Kill off all the interesting and smarter characters in the first few trials

>kill off all the interesting and smarter characters in the first few trials
>leave mostly dumbasses for the last few trials

Why

Attached: 1559628866810.png (808x739, 362K)

Attached: seesaw.jpg (800x800, 45K)

Kokichi was a dollar store version of Nagito written by someone trying to emulate the latter without remembering what made Nagito great in the first place

Because killing Rantaro was the best thing they could think of for an unexpected first kill

why are all danganropa characters drawn like hypnotised sluts?

Kokichi fucked up almost everything, how the hell was he anything like nagito, because he's a cute boy who seemed crazy?

I love my gorgeous wife!

Attached: Makeup.jpg (627x918, 765K)

Law of inverse capability. The more useful a character is to the game the faster they must die

Kokichi was nothing like Nagito beyond being "that one suspect guy everyone hates"

>kill kaeded and let shuuichi live for nothing

I bet that it was done to remove the crutch from the protagonist. In the first two games, the tension of the mystery solving was undercut somewhat by the existence of super competent characters who were 12 steps ahead of everybody else. With V3 it seems like they wanted the game to carry the feeling that everyone is counting on you the player.

Honestly, the only moment I really like from Kokichi was when he outright said Gonta was the killer, but I feel that scene was under-utalized.
It would have been better if they weren't the only person left at that point by presses of elimination.

*process

It's the same shit as SDR2. Kill the most suspicious character right off the bat to avoid dealing with his plot until later in the game.

It's almost like they wanted v3 to feel like an artificial, watered down version of the lightning in a bottle that was the previous games. Like whoever was writing fiction at that point had lost the original concept's meaning.

Attached: 5.png (636x922, 644K)

I know its impossible let's to avoid the meta-naritive, but was it really so much to ask for a good game?
Was I not allowed to have fun while being insulted?

well, that's because they are.
>was it really so much to ask for a good game?
Not at all. I consider that a lazy plot convenience rather than clever writing. They've been teetering on the edge of meta narrative more and more as the series progressed, but when it's more of a point to cover the writing's ass (even if not designed to be, but can be used as), then it's a problem.
>Was I not allowed to have fun while being insulted?
It depends on why you're insulted. I hope you don't think the ending was talking about the player, Kodaka debunked that himself. It was a commentary on the culture though. That I will give it credit for as being a bit clever, but the presentation and lack of warming into it through the game so much as the classic DR infodump was the most grievous sin, I wouldn't have minded the ending myself if they just, you know, put more effort in how they presented it.

dude subversion lmao

It's basically Mukuro's death again, too.

Because they are hypnotized sluts.

My problem with the characters is how many of them feel like a reroll or recycle of other characters.
Maki felt too much like a new Mukuro. Tsumugi felt like a new Hifumi. Miu has one too many similarities to Kazuichi as do Chihiro and Chiaki (I don't care if that one was intentional)

How did the smaller meta jokes hit you?

Attached: 9pnrc60fkg901.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

You should have learned in the first two games that the crap of the crop always survive, that any char that gets char development is either a victim or a killer, and consequently dropped this shit series.

I disagree. You can't just do Nagito all over again, and Kokichi was only similar in that he was actively working against you.

>Kodaka debunked that himself.
>Kodaka has done an in depth investigation on Kodaka and found Kodaka not guilty of any wrongdoing

Literally none of those characters are anything like each other beyond their talents.

Yeah clearly he was lying about his own intentions in an interview well after the game was already out, next level meta commentary on not even trusting the author right?

>>Kodaka has done an in depth investigation on Kodaka and found Kodaka not guilty of any wrongdoing
Are we talking about what the man said was the meaning behind the game, or did he shoot your mom?
I know art is subjective and in that sense any meaning you derive from it is just as valid as anyone else's, but if a creator goes and says "this is not what I was trying to say", one would assume he's being truthful. Unless you think he's lying, wrote this in as a big fuck you, and has backpeddled?
If he wanted to say "fuck you, player", he could and could get away with it. Hell technically he already did give a big middle finger to Japanese otakus like half a dozen times, each of grander scale than the last.

>well after the game was already out
You mean well after he got a shit ton of hate for the ending?

You may only post underutilized characters ITT.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p706uleUKD1v11g9l_540.png (540x655, 424K)

i'd believe he was lying. people lie all the time in the gaming industry now. even though they make video games.

What more can they do with him once they revealed his psychotic nature?

Let him survive to the end for shits and giggles, worked for Toko. What do you think he'd think when it's revealed his sister never existed?

Lying when talking about a game involving truth and lies? Nah.

>starts to go through an arc
>immediately dies

Attached: fishfood.png (250x601, 156K)

Maki/Mukuro
>struggle heavily with their emotions and independence
>not much talkers (outside of Mukuro disguising)
>both cold blooded killers when coming down to brass tacks (Maki never once apologized for doing what she did in "life')
Kazuichi and Miu
>physically styled similarly
>open about sexual desires
>characters almost exclusively used for jabs at incel status or how sad they are
Chihiro and Chiaki
>meek, unintimidating stature, soft speaking patterns, and never aggressive
>would rather be doing shit on electronics than irl 9 times out of 10 and you are told this as a defining character trait
Tsumugi and Hifumi
>not just otaku related talents, but extremely passionate about the culture too, to the point where it creates heavy extremism in their lives
>cannot resist shoehorning autistic references, jokes, or parallels constantly that no other character understands that end up real eye-rollers
>
I agree the talents are part of it, but combined with what I've stated above these core character traits in common really start becoming connectable dots. Like I said, they feel like re-rolls, not 100% organic but at the same time not 100% the same either. JUST similar enough to feel not unique. Some people say Kodaka is calling back to the former casts. If that's the case I do not think it is worth sacrificing the originality of your characters.

