Where were you when EA saved battlefront?

Where were you when EA saved battlefront?

youtube.com/watch?v=F4aVSLLRSvY&t=147s

Attached: '.jpg (780x439, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D6K6ETASu1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dunno, what year did that happen in Dimension (inaccessible)?

>third person only
>wasn't accompanied by an Imperial Commando announcement
IT'S SHIT

>wanting an imperial commando by EA
>wanting an imperial commando that'd have to recreate the decanonized Republic Commando story in a way that disney / EA sees fit

nah, Sev was with them since their cameo predates the Battle of Kashyyyk

>Replies got deleted
Dunno why that happened.
I'd only seen a screenshot of three of them standing around what looked like a coffin, glad to hear that though.

>game so dead they have to ditch large multiplayer modes for 4 man co-op and single player modes
yawn

>shillfrags
No thanks.

Cool:
>they use the classic deece
>they have the grenade launcher attachment
>unique mechanic where they have a fixed mag instead of an overheat
>unique melee animation with the wristblade

less cool:
>forced third person like all the special units
>no sniper attachment
>can't take vanguard (literally the republic commando shotgun) for the complete republic commando loadout

>had the perfect opportunity to tell an imperial commando-esque story of intrigue and betrayal from the bad guys' side
>instead tell the most basic quirky star wars story possible VERY loosely told from the perspective of imperials

actually still kinda mad
TV doesn't have an issue with telling stories from the perspective of bad people. Movies don't have an issue with telling stories from the perspective of bad people. Why do games?

Not saved until the Ring of Kafrene map is fixed.

Attached: vincent-jenkins-alley-planet-night-v001-160420-vjen.jpg (1920x800, 499K)

>can't use him in 1st person
who cares

single player versions of multiplayer maps are so LAZY

looking for anything they can to drum up content

actual battlefront 2 with multiplayer GALACTIC CONQUEST is all anyone wanted

this game would be a smashing success if thats all they did
instead they decided to make battlefield 1: star wars edition LOL
GOOD JOB RETARDS
I COULD DO A BETTER JOB THAN YOU AND MY BRAIN IS A POTATO FROM BEING NEET FOR 8 YEARS

this game doesn't play anything like bf1 you dildo

and they're adding galactic conquest

it's still frustrating to play with bad maps and overpowered annoying heroes like yoda and bossk but get your facts straight

>3rd person only
>looks like he's wearing diapers

>why yes Count Dooku is my favorite hero to use how could you tell?

Attached: giga chad.jpg (1080x1331, 135K)

having vehicles spawn through menus and regenerating hp felt exactly like nubattlefield when i played the demo
i heard in that 'titan' mode they even made the transports on rails haha
does it even have actual maps and cq yet or is it still just garbage game modes

EA didn't save anything.

i actually like finn, he has some cool abilities

the only canon appearance of Delta Squad is the one clone wars episode, Republic Commando isn't canon

>EA
i'm sorry, are you new here?

i don't really think there's any crime in vehicles spawning through menus in itself, generally prevents the issue of people waiting by vehicle spawns to actually get a chance to use one, the more skilled players will generally get their hands on one first and if they die in them they get a cooldown so players below them have a chance

yeah most of the modes are more simplified than they could be

STAP >>> Other speeders
Change my mind.

Finn's Big Deal ability works really well with the Drabatan Saboteur. They can place more detonite charges on enemy structures with much lower cooldown.

