Why do so many games and movies include two-headed axes? Why would you need two blades in any given situation...

Why do so many games and movies include two-headed axes? Why would you need two blades in any given situation? It's just gonna add more weight and make you more tired. It doesn't give you any benefit and will probably just and up hurting you.

(Two-headed onehander axes are even worse).

Attached: skyrim steel axe.jpg (400x474, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironclad_warship#First_battles_between_ironclads:_the_U.S._Civil_War
youtu.be/5hlIUrd7d1Q?t=35
youtube.com/watch?v=-1R-xZy-Gb4
youtube.com/watch?v=h16e5Bm2m3M
tesgeneral.com/essential-le
youtu.be/vwuQPfvSSlo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_axe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More swinging options and better defensive capability.
>will probably just and up hurting you
yes if you are a retard

a bronze one could make sense
>fuck up your blade in battle
>switch to the second blade in a whim
extra weight means more damage :^)

Because the majority of people are not turbo-virgins who overthink about weapons in a fucking FANTASY.

>Two-headed onehander axes

Attached: 1553937107237.png (645x729, 147K)

>More swinging options and better defensive capability.

Look at this user. He's talking completely out of his ass.

Don't be like this user.

>extra weight means more damage :^)

I know you're trolling but even if I was to accept that, a plain chunk of metal would do the trick without possibly hurting yourself.

>Trying to apply real world logic in a game with magic, wyverns and talking tree lizard people
Unironically have sex you neckbearded incel

Why use two-handed weapons when you can use stealth archery?

The glass war axe in Skyrim
I've seen other examples, though

Attached: glass.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

I'm sorry if I'm not used at maneuvering medieval weaponry, user. Why don't you tell us why a double-edged axe is a bad thing instead of being a fucking cunt?

>because of supernatural things all logic should be thrown out of the window
kys retard

>haha your too weak to wield this fantasy weapon

>talks shit about stuff he has no clue about
>gets called out
>gets butthurt

Attached: Dinorsaur man.jpg (480x480, 53K)

>this video game weapon isn't realistic
oh no!

Attached: 20190801150529_1.jpg (1920x1080, 389K)

The battle axe in Demon's Souls too. Shit looks retarded.

Attached: 1549035720693.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

It's so you can slash both ways I imagine asopposed to turning the axe around

I see you concede, faggot. Case closed.

>arrow in head
>run away
>"must have been the wind"
>repeat
game gets hard quicker though with just using stealth, or am i playing it wrong?

They're literally twice as awkward.

Why are Japs always compensating?

>a fictional world can't have its own logic, it must abide by mine!
kys x2, autist

wow OP, way to out yourself as a virgin

Because they look cool

Logic shouldn't be applied to weapon wielding. Let's put it like this: gameplay mechanics are abstractions. Combat, travelling, dialogue trees, inventory screens, stats, etc aren't "real" to the world presented in the story, in just the same way that if you watch a stage play in a theatre, the story doesn't "really" take place on a small area with props. You SHOULD apply logic to the ideas presented in Hamlet, but you'd be a fucking idiot if you insisted on applying logic to how Hamlet could possibly have taken place on a small stage. Similarly, anyone who insists on applying logic to gameplay mechanics is a fucking idiot.

It's at the creator's discretion of course. If you disagree, make your own world.

man if we were talking about a movie you would have a point, but in a fucking videogame? it's just pathetic, you might as well ask how can the enemies survived getting that swinged at their face

Actually one-handed dual sided axe makes the most sense as combat for successive strikes incorporates hand switching, having the double sided head means saving the flip when switching.

>more swinging options
Think about this for a second. You would never swing back with the other blade. Try swinging a baseball bat in the opposite direction. It makes no sense.

He's a dumb shit poster, don't respond to him.

horizontally you could
not saying that it's an easy maneuver, but you could

I'm still waiting for your reply, fag.

It is very heavy, and recovery is not comfortable or quick, but your weapon... will keal.
Good job.

There are very few examples of two-headed axes throughout history. The goal of most weapon design is to reduce weight where it is unnecessary because it leads to soldier fatigue. Most weapons are in the 3 to 5 pound range, from the shortsword all the way up to the poleax. This is sort of the sweet-spot for weapons, as it provides more than enough weight behind a blow.
Heavier weapons are also harder to maneuver, so a heavier weapon will automatically be slower and much harder to defend with.

Two handed axes are already on the higher end of that weight, at 4-6 pounds, and most of that weight is the blade. Adding a second head would increase the weight by another 3-5 pounds, which would be unacceptable for such a weapon. Because all the weight is at the business end, it makes it much more fatiguing to use as well as much, much harder to maneuver.

The greatsword can get away with its massive weight (up to 10 pounds in some versions) because most of that weight is down by the hilt, making the blade itself feel quite agile and whippy.

You could do many things in combat you probably shouldn't unless you want to be dead.

Why not just carry a gun you retarded faggot?

these were historically used tho, and a hell of a lot more practical than two-handed versions

>Try swinging a baseball bat in the opposite direction. It makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. Why would you not do that?

Fighting with melee weapons is at the top of that list.

It is mostly useless for an axe to have two axe heads, unless you're using it for woodcutting. If you want something on the back end, try a hammer head or a spike, which at least would give you multiple weapon types to deal with different types of armor, hence the most impressive, versatile, and widely used weapon to ever grace the Medieval battlefield; the poleaxe.

It looks cool.

the point isnàt whether you should do it, but if you could
also throughout history some civilizations had double-edged axes, but they weren't nearly as big as OP's pic.

Blades break, right? Maybe having a second choppy part means you don't have to discard the weapon if one of them snaps or shatters or blunts or whatev

Most reasonable answer so far. Carrying an extra weapon without actually carrying an extra weapon

Your wrist doesn't transfer enough force when swinging backwards. Not only would it be an inefficient use of energy it'd be useless at best and dangerous at worst attempting it.

You would want to carry an extra weapon, because then the weight is on your body instead of in your arms. You'd also be better served carrying a second type of weapon rather than a copy of the first. Also, if your axe breaks, it's most likely going to be the haft that breaks and not damage to the head, which means the other side would be useless too.

Intimidation is just as if not more valuable than actual capability.

Attached: minecraft.jpg (932x1200, 78K)

Thread should have ended here

>Not just literally using a spear for everything
Spears are literally better than any other melee weapon out there.

Skyrim weapons look like fucking toys

>two-headed onehander boomerang axes
Really funny seeing one those guy throw a massive axe tho

Attached: Warrior_animation.gif (113x87, 12K)

The poleaxe would like to have a word with you. The most used battlefield weapon in history.

Attached: pic_spot_poleaxe18[1].jpg (800x600, 73K)

It's so you can go directly from planting it into one person to swinging it at someone else by just switching your grip. Highly efficient if you aren't a bitch.

the same reason why swords have 2 edges

>why does this RPG have shitty aesthetics?
Because the rule of cool meme permeates every single RPG out there.

Attached: 8ffdcc2d445349a95954bd8704085591a6bbe357b12498733412772bc9711e79.jpg (322x743, 77K)

you have to have weight on the other end, that's how hafts work, so why not make it a blade? I'd make it a spike/pick if I were a blacksmith, that way I can puncture plate or cut trees/mine ore all with one tool.

Putting two edges on a sword actually reduces the weight of the weapon, while making it more versatile in combat. Because all the weight is in the hilt, the weapon feels light and agile.You can easily feint and reposition midswing, making use of the second edge. Putting a second head on an axe would increase the weight of the weapon, and thereby reduce the versatility in combat. Because all the weight is in the head, the weapon feels slow and clunky, you can't stop the swing to reposition or feint, so the second head does nothing useful.

better than numchucks?

Based spearfag, but poleaxes and halberds are better.

the steel weapons and armor were the best looking in the game, that's why I used the alchemy/enchanting exploit to get max armor with them

what about the double axe like in neverwinter nights? it has 4 edges. 2 on each side

double-ended weapons are even worse. Just staves with useless shit tacked on. You'd be better off with a staff or single-ended weapon in literally every scenario.

Edges get dull. If that happens you can use the other one.

>melee fag

Attached: crossbowmen.jpg (602x630, 176K)

One of the most retarded fantasy weapons I've ever seen. The size of "pommel weapon" would make it very difficult to maneuver without hitting yourself, while adding nothing of value to the offensive capabilities of the weapon.

Two-bladed swords are already difficult enough to use. Imagine adding 10 pounds AND making the backside twice as thick AND being able to hurt you with just a smack.

>Holds up shield
Nothin' personnel, kid...

>invented before swords
>phased out before swords
peasant

I can't even remember there being any differences between all the different weapon types in skyrim, just damage and attack speed. You basically picked what looked the coolest for you, most even had the same animations. What a goddamn disappointment that was.

Fuck you I can't afford a crossbow.

