Is Sony in the right to keep Spider-Man all to themselves?

Is Sony in the right to keep Spider-Man all to themselves?

People seem to want him ported over to other companies, what do you think?

Attached: spider-man-ps4-far-from-home-1562062624799.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSB8EC5VbUE
instagram.com/p/B1fUPgblShf/
cnbc.com/2019/08/21/spider-man-talks-breakdown-why-thats-bad-for-disney-and-sony.html
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2014
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Edge-of-Spider-Verse
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sony always win

Other companies like who?

Anything that helps break up the Disney monopoly on the film industry, I support

Fcuking port beggars man FUCK!

Stop being coy about wanting a Yea Forums thread, just make the off-topic thread because it'll probably stay up regardless if it's worth paying attention to.

Disney's terms were unreasonable and Sony makes better Spider-Man movies anyways. It's a blow against their Iron Man circle-jerk and their MCU too.

Attached: 1550930933086.jpg (325x325, 6K)

They paid for development and now they own Insomniac so it's definitely not going anywhere
It has nothing to do with the film rights, the video game rights are separate and are owned by Marvel

>sell spiderman ip for 10 million dollars in 1994
marvel now: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW BUGGED BUSINESS MECHANICS

Why are MCucks the worst fanbase?

you better download all the free costumes as soon as possible, after the broken relationship with disney, sony is going to lose the game rights sooner than expected

Like it or not, it's their "property" and they can do as they please. I just hate the weaponization of all these cucks by Sony and especially Disney for their negotiations. Just STFU already.

DLC WAS A MISSTAKE

Pretty sure Disney/Marvel still retain the video game licenses, they just do straight up per-game deals instead of long lasting licenses like EA's Star Wars one. They were likely just tired of dogshit yearly releases that sold poorly and went for a mega-hit instead

The rights holders are in the right to do whatever they want with their property. They paid for those rights and Disney and the public throwing a shitfit and acting like Sony did something wrong is dumb.

Sony doesn't want to give up control of one of their most valuable properties and that's effectively what the Disney deal would have done. Sony is a shit film company but people come back for Spider-Man.

As for the game, they don't have those rights. They paid for development and contracted Insomniac to work on the game so this game is theirs but Marvel can have someone else make a Spider-Man game whenever they want.

>people come back for Spider-Man.
Yeah, people really turned out in droves to see Amazing Spider-Man 2

ASM2 made over 700M. Yes, retards will come back for Spiderman no matter what.

SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE

>t. Mousekektear

>DOWNVOTE
>DOWNVOTE
>DOWNVOTE
>DOWNVOTE
What did he meme by this?

>Announcing a report or "sage"

Reminder that Disney is at fault for everything because they are the ones who fucked copyright rights for everyone forever
>The Copyright Act of 1909, gave creative works to up to 56 years of protection, meaning afterwards it should enter public domain (think of Peter Pan, or Cinderella, basically any Disney childhood story) In 1976 Congress overhauled U.S. copyright law and expanded already-published corporate copyrights from 56 years to a maximum of 75 years. So Mickey should have become public domain in 2003. In 1997 Congress introduced the Copyright Term Extension Act, which extended corporate copyrights from 75 to 95 years. So now Mickey should become public domain in 2023.

with this logic, if Disney wasn't lobbying for non stop extension of copyright periods, Spiderman would enter.... august next year

Hi, I one of the five people in the world demanding for both TASM suits in game.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSB8EC5VbUE

Not to mention the next film will still use Holland as Spider-Man. Even if it's not related to the MCU, that'll be enough to bring a lot of fans of his MCU appearances to his next movie.

if I have to choose between

option 1: into the spider verse 2, spider-man 2 PS4, more venom-like fun films with no movie universe baggage to make things boring

option 2: more MCU tom holland - iron boy

I'm gonna go with option 1

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20180929200551.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

>spider-man 2 PS4
This would be firmly in option 2, though.

The first one is shit but TASM2 has the best Spider-Man suit ever put on film.

Attached: 91RuCdS7gPL._SL1500_~2.jpg (750x1208, 322K)

>not realizing sony has at least a 3 game deal set

For how little it's worth, I agree.

so are they going with Raimi Spider Man 4 or Amazing Spider Man 3 now that they cant use MCU Spiderman?

ASM3 most likely, they're very against re-treading the Raimi films.