Attached: vincent-jenkins-0000-envoccupiedplanetext-150414-v022d-vjen.jpg (1920x800, 456K)

Arrow-23 is superior

Attached: Arrow23.jpg (500x396, 27K)

>i don't really think there's any crime in vehicles spawning through menus in itself
dulls sense of scale, destroys sense of a static plane of existence, removes vehicles as a real grounded map resource and therefore removes scorched earth from the agenda

>prevents the issue of people waiting by vehicle spawns to actually get a chance to use one
Why should every player always automatically have the option? You need to be an officer to fly planes in real life. Maybe you should practice and get good

Besides, there were always enough vehicles to go around in such classics as Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2, and 2142, and if I spawned at a point and there wasn't a vehicle around, I made myself useful in some other manner by using AA guns and dispensing ammo and health packs to people/repairing. I didn't complain that I didnt have 'my turn' cause im not a fucking baby that doesn't understand that you need contrast to give things meaning

i dont like the ship interior segments of CS. everything feels too narrow and campy turning objectives into a gigantic cluster. i heard they were changing up the ships in one of the major updates. i hope its more than just a cosmetic change and more of a map layout one.

Attached: 1546393859989.jpg (1024x1280, 520K)

fuck finn and fuck blaster users
That sabers only event cant come soon enough

can you enter vehicles in game or are they still spawn-in trash?

You're just mad because it takes skill to use Gallandro

Attached: Gallandro.jpg (500x667, 53K)

>people complaining about vehichle spawning
some people are never happy

earning your shit > empty vehichles that shitters will just blow up ASAP all over the place

Fuck off retard

You have to spend battlepoints at a factory to build them or call in dropships.

Attached: vincent-jenkins-3155-veh-communisthovercraft-150909-v026a-vjen.jpg (1920x1155, 667K)

I have tried really hard to enjoy this game but every mode is just a clusterfuck of explosions, corridors and chokepoints.

>remember when you liked these!
>we've put them into our shit game now
>please buy our game, Disney are threatening us now
Kek no.

Attached: 1550809929048.jpg (606x599, 50K)

When will people stop falling for EA's lies? Everyone in this thread right now knows how this game is going to turn out.

Attached: 1566098355865.jpg (600x552, 196K)

It goes on sale for like $5 all the time.

>right now knows how this game is going to turn out.
its still dead but a 6/10
EA fucked off of it after the launch fiasco and isnt trying anymore jewish tricks in it

I can get a rather nice lunch for $5 instead though.

i've felt strongly about the greater impact seemingly minor changes before but I have to say I think you're overreacting a good bit

in a game like squad maybe where logistics are actually a huge part of the game sure but I don't think there's a whole lot lost from not having physical vehicle spawns a mile away from the fight in an arcadey usually close quarters shooter like battlefront. There's nothing to "get good" at when it comes to going prone at a vehicle spawn and mashing E until you make it.

There are problems, like the inability to repair vehicles yourself, the inability to get in and out of vehicles, no multi-crewed vehicles, but this isn't really a problem tied to the spawn-in system as BFV demonstrates.

Hell, BFV has both spawn in vehicles (planes and tanks) and map-based vehicles (everything else) and the map-based vehicles are rarely ever present. You know why? Because your average public player is unable to restrain themselves from driving an armored car to the point and immediately jumping out if they can do that instead of walking.

YOU. BACTA. NOW.

Attached: 78329432.jpg (900x506, 91K)

>nice lunch for $5
Bullshit

Its not dead, I can find matches in the big gamemodes in under a minute on PC. Also they said that the player counts reached launch numbers again. Keep seething

>inability to repair vehicles yourself
>he doesn't play engineer class

Attached: 1534122050445.jpg (1400x827, 660K)

Sandwich box + Milkshake

some of the smaller playlists dont see alot of life though. i have found only 1 match of ewok hunt that was barely full

Is the spammer back?

Attached: 1551401447516.jpg (788x826, 567K)

Who's hype for Conquest on Yinchorr?

Attached: vincent-jenkins-2383-set-junglecastroencampmentextint-150608-v007a-vjen.jpg (1920x800, 300K)

>co-op
>instant action like the old games

I might actually buy this game now.

there are just way too many heroes that can be easily running around at all times imo. i liked how the original handled hero playablity

Attached: 20190404042655_1.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

>playing Conquest on Mrinzebon
>fortifying base
>mudslide happens
>Imperial mudtroopers moves more easily in the muck and raze the base

Fuck this map as the Rebs

Attached: vincent-jenkins-2383-set-castroencampmentextint-150707-v0010a-vjen.jpg (1920x800, 342K)

Dude I wish they would add simple co-op, Capital Ship takes too long and the cinematic ruins the pacing. I'm glad they are changing the objective to shooting something, I've always found that infinitely better than going up to something and holding the Use button.

