How come games can never do moral dilemmas right?

How come games can never do moral dilemmas right?

Attached: 1566312090160.png (320x400, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/illegal-feed-criminalizing-homeless-america-782861
quora.com/Why-does-the-government-stop-restaurants-from-giving-their-excess-food-to-the-homeless-people-who-are-digging-leftovers-out-of-dumpsters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are too pussy to do real moral dilemmas

Morals isn't reel, that's why

Give apu food.
C’mon it’s a job at fucking McDonalds

because morality is subjective and not everyone will ever agree on one thing to be a good idea and done 'well'

Attached: 85886863.jpg (236x293, 10K)

[glass him]

>what is Pathologic
Of course this thread isn't about vidya, so OP will never even try the game.

>C’mon it’s a job at fucking McDonalds

Yeah, do you think someone working there can afford to lose their job? It's not a fucking charity, if they give away free food it comes out of their already laughable paycheck. If you're hungry and you don't have money there are food banks and shit, if they gave away free food to everyone who asks they'd never turn a profit.

subjective morality is an oxymoron you hylic retard.

>if they gave away free food to everyone who asks they'd never turn a profit.

In this case they is McDonald's, sorry, just wanted to make that clear.

I'd kill them both painlessly to increase the total happiness in the world.
Chaotic good ftw

Then Apu tells the other 500 homeless on the block in commiefornia, no thanks

Based

A mchicken is $1.07. you can panhandle that

Why are you posting the same thread over and over?
Are you a legit schizo?
Are you that proud of that shitty pepe edit you keep showing it around?

(you)

Attached: utilitarian cucks.png (500x521, 116K)

Can't I just give Apu some money to buy a burger? Atleast I don't risk losing my job if I do that.

casuals will complain about having to live with a decision.

>Are you a legit schizo?
reddit catchphrase

This, if you give the homeless an inch, they will take a million fucking miles. Give Apu a cheeseburger and before you know it you've got hordes of hobos coming in, asking for free food because, using the bathrooms to bathe, clog up the toilets and do drugs, and harassing the paying customers for change. And you're the one who gets in trouble because you started it. Spare everyone the hassle and tell him to fuck off and come back when he has money.

i'd give apu food

If you're working at McDonald's can you really afford to buy free food for customers?

Apu crawling towards me yelling GIB MCDOUBLE in a bike thing is easily worth the $1 for me to buy it myself

No money, no food.

You realize you'd get fired for doing so, right?

Give him the leftovers that would have gone in the trash.

then pedro loses his job and becomes a hobo begging for food outside mcdonalds

Kill it instead of prolonging it's suffering.

if you wanna give him food why don't you buy him some instead of taking it from the restaurant?

Because stealing is "morally grey"

Don't give homeless people shit. They talk. You don't want to be the guy who the hobos know as "the dumbass who buys food for anyone with a sob story".

but then you risk losing your job retard

I'd rather be liberal over having a job

because corporations and game writers are morally bankrupt

Attached: 666456.jpg (210x240, 5K)

Apparently he's one of those rich people who only works at McDonald's because he doesn't have anything better to do, or because he wants to see what it's like to be poor.

>that rich zoomer kid who is forced into a fast food or delivery job by parents and fucks it up on your order
every fucking time

that's how you end up like apu

restart the timeline and shape new world as i like

Yeah? If it's just one burger it's not gonna hit my finances hard.

I used to work at mcdonalds and I made enough money to gift someone a burger every now and then.

You guys are talking shit about the homeless here but what you don't realize is that Apu is missing both of his legs, it's probably not his fault he's homeless.

You're assuming Apu is homeless; he specifically says that he's poor and hungry, not homeless, he doesn't even clarify that he can't afford the food.

For all we know Apu is a crippled conman, deliberately omitting information for pity in order to gain free stuff and minimize his expenses.

Attached: 1522105493969.jpg (1826x1795, 130K)

>go out with my gf on a lunch date
>we went to this beautiful Japanese restaurant
>we sat outside, because we loved the view
>two drunk hobos approach us
>"yo, dude, I know this is, like, really awkward, but I would really like to have something to eat"
>I think I have some pocket change
>"Lemme check my pockets"
>"No, dude, we just want something to eat, like real food, not money, don't give us money"
>"Sorry, man, I just really don't have extra cash"
>"Oh, come on, dude, you were just about to give it to us. I'll take whatever, really"
>For some reason, the waiter brough us our food while this was happening and she just ignored them
>"oh, bon appetit, sir... Are you going to give us some of that"
>"What? No, I won't, sorry man, I'm not giving you anything"
Then the guys left. I was so fucking scared because my wallet was in my backpack, and the backpack was in a chair next to me and very close to the guy. I was certain they were gonna take it.
But yeah, hobos asking for ramen and makis, instead of going to the soup kitchen

How long is a burger gonna keep him fed? What will you do when he comes back a few hours later and is hungry again? And this time he has a friend with him. And maybe his kid. What if he waits for you to go home, and then he harasses you to give him money and stuff because he remembers you giving him food earlier so you clearly have a good heart and care about him.

I won't feed him again, I'll tell him to go to one of the places that give homeless people food.

