Best Mass Effect game coming through

best Mass Effect game coming through
this is unironic. ME3 really is the best ME game

Attached: mass effect 3.jpg (220x304, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tDVPC1p1ris
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're wrong about that though.

This is indeed true for its and ME2's target audience. I won't argue with that.

Mass Effect is not only EASILY the best one, it's the only one that's actually an rpg with innovative ideas, well-written dialogue, and fleshed-out exploration. Every sequel is complete trash, and hmmmm, I wonder why.

Attached: 1200px-Electronic-Arts-Logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 36K)

>thinks he's one of the cool kids because he parrots Reddit's opinions
Sorry you're wrong.

Why are you so obsessed with reddit?

Because people like you refuse to stay there where you belong

So when the eventual milking of the series via a remastered is done, they should make the ME3s SP similar to ME1s. You really should have the choices to tackle any party of the galactic war effort in whatever order you deem best, it makes a lot more sense then just having a linear war story when you have several dozen systems and multiple major conflicts happening simultaneously. It would also force them to rework Horizon and Cerberus HQ, the arguably worst main missions in the game.

Attached: 1565784529403.jpg (333x500, 40K)

Nobody here is from that site youre obsessed with. Mass Effect 3 is terrible.

>ME1 had dogshit gameplay that ruins the experience
>ME3 has dogshit writing that ruins the experience
ME2 stands as the best game in the series due to it's pure mediocrity overall. Anybody who says otherwise is a retarded fanboy

Attached: TrainedKiller.gif (400x470, 702K)

That's gears of war though

this

ME1 is the best RPG of the three. Bionic powers are at their most interesting, and the customization is engaging. The gunplay sucks though.
ME2 is middle of the road to its detriment. The RPG elements suck and the action is only so-so.
ME3 is the best action game of the bunch. All classes are fun and snappy, shooting feels good, but the RPG elements are mostly gone.

ME1 has the best story and is the most immersive, ME2 has the best characterization and ending, ME3 completely fucked up its story in general.

You stupid fucking idiot. Mass Effect 3 is the best.

ME 1 had mediocre gameplay though. It isn't nearly as bad as people remember. ME2 cemented itself as a generic third person shooter where only vanguard broke the mold and still got punished on insane for it very often. ME3 didn't have as horrible writing as people remember it either. What ME2 did have was the best party characterization and development in the series, which is something almost universally approved of, and should be the main argument for why it's the best.

I might agree if you COULD HOLSTER YOUR GUN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WTF

Shepard

Attached: Urdnot_Wrex.jpg (793x769, 710K)

There was something really cool about going from the Citadel to your ship and flying across the galaxy to another planet where you can get quests and drive off far to another area, all without a single loading screen.

I remember playing Mass Effect 3 and it seemed every missing was you being dropped off, walking through a shooting gallery type area, and then fade to black you are back on your ship. After doing that about 5 times I was just bored of the game and quit playing.

Are there any mods that make Andromeda not as fucking stupid and annoying to play? Something like removing the fucking idiotic sudoku minigames and shit like that?

Attached: 1536712429517.jpg (969x969, 103K)

>ME3 didn't have as horrible writing as people remember it
The original endings were all the exact same with the mass relays exploding and killing everyone. Every single choice that the player had made was completely pointless. I fucking dare you to try and defend that shit

Attached: nag.jpg (585x464, 56K)

ME3 did have some real fundamental issues in the story from the word go, though.
>Random child becomes the focus of Shepard's angst despite the fact that he's potentially seen his entire crew die. (I get the symbolic nature of the child, really, but it still feels cheesy as fuck)
>ME2 basically didn't matter.
>Introduces a plot device out of the blue to combat the reapers.
>Geth story feels rushed.
>Finale has to be on earth for reasons
>The ending
1/3rd of the story being good (god bless whoever worked on Tuchanka) doesn't mean it doesn't have a bad story.

Exactly. And you know, for as much shit people give the Mako and the vacant planets you can explore, I fucking loved that shit. The Mako controls were horrid, and the mounted gun was the major issue because it never seemed to hit the target when you were aiming at while on an incline, but these were easy fixes for a sequel - you didn't need to axe it entirely.

Landing on an asteroid and driving up to the research complex to recruit Liara - fucking awesome. The missions had this nice flow to them where you'd need to drive through to the central base, or through the blizzard to the outpost in Noveria, or just landing on a random planet and drifting about until you saw deserted research equipment from past expeditions. That shit was so enjoyable, and the sequels stripped it out.