The main issue is that maps suck for vehicles period. The pipes map on Geonosis is awful since it's just channeled for infantry. Kashyyyk is the best but it becomes channeled fast. The maps aren't round either, they're made to be linear like metro in battlefield 3 and it just doesn't work well.

By the time there are that many heroes your team usually has them as well, and plenty of big reinforcement troopers to counter.

Yep, he's back lmao.

Redpill me on this game Yea Forums. I gave up on it years ago because of the negativity surrounding the lootboxes. No shills and no nostalgiafags who hate everything new. Are there classes like BF2? How big are the maps compared to modern Battlefield? How many players is it, 32v32? How many modes are there, and are there Hero vs Hero mode and Capture the flag? Is there space combat, and did they finally manage to combine ground combat with space battles seamlessly? Is there offline PVE or am I forced to play online? Is there galactic conquest and story mode? Lastly, how is the mod support?

So I upgraded my barracks after taking Moltok but I still can't spawn as a Ho'Din Bio-Terrorist? What am I doing wrong?

Attached: christian-piccolo-thejob-challenge03.jpg (1920x857, 394K)

well i guess but it still doesnt sit right with me. i also dont like how you had cross era heroes. getting choked out by vader on kamino was really dumb. its been awhile since i played though so idk if they still have cross era stuff. also miss how the original had the full theme of a hero playing as long as you're alive compared to the little jingle that plays when you spawn in the new game.

who the fuck is this guy? i see you in every star wars thread just posting pictures with ridiclous scenarios as your posts.

I kinda get the sniper/shotgun thing. The way the game is set up it would probably be fucky for the Commando to have a shitton of health, a powerful assault rifle, a grenade launcher, a sniper rifle, AND a shotgun. They would be prepared for and excel in just about any situation.

>nothing to "get good" at when it comes to going prone at a vehicle spawn and mashing E until you make it
the solution is to get good at keeping your vehicle while holding and/or taking objectives so you're not constantly at spawn complaining like a bitch

>Hell, BFV has both spawn in vehicles (planes and tanks) and map-based vehicles (everything else)
fractured world is still fractured, also not being able to destroy aircraft before they take off is boring as fuck as is not being able to put c4 on tanks before people get in them

when is this update going live?

Late september

>dabs on your whole team with cheats

Attached: Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) Screenshot 2019.03.05 - 02.34.07.66.png (1920x1080, 2.38M)

Starhawk reporting in.

Attached: sqoil6p65qd31.png (529x401, 265K)

>CS on Grail City still crashing after dropship phase

DICE will get shitcanned any day now.

Attached: Grail_City, Ikkrukk.jpg (1000x751, 114K)

Story mode is fun if you like base-building and it has a decent diplomacy system. The story itself is pretty much Shattered Empire: The Game with bits from the Lost Stars book and the retarded Aftermath novels.

Attached: 11053-1-225ee0abd5d6f5c38050d7ff1f9c237c-kikikurnia.jpg (1920x1016, 1.71M)

>Are there classes like BF2? How big are the maps compared to modern Battlefield?
not that big and a bad mix of channeled and arena style.