Attached: 3 glasses girls.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

>interesting and smarter
>Ryoma
>Kirumi
>seesaw
>Tenko
>Angie
Fuck, I'd say even Kaede wasn't that interesting and Rantaro was just asking to die first

when does a protag come off as interesting in these games? I argue it's difficult to make a protagonist fun or interesting when they are designed to be perfectly level headed and relatable. SC wants their protags to have these qualities, and as long as they do then such characters will continue to be cookie cutter feeling and bland.
Admit it, Shuichi had to grow on you because of how his character started off in chapter 1and wasn't appreciated as much until his moment at the end of the last trial
Everyone who likes Hajime talks like he'd a chad, but the combined Chad levels of all Danganronpa's cast wouldn't even scratch the likes of either Carlos or Sigma from Zero Escape.

Attached: rules.png (1071x1031, 1.4M)

THIS
Ryoma was a bit edgy and melodramatic, but total bro tier. I knew from the moment when they revealed the characters for this game that he'd be too cool to make it past case 3.

What cast would make the perfect killing game ?
Imo :
Shuichui
Byakuya
Fuyuhiko
Kazuichi
Nagito
Gundam
Korekiyo
Hinata/Rantaro

Miu
Celeste
Angie
Bookworm girl
Sonia
Pekko
Sakura
Maki

you need a combination of all personality types- smart and dumb, dicks and bros, strong and weak. That is why my top 8 girls and guys would not make an interesting game.

kimi ga shine is better
it gets to get around this by reviving characters at will

FUCK, I READ THE SPOILER AND I'M GETTING WHAT I DESERVED FOR IT

Attached: 1476955949529.gif (555x570, 1.07M)

the meta narrative is fucking bullshit, the first game was the only good one, the second was just the first game again, and the third game was the first game again but they tried to be meta and failed

DR was a mistake

>the second was just the first game again
Don't know if I agree with that.
>and the third game was the first game again but they tried to be meta and failed
Certainly don't agree with that.
They retread water very often with themes and all, but the stories and overall gameplay themes don't match up. Unless you're criticizing the formula of "tiny breadcrumbs that you can't add together for the first 95% of the game and then a fat textdump in case 6 part 2", that I can agree with.

On the countrary, having a cast of useless idiots ruins the tension. In any danganronpa game, you know that half the cast wouldn’t kill anyone, because they are too much of pussies/brainlets to do so.
For instance, in v3, I knew from the get go that the only ones that were gonna possibly get their hands dirty are the maid, Maki, Rantaro and Korekiyo.
Why have a cast of 16 people when only the 4th of them can actually pull out a murder ?
Btw, the cast I chose isn’t a list of my favorite characters.

>Rantaro
but he didnt kill anyone.In fact he didn't do anything but find the bookshelf door.

Mukuro died too early to assert her own personality

Toko had the excuse of only one of her personalities being a killer and not even killing in the game itself

>Tsumugi and Hifumi are similar

The occurrences during her FTEs, Academy Mode, v3's Talent Development Plan game, DR3 appearance would leads me to disagree. I also hear she has a role in the light novel DR0
Give me one line that one has said that isn't interchangeable between he two.

Attached: Normie.png (1493x1076, 2.18M)

based

Attached: 1565039471927.jpg (320x320, 24K)

He honestly might've been the easiest to figure out culprit ever outside of 11037. "hey everybody, let's all do this elaborate ritual where everyone goes into the exact kind of room I dictate, everybody stands EXACTLY where I tell them to and everybody DOES exactly what I tell them....WHAT THE..WHO COULD'VE ORCHESTRATED THIS MURDER?"

I feel like in general the killers in these games don't try hard enough to frame someone else, when really given the class trial format that's exactly what they need to do.

Attached: 1549859841447.png (142x138, 3K)

>reviving characters
Hard pass.

But Byuakuya lived though

Unless you mean just in V3

>I want to lick the smegma off of Byakuya's smelly SHSL rich boy dick

T. Absolute Retard

The only really good thing about Shuichi was his character development, namely in that some effort was invested in making it occur.

Why is she so forgotten?

Attached: Danganronpa_V3_Kirumi_Tojo_Halfbody_Sprite_(16).png (751x913, 559K)

Well that and the fact that the structure for all three games is almost completely identical

I mean the structure for 2d Mario games are almost always similar to one another, does that make them the same game?

Because she has less personality than a piece of drywall and doesn't have any meaningful interactions with any of the cast.

As if NEKOMARU NIDAI is not a huge fucking Chad with a tremendous cock.

fuck yeah, you are a champ

fuck kodaka

Because she has literally zero self affirmation. Which is a term I'm fucking making up right now, so fuck you. She basically never puts anything forward but her own servile attitude and so you can sum up all her dialogue with "Shall I do something for you Shuichi/Anyone?" She doesn't drive any conversations and she doesn't have any memorable dialogue. She's just there.