For all the love ME2 gets, that game is where most of the problems started cropping up. I truly do not like any of the sequels. I treat the original as a one-off and am much happier for it.

>For all the love ME2 gets, that game is where most of the problems started cropping up.
It's truly telling that nobody talks about the bullshit in ME2 that everyone hated on release like probing.

Nah ME1's gameplay isn't some abomination, it's just bland gunplay. The skills are alright. Anyone who says 2 is the best is just a first wave zoomer.

>ME2 ending being better than 1's

Attached: 9de.jpg (393x462, 47K)

>Suicide mission isn't hype as fuck.
I like making bosses kill themselves too, but come on user.

I'm not defending the original endings, but the fix went some way to fix it and made Destroy and Control very distinct in effect and implications Merge is shit/authores favorite ending and transhumanism was barely brought up prior to it, they could have used Thane for it since all he got was 3 fucking dialogues in the hospital and that's it.

>Starchild
Retarded and I agree. Having nightmares of ravaged earth and dead crew would have been infinitely better.
>2 doesn't matter
Yes/no. It's a bridge made of self-contained stories that did an great job of character dev and making people attached to their favorites. 3 would have been lessor without it. But I agree collects were essentially a 1-time villain until multiplayer.
>Plot device
It's convenient but bearable. At least it required the entire game's build up to take any effect and wasn't just something brought up on the last missions. Again, should have been introduced in 2.
>Geth
I think it feels fine but it could stand to be longer, being one of the 2 most interesting conflicts in the series timeline. My gripe is how Destroy ending invalidates the whole point of a peaceful solution more so then the arc itself.
>Finale
I believe the reason is that the citadel can be used to process humans faster to make a human reaper.
>ending
Good stakes/build up, mediocre level design, good character interactions (tear up at Anderson), serviceable (but still frustrating) last 10 minutes.

My real issues are the Kei Lang being a non-threat even on insane who is overhyped, Horizon being pointless except for finding Cerberus, and Cerberus HQ itself being short and uneventful. Thessia is good but short (except for KL), Rannoch arc is up there near Tuchunka, and Citadel is just painfully average.

Wrex.

Attached: str2_relaxmasseffect_chester-770x470[1].jpg (770x470, 47K)

>We'll bang, okay?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

It kinda was up until the last 15 minutes. that ending was utter shit. casey hudson deserves to be strapped to a chair and forced to watch furry skeptic youtubers for a week as punishment

It's not just the collectors, it's also the fact that the crew you gathered in 2 amounts to very little in the grand scheme of 3, mostly only showing up as parts of small side quests.

>Kei Lang
God I completely forgot about him, what a shitshow. At least he gave Thane a cool death scene.

>comparing the whole suicide mission to a single point in ME1's ending
cmon son. ME1's ending starts on Ilos.

>no krogan squadmate
For what purpose

Attached: me in the back.jpg (1920x1080, 109K)

ME1's gameplay was bland and boring
ME2's was stale and lame
3 was the only competent one in the combat department

Well to be fair, I think Wrex (though he's from 1), Mordin, Tali, and Legion are kinda important to 3. You need both for their respective arcs to make the best endings possible which have huge implications, with any of them missing it just can't happen and also causes the death of the other plot member. To be fair, you're right, and it's funny how looking at it only the members of the best arcs are really plot relevant. Sad that Garrus is just Garrus, you're buddy who's going to stay just that, even to his people.

meant to say that if one is missing from their plot-pair then it's very possible that the other one can die too, resulting in an the worse arc endings.

>tfw no liara gf
its not fair bros...

Attached: liara.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Actual answer is the lead writer with the vision left leaving hacks to flanderize the story.

Absolutely based

Just installed all three again, but this time I'm playing with mods. Almost done with ME2. I'm only doing all three again because there's a mod that fixes mass effect 3's shit ending if you do everything correct. I hated mass effect 3's ending so much that all these years later I'm playing it all again so I can finally get a good ending.

I'm still fucking salty about that rushed bullshit ending hah

No Mass Effect game can ever truly aspire to being "good" as they all use the goddamn dialogue wheel.

Wrex.

Attached: Wrex.jpg (1920x1080, 674K)

Get JAM that lets you make you're own choice (it's easy to get 4k assets and MP is alive and well) + Citadel epilogue + the bridge between them from JAM. Amazing what a few lines of text on a black background can do. Helped cure the pain of 7 years.

the shooter elements were never that annoying in ME!, what was annoying was having to drive around in the mako for half the game.

