Comfy Classic RE Thread

Attached: coleco-resident-evil-com-manual-5-discos-ps1-D_NQ_NP_695813-MLB25637789017_062017-F.jpg (1200x759, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/
youtube.com/watch?v=IsD1h7Np2dQ
youtu.be/sSXxv7mQK34
youtube.com/watch?v=z1o_3yBe6Cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I kinda wanna replay and this time finish the original RE,best version?

Directors Cut

GameCube remake

Director's Cut with the OG soundtrack to be precise.
REmake is a very different game from RE1. I considered it more of a compliment to RE1 than a replacement.

deadly silence every other choice is wrong

I played the first one on DS and it was actually pretty good.

I fucking despise capcom but some of the covers of RE are amazing

Is RE0 good

fuck you, original RE1 game is worth playing too

No

I didnt like playing Survivor at all. It was made at least after RE2 and somehow it feels older than re1

The opening segment on the Train is excellent, then it becomes a complete piece of shit once you're off the train, especially when those fucking monkeys show up.

Yes it is. It is flawed though, but it's very far from being complete garbage like Yea Forums bitches about

I'm considering to get a mini ps, jus to install these 4 games (+silent hill) and play them the old way.

i dont know why but late summer and early fall is like RE nostalgia for me, I always get in the RE mood around these times.

RE Survivor could do with a remake. It is canon after all.

Director's Cut on PSone. Avoid the Dual Shock version at all costs.

Ignore this post. Deadly Silence has some exclusive content but nonetheless it's an inferior-looking version of the original with lower poly models and running at lower resolution. Also it doesn't have the DC arrange mode.

Attached: 11240726352840tc.gif (320x240, 1012K)

Where did the 'play REmake avoid RE1' meme come from? have any of these faggots ever play both games to know they are radically different?

REmake even relies on a lot of tricks that are based on a player's previous knowledge of RE1 anyway, you're missing out if you don't play both.
REmake is still the superior game imo, but it earns that spot with help from the original.

Can't wait until some people will say "play Remake 2 avoid RE2"

Steam version with a controller

It's always been a thing, ever since coming from Gamecube owners that never had a PS1, but only got worse with years since REmake got ported on everything.

Same for me, because it's when the PS1 games were set.

where the fuck do I get the pc versions of the trilogy?

That will literally never happen.

Good luck trying to make them work. PS1 emulation is best option.

that doesnt answer my question, anyways I recall a big patch for RE2 was released last year, is the game still broken after that patch or what?

don''t listen to any of the other replies, PC version with this patch is best version

appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/

GCCX has TWO, count them TWO episodes covering RE1 and RE2. No subs though. Someone please sub them.

Post best gimmicky shit the series did. I'll start - i think it was the dreamcast controller that showed your HP status on it so you won't have to open up the menu to see it. Now that's what I'm talking about bois

Seriously. Is Chris autistic?
youtube.com/watch?v=IsD1h7Np2dQ

did Mikami write the dialogue? That sounds like someone trying to do those 80's and early 90's action guy one liners.

CV should be there instead of 3 desu.

Attached: th.jpg (474x231, 31K)

posted the placeholder image by accident.

Attached: Resident Evil - Code Veronica (Capcom) [NTSC-U].jpg (2770x1350, 2.78M)

hell fucking no

you'd better have a damn good explanation for that post other than being an offended tranny.

Attached: DXmqVKxXkAU56of.jpg (2048x1379, 485K)

>yellow goop-man enemies
>infinitely respawning bugs that poison you in the chris part
>steve burnside and the LITERAL offended tranny being terrible characters
the first hour and the castle area were nice but hell no
also they use the same shitty worm boss that's in RE3 as a NORMAL ENEMY, like come on man fuck you

>finish RE1
>they did it. These goofy ass cops did it, they saved the fucking city, based.
>RE2 demo comes out
>w-wot?
>very opening
>the city is on FUCKING FIRE
>THEY DIDNT SAVE SHIT. HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING
>out of the flames comes "them"
>these ones aren't scientists. They are regular people
>and they are everwhere
>not a single room in RE1 had as many zombies as just this city street does
>to top it all off, THIS is the music thats playing:

youtu.be/sSXxv7mQK34

Holy fucking shit balls this fucking game man, you HAD to be there.

Attached: 86F1F644-9C38-4969-BEBB-401857156160.jpg (623x950, 340K)

Chode Harmonica sucks. Fuck that final boss and blatant nostalgia baiting near the end. Also it completely fucked the story so hard RE4 ended up basically being its own standalone story.

RE3 was better in every fucking way. Nothing beats STARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Sheer horror carries the whole game. CVX did not achieve this dread.

