How did one little mechanic completely break an entire genre?

How did one little mechanic completely break an entire genre?

Attached: bS2kf8t[1].jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=gisLnXclzTw
youtu.be/binPB4YbWmM?t=238
youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M
youtube.com/watch?v=1PQPbSHjXr4
youtube.com/watch?v=vfsybqnEFBk
youtube.com/watch?v=6M9DwtkZldY
youtube.com/watch?v=PP0TwjRKAdM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ui0hz6sm0
youtube.com/watch?v=KXGUpaJIy6g
youtube.com/watch?v=yWC8SOtmPGQ
pastefs.com/pid/158343
pastebin.com/KDPzgD5f
youtube.com/watch?v=5KRy4oB__Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=xkbX_8TDgo0
us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/destiny2-forsaken-complete-collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off. Fucking arena shooter faggot. Iron sights are great

I like the mechanic.

what ads, it allows me to kill alot of retards who aren't prepared, but i could do both in either system

The minimap is worse.
Annihilates immersion and focus on the game world.

What's so great about them?

MW got rid of it.

Bitch.

Attached: 1561739462663.jpg (243x208, 8K)

All they do is slow down gameplay though

>wooow someone likes slow paced gameplay he must be an ADD child
do you ever btfo yourself with your own images? you just did

its poor implementation, some even have it without any real advantage just so it doesn't look outdated.
It has its purpose in certain games.
I feel like its only truly bad when hipfire is so weak with a huge spread that it practically becomes useless, meaning that all combat has to use ads. When it is only really needed for long range single shot kind of stuff it only breaks the pace of the game if everyone is too stupid to realize that you dont need to use ads all the time.

Makes game more tactical as in you trade speed for better aim, makes cover more relevant, makes action feel more authentic as you are not sniping people across the map without even aiming down the sight, slows down game where it gives you more time to think how you want to approach an enemy, it is aesthetically pleasing to see your gun model.

not really

So?

nice reflexes zoomer

Attached: slow.jpg (780x749, 365K)

I heard it did...

It rewards shitters by giving whoever initiates a massive advantage. Like sprinting. The shitty, flat levels. The low TTK, the accuracy bonus while still, the fucking death streak rewards.

The games are built 100% on making shitters feel like they're doing good.

It means modern children don't have to think as fast or expect as much challenge in gunning down people as you did when you had to strafe jump constantly in order to be an effective player.

uav is like 4 kills, maybe 3 with hardline

So Red Orchestra, Arma, Rainbow siege and other tactical games require less thinking than Quake?

Because arena shooters are kinda fucking boring after the first 10-15 hours. They get extremely repetitive with you just running around and shooting things without strategy or tactics
Also because of how movement works in most of these shooters, and how it pays to constantly moving, you begin to move around a map the exact same way every time, it's an unconscious decision that your brain makes because you move in that way so much, around the same 3-4 maps, that your brain kinda shuts down.

Iron sights essentially take away the reward of skillful, yet repetitive movement, with skillful aiming. And aiming, doesn't really get repetitive for some reason. therefore it stuck.

In short OP is a faggot

Based manly man

You forgot to explain how iron sights make aiming more skillful.
protip: they don't

>Run, aim, shoot, repeat
Tell me again how this isn't repetitive.

KYS nincel

Attached: 1566521094858.jpg (552x826, 164K)

>you had to strafe jump constantly in order to be an effective player.
that's all you had to do?? lmao
arena shooters are 10x more brainless running and gunning than any other kind of fps
it's all about reflexes which you learn by putting as many hours as possible into the game
you have no tool to kill the enemy other than shooting which is boring af

>make aiming more skillful.
what is this even supposed to mean

It's literally just a crutch for console controllers.

>trade speed for better aim
How? If you're shit at aiming at the hip you're shit at aiming down sights
>makes action feel more authentic
Ah yes the reason to play video games, the authentic™ real life experience, now watch me tank a rocket shot thanks to my perk loadout
>slows down game where it gives you more time to think about how you want to approach your enemy
No it fucking doesn't lmao. Literally every god damn engagement in these games is running around like a retard until you happen upon someone and then you ADS until one of you is dead. You're horribly affiliated slower gameplay with methodical gameplay and that's not the case what so ever.
>it is aesthetically pleasing to see your gun model
Agree

>you have to think to play quake
let me stop you right there.

Dunno, his post used it first.

It makes the game easier for casuals and easier for console players.

People who are new to FPS (or playing on a controller) have difficulty knowing how to aim and shoot at the same time. Ironsights makes it so everyone has to sit still (or move very slowly) while they're shooting. This is very easy for bad players, so of course they like it.

>Makes game more tactical
Why do people continue spreading this false narrative? Iron sights makes games LESS tactical.

Attached: be6ofBu.png (884x1543, 122K)

Same for reloading. It's literally a 2 second stop from all fun every few seconds, it's like a punishment for firing your weapon.

I love boomer rage

Attached: open season on boomers.jpg (800x968, 104K)

Fuck off, this mechanic predates arena shooters by 10 years

Attached: download_1.jpg (640x523, 81K)

You know, originally I had no problem with it. It was a great twist on the FPS genre at the time. Now it just HAS to be in every FPS. Due to this the FPS genre has become homogenized.

disagree with this for the most part halo was an arena shooter whether you like it or not, ads wasn't mandatory and it worked fine on console, but you are generally correct that adsing a doorway is easier for a new player than strafing and hitting strafing targets

Its different

>making the decision between movement or accuracy isn't more tactical than run & gun
uh...

It all boils down to the fact that most humans are mediocre.

Most humans are average, retail-working, low-quality creatures. They are not outstanding in any way. If you put them in a game where skill matters, they will be embarrassed.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4

>So?
So what? Slowing down gameplay is not always desirable. Iron sights have their place in a more tactical/simulator type FPS, but what the fuck are they doing in completely unrealistic sci-fi fps like Borderlands and Destiny?

Try playing operation Flashpoint or Arma without iron sights

Arena shooters inherintaly lack skill.
All arena shooter weapons can be catagorized into two groups
Weapons that fire fast
Weapons that have an area of effect

The reason for this is because aiming isn't really a thing in arena shooters, you jump, and run around your opponent while spamming bullets in the hope it hit them.

I don't need to explain why ADS requires skill.
Everyone already knows why if you have half a fucking brain cell.
Theirs a reason theirs no arena shooter tournaments, and theirs a reason theirs dozens of tournaments for games with ADS

In short you are a faggot

>Arena shooters inherintaly lack skill.

the shit that underagers say. you can't even spell the fucking word you absolute lump.

Attached: 1391646010688.png (800x1200, 71K)

>How? If you're shit at aiming at the hip you're shit at aiming down sights
Stop, lie down, aim. That takes time, and player has to make a decision if wants to do that or run to cover
>Ah yes the reason to play video games, the authentic™ real life experience, now watch me tank a rocket shot thanks to my perk loadout
It is true, no matter how butthurt you want to get
>No it fucking doesn't lmao. Literally every god damn engagement in these games is running around like a retard until you happen upon someone and then you ADS until one of you is dead. You're horribly affiliated slower gameplay with methodical gameplay and that's not the case what so ever.
You are talking about CoD

it isn't mandatory to ads in destiny, it's basically halo with a new skin

>>making the decision between movement or accuracy isn't more tactical than run & gun

>standing still, with iron-sights auto-snapping to your target and shooting at a stationary target is more tactical than running and gunning and having to lead your shots to hit a moving target while moving yourself

Attached: 1552471961527.png (1000x432, 165K)

Not an argument champ

It means you actually need to have a tactical approach because firing exposes yourself.
Zoomers cant handle that which is why games like bf and cod have infinite stamina and RO2 does not.

>aiming isn't really a thing in arena shooters
You were really desperate to out yourself as a retard, weren't you?