Sony owns the movie rights and completely funded the PS4 game, why would you ever think anyone else should have that game or rights to make movies about him? If they want that right they can make a worthwhile offer to Sony. This is a begging thread.

This has been my issue with the MCU Spider-Man films -- he's too tied into the overall MCU, even in his own movies. I'd argue the main MCU cast gets proper dedicated films where his movies are almost entirely built around the MCU. While Marvel has done a great job with his characterization, the movies themselves aren't very good Spider-Man movies.

That said, your dichotomy doesn't really work. Spiderverse 2 was already possible and in the works, Spider-Man 2 PS4 was already possible since the Vidya rights aren't the same as the movie rights and Sony wants Spider-Man to be its own movie universe so you're still going to get a bunch of standalone movies starring villains and side characters that have stingers and shit constantly teasing future films -- like all the Sinister Six shit in TASM2.

>Is Sony in the right to keep Spider-Man all to themselves?
how is this even a question? sony made a shrewd business move by betting on spider-man when marvel was at rock bottom. now it's paying off for them. they have all the leverage and no reason to bend over for disney's greed.
marvel capeshitters are pathetic bootlicking manchildren who would welcome a total disney monopoly on all entertainment just so they can get their capeshit. i'll never understand it, these movies aren't even good. capeshit movies used to be universally ridiculed and dismissed for a reason.

Attached: 1556493712459.jpg (1200x1125, 218K)

Definitely, shame about the rest of the film though.

Sooner or later, they will run the IP into the ground. Snoy execs will blame it on misogynists and racists but it will simply be because they were bad and the movies they made were bad. After a couple of years, they will reboot and the shitshow will start all over again.

I just want a PC port for better frames, I ended up buying it fir my ps4 and it's a pretty good game but would be better at a higher frame rate so it's pointless to port it to another console with shit framerates.

I don't like Sony, at all, but I'd rather they have all of Spider-man than Disney.
Disney can go fuck itself for making him an autistic 10 year old that sucks old man dick.
Say what you will about TASM but it still had more edge than the kiddie crap Disney makes. And Into the Spider-verse has more soul than fucking anything Disney has made since Toy Story 1 and that wasn't even Disney.

Attached: 5345345345.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

I hate MCUtards so damn much.

what do you mean? there's like 4 spider-men in mua3

IMO disney knew very well what they were doing, they were making tom holland spider-man DEPENDED on the MCU to work at all, with each fillm it was more and more MCU shit, more than any other MCU stand-alone film, they were doing this intentionally

They're still using Holland. He's contracted for 2 more solo films and Sony will be producing both. They just won't mention the MCU or it's elements at all. Sony is just going to wrap him back into shit like Venom, Black Cat/Silver Sable and Morbius if I'm remembering right. Since Marvel forced him to stay separate from those films.

Why though? They are still the most memorable super hero movies of all time, other than maybe the dark knight movies and the first avengers. Making a 4th one to really tie down the series would probably bring in more money than the MCU spider man movies (which made less than captain marvel and black panther).

so you're saying Spider Man is saved?

Holland is still contracted with Sony for another Spider-Man film. It just won't be connected to the MCU. He'll be Sony's Spider-Man instead of Marvel's but he'll still be played by Holland and you can bet Sony will milk that confusion for all it's worth.

I'd be surprised if they didn't get a cameo of him in Venom 2, then Spider-Man's debut film is basically Maximum Carnage.

Probably first time Disney got told no

Attached: everythingdisneyowns_b.jpg (3623x4372, 3.69M)

its ironic how they stated Spiderman wouldn't be in Venom but now they might as well

Spiderverse Peter was based on tobey and they almost got him to voice. They would go back to him.

Spider-Man can maybe be more than just Tony's little now yeah. Interact with his own villains, frontline is own cinematic universe. I expect Marvel to prop Harvey up in Peter's place too.

>tom holland spidey but with no MCU shit to keep it down and tom hardy venom is gonna be in it

fuck yes lad

Attached: 1506541861327.jpg (761x568, 33K)

Think they said they wanted their own mini MCU by combining Spiderman and Venom, prior to this whole shitstorm occuring

>mfw Toby is 44 years old now
maybe they can do an old spiderman movie, theres plenty of cool comic stuff

Attached: 1498888403333.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

Look I don’t care about this movie autism. I just pray to god SONY leaves Insomniac the hell alone and let’s them work on the sequel

I want Gwen to sit on my face

I thought Spiderverse Peter was a combination of all three film actors.

what's the deal with venom
a lot of the stuff I've seen him make it look like he's a retard but he was hilarious in the ps1 game, hands down the best character there

I agree, honestly. It seems like they tried to entangle him in the Marvel brand as deeply as they could, in the same way Sony tried to muddy the waters before Venom as to whether it was part of the MCU.

