Why do people still use this? I use a Wii nunchuck in my left hand and a mouse for my right

Why do people still use this? I use a Wii nunchuck in my left hand and a mouse for my right.

WASD sucks, it's uncomfortable and unintuitive. Why do people not use something else for their left hand instead?

Attached: wasd.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>I use a Wii nunchuck in my left hand and a mouse for my right
>WASD sucks, it's uncomfortable and unintuitive

Attached: больной-ублюдок-мем[1].jpg (515x302, 21K)

Human hands have 5 fingers. WASD+Space makes perfect sense.

Made me laugh.

button movement > analog movement

Attached: 1383000416467.jpg (287x277, 19K)

>Why do people still use this? I use an Oficial Donkey Kong Bongo in my left hand and a steering wheel for my right.

i have 5 fingers that MOVE
there are three dozen keys reachable by each hand

You're absolutely right, OP. ESDF is obviously the superior choice.

For the majority of games, yes.
For games where precision doesn't matter, I'd argue analog is more comfortable.

congratulations, you understood the joke

Unironically would try this some time

How about you're wrong

I'm serious. Look at this. Your thumb for the analogue stick, and a few buttons to press. It's perfect. The mouse is great, but you could do so much better for something in the left hand.

Attached: fragfx.jpg (500x250, 16K)

>human hands have five fingers
american education everyone

Attached: hand-1.jpg (2448x3264, 560K)

Having the face buttons on the side of the mouse is beyond retarded, but good idea

Attached: frag2.jpg (259x194, 5K)

Attached: frag3.jpg (338x149, 7K)

What exactly is the benefit? Key modifiers work so much better than single buttons for PC games

I prefer the superior ESDF.

Analogue stick feels much better than WASD. Put extra buttons on nunchuck and side of mouse. Problem solved.

with one hand, I can hit the following keys easily while playing video games:
>1,2,3,4,5,6,7
>q,w,e,r,t,y
>a,s,d,f,g,h
>z,x,c,v,b
>space,alt,ctrl,shift,capslock,tab,`
>also function keys
>also the rest of the keyboard for stuff like map, journal, etc

With your nunchuck thing, you get your stick and a couple buttons.

That's a subjective argument, and you still lose out on a ton of different potential hotkeys.
Also, you're ESL so your opinion is probably wrong.

>Why yes, I modded my electric guitar to play fast paced FPS

Attached: 1551877713182.jpg (831x1024, 98K)

I've been playing FPS on PC since mid-90's, moving a stick is really awkward and non-intuitive for me. But I can see why people who came from the console world want to play with a stick. It would probably works ok for games that doesn't use strafing.

not easily. You have to look at the keyboard and move your fingers off WASD, so you aren't able to strafe while you press a shortcut key.

If you really need these keys, you can still press these keys while holding a nunchuck, and you keep your thumb on the directional buttons, so you can strafe while doing it. So nunchuck is better.

>not easily.
yes, easily
>You have to look at the keyboard
lol, please don't tell me you don't know how to touch-type. No wonder you go for a memechuk
>and move your fingers off WASD
You don't need to. Also you have built-in redundancy because you have 3 fingers resting neutrally on WASD that can take over functions if you absolutely need to move one of your fingers off temporarily.

>You have to look at the keyboard
I've been using a keyboard daily for 20+ fucking years. I know where the keys are located without looking.

You must've missed the memo; the planetary takeover was delayed and they're not supposed to know about us yet. Thanks for ruining it again.

OK meet me half way here.

The W being not directly above the S must be annoying?

Attached: WASDaligned.jpg (361x361, 12K)

it's more comfortable that way, there's a reason the keys are staggered like that

>I'm serious. Look at this. Your thumb for the analogue stick, and a few buttons to press. It's perfect. The mouse is great, but you could do so much better for something in the left hand.

Why do people continue spreading this false narrative?
Yes, an analog stick gives you finer control over your movement, but in most games you always want to be moving as fast as possible, so that added control is useless. The most important thing in a game responsiveness, and WASD + mouse to change your direction is a billion times faster than slowly dragging an analog stick.

