Want to keep emulating games

>want to keep emulating games
>it's starts thunderstorming so I have to unplug my PC
Why are surge protectors still not 100% reliable? I'm not in the mood to play my Switch.

Attached: IMG_20190530_044205.jpg (995x803, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00429N18S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's starts thunderstorming so I have to unplug my PC
Flordian here, I have never given a shit and nothing bad has ever happened even in the 100 or so incidents where lightning took out the power

Attached: Florida.jpg (320x287, 15K)

>Works on my machine
I've had PCs (and TVs) get zapped before, the risk is not worth hundreds of dollars

Do you think aqua would have sex with me for $50?

this
your surge protector will work just fine OP

Texan here. Only have used run of the mill power strips and nothing has ever happened when the lights go out. Not the computer, not the toaster, not anything else has every malfunctioned even during brown outs. Either modern shit has built in surge protection or surges are a meme or the result of shitty wiring jobs.

>almost 2020
>not having your pc plugged in to a surge protector thats plugged in to an UPS thats plugged in to another surge protector

It's like you want your pc to get fried

get out of VA user

kill yourself

Attached: 1566199055389.png (1000x432, 165K)

Do you think she would though?
It's important.

Just plug your surge protector into another surge protector.
Problem solved OP

Because lightning is a completely different ballpark compared to power surges

>live in Algeria
>never have to deal with rain
ha ha faggots

I use surge protectors but they haven't saved me in the past

Wish I could, no one here has good taste in vidya.

my computer survived hurricane irma
what the fuck kind of shitty made in india surge protectors are you using

What the fuck are you even talking about? Where do you live that thunderstorms are that bad consistently?

There are surge protectors with reliable warranty, but because of physical laws nothing can work forever.

FUCK the universe. What a piece of shit.

I just have bad luck.

Virginia, it's not uncommon to have them literally every summer evening.

I dunno the universe gave us girl butts and video games so I'd call it even.

Attached: bayonetta2_artworks_0000.jpg (1900x1266, 229K)

Humans gave us that. The universe didn't do shit.

Humans are a part of the universe.

>America is so third world that they have to worry about normal weather knocking out power or causing power surges
What a joke of a country. It's amazing that one of the richest nations on the planet still uses overhead powerlines.

got em

It makes very little sense to dig out land for the hundreds of thousands of miles or power cables that exist in this country.

No, it makes perfect sense. It's a single large investment to practically eliminate power outages, accidents, and all of the upkeep costs associated with hiring people to trim trees/deal with retards crashing into poles. The northeast blackout in 2003 (which knocked out power to 50 million people) could have been avoided entirely if lines were buried like they are in civilized nations.

I grew up in Hawaii
if you had to do that everytime it thundered you'd never play games ever

get a ups and a backup power supply you clod

Buy a good UPS (uninterruptible power supply) with built in surge protection. You can buy reasonable ones for $50-100 bucks nowadays and you won't have to worry about your PC shutting off if the power goes out.

I'm about to open this aqua statue and put her on my desk

Attached: marseille1565665348.jpg (1280x1920, 423K)

Has nothing to do with the power going out. If a lightning strike is too close, the power may remain on but individual appliances may be fried.

then call an electrician and get your shit properly grounded you fucking incompetent asshole, it's the simplest fucking thing in the world and a legal obligation nearly fucking everywhere you fucking stupid dumb IIIIdiot

It's a 10:1 investment that would never pay for itself, and would not work for a significant amount of land area.
Very few countries have a comparable electricity cost to the USA.

It is grounded.

Don't do it, user. Get Megumeme instead.

NO IT GODDAMN ISN'T IF SURGE PROTECTORS ARE NOT WORKING TO THE DEGREE YOU ARE DESCRIBING.

If a lightning strike is extremely close to your house a surge protector isn't guaranteed to save your electronics if they're plugged in at the time. Surge protectors are built primarily for non-lightning power surges and aren't one hundred percent effective against lightning.

you're grounded.