>Why is she so forgotten?
this is the one occasion when I can say that she had little character under the surface. Her life's meaning is not complex, it's a solid foundation but not complex. Her motives in chapter 2 were tied to her self-given purpose in life. Her FTEs center around her purpose. EVERYTHING about her centered around her purpose. Ironic that being devout causes you to be one note.

Ryoma and Korekiyo were the most underutilized, yet best characters.

Tsumugi sacrificed personality and relevancy to be the obvious mastermind. Same with Keebo but he at least had personality and had interactions with the other cast.

Fuck V3-5. Absolute clusterfuck of a plan that wouldn't have worked regardless of if they tricked Monokuma. Wow, looks like Kokichi wasn't the killer after all because he was the victim! Too bad Monokuma wouldn't give a shit and execute you regardless because you got the wrong killer once Kaito steps out of the Exisal. Let's also talk about how Kokichi conveniently had a fucking script of lines in reaction to specific ass dialogue. Let's also talk about Shuichi being a dumbass and ruining Kaito's plan. Let's also talk about how nobody considered the fact that Kokichi could've succumbed to the poison before getting crushed, resulting in a complete uncertainty. 2-5 was leagues better. Kaito had a nice execution though.

>but he at least had personality
You know, his "ah, sorry, I'm a robot but I'm just slightly equally as functional as a normal person" schtick got more boring than Tsumugi's autism to me. At least one of them was a cute girl

Being terrible on purpose doesn't excuse it from being terrible

I would've liked to see more from Angie, honestly.

Shut up dumbass, Keebo was based

We talk about underutelized characters in threads often, but what characters do you think are given just enough or even too much exposure, screentime, or development?

I at least remembered Keebo outside of whenever he spoke.

I don't know about Angie, but I think the Student Council concept should've continued. I liked a genuine split and tension between the cast.

>Give me one line that one has said that isn't interchangeable between he two.
I guess Tsumugi's lines that relate to her being the mastermind, but that's just gotten me wondering what Mastermind Hifumi would be like

I started liking her right before she got offed. She was super cute, but a little one note.

Kyoko.

Fucking Kaito. And Maki. They're the worst couple

>She was super cute, but a little one note
Well yeah, I liked her character conceptually and would've liked to see a couple more sides to her.

>Let's also talk about Shuichi being a dumbass and ruining Kaito's plan. Let's also talk about how nobody considered the fact that Kokichi could've succumbed to the poison before getting crushed, resulting in a complete uncertainty.
Nobody fucking cared because Kokichi's plan was stupid and required everyone to not know there was even a plan to begin with

Hard not for her to be considering dr1's roster.

What do you mean?

Angie's supposed to be Shuichi's endgame waifu.

Attached: sainaga_what_a_little_cutiepie.jpg (2004x1128, 803K)

Well yeah no shit the plan was stupid, but Shuichi didn't realize that Kaito was pretending to be Kokichi for a reason?

>Kokichi is hated by almpst everyone in Yea Forums
A rarity, considering Kokichi popularity outside of Yea Forums

I know he basically just exists to be a red herring but he's a really neat character conceptually and what we do get of his personality seems fairly interesting.

Attached: Byakuya_Togami_Ultimate_Imposter_Illustration.png (1180x1180, 1.19M)

Reminder that the ending where Shuichi rejects Danganronpa was probably planned out in-universe and that various other elements of the story are also a result of Danganronpa running for 53 years approximately. Which is a meta-commentary on the game itself.
>Almost everyone's backstories are batshit fucking insane nonsensical, from Gonta being raised by mole people to Tojo being a maid so good she became fucking Prime Minister
>After the truth about the flashback lights is revealed Tsumigi brings it up just to laugh about how she could come up with any old fucking setting for V3 and everyone would still believe it
>Monokuma making various corny, lazy references and straight-up getting bored of the series itself
>Tsumigi giving hardcore fan service with her fat tits in the very last chapter of the game just for shits and giggles

Keebo was based for literally a fraction of a second because for some reason without his antenna he turns into a super chad robot instead of a fucking pussy piece of shit literal SJW.

it wouldnt have worked anyway since I'm sure there had to be at least 1 or two nanokumas in there, no way there would be a single inch that didnt have vision on everyone at ALL times
Twogami is legit on my top 3 characters in this series.

Attached: file.png (903x512, 431K)

Is it really still unexpected the fourth time it happens?

How would he even know the plan if he didn't know it was Kaito in the Exisal

>Hey, I'm going to stop this. Don't follow me
not when you say shit like this, no

Did you forget the part near the end where he just yelled "It's YOU KAITO get the fuck out!"

one of the 3 characters who could question
>but y tho

There was literally a point about that during the case, wasn't there? Something about electronic interference or something that would short out any cameras and radio waves. Maybe I'm just trying to give it more credit than it deserves.

Yes, kokichi set off an EMP grenade to block the nanokumas' vision.

Attached: kono mondo da.png (1024x1024, 361K)

the grenade chaffed the whole room, you're right. Unless there was one already inside during the events of case 5 than you are probably right. See, I was under the impression there was one of these things every few square inches, but lately I've been led under the impression I may be wrong about that.

