ITT: Zoomer repellent

Attached: Gordon-Freeman-on-Half-Life-1-box-cover-gordon-freeman-25689139-500-645.jpg (500x645, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

games.ign.com/articles/806/806770p5.html
vocaroo.com/i/s12xfW4dEMH7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am old therefore i am better.

HL was the first Zoomer game.

Attached: 16ed8dd9a0a698c7d5cde3e692af31fc.jpg (600x500, 123K)

dumb memebrain

Attached: 40DD3096-545B-4FB8-B02D-EF4B03F73A1C.jpg (180x243, 11K)

Objectively true.

Duke was the first meme game.

Videogame towers suck now

I've actually been replaying HL1 and goddamn, it holds up so well. Still probably my favorite FPS of all time, it feels so tight, weapons feel pretty good, HCEU Marines are fun to fight, and the level design is superb.

Based

Played through it last November and Surface Tension is easily one of the greatest moments in video game history - at least top ten.

Attached: 250px-GTA2_Box_art.jpg (250x293, 23K)

I had fun time cruising around the cities but the story/missions were kinda meh.

NOOOOOOOOOO, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK LIKE THAT. I'M GETTING MY COPYPASTED ANTI HALF-LIFE TEXT READY RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

33 year old boomer, reporting in. You have to understand that in an effort to cut costs and maximize profits, vidya quality has really gone down. There are exceptions of course but those are usually labors of love and indie games.

*Sips*

Attached: 1566332431263m.jpg (823x1024, 82K)

But HL IS a Zoomer game. Why do you think HL is one of the few FPS to make it into those top 50 games of all time lists?

Replayed HL on hard for the first time a while back. That shit really does turn into the best survival game.

Zoomers circlejerk about half life all the time without having much knowledge about it just because it's a valve game and the meme of no HL3 wtf are you talking about (you)?

>popular bad

Half-Life has aged horribly. The whole game feels like "piecemeal situations: the game". The monsters don't compliment each other, so you end up with 'the marine part' or 'the alien grunt part' or shallow gimmicks like 'avoid this electrified floor while a bunch of headcrabs jump at you', instead of situations where you fight mixed groups of enemies that support each other and present interesting tactical challenges.

It doesn't help that Half-Life's level design is a massive downgrade from other classic FPS. It takes place in Black Mesa, this massive facility, but since it's completely linear, it doesn't take any advantage of that like Hexen, Strife and System Shock did with their non-linear hub worlds. At the same time, Half-Life also lacks the variety FPS like Duke Nukem 3D and Blood had with their self-contained levels that are all unique and varied, nor does it have something like Unreal's epic journey across an alien planet. It's the worst of both worlds. 95% of Half-Life is spent in generic industrial corridors.

based, opposing force was also kino
half-life 2 was revolutionary and still is fun, but the unskippable exposition from characters and worse arsenal is why i prefer the first one

And there's the first anti Half-Life copypaste. Go away, Epic Games Store employee

Attached: and thus the age of the boomer began.jpg (500x638, 124K)

Underrated fellow boomboom

t.

Attached: 1565541487204.png (269x323, 66K)

Wow, I can tell you didn't even make it up to the Questionable Ethics chapter.

>you're a zoomer if you think half-life is inferior to shooters OLDER than it
So...this is the level of intelligence of Half-Life fans...

Attached: 1555183439631.png (431x428, 22K)

I tried to play HL1 but the rail sections burnt me out hard the guns felt floaty not to mention the grenades were trash due to the lack of a proper physics engine and a lot of shitty levels have heavy padding, played Black Mesa and thought it was the best half life game I played so far, lots of guns and the survival horror atmosphere worked well and the huge selection of weapons felt natural in an experimental lab, opposed to HL2 were they have to bring you to a lab to give you some new gimmick weapon, so I went back played OF and BS, they were bad, opposing force tried to do new things at least but blue shift feels like a bunch of rejected levels that weren't good enough for OF packaged together to be sold off HL's name alone, I don't feel trying HL1 again is worth it

Attached: 1549693805169.jpg (1252x2048, 200K)