Attached: wrong.jpg (458x458, 29K)

Can I ask a serious question: why are people so delusional today?

I like ADS, and I full recognize that it's not as skillful as stuff like quake. But there are apparently people who convinced themselves that ADS is the pinnacle of skill?

What would happen if every wojak poster got a 2 week ban? Genuinely curious how the board would change.

based

Attached: 100332-tub.jpg (604x403, 58K)

it is what it is hombre, blame the zoomers

>with iron-sights auto-snapping to your target
Oh now it makes sense.
You are a dumb consoletard.
Opinion ignored.

>auto-snapping to your target
moving the goal posts are we?
Well how about you tell me this: why does every tactical shooter since Rainbow Six have you make the decision between moving or shooting if it weren't the obvious way to make the game more tactical?

youtube.com/watch?v=gisLnXclzTw

>an 80-year old guy who wears glasses can dual wield and accurately fire from the hip while moving
>FPS protagonists have to stand still and aim down sights while relying on aim assist and bullet magnetism to land their shots

Defend this.

Attached: 1552946972299.jpg (700x555, 35K)

Incorrect. Ironsights have sped up gameplay.
Previously, games like Counterstrike would have you stand still, crouch or go prone and be completely stationary if you wanted to get rid of the random cone of fire inaccuracy.
Ironsights let you continue moving while having near-perfect accuracy. Only a few shitty series like Battlefield didn't allow Ironsights to actually be "ironsights" and made them still randomly inaccurate unless you were standing still.

wojaks are funny and have been a part of Yea Forums for about 10 years, leave newfag

>iron sights take more skill
>zoomer can't handle getting gud
typical lol

In tactical games you actually have to account for your position before the actual engagement and think before changing position. Which makes it more tactical than both opponents being equal at most of the time due to them able move and shoot at the same time.

in no console game do you auto snap to targets he just means aim and aquire your target quickly, which you can do on console and pc

What shit games are you playing that autosnap to enemies when you ads?

ADS is an objectively casual, antiskill mechanic. It exists to separate the acts of moving and shooting, because bad players cannot handle both simultaneously.

If anyone wants to dispute this, please name an FPS game and we'll 1v1 in it. It's okay if it has ironsights, but no expensive garbage. I'll post the video in this thread after.

If you are unwilling to do this, stop speaking about FPS games - you are not even confident enough in your experience to say you can beat a random user on Yea Forums.

Attached: aim.jpg (812x395, 212K)

>in no console game do you auto snap to targets
That absolutely is a thing. Have your camera roughly pointing at an enemy and go into iron sights and it will be snapped perfectly onto him. Can't tell you which games exactly do it as I've only seen it in videos shitting on analog aiming but it very much is a thing.

>in no console game do you auto snap to targets
that's not true, console games all have heavy aim assist

Tell me how
bEcaUse yUo haAVE 2 aiM?
no
You literally jump around with bullet hoses, rocket launchers, and shotguns and hope that some of your shots hit.
Explain to me how this requires any skill?
Protip you can't

not even that guy but if you actually think arena shooters don't require skill you're just wrong. i don't think that ADS is inherently bad, but it did help kill the more fast paced games that were once popular. but it's good to have more choice within a genre. fast paced games are being made again so ironsights didn't really kill them

>bEcaUse yUo haAVE 2 aiM?
Kill yourself off of Yea Forums.

Attached: 137725875344.jpg (250x346, 30K)

it was great in brothers in arms
then it went downhill form there

>So what? Slowing down gameplay is not always desirable.
Does not mean that slowing down gameplay is bad
Iron sights have their place in a more tactical/simulator type FPS, but what the fuck are they doing in completely unrealistic sci-fi fps like Borderlands and Destiny?
I don't know, never played any of that shit, I guess you could say it is another bad game mechanic that those games have

ADS serves as a sort of skill-limiting effect. Doesn't matter if your control is good enough to aim while moving quickly, because you can't. You're effectively dragged back down to the level of (relative) newbies who can't aim and move at the same time, a skill that players of older-style FPS have been honing for years now.

Being able to move while shooting doesn't have to decrease tactical depth, team play, positioning or map control. Look at older duel games like q3, there is arguably more focus on positioning and map control if anything.

So when you remove that player's ability without any good reason to do so, you're introducing an artificial skill cap without any benefits other than "cod does it too". Combat is slowed down, randomised and simplified for no good reason. It promotes sitting and waiting over being active, because the one that scopes first has an advantage. It narrows a player's options and decreases good players' ability to outperform lesser players or deal with disadvantageous situations. Etc. All because it looks cool and "realistic".

When two people run around the same corner and are facing each other, instead of pulling off some skillful movement while accurately shooting your enemy, both players just stop, stand still, look through the sights and whoever shoots first wins.

I already did, arena shooters ARE repetitive aren't they?

What is a PC FPS that you consider yourself to be good at?

Go ahead and show me yourself tracking someone jumping around at 800qu/s with a lightning gun.

>Projecting his young age and obesity on someone with text and an image
YIKES

user, they never played quake. the COD generation is in their 20s now.

Also, i didn't like cod multiplayer because it always feels like a minigame on who can iron sight each other faster. That's a valid mechanic, but it's just not as fun for me as juggling different weapons and positioning.

battlefield 1 is the only game that has a shit tier system like that, every other console game in the 15 years I've been playing them only has aim slowdown when you move your cursor over an enemy, their is no snapping directly onto the target without aiming, that's only in DICE games

>Previously, games like Counterstrike would have you stand still, crouch or go prone and be completely stationary if you wanted to get rid of the random cone of fire inaccuracy.
But it's literally the only game that has a "stop to shoot" mechanic at its core.

we should have:
Action Shooters(no iron sights)
and Tactical Shooters(iron sights)
but devs and players are so fucking dumb they will confuse about this kind of division.

Iron sights were always seen as a good addition to FPS, most people actually hate Quake style arena shooters and this is pretty good proof. COD 2 multiplayer was fun as hell and that included iron sights. I'm glad it triggers you dumb faggots so much.

>DOOM/Quake babbies think they have more then 2 brain cells
>when FPS is a braindead genre that killed intellectual games like point n click adventure, text adventures, RTS and Strategy games

God i hate you FPS zoomers

Attached: 1479798681441-1.png (660x714, 90K)

>Weapons that fire fast
>Weapons that have an area of effect
Which one of these is the railgun?

He is like 10 meters from the target at the start of the video and probably trained for this exact range before shooting the video

I am 23 years old and in excellent physical condition. Could it be that you are projecting that I am projecting?

in no console game other than battlefield does the game aim for you in every console game in the last 15 years there has only been aim slowdown where your sensitivity slows down when your cursor is on a target, the game doesn't autolock on targets

>when you had to strafe jump constantly in order to be an effective player.
holy hell kill yourself man. You have shitty taste.

>in no console game other than battlefield does the game aim for you in every console game in the last 15 years there has only been aim slowdown where your sensitivity slows down when your cursor is on a target, the game doesn't autolock on targets
You are quite literally mentally ill. Every FPS game on console has aim assist. They don't even hide it. They have an option to disable it.

This. FPS is a braindead genre whether you like it or not.

>ugh why have I entered a thread which is about something I hate
>how could this happen to me

youtu.be/binPB4YbWmM?t=238
Well I went and looked up one of the videos I talked about and it shows what seems to be three different games doing it. One is Goldeneye on Wii I believe, another is probably BF1.

I thought it was fucked up when CS added enemies to the radar. It was a skill to use intuition to know where enemies were on the map.

That feel guy came out like 7 years ago maximum but he wasn't wojak. Bet you think tfw meana that face when. Just leave u little dummy

It's really fun when I beat you guys with a controller, you get so fucking angry. Keyboard warriors have a hugely inflated view of their own skill, even though the studies proof mouse is better for aiming, you guys are absolute trash at movement.

youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M

In most games it's put into it's clearly a mechanic meant for console players, since it just acts like a sensitvity toggle.