Nemesis is a meme

RECV is by far the better game

Attached: AshfordFamilyCrest.jpg (150x172, 4K)

RE3 wasn't even meants to be RE3. It was a RE gaiden. The team wanted CV to be the real RE3 but because it was stuck on a Sega system at the time, they were forced to call Nemesis RE3 and RE3 Code: Veronica.

Attached: 1530767216545.png (720x723, 511K)

>RECV is by far the better game
It really isn't. Even the basic gameplay in CV is worse than RE1. The movement and enemies are just wrong and the new stretchy arm enemy they added is retarded. The decision to have an infinitely respawning moth that poisons you outside of a safe room is another bit of pure genius game design that comes to mind. God that game is trash.

how though? i gave nemesis as an example of why its better, you only said its a meme and that's it. give me some reason lol
i know user, you're right, however that does not make it worse than cvx

Okay but if CV was called RE3 then the series would be treated as a complete joke and never have survived this long because it's a shit ass game.

Was that in X?

>cvx
That's what I figured. You never played the real game.

Original Playstation longbox. There is no aim assist so it makes this edition the ultimate survival horror.

lmao are you really trying to tell me cvx was worse than cv? fuck off mate, it was an improved version in every way. if i'm wrong, tell me how

well they didn't have the kung-fu matrix wesker cutscenes for starters

You're a latecomer to the party in the same way that if someone tried to play RE1 today, they'd say it sucked due to its shitty controls and combat. You're also someone who calls cv "cvx". You're so late and so ignorannt, you think that's the actual name of the game. You weren't "there" to play the game in its time and you didn't witness how revolutionary it was but I digress.

CVX: 6.5
CV: 9.5

Attached: Capture.jpg (732x726, 62K)

I've never even played CVX, only the original. They're probably about the same level of shit.

All this proves is marketing hype can greatly overrate a trash entry in a series.

>y-yeah but everything was outdated when I played it!
keep proving my point.

Code Veronica was never good. It was always a bad game. RE1 is infinitely better.

I love the old concept art. Especially how they make wesker look villainous

Attached: 1532397840984m.jpg (723x1024, 145K)

>Resident Evil
Director's Cut (but not the one that says 'Dualshock', this one is also not on PSN) OR Deadly Silence (DS) OR the Saturn release (which has a battle game).
>2
The PS1 Dualshock version OR the GCN version (basically the same thing) OR the Dreamcast version (same thing but with an added hard mode) OR Sourcenext (Dreamcast but better looking and in Japanese, PC only)
>3
See 2, minus the extra hard mode.
>CODE:Veronica
The original Dreamcast release has slightly less cutscenes and a less cute Steve. This tradeoff is sufficed by Wesker getting his shit kicked in by the final boss.
The PS2/GCN/PS4 are all ports of the Japanese only rerelease, CODE:Veronica Kanzenban, which has the features I mentioned earlier.
The PS3/360 release is a remaster of that, but with better lighting.
>Gun Survivor
PS1 exclusive, the Taiwan PC port didn't happen
>Gaiden
GBC exclusive, non-canon side story to CVX
>Gun Survivor 2: CODE:Veronica
PS2 exclusive.
>Resident Evil (2002)
Stick to the original GCN version, remaster fucks up some thing like 3D objects in the background and the remastering process on some of them is a bit poor.
>Resident Evil 0
The remaster is actually good here. So that or the GCN release.
>Dead Aim
PS2 exclusive, worth trying out
>Outbreak 1 and 2
PS2 exclusives, it is possible to get the online working again

Attached: 1535287872262m.jpg (782x1024, 170K)

bullshit. you don't know shit and just parroting what other tardos told you zoomer. you did not say shit. why is it better? i'll tell you why cvx is better than vanilla - in the opening movie of cv the entire plot is spoiled, the ending in cvx involves wesker AND chris AND claire and continues the story with wesker mentioning he took steve's body in order to recover the t veronica, in cvx steve was fleshed out for example when they changed to hair to prepare it for his monstrous version AND listening to the fans who told them it was a fucking copy paste of di caprio. the graphics were obviously better although not by a huge leap but enough to be observed with ease. again, more character establishment for the future for example when wesker faces alexia he fucking fights back in cvx. want me to go on? either offer concrete examples or fuck off

Best save room theme incoming

youtube.com/watch?v=z1o_3yBe6Cg

It came from REmaster babies who never played RE1 as it never got ported to anything more advanced than the DS.

Lmao never going to happen pal.

Attached: 1533041397508m.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

this
is what you sound like.