The Mako felt like driving around the Warthogs which was the best part of Halo

>it makes a lot more sense then just having a linear war story
The reason for this was that the game had to be broken into pieces for disks on consoles, same with Mass Effect 2.

>Gameplay is combat
imagine being this person

>The reason for this was that the game had to be broken into pieces for disks on consoles, same with Mass Effect 2.
What? Maybe I'm retarded, but how/why? Was the game too big or something? Also, even 2 had a good deal more freedom then 3, being broken into 2 large acts of pre and post Horizon with a lot happening between them.

I have a unironically believe that some variation of the indoctrination theory was supposed to be the ending, but it was changed from up above by meddling executives. We know that executives were meddling during the development of Mass Effect 2 due to writer Chris l'Etoile's dev diaries. It's not unreasonable to think that they interfered in Mass Effect 3 as well.
Bioware had in the past done a twist on who the protagonist is near the end of the game, both in Baldur's Gate and in KOTOR. I feel that a variant on indoctrination theory would be in line with this precedent.

me3 would have been better had your decisions really mattered instead of ending up being a points system and getting sad over 1 random kid when you probably made orphans of thousands over the first two games

I still can't believe they gave the robot a camel toe

Shit taste, Steve. The Mako was great.

I actually think the random kid should have been Anderson, if his shuttle gets blown out of the sky I could see that being a big deal.

Asari genocide best day of my life

Plotwise, hell no. It had some great cathartic moments in the story, but the tone and pacing are really off and the last act in particular feels extremely rushed.

Gameplaywise, easily. The combat runs circles around the rest of the trilogy without even trying.

That could have been something special. Even moreso if you made him a council member and then Udina weasled his way in

They all have dogshit writing. Meeting Sovereign is the dumbest scene in the entire series

you deserve to be lonely for not swallowing the tali'pill

Maybe, but on the other hand Shepard's final conversation with Anderson at the end is one of the few good parts about the ending.

Yep, exactly the ones I got! It's sad when the fans have to fix your games ending. Hell, it's not even like I have a problem with a "bad" ending, it's an RPG there should be multiple endings. The problem is that ALL of the endings were terrible and clearly rushed.

>ME2
i'm plaything through this right now and I can tell you it's bare bones for writing, and upgrades don't matter, literally the first 2 hours of combat are the entire game. firs

Attached: Screenshot (11).png (339x202, 45K)

I liked Control after the fix. Shep becoming a reaper conscious overriding (or did he fully?) overlord of the galaxy is a pretty cool and ominous ending that can be said to be the real bad ending. Green end is shit, authors favorite, and barely brought up. Red is objectively best imo but fuck, took me until a recent play through to realize how huge of fags the devs were in it. Killing "all synthetics" instead of just reapers was a bitch move to pull just so it had a drawback of good boy Geth dying since Shepard can live. Which is also dumb because it invalidated the Geth plot-points of self determination and rejection of reapers, as well as the peaceful Rannoch solution showing that the cycle of synthetic slaughter of organics and vice verse would change in your cycle. Thank god the mods fix that garbage right out. If it ain't clear this specific lack of backbone from the writers is what upsets me the greatest in ME3

I don't believe you. This isn't even good bait.

Indeed

Attached: OLJbfpt.jpg (1680x1050, 143K)

Expand on that please

I remember when I heard about the indoctrination theory I was hoping more than anything that not only was it true, but they were mearly rushed so the REAL ending would be released in a big GOTCHA! Playable DLC. But no, sadly that never happened.

based

Not that user, the lead writer didn't leave he was forced out. Check the credits for the Game the lead in ME1 was Drew Karpyshyn the lead in ME3 was Mac Walters.
According to Chris l'Etoile's dev diaries (which sadly no longer exist) Drew was forced out of the project very early on in the development of 2, and Chris was forced out a little later after he'd finished writing Legion. Most accounts from devs say that Drew and Chris were the ones to actually create the universe, Drew was the one with the vision and Chris kept him grounded within the realms of theoretical Physics.

>Shepard's final conversation with Anderson at the end is one of the few good parts about the ending.
I agree. However; If the game had been structured differently, with a better ending, it wouldn't have been necessary.

Combat wise, sure.
After replaying the trilogy, the combat is a massive improvement over how fucking clunky ME2 is, and how badly designed the enemy encounters are.

The only redeeming thing are new weapons. Too bad even with the collector's edition you only get the incisor for sniper rifles which means infiltrator is a bag of ass until you either get the SMG from Kasumi's mission or the Sniper Rifle from Thane's.

youtube.com/watch?v=tDVPC1p1ris