Recently I've been playing Hunt:Showdown and it does ironsights in a cool way. Just walking around you never even have your weapon raised, and instead the shoot button bludgeons with your weapon as a melee attack. To shoot at all you need to hold right click to ready the weapon, and from there you can press another button to Ironsights it. This is a pretty slow paced shooter though so it suits it well.

>intellectual games like point n click adventure, text adventures, RTS and Strategy games
What's intellectual about pixel hunting, Crab Nicholson's Extreme Sleepover and mindless tank spam in C&C?

aim assist but not snapping to targets and aiming for you, that system is only in battlefield 1

If you can't him downsight and be FAST at the same time it's your fault grandpa

Attached: try to keep up.jpg (960x600, 145K)

>gets this angry at reality
cmon, you are delusional.

Want to play some Quake, TF2, Overwatch or CS against a M/KB user? I'll record the match and post it here. Those are some FPS I have installed but we can try others too. Please let me know.

The name is wojak and it's a nearly 10 year old meme from Krautchan.

You should post the forum thread associated with this. The controller guy was talking shit the whole way through only to get BTFO twice.

I don't need to.
Do it yourself

See? that was pretty fucking easy wasn't it?
Hey, try it with dual SMG's
Wow that was even easier
Okey now try it with a shotgun that kills literally ANYTHING on your screen in one shot as long as your close (which is really easy to do in a arena shooter). WOW THAT WAS EASY
okey what about this? Try killing someone with a rpg that you can literally point at the floor and instakill 5 people
Damn bro that WAS easy

If you actually think tracking someone with your mouse is hard then your pretty fucking bad at video games dude, further proving my point that these games require zero skill

battlefield 1 is the worst example, it literally auto locks and tracks for you, in every other console game there is slowdown when you place your cursor over someone, in cod you get slight tracking help

>Iron sights
I don't see a problem. They're more of a simulation aspect of a game. Games that didn't use them (like Enemy Territory) seem very arcadey in a retrospect, almost like a reskinned Quake 3.

Attached: Cold War Crisis Xbox.jpg (720x480, 136K)

because it reduces your actions from “move and shoot” to “move OR shoot” and encourages a much later type of gameplay

>picks games that heavily favor the mouse
kek, wanna play some COD 2?

If arena shooters are as easy as you say, you should have a very easy time beating me. Want to play some Quake Live? I can set up a server for us

>call of duty
>simulation

Yes, just like soldiers on the battlefield. You understand that running and shooting at the same time was a very bad idea 99% of the time yeah? In every major conflict?

hyper brainlet here
I like ironsights because they are cool

>Im [insert arbitrary value] and [something i want to be but aren't] therefore it is YOU who are somehow projecting.
God your fucking stupid aren't you?

>If you actually think tracking someone with your mouse is hard then your pretty fucking bad at video games dude
Tracking movement IS the purest form of aiming though. It's really easy to get really high accuracy ratings in a game with ADS where you die in a couple of hits, I doubt you could get 40% LG in Quake playing against good players.

I don't see how any of those games "favor the mouse". They are just ordinary FPS. Some of them are console games.

I won't play COD 2, only because that shit costs money and I have zero interest in playing it besides to fuck you up.

tfw you mad

tfw not a single video game currently with ironsights that is good

>I don't see how any of those games "favor the mouse".

These are video games retard

>all these zoomers defending iron sights

>In tactical games you actually have to account for your position

You absolute fucking smooth brain. One of the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ARENA SHOOTERS IS MAP CONTROL AND POSITIONING.

don't be a fag user, ads requires skill and arena shooter require skill, just not the same kind of skill

...yes they are. are you trying to refute my point? Because you didn't.

Lets look at some classic arena shooter weapons, shall we?
>Rocket Launcher
>Blast weapon that rewards you even if you miss with modest AoE damage
>Flak Cannon
>Massive cone of fire that rewards you even if you somehow manage to miss with the potential of ricocheting shots randomly hitting their target
>Shotgun
>Hitscan weapon that rewards inaccuracy with it's hefty cone of fire
>Assault rifle, Machine gun, Minigun etc.
>Hitscan weapons that quickly fire numerous projectiles, allowing even bad players to make up for their poor aim through sheer volume of fire
Wow, this is definitely the certified Hardcore Gamer™ Genre of Choice

>That feel guy
Holy fucking Reddit

It's really funny when incels like you make up stories that never happened.

all FPS favor mouse because controllers are fucking dogshit for aiming you double nigger monkey

This game has a good implementation of iron sights. Hipfiring is still viable most of the time.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 144K)

As long as hipfire isn't fucking stupid inaccurate like Rainbow6 Siege I don't mind ADS. Its cancerous when 5 feet next to someone all the shots miss because of no reason except forcing ADS at all times

Well how do they? Quake for example is as pure as an FPS can be as far as aiming goes. There are no crutches for either mouse or analog stick.
If a game with aiming that neutral is favoring the mouse then that just means mouse is better.

Nope the only important aspect of arena shooters is being able to strafe and jump constantly, very low skill ceiling.

>thread is about FPS game
>stupid console tard starts bragging about beating mkb users
>NO! YOU CAN'T CHALLENGE ME TO PLAY AN FPS, THOSE FAVOR PEOPLE WHO I SUPPOSEDLY BEAT ALL THE TIME!

guarantee we'd see them way more frequently

>You absolute fucking smooth brain. One of the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ARENA SHOOTERS IS MAP CONTROL AND POSITIONING.
Not as important as in tactical shooters where if your positioning is shit then you are totally fucked. This is why decision making in that situation is more important than in arena shooter.

>As long as hipfire isn't fucking stupid inaccurate like Rainbow6 Siege I don't mind ADS.
Almost every game that uses ADS adds an artificial penalty to hipfire accuracy.

did you really not have an counter argument besides fite me kid?
Also, expecting me to own a shitty quake remake
Aight bud
You really showed me

>getting this angry at an anecdote
>not a story
>fucking 'incel'
>BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS
trust me, it happens. you are the exact response I tend to get too, good job. Evidence of the truly autistic.

Attached: 8simplerulesforforgettingmydeceasedfather.jpg (1600x669, 194K)

Spoken like a real zoomer who has no idea what he's talking about.

It is mandatory. In Destiny when you hipfire you gun has way more spread, worse damage fall off (the bullets do less damage from farther away than if you ADS) and are less likely to hit your target because of Destiny's inherent bullet magnetism. In fact when you hipfire directly on an enemy's head they will do the animation for dying from a headshot but you only do damage as if you hit them in the body.

When you ADS your bullets curve towards enemy hitboxes, they have further effective range, shotguns get a tighter spread.

Someone who has only mastered movement will consistently lose to someone with top aim like Clawz or with superior item control like Agent or Cooller.

kek, why does it make you so fucking angry when you get beaten by a controller user? Ego?

>Action Shooters(no iron sights)
>and Tactical Shooters(iron sights)

THIS

ADS makes sense obviously in SWAT, R6, SQUAD, etc...

not so necessary in Battlefield though

Quake Live is a free game. I think it's like 50 megabytes in total. Available on Steam or standalone.

Are you afraid? You said arena shooters are easy. If this is true, you should feel confident in your ability to beat me in one.

Attached: 1340284205822.jpg (500x500, 62K)

Funny how you fags never actually put your claims to the test.

r u scared pussy lol

>Quake Live is a free game
It's actually not, but there's a bunch of free AFPS out there - Xonotic, Warsow, Open Arena, Doombringer etc.

I don't get mad at imaginary scenarios. Enjoy your retardation and never actually manning up to the challenge.