Why do I have the feeling this thread was specifically made to piss off a certain someone from /vr/

>Physics demo

I just did it on hard for the first time last week too, it totally changed the vibe when vortis and even headcrabs can totally fuck you, finally put me in the shoes of some dude at work instead of feeling like the son of god

This is every gta

>this entire thread

Attached: 1566100595361.gif (454x520, 2.48M)

I picked this game a couple of days ago for the first time and im having a blast, level design is amazing, atmosphere is amazing, graphics are amazing, sound is amazing, only bad thing is enemies being bullet sponges on hard, its a shame i missed this and others like Deus Ex, Thief, SS, Morrowind, etc back in the day

>lot of shitty levels have heavy padding
But Black Mesa has more padding and it improves the game.

How exactly did Halo became popular? The first game was good but the second one is a piece of shit that you can't even install without a Windows vista VM

>HL speed run
>5 mins strafe jumping
>45 mins unskippable scripted scenes

Look HL is good for 1 play through but aint no one wanna replay that shit again.

Attached: 1996graphics.jpg (720x480, 23K)

You might be mixing up HL and HL2.
Pretty sure the HL speedrunning community even agreed to completely skip the tram ride.

Attached: RoadToNowhere.jpg (640x360, 39K)

what speedrun are you talking about?

me and my zoomer friends have all played it along with cs and tfclassic as kids

Which levels does Black Mesa pad out? I got about half way into HL1 before dropping it years ago so I'm hazy on what levels they extended besides Zen. I do know they cut down the shitty levels like the rail segment is a lot shorter so the shooting the turning signs gimmick doesn't over stay its welcome

how tf did the rail sections burn you out? you can also just not use grenades

Nice

the original was better because the physics were smoother, but if you couldnt pass this level on the remake youre just shit. even the dlc wasnt too bad. Now the worst level is level 25 of crash 3 time trial run. But then again after about 10 or so runs you should have it.

>Which levels does Black Mesa pad out?
It doesn't really add anything except for Xen but it does give a ton of areas more breathing room and make them more believable locations. The cargo elevator in Unforseen Consequences or the open area atop the missile silo come to mind.

probably hl2

Attached: 87420B65-EF48-41DA-9E71-C8E6946901DC.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

I believe that is normal due to the masses of casuals who won't bother with having taste or standards so they will always devour the newest tripple A release,so big devs make money and will always follow this pattern to profit even more.

Attached: 1537810865483.png (658x569, 501K)

Unironically true

First zoomer game was Crysis an anyone who thinks otherwise is not old enough to remember.

I don't know, I think this is the case for me.
I'm 19 and have been playing Doom and mods my entire life and can probably play for the rest of it, but I really don't care for Quake all that much.
I don't know why, it's not like it's difficult like Build Engine games can get, but it just doesn't click well with me.
Maybe it has to do with modding not being as big as Doom's.
I don't dislike it at all I just go through the first episode, say "Eh." And just put it away.
It just feels like I'm missing something.

Attached: D4juh1QW0AA1T0e.jpg (1136x1200, 246K)

ALL FPS games are zoomer games. point n click adventure games, text adventure, RTS, Strategy are boomer games

Then garbage like DOOM came along and killed PC gaming by bringing in braindead children to the PC audience and killing the market of intellectual games

>First zoomer game was Crysis

>Crysis
>zoomer game
Most zoomers were too busy playing CoD4 to even know Crysis existed. Heck, Crysis didn't even win best graphcis award in the year it came out:

games.ign.com/articles/806/806770p5.html

>Best Graphics Technology: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (X360)

>Developer: Infinity Ward
>Publisher: Activision
>Release Date: November 2007

>This isn't the easiest category to judge. Call of Duty 4 won, but we can't proceed without tipping our metaphorical hat to Crysis. Crytek's CryEngine 2 is clearly capable of incredible things. The foliage, the lighting, the character models, the weapon effects -- it blows away everything else out there, but unfortunately no demo we've seen seems to run smoothly. It's getting pretty close to release for that game, and we don't want to have to buy a HAL 9000 to get that thing to run chop-free.