>concept

user a hentai artist made this, his content was video games he enjoyed playing. He is very good though and captures RE1 well. He seems to like Capcom games very much, or did, 20 years ago.

Attached: 140F57C5-8279-4C31-8B91-0BEDA24B53BF.jpg (1092x1396, 644K)

You shouldn't play either version of CV.

>token wacky and zany nigger xD
I hate this trope so much

RECV's environment design is way denser, it requires some 3D thinking to figure out how to get from A to B, and that's before the mid-game switcheroo which alters the established geography and the routes through it. It's really great design. It also has a far better story and characters than RE3, which is honestly pretty fucking dull in both regards. The one standout aspect of RE3 is Nemesis, and he's a novelty at best unless you want to fight him.

I really disliked what they did with Wesker in CVX. His Dreamcast incarnation said everything that needed to be said. The CVX version was cartoonishly sadistic and 'badass' for the sake of it. Also Steve's hairstyle was better in the original.

Attached: Alexanderashford.jpg (218x260, 12K)

CV and CVX are not radically different games mate, they're the same games with different cutscenes. CV only got praised because when it came out, it was the first fully 3D Dreamcast game and when CODE:Veronica Kanzenban got brought over, people realized that making it fully 3D was an awful idea for the time and it didn't look good next to Outbreak, Dead Aim and REmake

disagree on all but the first part about the design requiring "3d thinking". did not take that into account, well put, way better than re3 here i agree.

Oh damn... Well that's embarrassing

Attached: 1528244766473.jpg (635x473, 60K)

>CV discussion
Sweet, wonder if people are talking about my boy Ste-
>it's CV shitflinging
o-oh

Attached: 36096039_p2_master1200.jpg (600x500, 278K)

>CV
>anything but shit
Mega yikes and cringe

Literally the only things wrong with CV are its departure from pre-rendered backgrounds and its failure to set up atmosphere

kek

Attached: 1531499960263m.jpg (1024x818, 107K)

It has awesome atmosphere though

I love them all but I play CV:X the most out of them. On that note, I don't dislike Steve as a character. He's a 17 year old shithead and it's easy to relate to him when I look back at being that age.

I'd say that's quite a big thing to get wrong with this series isn't it? It's also when wesker jumped the shark and became some dumb ass Agent from the Matrix and those stretchy arm enemies were abysmal.

>its failure to set up atmosphere
I think the game sucks shit but that castle area was one of the most atmospheric locations in the series

God I LOVE CLASSIC RE

Attached: re42.jpg (800x450, 93K)

Looks good

that came out pretty crisp.

Why do people hate CV? The story was fucking KINO and alexia was a great final boss. Her boss theme is the best one in the series.

It's got sluggish pacing and the less thoughtful level design than the previous game. 3 suffered with some level design problems as well but they were amplified in CV. CV would've benefitted from having stronger core mechanics, but as it is it's a classic RE game without many of the points that made classic RE good.

>tfw RE3 is my favorite RE game

Attached: smokepepe.jpg (720x724, 29K)

thanks bros I tried my absolute best

Considering how badly RE2make fails at telling a coherent story you can care about nobody is ever recommend that. I however will say "Play RE2, avoid RE2make".

Well done, your favourite is the worst of the original 3

They're both worth playing, but RE2make doesn't outright replace the original (despite the original's own merits) like the first REmake. I think it's better that way, RE2make is fantastic from a gameplay and mechanical standpoint, but the original is more immersive in the atmospheric sense.

Here is the OBJECTIVE ranking of the RE series
>God Tier
Resident Evil (1996)
>Top Tier
RE2 (1998)
RE3 (1999)
REmake
RE5: Gold Edition
Dead Aim
RE2 (2019)
Outbreak 1 + 2
>Mid Tier
CODE:Veronica
Gun Survivor
RE4
Revelations 2
RE7
>Low Tier
Gun Survivor 2
Gaiden
Chronicles
Revelations
RE6
Umbrella Corps
>Dogshit Tier
ORC

Attached: 1547769021678.jpg (267x241, 17K)

yeah its hard to beat the atmosphere of 2. Its crazy how well its atmosphere holds up with those terribly aged graphics.

Now how the fuck do I get hold of a functional, non-jank version of the originals?

Answer, there is none.

Just play them on PS1 mate
They're also on PSN for the PSP, PS3 and Vita

damn, it's almost perfect. just move uc to dogshit and switch rev 2 with rev 1. fuck if i have any other complains tbqh famalam

I chalk it up to the music and the way the game progresses. It really does feel like the city closes in on you more and more as the game goes on, although you get some moments of rest when you're lost in the RPD. The remake went for constant, panicky tension while the original was more subdued with sudden spikes of horror.

