BLEED

BLEED

Attached: mr_critical_bleed_by_kolkor_d9sy42i-fullview.jpg (400x369, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/1161051777585704960
youtube.com/watch?v=tn90hJaR8PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HK7gBaID2-k
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416381126
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2nd game really needs another dedicated healer so Vestal doesnt need to be used as often (not that she minds being used the dirty girl)

Attached: vestal.jpg (2048x3621, 3.53M)

Attached: 1513802186285.png (600x2000, 738K)

So the point was she spent so long watching two people kiss and grope that she forgot to keep the fire lit, and was thrown out of the temple?
Sweet.

Attached: C O M E O N H E A L E R.png (1373x726, 1.18M)

I use Arbalest and Flagellant as dedicated healers.

It's a reference to vestal virgins from Rome

>Almost lost one of my Legend Hellion's to the first encounter in a long warrens run (She was on deaths door with a bleed dot)
>Vestel got afflicted
>Finished the dungeon with 24k gold and with her affliction healed by dragging out encounters and healing stress

Attached: Big Zippo.jpg (720x589, 41K)

not gonna get yo far in endless mode tho

Grave robber

Attached: 1534306.png (496x868, 128K)

>ever using vestal
They’re bottom tier and don’t fit into any good comp.

Darkest Dungeon isn’t hard if you aren’t retarded. Watching people play this game is painful because they’re aggressively awful at it.

Vestal is so overused and almost essential on low light or stygian runs.
The vestal is so good she actually detracts from the game.

I play on Stygian and never use her because she’s not good enough. She doesn’t fit into literally any of the best team comps. It’s like you don’t even like marking nerds.

Any news on 2?

I've gotten massively into DD again recently - I really enjoyed it prior but can now see how badly I used to make decisions - which explains my two consecutive weeks of full party wipes. That then gave me some sorta PTSD and killed that estate playthrough.

Went back into the game after a fair break and started a new town, just yesterday got to week 94, fully upgraded the town and today killed the Beguiling Siren, only got the ghost ship crew boss left - then I delve into the darkest dungeon.

I'm a pussy and never got this far before, kinda scary but massively enjoyable.

Also dismas and reynauld are alive still - I didn't even realise til the other day when I was looking through the achievements. Guess i'll try take them to the final DD seeing as they've made it this far :D

job posting for a UI artist or something just a week or so back, so im guessing it isn't likely to come out any time soon.

Found the post:

twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/1161051777585704960

Could not write any other sentence that shouts “I completed the game in radiant” than this one

“Abusing” ( not really abusing because they are not that broken) mark teams is a gigantic red flag that you dont know shit about the game

BountyHunter and Occultists are best bros

Mark teams are one of the better teams for consistent damage and have two off healers. Vestal can fit into some defensive teams, but really isn’t needed for them. Honestly it sounds like you either played comically cautiously or shit the bed when it came to the game.

Vestal is the only viable healer for Endless mode, standard dungeons are a joke in endgame

Attached: 1565673958830.png (861x659, 160K)

She was not the pure maiden she had to be and had desires for the flesh like any other human being. She was thrown out of the church because of that.

Stygian difficulty relies on RNG on lvl 0 characters and the stress management.

Im positive you have not completed the game in stygian at all. Let alone not overusing vestal

The next game removes RNG in favor of clearer and predictable attack effects, numbers and such while retaining the difficulty.

Is this good?
Y/N

If all the RNG is removed the difficulty should be upped somehow. People will figure the game out too fast and get bored of it.

So, is the RNG the identity of this game?

No, but it's part of it. Less RNG can be good but I'm not sure what would work for DD. Hopefully RedHook doesn't disappoint with DD2 and makes the gameplay more fresh.

haven't played this game in a while, heard they nerfed stalling hard.

Is the game even doable on hard +no light without it? What the hell do you do when you get critted 2 times in a row? Just leave the dungeon?