>implying the average pleb can afford a shield

>Using weapons just for culling peasants
Might as well use GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL instead.

>*Ptchew*
>Fuck I missed, hold on approximately 30 seconds
>Fuck, pete's windlass broke, make it 45
>Do you mind not charging?
>Can you tell your muslebound chad longbowmen to stop shooting? It's literally the fifth shot since we started reloading It's making us look bad, good news is pete's dead, so don't need to reload for hi-*thunk*

Crossbows more like lossbows.

more weight = harder swing
and blades are actually easier to fuck up when smashing into armor and bone than you might imagine, so if one gets messed up you can switch to the other

Like every ES weapon.

>code a damage stick
>tell your 3d modelling slaves to make different looking damage sticks
>they're all identical sticks but they look different and have different numbers
too few damage stick skins and the illusion is ruined

Muh stick conquered empires why no stick in game!

Attached: 02bb35e1d1e5b71e5e7eed5a67698f66d16d9905ebce60a67aae10ae8a0304c9.png (625x773, 143K)

It look badass.
But in reality, people just put a pike on the other side so they can fuck people in armor.

Lmao. Swords are a literal meme. Pointy thing on long stick so so much more effective it's ridiculous.

Maces are amazing, we are the best at fucking armour up

Spears are best in formation. Are you playing a game where you control 40 guys at once? If so, then you need spears. Are you playing a game where you're just 1 guy? If so, then using a spear will probably going to get you killed. One stick is weak, but many sticks are strong.

>maces and hammers
>literally just a fancy metal club
>crush bones and give concussions to knights in armor
Impact weapons are the best.

'Cause it looks cool.
To some. Not to me, though.

>Game has an axe user
>Its a female
Why don't more games do this, like wasn't the axe the favored weapons of amazons?

Attached: Axewoman.jpg (1448x2048, 330K)

>Wojak edit
Only the original wojak is ok.

artist?

Guys, the historical reason these were even a thing was because metal quality wasn't exactly top-notch back then, so smiths would often add a second bladed end to the axe so that when one side dulled, it could be flipped around to use the other side to save you a trip to the sharpening wheel.

Also, they were used more often to cut the heads off livestock than for actual battle. 2-headed blade could kill twice as many pigs before it needed to be sharpened.

>not just working as a mercenary so your boss pay for your weapon and armor
>then get hired by the french to fight the brits
>except the french fired all their bowmen for 500 of us
>and it's raining so the crossbow rope is damp and doesn't work as well
>also we forgot our shields in the transport to come here
>also they decide our employer sends cavalry after us when our formation get broken by the brit bowmen because they though we were deserting
>except that now we are really deserting

>miss shot because ballistics are hard math
>take 3 minutes to reload a single bolt

The absolute state of crossbowshits

Attached: let go.jpg (960x960, 37K)

>Code a damage stick
>Just colour the stick bit different and call it a "laser sword"
>Suddenly everyone refuses to use anything but the laser sword stick
>Don't even have to code different spud guns, they just want the laser sword stick.
George Lucas was a genius!

Attached: 0abc24_6350348.jpg (1700x892, 76K)

>Are you playing a game where you're just 1 guy? If so, then using a spear will probably going to get you killed. One stick is weak, but many sticks are strong.
Literally false. Spears have been proven too be just as effective as anything else on a 1v1.

>Why do so many games and movies include two-headed axes?
Only slayers would understand. Sometimes you just kill so many foes that your blade goes dull, so you swap to the other one and keep going.

just lift dude

Cause they're fucking cool bro. I use one when playing martials in D&D all the time.

I imagine it’s to counterbalance the weight on both sides of the axe so the weapon is easier to hold. Also it adds more weight behind your swing which equals more damage capability. I can’t imagine how the hell you would hurt yourself but if I was retarded like op I’m sure I could manage it.

>Being a mercenary
Might as well kill your self. Mercenaries were the ones they sent of suicide missions or the ones they put infront of a formation.

Most of them sure, the iron weapons are fine though.

Attached: skyrim.jpg (691x600, 55K)

>proven
Let me guess, you watched a youtube video with reenactors and a handful of spear larpers got coached into defeating a handful of sword larpers? Larp is larp, but real military history shows that spears were used pretty much exclusively for large battles, and mercenaries and other individuals who had to fight alone relied on swords or other non-spear weapons. They're an effective tool for soldiers, and only for soldiers.

>Be born
>While you were being a productive serf, I was learning the bow
>While you contributed fiscally to feudal society, I was gaining the muscles and training required to pull a bit of wood gud
>While you were being temporarially pressganged into a levy, I was having liberal amounts of coin being spent on one springy yew boy and to stand around wasting m'lord's coin day in day out.
>What do you mean "They have like 300 guys for every one of us?"
>What do you mean "It only takes like five minutes to learn to shoot one of those shits?"
>Why is the sky black? Oh fuck I hope its not rainini

You poor fool, you could have been doing that while being a caster too.

This. Same animation, same attack speed (muh skill tree), bigger damage. Hell New Vegas had damage threshold but in the game with forges and (a lack of repair hammers) armor just reduces a static percentage of damage.
Thought you were talking about Deus Ex for a second.

>The most used battlefield weapon in history

That is so wrong I'd just like to slap you across the face. The spear is the oldest and most ubiquitous weapon of all time, because it's simple, effect and very cheap to make.

The poleaxe became a staple in medieval warfare, yes, but spears were around literal thousands of years before halberds and the like were invented. Post that shit again and I will track you down.

Attached: 1554821627360.jpg (400x400, 119K)

Wait he didn't make deus ex? Who made deus ex?

First result on saucenao, come on mate.

>the game has an artstyle instead of copying historic weapons wholesale
Why do they do this bros?

Attached: aaaaa.png (394x360, 144K)

>High falutin spear-chukkers
>"Yeah this was totally what we used since the dawn of time"
>"unimpressed_and_sad_rock_throwers.rockpg"

what's with the "damage stick" meme

This is unironically a huge improvement. Give me 1 weapon that's got interesting properties like dismemberment or being thrown etc instead of a generic weapon with a million skins.

Not in the case of crossbowmen, early on they were the only source of crossbows, once the weapon got popular (because even a retard can use it without any training) they got dropped completely.

im too lazy to click 2 times man
jun (seojh1029) for anyone whos as lazy as me

Attached: 1530508449550.png (309x323, 195K)

Spears are the epitome of easy to learn hard to master and are still superior to swords in 1v1 having superior range while you can poke at your enemies from afar.

>inb4 "but when i get in his range he's fucked"

He can just step back or to the side a little bit and you'll be out of range again.
Face it swordcuck, the only thing they have for them is portability and weight.

When your game is shit and combat is waving a sword back and forth and static damage when enemy waltzes into the hitbox, with an "ow" and little parental-guidance set amount of blood splatter and the health bar chips down 10%.

>The spear is the oldest and most ubiquitous weapon of all time, because it's simple, effect and very cheap to make.
This. It's why it should be in games, because realistically they're more affordable than swords, and people will already know how to use them if they have any kind of military background. Not because they're a high level great weapon in solo combat, but because the people in the game are shitfarmers living in Pigtown, and they can't afford more than a few scraps of iron and some wood for their weapons.

>Posh uggers with rocks
In my day we just used sticks.

Attached: blunt_cunt.jpg (800x800, 73K)

Amazons weren't real, user.

>your weapon fucking sucks in every game
whats her name Yea Forums?

spears = rifles
swords = pistols
axes = shotguns

>spears are nigh non-existent in vidya
Imagine having a game with actual footwork, parrying, and generally having to rely on more than not running out of potions.
This thread is still shitting on skyrim right?

next you'll tell me those benin bronzes were made by africans instead of the lost white people of atlantis! What a pleb!

I'd rather use my action surge to dab on you

Accurate.

I dunno. Wish ES had more realistic designs tho.

One of at least.

Attached: whip.png (64x100, 3K)

I would say

swords = semi-auto handguns
axes = revolvers

Poleaxechad reporting in.
Only game I enjoyed using it in was For Honor, but my boy gets outclassed by literally everyone else.

Attached: lawdaddy.jpg (474x474, 41K)

Nah I wish they went back to insect Chitin and mushroom trees you had to levitate up.

Yeah, you're a larper. Just think about it for a second, spears have exactly one move: thrust. You can't chop, you can't slice, and it's too unwieldy to do much of a parry. You can go for weak, fast swings that don't do anything safely, but that's pointless since it won't deal any kind of significant harm in real combat, just let you score points in larp combat. Using any kind of force on a spear involves a long windup, which any decent weapon user should be able to read and avoid. The ONLY thing spears have going for them is that they're safe to use if you stay out of range. And where are they safest to use? In formation, not in single combat where one (1) successful parry of your thrust will knock your weapon away and let the opponent close in.