Shitty list only because ORC was semi-competent. Also was cool to explore an expanded Raccoon City.

ORC is offensively bad. UC is just shitheads running around RE maps (and it plays better surprisingly).
REv2 > REv1 as REv2 didn't have a boring AND completely pointless story.
ORC was everything wrong with RE at the time in a single game, in addition to selling 2 million units.

Not counting what the other anons said, Wii U eshop has RE Deadly Silence too I'm pretty sure

fair enough. i guess i'm longing for some water/ship shit horror. who gave me the fix? rev 1 and cold fear.

>boring
one of the best paced stories of the series, only held back by the Quint and Keith segments
>completely pointless story
It shows where the careers of Jill and Chris went after the Raccoon City incident, explains how Wesker's organization got samples to create Ouroborous (using the T-Abyss virus), and the final scene functions as a prequel to RE5 Lost in Nightmares.

>fair enough. i guess i'm longing for some water/ship shit horror. who gave me the fix? rev 1 and cold fear.
My least favourite parts of horror games were always tanker and sewer levels, so maybe I just don't like water.
>one of the best paced stories of the series, only held back by the Quint and Keith segments
It is 13 chapters of absolute nothing, soap opera tier drama.
>It shows where the careers of Jill and Chris went after the Raccoon City incident
Umbrella Chronicles and RE5 already did this
>explains how Wesker's organization got samples to create Ouroborous (using the T-Abyss virus)
Unneeded, we already knew Wesker had multiple t-Type strains, Progenitor, Spencer's research, Plaga and Birkin's research + G-type sameples from his corpse.
>and the final scene functions as a prequel to RE5 Lost in Nightmares.
But doesn't say anything about it despite having an obvious sequel hook, which REv2 carried on from

Second RE1 playthrough. how’d I do?

Attached: E8BAA1EC-E47E-4CED-BA2F-3CAEBF8D8F84.jpg (2048x1536, 932K)

Play RE:DS for the definitive experience and then play REmake.

How many saves was your first playthrough? I'm assuming the amount here now is a big improvement. 7 times certainly isn't bad a second go. If you play a third time you should get it down to 4 saves.

15 saves the first time. I forgot what my time was though.

Anyone ever play through Umbrella Chronicles with one of these bad boys? Legit some of the most fun I've ever had with a video game. My biggest gaming related regret is not picking up Darkside Chronicles when I still had my Wii.

Attached: nykoperfectshot.png (440x330, 73K)

I remember the days where we had various fan fics before RE4, man some of these were genuinely good and actually better than anything Capcom put at the time

Also, I still had various magazines talking about RE2 with the RE 1.5 screenshots, can't believe the beta was leaked after all these years.

Attached: 1548525306-mrxalk2.png (800x600, 392K)

Why are you lying? RE:DS features all new models, which by the way look better than the old models, I can tell you that much for free. It also includes a godsend that is the quick turn, a dedicated button for the knife now so it no longer takes up space in your inventory, skippable door transitions and cutscenes and Kenneth's decapitated head scene is left intact.

Keep seething cuck veronica faggots.

>skippable door transitions
Why is this something anybody would want?
Aren't you playing the game for the atmosphere?
>durr they're just loading screens
nigger they're loading a fucking JPEG that your character scoots around on, if you wanna break down one aspect of the game then you need to break down them all.
Door loading is imperative to the atmosphere of RE1 and RE2, and RE2 even relies on the doors for certain key scares.

The Wii was fucking great for railshooters.
It was great trying to recreate the arcade-style with no reticles.

Bretty good user
also inezh best jill

Attached: 1528244905033.jpg (445x641, 380K)

Nope

DS has lower poly models than the PSone version (Jill's arms are literally boxes), and inferior lighting. If you think it looks better, that's up to you.

It also has lower resolution due to the DS screen being 256x192 as opposed to the PSone's 320x240, and the backgrounds are clumsily reduced in size by simply stripping out lines of pixels as opposed to being resized through a filter.

The game itself plays great as always, but the QOL additions aren't worth it, the visuals are a distinct downgrade, the UI is ugly as shit, and the added content is fun for one playthrough at most.

Director's Cut is absolutely the best version of the original out there.

Attached: 1520100396909.gif (480x360, 2.96M)

For me,its Resident Evil Code Veronica:Nemesis

Attached: stars.webm (798x600, 2.99M)

Based.

Jill's updated model from the DS version. Only thing I'll agree with you is that the pre rendered backgrounds are indeed worse which is why I didn't mention it in my previous post.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 68K)