As mentioned above, Holland still has another movie with Sony. They're going to launch his iteration in the Sony Spiderverse either with Venom 2 or following it.

Tom started posting on instagram again while all this shit was going down, he posted this picture of him and RDJ:

instagram.com/p/B1fUPgblShf/

"We did it Mr Stark!"

I think Sony and Disney came to a deal and RDJ might've convinced them to let Disney keep using Spidey, Tom's PR team would've told him to stay quiet while this was going on

will we ever get the SUPERIOR movie?

crap wrong image

Attached: 46313335_552665545195076_401568614563446784_n.jpg (621x960, 121K)

Yes, they own the rights to the IP.
>People seem to want him ported over to other companies, what do you think?
Sony owns the rights to the IP and can do with it as they please.

He’s an anti-hero who bonded with alien goo that acted like a pissed ex-girlfriend who shared a hatred of Peter Parker. They both eventually got over Parker. They’re not dumb

I might have to do with the Dr. Dolittle reboot the two of them are a part of

Superior is a shit arc only cuckhold casuals like. It’s a ripoff of Kraven’s Last Hunt

Mickey Mouse won't enter public domain. He is a trademark of the Walt Disney Corporation; trademarks are indefinite. Steamboat Willie will enter the public domain. At least the parts of it not trademarked.

Holland is going to join Spiderverse 2 and open up the series of crossovers between MCU and Sony Marvel films.

Deadpool & the Avengers... calling it now.

But the second one is literally just the classic suit

Alien goo that temporarily bonded with Peter but was too evil so he got driven off and bonded with the school bully Brock instead, keeping memories of Spiderman along with an obsession/crush

deadpool is fox you dipstick, disney own fox now

Disney should've made Holland a college freshman, instead of a highschool sophomore. Tom looks as old as Tobey did in the first Spider-Man movie.

>disney own fox now
Makes you wonder how much money Disney paid to get that past antitrust

Spider-Man is an interesting character in that Marvel only ever sold the film rights to Sony. They've licensed additional things like video games or TV animation for limited timeframes but for the most part the only thing Sony makes money off of is the movies. Which means Sony really shouldn't even bother because this shit makes most of it's money in merchandise. Sony holding onto Spider-Man is 100% spite at this point because they really don't make as much off the brand as Disney does. Either way no matter who owns the film rights Disney is profiting off it which is why it is bullshit they wanted more money when they're getting all the merch residuals.

So, like, in comparison with the X-Men and Fantastic Four it wasn't in Marvel/Disney's best interest to stop promoting those characters heavily and over time they eased off doing so because Fox made money off movie toylines. That's why after the MCU launched X-Men film toylines pretty much vanished. Marvel was rumored to have been pressured Hasbro into going all in for GOTG 1 when they were really interested in giving Days of Future Past a full toyline since it was the grand return of the original trilogies cast and characters and GOTG meanwhile was considered a far larger risk at the time since it was an entirely unproven brand.

Fuck Sony, fuck censorship, fuck forests, and most especially important of all, fuck NIGGER-JANNIES-TRANNIES.

Holland isn't great at PR. He spoils shit and whatnot all the time. I wouldn't put much stock in it yet.

Spider-Man being usable in their upcoming Spiderverse (currently sans Spider-Man) is incredibly valuable. Disney will have to sweeten the pot a lot since Sony can ride the goodwill of Holland's MCU Spidey and their own successful portrayal of Venom into their own successful franchise of they handle it right.

They even have a way of giving Venom his symbol without retconning what they did in the prior film.

Attached: bbb1614bc7905cb19c17ac87e95aa649.jpg (614x923, 115K)

I don't mind that so much of the MCU is in the Spidey movies since you're getting a new perspective on the universe with the younger actors, but I'm guessing they'll get more and more standalone as they continue. With the mid credits scene of Far From Home it opens the door for things to change drastically
I'm guessing the same. Hopefully they did come to some kind of deal, because I only really want to follow Spider-Man's movies going forward

>NO IT'S NOT FAIR! DISNEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET WHATEVER IT WANTS!!!

Is Kingpin a Spider-Man or Daredevil villain?

