Joker

Joker
>almost twice the work went into his moveset when you factor in that Arsene has his own animations/variations for each one of Joker's moves
>stage has 3 different variations that give Joker 3 different victory screens, each with their own theme and rebellion gauge
>between victory quotes and final smash, has the most unique spoken dialogue for his moves, thanks to all the phantom thieves
>has mechanics no one else does, like his rotating victory screen and final smash exclusive ending
Hero
>has the largest pool of special moves in the whole game, via his command menu
>4 alternate characters in one, each one having a VA hired to record brand new voice lines just for this game
>unique critical hit rng mechanic

all the fighter's pass packs so far have so much extra effort put into them than usual newcomers. what gimmicks/extras/special attention to detail do you think Banjo's moveset or stage will get for this pack that will make them feel "special" in comparison?
>Grunty dialogue for characters on Spiral Mountain/Grunty boss fight
>Spiral Mountain having unique collectible items, which picking up cause special effects (examples: gold coin powerup on New Super Mario Bros 2 or the materia on Midgar) possibly stuff like Notes, Mumbo Tokens, Jiggies, or Jinjos
>moveset based on collecting randomly generated items on the stage for special moves (gold feathers, eggs, etc)
what are your ideas or predictions?

Attached: pass.jpg (1000x562, 175K)

IT’S ALL GUARANTEED TO BE DOGSHIT, UGLY STAGE, UGLY CHARACTER, AWFUL MUSIC AND NOT EVEN 8 SPIRITS.

UGLY BEAR CUNT WILL GET NOTHING BECAUSE SAKURAI AND THE DLC TEAM DIDN’T WANT TO ADD HIM AND THEY’RE LAUGHING AT YOU ALREADY THINKING HE’S GOING TO BE TOP TIER AND LAUGHING AT YOU EVEN MORE IF YOU THINK HE WON’T BE CUT NEXT GAME.

Phoenix Wright!

Attached: whip_sound_effect.gif (397x192, 214K)

It’s because they are paid and they have to probably be okaywd by the people whom own it they aren’t gunna let them use if it’s gonna be half assed trash
Ya dumb

Made this idea for Dante's moveset a long time back, might as well repost it since it fits with the thread's theme. I also know jack all about Banjo other than the fact his first two games are pretty good, but I also want an excuse to repost this image.

>D-Pad switches Styles that swap the entire functionality of his Specials
>Up- Trickster
>Right- Swordmaster
>Down- Royal Guard
>Left- Gunslinger

>SM
>Neutral B- Prop Shredder
>Up B- High Time, Ariel Rave in midair
>Side B- Stinger, Million Stabs if mashed
>Down B- Drive, Overdrive if mashed

>Gunslinger
>Neutral B- Mad Hatter
>Up B- Revenge
>Slide B- Gunstinger
>Down B- Honeycomb Fire, Rainstorm in mid-air

>Trickster
>Neutral B- Dash, Sky Star in mid-air which can be followed by Mustang or Wall Hike if used near an enemy or wall, or Flipper if hit and sent flying after a certain distance
>Up B- Air Trick
>Slide B- Ground Trick
>Down B- Trickster doesn't have enough moves for a down B. The roll from Gunstinger in 5?

>Royal Guard
>Neutral B- Block, Just Block if used right before an attack hits
>Up B- Air Block, Just Air B if used right before an attack hits
>Side B- Release, Royal Release if used right before an attack hits
>Down B- Royal Revenge

>Final Smash- DT Jackpot: Dante activates DT and sucks the enemy into a portal where they're comboed by himself, Vergil, Lady, Trish, Lucia and Nero. Dante and Vergil finish with the Jackpot from DMC3

Attached: Dante and Banjo.jpg (1024x443, 76K)

Grunty bants are all I really need, honestly.

>SAKURAI AND THE DLC TEAM DIDN’T WANT TO ADD HIM

Then why did he pick him? Nintendo gave him a list and told him to pick five, why would he pick Banjo if he didn't want him?

Slash/Bust Nakoruru, Slash has the hawk and Bust has the wolf

Attached: nakdoll.jpg (1024x1023, 150K)

Hoping for Heavy

based on the complexity of his mvc3 moveset, this really wouldn't be too farfetched
Same. I just want some excuse for the characters to talk their signature gibberish during the spiral mountain stage

DLC
>Joker
>Hero
>Banjo
>Kasumi
>Crash
DLC#2
>Geno
>Leon
>Rayman
>Hayabusa
>Shantae
DLC#3
>Isaac
>Waluigi
>Frogger
>Bomberman
>Agumon

fuck off

Attached: image.png (676x857, 284K)

He gave into the fat autistic grown me who can’t be bothered to get a life, Sakurai has suffered developing ugly bear cunt and he’s going to make his fans suffer by giving him as little content as possible

Fuck off, we’re only getting one pass

I'm just interested in the characters at the moment. The stage seems small.

men*

has anyone talked about Pyramid Head getting in?