Pic related, it's the pure fucking strength of a spear formation, and it's what you're abandoning to do your stupid 1v1 combat.

Attached: file.png (1786x833, 2.89M)

there is literally 0 point in wearing all that armor without a helmet, trap, and armor on top of the shoulder

People in the throwing knife camp must be starved for both representation and effectiveness. its like a 90% not-in-game, 9% awful, 1% lethal but limited ratio.

and when stamina was relevant

That has little to do with weapon shapes and I was talking about that.

Poleaxes
Crossbows

;_;

you should play m&b warband

>pike phalanx
You know it's not an 8 foot shiv, there's a blade on the end of it, and blades slice.
>Using any kind of force on a spear involves a long windup
There's more than one way to hold it. You've probably never sparred or thought about push/pull or anything.

>Just think about it for a second, spears have exactly one move: thrust. You can't chop, you can't slice, and it's too unwieldy to do much of a parry.

Attached: you.jpg (208x326, 10K)

swords are SMGs

Doesn't matter how long the spear was being used, the fact is more people would use the poleaxe because more people were alive around the time of the poleaxe.

The most used battlefield weapon is the gun, after all. It's been used by at least a billion people in a military capacity over the years.

>be spearman on the front
>some asshole in the back keep hitting me in the head with his spear
>everytime I turn around to tell him to stop everyone else in the frontline trip and fall

>He uses rapiers.
>He uses daggers.

Attached: ahem_FUCKETH_RAPIERS_AND_FUCKETH_DAGGERS.jpg (246x205, 13K)

I only ever played the alpha but I planned on using him when I get to the game. What's wrong with him? Which classes are high iq and which are cancer?

lol k bro

Attached: spartans.jpg (1777x927, 264K)

>spears were the oldest weapons!
>no, rocks were
NAKED FIST USERS WHERE WE AT

Attached: file.png (1024x1098, 2.5M)

c-cuz when
*ahem*
CUZ WHEN YOU'RE FIGHTING AND THE THING LOSES ITS EDGE FROM ALL THE BUTCHERING YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUN BACK AND GET ANOTHER CUZ YOU ALREADY HAVE A REPLACEMENT.

>What is a premise?
pseudo intellectual 13 yo

Don't be this guy

That Aztec meteorite stone paddle could wreck spears though.

why didnt people dual wield shields?

Attached: 1561446852175.jpg (1066x600, 73K)

Truly the manliest of weapons.

>cloak and dagger
>throw cloak at opponent to disarm him then stab him
>could do the same for much cheaper by not using a cloak and kicking him the balls instead

He's been reworked you know user, he's a pretty solid character.

>the fact is more people would use the poleaxe because more people were alive around the time of the poleaxe
>1100AD-1700AD
>poleaxes might be more popular, spears still present
>8000BC - 800 AD
>spears more common than poleaxes
B-but the middle ages had a lot of p-people
So did the whole of the Roman empire.

>be spearman on the seventh row
>my feet hurt, why do we have to wear sandals
>i'm bored
>this spear has splinters, I wish I wrapped it in cloth
>i wish I could afford cloth
>hope the battle's going well

My axefu

Attached: AgslQNr.jpg (1260x1546, 411K)

Falmer weapons are cool though

WTF THAT IS TOO BIG!

Attached: 1565367123339.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

They do ladle-tier damage

>hurr durr all spears are sarissas/pikes.

The thrust of a spear while being out of the opponent's range is so simple yet so effective.
Just because you can predict it doesn't mean you can avoid it

>Using any kind of force on a spear involves a long windup.
Using force on a sword is far more telegraphed than a spear.

How the fuck are you supposed to use this? Was it a real weapon, or just a romanticized meme?

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 493K)

>train every Sunday with your father
>craft your own bow and arrows
>every lad in every village does this
>French "noble" "men" wonder how their superior Franku Crossbu could lose out to LONG ENGLISH BOWS

Attached: 6bb4362c62c6743bca6a8aec78c03106f0e0be63905cdc9b474b716ca1761568.jpg (373x330, 41K)

>starts raining

Heh... nothing personnel *snaps*

Boats did at one point, there was a brief period where everyone gave their ships fullplate but forgot to research better weapons. Cue a battle of nothing but two ironclads bouncing cannonballs off each other for a whole day. This continued for years and almost brought back ramming out of sheer frustration.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironclad_warship#First_battles_between_ironclads:_the_U.S._Civil_War

Attached: BANG_BONG_ BANG_PING_BANG_THUNK.jpg (1280x890, 332K)

World of Warcraft is full of 2-headed one-handers.

Attached: Asian feet.jpg (1920x1440, 287K)

It's real
Obviously only japs thought of it because it was retarded and useless

>Haha, take this corn
>Ah fuck
>hurts my balls

>Yanks hear one of their beloved celebrity academics claim something, in this case "spears are the ultimate weapon haha"
>they parrot it relentlessly and defend it to the death, disregarding any context
If some academic went on television and told them to drop their guns for superior throwing knives they'd fucking do it.

the chain should be at the base

Probably used at some point but like every other flail weapons, the users would eat the dirt by their own hands.

Ninjas could use this in an ambush to assassinate some loser, but never in pitched battle, they'd just run away if their opponent could defend against this.

It's not a weapon, it's a tool to climb walls.

AFIK Chain should be on the base and end with a weight. The chain + weight is used to trip the enemy, not to hit them like a retard.

>Year 2300
>autists arguing about weapons on a neo-Mongoloid hologram board about weapons
>ACTUALLY, the lariat, or reata (also frequently mistranslated as lasso) was a skilled ranged weapon for capturing and disarming opponents while safely staying out of their range
>They were used in the age of guns because they were nearly as fast and effective as firearms in the American Medieval West
>Allow me to link a holovid of my personal lariat technique

Attached: medieval warrior holding a lariat.jpg (1000x667, 95K)

WoW armors and weapons are some bullshit. I don't how people find them aesthetically pleasing.

Why do so many games and movies include double-edged swords? Why would you need two edges in any given situation? It doesn't give you any benefit and will probably just and up hurting you.

(double-edged onehander daggers are even worse).

All you need is pic related

Attached: 31+SnEw8mjL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 9K)

>Why do so many games and movies include double-edged swords

They don't you shitbaiter.

Pic related is shit and can't even put a dent in thick European Steel plate.

European swords couldn't either

Because double-edged swords are more versatile and balanced than weapons built solely for slashing.

>It doesn't give you any benefit
It rebalances the weight of the weapon to make it extremely light and therefore easy to use.
The same does not apply to axes, as a second edge will instead add weight, rather than remove it.

That's common sense, you retard. Firearms weren't accurate until the WW3, making stuff like the lariat of the 4 headed axes (the ones that started "4head", the first know meme) the most common weapons on the battlefields.

Because they look cool.

Actually they could because they had weight and don't shatter on a strike that isn't shitty Samurai silk robes or basket wood armor.

Only a stupid jap would think this was a good idea.

>using swords against steel plate
Are you OK retard?

>enchant bow with frenzy
>shoot one or two guys
>game plays itself
yeah you're doin it wrong

Is dual wielding a meme?

You're probably fucking with me but still
youtu.be/5hlIUrd7d1Q?t=35

No, he's not Japanese.

yes and no

Not summoning Dremora lords and then just running around picking up loot.
apply yourself.

>LARPERs
Ok user.

sneak levels up very fast because every time you move while undetected you gain xp. even moving one inch will gain xp. get the critical shot and stagger archery perks so you can do more combat standing up.

I know, but the Falmer aesthetic is badass

No, it lets you kill two guys at once

youtube.com/watch?v=-1R-xZy-Gb4

It was rare but it happened

>more defensive capability
>with an axe

OHOHOHOHOHOHOOHHOOHOH

Attached: 1378160328394.png (210x214, 16K)

What a fucking retard you are, before the Seventh reich tried to over the universe, people were using guns with "clips" filled with "shells" instead of the current wind-up system, lassos were used to removed said magazine.

A retarded one, except for (situational) sword + dagger, never in war.

The way it's presented in normalfag media, yes.
Actual dual wielding was basically using a second weapon as a designated parrying tool. But even like that it was still a bit of a meme. Definitely not a battlefield thing, it's what you did if you were a bored noble chad with nothing better to do than flex.

I mean, assuming the chitin wouldn't constantly break and chip-off on impact (some of the pointy bits look fragile as glass), they should by all theories be as lethal and as any sharpened warpick would. Not to mention of all the nasty septic wounds it would likely leave behind.

Yes. Try dual wielding two baseball bats. Not only will you look like a fucking retard doing so but you'll tire out faster and you wont be doing as much damage compared to using both hands for one weapon.