Can someone who is not a brainlet explain to me how likely it is that spiderman will get ported to PC? I've been holding out getting it for my PS4 pro expecting a PC release but it's been a year and there's no word.

sidenote but whats the next phase for the MCU after End Game? I know they're going back to character movies like Thor 4 but whats the plan there?

Noice.

>believing Tom is genuine
What a lovely innocence, zoomer.

Never ever EVER

It's a first party Sony gave you retard. It's never getting a proper PC port.

Kingpin is more of a Dare Devil villain even though he was in the tv show and in other comics. Its cause King Ping's henchmen are also the guys that fight Dare Devil, like you dont have Bullseye fight Spiderman

Attached: 1509831799010.gif (800x430, 564K)

>Spider-Man is an interesting character in that Marvel only ever sold the film rights to Sony
If you believe the internet Marvel offered the rights to the entire Marvel cast but Sony was only interested in Spiderman and didn't believe the rest would sell

This was fucking years ago before Spiderman 1 though

Not gaming related.

>Spider-Man: Reign

Sony didn't want more money. They wanted to keep the deal as-is because right now it seems heavily in their favor and they have all the leverage when it comes to the character. Disney wanted to get in not only on Spider-Man but on the whole Spider-Man franchise, both financially and creatively. There's no incentive for Sony to do that and lose 50% of the profits, including merch and the like (right now Disney only gets 5% of the initial box office) of Spider-Man and his whole rogues gallery of upcoming films. Funding 50% of production doesn't nearly make up for that.

Sony doesn't have many valuable properties left and Marvel breathed life into Spider-Man, especially Holland as Spider-Man, in a way Sony never could have on their own. Sony wants to ride that wave and reap as much profit from it as they can.

Yes since sony was loosing money with Disney. Disney stole from them.

This. No more >muh mr stark

they should only have the right for them to make spiderman games desu, unless they plan on making their own spiderman movies.

Unlikely but possible. Sony funded games have made it to PC in the past since they don't view the platform as a competitor the way they do Xbox.

I don't think it'll happen but it's not an outrageous idea.

I didn't Sony wanted more money. I said it's bullshit Disney wanted more money because they get all of the merchandising residuals. And that's just where most of the money is made for these films. Even stuff like Venom Marvel and Disney are making all merchandising money. Sony's promoting and trying to build an IP that's just not in their best interest to build.

Who owns Disney again? Imagine how rich he is.

Spiderman is ps4 exclusive and people want it ported?

Captain Marvel was supposed to be the new lead for the next phase of MCU similar to how Iron Man was but we all know how it turns out. It's about as popular as Iron Man 3 and Thor 1 on rottentomatoes and Disney bought a fuck load of opening day movies to inflate the figures

Attached: 15457137839928.png (762x310, 225K)

Tell me, Yea Forums, who are the vampires at the end of superior comcis, and how do I read full story of them?

Doctor Strange is obviously the new Tony Stark.

Pretty confident Disney doesn't get profit for merch based on the Spidey films. Not sure how his merch for his cameos in other films works though.

fpbp

They did for the Tom Holland reboot at least
cnbc.com/2019/08/21/spider-man-talks-breakdown-why-thats-bad-for-disney-and-sony.html

Attached: 15457137839935.png (630x185, 16K)

I do worry for th next Phase since diversity seems to be a major focus and that hasn't worked well so far.

That said, Blade coming back has me hype as fuck. Really hoping for Dracula being properly portrayed in the movie.

Ah, yeah that's a pretty massive deal then.

>PG13 Blade
>Hype

Who the fuck cares.

Sony sold merchandising rights back to Disney almost 10 years ago, dude.

It really makes this Disney deal all the more fucking ridiculous.

Both. Or really, he's any street level hero's villain when you get down to it.

It's a massive deal in Sony's favour but Disney probably did it because they were desperate to get Spiderman into Avengers as well as try and get Sony dependent on Marvel and hence use as leverage

They fucked up though, you can't just go from 1% to 50% and Sony has enough wealth to tell them to fuck off

I'm tired of capeshit, I might watch whatever the next Thor is but I have no interest in the rest. Same with Star Wars, I'm watching 9 just to see how shit it is but I've written the series off as long as Disney own them

Attached: marvel-mcu-panel-phase-5-4-slate-BREAKDOWN-all-upcoming-movies-tv-shows-EXPLAINED-and-black-widow-do (1920x1080, 590K)

>It's a massive deal in Sony's favour
But is it really? Disney got all the merchandising rights for the character, which goes beyond just the one movie.

