How do people like this game so much...

How do people like this game so much? I got it for free from a friend on steam and am currently in the middle of route c, and between the shitty indie dev visuals that looks like an upscaled PS2 game to the 3Deep5Me plotline there isn't really much to latch onto. The characters are shit 2B is waifu bait, 9S is a white knight who is just there to advance the plot, and A2 is edgelord tier trash. Many plot threads were introduced and just left on the wayside like White Chlorination Syndrome. I want to play THAT game, not some shittier attempt at a Kojimbo hack fraud story. Tell me Yea Forums does it get any better?

Attached: tomato.jpg (590x336, 50K)

Only redditor retards like Automata
Original Nier was better in everyway and so where all of the other Drakengards, Yoko Taro is a Pseudo hack faggot

To get the whole story you need to have played every Yoko Taro game, including the mobile game Sin'O'Alice. Read every screenplay and watched the hard to find fan translations of the japanese stageplays. Found a fan translation or read japanese to understand the complete guides and the novels, including a book contained only in drakengards tenth anniversary box set, a audio drama, a visual novel and the upcoming FFXIV raid.

Example 1: at the start of the game 2b says she wants to find her god and kill him. If you watch both stage plays and read a light novel you know this is a joke because her creator is the original 9 model unit which is why its such an advanced hacker. She has not only found her creator all along in a way but its her job to kill him when he discovers too much because the original pre black box unit 9 saw all his friends die and the survivors went crazy -which is why male combat units were no longer produced- and left his own series as a constant sabotage to hack into things he wasn't supposed to and cause trouble for the organisation long after he was killed by them. She does meet her god and kills him. Endlessly.

Example 2: midway through the game a storybook cutscene tells a tale of a angry god exploding from a mountain and gifting the machines with true sentience. In the Drag-On-Dragoon: Inside woRLD novel contained in the Drakengard jp only 10th anniversary set you read how thats a boss supposedly killed in Nier that woke up millenia later and flew out of his junk heap into space causing an EMP that fucked up the circuits and caused a schism in the machine hivemind.

Good luck its metal gear/kingdom hearts level homework!

Attached: mama mia.jpg (750x573, 30K)

That's my point however, you shouldn't have to have a bachelor's degree in Yoko Taro lore to understand the plot of this supposed game of the year contender game. The only redeeming factors so far are the music and combat.

>Yoko Taro game

Attached: 156557466718799 soy.jpg (219x248, 26K)

>you shouldn't have to have a bachelor's degree in Yoko Taro lore to understand the plot of this supposed game of the year contender game
Kind of makes you sound like a pleb desu m8

This is like the 3rd or 4th NieR automata thread up right now.
What YouTuber just made a video on it?

You don't. All that other user posted is just lore that adds to the overall universe.

Attached: Paul_Bearer_bio--709d1387320c3947089e11ef8480ae2b.jpg (1200x675, 91K)

You sound like one of the blizzdrones spamming the "we are going home bros..." threads. You literally need to read the extra material because cutscenes appear from the halfway point that are without any context or meaning and explain the fucking plot.

Attached: Soy.png (962x721, 823K)

Examples? Because you don't need to read any extra material to understand the character drama that makes most of Automata's story.

>Popular game gets multiple threads
> Hurr durr muh e-celeb

Attached: 1541653829475.jpg (480x360, 30K)

You're a brainlet

>The reason backdoors keep opening for 9s and why 2e needs to kill him everytime he does
>The reason the machine hivemind exists at all
>Why the aliens came to earth
>What the black boxes are
>What happened to khaine
>Why does Eve get infected by the Red Eye
>Why do the watchers want Yorha to be the next Legion
>Who planted all the Lunar Tears
>What happened to Nier and Yohna
>How many times has Pascal been wiped and started a new village
>Why is Accord ensuring Devola and Popola units are treated differently
>What planet they are all going to at the end
>Why the castle, theme park and coastal regions are where they are
>Why the emil clones are all at one place in the desert
>Why 2e's exist
>Why black boxes exist
>What differentiates a YorHa and Project Replicant Android.
>How the feral machines can use Maso particles
>Everything written in angelic script
>What the scientist robot was doing
honestly i could go on and on. Its not just 'durr androids fight robots and feel sad hurr durr' but so much of it is a transmedia exercise.

So you just assume a ball of robots hugging each other creates a viable womb to produce a fully grown humanoid gynoid no questions asked? Brainlets are amazing.

Most of that got nothing to do with the story Automata is trying to tell is more about the general world and universe the characters inhabit. Most stories don't start with the literal creation of the universe and all events that lead up to the actual story part.

Is that explained outside the game? Does the explanation add anything to 9S' or A2's journey?

>A wizard did it is good enough, dont ask questions just consume content and enjoy the lights and sounds.
God i wish i had such low standards. Everything must be an amazing odyssey for you.

>He thinks reading, a task that anyone can do makes him a galaxy brain.
larp and cope harder faggot

Attached: 1536773847488.png (540x641, 205K)

99% of the time that is a functional explanation. There can be supplementary material that explains how the wizard did it, or even why the wizard did it, but in the moment
>A wizard did it
is indeed good enough.

I don't need an detailed explanation on how a gun is manufactured to enjoy a murder mystery. I don't need to know how dwarves digest alcohol to enjoy fantasy stories.

>And what is Aragorn's tax policy?
Oh I guess, Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is complete shit because the Silmarillion exists.

Right, but you don't need to read the Silmarillion to enjoy Lotr.

Attached: 1536207717248.jpg (746x718, 214K)

>He doesn't know the deep lore of Sauron being a buttboy for the real villain of the setting.

trying way too hard mate

and why the actual good characters from Nier didn't find emil

kys fucking roo nigger subhuman

You spoiled it.

You don't need to read the extra material to enjoy Automata. Why the aliens came to Earth doesn't matter to the story it tries to tell. Same reason why Melkor isn't part of LotR or the Ring's whole backstory part of the Hobbit.

my gripe was that the combat is too simple with dodge spam always holding the fire button wasn't fun also the game kept crashing on me and with no auto save i wasn't having a great time still i beat route A and some of B just to be sure it didn't get good X hours in

Thats right bruv, jus switch your brain off and enjoy it bet these are all yurofags who cant play pvp so play faggy story shit innit

>Nothing about gameplay
well I play GAMES for the GAMEplay and I enjoy collecting and optimizing chips and killing robots is fun even if it's not very difficult.

Attached: 1546566834161.jpg (462x374, 23K)

see

>Gandalf can use magic
>No explanation to how the magic works, how it entered the world, how Gandalf obtained it, and what Gandalf to do with it before actually using it
You really opened my eyes user. Truly, every single piece of writing is history is actually trash because you can break down part of it and over simplify it.

Attached: 1486330626178.png (480x480, 294K)

>le ebin multiplayer pvp

Attached: file.png (652x562, 168K)

Stuff like this is neat to know but in no way vital.
On the contrary, few stories thrive on explication.

Attached: 50-plato2.jpg (848x369, 36K)

Stories can also operate on multiple levels rather than being white noise.

Usually they're all the better for it.
But there's a difference between requiring greater investment versus rewarding greater investment.
This falls more in the latter camp.

Attached: 1544036912801.jpg (849x1200, 391K)