>stupid gun user steps up at high noon
>he draws his gun, tries to pull the trigger
>lariat the bullets out of his gun
>"Nothing personal, pardner"
>wrap the lasso around his neck and snap his vertebra in an instant with your strong cowpoke muscles

It's a power statement. Like humongous shoulderpads on warriors is a statement of 'yeah bitch, I'm so badass I don't need full arm rotations to make meme angle swings. I just need this horisontal sweep to cut you in half'

daggers have killed more armored opponents and probably also more people in general than any other weapon in the medieval period

they are the easiest to stap into the gaps in armor and qare more than lethal enough as a backup weapon

I doubt those piece of shit falmer weapons could penetrate hard Steel or any other metal material. Definitely could cut right through Fur and Leather.

>clips filled with shells
They were using partridges (named so after the now extinct flying reptile) filled with probably avian shaped projectiles, but all we seem to find are flat objects due to impact. If I could go back in time I'd be one of the proud gunners fighting against the sentient zuckerbots.

imagine thinking the point of combat is to pierce through armor and not just bypass it or bludgeon the person inside

Attached: thott-87r.jpg (2000x1349, 533K)

>Dishonourable range scum

Shadman used to draw weird porn

Also chances the guy in a full plate is a valuable Noble that you want to kidnap.

A bigger sword/axe is superior if you have the superhuman strength to wield one properly. You’re all a bunch of faggots.

I read it as
>a burger sword/axe

there are problems with overly large weapons even if you have superhuman strength.

can't cheat the laws of phsyics bitch

learn alchemy and get paralysis potions

op as fuck, later on you can make paralysis potions that basically sap their health while they're frozen on the ground

>can't cheat the laws of phsyics
*noclips behind you*
nothing personel, kid

IT'S A FUCKING GAME WHERE YOU CAN USE YOUR VOICE TO FREEZE PEOPLE IN PLACE LMAO SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY

Pryblade master race
>pronged tip for catching and turning away enemy blades
>hook for yanking down shields or parrying incoming attacks
>heavy enough to bludgeon armored opponents
>easy to use, difficult to master
>has practical uses, like opening crates, fixing electronic machinery, interacting with civilians etc
Don't try and say they weren't used, we have extensive documentation of pryblades being used effectively against extra-dimensional beings in the 20th century digital record

Attached: file.png (676x380, 158K)

>can't cheat the laws of phsyics bitch
Gravity? Who gives a crap about gravity?

it doesn't seem to be implied that the dragonborn has superhuman strength.

Not if you’re really fucking heavy. Someone who is strong enough to use a Guts sword is strong enough to wear very heavy armor.

That's 99% of games tho

welcome to the real world

>Not if you’re really fucking heavy

yeah but

if you are really fucking heavy that limits a lot of other things too.

I'm pretty sure that thing was how people would stimulate their prostate before spider-android waifus were a thing.

>YOU CAN USE YOUR VOICE TO FREEZE PEOPLE IN PLACE
Policemen do it all the time. checkmate atheist.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Not everyone is a dexfag. Everything has its pros and cons.

>caste of noble mute ph.d doctors
Truly better times.

good joke but they have guns in the picture and it proves your joke to be FALLACIOUS IN NATURE

mating time, christian

No, you see, it has 100% more axe, so it hurts twice as much

Shields were cheap as fuck and crazy easy to make.

No one is so Huge Jackedman that swinging around 10 pounds by your wrist and forearms that it wouldn't tire them quickly.

Fuck spears, who here /warhammer/ or /maul/?

>mating time, christian
Kek

>GET DOWN ON THE GROUND
>CRAWL TOWARDS ME
>HOP BACKWARDS
>LEFT HAND YELLOW
>RIGHT FOOD RED
>I SAID RIGHT FOOT RED!!

After the end of Feudalism in Europe, most militaries were comprised of mercenary companies bought by the local noble. This lead to better trained and equipped militaries.

Actually if one end gets dulled you can use the other. Extra weight seems like a decent compromise compared to carrying around 2 axes.

>warhammers in vidya
Now that's a can of worms.

>Fuck spears, who here /warhammer/ or /maul/?
unga use big club, hurt warrior of bad tribe
big club best weapon
pointy stick for small brain

Specialization perks:
Swords had crit chance
Axes had DoT bleed
Hammers and maces ignored armor

Mace one is clearly useless since only the human enemies wear armor.

IMO sword is always the best choice due to speed and weight, the damage difference is only like 2 points and IMO the killcams are better while the other weapon types look janky.

>following orders of some random dude shouting at you

lmao the state of americans, submissive fucks

Arming/longswords are a backup/every day carry weapon. They aren't battlefield weapons because they can do literally nothing to a person in armor. You want something heavy, or something small that you can whip out when you tackle the fucker to stab him in the eyes.

*dents your steel plates*
Nothing personal

double headed axes are very common in the logging industry

however they didn't see the battlefield historically, and were typically created as decoration or heirloom

the problem is each stroke would pull you in the direction of the axe no matter how strong you are, you can't cheat physics

not to mention such an extremely heavy weapon would lend itself to essentially sports injuries

Actually guns were ineffective at that time due to bullet proof vests, that's why they used the larger assault rifles that were also used as melee weapon to hit with bludgeoning damage through the vest. Bullets were a meme at this point.

The chitin heavy helmet is like the second or third best helmet in the game, better chitin is better than most metal in the game

Ever heard the phrase double-edged sword? It's because they used to only sharpen one edge, for exactly the reasons you just mentioned.

Honed Falmer Sword does same damage as Skyforge Steel Sword

You can go from a neutral combat position into a thrust without telegraphing anything. All you have to do is thrust your arms forward, similar to how Bruce Lee's One Inch Punch works.

All the force from your very simple extension gets put into that tiny ass speartip. It's enough to kill a person who isn't wearing armor.

I prefer the long game weapon the Nutcracker
>sneak up on your opponent
>catch their genitalia in the weapon
>back then they didn't have semen directly sucked outta of your body at all time
>opponent can no longer reproduce and you can take over their good in a single generation
I find it impressive how much ninjas have evolved ever since Paleolithic.

Attached: nutcracker.png (1100x1100, 410K)

aggressively wrong and misinformed

>playing Skyrim without 300 mods
You deserve to play with shit weaponry.

Yes, body armor did make you essentially invincible to firearms, but it was too expensive for the average person to use. Take a look at this battle record of a sortie between armored and unarmored firearm users in Medieval Detroit.
youtube.com/watch?v=h16e5Bm2m3M

Meg my nuts lol

Attached: nutmeg merchant.jpg (900x899, 96K)

>After the end of Feudalism in Europe, most militaries were comprised of mercenary companies bought by the local noble.

Bullshit, only the northern Italian city states did that and they were very untrustworthy. Everywhere else mercenaries were only used to supplement the armies.

Balances the ax across its vertical axis and since real life isn't a video game blades broken pretty regularly in battle so you could switch sides when that happened.

>blades broken pretty regularly in battle

>Balances the ax across its vertical axis
literally why bother

Underrated

>better defensive capability
>block an attack with a blunt concave back, it catches the weapon preventing damage to the user
>block an attack with a convex blade like OP's pic, it immediately is deflected towards the user's hand causing potentially fatal injuries in a real combat situation
You don't ever want stray attacks sliding towards your hands/arms.

>double headed axes are very common in the logging industry

this

namely because it lets you chop wood for longer because when one cutting head gets dull or chips you can just flip it over.

in combat this is a different story. Axes need to be light to be effective so they often had really thing and tapered heads compared to wood chopping axes. They didn't need the redundancy of a woodchopper because if your weapon was to chip or break you would always have a backup weapon to use instead. Also concentrating all the mass on one head gives a much more bang for your buck in terms of striking power.

Attached: file.png (620x434, 261K)

Based and redpilled

That’s not because chitin is bad, it’s because literally just a piece of a bug and Falmer are shit at smithing, just like everything else.
The helmet you have to make yourself, and it’s among the best helmets in the game because it wasn’t made by retards.

The Swiss Guard, the White Company, the Ten Thousand, The Catalan Grand Company, etc. Free Companies made up the bulk of most armies during and after the Hundred Years War in Europe.

Best combat/weapon mods?

>standard old-American steel anti bullet armor
>not the superior Nippon armor
Pleb

Attached: af775f43f4d192977f54d11345d563c5c238cbee_hq.jpg (1024x681, 65K)

some people even realized that a longer lever meant a stronger impact at the end

Attached: ofscienceand_2751_600x600.jpg (398x600, 14K)

>criticising blind literal degenerate sub-elves for their non-existent smithing techniques
user, I...

I'm not saying the chitin is bad, I'm saying it's good. I beat the whole fucking game with a Skyforge Steel Sword.

>my arms are three times bigger than everyone in that room

japan so little

How come Orcish weapons are so close to bottom tier when they always pride themselves about "orcish craftsmanship is legendary" and shit when even bugshells haved higher value than their greenpiggy smithing?