Whatever makes the manchildren seeth

I can't remember who's idea it was off hand but when negotiating the movie rights for Spider-Man they pretty much sold it for less than it was worth and retained all merchandising rights. It seemed at face value like this huge steal for Sony but then they quickly realized they were losing a massive chunk of the money. If I could find articles and videos about anything but the recent break up I'd supply a full source and write up about it but that's not happening right now.

I mean, the movie doesn't have to be an R to be good but honestly, they're going to have to start exploring R ratings when they bring in some characters and the like (i.e. Deadpool, who they're not gonna leave on the floor.) I think this will fit in well with that mindset. They may even call it a Fox-Marvel production or some shit.

If you know it's going to be shit then just don't fucking watch it.

For me I only care about Spider-Man. May watch Guardians 3, because the first two are pretty good, I'll wait to see how they do Fantastic Four and X-Men, otherwise I'm basically done as well

>Live action adaption of Last Stand Spider-Man

Honestly? A PG-13 Deadpool that kind of writes itself around the concept would probably work. Creative use of bleeps and censors can lead to a lot of material.

it doesnt matter if disney or sony kept him, they arent gonna do anything good with him any time soon
sony fucked up with their spidey, disney too, I just want spiderman in venom 2

It's more a morbid fascination with how much they can fuck it up than an actual interest in the movie itself

I'd assume it was, I'm using Toys R Us as a sort of barometer for how tight profits on toys have become these days. Especially with the rise of smartphones, tablets, PCs and consoles with kids

So in the Spider-man comics and the ACTUAL Spider-verse aka Edge of Spider-Verse, the Spider-Men from all different dimensions are psychically linked to something called the Web, which is also the source of their spider-senses. If you remember Madame Web from the comic shes like the gatekeeper.

Also in the Spider-verse are motherfucking space vampires that are the mortal enemies of the spiders, and they go through every universe and eat the other spidermen for their power. In the movie they replaced space vampires with a particle accelerator or some shit.

So in the comics, all remaining Spidermen get together to fight space vampires, incldung Japanese Spiderman who brings his Megazord and Peni who brings her Eva Unit. Superior Spiderman takes part in this arc too.

As for where to start, its kind of a long ass story origin story but if you want to just jump into the vampire vs spider wars, you can read here

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2014 starting from chapter 8

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Edge-of-Spider-Verse for sidestories related, specifically Peni and Spider-Nour

Attached: x9Uzdng.jpg (1600x860, 549K)

>I mean, the movie doesn't have to be an R to be good

They sure don't but edgy violence has always been a part of Blade. If you cut that out, it'll be this typical Marvel factory movie meant to sell as many tickets as possible without any sort of vampire related creative direction. So far, they're literally only selling it on WE GOT THE OSCAR/TRUE DETECTIVE GUY.

It's not just toys though. It's clothes, books, school supplies, smartphone apps, plushes, sports stuff. Everything with Spider-Man's face the money goes to Disney. Everything with any Spider-Man characters face goes to Disney and that's where most of the money comes from. Toys still sell pretty well Toys R Us had other problems not related to it's sales that brought it down.

Didn't they play around with that idea with the re-edited version of Deadpool 2?

I didn't watch the re-edit but they did I think. But the movie actually being written that way in the first place can make it work. I'd still prefer they just stick to R-ratings for Deadpool though and I'm sure they will.

better sony then disney.

Disney giv them the rights for the MCU deal so yep

They did, heard it was pretty terrible though

Wouldn't you?
He prints money like nothing, Spider-Man is insanely popular.

with a budge of 500M that's a fail

Isn't Spiderverse also partially a continuation of Edge of Time and Shattered Dimensions?

it printed money because of the MCU and RDJ. ASM was literally the death of Spiderman and that was after the Raimi Trilogy

While you're not wrong it doesn't invalidate what I said.
Spidey will almost never not make money, as two people pointed out ASM still managed to make 200M in profit.
Not a whole lot but it still made money.

I havent played those Spiderman games but just looking at the synopsis, it seems like they're part of Spider-Verse yeah since they have multiple Spider-Men

To be specific for anyone reading, Spider-verse just refers to all the Spider-Men across all dimensions, the Great Web and any crossover events because they've crossed over before. The space vampires thing is just a Spider-Versee crossover arc but its like the End Game of Spider-verse. There's actual a new arc called Spider-Geddon with even more space vampires.

marvel didn't do anything good with him. the new movies suck.

the garfield ones weren't great either, but the maguire ones are classics. fuck marvel.

