Anthem launched 6 months ago. Do you even remember it

Anthem launched 6 months ago. Do you even remember it

Attached: 1562023561130.jpg (1024x576, 143K)

Now I do

are they still fucking the corpse?

why was hated in first place??

>Dude iron man lmao xD
did this game have anything going for it or were they just trying to cash in on manbabies' love of capeshit?

Fuck off, ESL.

It was a game I wanted to love, more than any this year.
But it got EA'd hard.
I remember it only as a warning to my future self to avoid all that bears the mark of EA because it is a cursed product.

It had such a cool premise too.
I admit I was hoping for something similar to Warframe.

Shoulda had romances BioWare

I loved the colossus, I was hoping for a looter shooter that had a more loose trinity than "everyone is just a DPS really".
Anthem was even launched at a perfect time to sweep the genre but it not only got EA'd it got nu-Bioware'd and was just lackluster in everything except the run and gun bit. Really a shame. Destiny has taken so many years and continues to revamp their own game because they don't know what they are doing, I hate the actual gunplay in Borderlands/Warframe, and Division is a coverhump shooter held back by it's desire to be somewhat realistic.

Attached: colossus2.png (983x1002, 1.38M)

I got it for free with an nvidia promotion before launch and never bothered to try the game.

relax amigo, now tell me why the hate towards the game...
I just remember the low quality graphics in-game at release, when they "sell" the high graphics shit in their gameplay. that shit was the only reasson for his downfall?

Anthem what now?

I liked the Colossus too but I inevitably ended up falling back into the Ranger over the course of my playthrough.
I was also hoping for a bit more of a trinity.

Right when I hit endgame I lost the will to keep playing.

I remember it being a massive flop, overlooked by absolutely everything else. I feel like EA knew it was going to be horrible, hence why they released apex in the same month with no mention of it beyond a bunch of random gaming news sites hearing about the leak from their insider sources. It was honestly EA trying to cash in on a market that was already really small and already dominated by other games that have problems enough of their own. In short, it was going to fail from the start.
Yes, I know the quartering with cheese got the apex leak, but I still find it absolutely hilarious that none of the gaming "news" sites mentioned him at all. Serves him right for being a fatass.

Nothing like having your shield out and knocking enemies out of the air by flying into them.
Really a shame.

pisspoor optimization and worthless endgame
that's it

>no romances
>beta male virgin protagonist freelancer
Bad idea BioWare

things are actually looking up with ben irving gone, he was cancer when working on swtor and his direction is probably what made anthem so fucked

The protagonist Freelancer is beta male virgin cuck no romances Anthem bad idea Anthem BioWare

More like his lack of direction

My question is: how is bioware still alive? They've had back-to-back flops. They should not be around anymore. I feel like it's all because of grant money because it's a Canadian studio.
Game that nobody asked for from a studio that has been going down the drain in quality and has ruined everything they've ever been known for. I'd say that it's EA's fault, but like most forms of cancer, there is no singular cause. Like I said: Game nobody asked for, with tons of bugs and day-1 micro transactions. The game could have been good, had it been made by slightly more competent people.

They deserve close down cause no romances BioWare I woulda bought Anthem if it had romances BioWare shoulda added romances in Cataclysm BioWare

a co-worker, and fiend, convinced 3 of us in buying the game with him and would not stop hyping the game up in it's coming months, weeks, and eventually days. He pre-purchase the game and played the beta and all 4 of us were playing at launch. Without going into it too much and going on about the buggy launch (everything has a buggy launch) pretty much the game had nothing to it and was pretty fucking boring. only 1 main hub/city which was small as fuck and was instanced for 1 person only even if you were in a full party. also when going into the game map you had to select whether you wanted to do the main quest or freeroam. if you decided you wanted to freeroam after questing you had to exit back to main hub then pick freeroam and vice versa, it was very unintuitive. and besides freeroam had NOTHING to do except your standard MMO Fates/random event battles. game had nothing going for it in terms of content.

>My question is: how is bioware still alive?
Feels like they're riding off Mass Effect right now.
If memory serve it was one of the most wildly successful RPG trilogies in recent history, even if it was one of the only RPG trilogies in recent history.
Bioware still gets a lot of love for that, despite the shitshow that was Andromeda.
Feels like most people that support Bioware are hoping the next Dragon Age game is really good but recent events leave them incredibly nervous.

Dragon Age 4 is multiplayer games as service BioWare but I'll buy it if it has romances BioWare better add romances BioWare

at least Destiny has a lot of shit to do and the gunplay is actually good unlike Borderlands.

This thing got everything to be an amazing game and turns out to be shit, damn.

Same, except I played it for about 20 minutes before I dropped it.

It didn't have romances BioWare big mistake BioWare

Forgot until now thanks for reminding me about the shit state of Bioware

I actually loved the gunplay and the ability combo sytem from when I played the demo, but the release was just so awful. Bugs everywhere, gear literally doing nothing, this weird kind of character interactions where it wanted to have a full blown story but it was like the writers just gave up halfway through. Just a mess.

Makes me wonder if it was meant to be a single player RPG but EA forced them to make it an MMOLite to compete with Destiny.
Or if it was always meant to be an MMOLite but Bioware tried to force a story into it.

My money is on the former but the latter wouldn't surprise me.

My friend tried to convince me so hard to buy this game lmao.

Equipment meant literally nothing in the game. The enemy and item scaling was so fucked the best weapon in the game was the starter assault rifle.

i check in on it every few weeks to see what's happening. they've made some improvements but it's still shit.

the concept had some promise it's a shame what they did to it

They shoulda added romances BioWare woulda bought it if Cataclysm added romances BioWare

if you followed the news you would know that "the concept" it's something they pulled out of their ass ,just as a magician pulls rabbit out of his hat, to impress upper management just few weeks before E3. with about 1 year of game development they built a miracle out of a few well ironed out flight animations. they can't build a good game out of that because the fundamentals of the game, "the concept", are just a rushed facade.

Anthem it's an unfixable corpse, the gameplay will never make sense due to powerful flight mechanics and the codebase is a jumbled mess.All bioware has to do is shake the corpse for a few more months to not anger fans and bet everything they got left on the next dragon age.Any effort that go into Anthem is taken from dragon age which is the only reasonable hope for the studio.

anthem's stealing resources from swtor too and at least swtor's still profitable. what the fuck are they doing?

Since ME:A was Cisquisition in space, it's safe to assume that Cisquisition 2 will be Anthem with swords.

I wanted Anthem to have rocket hammers and mech swords.

Better have romances BioWare Anthem failed cause no romances BioWare

MAYBE I'M FOOLISH

More like...

Attached: F3739DCD-CEA0-475A-8A57-EA87A0687A7D.png (494x769, 573K)

man we fucking tortanicked the fuck out of this game

MAYBE I'M BLIND

Of course, I always remember a joke that makes me laugh

They did it themselves. It started with the female dev who got upset at their CM for saying "it" when talking about the NPCs.

Attached: Anthem - facial animations.png (840x513, 703K)

Of course, not a day goes by that I don't laugh at it.