FYI ortholinear keyboards do exist. I've never typed on one, but it'd soothe your autism.
The reason normal keyboards are slanted is because it actually makes more sense that way with how your hands curl and curve

>what it looks like when a nice guy touches you

This. Honestly the only time I feel cucked using a keyboard is when I'm playing 3D platformers. And even then, you can just plug in a controller for the games where keyboard/mouse doesn't suit your needs.

But for typical action games? digital movement with WASD is perfectly fine. You fine-tune your movement with the camera/mouse anyway, and nobody bothers doing anything but fastest run speed anyway.

I unironically did this a lot for a year after xwiimote came out. I also played TF2 exclusively with Wii remote and nunchuck.

>7 h b y
No you fucking can't. You would need to move your hand off of WASD to press those.

It's better for typing.... not for this. If you rest your fingers on ASD, then try moving your middle finger back and forth from W to S, it's uncomfortable. My middle finger naturally wants to land half way between W and E...

handlet

Attached: 2cwbhk8.jpg (2000x1125, 159K)

1) t. handlet
2) I'm left handed and hit all of those quite easily with my pinky. I play plenty of games where I have those keys mapped and readily used.

how the fuck do you use a wii nunchuck?

Post proof. Keep your middle finger on the W key and without turning your hand place it on the 7 you fucking alien.

>he doesn't use his palm below the pinky to hit the control key

Attached: palm_pressing_control_key_from_youngstabber_2013-08-20[1].jpg (300x400, 21K)

This, but instead of holding the Wiimote in my left hand, I shove it up my ass and have trained my ass kegels to push the proper buttons. I use my left hand to ensure it remains at the proper insertion depth, and occasionally to hit F5.

but i do

lol handlet

Attached: IMG_20190822_170537451.jpg (3211x2147, 1.02M)

ah i see you use the cross-arm technique too

I'm left handed. mouse to the left.

so how mouse?

mice are right handed you stupid worthless piece of shit cunt

Ok I'll leave this thread you win.

Same. I'm kind of a handlet, plus got issues with my hands and it is far superior.

but I am not right handed

Attached: inigo.jpg (329x285, 33K)

even if you were left handed, that's still a fuck ton of turning in that image

Yeah, so? It's not like I'm mapping the fucking jump key to 7. The point is extra functions are easily within reach when needed. Obviously the most used functions get mapped closer. This is common sense.

the whole point was that you didn't have to stress your hands/wrists for it you fucking retard. acting like you had non-manlet hands

I don't have to stress my hands or wrists. Not really sure what you aren't getting here.

>still using WASD on a AZERTY keyboard

Attached: keyboard azerty.jpg (1398x546, 147K)

>not using dvorak
pleb

if you dont use okl; get out of this thread

but there are not left handed mice you fucking retard i fucking hate you and i hope you are murdered by Mexican social workers

wtf is this shit you fucking honhonbaguette

Then explain this

Attached: IMG_20190731_173319472.jpg (2852x2272, 1.02M)

But there are ambidextrous and left handed mice

that mouse is left handed

>he doesn't press tab with his thumb while on wasd

because you need far more than just the movement buttons on your left hand

>desktop keyboard with a nipple
My life is complete now

im still wondering just how the fuck he uses the nunchuck on Pc games

I think you can set up the wiimote + sensor to control the cursor somehow

I've been playing FPS with nothing but a controller with gyro for a while now so I have plenty of experience with both analog as well as 8-way movement and I can tell you that analog movement actually feels like a detriment when you have a precise aiming method like gyro or a mouse.
When you're both moving and aiming which many games have you do knowing exactly in which direction you're moving is very helpful.
With analog movement you can never be quite sure. Push the stick forward and you might still be walking ever so slightly to the side, throwing off your aim. No such issues with 8-way movement.

You still have the keyboard there for shortcuts if you need it. You just hold the nunchuck and use the analogue stick for movement, Use your index finger to press shortcut keys. It's much more comfortable than using WASD.

I use my left hand for jerking off as God intended.

Attached: 1301423915434.png (371x359, 201K)

Attached: homer disgust.jpg (600x886, 35K)

I'm not talking about using the sensor bar, just the nunchuck. For which you can buy a USB adaptor.

ok but how do yo-u connect it to the PC is what i mean

If you assign the directions to be WASD, rather than using it as an analogue input, you can also achieve 8-way movement using the nunchuck.

If your point is just about comfort that's fair enough.