I was thinking last night and he actually seems likely, unlike most of the joke picks people post here.

Attached: pyramid_head_color_by_indecom-d10ad7q.png (900x1367, 769K)

Hopefully nothing. Make him fucking generic as shit.

Brainlet. After this there'll be a first party fighter pass and an assist promotion fighter pass.

This is exactly why UBC-Chan is so full of shit. Microsoft won't let Sakurai and his team half-ass Banjo and Kazooie. The only reason Cloud is starved for content is because Square-Enix was stingy as fuck with the copyright, which you would think Microsoft would be the same, given they're rivals with Nintendo, but it's quite the opposite.

Attached: Master_Chief_in_Smash.jpg (4518x1870, 3.5M)

>CHARACTER I WANT GOOD
>CHARACTER I DON'T WANT BAD
What a compelling argument!

>another Konami horror genre pick when we got Castlevania
I don't see it as likely, personally. If anything I feel like a Resident Evil character would be logical

Yeah I remember Pyramid Head from those Nintendo games

>almost twice the work went into his moveset when you factor in that Arsene has his own animations/variations for each one of Joker's moves
Yet he is one of the most boring characters in the game. His moveset is a frankensein of multiple fighters. I appreciate the effort on the aesthetic gimmicks, music and the stage but honestly he is probably the worst DLC newcomer we've had (yes, including Corrin).

It's amazing how Joker keeps making people upset. He was announced over 6 months ago man, stop seething

INDEED ;)

Cloud was fucked because squee wanted him to be dlc again

RETARD, NINTENDO ISN’T GOING TO SUPPORT A GAME WITH DLC FOR OVER A YEAR, THEY NEVER HAVE!

STILL DLC THOUGH ISN’T IT

Zero and shadow as fighters
Basado

Giving this fucking faggot a name is only going to ensure he keeps coming back.

Lmao be careful user, you can get kidney stones with that much salt.

>fat autistic grown me who can’t be bothered to get a life
Everyone who plays Smash desu

INDEED AND I LIKE IT ;)

You like that name, huh? I personally think it doesn't suit you, very well. How about "PoopyDick88" instead?"

Attached: Master Chief Smash bros.png (1200x813, 1.34M)

People are honestly really crazy if they don't think Banjo's not gonna get a lot of DLC content. Banjo himself has so much attention to detail, not to mention the little things in Spiral Mountain like the 1-Up Trophy above Banjo's house like in Kazooie, and they even got Grant back to compose a song. The Smash team isn't half assing Banjo, and I doubt they're half assing any DLC fighter, seeing what we got with Joker and Hero so far.

Good, that way we can laugh at him longer.

Would win in a fight between UBCfag and ESLfag?

>His moveset is a frankensein of multiple fighters
I've seen that comparison video too, but that argument doesn't work.
All of the characters on the roster are going to have shared moves in a way, especially when the roster gets this big.
>K. Rool fair is Bowser bair
>K Rool bair is Ganon fair
>Hero has plenty taken from Link
>Ridley has plenty taken from Charizard
>and so on and so forth
But what's the alternative? Having these new characters do things that are completely out of character for them? Besides all these "similar moves" still have different hitboxes, damages, and overall properties.

>rosterfags belive this
Hahahhahahahha
oh what ur serious let me laugh some more hahahahahhahahah
>Agumon
Based

Okay, this is stupid. 3 fighter passes? We'll be lucky if we get 2.

I like the idea of collecting Mumbo tokens to determine how Mumbo fucks with the fighters. I really hope that moveset based on collecting randomly generated items thing doesn't come true because I've seen people throwing the idea around and it sounds absolutely terrible.

King Boo or E Gadd should at least be an AT or part of a stage. I thought LM would be getting more of a push.

>moveset based on collecting randomly generated items on the stage for special moves (gold feathers, eggs, etc)
I honestly don't see this happening. I think the most we'll see from them is a finite use side special that either can only be used to its full effect 5 times per stock (and once you're out, it just becomes a charge with no armor and low priority) or at most, only golden feathers will spawn to allow you to recharge it, but I doubt the entire moveset will be based on picking up collectables.

