FF8 is being released with a literal God Mode button and Yea Forums not only isn't bitching about it but actively...

FF8 is being released with a literal God Mode button and Yea Forums not only isn't bitching about it but actively promotes it.

You press a button and you win the entire "game". That is not a game. That is a movie, and the only button is "play". People who use this feature will basically be rendered retarded, unable to ever play video games that don't just let you automatically beat it.

This is an affront to not just FF8 but every video game ever made.

Attached: final-fantasy-viii-remastered5-740x428.png (740x428, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ck294MtGHAU
youtube.com/watch?v=1orKD1ZG5KU
youtube.com/watch?v=zev79FxRjO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ff8 had that when I played it 2 years ago

every ff game released on pc has this iirc

What's the story behind this button
Yes we already know PC players cheat their way through most games

most FF remasters have this you dumbass

It's better than having to fucking PLAY the awful game that is FF8. Hell, maybe it might actual lose it's crown as "Worst mainline final fantasy" now, but I doubt it.

FF8 is the only FF I managed to beat since its basically Draw magic the game. It was comfy as fuck too

Then don't press it

FF8 was already broken as fuck even in the original version you could be a demigod on disc1 it literally makes no difference.

Now we just wait for that one user who will say shit like 'Junction system was complex and the game was challenging'.

If you read a FAQ online, which wasn't common practice. FF8 without getting involved in the (compared to other AAA games at the time) fairly complex junction system is hard as balls.

Jesus fuck how is the junction system hard? Its the easiest magic system in all of Final Fantasy. I'm legit fucking stupid and FF8 is the only one I managed to beat because it was pretty straightforward

Nigger what the fuck are you smoking? If you think the junction system was complex or anything or hard as balls, you played this game when you were 8 or you were dumb as all fucks.

These remasters are made for people who completed the games 50 times already you fag.

>These remasters are made for
quick cash, you delusional goy

Name a more complex system from that era, not including other RPGs. What, Ocarina of Time? Crash bandicoot? Conclusion; you're retarded.

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Those don't exclude each other

>junction double to spd and watch it skyrocket
Fuck, I have no idea how anyone could figure out such a complex system.

>Name a more complex system from that era, not including other RPGs.
Yes, don't compare system from RPG with other RPGs. Compare it to... I don't know... Tetris and arcade racing games.

>Spend hours drawing.
>"hurr you don't need to do that dumbass just play cards/card monsters then refine".
>Spend hours playing cards, carding monsters and refining instead.
Yup, this is totally what I want in a videogame.

It's not like it's an RPG game or anything so comparing it to other RPGs would not be fair....

oh

Luckily the developers realised it too so now you can bypass all this bullshit by turning god mode on.

I'm thinking about either getting this for Switch or PC. I'm leaning toward the Switch, because portability, but I also wonder if modders aren't going to eventually mod the orchestral music into the PC version like the Roses and Wine mod for the original Steam port, and I'm sure there will eventually be one of AI background upres mods.

FF7, 8 and Pokémon made RPGs popular in the west, zoomer. If you were one of the 3 people who played Tactics Ogre first then you wouldn't be on Yea Forums now.

You can't junction spd unless you find the right GF (missable) and teach it that. The idea that game mechanics were MISSABLE sure wasn't common back then and still isn't.

Attached: 15661729044809.jpg (1918x2052, 690K)

>FF7 was the first RPG in the west, before FF7 people didn't play RPGs
Ok, user. You won this round. I can't be an idiot like you.

You realize how long Gamefaqs has been around?

>unless you find the right GF (missable) and teach it that
If you didn't learn to at least check what rare shit you could draw from bosses by the time you fought Fuujin/Rajin, you are literally retarded. Even as a 10 year old, I checked, and used draw on ANYTHING that I didn't recognize.

Say what you want about this game, but the music is goddam amazing. Almost every track is a classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=ck294MtGHAU
youtube.com/watch?v=1orKD1ZG5KU
youtube.com/watch?v=zev79FxRjO4

Attached: 11bq14.jpg (960x404, 40K)

It's called "Game Journalist Mode" in the config.

In many ways it's Uematsu's most impressive work, because while 6 has a better OST, he was given 2 years to work on that. With 8 he only had 1 year, and it's still so close to being the best.

Attached: 1429404421449.gif (296x217, 2.26M)

Options are good. The player should always be in control of the experience and be able to tailor it to what they find enjoyable. Difficulty is obvious. Look at Hitman 2 as a great example - there's about 20 options to fine tune the difficulty to a ludicrous extent by toggling UI elements on and off that would help or alter exactly how your experience is, for ease or difficulty.

Another thing we've been asking for is an 'Adult Mode' toggle in games so WE can decide if the game is censored or not instead of having it forced on us. If the children that can't handle a racial slur or nipple are going to have a shitfit about it, then give them their toggle to turn it off so they don't have to see it and stop ruining the experience for adults that want the whole experience.

Options are never a bad thing.

Final Fantasy seven and nine had this too, I don't see the problem. Lol, just don't use it.

Martial Law is probably my fav track in the series. It's just... Different.

To be fair, Triple Triad is what broke FF8. If you don't play Triple Triad for 8 hours before leaving Balamb Garden, and look up the Magic tables for every mob in the game, the difficulty level would have been good. You have to go out of your way to ruin the game.

Same as this option, you have to go out of your way to turn on the god mode option. Literally makes no difference.

Trading in a complex and innovative solution for the press of a button? Your contrarianism is insufferable. Go away.

FFVII already did this shit.
I think it's dumb but there are people out there who can't even be bothered to beat easy JRPGs, and Square is pandering to them.

How utterly mortifying.

FFIX did the same thing. There is even a button to speed up the game as well as disabling random encounters!

People that unironically think combat in jrpgs is either hard or important are retards.
RPGS were allways about the adventure and the game is the roleplay.
You dont win the entire game, the entire game was never a challenge you can win to begin with.

Using guides and FAQs was more common back then if anything because now people can just ask for tips anywhere instead of reading a guide. I used to use gamefaqs all the time, my mum once got upset with me because she thought it said gamefags.

I don't get why 'No Random Encounters' is such a sought after thing for these games, when in FF8 you can literally unlock that ability in the first disc.

It`s not. No random encounters is literally the best thing ever did in jrpg's.
One of the only reasons Tales, Star ocean, Trails and Persona are better than ff is because you can (appart from some games in the franchise) skip all the mobs you want.
I`d totally replay ff10 again if fighting the same enemies thousand times, spamming x wasnt such a slog

>jrpg's
>'