Marvel has no idea what to do with Spider-Man throughout the various media. Compare Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man (2017) to Spectacular Spider-Man or even Spider-Verse.

Sony keeps 1-UPing Marvel at their own game.

dad spideman with daughter ... bum

>Sony makes better Spider-Man movies anyways
Oh yeah like the Andrew Garfield movies?

Isn't she some kind of dyke though?

Andrew Garfield > Tom Holland

I think they had a highly successful casting. He's the best balance of a good Peter and good Spidey we've gotten so far. I also think they did a great job with both Mysterio and Vulture, both of which I wasn't sure would have worked on film before.

The movies around those elements were largely soft MCU ads but those elements were better than anything Sony put out outside of Ock and Norman (not Green Goblin.)

spiderman movies were best part of mcu imo

First one looks good, especially in motion

Attached: 2FXOmQYfyRA.jpg (550x900, 150K)

worse, shes a coalburner

OHNONONONO
Shame though. I wanted to watch the movie but the main character looks like a scrawny weakling, and from what I heard he doesn't do much but is pretty much the main character. I can't follow the story of someone like that.

This.
The MCU Spider-Man movies aren't the golden goose of Spidey but I'll gladly watch them over the Amazing Spider-Man movies, unless I'm watching those to make fun of them with friends.
I remember being really iffy about Vulture until I actually saw him in the movie, and when I heard Mysterio was next I wasn't disappointed either. While I do hope the next movie(s) are more standalone I like the ones we've gotten so far for being feel good movies and just focusing on Peter finding his place in this universe among the other heroes.

Miles is by far the worst spiderman and I am glad he is never getting his own real franchise

He does get a lot of growth as a character but he doesn't get to do much fighting until the end of the movie. It was still pretty damn good because it had a great story and animation style to tell it, and is also hilarious, so I recommend it.

Sony should just make a serious Noir Spider-man film.

The Spider-Man villains are the only good regular villains the MCU has had. Both Vulture and Mysterio were full characters in their own right with shades of black and white, and detailed histories. They weren't just props with one note characters attached for a fight scene, or downplayed into just being mostly normal guys.

Also I'm willing to bet one of the reasons Disney tied so much of the Spider-Man into Iron Man though is that now Sony has to tread on really thin ice with the third Home movie in that if they even so much as allude to the MCU in passing they're going to get sued into the fucking ground. And ultimately that's probably Disney's plan in the first place. Full on trojan horse.

i personally want to know more of Sony's Spiderman than homecoming one cuz i prefer Adult spiderman, but i ask what is the whole commotion can someone give me a rundown?

Spider-Verse made him likable. Even if it was mostly because of how he played off everyone else in the movie. Gwen. Peter, his dad, Prowler, It was all better than the comic version (Who I've always hated personally) in the end I'm good with him getting more animated movies with that creative team.

basically Sony and Disney were renegotiating their licensing contract. Currently the deal goes

>Sony 95% of movie profits
>Disney 5% of movie profits BUT 100% merchandising

But then Disney was like, how about 50/50 but we still keep merchandising and then Sony left the room. Tom Holland is still contracted with SONY to do 2(?) movies but if they break the deal, they cant use MCU anymore. So they have to either go back to Sony-verse which currently has Venom or go back to the table

>my opinions are based on hearsay because I'm too enlightened to pirate a 90 minute movie and develop my own

Holy shit Disney are such a bunch of greedy fucks the merchandising is already a huge thing and Spiderman is one of the most popular things in the planet, i hope they branch off, and Adapt insomniac games to the big screen

>Watch movie I have a strong feeling I won't like
>Or play game I know I'll like
Tough choice, buddy.

Daily reminder that if Disney didn't lobby for infinite copyright, Spider Man and pretty much every single classic IP would now be public and anyone would be able to make movies, vidya, comics, books, crossovers and every kind of media you can think of.

Disney is greedy for sure but their plan was probably go in with a high percentile, watch Sony wrack up bad press, and then when Sony returns to negotiate again they can offer them their real percentile. In negotiating you always start at the highest number you want. They'll probably in a month or so announce they renegotiated it at like 20%.