Attached: 7585364_t.jpg (200x231, 15K)

Marking is like the worst shit, only decent for certain bosses, buffing and debuffing got a buff atleast( 1 extra turn of buff) But marking remains the same turnwasting garbage is always was. A good hero either,
1 kills backlines quickly( hellion, houndmaster)
2 heals( vestal, occ)
3 stuns reliably (abom, plague, bounty hunter)
4 is man at arms
5 heals stress ( jester)
6 is a versatile damage dealer( highwayman)
A bad hero is
1 too slow to fullfill its role ( arbalest)
2 mainly attacks the frontline( crusader, leper)
3 a grave robber

Marking is trash.
Whats really good though is healing, stress healing and backline damage.
The game in harder difficulties centers around stalling. Which means that the average fight goes like this
1 kill the stressnukers/virago/annoyance in the back
2 stall the enemy frontline while recouping your losses with healing.
Rinse and repeat.
When shit goes avry however i dont want to have a marking party that will crit a bone fusilier for 65 damage, id much rather have a healer that can get 4 heroes off of deaths door in one turn.

You say not today and crit back! DRIVE, THEM, BACK, INTO, THE, MUD!

RNG is what creates different situations and what makes you constatly have to make different decisions based on the unique situations

Ok, I'll bite. What's bad about grave robber? She can dish out some decent damage and also has good survivability.

Stalling is still the diesel

stygian isnt that hard, dunno why you would go no light all the time though

The damage and skills are alright, its the survivability: dodge is pretty bad and doesnt compensate for her poor hp.

I always use mark against pretty much all of the bosses except maybe for the flesh..
Getting 2x times as much damage for a couple of turns 2-3 characters seem like a HUGE boost, I have no idea why people talk so lowly of it.

Ofc I never use it outside of bosses, but since like every 3rd dungeon run is a boss it's not like I would call it a super situational thing

All the bosses? I want to see you mark the bird.

The problem is often that if the boss has several actions per turn it just eats the mark anyway, so it would have been better to just provide something else, instead of using a mark skill every turn.

not him, but mark was how i killed the bird in my recent run.

>killing the bird

Attached: 1324733699097.jpg (320x272, 9K)

Attached: bleed.jpg (500x279, 18K)

I'll do you one solid.

It takes the action RPG of Paper Mario TTYD gameplay and apply Darkest Dungeon elements, mechanics, etc.
The game will still rely on efficient party formation and dynamics, as well as the fun of trinkets and items for ridiculous builds.
Only you get the novelty on shifting odds into your favor with Paper Mario RPG combat gimmicks.
As an option, the game will be adjusted if you choose to play it classic.

The town has some traits of XCOM Avenger/HQ building and macro-managing along what they can possibly retain from the first game.
Not sure if it would be wise to add something like the Avatar Project so leave that out or optional.
But you will want to build it up nice and strong to compensate the aggressive difficulty of the game and the changes to it as updates start rolling in.

The graphics, visuals, and presentation will be much like the first game but bursting with animations and detail to the art.
Keeping the game in style but lots of polish and budget to up the ante.

Side missions in the form of mini-dungeons or strategically made sets of battles back to back.
Tons generated by the developer to go in hand with the game and adjust to your pacing, have a competent AI algorithm for daily, weekly, and monthly content.
Community generated ones like Hitman 2's contract system to make endless challenges by the fans, with decent ones voted to the top and featured by devs.
2 years of active expansions for a total of 6 adding all sorts of new content. With each season adding, changing, adjusting mechanics to work with new content.
Free updates and content will be included as to keep all players in the loop and meta.

Your save/run can typically go on forever but you'll want to keep it as you'll experience changes in game over time. Through story, world, seasonal, and other additional events.

Rewards for such content through events and the side missions system drop loot, specially crafted mercs, resources, etc.

Don't forget a 4 man co-op dungeon crawl MP and for those who pre-order, a vestal cosplayer will arrive at your house to give you a bj. Seriously thought, red hook is still a small studio, you are dreaming shit for DD4 here.

Corvid quirks bro

You must be using an un-patched version

Vestal was overbuffed currently and all the nerfs to Flag/Occoultist left them grossly inferior

The godcomp of vestal/jester/shieldbreaker/shieldbreaker can't really be topped anyway

POST-CoM BALANCE CHANGES TIER LIST

>GOD TIER
Man at arms
Vestal
Shieldbreaker

>HIGH TIER
Flagellant
Hellion
Highwayman
Houndmaster
Plague doctor

>MID TIER
Bounty hunter
Grave Robber
Jester
Crusader
Leper

>LOW TIER
Abomination
Occoultist
Musketeer/Arbalest

I came for memes
Post memes.