>And that bring us to our winner, Call of Duty 4. Infinity Ward's game not only looks spectacular but runs at a smooth clip. It boasts startlingly realistic character model animations and some amazing effects like the transition into night vision, along with the staggering amount of gunfire and explosions onscreen at once. From what we've seen, Call of Duty 4, through its visuals, is augmenting its immersive draw and enhancing its energetic gameplay through graphics that make it seem as though you're actually firing a gun, as though you're actually embroiled in a war.

Take your meds grandpa

>video games
>intellectual

Attached: 1562243237589.png (237x230, 10K)

This

>this entire post

Attached: 1563901201941.gif (333x250, 2.74M)

HL was the game that made FPS a cinematic linear corridor with setpieces genre, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a zoomer game.
The first true zoomer shooter was probably Borderlands..

Attached: 6f2cc1f4e5bd714349cf8b516f85aa38.jpg (1600x1200, 222K)

>playing Duke3D when you could play Quake
Fuck off zoomer.

2142 and brood war

Its so obvious IGN were complete console fanboys

This game is so janky it's even hard to play if you're into retro FPS.

"Intellectual games" man that fedora must sit tight on your head, Doomer.

This makes me think Dota 2 counts as zoomer repellent. If only because most zoomers shrugged it off because "It isn't league" and shit like "I cant buy champs? Then what do I work towards?" and "Whats with this delay on all my spells?" (Turn rates and animations)

I can see you're a man of culture

>wow dude it didn't won an award
Who fucking cares about that shit, the entire fucking talk of the town was fucking Crysis that year, while only thing that was talked about Modern Warfare was the "cinematic" single player.

>the entire fucking talk of the town was fucking Crysis
By who? Crysis has around ~50 reviews on Metacritic vs ~150+ of CoD4.

Half life was for fags it didn't even have Cypress Hill in it

Attached: MV5BMDcwMzE4M2QtYzExMS00MWI0LWJhOWYtNzNkMDFkNjY5NDI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg (800x1034, 155K)

Funny you people hate new or popular games and call people zoomers then when someone calls you a zoomer you cry DURR HIPSTER or HURR GRAMPS

>Funny you people hate new or popular games and call people zoomers
I don't though.

Fallout 1 & 2
Deus Ex
System Shock 1 & 2

>pixel hunting
>non sense puzzles
>non sense item combinations
>major backtracking
>trial and error puzzles
>insta death interactions that have no warning
>ability to fuck yourself over early game and waste your time continuing on only to lose

Yup *sips hot tea from marvel mug* adventure games were a thinking man's video game *adjusts fedora* only a true intellectual appreciates this taste *scratches neckbeard while putting Switch on the dock*

Attached: 1544070947647.jpg (203x240, 7K)

no donation

vocaroo.com/i/s12xfW4dEMH7

I loved playing rts games growing up

Age of mythology
Starwars galactic battlegrounds
Red alert 2
Emperor battle for dune (soooo good)
dawn of war 1 and winter assault

I loved the whole base building and making a army but now its gotta either really basic or squad based like company of heroes.

It's a little rts but not like I wanted anymore.

Any suggestions for fun rts games ?

I was born in 98 and played half life and beat it just a month ago, it's a great game

Attached: pokemon3.png (797x448, 536K)

Metal Fatigue

total annihilation and supreme commander

Im a zoomer and I played this on my ps2 faggot.

buggy jumping mechanic

Yeah, thats one of those games I can replay every other year or so

I want to play this fucking game so much but I get a headache when I play it longer than a few minutes. I don't know why.

It's actually pretty fun, if you got buddies to play with. That's why Sven Co-op is so fun.

The sounds in this game are shit, they give me headaches too.

forced meme cock suckers

This is probably stale pasta, but why do people always just say "linear ree" like that's a criticism? Maybe you prefer games like dx or ss2, but that doesn't mean either format is inherently better or worse, it's all about the execution.

>This is probably stale pasta, but why do people always just say "linear ree" like that's a criticism?
Are you retarded? That post praises FPS like Unreal, Duke Nukem 3D and Blood, all of which are linear. Half-Life is just badly designed.