Attached: 1555130109219.gif (455x344, 989K)

>he believes the myths of the sunken isle of nihon
Never go full retard, user.

tesgeneral.com/essential-le

>not being polo cavalry
>ride across the battlefield on a horse in stylish white clothes
>nobody can catch you, let alone kill you
>kill knights in a single stroke with a deftly aimed mallet strike
How can infantry even compete? This truly is the weapon of kings.

Attached: file.png (1000x667, 672K)

>+ Realism
>- Fun

You may as well throw a spike on the back and turn it into a halberd if you're already dealing with that kind of length. It'd be better at dealing with shields and heavy armor.

Is it true that Manlets descend from a race known as Jockeys? I hear they were tiny goblinoid creatures who rode messages for humans.

Running oldrim

Who are you quoting?

>having more realistic weapons makes the game less fun

what?

If they are blind, how come they notice you standing still but don’t notice you moving while crouching?

T. Pete Hines

How is chitin pronounced? Does it rhyme with chicken? Or kitten? Or fighting?

ky-tin

>he haven't seen the decrypted digital video records of ganz the third
Do you even history bro?

Don't. Just pirate the le, I've tried oldrim recently and just a moderate 100 mods generally fucks my game up after a while. le has less gamefile bloat and doesn't get a heartattack when there's more than 10 NPCs fighting at the same time. Most mods have been ported over anyway.

This is what you said
>After the end of Feudalism in Europe, most militaries were comprised of mercenary companies bought by the local noble.

Only Italian nobles were rich enough to hire mercenaries en masse to fight in large battles
Everybody else bought mercenaries to supplement their armies.
Look at every major battle involving mercenaries of the late medieval period/renaissance.

All in Italy except for the Byzantines who were also really rich.

It's not fair
It was HIS turn!

there are no wyverns in skyrim, though.

It's impressive how technologically advanced Medieval Detroit was back then, even after the Empire of Anime dropped Hamburger and Sloppy Joe on the Glorious State of Supreme America(tm), Detroit was mostly unaffected.

He was buffed not that long ago, but before that his problem was that his playstyle was entirely passive as he had NO good openers and stupidly slow combos. So the way you played was to turtle, wait for your enemy to get bored and attack, counter for a little damage, then immediately return to turtling.

Stein

*blocks your path*
It was a legit Orc weapon in NW2

Attached: file.png (672x580, 526K)

I don’t remember Oblivion at all, but IIRC there weren’t really any “racial” weapon categories in Morrowind besides Dwemer shit. Glass and bone old was mostly made by Dunmer, but that might just be related to you being in Vvardenfel, and glass weapons could be found elsewhere as well.
Then they added Orcish, Elven, Nordic categories and decided that orcs are somehow the worst at making weapons, which while most likely Beth being dumb could be related to their ability to literally double their damage at whim. So maybe their weapons would have 5 times the durability of elven weapons and deal more damage in orcish hands.

Kusarigamas were real. But in a large-scale battle, Japanese used halberds and bows. NOT katanas or other gimmicky weapons, like throwing stars or nunchucks.

>holy shit that guy typed an extra letter wat a fuckin dummy

Throwing knives are ridiculously good in RDR and Dragons Dogma user, play those

Slings. It's a miracle when anyone even remembers they exist.

I keep pronouncing it Chit-in despite knowing it's ky-tin

Nah, I meant the idea that blades were clashing together like a fucking Hollywood shitter is silly, let alone the idea that they were breakable.

>he thinks archers had any use except as defensive cucks or to open battles with arrow fire
archers were shit and useless by themselves which is why they had to be employed in the hundreds to have any actual effect, or they had to be stuck on top of castle walls to avoid getting BTFO by melee CHADS

All double headed weapons are mechanically good on D&D 3. You save feats and the offhand have a good damage dice. They are absolutely retarded and ugly as sin tho.

Special mention to the double flail.

Attached: 1*nO3y2wXa61SSAh9YyzDuFA.png (940x788, 668K)

Aw man i love slings.

>powerful af
>extremely high skill ceiling
>can write messages on your bullets.

>mfw dual wielding
>mfw some people think that it is viable
>mfw some fat retard tried to argue with me that Vikings historically fought with one axe in each hands

Attached: 3DPD.gif (420x315, 2.94M)

Are Gnomes fucking retarded?

They have +2 int IIRC. Literally too smart.

Throwing knives are in a lot of FPS tho, I'm not sure people used them historically tho

Poleaxes were pretty good in Chivalry and Mordhau

Slings are fucking terrifying. I’ve seen how far and accurate some guys can use them, and apparently there were places where they were standard army equipment and they were extremely skilled in using them.
Imagine being a fully armoured nigga and and suddenly getting bombarded by rocks travelling at 150km/h.
And the weapon is so fucking simple and efficient, not to mention easy to transport, that it makes spearfags cry

It also lets kill one guy twice

I didn't say they were clashing together but bronze and some iron blade bent and broke regularly. There are accounts from Caesar's Gallic commentaries of Gauls stepping on their swords to bend the blades straight after combat. One good bash on a scutum could break a blade.

ITT: every user is an expert on medieval weaponry combat yet have probably never so much as shot an arrow

>mfw when duel wielding
>tfw my off hand weapon is my shield
>mfw the only game that even has an inkling of this is both shit and applied it to some faghag knight

Attached: 1555817417515.png (1078x1344, 952K)

Looks like you only just barely got rid of my 4 mirror images, too bad you can't do that again.
Did I mention I can fireball 2 more times?

Too much soul emanating from this image, DS2 is a masterpiece

Axes are larger heavier blades than swords. They trade precision and grace for durability and the power to effortlessly lop off limbs and hack through toughened materials. A blade on each side of the axe allows the wielder to strike again without having to reposition the axe as much thus saving time and energy. It makes it quicker to strike a second time.

>duel

Fuck, meant dual.

Attached: 1561042306244.jpg (418x444, 45K)

Uhmmm actually, you don’t shoot arrows, sweetie.
BTW did you know bows shouldn’t be dexterity based, but rather strength based, as you need strong back muscles to draw a bow? Just an interesting fact.

And it's extremely easy to get ammo, unlike bows.

>double flail

holy shit that's hilarious. not only do you get to hit yourself with one large spikey death ball, but you get TWO spikey death balls in the face for the price of one!

>tfw bard
>tfw having sex with both your gfs while you’re sperging out

How the fuck do you use that flail

git gud

Dude watch the camera.

>every spear is a pike
>every spear has a head with one point and no edges, must be round I guess?
>bracing the haft and blocking with your hands spread is somehow not more effective than parrying with a sword with one hand or your hands close together
>spears somehow dont give you better leverage in general over a sword
Okay you are just retarded

Like a kayak paddle of course.

I can't believe how many instrumentalists died during wars, what kind of idiot would go play music on the frontline? Why did they always die in small spaces?

CHARIOTS CHADS RISE UP

Swing it above your head when not using it, swing down when you want to hit something, lose your balls when you miss.

>literally only viable in the bronze age

no thanks I'll take my pollaxe and full plate armor over some faggy horse

I have a compound I fuck about with fairly regularly. I don't say this to qualify me as an expert, more to lend context to my next point:
I have a friend who let me meet a guy who makes proper yew longbows for reenactment/to justify the existence of wales.
Those things are no fucking joke. I'm not sleeknteers but I've got some reasonable game, and planted on the ground I could just barely get the fucking thing to bend. I also made the guy mad because dry firing those bastards is terrible for them, sorry Jim. There's a reason guns and crossbows overtook the practice and its not because longbows were shit, its because you had to be a goddamn addonis to use them clearly, and it just had to be cheaper to get your pleb levies to use the "simpler" alternatives.

You have to agree that chariots are stylish as fuck

carefully.

Not him but nah. Do you really want a 2 thousand pound animal to tug you around in a wooden cart without a back end, wooden wheels, and no suspension?

so is armor

Attached: file.png (800x1067, 1.07M)

too wide, look like made of plastic, don't look sharp at all

see how menacing Ebony Blade looks. It looks like a weapon, because it got basic proportions right.

Off topic, but you realise sleekntears is the art name of the girl that shoops all those images, not gigachad, right?

>plebius rictus kills you by tossing a rock
>if you didn't accidentally beheaded yourself while hitting a branch

A double axe is a wood cutting tool. Like many weapons used in medieval times, it was a tool converted for battle, not one made specifically for battle.

Forgot image

Attached: 9255A946-C3BF-4762-89EA-736D1F57A49B.png (1027x384, 427K)

>tfw no one shares my appriciation of migration era swords
this must be how it feels to have patrician taste

Attached: 1513927002205.jpg (736x1531, 139K)

It was rarely used for battle like all your other meme "weapons". Maybe once or twice when an army tried fighting woodcutters for some reason.

That would still...technically be correct then. Hopefully.