>How many players is it, 32v32?
40 total I think in the big modes. it's fine on the map size I guess.
>How many modes are there, and are there Hero vs Hero mode and Capture the flag?
Heroes vs Villain is there but is SUCKS. Hero showdown is 2 heroes vs 2 heroes and it's fun sometimes but is NEVER PLAYED. Also hero combat is worse than when it was at launch. There is a standard amount of modes. space battles, death match, extraction, capital supremacy, HvV, HvV starfighters. And Ewok hunt which is pretty neat but only has one map.
>Is there space combat, and did they finally manage to combine ground combat with space battles seamlessly?
Yes to space combat, no to combined. The few game modes that have gound and air combat get bogged down since infantry have too few ways to attack starships.
>Is there offline PVE or am I forced to play online? Is there galactic conquest and story mode?
For now, PvE is just arcade (bare bones) and the story mode (which is kinda shit narratively and gameplay-wise. Instant action is returning for offline and a 4 player coop pve is coming too.
>Lastly, how is the mod support?
There is a discord, they've done some pretty cool stuff like making offline MP modes, "new" units and heroes and high quality skins. Only thing it's missing RN is custom skins (not just edits), and custom maps.

>EA
>Saved
pick one

>caring about Star Wars after The Last Jedi

Anymore Rogue One concept art?

Attached: 1513409358216.jpg (1200x861, 626K)

>Not being pumped for the Rise of Skywalker season

Attached: DygXfKCV4AA1idt.jpg (600x680, 55K)

i still quite enjoy the older content and stray from the sequel stuff.

Attached: 20190417064018_1.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

I don’t think enough people talk about how this game has really been polished over the years, really fun.

>implying everyone on this board is amerifat

Begone, shill.

Attached: DylSfx-UUAYnXov.jpg large.jpg (1080x565, 130K)

the launch was a total disaster and it was in that kind of state for a year until the geonosis update where since then have improved the game with free updates. it should have shipped in this state with great updates like its recieving. its too little too late for most of the early adopters or just angry customers sick of EA terrible tactics.

Attached: DzAYVfiWkAEJKmw.jpg (1024x569, 74K)

It's actually $5 right now.

Attached: maxime-delcambre-toshop9.jpg (1920x915, 371K)

Attached: Dm7amxWXsAELar0.jpg (1079x454, 85K)

Attached: aaron-mcbride-0000-la-140811-set-saw-throne-closeup-amcb-copy.jpg (1920x1215, 580K)

Attached: vincent jenkins “concept art for Rogue One This was an early version of Saw's cave #star[...] (598x368, 475K)

Thanks. I am really glad they made a new trooper for the Tank. The Combat Assault Tank Pilot / Commander are just awesome looking. George is to thank for that one.

Attached: Rogue-_One-_A-_Star-_Wars-_Story-_Stormtrooper-tank.jpg (2048x1365, 221K)

Attached: doug-chiang-celebration-orlando-tall-1088x816.jpg (1088x816, 106K)

>fractured world
is a grunt hoping directly into a tank/plane just sitting somewhere on the map REALLY more immersive than flying in as a pilot when you inevitably die, something that's already by-definition immersion breaking?

You're talking like I generally play vehicles in the first place. I'm not complaining because I'm personally inconvenienced, I'm complaining because I think the spawn system actually works.

Especially in Battlefront 2 here which effectively guarantees that the best player in a match will have first access to vehicles and heroes.

How do I unlock the DF-90 mortar for the Shoretroopers?

Attached: swl41_img-6999.png (700x379, 389K)

Attached: Hubin_liam-reagan-recon-team-finishing-touches.jpg (1920x1080, 408K)

Master of none. Having a bunch of guns you can swap between honestly doesn't sound that busted when you consider that characters like the republic ARC trooper exist (which get IRNV, smoke grenades, and ridiculously potent all-range dualies on top of a power shot which fucks shit on direct hits)

or characters like bossk who get an all-range sniper rifle and a fuckload of area denial grenade shit. Or saber heroes that are near guaranteed to get a "kill everyone in front of me" button so they don't get firing squad'd by all the dudes with guns. By comparison, a commando getting a lot of health but knowing that all he has under his belt are a bunch of guns would probably make him feel downright safe to fight.

Extraction on Jedha is quickly becoming on of my favorite maps guys

Attached: D0lqbPjV4AADmJU.jpg large.jpg (1080x565, 78K)

god damn dude i know influential fans like RLM are adamant that star wars is a lighthearted space fairy tale and it just doesn't work well when you do anything else

but if that's the case why do the grittier war stories always work so much better with the aesthetic

Ever notice Kylo has unique dialogue in the Mustafar map?

