Fallout 3+ hate thread

Fallout 3+ hate thread

Let's talk about how Bethesda completely fucked up the lore and setting for fallout so it resembles nothing like the original.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/64339
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody gives a fuck about the lore or continuity, it’s an amazing post apocalyptic game. I swear Yea Forums cares more about dumb story shit than anyone else

Fallout 3 is a great game and op is a fag

Deluded

engage in sexual intercourse with another consenting adult you celibate monk.

>1&2fags still seething
It's been what... 11? 12 years? Get the fuck over it. FO3 was a great game, even if it was a departure from the originals. I don't like the direction Ubi starting taking the entire Tom Clancy franchise back around 2005, but you don't see me making threads whining and crying about it over a decade later.

not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

1 > NV > 2 > 4 > 3
4 > 3 because 4 at least tried something original instead of retracing 1 and 2, 3 beats it in every other department except gunplay.

Shut up pete.

I will never stop seething, F3 ruined the franchise forever.

NV > 3 > 2 > 1 > Tactics > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 76

>comes into a thread to complain about complaining
Epic, epic for the win.

My complaining is righteous. Welcome to Yea Forums motherfucker.

Attached: 1551590036266.gif (500x213, 1003K)

The game is fun enough at the start where you're building your resources and equipment up.
Eventually you become too powerful for even deathclaws to threaten you thanks to the horrible game balance.
By that point, the novelty of exploring the big open wasteland and looking for quests wares off. As does turning raiders into gibs.

The story is worse than I remember and the ending is complete shit. Even the original creator of Fallout, who is on record as saying he likes 3, thought that a lack of ending slides was retarded.

Fallout 3 aged horribly. I think it's okay ultimately, particularly the first 10 hours when you're looking for better equipment and hunting down nuka cola quantum, but after that it just becomes a buggy slog.
You can probably mod it into being good but Christ.

We wouldn't have constant New Vegas threads if nobody cared about the story and lore.
New Vegas is just a less broken version of Fallout 3 but is saved by the story and characters.

Attached: f50.jpg (960x1080, 110K)

>"Stop having opinions!"

When NuBethesda under Todd reign will develop their own personality? So far, they are just living of the work of better people from Julian Lefay to Tim Cain, decades stealing their work, it is kind of sad to watch. I actually pity Todd, I know the guy must be really rich but it must be sad to look in the mirror and to know you are such creatively bankrupt designer and such a hack, a successful hack, but money isn't everything and you can't fool your own conscience with lavish undeserved praise.

The scorched on Fallout 76 and the Institute on Fallout 4 are what happen when Bethesda tries to make new factions, really sad to see.

It is really funny those people shilling for Bethesda, defending Bethesda retconning. They are being duped by little Todd and they don't even know it.

"Oh this isn't important..." or "Because there is no lore about BoS being out of California, it doesn't mean they weren't." ... such bullshit.

Guess what, John Gonzalez, Avellone and Sawyer took lore seriously and resuscitated the old Van Buren design docs and, guess what, created the most interesting conflicts between factions on the Fallout lore since Fallout 1 and 2 that is actually extremely thematic for the Fallout universe , this is what happens when you take lore seriously and actually dedicate yourself to add some artistic merit to your work.

What Todd did all this time with the Fallout lore? Fucking nothing, just living of other people work.

Those people are just excusing Todd into his pattern of resurrecting ghosts to see if he can squeeze some last milk from them, he is that desperate. Just raping a corpse to see if he can bring it back to life one last time.

Well, at least worked for Todd, he is filthy rich, that is the only thing people like him seems to care anyway. Bethesda is the prime example of why I'm against intellectual property.

Legitimately, Fallout 3 isnt terrible at all. If you have some issues with it, that's perfectly acceptable, but at least they attempted to pander to the original audience (feel free to disagree, it is a discussion after all)

Fallout 4, on the other hand, is where Bethesda went to shit. Say what you want about the park tree, mechanics, soulless world, ect. They literally stopped caring about any lore/story building up at this point. Everything about that game felt like "YEP WE OWN FALLOUT NOW BITCHES GET OVER IT!" Like Super Mutants were literally DUMPED into the game. Literally. "Eh, let's just say the Institute was making them but then they went to wasteland. Because Synths!!" Like, I'd be okay with Synths, I'd like an original idea of some kind if it was done correctly. But god fucking damn. It's almost like Fallout 4 takes place in it's own universe. The way enemies went from having super deep back stories, and reasons for showing up in the world around you, the way everything connected, down the drain. We went from super descriptive reasons for why ghouls existed, to "Meh, let's just throw a ghoul kid in a fridge and not explain anything. It's a game about a futuristic wasteland with talking mutants after all!" That's their actual logic.