What was the point of this, again? He dies five minutes later and it's completely irrelevant to the investigation or trial

Must be TDR's surveys and programming because I bet ya, if the audience was given complete control over Keebo, we'd be seeing a lot more of his antenna-less personality.

do you consider this a new character? I just saw it as Kiyotaka going off the deep end.

Did you also forget that Monokuma stopped the voting time because he didn't know who the culprit was

>Filling up with hope gives you red eyes and super saiyan white hair
>Despair gives you deep dark swirly eyes
>Thus Nagito has white hair and deep dark swirly eyes
>Literally only Hajime and Ishimaru have achieved this
Even Naegi is a fucking hopelet and everyone sucks his dick in DR3 for some reason.

this, I figured they probably polled the audience every week to decide what he'd do for the next trial.

>if the audience was given complete control over Keebo, we'd be seeing a lot more of his antenna-less personality
Or something like Twitch Plays Danganronpa

Remember Dangan 3 anime? That was some shit

>Press a to whine about robot rights
>Press b to say something irrelevant to the case
>Press c to accuse someone wrongly
>Press d to say something actually constructive

Option D is locked so it can only happen once per trial, randomly.

Remember the fallen.

Attached: Danganronpa_3_-_Fullbody_Profile_-_Daisaku_Bandai.png (403x839, 221K)

It was, though I thought the character development shift was egregiously underused compared to other ones in the series (e.g. Toko starting to show Genocide Jill, Fuyuhiko post-Trial 2-2)

Monokuma literally dealt two deathblows, first with him revealing the video didn't come from the mastermind and then him revealing that the bodies of the dead were thrown away

I just thought of something that could've made v3-5 cooler. Do something like put a limb under the hydraulic press, or a bunch of blood packets (I forgot if there was any). The twist would be that there was no victim, and that both Kaito and Kokichi are alive. That's a better reason for the trial to stop, because there's no blackened to execute.

I forget, was there a point to the body thing? Also, how the hell would Monokuma know that much? Either way, another point of the hydraulic press is that it completely demolished Kokichi's little twink body anyways.

That was probably Kokichi's plan except space man and his girlfriend had to fuck it up big time.

They only had limited time to plan for that, they couldn't take a limb fron the dead because the bodies were disposed, and one of them going out would have ruined the plan because they were being watched.

once the emp wore off monokuma would have known, unless they could both fit into the exisal somehow.

>probably Kokichi's plan
Except he had a whole day to do it and didn't do anything.

The first was the most boring, second had actually interesting characters, anime was a garbage fire, v3 was okay and wins extra points for not reusing Junko again, fuck Junko

Getting white hair and red eyes doesn't mean you've become hope, it means you've fused souls with your soul mate (Hajime/Chiaki and Ishimaru/Mondo)

>Japanese fan rankings of the V3 cast

Attached: 1565495050362.png (792x2035, 1.68M)

>Ryoma, Korekiyo, and Kaito in lower ranks
Cringe and shit taste.

Nagito is the worst character in the entire series. Wholly unlikable. At least Kokichi is funny.

why are literally all of the based characters in the bottom half

Wonder why Ryoma and Angie are so low.

japan has shit taste what else is new, why is kiyo so low

All the killers are in the lower half.

>hahahaha LIES
>funny

ill never recover from DG3. they need to fucking remake it or something

Attached: i am...imposter.jpg (3264x2448, 484K)

She's easily my favourite V3, and I like her even more just because Yea Forums hates her so much.

Attached: 61678218_p0.png (1024x723, 744K)

because nips and weebs have shit taste

The only good thing I cay say about her is that she can sometimes be vaguely endearing in how much of a tryhard she is.
>I'll KILL your logic!

Better Ultimate Assassin in pic.

Attached: smosh.png (1145x697, 803K)

>puts kokichi over nagito
Your taste is shit.

Basically everyone who dies in the first half of each game is underutilized.

I would've liked her more if they'd switched the talent twist around so that she was just a really edgy babysitter pretending to be an assassin.

Sure I get that people don't care for her character but I find it absolutely fascinating just how deep the hatred for her is.

Yea Forums is actually pretty neutral to her compared to other girls

I don't flat out hate her, but I'd vastly prefer if Ryoma or Korekiyo survived in her place.

kokichi fans are autistic 15 year old girls who write shipping fanfiction (probably with gonta and kokichi)

>not when Hajime accepted Izuru as part of himself and became whole
Nice try
This is the only thing I liked about her. That and the fact she's got a soft spot deep down that wants to come out. Asking her to bake sweets in Salmon Team was precious.

I can never unsee how fucking massive her ear is in this scene, god damn it was the first game in the series on a real console yet the CGs look amateur as fuck.

This is weird because I found Nagito to be way funnier than Ouma and I am not even his biggest fan. It's just that he was truly fucked up and his crazyness came out as ridiculous funny in several moments in the game.

What the fuck i see it too

SC CG does not look hot. UDG had good looking colors on buildings and textures but models that acted like a 90s sega arcade and looked super simple.