Attached: john-burns-dbhdlncv0aega8z-jpg-large.jpg (1353x1920, 319K)

I have the most hours played on this game out of anyone who browses Yea Forums.

Ask me anything

Attached: bf2.png (803x641, 793K)

what is best in life

Do you think Starfighter Assault on Pandem Nai favors the Empire over New Republic?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-26 Out of the fight, Boti Harko.jpg (1221x811, 305K)

>taking RLM seriously
Those guys are hypocritical faggots

why havent you played since january?

That sucks. Do you have all/most of the skins at least? I see no reason to play until IA drops.

i mean their opinions on star wars are reasonably respected, everyone loves plinkett

people will still repeat AT-ST AT-ST when rogue one is brought up even though it makes perfect sense for a classic-era star wars movie to include classic-era star wars vehicles and meanwhile a movie set 40 years later still has exactly the same equipment but painted white and that's totally okay because daisy ridley is charismatic or something even though they're still not sure what they're doing with her character 3 movies in and her supporting characters have been kind awkwardly relegated to the sidelines trying to focus on both them and the OT characters

He's a hurt individual, just let him have this.

Attached: 1402679949098.jpg (1585x890, 190K)

My issue with RLM is that people just quote straight from them rather than having their own ideas/opinions. I'm glad they're critical, but they are not 100% correct on all their points, they've even been factually wrong and chum it up to "oh I need to read a BOOK to know that?" even when something is explained/exists in the respective movie.

>Phasma gets a buff on Parnassos now
>Has the Crush Dissent star card
>You can spawn as an Executioner Stormie at the barracks as long as she's on the field

Loving the changes so far

Attached: IMG_20180106_114852.jpg (3120x4160, 3.46M)

Finn is literally one of the worst heroes in the game.

Only his sharpshooter ability is good.

What's with the guy posting concept art with random comments? I see this in every Battlefront 2 thread.

>cool as fuck character played by a great actress
>jobs hard, dies
why did they even copy the parts of the OT people were iffy about?

I don't think she was cool at all, most people didn't care about her. It was just Disney trying to do another Boba Fett this time on purpose.

She's suppose to be cool and strong but gets shoved into the trash and then more or less insta taken out in TLJ.

Actress is great though.

Are Dark Inquiry and Ritual of Soot the best star cards for Kylo?

Attached: IMG_20160218_173902516.jpg (1456x2592, 702K)

so is the game actually fun to play yet?

Attached: 1525107265595.jpg (1024x1024, 91K)

For how low it goes, it's worth it for a casual shooter that gets constant updates that add new content.

The only real depth in the game is the Heroes vs. Villains mode.

Singleplayer is exactly the same garbage since launch.

I bought the game in June for like 6 bucks. It's pretty fun, I liked the grind of unlocking the star cards for the different classes and the weapons plus mods. I'm focusing on getting my heroes leveled as much as possible right now but once that's done I dunno if I'll keep playing. Definately got my money's worth and the new modes coming sound like they might be enough to talk my one and only friend into getting the game and playing with me.

Attached: 1566460362439.jpg (797x1250, 282K)

>the decanonized Republic Commando story
I'm pretty sure the game is still canon. I mean Delta Squad are in Clone Wars so why wouldn't their story from the game still be canon?

>EA

Attached: EA_Game.jpg (427x239, 32K)

>you cant look around freely while in cockpit view of a starfighter

tell me again that I need to buy this shit game lmao

>no more than one player per vehicle
DICE is inept

If they literally just reskinned Battlefield, it would have been a much better game.

Enjoying every piece of star wars media that was released before disney.

Even this one? :^)
youtu.be/D6K6ETASu1E
I unironically like this one though.

Their coop mode is literally just instant action but no teammate AI, why the fuck are they advertising this as a new mode

coop is just rush but with ai and a squad of real teammates