Fuck Bethesda. Fallout 4 might be fun to play, but it's a terrible rpg and horrific Fallout game.

>Don't make threads over decade+ old opinions!
would be more appropriate. Now stop putting quotation marks in your greentext and either go back or lurk more.

user I don't understand. Are you saying you don't like killing generic raiders and orange super mutants?
Are you saying you don't like the idea of nobly sacrificing yourself to follow in your father's footsteps?

Let's just not forget the lore was pretty flip flop even then with mistakes. Like Mrs. Bishop being addicted to Jet before Myron even existed, the constant flip flop on ghouls even in the Fallout Bible between Sawyer and Avellone. The fucking existence of Tactics and BoS.

Make me, faggot.

>Don't make threads over decade+ old opinions!

Opinions don't have an expiration date you mouth breather.

Yeah the series wasn't perfect but it really took a nosedive with 3.
Fallout stopped being Fallout.

In exchange we got a mediocre shooter rpg, (3), a good open world shooter (4) and dogshit (76)

I think I would have preferred more traditional Fallout games.

>Opinions don't have an expiration date you mouth breather.
Their relevancy does. Also good job on leaving out the quotation marks. Now work on your line spacing. You're almost there.

Bitch hating is pointless, suggest a decent alternative instead of raging.
It's not, you're not proposing anything, you're not doing anything to make things better.

So should I buy atom rpg?
Or stop playing video games altogether.

Are you implying that people should only talk about relevant things on Yea Forums?

>Get into the series through 3
>Think it's a pretty cool game, really unique
>Play the hell out of 3 and do everything
>Later
>New Vegas is a thing
>Play that
>It's like 3 but better in almost every way
>Calls reference to a bunch of stuff that came before it and 3
>Start looking into the lore of 1 and 2
>Find it to be very interesting
>4 is announced
>"We stripped down all of the rpg elements and are pandering to current trends."
>Don't buy or play 4
>Feel resentful towards 76

Did anyone else have this experience?

Attached: 3e8.png (480x1095, 211K)

In terms of creating a thread solely to bitch about shit that doesn't matter anymore, yes. While I agree the changes made with FO3 shaped the franchise to date, they certainly aren't going anywhere. Yea Forums loves to sit around and bitch and moan all fucking day. I'm guilty of it too. But sometimes it just gets tiresome. Why not just hop on /vr/ and make a retro Fallout appreciation thread? Or even do it here for that matter? You start a thread with worthless negativity and all you're going to get is worthless negativity in return. This could have been a wholesome, comfy thread about the originals, but OP decided to be combative right from the start.

People can talk about whatever games they want regardless of how negative the conversation is you pretentious cunt, fuck off.

Fuck off Pete.

I for one wonder what the hell kind of factions are they gonna use in FO5. Are they really gonna do more BoS? Does it pose any more questions that haven't been addressed already? Are muties bad and what do we do with tech? Seriously Bethesda, no more repeated factions. In fact, no more main quests. They're legitimately terrible, both in 3 and 4. They might as well not exist, it just reduces the experience.

Yes, except I never bothered with new Vegas.

I can also talk about your mom's gaping pussy. Doesn't mean it's worth anything.

I doubt Bethesda is going to feel like doing another direct sequel.
With all the backlash the franchise is receiving, part of me hopes that, based on that, Todd is going to change direction, at least a little bit.
He already admitted he fucked up the dialogue in 4.

Maybe they'll set the game closer to the west coast and stop fucking around with the terrible east coast setting they've been dicking around with in 3 and 4.

Maybe we'll get a prequel.

what are you smoking?
4 was just 3's story with reversed roles and ripping off blade runner with muh synths.

Attached: 345234.jpg (400x417, 35K)

Don't care about 3, what are the opinions on this mod?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/64339

>Normalfags and everyone else loves the game
>It's everyone else who is deluded, not me!