Wtf i thought giga chad was real

archers were also trained in melee combat. Remember story of French knights BTFO by English longbowmen? It's not arrows that did the killing.

he's real, he just hides his power level whenever someone forgets to put a monochrome filter on.

I didn't say it wasn't rarely used.

They weren't "converted" for battle. At most it was some guy picking it up because there was literally nothing else for him to use at that moment.

Ÿeah, but saying “I’m not pic related but I’m pretty strong and even I couldn’t pick up a big rock” sounds a bit off

Not sure if serious

>no crossguard

no thanks

Fuck me, forgot the image again

Attached: 30346122-EB84-4B6D-955B-82B566B5D6A0.jpg (1080x1315, 67K)

tfw no lumberjack dwarves that migrate between a line of starforts as they harvest trees and practice slash/burn agriculture.

Attached: 1554738698416.png (240x137, 34K)

Crécy or Agincourt, its fair to say that 50% of the loss is contributed to the general tactical shambles of the French. Agincourt was a classic case of French Knights playing too much fucking M&B and running off by themselves in chad cavalry wedges before getting fucking mullered, combined with rain ruining all the crossbow tennis. Crécy was just awful positioning plus Knights still not learning their lesson + What happens if you march your skirmishers through a fucking swamp.

Small children with spud guns could have won Crécy. This isn't to disparage the effectiveness of the longbowmen, more to indicate just how much Charlemagne and Sir Robert must have been rolling in their graves.

>enemies are at the door
>won't be able to reach my gears in time
>gotta pick whatever is the closest
>it's a double-headed axe
>run away instead screaming and flailing my arms in panic
>survive

Battle slingshots didn't use rocks, but pointy lead and iron bullets. They could pierce into body pretty deep, and were harder to remove than arrows. Special tools were designed to get them out of injured soldiers.

Maybe it's for balance. Also adds more weight to the blows. Like other anons mentioned aswell, if one edge gets dull, you can switch sides, increases longevity before sharpening is required.

Yeah your arms are usually bigger when you’re obese

yep, people forget that if you could afford full plate, you could certainly afford ornaments to make them stylish as fuck

>blunt or chip one blade
>flip axe around and have new razor-edged blade
also
>throw axe
>axe twice as likely to hit with blade instead of handle/stock

Most of them look strait up like fucking paddles

Attached: 1536960238371.png (250x186, 54K)

Based.

Actually, being rich was the best protection. People rather capture you for ransom than kill you.

>that one asshole that made his sling bullets out of gold

They used carved rocks, clay, lead or iron.

>A double axe is a wood cutting tool.
I call bullshit because that would be a waste of material, off balances the axe for it’s intended purpose, and serves no function if used like that.
Slightly true but also potentially very untrue given how widely used axes were as a weapon. So chances are there were more than there are remains. Also they get more common depending on where you draw the line at poleaxes.

that is why you use a shield þrell

Attached: 13516473_918274671627685_3615695624361028909_n.jpg (720x960, 194K)

Virgin infantrymen vs chad horse archer.

>fighting at all
Who else is "kicking and screaming and getting raped" here?

Attached: rape.jpg (1280x880, 368K)

>dual-wielding two two-headed two-bladed axes for 8 blades in total

Attached: 400.jpg (315x400, 95K)

It's faster to use the other side of the ax rather then take it back to thw village to sharpen it again

>needing a shield

Attached: file.png (570x760, 522K)

Swingin the chain, swinging the chain

Those dudes are really bad at raping

>tfw rogue
>not realizing that was me with disguise kit and you are gay now

It’s not faster than just putting an extra axe on the cart from the start.

Please name a good use for the Gnome Hooked Hammer. Thank you.

I’m a bard, banging dudes too just makes me that much more effective

>I call bullshit

well you're an idiot, look it up. They use them even today. One side is sharp for cutting and one side is dull for splitting.

Plate armour is a shield that you wear pleb

Gnomes are small, that’s effectively a much longer handle than it appears, and they probably have some midget tactics for the spike, like feinting a hammer strike, then sliding between your legs and opening up your ballsack with the spike.

>not growing a pair of extra arms and quad-wielding 4of these
Casul.

Attached: DoubleDoubleAxe.jpg (360x317, 26K)

>sacrificing superior aesthetics for protection

Attached: 1548295733461.jpg (1200x1600, 855K)

>I call bullshit because that would be a waste of material, off balances the axe for it’s intended purpose, and serves no function if used like that.

armor is armor. shield is a handheld protection device

>It's just gonna add more weight

Ding ding ding. The answer's right in front of you. The added weight makes it better for cleaving enemies and battering shields. The double sided blade is for after you've already struck someone and need to attack a person coming up behind you. Instead of trying to flip the axe over in time, you can pull the axe out and strike in a singular motion without reducing velocity.

One is for chopping the tree trunk and the other is for cutting off branches,

Think about this scenario: You're in battle, you're cornered, with one nigger in front of you and another nigger behind you. The leap at you, rap music blaring from their bodies, nike logo getting ever closer, you strike the first one facing you with your axe, then a second later you jerk the axe back and kill the other ape, without even rotating the axe. Congratz, because of this two-headed axe, you survived a nigger invasion.

Man, I'm really tempted to reply to this with
>each head serves two different functions
>implying it counts when the axe in question isn't the lumberjack equivalent to a ballpeen hammer

Good thing I didn't.

Double bit axes are what you’re describing and are newer technology. You’d have a musket or possibly a rifle around then.

Doubling the weight also means you can swing it significantly less as you have to work your body hard to move it around. Also means it's slow to swing and recover with making you open to more attacks.

>not putting 4 blades where the hafts meet

>rap music blaring from their bodies

Attached: 18190857_1384764491585484_2063873263_n.jpg (399x385, 28K)

Wizard here, the other one was a troglodyte I polymorphed for fun lmao

you can do the same with a sword though

and assuming the nike brand clothing is only +1 armor a long-sword will go right through it.

Mechanically it is usually a double weapon, which means you would be hitting with both sides in a single action. I just don't see how you would do that effectively, especially with the spike pointing towards you.

There's a reason Battleaxes aren't a common weapon

I guess your right. I didn't realize it only went back to 19th century. I thought it went back farther being such a simple design

>but many stick are strong
Like a mighty faggot

They were never told how women worked.

Yes, which is why "females using bows" is one of my all-time griefances for fantasy tropes. Ever seen an archer? Guys guys arms like lumberjacks. Pulling back bows is straneous as fuck on your arms. Not to mention women are terrible shots, men have evolved around judging distances better for hunting. It's a trope that needs to die.

Attached: archer_by_i_guyjin_i-d6x7x80.jpg (925x1450, 171K)

>One side is sharp for cutting and one side is dull for splitting
So that's what they use during MtF surgery!

>he doesn't know about nigger alchemy
They might have +40 damage resistance from crack

Is called fasces, you pleb.

Attached: roman_fasces_6.jpg (770x345, 90K)

>"females using bows" is one of my all-time griefances for fantasy tropes
I just lump that with "females in warfare". Is pretty dumb overall.

Is becoming a jockey viable if you’re 5’4?

Asking for a friend.

Mr Hands didn't had any problem at first.

There are tons of examples of women in warfare though you retarded incel.

Attached: 8547853237.png (500x459, 203K)

He said the word

I wish there were more single-bladed axes in games- hatchets are pretty sexy. That's part of the reason why I liked AC3 as much as I did.

Attached: 1564844947736.jpg (952x960, 145K)

>tfw no big tittied minecraft gf

have sex incels

>vidya weapons logic thread
>starts off with reasonable people saying "its fantasy, dont take it too seriously"
>devolves into literal retards arguing that these obviously impractical fantasy weapons designed by needs to look cool, would somehow be superior to irl weapons designed and perfected over thousands of years by people whose lives depended on them

Fantastic argument, please, tell me more.

>blocks your path

Attached: zweihänder.jpg (425x425, 9K)

some were ok in oblivion

It is most likely for fantasy "wow, impressive" factor. Usually, when people are playing fantasy rpgs and action games, they prefer visually enticing, imagination-stoking designs. Save your super-realism for some other field, please. It's boring.

Attached: 1533637288147.jpg (3200x2400, 1.13M)

>not dual wielding those, and then attaching one to your hat
pleb

Attached: 61Uc6EcZ21L._UX679_.jpg (679x679, 39K)

>blocks YOUR path

Attached: 1517736241100.png (602x352, 71K)

but are there any games or other pieces of media that do Landsknecht Kino right?

Attached: 7x60kftpvr6z.jpg (518x700, 52K)

UGLY

Attached: 1511967790545.jpg (1100x766, 329K)

people were and still are stupid user

It's in Mordhau, I dunno if they do it right though.

How would you break this formation Yea Forums?