I have it and I've never paid a dime. I guess it went p2p at some point.

that's right, however, someone who mastered both will be a better player then a player that only knows how to aim

>trust me
Nah, I have no reason to seeing as you've done nothing but act like a fucking fag. Show the slightest bit of evidence if you want another (You)

>man up!
kek, get fucked tranny. See how angry you are just from what you perceive as only a hypothetical scenario? These are video games and you are offended. lol.

>Someone who has only mastered movement will consistently lose to someone with top aim like Clawz

Clawz has repeatedly lost to Rapha and Cooller specifically because he has no idea how to move around the map like them. Lol.

Again
Expecting me to own a shitty quake remake
Also, implying I want to.
yUo wON't fiGHt mE, tHeRfOrE YOuR ArGUEmeNt iS iNvAlid
God your fucking stupid aren't you?

>the arena boomer vs ads zoomer
I wanna watch this shit

>Show the slightest bit of evidence if you want another (You)
how the fuck am I supposed to show evidence that you regularly get fucked in the ass by controller users? You understand that any pc shooter you are playing has controller users now right? It's not 2010 anymore. Your self righteous anger sustains me. please reply

it's even worse

Because they've done more than just master movement, they've also mastered map control

ah that's dumb, from what I watched it looked like halo

How about a free game like Xonotic?

There is Cod 1+UO
But its good because the idea behind Iron Sights is that you use it for longer engagements, while you can hipfire or crouch for engagements at "close range"(up to 50+ meters).
On top of that, a lot of weapons only become inaccurrate if they are kept on auto fire. Small controller bursts is pretty good, even as hipfire.

The problem with the Iron Sight FPS genre is that as it went on, you needed to use ADS to do melee fire fighting. And eventually for 3PS FPS ADS you needed to take cover, wait for shield to recharge, and use ADS to hit anything at all.
And it just escalates.
ADS is pretty good, but only if hipfire/standing still is a better option until you have to start suppressing the other side of the map.

>put self out of map control/position
>no longer have access to rocket, rail, red armor
>die

You are retarded. In tactical shooters position only matters for what angle people see you at and what angle you see them at. There's no weapons, armor, health, pickups to control. At most it's just an objective but usually the obj is trumped by just killing the whole enemy team.

Didn't think you could. Sorry, no (You) or further replies will be given to you, kid.

Rapha is good at everything, Cooller also has exquisite movement on top of item control.

Do you like it how enemies move slower when ads so you can actually get kills little zoomer?

...who you talkin to there Mr. schizophrenia?

Too many fake quake boomers in this thread, anyone wanna play QW? Maybe we can 2v2 or 4v4 if enough anons wanna get on.

Attached: negro.jpg (483x473, 77K)

>from what I watched it looked like halo

That's because the devs always hipfire with controllers when they're showing off stuff in trailers/live events. They're just retarded and bad at their own game. I really hate the function of the ADS mechanic in Destiny but at least you can mitigate it in destiny because you can maintain your speed even while ADS'ing because their's momentum based movement and jetpacks/double jumps that carry said momentum.

Again, your pretty fucking stupid.
Ya, you still actively play arena shooters
You would probably beat me in a game iv never played
That doesn't mean your argument is valid
It just means you don't have any way of proving me wrong

yeah im down

>SHOW ME EVIDENCE
>impossible to show evidence
>HAH, YOU GOT SERVED
you niggers are so fucking sad

you don't either

The last time we had an "arena boomer vs ADS zoomer" match, it didn't go well for the zoomer

Attached: 1565008455936.jpg (1602x901, 768K)

>yUo wON't fiGHt mE, tHeRfOrE YOuR ArGUEmeNt iS iNvAlid

Attached: f63.jpg (600x579, 39K)

>y-your games don't take skill!
>b-but you'd beat me because you're more skilled at them

I have to educate you retards

More intelligence required then your tiny ADHD brain can handle

Do you play any ADS shooters that are free? I will play any of those and kill you a bunch then post the video here. Please name one.

If you play a fps on pc you have been beaten by a controller user many times without knowing it, I hope this reminder makes you uncomfortable or as angry as the other anons in this thread. Have fun!)

You wanna know a truly intellectual game? Encarta motherfucker

>currently
cod uo is unironically the best and last good cod
but its fucking dead man
its been dead for decade

I have given you dozens of reasons why they are low skill games and why ADS games are more skillful
You can't give me a single argument or counter argument

Aight bud
Aight

I only play high-level matches (global elite in CS, top 500 in overwatch, etc.) so that is not possible. There are no controller players at these ranks.

If you think you stand a chance against me with your controller, want to 1v1?

So you admit fortnite is skill cause kids can beat you at it

It's a great mechanic
Makes the game more realistic

Attached: 1524826426874.jpg (417x576, 156K)

not him but can you recommend a free ads shooter thats played?
preferably no round based esports bait cuck format

>More intelligence required then
Oh the fucking irony

but you said that arena shooters are braindead easy. mastering one shouldn't even faze a pro like yourself. step up your trolling game retard, this shit is embarrassing

kek
it's funny watching the ads zoomer not accepting the boomer's invitation in order to prove his point

>I only play high-level matches (global elite in CS, top 500 in overwatch, etc.) so that is not possible. There are no controller players at these ranks.
KEK

hell yeah dude, you got discord or steam or what?

Destiny 2 is free because they released new paypig DLC late last year

I had a few couple of days destroying retards in that game's multiplayer

Attached: Destiny 2 2018.11.13 - 19.56.21.07.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

>Makes the game more realistic
And why is that a good thing?

Yeah, it's funny watching you get angry as fuck at the though of a controller user making you wonder about your own retarded keyboard skills.

>How did one little mechanic completely break an entire genre?
Iron sights fucking suck but they aren't the main cause of why military shooters are so bad

its on pc right?
can i just play without having to grind anything?

Not an argument zoomer

Actually I think you have to grind to play the multiplayer in that.

What about Arma you nigger?

The more realistic the easier it is to relate to the pc

Attached: 1530378798717.jpg (559x710, 291K)

There's a bunch of shitty generic ones like Warface, Black Squad, Combat Arms.

>urrrrghhhh nod a argoomint
Brilliant, about the amount of intelligence I'd expect from a pixel clicker.

not him actually but I'v tried quake champions a few times and my aiming didn't matter since boomer fags literly was flying all around me recking my ass. those games are far from low skill and the skill ceiling is much higher then normal shooters

4 was somewhat fun. Even if it was ADS cancer.
Mostly because melee was a broken piece of shit in Cod1, while in 4 it actually works.
But maps and general design is a lot worse, including inability to properly hipfire anything.

>There are no controller players at these ranks.
There is likely some Gyroscopic users at those levels. But no actual pure analog aimers. Waiting to turn is basically cancer.

they are ridiculously to get into and to master just because you are shit at games doesnt make them hard

wow you really beat that guy who played different games?
user you're amazing!!

>the easier it is to relate to the pc
Why is that a good thing?

Destiny 2 is a bad example, the pvp is fucking broken

>thinks rocket jumping is hard
imagine being so shit at games

Sort of. You have to complete a few story missions before you can hit the crucible (pvp). I honestly don't know how much it's changed since I haven't played from a fresh account since launch.

They're making the game f2p on oct 1st. They said it'll take about 20 minutes to get into pvp then for the f2p accounts.

>a pro like yourself
I didint say im a pro
I didint even say im good at them
All i have said in this thread is why your favorite games are trash, and then making fun of you because you can't defend them.
Telling me to fight you in a genre i haven't played in years, in a game I have never played is not an argument
But ya bud
Keep seething

this entire thread is just boomers thinking they are good at games while they play like shit

>thinks people rocketjump around the map
imagine being so shit at games and pretending like you have a clue

it's hard to keep up with the skilled players yeah, normal shooters are easier by far and there's nothing you can do about it

I offered to play you in any free ADS shooter.

