Is Sony's Spider-Man for the Sony Playstation 4 a good game?

Is Sony's Spider-Man for the Sony Playstation 4 a good game?

Attached: SM2.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

MCucks are still seething days later.

It's a very average video game. You may enjoy yourself with it but nothing about it will have you thinking it's phenomenal. Truly, it's equivalent to Bamham in that sense.

I prefer the Arkham series but I'd say it's an overall better experience than Arkham Knight and put I'd put it below Assylum but above city, exploration is better than those games well not really Assylum but yeah. I'd say it's better than Spiderman 2 as well.

So it's pretty good yeah, the swinging is very satisfying but I think the I found the atmosphere of Arkham to be more enjoyable.

In short yeah it's good. Solid 8, m8.

Fun gameplay, amazing graphics, classic game for decades to come

It would be if the stealth sections with Miles and MJ weren't so poor. Gravity Rush is a better superhero game for PS4.

Attached: 1566206030291.png (3374x1280, 3.48M)

>It would be if the stealth sections with Miles and MJ weren't so poor
They're barely in the game

Do you love stealth sections featuring useless minorities with no super powers?

Then this game is right up your alley.

its pretty fun and the story is good too

It would be if the fps stayed above 20

It's good. There are certainly things that they need to improve on for the sequel.
Boss fights were shit.
Webslinging still isn't as good as Spider-Man 2.
Button prompts need to be removed, particularly when it comes to using finisher moves. Bamham used the combo counter as a way of also conveying to the player that you could use a special attack. Something that SM seemed to not notice.
Gadgets are quintessential to quick combat, but ruin the flow.
Forced stealth segments with Miles and MJ are fucking shit.
MJ is fucking shit, in general.

it's okay, the most enjoyable part is swinging around the city.

Yes it is a very good game. The combat is mediocre, but the swinging alone makes it a 10/10 for me.

God i didn't realize the ps4 library was that shit

10/10!

Attached: 1B8E6FE9-96C3-4678-A105-6D37985D75FC.jpg (988x1059, 128K)

It's boring as shit, but god damn did they write the best Spidey plot since Spider-Man 2. Great graphics, too. Minus it being as fucking dull as watching paint dry, it's a solid entry into the videogame series.

REMINDER ANYONE HATING THE GAME FROM THIS POINT ONWARD IS A MOUSEFAG/MARVELFAG

Attached: JUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.png (554x319, 122K)

it's alright. way better than any other sony first party games this gen for sure because it has actual gameplay. insanely short though and you can platinum it in a few days.

Do you stand with sony?

Attached: 1566483755930.jpg (2156x2711, 490K)

It's forgotten

Ratchet PS4 was better and from the same devs.

i liked it well enough. easily the best spiderman game to date. that said, i had no desire to get any of the dlc. literally everything not involving spiderman is filler and insomniac seems pretty perceptive to a lot of the criticism they got. i never really 100% games but getting all of the suits in spidey felt pretty rewarding. would be very interested in a sequel but i'll probably rent it instead of buying.

Attached: b1d.gif (272x204, 2.11M)

Yes. The mouse got greedy and got what it deserved.

>best spider-man game to date
stfu shill faggot

>HZD above low tier
>Last Guardian and hollow SotC remake are "good"
completely disregard this picture of shit opinions

>tfw when sony for once was in the right yet so many people brainwashed by the jew mouse people think it's the other way around

man of murder

Attached: 1547580540239.webm (632x686, 1.79M)

Its good in some areas, mediocre in others. I'd say they did the story and combat fairly well to call them good, with the worst part of both being non-Spiderman sections. The MJ Stealth sections were fucking awful, and the MJ story sections in general felt bad.

Yeah the Spider-man game exclusively made by Sony for Sony's video game console system the Playstation 4 (the 4 indicating it to be the 4th generation of the popular video game entertainment system) is, indeed, rather good and exclusive. Thank you Sony

Yea Forums is a cesspool of shit but this is a pretty honest answer. I love my PS4 and I'm not in the camp of bashing Sony but after completing it I honestly didn't think it was anything to write home about. The web swinging looks and feels good at first, but before long you realise the lack of depth behind it (constantly point-launching being the fatest way to move around the city ((save fast travel)), being unable to climb upside down on a lot of structures). Street crimes become tedious real quick. Hacking/science sections suck and are far too frequent. Same for sequences where you play as MJ or Miles. One of the highlights for me was the costumes. There's so many, they're so varied and often look really great. The visuals in this game are really good, also some boss fights can be good at first when you're struck by the magic of the effects. That's about it. Peace out, pls check my blog next week for more hot takes.