If he keeps harassing me then I'll call the police and they'll take him away.

>Apu takes the money and runs off to buy more Krokodil, that's how he lost his legs.

Who are you quoting?

What's an Apu? Is it one of those made up genders?

The greatest moral dilemma Yea Forums has ever faced was determining was who was in the right in this situation?

Attached: chibi and caveman.jpg (951x707, 118K)

The guy who used to work at the Kwik-E-Mart. He's out of a job now so he's fallen on hard times.

Attached: file.png (683x635, 219K)

I would give him the food that "expires" by sitting under a heat lamp too long. plenty of that goes to waste every day. like a lot of it. still perfectly fine to eat
>t. worked at Arby's

You should be able to solve this.

Attached: 1549521916746.png (530x455, 43K)

Why would I help those at the hospital to do their work when I'm not getting paid?

quickest time between wings and the importance seems to be in order

2 1 3 4

If I could I'd kill you very slowly I'm not joking give me your address I'll fucking do it

'tism

1,2,3,4. That's just my natural response, though. I wish I could come up with a logical reason behind this order, but I'm at a loss for words.

[Put Apu out of his misery]
*click*

Attached: 1541456334335s.jpg (225x227, 9K)

This.

These don't work anymore they've been done too much. Loss needs to evolve yet again if it wants to remain surprising.

lol why would I solve any of that? I don't work at the hospital.

>actual human being in dire need asks for food
>Give him food with absolute diligence and ask nothing in return
>fatty 40yo virgin managers comes to give me shit
>Laugh in his face and tell him to fire if he has the fucking balls
>Don't get fired, manager gets moved out to a different store since he feels "unsafe" working with me but I haven't done anything illegal
>Company tries to fire me
>Threaten them with obliterating them over social media saying they fire people who help people that cannot afford to eat, colleagues are up for it too
>Still not fired
>Quit the job after summer is over
Real story that happened to me a few years ago working at a local sandwich store.

Just call the local retard stowage facility to send a handler to feed him and take him back to the facility.
Goddamn I hate those places when they are build right on side of the street like normal human buildings. They should be in middle of a forest or have tall solid fences with the main gate on the back.

And then everyone clapped

kek'd audibly

>not a single loss mention
Am I on a different dimensions today?

How do we know apu didn't give someone free food at his job which got him to where he is in the first place? Maybe it's just a vicious cycle.

No, you're just blind.

All of those could be spun to be the most important one or to be absolutely irrelevant.
My answer is don't post retarded questions for ignorant zoomers.

>Not spitting into the managers eye, call him a jew and shit on the floor so you have enough witnesses of your autism to get welfare.
Get on my level.

Fucking kek well done

They're like stray cats except more dangerous, giving jobless junkies free shit in an already overpopulated world is a terrible idea. The best outcome is some of them turn their lives around for the better and the rest of them starve to death. If you really felt bad for a homeless person you would tell them to get a job or get in treatment

>Not Tonight
>Papers please

inb4 you retards freak about about trannys or some shit

Attached: 1560553932548.png (634x662, 382K)

Kinda, at least I inspired my colleagues to not take any shit from stupid loser managers with inferiority complexes.
The best thing you can do in a job with one of those retarded soiboi bosses is telling them "lets bring it outside" the first moment they try to humilliate/overpower you. You'll suddenly see them deprived of their only weapon, the fear of losing the job, and then all their armor falls off and they become the old bullied rat kids they used to be and slither back to their bosses den. They'll be so ashamed and humilliated they won't report it and they'll leave you alone forever.

You know you can just do it once and then refuse the other times

Too bad, so sad, don't care. He can get a job and earn his keep like the rest of us.

Here's an actual real story.

>work in a small tourist trap in central london almost ten years ago
>have a buffet spread one evening to pull people in celebrating the queens jubilee to which nobody attends because they're celebrating the queen's fucking jubilee
>tons of wasted food
>can remember how morally wrong and wasteful I felt after emptying one tables worth into the bins outside
>suggest in a cautious laughing but serious way that we should try and go about giving it out to all the homeless
>"no, if they get sick then we're held liable"

and that really is the truth of how it works

Attached: 1556298662537.jpg (657x527, 38K)

It's both subjective and objective. To oversimplify, you have issues where doing the right thing will be beneficial to all parties involved or positively impact many more in a more significant way than it may negatively impact the minority then you have issues where you're taking away resources from many in order to positively impact those you decide to assist. There's plenty of cut and dry scenarios that can be statistically determined to be far more ethical and beneficial than how it may negatively affect the few or anyone at all.

like most of them.

"sorry man, I ain't got nothin today"
it's not fucking hard

shit sometimes I buy a second 99 cent fountain drink from 711 so the schizo who hangs out front doesn't get heat stroke. doesn't mean I have to do it every time. I ain't made of fountain drinks, man.

>green text is only for quotes
Was it autism?

>worked ten years ago
>frogposter
You can't fool me

Make him an order, but make it wrong so he gets free food. Then Apu will have twice foods.