Wii classic controller to USB adaptor.

Attached: adaptor.jpg (1250x1250, 52K)

How fucking manlet do your hands have to be for palm to be resting on the control key when you're fingers are on wasd?

>and move your fingers off WASD
Lol, nintendo fanbois literally have tiny baby hands

>using an analogue stick mapped to digital controls
jesus fucking christ dude. Did you also play GBA games on the gameboy player with the GC analogue stick? That plays like straight ass.

if i buy this and its shit im gonig to be pissed is there a store i can get it from?

So, what about using the D-pad in pic related instead?

Attached: splitfishxbox360a.jpg (640x360, 19K)

or just use a keyboard

amazon? idk where you live. I got mine from amazon

>WASD sucks
no, wasd is sad wwwww

WASD isn't comfortable though. Resting my fingers on A and D while moving my middle finger back and forth from W to S, I have to twist my finger. When I move my middle finger forwards, it lands half way between the W and E.

Do you have some sort of bone malformation?

Attached: skinner pathetic.png (800x450, 359K)

show gif i need to see how this works

Heh he was just joking guys

He said HUMAN hands

Attached: 1554939485832.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Sticks suck for fast dodgy shooters. For your average zoomer shooter? Why not. For dodging, rocketjumping, airstrafing, walljumping, what not? Never.

I'm sorry your hands are as deformed as your brain.

Or here's an idea:
slide your keyboard down so the arrow keys are under your left hand

QWES master race reporting in.

Attached: ksnklb.jpg (319x320, 115K)

i use a vibrator wand in my left to make ur mom cum and a mouse in my right

This but ESDF instead.

Attached: steve1989mre 1.jpg (593x610, 46K)

YGHJ Nigguh

keyboard is nice on pc, provided chatting or typing is frequent or required.

most games these games, including PC shooters, have full integration of analog stick movement built in though, allowing for fine-tuned movement speed depending on analog pressure. You lose out on this with WASD.

Came here to post this. Literally no reason to use WASD.
>right on homerow so you don't need to move to shitpost when you tab out/in game
>leaves extra keys available on the left side while not sacrificing any on the right side
>bump on F so if you're retarded you won't lose your position

WASD with QE as turning, AD for strafing.

what the fuck was the point of this and how did it even work?

It was the GameCube controller to be used with Phantasy Star Online. The GameCube didn't have a keyboard attachment, so instead they just stuck a keyboard into a GC controller so you wouldn't have to switch between the two as you play. You can type out messages in PSO for other people, but using the in-game keypad was clunky as fuck.

>what the fuck was the point of this
Phantasy Star Online, as far as I'm aware
>how did it even work?
What do you mean "how did it work"? You plug it in.

i figured it had to do with that game, it's just so weird to me how a gamecube game had online functionality and even keyboard compatibility

>keyboard turner

Attached: kelly-alencar-1565719656424_v2_750x421.jpg (750x421, 39K)

can you strafejump with a nunchuck?
if a nunchuck could chuck nuns how many nuns could a nunchuck chuck?

The Wiimote was the waggle bit with the IR light. The nunchuck was the bit with the thumbstick and two buttons on it.

>with QE as turning

so i take that as a no, then, alright. though i dont understand how wagglan is related to Quake speed tech but okay

>Puts comma before and
>calls someone ESL

Commas are used before conjunctions when connecting two independent clauses.

>jerking off as God intended
No he didn't that's a sin stop wasting you seed ! You are unclean now you must not touch anything for a week and cleanse yourself on the 7th day

Based retard.

Post your selfie and break Yea Forums again.

>I use a Wii nunchuck in my left hand
Made me giggle here is your (you)

>have to steer your first person character around
>repeatedly slap one bongo to go forward and the other to go back
I honestly want to try this now

Attached: 1402648391772.jpg (610x915, 126K)

>not using the steering wheel
all of you are plebs

Attached: all my shootings be drive-by's.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

because i orient with the mouse you dumb zoomer

Checkmate.

Attached: 81hTgnd037L._SL1500_.jpg (1132x1500, 145K)

What's the verdict on RAGE?

comfortable but if you have to move your finger off one of the movement keys it causes problems

having your pinky dedicated to secondary functions instead of movement is too convenient to lose