>It's a 10:1 investment that would never pay for itself
Works just fine in other nations, but your post just illustrates American shortsightedness. The power company doesn't lose any money if a tree falls over, knocks out power on a record a day with record high temps, and some old geezers die of heat stroke because their AC failed. They also don't pay anything when some Ameriserf loses all their electronics to a power surge.
European countries make decisions based on what is best for the public. Americans only think in terms of dollars.

I prefer aqua and I don't like flat characters.

>I don't like flat characters
The retard character suits you.

Yes, I love how fucking dumb she is. That's the best part.

You better nut on that retard.

I went from nutting several times a day to zero times in the past two weeks. I think something's wrong with me.

I had that happen too a few months ago. It was good for me though because I was clearly doing it out of boredom and wasn't healthy. I feel good and I'm playing games and doing things now. I occasionally do it but it's to more normal stuff like vanilla loli instead of the stuff I was going down before.

>not having a 100% lightning resistance build

Prove it.

Get back to sea luffy.

By definition, the universe includes everything physical and the space between them.

Good for you fag. Try that in the Midwest in the middle of a storm.

Your surge protectors will work, if not that your AVR should, if not that your pc power supply would at the very least do its shit.

You europeans are morons who don't realize what size your countries are compared to the US. Doing a large infrastructure project for just one of our 50 states takes more money than doing one for your entire country. Not that I disagree that the US government doesn't budget enough for infrastructure development, because they don't. There are roughly 1,000 other infrastructure problems that are all more important than our power grid right now though.

Texan here. I've had one surge protector fail to protect my PC and a lightning strike still managed to fry the PSU. It wasn't a cheap one either. Luckily the PSU picked up the slack and nothing else was damaged. No surge protector or UPS will 100% protect you from lightning fucking up your day. That's still 1 time out of maybe hundreds though.

Attached: 1559496640554.png (426x364, 211K)

That's happened to me before where you just get bored of fapping so you stop.
Your libido will kick back in eventually and your taste will be "reset" and you can enjoy more vanilla stuff again.

The vast majority of the US is largely uninhabited, and nobody would be dumb enough to suggest that a corn field in Iowa needs underground lines to mitigate the risk of trees knocking them down. If Americans were smart enough to simply focus on the high population states it would be no more expensive than similar projects in France or Germany. If you only focused on high population areas within those states it would be even cheaper and it would still be very beneficial to the general public.

The lightning is never what worries me. I don't like constantly restarting my computer from sudden shutdowns. I've heard that it's murder on your hard disk and, if you have an SSD, it can still damage other components. Linux and windows have a procedure they have to go through before shutting down, so chances are they won't like forced shutdowns.

Never had a problem though.

Attached: 1566460739617.gif (800x450, 663K)

I think she would
She prob would do extra stuff for more money(or when she is drunk)

I had a fucking power supply literally start sparking and explode on me and it didn't damage any of my other components, what the fuck are you talking about OP?
What kind of shithole do you live in?

Sure, but the only other option is to leave it off forever. HDDs have higher failure rates the longer you go without spinning them back up. This is a huge problem with long term data storage, and a big part of why the standard practice for storing master tracks for songs is still magnetic tape.

Please spoil me mangafags.
Does Kazuma end up with any of the girls?

DUMB FUCKING WEEB

You mean LNfags?
He explodes inside Megumin and they have a child together.

Attached: megumin eating.jpg (1548x2244, 413K)

It's for just this reason that I got a cheap tablet and a usb to microusb adapter to attach my controller. Android has plenty of emulators nowadays.

Buy a UPS.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00429N18S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Don't be a cheap nigger, it's a great investment.

It works just fine in other nations because other nations are 1:100th the size of the US, you fucking moron.

>2019
>not having a UPS
It's maximum comfy when the lights go out and your shit keeps running.

Same, brother.

Attached: 1562666002438.jpg (720x511, 76K)

See , you fucking luddite.

same tbf, floridians are the most powerful race in the world