I think Hero really skewed expectations for gimmicks with how much complexity there is to it and is causing people to forget that Joker's gimmick is pretty simple and straightforward. I think Banjo & Kazooie will be as well and we likely won't see anything quite as out there as Hero for the rest of the fighter pass.

Banjo probably won't have any huge gimmicks. I could see Side-B being a non-spammable rechargable super armor move, but that's really about it.

Considering the wierd ass sound that was in the spiral mountain bridge shot, i think a grunty boss fight might actually be a thing

I'm expecting the stage to be a scrolling stage. There's no reason to have it rotate like that if the top of the mountain is the only place available to fight. It probably starts at Banjo's house and then travels around the area and then has you climb the mountain. Has me curious what kind of tricks they would need to pull to make the climb up work since it's a curved spiral and not just a 2D plane but I could see Sakurai's team making it work somehow.

>alucard/bomberman
>shadow/knuckles
>zero
>Krystal/ghirahim
>isacc/Midna/lyn
Would be really kewl tfw there are more interesting characters as assitr trophies than what we actually got

grunty lines like palutenas guidance would be dank. But i do think we're getting a grunty boss along a bossu rush mode.

splines babyyyyyy

Attached: chrome_FNHAJocJaS.png (1280x721, 1.46M)

>which you would think Microsoft would be the same, given they're rivals with Nintendo
The two have actually been quite cooperative since E3 last year and I think it's largely because MS realized Nintendo isn't really a competitor and is instead offering a completely different product. Nintendo has been dancing to the beat of their own drum since the Wii and most households generally by a Nintendo system IN ADDITION TO another console like Playstation or XBox, not INSTEAD OF.The only households that don't are fanboys which will never change their mind and aren't worth the effort. MS more thank likely sees it as more beneficial to work with Nintendo than against them because neither company is eating into each other's profits and the only true competition they have is Sony.

The stage is the weirdest part to me. From screenshots and the trailer alone, we’ve seen
>players fighting on the mountain with the bridge to Gruntys lair up
>players fighting on the mountain with the bridge broken
>banjo facing gruntys lair, implying you’re able to walk onto the bridge
>players on the mountain with segments of the bridge floating by the sides as platforms
It makes me wonder if this all a bunch of fuckery going on with a transforming stage or if there might be an alternate version of the stage used for a Grunty boss battle

afaik they've been working with nintendo ever since the wii shop channel's VC release of donkey kong country

yeah, reminds me of how they swapped out the dracula castle stage inbetween shots in the simon/richter trailer

chosen undead has a lot sakurai could do for him.

Attached: Chosen Undead Moveset.jpg (4000x2619, 2.64M)

Reminder that Crash will never be in because he doesn't have a good enough moveset.

reminder that you're a massive faggot

Pac-Man literally attacks with random sprites from his game.

>1-Up Trophy above Banjo's house like in Kazooie
This is the kind of shit I love to see. Little details that show you these people have actually done their homework and played the games. Hell, one of the screenshots even showed Buzzbomb (the dragonfly that flies smack into the Rare logo in the BK intro) in the background.
I’m personally hoping we see some hopping vegetable enemies too

He’s telling the truth COPE

Attached: 27E2C1F7-903D-4D3B-AB02-19D72CD80EEE.jpg (737x1024, 82K)

Pac Man pulls his moveset from various games, the actual reason Crash won't be in Smash bros is because he has zero fan demand, people were only talking about Crash because they didn't want Banjo but still wanted an ugly cereal mascot. Trying to pretend Crash is on the same level as Sonic or Pac Man is laughable..

>Doomguy gets in
>Has his own form of rage meter
>When it reaches maximum he goes berserk mode
>Normally, all of his non-specials use weapons like chainsaws
>when he gets berserker, he gets an increase in speed, and his chainsaw and shit is replaced with his bare fucking fists

literally this. He's too fucking boring and has nothing that would make him stand out at all gameplay wise.

actually isn't the first shot of that trailer banjo actually running onto the bridge?

I'm not a Crash fan at all and I love Banjo-Kazooie, but you can't act like Crash isn't more popular than Banjo in general.

and that isn't a good thing you retard. His moveset sucks dick aside from his kino specials and dash attack.

I'm afraid that King Boo is just Boo big

I don't understand why Crashfags think Aku Aku would be his final smash either, since transformation final smashes are out and Aku Aku would just be a star that lasts longer.

I don't even want him and I have a hard time believing anyone is saying this seriously about any character when the fucking Wii Fit Trainer is in.