The same invitation is extended to you

*this thread is full of retarded zoomers like myself who talk shit, but won't actually take up any challenge

nO iRoN sIgHtS bEtTeR cAuSe I lIkE iT mOrE

Attached: 1566533313169.jpg (561x762, 209K)

>pixel clicker.
But i don't play FPS games

I don't even know why you fags are replying to this kid. He's not even got an argument, he's just saying "im rite ur rong" over and over again. You're not going to educate him and he's not even the fun kind of retarded.

actually where do i even get it? it shows paid on steam and on blizzard launcher

all of those are REALLY bad... why did Ironsight had to die, its literally named ironsight

it might have ben fun, but its all downhill anyway

Nice bait, not sure if you know but effective hp in most quake games is usually around 200-300+ if you have decent stack, which is most of the time, you would need at least 2 FULL ssg shots or 2 direct rockets to kill. Tell me that this is easy to do youtube.com/watch?v=1PQPbSHjXr4 and record yourself doing it better

Iron Sights needlessly slow down gameplay, no reason to not just have full hipfire accuracy
>inb4 muh realism
No amount of wannabe milsim mechanics will change your games shit arcadey movement, inventory system, progression, everything. No game is truly realistic besides fucking milsims.

>Can't even keep up with the conversation.
Yeah...

this goes both ways retard

>LGing a bot that moves in a straight line

wow!

csgo has a higher skill celling than quake ever did or will have

YIkes,
You remind of 12 year olds on xbox live inviting me to lobbies or just talking trash
Because thats all you can do.
>Go download this shitty game
>Fight me
>ahahaha i beat you so now your somehow wrong

God you are REALLY fucking stuipid aren't you?
All this talk of boomers and zoomers, while your acting like a massive fucking zoomer aren't you?

if you REALLY hate iron sights why dont you just make your own game that doesnt have that feature? you really think bitching on here will suddenly make game not use ironsights anymore?

you on the other hand, sperg who wasted 2k hours on a dead game just to finally win against t he other 10 player of this game
you really are a step forward

"milsims" aren't accurate either, the optimal way to play arma PvP is to jump around the map hipfiring grenade launchers at people's feet

So, basically, you miss quake and are mad because some people play shooters that you don't enjoy for reasons. Great post. Nice thread. 69/10

Attached: 1564377160802.jpg (780x584, 117K)

LGC3 is for smooth tracking, there are better scenarios in aimtrainer for reactionary tracking, or you can play amphi/eye to eye in cpma which has faster ground accel like this youtube.com/watch?v=vfsybqnEFBk

your post formatting reeks of a reddit user, by the way

Are you asking why people on Yea Forums aren't making a video game, a task that costs hundreds of millions of dollars today?

Does anyone other than murricans who served in the army shooting random brown people for the benefit of long nosed people actually like mil-sims?

>MOUSE1: Fire
>MOUSE2: ADS
Bad

>MOUSE2: Alt-fire
Great!

>MOUSE2: Alt-fire
>MOUSE3: ADS
Literally flawless

I've not played much Arma but I figure most milsims break down in PvP.
How can I miss a game that I play almost daily? It didn't go anywhere, retard.

Attached: 1565327139229.jpg (465x645, 42K)

DOOD MILSIMS

Attached: ArmA 3 05.06.2017 - 03.55.46.36.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

then why it's an easier game?

>Doom
>zoomers
Doom is literally a Gen X game.

>making games costs 6 million dollars
no it doesnt, you could crank out a basic FPS in a month for free, even less time if you know what you're doing

>mouse wheel to ads
imagine holding mouse wheel for any amount of time
>toggle
lmao shitter

>no movement mechanics
>no aim
>corner-peeking instadeath TTK
>shitty map design
Nah CSGO is trash.

learn how to put together a sentence and no its not easier

>Aiming guns should not be necessary in a shooter!

Attached: 1520270122163.png (274x231, 109K)

Are the players in not aiming?

"'check your corners" doesn't mean just run your mouse over them. this reminds me of people who put their turn signal on mid-turn.

Based TF2bro
Speed is life

>not having a gaming mouse
look at this mid life crysis dude

t. silver

>"'check your corners" doesn't mean just run your mouse over them.

The dude was not hiding anywhere, he just mega-sprinted down the stairs. The corner was checked. You see him turn to shoot from going down the stairs.

>you disagree with me
>your from Reddit
>GOTTEM

You really are a zoomer aren't you?
Your really bringing some HOT bants to the table aren't you?
I bet your next reply is either, fight me in quake, >ya your from reddit, or no, your the zoomer.
Something along those lines.

>muh ranks in a game where actual pros deliberately avoid MM and stick to private PUGs and scrims

>You are retarded. In tactical shooters position only matters for what angle people see you at and what angle you see them at.
Wow now that you put it this way it is actually really dumb because you say so.

>your english is bad ha!
nice one you sure showed me

I play both arena shooters and tactical shooters and csgo is much easier, at least for me, all you gotta do is not position yourself like a retard aim and shoot

high speed arena shooter are not popular anymore

Watch these, older games are better
youtube.com/watch?v=6M9DwtkZldY
youtube.com/watch?v=PP0TwjRKAdM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ui0hz6sm0
youtube.com/watch?v=KXGUpaJIy6g
youtube.com/watch?v=yWC8SOtmPGQ

>gets in MOBA robot
>kills you in one hit while going pathetically slow
>nothing personnel kid

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 3K)

yup even if you are ge you would still be considered average to lvl 10 faceit players

lol this thread is hilarious, ancient boomers who only played arena fps versus underage zoomers who've never played arena fps

people who played both just waiting for the match

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I JUST WANT TO SHOOT MY GUN
WHY ARE ALL GAMES SO TRASH AAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: cat cable.jpg (750x742, 36K)

>he doesn't zoom around with a shotgun and hipfire people to death
lol

Boomers play modern FPS too (bregrudgingly)

Attached: 1490108913076.png (223x1295, 88K)

he was lying on the floor, i swear to christ

That's stupid indeed, people who only play one kind of shooters needs to stfu.

>all you gotta do is not position yourself like a retard aim and shoot
t.silver

That dude sprinted down the stairs, you autist. I was playing the game and heard him do it.

>not crouchsliding past the guy and firing into his crotch to accomplish skillful movement while shooting your enemy

ntg

That's a body, retard and it's a completely different room than the direction the guy came from.

Attached: 1563840197940.jpg (960x540, 99K)

I was so disappointed when I saw Star Citizen's FPS mode is just a CoDclone. The studio director is a super-casual so I guess he was just like, "What is the iPhone of FPS games?" and decided to copy that.

Same shit happened with Planetside 2...

What's with people believing the only FPS without iron sights are arena shooters?

name a good f2p fps currently available and played
no csgo
no tf2
no paladins
already sick to shit of those

cod has a very good basic combat system
they just keep putting retarded shit on in since 2

My only problems with iron sights is that most games make hipfire completely useless against anyone who isn't within smacking distance because of how big the spray is, and that some weapons will cover half the screen when you ADS. slowing down when you ADS kinda sucks but would hardly be an issue if hipfire wasn't so dogshit.

Dirty Bomb before it stops being played.

No it doesn't, it's a basic low-movement low-TTK console shooter with automatic hitscan guns.

I can braindead FPS clicker

shitposting is all you're capable of ah?

Attached: c i a.png (1524x1983, 1.2M)

There aren't a lot of f2p shooters that have players. FPS is the genre most vulnerable to cheating (since even a basic wallhack or aimbot makes you into a god) and obviously games with no entry fee are easy to cheat in

Bhopping, slow walking, crouch jumping, run boosting are all movement mechanics you retard

The fps genre is in a very very bad spot right now homie, there are no good fps games being played, unless you want to play an "fps" game more about teamwork than being half decent mechanically

>Bhopping, run boosting
No one uses it in serious matches.
>slow walking, crouch jumping
Whoa, holding down shift or ctrl sometimes!