Attached: unknown-3.png (1602x794, 1.78M)

All of those points you make are objectively correct. Doesn't Monokuma fucking leave in like, Case 3? Clearly bpred put of his mind.

I found this super funny for some reason

Attached: huh.jpg (1079x604, 345K)

Imagine if you were the director, a lead character, AND creator of a reality tv series. Would you not have fun, fuck around and do whatever the hell you wanted?

They should just do a plotless all-stars game with a mixed cast from all the games.

>korekiyo on bottom
>ryoma on bottom
>protagonists near the top
Classic nip taste. At least they recognized Kaede's fat tits belong in third, and put Tsumugi in the trash where she belongs.

There was some fanfiction that combined all 3 casts and it ended up being enough of a mess where they literally killed 4 people in once chapter once, and got a ton of people out of character.

I think a cool idea could also be the same casts of each game, but with altered outcomes.

She's a mall goth edgelord
Lmao

DLC cases that are non canon and all take place in an alt universe right at the start of a Chapter 1.

Also, these can be cool because it can further develop characters who died in the first 2 chapters.

Who would the "all-stars" be?

I thought it was a red herring it was so obvious. Definitely a strange case.

>and got a ton of people out of character.
Which ones, just out of curiosity?

The team would probably consider all stars to be characters like Maki, Sonia, and Keebo then leave out characters like Ryoma, Taka, and Korekiyo

Tsumugi is literally the only female character I like in this trash franchise.

>he's still seething
Sweaty it's time to let go it's been two and a half years.

Why the fuck was his voice like that?

Now THIS is a scorching hot opinion.

Explain.

One of the best examples I can think of is Ryoma letting Mondo kill him to get rid of a disease motive, despite it being super late into the game and Ryoma having established bonds with characters like Kyoko that would prevent him from wanting to die.

There was also a romantic relationship between Angie and Yasuhiro. The student council thing also exists again. In a trial, Yasuhiro kills Toko in self defense and gets killed. The next trial, Angie decided to kill Taka, Imposter, and Gundham in one go because she was pissed about Hiro dying. Angie wouldn't do something like that. She'd probably be sad, but be like "Well he is with Atua now".

Also Makoto has a 4 way sex scene with Mukuro, Aoi, and Sayaka. Hajime has one with Chiaki and Mikan. These happen for no fucking reason.

V3 is fucking horrible. The Kaede twist was super fucking dumb past the initial shock and none of the characters are even close to the best in 1 and 2.

Oh yeah, I think I remember that one. Last I checked the guy who did that now juggles like 5 separate syoc stories at once. I haven't read any so I wouldn't know if any of them are written well.

Most popular?
>Byakuya
>Toko (might be different since ae)
>Nagito
>Chiaki
>Rantaro
>Kokichi
>Maki
Like fan favorites or "most epic" kinda shite.
Unless it's of, say the most intellectual and capable of doing a Holmes vs. Moriarty "big brain" type, then it's more like
>Byakuya (Im not even trying to suck his dick here)
>Kyoko
>Chiaki
>Nagito
>Kirumi
>Junko
>Izuru
>Korekiyo
>Kokichi
>Tsumugi
or other crafty folk I forgot

That sounds lame.

I was so mad, SO MAD when Kaede's twin thing went "oh lol it was a lie"

Yeah it does. Though the prospect of having another one of Korekiyo's Wild Rides does entice

I am not a waifufag so I couldnt care less about how hot the other girls are, she just had more going on for her with the story in comparison to other female characters and was a better mastermind and character than Junko since I actually found her to be entertaining. The fact that she's nearly never (there's only a scene) used for fanservice or waifufaggotry is also a plus.

I mean those hopefully don't have like 47 characters in one killing game.

I'd imagine they'd have around regular cast sizes.

>she just had more going on for her with the story
The only thing she did in the story that was plot relevant was be the mastermind

The thing I've noticed about those fanfictions like that or ones that are rewrites of the game's stories is that you can always tell which character is the author's least favorite.

Oh yeah, I respect any girl a little more when they don't have sexual fanservice injected into them.
Except Himiko. Can't remember why I see her as somewhat less than human despite knowing of 0 additional fanservice "plot" past the obligatory hotel scene.

I could tell they had a hateboner for Teruteru because they made him kill Himiko and made it look super brutal by having Himiko cry and beg for mercy. Then they had Teruteru doe brutally because Nekomaru witnesses it and kills him by stabbing him through the stomach witha harpoon. Teruteru’s shaped as a goddamn monster the entire trial. This is also trial 2.

The thing I hate the most regarding v3 is exactly what I saw some user saying some days ago about how the "we are friends, let's get out together" felt so insicere and fake in comparison with the previous games. It wouldn't bother me as much if the characters just stopped insisting so much on this. Maybe the only character I felt some sincerity in staying together with others was Kaede, that because she actually managed to unite people for some time but she was gone right in the first chapter. Seeing Himiko only do some shit only when the closest people to her died made me upset as fuck because of that. I couldn't feel sympathy for her.

Another thing I disliked the most was how the tone wasn't very focused, which is also a problem with the second game as well, sometimes it doesn't feel like there's a killing game going around.

It's the Japanese anime in it fighting back the constant Battle Royal/ Hunger Games animalistic hunt overtones. I'd imagine if it were more tense it'd be akin to Zero Escape but stretched over days, which frankly sounds exhausting.

