Why isnt there a competitive scene for racing games?

why isnt there a competitive scene for racing games?

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (480x300, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6KQ6-Puk5BA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's iracing if you're a sim fag

Wacky Wheels is as competetive as it gets when it comes to the realistic sim genre.

Trackmania is an e-sport

Just go race a real car

because niggers cant chimp out after making a comeback like they do in fighting games

cause esport games need casual appeal

sim racing is inaccessible to normies, arcade gaming is dead, and simcade trash don't count cause those games shouldn't exist and are entirely bullshit

>if you're an autistic fag who wants to be ripped off every month to have access to a community of random no ones racing together
fixed

the people on that shit are autistic as hell. they hate fun

Racing induces even worse ladder anxiety than RTS on most people.

optimal racing in games is pretty boring unless there's some way to fuck with your opponent. time trials are just autistically grinding out a pixel perfect racing line and not particularly exciting to watch (f-zero is the exception to this but shit's fucking dead)

Same reason why there's no PC-console FPS crossplay

What? of course you do have. iRacing was built around it, Gran Turismo has its own FIA competition too. rFactor 2 has the World's Fastest Gamer championship with a partnership with McLaren. F1 game series has a huge esports following with actual teams sponsoring the guys, that actually gets shared in the official F1 social media.

Then the rest is just regular leagues.

The next GRID is going to be esports focused.

Attached: qbMWIfU016ha6lEWwEhS7mRMDjEEV6axX1xcSsQbP8Y.jpg (443x768, 72K)

We need a Wipeout/ F-zero competitive scene, those game are fun to watch casually, imagine top players

Attached: linchman.gif (400x224, 2.7M)

simcade games are actually the best since they have satisfying handling yet are polished unlike sims
F1 games have great career mode and AI while the handling is actually better than most F1 cars in actual sims

doesnt every racing game have a legitimate undisputed best car? everyone would just use that then it would come down to who knows the absolute fastest route on every track which eventually everyone would know and take. then the only way to make any outcome different would be to add random encounters like traffic or police chases which would defeat the "competitive" aspect. i could see it working on games like full auto where there was objective based races but its such an obscure game idk how it would ever become popular in the first place

FIAGTC

>Person makes one mistake
>Cannot hope to catchup at all and loses the race

True, you'd have to make an Overwatch of racing games where it's more about the approach than the raw numbers

just go fight a real street fighter

nigga F1 racers compete in sim games during their past times

this, videogames and esports are huge advertising opportunities for the FIA and manufacturers to get zoomers into motorsports, and they understood it

Hamilton grew up playing Gran Turismo

Do you not know how races work in real life?

not a huge fan. here in mirica we have nascar which is the most dogshit thing i can think of do id never assume anyone but rednecks halfway through their second case of pisswater find it fun. maybe motocross would be a good place to start

trackmania is still competitive, especially among autistic euros

Attached: fifth best time in the world.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

Turn left is not a every racing

Only Frenchies Belgians and like one or two Dutch and German fags play this.

Grand turismo take the best online racers to put them in real cars

>Same reason why there's no PC-console FPS crossplay

The new cawadoody game is doing that though

I can see racing games becoming dominated by retired pro drivers in the future, verstappen and norris are already winning endurance races in iracing in their spare time between f1 weekends

i understand that, im saying outside of that you dont see much racing in the US other than motocross really

there's indycar in the usa which is somewhat a mix of nascar and F1 with both oval and normal tracks

Because they're terrible and fags like you hate iRacing because of your tiny brain and ADHD. You probably don't like motorsports IRL either.

Reigning champion is Canadian.

Holy fuck are you retarded or just 13?

No need for name calling.

racing esports probably could gain more viewers on tv than other games
easier to understand than rts or fps for the average person and europeans will watch anything that involves their countrymen competing against other countries

holy fuck do you actually have an argument against it or are you just every other bumbling dipshit on this site?

There is, with Max Verstappen wrecking in iRacing and in F1. It's probably the pnly esport with irl pros winning and running teams.

iRacing already has. I don't know if it has big prize pools but the devs definitely have invited some of the champions to drive real life cars at some track.

Autistic bonglamder here. Going for records in Canyon was great, but valley and lagoon were both dogshit, and stadium is just more staudium. Can't have fun with it anymore.

Re-read your first post and maybe you'll understand how fucking dumb you are. Have you ever watched a race before? Go back to fortnite zoom zoom.

Have you been living under a rock? There have been championships for more than 10 years and now the competitive scene is stronger than ever with official championships and car brands getting involved. Look at F1 esports for example, or iRacing, I mean even Max Verstappen and Lando Norris regularly take part in races.

Tl;dr no. Cars are often very similar in absolute performance within a racing series, but nuances make them suit different tracks and driving styles.

>everyone would just use that then it would come down to who knows the absolute fastest route on every track which eventually everyone would know and take.
The problem is that it's never easy, especially with the other dudes trying to do the same thing

youtube.com/watch?v=6KQ6-Puk5BA

no faggot
a car is good for a purpose, like a specific track, or objective, like drifting or drag

Look another zoomer who knows nothing about cars or motorsports.

sauce on these real drivers taking part?
is it online btw or a place with bells and whistles

Didnt there used to be a league for FM4?

Still no simlite that handles multiplayer as well as iRacing. They know they've got the best platform and they're doing a fucking perfect job profiting out of it.

GT Sport has great multiplayer tho while still being an accessible game even for pad users

They race from their home, look around, on Youtube it's full of videos, recently they played together a 24 hours race on iRacing, Lando had a problem with brakes the last few minutes but they managed to win anyway. You can even find an audio recording of them talking over voice chat.

I can hear their theme.

I'm going to sound like a simfag here... but ghosting, respawns and bumper cars detracts from the racing too much for me.

>while still being an accessible game even for pad users
By accessible you mean playable I assume. A-S+ were the actual fun comes in is a shitshow with controller. Especially since the deadzones on the analogue sticks suck and throttle management on the triggers is fuck awful.

GT Sport's sim damage is shit too.
>Mild bump in the back at a corner
>Massive tire damage out of nowhere and engine failure throttling you down to 70mph

The racing game competitive scene is in Japanese arcades. The games have always been playable on PC over here, but Western fags are too jacked up on onions and afraid of cars so there's never anyone over here playing. "Why aren't there competitive racing games here" you ask, while completely ignoring the competitive racing games over here.

Fags.

Attached: UUyJHKK.png (644x800, 13K)

>track mania
barely a racing

there is a bunch of people on the spectrum playing that game. they drive the entire track multiple times, but only cross the last checkpoint after getting a time that is .3333s faster than whoever is in first place. i laugh every time kek

the entire thread is filled with people explaining there's a huge racing esports scene yet you had to tell us about trash japanese initial d simulators

>japanese arcade racers
YIKES

this, buy a brz or a miata and hit the track

Ford recently announced a racing esports team, starting with Forza Motorsport 7. I don't think they spent a whole lot of time on either the name or logo.

Attached: Fordzilla-eSports-logo-1167733.jpg (590x350, 32K)

>Japanese arcades
KIKES

Nor the game, FM7 is definitely not a real simulation. They're probably doing it because they have an agreement with Microsoft.

100% a quebec fag

this BUT unironically