Spider-Verse Miles > PS4 Miles > Miles from other forms of media that are not related to comic books > my own shit > 1610 Miles (not written by Brian Michael Bendis) > 1610 Miles (written by Brian Michael Bendis)

Attached: image.jpg (2160x3840, 1.66M)

>I wanted to watch the movie but the main character looks like a scrawny weakling
He's 14 you retard. How is a 14 years old kid supposed to look?
I mean if that's your criticism of what you think the movie is like, I can only wonder the kind of retard you are.

Honestly copyright extensions are probably better for modern media. If anyone could make a Spider-Man or Batman movie we'd probably have one every fucking week and it'd just be an onslaught of overkill. Media is in a really different more widespread place now then it was 80 or so years ago where popular characters existed alongside other content. In an era where media is all about farming IPs to death it'd just be a nightmare.

>with a budge of 500M
>Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides officially holds the record with a budget of $378.5 million,
ASM2 did not cost anywhere close to 500 million

If it matters so much I'll watch it tonight for you.

I've only seen Miles in Spiderverse and the PS4 game. I don't know how he is in other media, but he was such a drag in the game.
Ugly as fuck, boring personality and awful missions. At least they didn't make him woke.

ASM2 had an estimated raw budget of about 300 million, then you have to factor in marketing which is not included with budget and that makes it about 450-500 total.

Sounds way better than having megacorps make China approved, test screened, kid friendly soul less quipfests with race swaps and sometimes woke commentary sprinkled over.
Anything would be better.

>Sony makes better Spider-Man movies anyways

Contrarianism isn't cool.

Attached: 1451794625442.jpg (960x422, 34K)

Raimi is still Sony

Sony by themselves have made one good Spider-Man movie post Spider-Man 2

Miles isn't a terrible idea, but he's boring in execution because so many writers just make him black Peter. Which is the problem with so many of the minority Marvel characters I think. They're just the same, but with a new coat of paint. Like if you compare Thor and JaneThor they have some different personal drama but they're both the same other wise. You compare like Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch though over on the DC side of things, or Barbara Gordan and Cassandra Cain it's obvious why DC's minority replacements were generally well liked and Marvel's just flatline.

Spider-Verse

It'd be the same fucking thing except times 100. Every megacorp would make a shitty soulless Spider-Man movie instead of just one.

which is already more than the number of good movies in the entire mcu.

It's just an updated version of the Raimi suit. Seriously? When I watched this movie it felt as if they forgot they needed a spidey-suit and just found one in a box labeled "spiderman 4 stuff."

Does Miles have anything going for him other than 'Black Spider-man'?

Like is he known for anything beyond being a black kid to carry the mantle?

Is not Sony Pictures.

The idea of this kid trying to live up to Spider-Man's legacy after his death is pretty great honestly but that's about it. And once that's gone, as it is now that he's in the normal universe, he has nothing.

And we would be able to watch them and judge which ones are good and which ones are bad.
Still better than today.

Nice try moving the goalpost also sony pictures animation is apart of sony pictures

Are you retarded?

There was only one good moment in the whole Superior Spider-Man arc and it was this.

Attached: Superior Spider-Man v06 - Goblin Nation-120.jpg (1988x3056, 1.74M)

>And we would be able to watch them and judge which ones are good and which ones are bad.
So things are exactly the same
>Still better than today.
Not really

>Own the rights to use a particular franchise
>Use those rights
>WOW WTF

>tfw Peter broke up with the midget

>They even have a way of giving Venom his symbol without retconning what they did in the prior film.
God, I hate Knull and Cates' bullshit so much.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (3000x2339, 3.32M)

holland is a shit tier spiderman that ignores a lot of the things that makes spidey awesome

Even if Sony Pictures shits the bed when it comes to movies, it's Disney's fault after pushing for copyright extensions that prevented Spider-Man from becoming public domain this year

Attached: The fuck.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

so is every single one of them
the video game Spider-Men are consistently more likable

Wrong

Attached: WGUiE3K.jpg (1988x3056, 723K)

>So things are exactly the same
Not at all. All Spider Man we get now is either Sony or Disney.
If the copyright expired we'd have Spider Man media from many more companies. Some would make formulaic stuff, some wouldn't. We could get an unironic nazi Raimi Man, Japanese serial killer Spider Man, and adaptation of the original 60s comics, or boring drivel like the MCU, and it would all be Spider Man.
In this timeline we are stuck with the corporate approved garbage, when we could have all sorts of stuff(including corporate garbage, but not limited to that).
Also think of the video games.