Planetside 2

I really hate this shit. Why did Tribes Ascend have to get raped to death?

>aiming isn't really a thing in arena shooters

Attached: 1562379027981.png (1023x895, 1.2M)

cod 2 literally had 1 shot bolt actions to the stomach how is that worse than 3 shot autos

>No one uses it in serious matches.
Yes they do
>Whoa, holding down shift or ctrl sometimes!
Yes games are played by pressing buttons

>You have to pick one
Why? If I'm playing FPS nowadays, it's E.Y.E, TF2, and PUGB. All have completely different use of aiming (and completely different mechanics) and I enjoy them all.

Attached: soldier.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

do I have a treat for you
>pepes/wojaks/eceleb image hashes'
pastefs.com/pid/158343
>text filters
pastebin.com/KDPzgD5f

Aiming while flying across the map at 60 mph >>>> Slowly moving around corners or camping

Stopping to aim isn't.

NOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THISSSS
PROVE ONE IS BETTER THEN THE OTHER SHITPOST OR GET OUT OF THIS THREADDD
STOPPPP

Attached: god ree.png (446x473, 240K)

It definitely is. Coyote wins, etc.

Isn't DOOM entirely in ADS mode? It was more that sideways hip firing with flimsy crosshairs that ruined the genre.

stop trying to derail my shitposting

>Aiming while flying across the map at 60 mph
>thinks he needs precisely aim rockets with large splash damage
lol

Something similar happened to the RTS genre. Everything was automated so there's no micro anymore. Pathfinding is perfect so armies move like ants and just blob up

>steamfags who weren't apart of the TR scene in cod, coduo, and cod2 are bitching about ironsights

Attached: E61A165D-FC67-465F-9F22-DC2BDEBFBACA.jpg (540x370, 46K)

stop larping you dumb fuck and watch some pro games

> your openents are standing on the ground

I don't view having to pathfind for your units as a feature.
Stuff like doing delta-splits, setting ambushes, doing surrounds, etc. is important micro. Not babysitting units to make sure they don't get stuck

C in aerowalk

>only arena shooters don't have iron sights
Look at the zoomie, he tries so hard.

>console casual is also a phoneposter

literally human cancer

>accuracy is bad and so is realism
do you feel proud about being this autistic

If you grab a Yea Forums archive site and check posts from around 2007 for "ironsights" it was a universally hated mechanic because its implicative of a shitty slow shooter. In the same threads, anons always make exceptions for games where ADS is purely visual, like killing floor.
Compare those threads to this one and tell me there aren't a million tourists on my board.

All Guns = 1 Hit Kill is the best mechanic. Fuck bullet sponges.

need help here

Attached: how to fast.jpg (1908x1080, 538K)

Best game without ads is Team Fortress 2

>without strategy or tactics

Confirmed for never really playing quake 3 for more than the single player on easy!

That it literally anti skill casual garbage. You must be some zoomer who can't handle being consistent at aim.

>no tool to kill the enemy

You have fucking 10 tools, asshole
What? COD has killstreaks?

THOSE ARE FAGGOT BABBY FEELGOOD BUTTONS!

>thinking steam was the only chat platform for gaming
>thinking steam is the only way to buy videogames
>not being old enough to remember xfire
>not being old enough to have used xfire
holy dog shit zoomer shouldnt you be moving into your college dorm

Let's compare those to a modern FPS:
>Assault Rifle
>Full auto hitscan weapon that fires between 600 and 900rpm. Kills in 3 shots to the body at any range. Has autoaim because it's designed primarily for consoles.
>SMG
>Same thing but has damage dropoff at range.
>Shotgun
>Point and shoot, one-shots anything that is close enough.
>Sniper
>A shotgun that condenses all of the pellets to a single point.
>Pistol
>Shitty last resort weapon, often fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, still kills in 3 shots max.

I've never seen someone triple down on being a retard before.

I fucking hate how EVERY fps game these days has to have a generic assault rifle. It's been designated as the must-have weapon for casuals.

Even fucking WW1 games have them now. They just revise history to force it

>zoom zooms cant hold a mouse still on a target or lead shots so daddy controller auto aim does it for them

This is the shit we deal with. Lil faggot zooms

Sprinting imo fucked games harder. I think it was CoD 4 that did it, but pretty much everything after had the same sprint mechanic, even red orchestra and other muh realism games and it creates a certain playstyle that just kinda fucks up the flow that older generation games had. Not that it's terrible but it makes a lot of games feel very samey.

When you're only allowed to have 2 weapons at a time(oftentimes only 1 worth using), you need a weapon that can do everything.

> iron sights slow down game
> they conveniently ignore TF|2

>machine guns and shotguns don't reward accuracy in arena fps
lol

Trying to compare sprinting in CoD to sprinting in red orchestra is honestly the stupidest thing I've ever read. There are tons of things that can change how sprinting plays out from % of speed increase, recovery and start times, stamina, inaccuracy after a sprint, etc.

i remember when people would switch between cod2 and cod4. the SHIFT key in cod2 was the melee button and players would TK in spawn because they wanted to sprint

You only need to use sights on the snipers and LMGs in Titanfall 2. Everything else is accurate from the hip.

game's pretty casual anyways.

>what are walls
>what are roofs
>what is large as fuck hitboxes

They literally said they purposefully implemented it in RO2 because of CoD

best of both worlds if you ask me
still can't get past the timing god dammit

Those are all mechanics in CoD too.

can you people be more unselfaware
they're exactly the same
you have to track the same way you have to shoot the same way
different movement mechanics both require minimal effort most of the time
the only game that's to be taken in consideration is tribes ascended
that's the only game you have to be kinda decent at to even play at low lvl
both sides here are ciclejerking so hard

And the way it works in RO2 is nowhere near similar to how it works in CoD 4 so what the fuck do you want me to say to that? Newsflash, game designers aren't the end all be all of intelligence, they make mistakes and stupid things.
RO2 literally gives you forced weapon sway if you try to ADS after a sprint as well as a huge delay to even begin the ADS animation after a sprint. There's a very limited stamina bar that shares with your ability to jump, so there's no way to strafejump around corners with your sprint either. You're really gonna compare it to CoD sprinting just because of some misinterpreted dev interview?

ro2 is casual garbage. the ROOST and the original mod are the only slowpaced realistic ones

give me break, it's extremely similar

>a mouse sensitivity toggle slows down the game

literally just hide behind a rock or in a shell hole or in a bush with your boys

Great argument.

good points
a good player won't be easy to hit even with those

ADSing literally lowers your movespeed and makes your guns more accurate in 95% of games with the feature. Are you stupid or just being disingenuous? Probably both!

If you dont see the extreme similarities it is impossible to argue with you. Just because one is 0.5 seconds and the other is 0.7 doesnt make them different.

god this thread is still going?
>without strategy or tactics
>Is referring to a whole different type of strategy and tactics

Ya if you think jumping and strafing is somehow a tactic then ya, or if health management and knowing what weapons do certain amounts of damage and what the kill threshold is.
Ya they have tactics,
No strats,
but tactics
But these tactics are ALSO in every ADS game
The problem is that those tactics don't mean shit when someone bhops round the corner and blows your head off with a shotty

tactics and strats are WAAAY less useful in arena shooters

Is that Uncle Junior?

>using ironsights slows down to a crawl
ut ADS doesn't affect strafe speed in siege? In fact nowhere is it stated that ADS has to come with a movement penalty, that's entirely up to the dev to decide

Your head is actually so far up your ass there is no point in even replying to you anymore. Try reading my post again one more time real slowly, maybe you'll get it this time.