Attached: smj920.jpg (577x457, 24K)

At least mention JJJ podcasts on the positives desu.

Yeah, Jonah's Jones-esque podcasts were funny at times. But I guess they just weren't that memorable to me. Maybe because on half of the points I actually agreed with him? I mean, vigiliante justice, even if it is by a superhero, causes problems for society. I sort of liked that he pointed that out. But he did serve as decent comic relief in places.

I just hate how some of his best ones were on the DLCs. The ones about Screwball being a "content creator", the Maggia one where he sends Jared to start up his car or the last one with the 2 Spider-Men were top-notch.

I don't give a damn about the MCU, really, but I'm still salty about Sony killing Spectacular Spider-Man and siding against the on principal.

Very enjoyable experience, especially since the game goes for cheap.

The DLC is more of the same both to its benefit and detriment.

The final act of the game has the most enjoyable moments.

It's not that they canceled it, it's that they gave up the rights for TV Spider-Man in exchange for a better deal on films. They literally gave up the rights to continue producing Spectacular Spider-Man. Disney didn't pick it up because it was far, far more of a hassle than it was worth.

No.
It kinda fucking sucks.
Swingings alright though, but not as good as games like Spiderman 2, ultimate Spiderman or web of shadows so it's pretty much a pointless game

Yeah his comments about Screwball did have me laughing, I knew someone at Insomniac was having some fun when that was written. I'm not sure why though but the Jonahcast that stands out to me is one right near the start of the game where he stipulates what he will and will not sign in his books for subscribers. Just seemed to nail the character so hard. Especially when you think of laughing-at-Pete's-payrise Jonah like I always do.

Attached: Spider_berries.jpg (1064x1600, 354K)

Is the DLC worth it? The base game is $20 but the total DLC is more than that

is there an edit of this?

It's pretty average and forgettable. The webslinging isnt as good as Spiderman 2. The parts where youre MJ are sooooo fucking stupid and tedious.

>press x to win Until Dawn above Driveclub
Stupid.

I got them when they were on a discount for 11€, but i wouldn't pay full price for them. While fun and having some nice costumes, they're too short and Screwball is seriously annoying.

Yea it's a good game. Nothing wrong with it being good, I would say it's wroth your time. I wish more games and things in general in life were ranked on a true 10 point scale, because this isn't worthy of the 9 it got. You've gotta have a big list of games to truly work out scoring but for me this year Re2>prey>spiderman>days gone>far cry new dawn. You need to leave a good 2 years between far cry games which is why I hated New dawn after 5 hours

Not that I've seen.

It still is? The DLC should definitely be cheaper. At this point, just play the main game first till they maybe go on sale.

Attached: A_spider_called_man.jpg (1290x1279, 460K)

I don't care for either side and I'm glad that capeshit is being dealt such a blow. I hope the decline finally begins. RDJ is gone, no more spider man in MCU, all of the characters getting movies are ones normies don't care about, please please please let this lead to the eventual death of capeshit.

>Not that I've seen.

Attached: 1549478117384.jpg (603x393, 43K)

I have this close-up of Jona's face?

Attached: Spider_berries~01.jpg (291x556, 43K)

2099 solo movie when

Attached: spider-man 2099.jpg (437x664, 125K)

Cons
>MJ/Miles sections are overall pretty boring
>Side challenges can get pretty repetitive
>There are moments during the web swinging when Spidey seems to stop mid-air for a split second before the web connects

That's it. Those are literally the only cons I can think of which would turn you off to this game. Everything else is fucking phenomenal and if you're a long-time Spider-Man fan you will absolutely fall in love with this game. Great story, great characterization, great use of content from the comics and the web swinging is still better than PS2 Spider-Man 2's.

what is this meme about some ps2 spider-man game having better swinging then a game that came out last year

I would give it a solid 7/10. Swinging was fun. Combat was OK but frustrating at times, and a bit boring. Stealth sections sucked and there were also a ton of them.

Nosalgiafags who still have a boner for the subpar Raimi movies.

Tony Stark did not travel back in time to get the infinity stones just so Sony could fuck it up by taking Spider Man out of the mcu. U CANT JUST TAKE TOM HOLLAND AFTER WE'VE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HIM
#SaveSpiderMan

Attached: ECdW9OmU0AASnX7.jpg (750x425, 31K)

Come on, user, aren't you excited for Sony to reboot Spider-Man a fourth fucking time with the Green Goblin and Uncle Ben dying?