This but I let myself get caught up in the hype for 4 and played it, went from enjoying it, to being passive about it to hating it over my playthrough as I realized just how much of everything that made me like the series was gutted or gone.

Is bleed worth using If I plan to use a mod like JSawyer ultimate?

The original died due to lack of a fanbase though.
Why follow the lead of the failures that led to that?

same
tho I did pirate fallout 4 a year ago, played it for 2 hours and then uninstalled it

Attached: AMR.jpg (1332x850, 147K)

Roy fucked up and quite a few of BLEED's settings dont work at all without TTW on.

Personally for difficulty I run JSawyer Ultimate, use a combo of Deus Ex Weapon Spread to remove bloom spread and add in ammo based kickback, then set DEWS's enemy penalty to light so they dont become supergod crackshots. All in all works pretty well.

The random encounters were better done in Fallout 3 than NV, but NV had better everything else in terms of making it feel more like Fallout.

My one suggestion would’ve been to add MORE random encounters with varied conclusions and quests. Fallout games were very heavy on the RNG during travel.

Wait, forgot to mention I use Real Recoil for the kickback. Immersive Recoil is another alternative you could use.

It's one of NV's biggest damn flaws that hurts repeat playthroughs. At this point I've memorized every exact encounter zone from Goodsprings to Boulder City. Part of the fun of 3 and 4 was not knowing exactly what was going to be lurking around that area at any given time. Once had a fucking Deathclaw spawn in 4 right by Walden Pond even somewhat early on.

> Todd rode the coattails of his betters
> Get rid of IP laws so I can do the same

That isn't pity that is jealousy.

>Got in through 3, loved it (from MD, lived in Alexandria VA and worked in DC at the time which gave it bonus points and having also worked inside Raven Rock gave it double bonus points)
>Played NV, enjoyed but never finished it. Atmosphere didn't grab me as much plus other IRL stuff going on at the time
>played 4, it was okay, got to the Institute but never actually finished it
>76 was a hard pass

I'd like to play 1 and 2 at some point but I probably never will.

normiepilled opinion

Keep crying incel

They were gracious enough to not touch the original west coast setting at least.

>shoot robot
>lose karma

Attached: Button_Gwinnett.jpg (900x675, 282K)

You're destroying history.

I'm destroying history by shooting anything pre-war.

This your mistake

Mod New Vegas into Oblivion without changing it too much

Thank me later

Attached: bait eternal.png (855x634, 364K)

Yeah but a telephone or a computer terminal can't recite to you the entire life of an American founding father from an accurate first person perspective.

Well yeah. But it was fun as hell. And realistically it's the best Fallout game bethsofts published... except for NV of course.

>from an accurate first person perspective.
Neither can that faulty protectron.

This is a really confusingly worded post at first glance. And even afterwards it makes little sense.
>mod the fuck out of it but not too much okay
Also NV is highly overrated. Great game. Highly overrated.

>hating Fallout 3
Fuck off. I completely understand hating 4 (and 76) because that game is somehow worse story and lore wise, but Fallout 3 is a genuinely good installment and reimagining of the series. Sure, it'll never beat New Vegas in terms of story and gameplay, but it's still enjoyable.

Compare it to 4 which literally rehashes 3's story, but instead of your father you're looking for your son. The institute is an objectively worse villain than the enclave. And remember, 3 didn't have a voice actor and every dialogue option wasn't yes. Actions had consequences in 3. 4 had absolutely none.

Some honestly fun sidequests too like You Gotta Shoot Them In The Head, the Reily's Rangers rescue, heading into Andale for the first time and the like.

DLC wise it was spotty, Point Lookout and Pitt were neat, but Anchorage was a linear slog, and Zeta at higher levels was sponge samey city with those shielded aliens.

>fucked up the lore and setting
Couldn't care less about that.
They could retcon and make an enclave game for all I care.

The real tragedy is the abysmal gameplay and removal of features from previous games.
The only good thing nu fallout has is exploration. but even that they fucked it up in 4 with copy pasted dungeons and barely any vaults

Attached: 1452465783-fallout-2-fan-art-cold-encouters-by-cryinghorn-d4z8ccz.jpg (1183x676, 156K)