I still want her to service my cock for the rest of our lives.

>This is also trial 2
What does that have to do with anything?

I used to despise him but his attitude in the end of the second trial gave a lot of positive points for his character for me, enough for me to change my mind.

I was the opposite, I found him annoying but endearing all the way until case 5 made me realize they didn't know what they wanted to do with him and turned him into a brain dead attempted dindu.

I didn't like chapter 5 either, for me the only scene I got some respect for him was the one I metioned. Instead of cheering for kirumi and buying her bullshit like nearly everyone else did, he was the one to step in and call her out, at that moment I just couldn't blindly hate him anymore.

Best guy girl in each game

>dr1: byakuya/hina
>dr2: nagito/hiyoko
>drv3: shuichi/angie

Case order, per chapter per game

>case1: v3 > 2 > 1
>case2: 1 > 2 > v3
>case3: v3 > 2 > 1
>case4: 1 > v3 > 2
>case5: 2 > 1 > v3
>case6: v3 > 2 > 1

Attached: 1565547780927.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

>hiyoko
>Angie
What's so good about them?

What's wrong with 2-4?

danganropa is a shit series overall, play something better

>1-3 is the lowest
2-3 is complete garbage and is probably the worst case in the series and just because 3-3 has seesaw doesn't make it a better case.
1-3 is the least worst of the 3.

>he's team first born
Ok
>Hiyoko
Fuck outta here with that shit

Most entertaining and innocent without being outright sluts. Super duper cute voices in english and japanese. If akane was more pleasant id have her up there since ooga booga muh dick likes brown

To much time about the elevator shenanigans and the whole chapter felt cramped and exhausting even if the outcome and scenario was good and getting into nagitos head was amazing. I felt as tired as the cast in game by the end of it

Oh yeah? Like what?

What's wrong with Hiyoko?

Phoenix wright.

Negro, I've played every single Pheonix Wright game that's legal for burgers and several that aren't. What's next?

Henry Fiddleberth and the Mysterious Murder of Manchester Mansion

The original trilogy is based and better than DR, but the games have been mediocre since Yamazaki came on in AJ.

Attached: ishimaru_wright.png (517x595, 147K)

I can agree with this.

>It was supposed to be bad! It makes the "everything was pointless and stupid" ending better!
Starting to think the people who defend V3 like this never actually liked Danganronpa in the first place

Attached: Nagito.png (794x1051, 775K)

This is an interesting question.
If Yea Forums was to write a Danganronpa plot, how would you go about avoiding making the characters from the first three cases feel wasted and underutilised?

>in development it literally came down to "either her or Fuyuhiko survives" because god forbid we give up one more comic relief dipshit and fully commit to the "leave your past behind and seize your own future" message

Attached: hiyoko brella.png (498x750, 413K)

Did chapter 3 really have to be a double murder, honestly? Did having two deaths instead of one really add to the chapter at all?

MEAT ON THE mikan

To continue with the parellels to dr1, it had to be. v3 is where it shouldve been mixed up to either 1 or 3 kills or have two different killers.

it's actually something I'm doing now: branching the story in 2 paths from the start, each half different people survive than the other, and those who died earlier on get more lines and plot in the other path

They justify DR2 keeping the same general Trial plots because Monokuma is orchestrating it all specifically to fuck with the DR1 cast watching the whole thing. But Mikan didn't plan to kill Hiyoko, so what the fuck.
It's even weirder that they say Fuyuhiko was planned to die instead of Hiyoko because it seems like Akane fits much better. She's the cowardly lion who gets shot full of arrows in the "motive" movie, she's the other one of Mikan's patients (maybe that would have made the killer too obvious but it's already stupidly easy), and Nekomaru could have gotten some serious character depth in Chapter 4 coming to terms with his failure to protect her (and his sacrifice with Gundham would have been that much more meaningful). That fucking scene with Fuyuhiko pouring his heart out to Akane about his survivor's guilt that bounces off her like a brick wall could have been Fuyuhiko and Hiyoko having a genuine reconciliation that formally turned her character around.

2-3 is a fucking mess all around anyway, even if that's expected for convoluted double murders Mikan gets all of one Nonstop Debate worth of sexy crazy voice and it doens't measure up at all to Celeste's breakdown or Korekiyo's fucking insanity. Making it one murder wouldn't fix it, the whole scenario should have been thrown out and rewritten.

Attached: look at my hand.png (891x974, 847K)

Out of curiosity, any ideas for how it could be rewritten?

I mean, even if you were dead set on having Hiyoko (or Fuyuhiko) die at some point during Chapter 3, the way they did it feels incredibly sloppy and shoehorned. Hiyoko's death is really abrupt and unceremonious and she pretty much only died because she happened to walk into a room that had a murder going on in it.

are you making a new game? or just rewriting a dr story?