Attached: 1547747636794.png (666x894, 260K)

Attached: 1529970727649.gif (500x500, 257K)

haven't played shieldbreaker since a while, but I remember it being complete trash when I last played
no cc, no high damage skill to hit backline, all moves are limited to positions and constantly shuffles around meaning you can't bring characters that need consistent 1st or 2nd rank

what changed?

Yeah but guardbreak can be HUGE.

>Leper over anything
Try again. Leper, Arbalest, and Crusader are always your bottom 3. Then you work your way up. Having a heal, even a meme one, still makes Occult infinitely more usable. Having a stun, an actually good one, makes Abom infinitely superior. Crusader is the worst of the stress healers, and Leper literally does nothing. It's just a shitty damage dealer that can only hit the worthless 2 units, making him worthless, and that's after you fucking worked on him, because he can't fucking hit shit otherwise.

you got it

Attached: 1530374560589.gif (720x540, 2.71M)

oh yeah, and fucking nightmares meaning you can't even properly level them on Stygian

what fills the void

Color of madness alone keeps leper above the rest of low tier since that mode was meant for him and he's near-unbeatable

Anyone familiar with modding Darkest Dungeon here? I'm trying to apply skins to different skeletons, but I'm having a hard time even finding guides on this matter. Some classes have a ridiculous amount of good skins that you can't even use them properly, while others have none. Not to mention some custom skins fit some classes more than others.

I'd drop hellion, herbs not working on her anymore makes her feel really shitty, backline nuking feels like her only purpose now

oh wow a madness callback

Attached: 1529985878622.png (432x426, 293K)

My comp was maa/vestal/highwayman/maa
I stopped at exactly 1000kills with no stress on stygian lol

A massive, erect, pulsating, abominable, unfathomable, cyclopean, eldritch, unnameable, twisting tentacle

I never did much CoM farming but I used this shit in crimson court and it was extremely hilarious just non stop dodging and countering

I miss him being able to solo the game

Attached: 1529866720101.png (198x243, 48K)

>tfw no ronin class
why doesn't this game have a single asian character anyway?
there are a bunch of Africans and middle easterners in a western european setting, they clearly went out of their way to make the roster racially diverse. Why is it that Asians are never part of the western "diversity quota"?

anyway, a ronin/samurai class would be cool. Could throw money from your inventory FF5 style, maybe even have a musket

Attached: 1519387841146.jpg (550x826, 71K)

>Africans and meds are more foreign than Asians
This is your brain on /pol/.Africa and the Middle East border Europe, far East Asia doesn't.

because no one cares about asians, not even sjws

A ronin would have been alright

stop being in denial user

The west had more trade routes and contact in general with asia than they had with africa, especially middle and south africa, and half of the character skins in the game are black, even "european classes" like the arbalest are filled with black characters. There is no excuse for not having at least one asian class in the game

youtube.com/watch?v=tn90hJaR8PQ

Hitler/Nazi's aren't the only ones to consider them honorary whites

lol do you actually believe that? You know he just said that because the axis had limited allies and he needed to maintain decent relations right?

>hiring non english-speaking opium addicts from the orient

Attached: full weeb.png (1792x754, 1008K)

Grave Robber should be in high.

I'm not even asian, I just want a ronin/samurai class. It would be a perfect fit for the setting and tone, and just noted that the devs should have every reason to put something like that into the game

another cool class would be russian streltsy. Like it could shuffle between rank 2 and 3 and act similarly to a Helion in rank2 and act as an arbalest in rank3

Attached: streltsy.png (353x353, 117K)

On the one hand you get schadenfreude from sending them into the pit of terrors but on the other hand you have to endure their existence in what would otherwise be a more pleasant video game.
weebs are even worse than asians

A wanderer from a far off, eastern land would have been cool.

westcucks are hundred times worse than weebs tho

You can enjoy Asian shit without being a weeb user.