Good game? sure. It's entertaining enough and makes you feel like Spider-Man while you're playing as him. The storyline is completely uninteresting though and drags on. The majority of the characters act completely out of character as well.

If you're buying it for a fun Spider-Man game you'll be satisfied. If you're looking for an intreresting Spider-Man tale you will not be.

Attached: incredible plum.jpg (640x480, 20K)

>yfw Spider-Man 4

Attached: 2003839490.gif (200x208, 3.66M)

>SotC TOP TIER
Imagine being such a faggot.

>Bruce Campbell Mysterio will never happen because the character's been used way too recently

Attached: crying toby.jpg (625x417, 41K)

Even Walt Disney's granddaughter sides against Disney.

She went public and said that Bob Iger gave himself a 81% paycheck increase over the last year.

That's like someone making 8/hr getting 15/hr in a year for no reason but they can. That's insane

Attached: disney.png (743x789, 536K)

Spectacular was a joint venture sony with WB. Disney obtained marvel. Disney cancelled it as they don't want a WB spiderman.

bought a ps4 pro specifically to play this. wasn't disappointing. fun fucking game.

It's the epitome of derivative. Everything about the game is a copy of a game that came out before it.
Overworld/Map/Tower Unlocking - Every ubisoft and open world game
Combat - Batman
UI/Skill Tree - God of War
Mini Games - Bioshock

its great, i went in with 0 expectations and no knowledge of the game since i didnt like the last few spidey games, but i was pleasantly surprised by the combat, the swinging, costumes (default costume is horrendous tho) and the villain lineup, i even got the platinum trophy which besides DMC5 i havent done in years

Attached: GT_dance.gif (400x290, 868K)

Disney needs Sony more than Sony needs Disney.

Attached: oof.png (1026x737, 1.33M)

Cringe

also my list of flaws is
>the lab minigames
>Marie janes butterface
>Mj/miles stealth sections
>alot of suit powers being lame
overall 8/10 would recommend

I thought the lab minigames were comfy

Yeah the graphics are very impressive for a Ps4 game and the combat is hell of fun it really feels like spider-man but as a mainly PC gaymer i gotta say the performance is awfull damn i had to take breaks each hour or so ...

Attached: 1552787788536.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Combat didn't really sell me on the whole "being spider-man" thing. For one, Peter hits like a wet noodle despite having super strength, except for the times when the game lets you hurl car doors and manhole covers at people who somehow don't fucking die from it. Also Peter feels pretty clumsy while fighting, unless you're air juggling people -- god damn his punches take a long fucking time to come out, doesn't he have super speed and shit, he attacks like he's fucking drunk, which compounds the problem of him hitting like an old fucking lady because it takes forever to even knock a guy out on the floor. And air juggling people is kind of lame desu after the novelty wears off, it's like the devs realized that trying to fight groups of enemies felt like ass so they gave up and just gave you the ability to hover above them indefinitely so you wouldn't have to deal with it. Pretty cheesy IMO.

It’s still not as good as Spider-Man 2s swinging but solid enough in that (the most important) department. That I went from skeptical to platinum trophy...

I dunno user. At least admitting it’s shit is better than releasing it and calling it amazing spiderman 2

Don't worry about it, zoomers. It's not something you'll ever experience anyway.

So you want him to take out every mook in one hit?

Yes. When I'm pretty sure that I, the doughy white dude holding the controller, could lay out some of the guys Spiderman is fighting with less hits than Spiderman himself it's all fucked.

>muh false binary choice
Until you get into the air, fighting in this game feels more like you're playing as a guy LARPing in a Spider-Man costume than as actual Spider-Man. And getting into the air is literally cheating, like actual flight isn't even a part of Spider-Man's power set. The Batman and Spider-Man games should have their combat systems reversed (only no bullet dodging as Batman), Spider-Man should be the guy with the super freeflow shit and hyper speed and Batman should be the clunky fighter who relies on gadgets to stay alive.

>Why yes, I DO believe Spider-Man for the Sony Playstation 4 is a terrible game. How could you tell?

Attached: Chadman Osborn.png (800x784, 25K)

PS2 Spidey didn't have moonswinging whereas 2018 Spidey does.

Attached: 1548087481977.webm (1280x720, 1.39M)

All of the buildings in the PS2 games were large rectangles.

Hitbox

are you feeling ok retard

It's a waste of resources to perfect line up every hitbox to every surface, especially on shit like that. New York is way too big for that.

fuck off retard

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181211125237.webm (730x340, 445K)