When will they fucking learn?

The new update once again made changes to things that didn't need to be changed, and somehow made them even worse. over 60% of the Start window is empty space and the fucking hideous white background fries my retinas.

Attached: W10.jpg (1280x450, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize
ux.stackexchange.com/questions/53264/dark-or-white-color-theme-is-better-for-the-eyes/53268#53268
jonls.dk/redshift/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3053711/high-cpu-use-by-taskhost-exe-when-windows-8-1-user-name-contains-user
howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/
protondb.com/
pop.system76.com/docs/install-pop-os/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

works on my machine

>windows 10
>windows

When will you fucking learn not to use that shit?

How is this video games?

Also I think most of their development team are out of touch Indians.

NOTHING ELSE WORK ON THIS COMPUTER. SEE THE CPU?!!

Attached: ThreadsOutTheAss.png (657x587, 47K)

X shills are going to shill everything Microsoft does
The irony? Most of the hardline shills (like Mooche and CrapGamer) would "never" play on PC, lmao.

install gentoo

I’m trying to keep updates away. How do I disable them

How about you install Open Shell already if you insist on using Windows 10 on your gaming machine?

>not using GNU/Linux
>not at the very least using open shell on LTSC
pathetic

Attached: 111jani111-2.png (1024x1024, 1.24M)

>I’m trying to keep updates away. How do I disable them

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 58K)

Windows 10? Install LTSB, maybe.

I don't think that even works, though. You need a different OS entirely. Windows 8.1, maybe, but you miss out on improved features (10 certifiably has better performance than 8.1).

Attached: Untitled.png (481x473, 18K)

>How is this video games?
of course a console pleb wouldn't understand

I use LTSC and have had no issues, you don't get the big sweeping updates that seem to fuck everything up, you just get the updates that patch security holes, etc.

holy shit is this on startup? like without any processes running? wtf

be me
stop all updates of win 10
win 10 finds away to circumvent
the block after 1 year
updates at random
breaks laptop after update
?????
fuck you windows 10

works well for me you poorfag

>over 60% of the Start window is empty space and the fucking hideous white background fries my retinas
What exactly do you mean? Start window?

I just installed server 2016 on my home server. Apparently forced updates and reboots are a thing on it too unless you jump through hoops. ON A SERVER OS. Jesus christ.

Disable the auto updates

>Using any version of Windows 10 other than LTSB
What are you doing?

might I ask how you went about getting LTSC? I am curious since I'm running 7 (probably won't switch but would like to run a small separate HD with it)

I use LTSB and ShutUp10 and haven't had a single update since 2017 (which was when I pirated that version).

/g/'s windows threads have links for compiling all the different versions

Why don't you like updating your PC? Is it having to restart it?

Does anybody HONESTLY believe they listen to this shit?

Attached: 3windowsfeedback.png (581x480, 4K)

It can often break things and/or reset hidden settings.

>there are people on Yea Forums who unironically don't use linux
>there are people on Yea Forums who don't know how to dual boot
>there are people on Yea Forums running legit, non-pirated copies of modern windows

I almost feel sorry for them.

You completely delete all windows update entries via regedit. This is usually irreversible.

How’re all those games and Adobe software on Linux? Oh wait...

money has nothing to do with this, but i guarantee my rig is twice as good as yours

Every Pajee10 update breaks everything, one of them even broke file transfers, I feel sorry for anyone on that crap.

Every time Windows updates three things happen:

>all my existing programs stop working until I reconfigure them or wait for them to be updated, which is rare
>I get a million notifications to enter my credit card information to subscribe to Office, GFWL, MS's podcast service, etc
>Windows refuses to let me use any non-subscription programs until I totally disable security settings in safe mode
>more bloatware that I have to then manually uninstall and delete

There is zero point in updating Windows past Windows 7 SP1. The few games I have that use W10 use a VM and a stock, totally unupdated image that I know the ins and outs of.

Because they priorities getting shit out fast and then fixing and doing damage control later.

>The few games I have that use W10 use a VM and a stock, totally unupdated image that I know the ins and outs of.
How's performance loss? I imagine it'll come to this one day given how incompetent GNUtards are.

True but I think this is a widespread problem in the entire software development industry thanks to everything being constantly online.

>>there are people on Yea Forums who don't know how to dual boot
Jokes on you, I'm triple booting Vista, 7, AND 10 LTSB.
That said, I haven't launched Vista since like 2013, which was when I upgraded to 7.