Yes they it did it's in the Sony leaks, that's why they went PANIC and made the deal with Disney, ASM2 was a disaster

It makes sense from a financial perspective, why would they let go of the exclusive hold over suck a lucrative property? It gives them a log of bargaining power with other companies as well.

a lump of clay > your brain

There's nothing redeeming about Iron Lad, mousecuck. He doesn't even have a proper MJ or Harry.

and you think the garfield harry was good? you liked their shit with gwen?

You don't need Spider-Man to make most of those movies and movies of that nature would be more interesting without Spider-Man. In the modern age public domain for characters who have maintained long standing immense popularity entering free range would just lead to a fuckload of bland cookie cutter origin movies and maybe one or two interesting ones that are buried in a sea of every corporation trying to get a piece of the pie. You're pretty much just going to be where you are now except there will be more bland MCU-like movies because that's what sells.

Seeing how shit their movies have been, no. Their electronics business isn't really doing that hot either, what with all this competition from the Kims (Samsung). They should allow Marvel/Disney to just keep making the movies. Have them finance, make, and market it and Sony could just enjoy the 50/50 then make the vidya. It's literally no risk and all gain. Win-win.

I just think it's retarded that people think sony owns everything Spider-Man, there are people who think sony sold it back to Disney because he's in that Disneyland thing they're doing but that's because marvel still owns Spider-Man, Sony ONLY owns movie rights, which is why he isn't in the MCU any more...

I feel like Sony doubling down on Spider-Man is proof they're a terrible company with no business sense. Yes the movies make a decent profit but when you break down what Sony actually earns from them it's very little because Sony doesn't get a dime from merchandising which is where the majority of money for big IP films comes from and instead of saying "We need to focus on an IP we own or that we can profit off merchandise sales" they say "Well let's make an entire Spider-Man movie universe even though it benefits Disney more than it does us." They shouldn't have given Disney 50% but Spider-Man is such a dead end property for them. They should look at internal properties, or properties they can make merchandising money off of. Like Fate/Stay or some of the Sony-exclusive first party video game franchises.

He unfollowed Sony on Instagram tho

Now this is some facebook level shit

He's still contracted for two more movies. He's probably not happy about all these shit and is lashing out the only way he really can.

>>when all you want is to see a Venom video game that has little to do with Spider-Man, but that's never going to happen so you're only left with the comics (mostly older stuff, because the new ones are pure shit) and the pussyassed film that mangles everything you enjoyed about Venom

What difference is there between 90s venom and movie vemon?

ASM1 is unironically a better Spider-Man movie than either of the MCU Spider-Man movies.

A great deal. Venom was always the exception from the rest of his species, from the get go. He always wanted to find a single host and bond with them permanently, rather than just act as a parasite who rides its hosts adrenaline highs and leaves them once they're all dried up husks.

The film is basically Venom changing his mind in the span of a few minutes. Shit was fucking retarded. Also, Eddie Brock. I'm supposed to believe that little twink ass Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock? Nah, fuck that shit. Plus, the dude's supposed to be suffering some kind of backlash from getting too much in that CEO's face, but he's still got that fucking huge place in San Francisco to live in? It's just not consistent.

All in all, neither Eddie Brock or the symbiote are what I enjoy reading about in the comics.

>Now we'll get Spider-Man instead of Iron Lad

Thank fuck.

Sony and Disney are both companies

Buy fuck Disney they ruined star wars stole a bunch of intellectual properties

Winnie the phoo got fucked by those cunts fuck em

Don't forget Disney tried to copy right navy seals

Good.
I hate Holland Parker because he's a midget that was going to eternally look young. Just pay Sony like 10 million to kill him off in the next movie in a 10 second scene and be done with it.

You just know Marvel is going to rip the game license away as spite lmao
Right after they wasted money buying insomniac too

It is but they almost fucked it up horribly. The original teaser suit was God awful and they had to redo it

Sony is too smart and got at least a 3 game deal.

Doubt.
Nintendo is trying hard as fuck to get a contract for multiple MUA games but Disney doesn't like contracts for several things anymore. It's likely they got a contract for 1, and after the success they did a contract for a second one but that's it.

I hate current Sony. But everything that make marvel cucks cry and fucked up capeshit in generally make me feel really warm.

>The company that made ASM and the PS3
>Smart
Lol no

Don't forget it also made disney shills and fanboys angry

Ideal: live action spiderverse with Holland, Hardy, and Toby.