>work in a supermarket
>busily using my phone as I leave one night
>there's a homeless guy begging right outside the doors
>calls to me as I pass demanding change
>"No"
>call me a dickhead
>have never been insulted by a stranger before in my entire life
>"fuck you"

Attached: 1392944705828.png (252x249, 3K)

If the main gate is on the back, wouldn't that become the front? Seems like you belong in one of those institutions yourself, user

How about handing them a job application?

That's just what better sadist than sorry managers say to avoid risk, when was the last time a restataunt got sued for making the homeless sick? 80% of them are already sick, they probably couldn't prove it anyway.

Also it's mainly that they don't want the homeless lootering outside their restaraunt, and if the fatasses actually said that instead of this big liability lie I'd hate them a lot less.

I've never questioned what he said before I just took it as the truth. Though I've never thought about it again until this thread, anyway.

Anyone still working at McDonald's for an extended amount of time is stupid, not poor, or more properly poor because they're stupid.

newsweek.com/illegal-feed-criminalizing-homeless-america-782861

although

quora.com/Why-does-the-government-stop-restaurants-from-giving-their-excess-food-to-the-homeless-people-who-are-digging-leftovers-out-of-dumpsters

In truth there probably is a slight risk of that, but I'd guess that payong customers getting sick from your food are nore likely to raise a stink than some homeless nobody.

Prey almost got it right, where you can nuke the fuck out of the station to be safe or choose the riskier option that will save the lives of everyone left on the station.
But the other, smaller, moral choices related to NPCs are a choice between doing a good thing and doing nothing. You can also just kill everyone, but that's not fun.
Also (actual spoiler please don't read this if you're thinking about playing it) it was revealed to have been a simulation and the only impactful choice is reduced to a ME3 style "pick a color."
Which is pretty goddamn lame but I can sort of see what they were going for. Solid game but the moral choice aspect was pretty scuffed.

Attached: 1528823687939.jpg (500x575, 50K)

Frog posters should gassed

Attached: 1C6D4806-271B-4214-9159-CA5E5F145662.jpg (567x389, 25K)

I do Problem 4 first, but rather than helping them cope, I punch the girl in the stomach to rub her miscarriage in then I dab on both

based

Attached: veryfastcaco.gif (200x200, 42K)

took me a second. good one.

Attached: sneedab.gif (1100x450, 326K)

L,O,S,S

Attached: 1561732638991.jpg (1024x1024, 76K)

Does caco have puss puss?

ill just buy him food

easy

>shit sometimes I buy a second 99 cent fountain drink from 711 so the schizo who hangs out front doesn't get heat stroke
Motherfucker if it wasn't for you and your goodie two shoes act we'd been rid of that fucking schizo years ago.

I see a lot of people criticize the ending for being either black and white or meaningless, but it was less about the moral choice presented and more about the exploration of the Typhon as organisms.
You're actions as the player in a simulation making smaller scale decisions, relatively speaking, decide whether the Typhon are capable of evolving past their predatory nature or succumb to it after they've already wiped out humanity.
It's essentially exploring what happens when you give an life form so far removed from what we can comprehend the trolley problem in a more complex manner and whether or not they switch the tracks or not.
Granted I think this would be better suited to explore further in a novel rather than a video game but the framework is there.

i don't want to ask to be spoonfed but if i stare at this long enough should i eventually be able to git it without any key beyond this?

user you might actually be retarded.

could be, could just very well be.
i don't know any secret info tho, so im just trying here to see if that's the deal. is it just that i lose by playing? i want to see how loss is spelled out as i think it may be

>Apu crawling towards me yelling GIB MCDOUBLE in a bike thing
What the fuck is wrong with me I’m literally in fucking tears from laughing at this

Honestly thought the ending was genius because of how if you flee on the pod it makes even more sense. The whole "it's just a simulation your actions doesn't matter" sound kinda dumb, though. I guess it's because I got the shitter ending and it makes pretty clear that you're not always going to get everyone to vouch for you.
Agree on Papers Please, glad I got punched in the dick for some empathetic decisions since games LOVE to praise you for having basic empathy.
I know it had no choices to be made but Nier and Nier Automata really fucked my shit up, especially some irrelevant sidequests.

>Always been a casual babby gamer
>Buy Pathologic 2 on a whim because of the creator ranting about being forced to make the game easier since people wouldn't buy it
>Have it sitting since purchase because I'm scared to get raped repeatedly

>unironically using a purse
You're such a fucking faggot, user. Holy shit.

Writing a quest that makes you choose between "Chaotic Good" vs "Lawful Good" is much more difficult than having a quest step choose between right and wrong.
Faction systems are the easiest way to make the player choose "the greatest of two goods" or "lesser of two evils". It can be done well though.

Attached: geneforge 1.jpg (440x440, 23K)

send apu to the local heron

Attached: heron.jpg (400x264, 13K)

1,2,3,4 most likely. Pretty good question.

FUCK, IT WAS

Attached: what.jpg (960x838, 51K)

Fuck Serviles.

Attached: assassin compass.jpg (533x532, 112K)

I'm a man before an employee.

You could at least make this difficult by changing Apu to a white name, or a woman perhaps
Yeah no brown man that's more than me jobs worth