>ITT Linux commies exaggerate issues with Windows updates
Meanwhile, if we were to list ever bug across all Linux distros...

If you can't figure out a VM you deserve to get bullied by Microsoft. If you work for a company that uses adobe then you can just have a separate work machine with no networking capability so Windows updates (and adobe updates too for that matter) stop being a going concern. And ultimately there's plenty of alternative software to Adobe anyway that works just as well without their licensing fees.

>Over 60% of the Start window is empty space
You know you can drag and shrink it to a single pane, nothing etc. right?

You're autistic dude, I never get any of those notifications or deal with those issues

>How's performance loss?

About 5%. But my MS programs boot without fail and can operate 24/7 without Windows shitting itself because it can't find the network adapter, so that's a victory as far as I am concerned. I can't say the same for my MS stock machines.

>>there are people on Yea Forums who unironically don't use linux
IT brainlet here, I want to switch to linux but feel like the transition would be nightmare and would probably miss something/screw it up.

>white background fries my retinas
Another retard who sets his screen brightness to 100% and then complains it's too bright. Go back to Discord.

>that works just as well
No, there isn’t. But it’s free as in freedom™ so you gotta sing its praises.

I've been using W10 since release, always updating asap and never had any of that happen to me. The most inconvenient that happened are wallpapers or task bar settings resetting.

Because your PC is less than a year old and you're still using your free trials.

Thanks!

Every game I want to play either has a native version or runs perfectly under Proton.

use LTSC?

what a silly post. it's like you just wanted to say something for the sake of it.

>Every game I want to play
So, the 5 of them? This is a board for enthusiasts. You’re better off shilling on /g/.

>What exactly do you mean? Start window?
i meant to say the search window, sorry. Type a letter into the search bar on your taskbar and you'll notice how much empty white space there is and how small the font is compared to it

krita > ps

Pot calling the kettle.

because it's intel's fault they are force to update and i have amd

Wow, you found a good alternative to MS Paint.

What is this RRRRRRREEE shit?

Nah you're just wrong and stupid, I never had a free trial

Attached: Untitled.png (1425x613, 99K)

double digit iq

LTSC 2019 is pretty good. You can even upgrade from LTSB to LTSC if you want to (other vesions do not apply.) There are links to get isos and even edit your own on /g/.

>inb4 startmenu and folder/icons on desktop
The programs are Startisback++ & Fences.

Attached: ltsc.png (2560x1440, 767K)

>he uses windows

Attached: 1478559419957.png (320x120, 5K)

stock obtuse burger Yea Forums post #83883478

An enthusiast devotes themselves to a few games that they learn intricately and completely, as opposed to playing hundreds of games for an hour each and then whining about their backlog.

>I never had a free trial

Yes you did, fucking read the new Office TOS. It's bloatware when you get the machine that gives you a free year from the purchase date.

>Furry
>Linux
Wew

show me an idiot-proof guide to switching to linux and ill do it this weekend.

No, autismos in the speedrunning community do that. An enthusiast doesn’t limit themselves to a handful of content available in the medium. Dumb Linux commie.

>all my existing programs stop working until I reconfigure them or wait for them to be updated, which is rare
Example of program?
>I get a million notifications to enter my credit card information to subscribe to Office, GFWL, MS's podcast service, etc
>GFWL
Cool lying.
>Windows refuses to let me use any non-subscription programs until I totally disable security settings in safe mode
Install Foobar, it's non-subscription based, Install Steam, it's also not sub-based, and they work, so stop lying about you not being able to install those.
>>more bloatware that I have to then manually uninstall and delete
You mean Candy Crush?
Use Enterprise

Microsoft is big enough that their gaming division is separate enough that they likely know beeter. Let's be real the only reason windows is still around is because tech inepts don't get the concept that you can't just floppy that copy to a mac or linux machine.

I was referring to a Windows 10 license

My Office suite is 2010 volumized so I don't get nags there either

All of my programs work flawlessly after I update

Looks alright to me user. Like the other guy said, you know you can drag that window to any size right?

Attached: 2019-08-22 154735.jpg (1284x1001, 122K)

Stop updating your fucking windows you retard

Furries are the most power race on Earth.

Idiots can't use Linux. Sorry.

Attached: 1535472939607.jpg (673x800, 89K)

Windows 7 and before is fine
8 and 10 are shit babbys first tablet as a computer design

Gas yourself, NEET.