You mean saved. It's great that model itself is used in gameplay and not being just a graphic. Without it, there is no point of having different guns when all you need is crosshair. And I love games that are playable without crosshairs. Without ironsights those would be impossible.

FUck off autist, the sprint is near identical in RO2 and CoD

You speak with a very authoritative tone for someone who sucks big shit at arena shooters.
>The problem is that those tactics don't mean shit when someone bhops round the corner and blows your head off with a shotty
Lol. Yeah man, that happens in every duel I play, and it really invalidates all of my duel strategy. Get a grip you reddit spacing loser.

popping off in that game in both pve and pvp feels better than literally every other shooter out there, it's so crisp.

ironsights might slow you down but ttk is usually much faster, the end result is the same in both systems, you zoom around the map getting kills

>Assault Rifle
>SMG
I'mma let you finish, but you can't carry more than 2 in these turds.

A "you can't hit fucking shit unless you give up 90% of your movement speed" mechanic absolutely does

>magdumping into droves of bullet sponges
>popping off

It's good in some games and bad in others. Ironsights are one of those things that shouldn't just be thrown in without consideration, and there are ways to balance it with run and gun (consider FEAR, for instance).

Attached: ed7f83608407c7a9a79d673574f9e325.jpg (1600x900, 595K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5KRy4oB__Gs

The LMGs were honestly the biggest problem with this game. Objectively better than any SMG in the game.

but the amount of time you have to move slower is shorter because of shorter ttk, the end result is a brief period of slowed movement until you kill a player and move to the next one

Then why does Ralpha beat Toxiq in duels?

You could do the same with a ppsh or any auto weapon, the MG just has a fuckton of ammo. Play Rising storm 2 small modes and it's nothing but sprinting and snap shooting around corners.
youtube.com/watch?v=xkbX_8TDgo0

Fuck that noise, man, sniper rifle/shotty is the way to go.
Mid range is for pussies.

>MG just has a fuckton of ammo
exactly the problem, as well as doing more damage and not having a punishing enough movespeed penalty. There are ways to balance it without removing the games feature of hipfire being accurate.

>the amount of time you have to move slower is shorter
Than nothing? No.
>shorter ttk
so it's got less action to downtime as well.

Iron sights need to exist because most of you can't play videogames.

Can't be arsed to quote all your post, just wanted to let you know that it's been quite a while since I've seen such dedicated shitposting.

n1 user

Iron sights defenders are like perplexed, middle aged women who ask you to help them work out how to operate their new television and get confused and flustered if you don't pause after every single word.

which is good. not every game should appeal to adhd autists.

Ive only shot guns a few times but hitting shit with iron sights is hard as fuck and the slighest of fuck all movement makes you miss. I want a game where iron sights arent laser beams held by a powerful robot

>I don't have any motor control and my hand-eye-coordination sucks
>I know! I'll just call all the normal people who aren't inbred faggot adhd autists!

nah i want ironsights when i play my realistic shooters and simulators

>everyone who can aim better than me has adhd!
Imagine the mental gymnastics on this.

>Strafe jump
Strafe jump off a cliff if you do this in anything that isn't a quake-like game

Simo ruined the fps genre.

Attached: Simo_hayha_honorary_rifle.jpg (500x719, 123K)

I don't get this thread, some games are designed for shit and some for crap

What exactly is realistic about your gun magically firing the bullets away from the barrel at a 45 degree angle if you're not standing near still and looking down the sights?

>zoomers can't aim without this
It was hilarious seeing people defend this shit in BF1 and V.

Attached: 878982085.jpg (1200x870, 108K)

It's moving to Steam on Oct 1. You can get it now if you want on Battle.net and just transfer everything when it goes to steam for free. But when New Light (F2P) comes out on Oct 1, they're bumping everyone and every item you have to the current max level (750).

actually you can get potentially more action, not every strafe qualifies as action

the amount of action in the system is dependant on player count

>You can get it now if you want on Battle.net
but i cant
it says buy

are you talking about cone fire? its unrealistic. i want my bullet to go where the barrel is pointed. in the games i play, the more you move the more the barrel is unaligned from the center of screen making accurate hip fire quite difficult especially when there arent crossairs

that fucking asshole why didn't he fucking hipfire like a real man

ADS didn't do shit. Here's your true culprit.

Attached: u_10154885.jpg (365x347, 15K)

go ahead and clarify what you mean

don't do this user, it's a shitty grinding game that got no respect for your time, you can grind for hours and get nothing, and the pvp is broken shit

The right analog stick being used to aim in FPS games.

and

its hard to do so autoaim was introduced

>all FPS games should be fast paced arena shooters
fucking retard

i just want to shoot my gun...

and how is that a problem

When in doubt, read the Yea Forums handbook

Attached: 1330718894580.jpg (664x2133, 275K)

what are you intersted in? pve or pvp?

>anti-ADS niggers crying about consoles
The first CoD was PC exclusive, stop trying to fit in zoomers

Do you believe those aren't casual, or are you only pretending?

Silly weaboo. Master Chief is more relatable than whatever "PC" you are in COD games.

Attached: 1547619282968.gif (356x200, 1.95M)

>making aiming easier on a stick
>"it's harder to aim because autoaim"
Yea Forums says the damnedest things

anything
i guess pvp
pve is fine too
i just need f2p and being decent population

based illiterate retard

who the fuck cares about casual or not
if its fun its good

us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/destiny2-forsaken-complete-collection

the pvp isn't that good but you'll be able to try it when it goes f2p so no harm in that

Neo-Yea Forums, everyone!

1. console players needing opponents to stop and pivot for 4 seconds so they have a chance to actually hit each other
2. lots of games being ported from console

retard

idiot

Yea Forums hated casual garbage before you got here.

but modern retro shooters are very popular and some of them are quite good.

you can complain about arena shooters but the one time they tried to bring UT back, none of you gave a fuck, just like you don't give a fuck about quake live which is still semi-active

it's an entirely artificial mechanic though. in real life you can point a gun at something and it'll actually fucking shoot in that direction, not 30 degrees away. in real life you can shoot while running. in real life you can stabilize a gun enough while running to shoot a fairly near target.

Attached: what123.jpg (1654x637, 133K)

don't care

quake is casual

Personally I don't think Aim Down Sights "broke" the genre. The problem just became emblematic by being in the biggest games and becoming a necessity, by turning massively wide hip-fired spray patterns into laser-accurate death weapons.

ALL FPS are casual

See

i see man, man see me, i hold aim first because i see him first, i win

me tactical expert

>wojakposts
>worth reading
Nice try.

And then everybody clapped.

not an answer

>you begin to move around a map the exact same way every time, it's an unconscious decision that your brain makes because you move in that way so much, around the same 3-4 maps, that your brain kinda shuts down.
You have never in your life played Quake or Unreal Tournament or any other old school fps multiplayer, have you?

>these things are casual and anti-intellectual because I say so
>there's not strategy in quake
>I'm a retard the post
Lol you tried.

never played a console game

spastic

So what this thread is saying is that Halo is the best modern MP shooter? Along with TiFa2

Attached: 1544188764199.png (1482x1392, 258K)

Halo has ADS.

didn't answer the question and has never played a console game, you have no knowledge of the thing you rail against

>spoiler
based

user I'd use your filter list but then I wouldn't see even half the posts on this board so I have to pass. But keep on doing gods work.

ADS works for some games, doesn't work for others. I personally thing CSGO would benefit a lot from ADS

If only it weren't dead. Went to shit with Javelin introduction, what were they thinking?

Kira was fun as fuck, I loved flanking enemy teams from behind and killing them all with the laser. I miss that game.