Unlike a lot of people I don't really have a problem with the Despair Disease concept.
The biggest issue with the Trial is how implausible Mikan's plan is (by Hajime's estimate she goes back and forth across half the island a few times, following Hajime to the venue without him noticing and setting the scene after he leaves, going back to the hospital or bridge to meet Fuyuhiko and tell him Ibuki is missing, then running around meeting with Hajime to then go back to the venue, in ten minutes).
Beyond the details the foundation of her plan was to frame Hajime as the prime suspect, in a scenario where ONLY she or Hajime could have done it. Hajime is obviously innocent so there's very little mystery to the case once the player catches on the the mountain of evidence implicating her from the very start of the setup (who else could have timed "Ibuki's suicide" so that Hajime would have been there to see it, before he's even supposed to be there for the morning announcement?)

One of if not the only cases in the series where the murder weapon is never established.
You can't even really work out the circumstances of how she was killed, the comic portrays her getting stabbed after walking in on Mikan staging the scene but according to the evidence she died on the stage and Ibuki walked in her fresh blood. Did Mikan tie her to the pillar and then slit throat? Was she already there in the back room when Mikan brought Ibuki in? Who the fuck knows, they didn't think that through.

Attached: it's imPOSSSSSible.png (790x865, 682K)

Not him, but god. If only people knew how to make good DR stories and not shitty ones.

What makes a good DR story?

Attached: 21.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

2-1 and 2-5

Not killling off everyone but the Jar Jar Binks comic relief by the fourth chapter. I live by the headcanon Hagakure foresaw his own death in the demo and acted more stupid accordingly

>2-1 and 2-5
LMAO NO

Danganronpa is something that had potential but the execution was awful. 2-1 was just an awful introduction case that gone on way too longer than it should've because it was stupidly easy. Not only that, but you're supposed to feel sorry for the fucking fatass?

2-5 is especially bad because Nagito had to fucking bomb the island for anyone to do something. Not only that, but the traitor gets fucking spoiled twice during the investigation so it's not even a surprise when you find out who it is in the Class Trial.

When writing a good story, you don't fucking juggle multiple things at once. You don't give everyone the answers in the investigation. You don't try to make your characters based on memes or design and expect them to be likable. People generally don't get that and just shill their OCs because they look good and it takes years for them to complete a fucking prologue.

>2-1 was just an awful introduction case
>2-5 is especially bad

>giving the reader enough information to fairly determine the culprit in detective fiction is bad writing

Attached: asuka.jpg (344x268, 28K)

But that's not how a good mystery works. You can't be given fucking every single answer but the characters especially the protagonist is too much of a retard to piece anything together until like 30 minutes later. There should be a balance of what you know and what you think the evidence means while someone else should also present evidence and reasoning and change your logic in what the evidence or testimony means. Danganronpa is just awful because the answers are so fucking obvious and they don't even attempt to make the mystery challenging or fun.

redpilled spoiler

so basically 2-1

>All what makes a good case design is 2-1
>Murder weapon is a knife but Mikan tells you that the wound is actually 5 mm in diameter and you already know about the missing iron skewer
which is very suspicious
>Hajime does not think about this until the class trial, 30 minutes into it
>Circuit breaker was too high up for anyone to reach so that another method was used, and later you find three irons in the storage room that could've triggered the blackout and the only one who could've set this up was Nagito because his job included figuring out the laying
>Hajime does not reason this out at all during the investigation until the class trial, way later
>Nagito literally set up basically his entire plan from the butter knife, to the blackout, and the fact that he knew the layout
>Hajime does not reason this out at all until the class trial until later
>Ibuki literally heard Teruteru scream but the door never opened and Teruteru wasn't in the room either during this event, which is suspicious itself
>Hajime yet again does not think about this
>Teruteru is literally suspicious because for some reason one of his cooking tools is missing even though it is essential he should know where all of these are because he's a chef
>Hajime yet again does not think about this until the class trial

Do you see the pattern here? The problem is that the case is too easy but everyone takes to long to catch up to you, and for some fucking reason there's an intermission for a fucking case that should only take about 30 minutes to solve.

this is a murder mystery for teenagers

its easy to say all this after youve replayed or watched it several times. if youre a genius and solved everything before the trial happened for every chapter then congrats, youre a genius. make a vn and put it on steam with some real tough mysteries and cases so we can figure them out

what the fuck are you expecting from a murder mystery aimed at teens

Why are you responding to yourself?

None of these flaws are specific to 2-1 which is easily the best introductory case and even arguably best standard case in the series
What you're saying all just boils down to "why don't the characters solve the mystery before the designated work through the mystery from it's initial appearance to conclusion" segment which is unavoidably inherent to the structure of the medium, unless you make the case unsolvable before more information is presented mid-Trial which would just be having the story solve the mystery for you.
It sounds like you want the "figuring out" portion of the game to be the Investigation and then at the Trial you just point your finger at the culprit and lay out the evidence you were given without any input from anyone else. What's the point?

Attached: Hajime.png (741x1087, 785K)

Subverting your expectations
>Oh well he can't die now that he's acquired a new sprite set

Look I get it, this is brainlet's murder mystery. The thing is that the concept was interesting and could've worked well but didn't. And with all these problems, DR2 was considered the best in the series but no one glares at the issues that are there. And yeah it's fair you would know how the entire murder worked out if you played it multiple times or seen it, but the problem is that Danganronpa fails to give an interesting case in general.

