Now that the dust has settled, which was the bigger blunder?

Now that the dust has settled, which was the bigger blunder?

Attached: garbage.jpg (800x846, 190K)

Anthem i guess
People still play 76 for some reason so it must be doing something right

Anthem was supposed to be the big new flagship title from Bioware. Fallout 76 was never seen as more than B team filler.

Fallout 76, definitely.
Anthem was a complete failure and had its creators suffer and all that, but Fallout 76, my lord.
Failure after failure after failure, the backpack thing, the rum, the glitches, the exploits, the server problems, it was ridiculous.

Anthem.

Anthem
Everyone knew Fallout 76 was going to be a train wreck when it was first announced, meanwhile Anthem was meant to be the next big BioWare game and redeem them for Andromeda but ended up potentially killing them

I can't believe anybody bought either of them. I predicted 76 was going to be completely broken trash the moment I heard about it.

Isn't 76 good now?

its about the same as launch minus most of the glitches. its a boring slog of a game, it really is

76 is slowly becoming an ok game. I'm giving it until the end of the roadmap before I check it out for real, but last time I played it the framerate was stable it just had no content

Every Bethesda game is expected to have a budget of $50. Fallout 76 had very minimal expectations outside of their drone autistic fanbase that even sees Fallout 4 as an iconic masterpiece.

Meanwhile everybody was hailing Anthem as the next gaming giant, and unlike anything Bethesda ever develops, Anthem had a massive staff and budget put towards it.

Despite all that and despite both games still shitting the bed, Fallout 76 still has a larger playerbase and more consistent updates than Anthem does. As bad as Bethesda can be, Bioware out-shitted them with Anthem.

76 will never be good, because its foundation wasn't good. If you like certain aspects of mechanics of the recent Fallout games, you may not hate it, but it's still not good.

Publicity wise, Fallout 76. Bethesda has actually made efforts to fix the game, and are updating it with new content.
Content wise, Anthem. Bioware has unofficially abandoned the game, months after launch and not a single content expansion. Worse than D1 at launch.

Was that on console?

Depends on what you was looking for, I can still find anthem fun, don't get me wrong I can see it's shit but I still like playing in my iron man suit. If you just wanted a open world online scavenger game then fallout 76 might be fun for you. They are both shit just depends on what kind of shit you would rather play in.

Xbox One X

having unpack and gone through 76 files and analyzed the gear in anthem my conclusion is that both dev teams need to retake remedial math

Anthem. Fallout 76 at least managed to match the quality of a F2P mmo rehash of FO4. Anthem was a shitty tech demo with blatantly falsified RPG elements thrown on, and nothing else of note.

Anthem was bigger blunder BioWare shoulda had romances BioWare big mistake BioWare

This. It's somewhat fun to play with friends in the same sense that any FO game would be. But everything up to and including multiplayer functionality was half assed. And to top it off they've made the cash shop P2W. Game isn't nor will ever be worth $1.

The numbers in Anthem don't add up because they literally do not matter.

i think fallout was the one more cynically made. no effort, no vision, no skill or craftsmanship or pride, just pure dogshit through and through.

anthem is also dogshit, but it has some flashes of interest

was meant for

76, because it damaged the Fallout brand.

4 did a good enough job of that

>fallout was the one more cynically made
They didn't add RPG stats that were literally just for show.

Anthem.

Everybody, even the devs forgot about it after a week. At least Fallout 76 had a bunch of fuckups on a cataclysmic scale so it was relevant for longer. Every day you would hear more news about the game being trash.

Most people reading this thread probably forgot Anthem existed and that's what makes it worse, it's just a whole lot of nothing.

BOB DYLAN
O
B

D
Y
L
A
N

the numbers in anthem do add up but it's fucking retarded, all inscriptions are additive with two types of gear score multiplier mixed in. descriptions are wrong in some cases, mainly the ranger blast/impact components, because shit gets hard coded to act one way if it should both gain and lose damage from the effect.

>implying that Fallout 4 didnt sell a fuck ton
The only people who were upset with Fallout 4 were the hardcore rpg fans, most if not everybody else could enjoy it.