Close. He runs past it. You can see both parts of the bridge behind Bottles.
He is very clearly on it in that final pan-out shot that shows Gruntys Lair, though. That’s what I’m thinking could be the “boss version” of the stage

This. Banjo’s Franchise was minor at best irrelevant shit at worst and was only relevant during the N64 era. Banjo is only here because the neckbeard manchildren screeched the loudest and the hardest, Banjo is used goods, Crash is in the now and is more popular, relevant and beloved than Banjo.

They won't do Grunty dialogue
She doesn't rhyme in Japan

In regards to Smash he isn't in the slightest, it's the same deal with people memeing about the Heavy being in, the fan demand is nothing compared to actual requested characters. Shit, even Rayman, who sucks, had more consisten demand than Crash.

I don't think it would be hard at all to come up with a decent moveset around TNT/Nitro Crates, Aku Aku, and the special abilities from 3.

>implying

Attached: King Boo Moveset.jpg (2160x1071, 640K)

but the wii fit trainer has an easy moveset to make? sakurai just turned her yoga moves into a moveset. Crash doesn't have that.

it gets even wierder
we've seen the "boss" version completely empty with only banjo on it, but we also have a screencap with mumbo on the bridge for some reason. What is he doing there?

Attached: banjo-kazooie-smash-ultimate-new-screenshots-2.jpg (1723x970, 357K)

She still spoke in the jap version as much as she did in the english version though, right?
I don’t think that’s really an issue

Well there’s no way this could be the boss version, right? That would mean we’d be able to go on the bridge and literally come into contact with Mumbo. How would that even work?

THAT'S NOT MUMBO JUMBO

Attached: MINGY.jpg (230x285, 15K)

Unironcally this Banjoke is only in because the absolute state of microshit

King boo would have actually been cool
Fuck plant

>He gave into the fat autistic grown me
ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call a "Freudian slip"

>What is he doing there?
Eekum bokum

Which random minor character would you have picked to be Ultimate's bonus DLC?

Attached: 5120B90F-A8D3-4593-AE7B-439E878AFADE.png (1185x1173, 691K)

>gruntilda is also in the screencap
>MINGY JONGO AND GRUNTILDA DUAL BOSS FIGHT

Shy Guy, no question

Shy Guy

This has nothing to do with Smash, but I'm reasonably certain Wart is fucking dead and the rest of his forces were folded into Bowser's army.

I still can't understand why people keep thinking that characters that are assists and spirits could be DLC. I mean if that's the case then Sakurai and the team would have reserved them to work on the character and include their own fighter spirit, why would do double work by doing a dumb idea?

>"We will going to add future characters as assists! even if would be better to reserve them so we can work in them more detailed without having to do again and reprogram their codes in the game! will be an unnecessary complex thing just for surprise the fans!"
>"If this character will be a DLC then we should have to save their main version image to do a figher spirit for their pack, but if we program a full spirit fight, stats and more then we can trick the players in the future! Who cares with which character will be replaced said fight or code, eh?"

Joke or not it always makes me wonder why people doesn't think in these reasons more, even Piranha Plant, one of the most well-known Mario enemies, was missing from the spirits before... because she was being saved as a figher spirit. An obvious choice for a normal spirit, but was missing for good reasons, proving even more the theory that spirits deconfirm characters.

I assume that this is a cut-scene to introduce Grunty, like the one with Marx before he transforms.
>Camera pans out to show Grunty's Lair, ominous jingle plays.
>Mumbo pops out of entrance, waving hands and pointing in concern (Like when he warns Banjo-Kazooie at the start of Tooie before Grunty destroys their house)
>Cue Grunty flying down and cackling, Mumbo decides to peace out as the fight starts.

>all the fighter's pass packs so far have so much extra effort put into them than usual newcomers.
Except their hitboxes and overall gameplay is Sm4sh Cloud-level jank.

Extra remainder Sora will never get in because he is a copyright nightmare.

Nintendo wouldn't touch that thing with a 10-foot pole.

Bonus remainder that Doom Slayer WILL get in. Smash needs Metal Music, and Doom Slayer can gladly offer its services.

But Crash is a PlayStation character and Banjo is a Nintendo character, so even if what you said was true, it wouldn't mean anything.
Smash is about Nintendo.

SH music in Smash would be dope but Pyramid Head would be extremely tacky. Every time he's in anything other than SH2 the point of the character is cheapened.

Attached: Pepe James Sunderland.jpg (236x212, 57K)

I know this is a joke because people said Ridley was too big since Melee but King Boo can alter his size.