Attached: 1546594642772.jpg (1552x912, 104K)

works for both romans and hoplites

Attached: 1494073182490.jpg (1540x545, 75K)

My mind can only see this in an anime fight scenario

Like you swing the axe downward full force then let go of it

Get on the other side of the handle and grabing it with your opposite arm beginning to swing it upwards

Is this viable in an actually viking battle ?

>Using something that the pope already banned
You better be using it against heathens.

>Dire Flail
A very appropriate name because. I would assume they let people pick weapons and the people who pick that one or the Gnome hook just sort themselves out of the gene pool.

>viking battle
As in killing women and children in a surprise attack and flee against any opposition like the snownigger you are? Yes, anything works in that scenario.

>As in killing women and children in a surprise attack and flee
You forgot rape, the rape part is important.

Yeah, my bad. How can I forget one of the pillars of the snownigger culture?

Find a flaw with this double-barrelled combination Halberd/pistol. Protip: There are no downsides.

Attached: large_DI_2011_0607 (1).jpg (1920x697, 55K)

>why is a double-edged axe bad?
I'm not that other user, but I'll give some reasons for why I think it's not a good idea. Keep in mind a double edged axe is not bad, because it's still a workable axe, it's just not as good as it could be.
-the second blade would make it a little more difficult to draw quickly (not such a problem if it's a two hander)
-a hooked spike can be better for pulling spears or shields out of the way
-most importantly having a spike or hammer on the other end makes the weapon far more useful against armor

Attached: battle axe replica.jpg (600x812, 136K)

how could people do this without getting huge gaping cuts in their palms?

Swords aren't lightsabers, man.

Attached: mfw he starts halfswording.jpg (370x322, 36K)

At least part of it has to be hollow in order for it to function as a pistol meaning that it is more easily broken and destroyed when force is applied to it.

oh boy here we go again

it's very basic physics. Pressure against a sharp blade generally doesn't cut unless there is a slicing motion. moreover they way they grip the blade keeps the cutting edge away from their palms. and on top of that they ALSO tend to wear hand protection (usually some sort of gauntlet with leather or layered cloth gloves etc)

Skall is a fucking furry nigger but he still made a decent video on the topic so watch it

youtu.be/vwuQPfvSSlo

maces were also hollow to save on weight. it's not an issue as long as the barrel is thick enough

lmao

that's not how logic works. the creator only sets up the basic premise and everything then must follow

This fucking video, user, I've scoured far and wide for it, and I found the source, but it's long dead and unavailable anywhere, not to buy, not to download. It's truly a fucking tragedy to the whole of mankind.

What are you even talking about, the feet lady?

Yes.

Feet is one of the most mainstream fetishes, you'll be fine user, there's plenty of content to quench your thirst fore salty soles.

That handle looks very uncomfortable.

I know, and trust me, I've amassed plenty of content. But these, these ones are among the top 0.50% of feet I''ve seen. They''re fucking incredible. I have the set of like 6 pictures but the video is lost forever to the annals of time.

Maces were generally a lot shorter. Its easier to break a long hollow object than is to bring a long and hollow object. It seems easier to just carry a pistol and a Halberd instead of combining them like a retard.

My brain is fucked. Its easier to break a long hollow object than it is to break a short hollow object.

Kristen Stewart still has the best feet imo

Footfags burn in fucking hell.

Oh boy I sure love feet!
t. Normie McNormalfag

They were made for people know HOW to wield them, trained for it for a long time. These twoheaded axe users also have the means and strength to use them that would be greatly difficult for everyone else. And they are almost always superhumanly strong as well.

Peasants didn't give a shit about that, and if they did your shitheel overlord would just take the ransom for himself anyways. If a knight fell in a mob of farmers, the first thing they'd do is ram as many daggers through his visor as they could fit.

But what's the actual point? Even if you have superhuman strength and skill wouldn't you rather have a big spike on the other end as a counterweight and additional offensive option vs armour rather than an identical blade?

Also if you're really THAT strong wouldn't you be better off with a Naginata or something? Way more range while preserving slashing and thrusting options. Due to the long lever even a hit with the haft would do considerable damage if you have great strength, being basically a quarterstaff hit(and those easily kill people).

>It'd be better at dealing with shields and heavy armor
At the period big-fuck Dane axes were being used armor was at best a mail hauberk with maybe an aventail or other bit of protection, you wouldn't need a spike to fuck someone up. As with a shield its easier to just hook it with the axe head and let the guy behind you with another big fucking axe bring it down on his skull.

Because in non-game TES lore everyone isn't running around in Glass/Ebony/Daedric gear, orc shit is still higher quality than iron/steel and that's what the majority of the races use.

That is oldrim, LE was the goty edition.

Rule of cool, my brother. Two-headed axes look way nicer than one-headed, even if one-headed is more practical.

All people are different, they all have different tastes and favorites. And it's also likely they are fighting against equally or more powerful beings that actually need something like an axe to put a scratch on them, they switch to the other axe head when the first one is too dull to do any real cutting damage, and even if both heads of the axe became dull, they still weigh a lot to cause significant blunt force trauma.

It's all fantasy in the end, superhuman beings wield extremely heavy and deadly weapons and swing them like they were twigs, while a regular normal human would need to drag one on the ground to move it. And then there's those mother fucking dwarves in Dark SOuls II that used anvils as an improvised warhammer weapon, that's crazy amount of strength.

>mail hauberk
That kind of mail is actually amazingly good at stopping slashes but is weak to thrusts. An axe can only slash/cut with the blade, you need a spike either on the back end or on top to really deliver thrusting damage.

A big axe with a long haft doesn't need to slash, A full swing will have enough force to easily crush any part of your body behind mail.

t. low test

Attached: foot chad.jpg (3965x2729, 1.86M)

Being super strong doesn't suddenly make leverage non-existent. An axe is goot at delivering cuts because it has a lot of weight at the end of a decently long haft. If you put that weight on a spear-length haft you'll be doing even more damage with way more range.

Axes, swords, maces, etc. are inherently backup weapons as their main strength is that they can be easily carried on the belt and used as backup once your main weapon(usually some sort of spear) can't be used for whatever reason.

Possible, but the effect would be greater with a spike(due to thrust penetration) or a hammer back end(due to better force dissipation). An axe blade is just far from the optimal shape if that's what you're going for.

>Crossbowmen
BASED

Poor fucking MELEE RETARDS that can't afford one deserve their death lmao

The Crossbow is the #1 weapon of the GIGACHAD who knows they can put down any foe (armored or not lol nice plate retard) in their own time.
Gets together with other RICH, SEXY, RIPPED CROSSBOW CHADS to form a KILLING FRAT and win the day SINGLE HANDEDLY.

Did you know the King of France (Louis the Buttfucker) complained because crossbows allowed wealthy mercenaries to kill his battle-trained, extremely expensive (and outdated) sons of minor nobles called """""""knights""""""" with barely a parting thought?

BASED CROSSBOWS.

Attached: 1558815227049.jpg (788x685, 83K)

Crossbowmen can't hold a candle to the based arquebusiers.

Attached: best thing to ever happen in europe.jpg (3484x2404, 3.17M)

nothing wrong with that its basically a reduced version of a mace

>Axes, swords, maces, etc. are inherently backup weapons as their main strength is that they can be easily carried on the belt and used as backup once your main weapon(usually some sort of spear) can't be used for whatever reason
Based revisionist retard.

I wholeheartedly agree and I can see you are a man of real wisdom and character. That may be the case, but it is important to know the Arquebusier only came into existence after the CROSSBOW THUNDERCOCK mind-raped the virgin meleetards for a solid 300 years before the Arquebus came onto the field in any number. The Arquebus is the spiritual successor to the crossbow, receiving and holding aloft the torch lit by the first BIG-BRAINED CHAD to overcome retard clubswinging and throw a rock instead.

Are ballistics, dare I say it, the CHADDEST martial practice?

Attached: 1557093954419.jpg (900x900, 70K)

It's also important to mention the biggest pre-medieval CHADS, the slingers. While archer cucks and javelin fags couldn't get around a shieldwall these mad men literally won battles by throwing rocks. The kinetic force was easily able to knock out or kill men through helmets and armour.

Attached: ancient chad.jpg (458x640, 97K)

>Did you know the King of France (Louis the Buttfucker) complained because crossbows allowed wealthy mercenaries to kill his battle-trained, extremely expensive (and outdated) sons of minor nobles called """""""knights""""""" with barely a parting thought?
And later, the Kingdom of France fired thousands of bowmen, hired a few hundred mercenary crossbowmen, and got completely fucked a second time by english longbowmen because superior firerate beat pure strength in war.

I want big tiddy hammer

Attached: 3075081-screen shot 2019-01-13 at 12.32.55 pm.png (962x922, 843K)

I love them, and if I ever win the lottery I plan on getting one from that site.

i wan big tiddy

Attached: aah.png (765x709, 682K)

Warband: Viking Conquest and Done 2 got you covered

Attached: MB_slingers.jpg (1424x844, 430K)

Not baggy enough arms and limited coloring/pattern options. Also out of place since most everything else is ~13th century or earlier.