Attached: 1515878915965.png (800x1354, 321K)

I don't see how. Regardless begging for representation pandering when it clearly doesn't fit in the game makes you a weeb.

Just got done with my 2nd DD run and goddamnnit, is this dungeon fucking boring. Now I'm looking at the new quest and it has 4 FUCKING campfires. Repetitive enemies with double turns, I'm waiting ages for my turn, what a chore. I didn't expect the hardest lvl dungeon to be such an uninteresting drag.

>GOD TIER
Man at arms
Vestal

>HIGH TIER
Shieldbreaker
Highwayman
Plague doctor

>MID TIER
Houndmaster
Occultist
Jester
Hellion
Flagellant
Abomination

>LOW TIER
Leper
Crusader
Bounty hunter
Musketeer/Arbalest
Grave Robber

Dude, no.

>when it clearly doesn't fit
why wouldn't it fit into a game that alraedy has plenty of far away land characters like a bunch of afro-warriors?
just face it user, you are a westcuck. You know, the western version of weeb, who hates everything japanese/eastern and is obsessed with fellating the west

I love GR's stealth/lunge combo. But there are just better heroes.

but that's not cucked, because I am "west". are you retarded?
your "argument" is essentially that because someone shit in your cereal now shit belongs there and we should just have everyone shit in it.

why don't people use holy lance crusader?

I see everyone just keeping him in the front row, instead of putting him in the back, killing the back row with holy lance and THEN using stress heal/stun when he moved to the front. It seems like such an obvious synergy yet I hardly see anyone using it

>bounty hunter low tier
>crusder low tier
>jester not god tier

oh shit NIGGA what are you doing

>RESTORATION TIER (character is unique in ability to full restore your characters health or stress)
Vestal
Jester
>GOD TIER (character is overloaded)
MAA
Shieldbreaker
Hound Master
>HIGH TIER (character offers unparalleled DPS or huge utility)
Hellion
Highwayman
Plague Doctor
Occultist
>MID TIER (character is solid)
Flagellant
Abomination
Grave Robber
Bounty Hunter
>LOW TIER (character is a slow fatso)
Crusader
Musketeer/Arbalest
Leper

dunno I liked it paired with some grave/hell movement

you are cucked by your own shitty taste and mindless devotion to a single region. If you also think the word weeaboo means something that has anything to do with it's intended meaning then you are just plain stupid

my argument is that you are the one trying to deny desperately how an asian character wouldn't fit into a game, when it fucking obviously does. You are clearly doing this shit because you despise the idea of an eastern character getting into the game, because you are a westcuck

so you think I'm cucked by not being cucked? lol pretending you aren't asian doesn't work when you make these brainlet arguments.

this is probably the closest one to correct posted so far

but youre maybe overvaluing occ and pd

Post only the best quirks

Attached: bcktrck.png (1044x572, 729K)

Little A, little B.

Marking is great if you're not Retarded.

You need to build a whole party around it.
I run a comp of Hound, Occultist, Bounty, Man-at-Arms. And its great.
The Occultist can toss out Marks whenever hes not healing, to give the Hound and Bounty a ton of extra damage.

If you're randomly throwing in a lone Arbalest to have her alternate between Marking and Shooting, Ya its Awful.
But if you have 3+ characters all capitalizing on Marks its Awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=HK7gBaID2-k

12:10

What are some games like DD, are any of them good?

Attached: 63da8cdb5ba3859df025e39e17d3fcda.jpg (271x400, 22K)

Second game hopefully will have Dwarves because it's underneath the mountains and shit.

Attached: 1540994368373.jpg (625x478, 126K)

DD2 trailer/gameplay when?

Attached: 1563640224941.png (1280x1065, 412K)

soon

Attached: 1511905733513.png (882x734, 305K)

>First it was the Leper with large amounts of rage and chems that killed the Heart, with half health, in one strike.
>Now it's the buffed Jester who finished off the monster.

I love it when players find ways to say fuck you to a game that hates their guts at times.

>flag not a tier above everyone else
>grave robber not bottom tier
>abom bottom tier
opinions discarded

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416381126

Attached: shin.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416381126
fuck off