Attached: 4276468903d36dfb57b006c3c8253f81c6c1ded2.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

Is this battalion? i never got to try it because i have to dish money in order to try it, i thought the game died few weeks after EA because there has been few controversies or someshit

>see demon
>press m1
>see red keycard
>put in key door

Here doom tard I got something you would tax your brain

Attached: Baby-Block-Match-Shape-Learning-Educational-Wood-Baby-Toys-Geometry-Shape-Intelligence-Box-Child-Ear (1000x761, 304K)

You mean the zoom that has no effect on movespeed?

QUAKE GOOD
OTHER SHOOTERS BAD

Attached: 1551535325493.png (558x614, 29K)

No, I mean a gun model cover up your entire screen.
It has sprint too, and is still slow.

PAPA BEAR THIS IS ALPHA
I'M ALL ALONE

>big gun model is ADS

reach harder

Attached: 3b6.jpg (600x680, 35K)

He didn't even used scopes (they were not very good in cold weather), just the iron sights. Now that's what I call a true PGM.

There's no sprint in Halo.

>intellectual games
There is a lot of 'intellectual games' out there. The fact you don't know about them only tells me how much you actully invested in that kind of games.

>inb4 t-that doesn't count!

Attached: file.jpg (596x433, 48K)

>Reach
I said in Halo.

not halo

Called it.
Game's still slow garbage either way.

Attached: file.jpg (1000x1391, 223K)

I don't mind iron sights in tactical shooter's like Riding Storm or Rainbow Six, but I still miss arena fps, now days I only play UT2K4 twice a week in the /vr/ server

She was too annoying to deal with at times if she had a modicum of skill and knew how to use the, at the time, overpowered burst rifles namely the steyr aug looking one and the br16/m16 and was definitely good since she had one of the highest movement speeds in the game. Thank god her main ability was shit and had to be controlled directly with a gadget.

I liked playing Pheonix, that's was a really fun healer type mercenary thanks to how you could affect his healing pulse with quick swap perks making it a virtually instant burst heal as the way it worked was, all you had to do was hold/charge the pulse and then not let go but swap to a weapon as it would still release the pulse ability thus instantly healing you coupled with a very fast swap without having to wait x seconds to wait for the animation delay to pass and then swap to your desired weapon.

mad pc player detected

And you triggered some keyboard warriors. Congrats

ADS just needs a cooldown so you're not a spaz un-scoping/re-scoping three times a second. Commit to that shit.

do people actually get mad over this?

or are the people complaining because they are only good in one fps and when they play something different and suck, they blame iron sights? you guys sound fun at parties.

Attached: intothetrash.jpg (350x351, 14K)

iron sights is fucking shit. The only reason this exists is to slow down gameplay because of the console FPS meme and the dual analogue meme.

The laser didn't need to be controlled manually, you could just click at one place and it would move there by itself. I also love burst rifles so I played the fuck out of her. Burst rifles got nerfed to fuck though

what doesn't? That's just a picture of some random space ma- I mean, master chiefs.

>The problem with the Iron Sight FPS genre is that as it went on, you needed to use ADS to do melee fire fighting.
yeah that's bullshit and only a complete shitter would ever believe that. Try and use iron sights at anything below medium range and you will get your ass kicked by a chad hip-firer

>you could just click at one place and it would move there by itself
What the fuck? Maybe she was insanely good after all.

Attached: 1565832744701.png (316x385, 31K)

Iron sights existed in pc games before the focus of shooters on consoles retard

and yet they weren't omnipresent.

High ttk > low ttk
You cannot refute this.

Yea it’s pretty obvious in Titanfall because the retard will just be sitting in a window with R-201 and constantly ADSing in hopes of getting a lock on some going 50+ mph across the map and just plinking them out of the sky with his 3-shot hitscan machine.
Really wish Respawn would’ve fixed their aim assist before abandoning the game.

likes being a gimped little retard that can only 1v1 enemies

It's not worse. Why don't you use a RPG to get rid of the UAV?

Yeah, you could stand somewhere where you had no line of sight and just zigzag the laser off buildings

This

>simulation aspect
>aspect
Are you being intentionally retarded?

sometimes it doesn't matter how fast you are some idiot with a spitfire will get you

Why reddit loves quake so much?

you're thinking of borderlands

>anime reaction pic
>shitty opinion
>buzzwords

>buzzwords
where?

it's like clockwork

fuck i need to play this more often

wojak posts have been a part of board culture for about 10 years zoom zoom

Arena shooter fags are in complete denial. They literally have nothing to play except a 15 year old game and they refuse to support new ones.

it's on discount so new players and shit

I've been here longer than 10 years. /r9k/ has always been the worst board.

Rage comics were a part of board culture too. They were promptly dropped as soon as they became popular with outsiders. Redditfags need to learn their place and lurk moar.

why Englando si difficultidadido ayayayayayay!

There's nothing inherently wrong with that mechanic.
The real issue is how it's implemented and that modern shooters have an awful combination of mechanics that make a terrible gameplay experience when combined (Everything is hitscan, forced cover, slow movement speed, iron sights, losing too much accuracy if you're moving and shooting, very few enemy variety or movement options etc)
If you were able to run and gun without making your accuracy go full spray and pray and you had the option to go for a super accurate mode by using iron sights at the cost of fov then it wouldn't really be bad, but in most modern games you can hit shit unless you're aiming down the sights.

*can't hit shit unless

>as soon as they became popular with outsiders
Became overplayed, you mean. Reddit does in-"jokes", Yea Forums did comedy. That's why they only use a sure thing, never come up with anything on their own, and beat their dead horse all the way into a nursing home

>Became overplayed, you mean.
They're one in the same.

The causative link you're implying isn't.

Outsiders finding a new meme and running it into the ground is not a new occurrence. Unless you believe oldfags are the ones who keep making wojak edits.

>Outsiders finding a new meme
>new

Attached: 1551421860652.jpg (1201x918, 253K)

New to them.

Good job little buddy! Only took you like 10 minutes, you obstinate retard.

cool story bro

You could at least say something relevant if you're that desperate for the last word. That's just sad.

You weren't worth the effort.

>the only valuable skill is moving your mouse
>fuck outplaying your opponent by shooting in a more favorable position than them

quakenigger.

Learn English, you regular-ass nigger.

can I get an image hash list of just e-celeb cancer?

Nah, it's unsorted. There's a pure wojak/pepe list on /qa/ but the rest is a jumble.

For little brains seems so but in good games the reloading is the window of opportunity to kill someone else. Next step is to count enemy bullets, then anticipate their spray

The only reason ADS became a thing is because of consoles. It allows you to have 2 joystick sensitivity settings to swap between at any time, which wasn't necessary with a mouse.

not really but ok

>have to stand still when using ads
>stand still

I get it now, you just a fucking noob lmao.

fpwp

Doom 1 and 2 are basically always in ads.

You can't shoot while running in real life you fuckin' fat ass weimericano, shut the fuck up dumb ass you've literally never tried that in your entire life.

Attached: image.jpg (1078x1360, 295K)

dilate.

Reminder that this is effectively no different than exaggerated hitboxes in games like Overwatch

Nope, games became more realistic and one of the first (if not the) to introduce ads is call of duty. It permits a better immersion because irl you do not shoot from the hip everytime.
Call of duty was praised for this at the time and was considered better than medal of honor.

An FPS gives the illusion of a 3D space on a 2D plane. You have none of the benefits of real depth perception and your hands (save in VR) are not linked to your body - you have an intermediate interface. It is noticeable in footage from FPS games built from the ground up to be VR games that the position the gun is held from and the way it is aimed with looks quite different. Look up what I mean on Youtube.

TL;DR in a VR game you probably could aim like this, but it isn't really possible to simulate it in a traditionally played FPS.

But, giving you the benefit of the doubt, you already realised this and wanted to bait someone. So GG i've been rekt well done you 8/8

It actually exists because games that wanted to be authentic military simulacra introduced it, and it has slowly become more and more popular, to the point that you can find it in modern MP arena shooters like CoD.