And it's not like I need to make a really good VN just to make something better. Ace Attorney exists and yes, it sounds like I'm trying to shill this franchise, but still. Ace Attorney does mysteries better and of course it does. Even if you may know who the culprit is, you still need to solve how they did it using what evidence is given to you at a point in time and what the witnesses tell you at certain points, whether they're telling the truth or are lying. While some cases in the original trilogy are not perfect, most are well done in the way the player reasons everything out and are given information by other characters, not solving the case just by one investigation segment.

It's not a complete waste of time to check out DR, because I believe if you want to experience case designs and murder mysteries, you have to know what makes a good case and what doesn't. You need to have the player make theories and try to give them bits of information one at a time and let them have their perception of what said information means. Plenty of VN games can do this but Danganronpa just doesn't because it tried to juggle murder mystery and dating sim elements at the same time which was a bad idea.

Okay, the problem is that the structure of these cases mostly require you to answer everyone's questions or prove everyone's theories. I don't want to figure out the entire case from the investigation. I want to figure it out at the class trial. The characters should be more logical and you should all be able to reason it out together. What I don't like is how when someone like Nagito, or other characters have a theory or testimony to present, but for some reason you have to present the evidence yourself. Even if the testimony came from the person themselves and they should be able to tell everyone. I don't want to immediately learn out who the culprit is right away, I want to reason it out from my perspective and also other people's reasoning in the class trial so you can have a different perspective of what certain things mean.

Like, even if 2-1 was simple and was an introductory case, I don't mind if it was a case to introduce all the mechanics and I don't mind if it's written this way. The problem is everyone's arguments are just illogical or for some reason they just never present evidence to back up their theory. (Mahiru arguing the killer brought the Night Vision Goggles even though the evidence that proves her wrong is to the right of her, Peko trying to argue the same thing but she never presented evidence at all and plus she never really took a look any other place other than two places she was in, Fuyuhiko saying that there could've been laxatives in the food even though he was never there at the dinner party to begin with and everyone believes him.)

It's the fact that this case goes on too long for it to be a introductory case for gameplay and for it to be a simple case that you can solve which is a problem.

>Like, even if 2-1 was simple and was an introductory case, I don't mind if it was a case to introduce all the mechanics and I don't mind if it's written this way. The problem is everyone's arguments are just illogical or for some reason they just never present evidence to back up their theory. (Mahiru arguing the killer brought the Night Vision Goggles even though the evidence that proves her wrong is to the right of her, Peko trying to argue the same thing but she never presented evidence at all and plus she never really took a look any other place other than two places she was in, Fuyuhiko saying that there could've been laxatives in the food even though he was never there at the dinner party to begin with and everyone believes him.)
>It's the fact that this case goes on too long for it to be a introductory case for gameplay and for it to be a simple case that you can solve which is a problem.
DR2 assumes you played DR1 due to the nature of the spoilers. It's an introductory case in that it has new mechanics, but makes it clear that you should at least know how the trial works.
In a series that has all cases be directly involved with the main story due to the nature of the people involved, you cannot have a short introductory case, especially when it has to do with the plot.

>Kiyo's murder of Tenko is protected by the new rule
>don't use that and kill him off anyway
>Ryoma begins to show life signs and is deceptively competent
>don't use that and kill him off anyway (Doubly infuriating because they literally pussied out of using the retarded flashback lights for their intended purposes)
>Rantaro gets killed for having a brain
>Angie splits the surviving group and has enough votes on her side to potentially completely fuck shuichi over in a trial
>kill her off immediately
>Miu finally gets her shit together and try something
>fails and get killed off instead to set up the most retarded DR chapter
V3 is such a waste of potential. At least the magic show into body discovery & seance were cool to watch, I guess.

Attached: 1506992738510.png (701x1010, 665K)

>Doubly infuriating because they literally pussied out of using the retarded flashback lights for their intended purposes
why would they when they used the motive videos to do the same thing

The only thing mostly relevant to the plot from this case is Nagito's character, Byakuya's character and death, Teruteru being the killer and his execution. When I mean I wanted 2-1 to be short, I was mostly talking about the class trial. I should've clarified which is my fault. I don't mind how the set up is for how characters interact or Monokuma's introduction, I just mind how the class trial worked. Not only that but the tone the characters take after what just happened after 2-1. It's a killing game and with anyone being able to kill at anytime, there should be some distrust among the group but all that is easily tossed aside for some humor. It's not just the murder mysteries that's the problem, it's the game juggling between the main plot, characters, and FTEs which doesn't work well because there isn't a clear focus.

They work basically the same with how they fixed Kirumi's amnesia, just on an individual basis.
Also Kirumi's murder is possibly the most incompetent cover-up in the series, and her talent is about cleaning shit up.
>somehow lose the rubber ring into the pool from the window
>don't tie up tennis net
>use drowning instead of garroting the fucker for no reason other than give evidence (Bonus: the monokuma file spoils it even though it doesn't in case 5 when they similarly can't check it; AND It's in the same chapter where the time of death isn't specified "Because it would reveal the murderer")
>manage to fuck up using a ten meters ropeway
What a disappointment. The reveal was good, but man was the backstage shit.

>I WAITED 6 MONTHS TO MEET WITH YOU GUYS AGAIN
fuck off retard

I'm looking for a pic which showed "dead" characters backstage with props while a trial is in progress under stage light in the background. Anyone has it?

Attached: Member.png (680x765, 700K)