Attached: size.png (1920x576, 1.35M)

Cooking Mama when?

Do people legit want king boo or is it just extra autistic shitposting?

It's legit, of course. Why wouldn't it be?

Attached: 1539445441746.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

now this is based.

Attached: 1561381898656.png (464x244, 112K)

Shy Guy is really a top-tier pick, with almost as much variety as Piranha Plants.
>Spear Dance
>Run around on fire
>Forward flips
>Stilts
>Turn into a ghost
>Get big and fat or grow long and weird
>Channel a Sniffit for a pellet shot
>Using a propeller pack
>Throwing baseballs, having some kind of item-catching mechanic
>Having infinite swimming time because of their submarine

Hoping it happens for Smash 6.

Why would anyone want him? Does luigi’s mansion really need any more than a stage, and don’t we have enough mario characters as it is?

>>Grunty dialogue for characters on Spiral Mountain/Grunty boss fight
This would be too good to be true. They aren't even doing Sakurai bias guidance for DLC fighters, it's hard to believe they'll write and translate nearly 80 one liners.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Attached: 1565290574874.gif (500x266, 343K)

Attached: GUH-HUH.png (1024x576, 656K)

I know it's a pipe dream, but I think it would be amazing if Sol Badguy got in.

Attached: Sol_image_rev.png (864x1143, 256K)

Kamek.

Attached: SMP_Kamek.png (310x283, 77K)

Me too user, me too. Imagine if he had his order sol outfit as an alt and daisuke made an original song just for smash

Not since melee LMAO

Reminder we are one day closer to the announcement of THE Ranger from EDF for Smash Brothers Ultimate

Attached: Ranger.jpg (299x168, 12K)

I said it once, I'll say it a thousand times.

I would fuck a raccoon if Dante got in.

Attached: 358524602.jpg (720x405, 121K)

Forgot the image like a faggot

Attached: Nero dance.gif (480x270, 2.27M)

Promise you'll stream it, too.

I'd love King Boo desu. I'm just not sure how a character who floats a billion feet off the fucking ground would look. Dark Samus barely even hovers, King Boo is suspended at least five feet above the ground at all times.

Keep posting it so when he gets in you kill yourself

>King Boo gets feet.

Funny how Smash is “about Nintendo” when it fits the narrative. But then it’s nothing but continued circle jerks about 3rd parties and how Nintendo has “nothing but bottom of barrel” content left in others.

Fencer would be better imo

for me, it would be blooper

Attached: blooper.png (572x978, 426K)

imagine if Kirby was added as a new fighter today
His entire moveset would probably changed based on whether he'd inhale a swordfighter, projectile-user, magic-user etc.

You're right only problem is Ranger is the face of EDF but Fencer would be better as a character

he'd suck up Samus and get his an entire moveset based on Beam from his games etc.
the kirby stage in the game would have randomly spawning enemies that could be launched into other players, or absorbed by Kirby to give him access to different movesets

I second this.
PoopyDick88.
You will be known as that user who strokes a pic of Dora the explorer when you masturbate. Shame on you.

>the ark
>not silent cartographer
>or valhalla or some generic looking place with halo clearly visible in the background

They could work it into his character. He'd float high enough for some of the down tilts and down smashes with smaller hitboxes to miss him entirely while he's still, but in return he'd be both extremely floaty and extremely light, so one of the easiest characters to KO. It would be really unique. I don't see it as being too different from Link and Hero blocking projectiles with their shields either.

Just give me pic related

Attached: Doomguy.png (414x600, 491K)

Yeah, this feels like a really good choice. He's a secondary Mario villain who's straight up indistinguishable from the common enemies he's based off of, but he's also the primary nuisance in the Yoshi games.

>in return he'd be both extremely floaty and extremely light
Isn't King Boo really big though? Not only would he get his ass handed to him he'd die at 60% or less. He would need to be really fast or have a high damage output or something, which either means incredibly unga moves or spammable specials. If they can't make him a combo character, he would instantly be bottom tier.

Knowing Sakurai's autism, he wouldn't likely be changed at all.

I think he'd be overall kind of similar to Jigglypuff as a character with multiple jumps and top 3 air speed. And he doesn't really need to be that big, in the first game he's not any larger than an ordinary Boo. His size varies between games and like I said earlier in the thread, he can alter it at will. They can just pick whatever's the most suitable size for balancing him.

Make changing his size his down special.
>Small and light with floaty jumps
>Large and heavier, dead bounce kind of knockback and effects