Here's your historically accurate war hammer, sir.

Attached: warhammer replica historical.jpg (1024x1024, 53K)

>wasn't the axe the favored weapons of amazons
no it wasn't , they're described as archers
Minoan priestesses wore ceremonial two-headed axes IRL

Attached: AMI_-_Goldene_Doppelaxt[1].jpg (2560x1920, 2.42M)

>miss a swing
>don't have to flip the entire blade around to try a follow up
This isn't rocket science.

BIGGER

based

ds2>ds1>ds3

play KCD, it's mace / warhammer porn

Spears aren't fun game weapons though.

They were my favorite weapons in Souls games

The labrys was associated with divinity in the bronze age, both male and female. Most famously it was used as a symbol with female divinity in ancient Crete. The Labryinth uses this base word, so it means "House of the double headed axe". In Roman Crete ~1500yr later, the labrys was associated with the amazon myth.

This only works if you spin around like a retard in varied directions.

I fucking hate these retarded hammers.

Now that's a nice one.

>longbowman
>eat 20kg of meat a day to keep up muscle mass
>20000:20 vision
>practice 25 hours a day
>then 25 hours of mainting beautiful equipment
>get shot by random fat cunt with a crossbow and a 30 second training speech

>actual war hammer
>BIGGER
But sir, we already did our best to maximize how effective this war hammer is. It's light enough for a warrior to wield quickly in one hand, but also mangles and punches through armor to break bones. It has the reach it needs for more power while also being short enough to be used when grappling. This war hammer can be used as a sidearm and is available when you need to take down an armored foe up close.

If we changed it there would be trade offs and it probably wouldn't be as effective for you. If we make it bigger it will be heavier and slower, but it's already strong enough for you to fell a warrior in plate. If it's too long it won't be effective if you use it when wrestling with an armored knight. You do want a real war hammer don't you? You don't just want a ceremonial hammer that compromises real fighting ability just for looks, do you?

Already bought it. :)

I ain't fellating shit, you fag

>be medieval England
>shit out tons of mighty chads
>they have special eyes
>have myself a longbow army
When will silly French crossbow manlets learn?

Attached: english archer.jpg (718x960, 91K)

>Possible
Nigger, you're talking about a bunch of weight at the end of a very long pole. If the edge isn't doing you any good, you're still essentially smacking them with a fucking sledgehammer. It has the weight distribution of a fucking hammer, and it's fucking two-handed. You think you'd have any trouble hurting someone wearing mail with a regular-ass hammer?

my life is a lie

>Game has Swords, Axes, and Maces
>Swords are mechanically the best and usually look cool
>Axes usually suck compared to swords but hit hard and look badass
>One handed maces are trash mechanically and aesthetically
>2 handed mauls also still get outclassed by Greatswords and 2h Axes
So many games I go in thinking "I want to use maces" but then use something else because they're either shit, had no effort put into them, or both.

>*buuurp* I turned myself into a shield, morty, look at this, I'm plate riiick

back of the knee, maybe?

>continually headbanging to build velocity

You can still hammer them with it, it's just a fairly poor hammer. War hammers concentrate their force through a very small area, an axe blade against armor will spread out that force so their body will absorb it better and be less injured (you'd see a large bruise instead of a broken bone). Yeah you can HURT them with it, but the idea is to REALLY HURT or even LETHALLY WOUND them with it, and fast. Ideally you do it without needing huge telegraphed swings with a lot of follow through, because you're fighting warriors here not inanimate trees.

I'm not saying your way doesn't work. It did. I think it's just more difficult and less efficient, so that's probably why the Dane axe was used less against mail as time went on. Axes with back spikes and top spikes became more common and made into polearms.

>French crossbow manlets
Italian*

Not really. Japs used some funky mallets, guess what. Being hit by a fast-moving heavy object fucking hurts. As in jesus fuck ow why can I taste my fucking femur hurts. Size doesn't really matter much. It's not a pointed weapon. It's all about transferring force, and there's no real difference in how an axe or hammer is weighted.

>Italian
I'm not dissing on the Italians though. They not only had crossbows, but mercenary companies, sweet armor, and style.

Plus there's the Pope. I'm not going to dare getting excommunicated for this shit at least until Henry VIII.

congratulations: you made a rick and morty joke funny.

Shit like this makes me want to do some kind of RP that does have a decent balance for all the weapons.

the trick is you basically use it in one of three modes:
>Sickle mode for hooking and slicing bitches up
>Flail mode to bludgeon bitches and in the face
>Chain mode for choking bitches and tying them up.

A good user can move between all three pretty seemlessly, but you're really going to use moe than one 'mode' at a time.

those dudes look like they're really going through the motions going by the expressions on their faces.

I might be a weeb, but poleaxe chads like you be my yasukes.

Attached: 1353628670162.gif (300x169, 1.89M)

Chain isn't going to spread the force as much as you seem to think it will. An unblocked downward strike with a Dane axe will definitely crush the defenders skull or shoulder, which is how it was most effectively used. Also the war hammer didn't even come into records for nearly 400 years afterwards, of course its going to have an advantage, but obviously the axe worked well enough for the time since people kept using it for centuries.

The French primarily used Genoese mercenaries, they rarely fielded their own crossbow troops.

You're not reading and understanding the physics of it, user. You don't seem to understand that concentrated force is more harmful than diffused force, thus a knife stab is more lethal than a shove. That's okay though. You don't have to be smart to be conscript arrow fodder. Just listen to your commander and do everything we tell you.

You can get pretty close playing as Gigachad Markus Kruber in Vermintide 2, If you play as a mercenary and pick up a Greatsword, that is. Which you should because it's a good class.

Attached: 300px-Hero_mercenary.jpg (300x497, 18K)

Too bad GS is trash next to halberd, maul, or mace+shield now.

>It's just gonna add more weight
Well since you are already using the inferior axe option I guess this is actually a pro.

As I've said "Ideally you do it without needing huge telegraphed swings with a lot of follow through, because you're fighting warriors here not inanimate trees."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_axe
"While the use of the Dane axe continued into the 14th. century, axes with an armour piercing back-spike and spear-like spike on the fore-end of the haft became more common"

I wonder why axes seemed to transition over to having spikes, hmmm, could it be because they were improving to better counter things like mail?

it rally bothers me when fantasy setting have ridiculously huge axes and hammers but normal sized swords. warhammer does this

i regularly clear legend with sword and shield.you can use what ever you want in this game. havnt bothered with cata desu

>huge telegraphed swings
Pretty much irrelevant when you're fighting in a dense formation. Contrary to popular belief, vikings fought in a phalanx, not as dipshit berserkers, and the Dane axe was used like a proto-polearm, with the beard of the blade being effective at pulling/lowering shields so the man next or behind him to do the cleaving.
>I wonder why axes seemed to transition over to having spikes
Because by the 14th century plate started becoming more common, genius.

A hammer is not a pointed weapon. They're made to transfer force well, not concentrate it. Hammers are not piercing weapons. They are not designed to minimize the contact area. They're even broader towards the business end, to give them better grip. Chain is going to do absolutely jack shit to disperse any force from an axe or hammer. It is not made to disperse force. It's even worse than fucking cloth at dispersing force. It's not going to do squat. A square inch or a two-inch line, a 2-3 pound weight at the end of a 4+foot pole is going to break whatever bone gets in the way first all the same.

>More swinging options and better defensive capability.
This. Other anons like to pretend they were born in medieval gamer times when I literally am immortal and have seen it all.

What about this design tho

Attached: dwemer_battle_axe_.jpg (1031x775, 54K)

The point of a double-bit axe when cutting wood is to have two cutting edges with different bevels for different tasks, without having to grab a different tool every time.
I can't imagine it would be much different for a battle axe, but I don't think developers usually think past something "looking cool."

>can't into reading
Spiked battle axes became more common than Dane axes before actual plate armor though. My point about spikes transferring force better are completely correct. You even admit this as you argue when you admit that spikes are better against better armor.

Plate armor largely came into popularity in the 15th century, but alright some mail with plates started showing up even as early as the 13th century. Some Dane axes were still being used in the 14th century, and the 14th century is when war hammers were picking up in use as well. So yeah, your objection about the two being compared is well, just wrong.

>huge telegraphed swings are pretty much irrelevant when fighting in formation
Mattering less doesn't not mean "pretty much irrelevant". If you fail and you're left open for multiple people to stab you. You raise your weapon back before you swing it and you're again open to multiple people stabbing you. If they see your big swing you may have given them the fraction of a second they needed to defend themselves. Big swings take more of your energy and require more time, they're less efficient. You can do it, people certainly did it, but there are probably good reasons that spiked designs picked up usage even before plate armor.