Attached: cancer.jpg (3737x1355, 1.07M)

>I have these problems
>Yeah well you're autistic
Nigger what.

>He doesn't use LTSC
lmaoing at ur life

______no

Attached: 1529374783953.png (744x784, 52K)

Wangblowsfags BTFO yet again. Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying my comfy Mac.
I do want a PC for games though, what kind of games will not run on Win7?

Attached: IMG_3608.jpg (3562x2598, 3.32M)

The programmers gotta justify their paychecks somehow. Pity they do it by changing the design every now and again for literally no reason instead of making Windows 10 actually good.

He's lying to make Windows look worse than it is, that's what makes him autistic

Should have just bought a PC and installed Linux instead.

Attached: stallman.jpg (3543x2362, 2.15M)

>durr i can't believe you don't use loonix!!! in 2019 a.d!!! wow!!!!!!
tell me that when it can run every single game i can run on windows at all, let alone with similar or better performance

Why is windows 10 such shit it didn’t need to be this way every time it updates it fucks something up

There's a bunch annoying settings that do nothing but make the computer lag and use 99% of my cpu (superfetch, wmi services, full screen optimization, etc.). Every update resets all these settings to on and add new ones. Disabling windows update in services doesn't fucking work.

Works fine for me. Stop being computer illiterate

Attached: STALLMAN SMAESH.gif (240x256, 2.11M)

>Should have just bought a PC and installed Linux instead

Attached: Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg (320x240, 56K)

You really think its programmers that made this descision? At a company like microsoft, I can garuntee you this descision was made by dedicated UI/UX people and not the actual programmers.

Linux is waiting lads.
If you're a brainlet, give PopOS a try

Making windblows good would require actually removing bloatware and spyware. Do you have any idea how their investors would react?

What's got Stallman so buttblasted in this gif? Context?

>All these mongs who use regular Windows and complain when it auto updates
>All these autists who install Linux and want to drag everyone else down to their level

The absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: file.png (742x1024, 228K)

7 is still supported and when that ends, swallow the bullet and go 8.1

Somebody asked if Linux users are virgins.

I always read people whining about how Windows 10 updates every milisecond to reset everything on their computer and install bloatware but it never happened to me. Are those larpers or is there a logical explanation why Microsoft decide to shit on some users and not on others?

A rational question.

Are you by any chance an iPhone user?

>over 60% of the Start window is empty space
You can easily change that
> the fucking hideous white background fries my retinas
There is a dark mode

Yes, user. Something that does and doesn't happen to you applies to everyone.

The difference is that people who actually use their PCs will notice when updates break shit.

If you're just some mong like yourself who only uses 2-3 basic bitch games on a completely stock version of windows then you won't see the problem because you don't have anything for the updates to break. It only affects power users who use openshell, taskbar tweak, registry edits and old games.

>Windows 8
Why? It's just shittier version of 10.

this, though I cant get few legacy features to work like directplay. sucks but I have a win 7 laptop for older stuff anyway.

No. I use an Android I bought for $50 back in 2016.

from my experience 8.1 works surprisingly well. it has none of the cancer from 10, never forced me to update shit and so far everything runs without issues

It takes like 20 minutes to install Ubuntu. 99% of games nowadays work either native, or through Proton. You can even keep your Windows partition lying around to dual-boot for the rare game that still doesn't work. Stop being retarded. Hell, half the people on Yea Forums are console tards or on a laptop, so you have no excuse in the first place.

Attached: proprietary.jpg (580x346, 47K)

Windows 7 master race passing by.

Sounds like a lot of effort to partake in a hobby for children but ok

>It takes like 20 minutes to install Ubuntu. 99% of games nowadays work either native, or through Proton. You can even keep your Windows partition lying around to dual-boot for the rare game that still doesn't work. Stop being retarded. Hell, half the people on Yea Forums are console tards or on a laptop, so you have no excuse in the first place

Attached: ManInaTinfoilHat.jpg (328x277, 30K)

I do all these and I don't remember any update breaking things too bad.

Or be an idiot and keep complaining about Windows update repeatedly fucking you over. Either way, its not my problem

You need Windows 10 Anniversay Update 1607. Then you need to go into Services and manually disable Windows Update service, as well as Windows Update Remediation service. Then open Task Scheduler, dig into Microsoft Windows, and find the rem or whatever it's called, the task that 'repairs' Windows Update aka - undoes your intentional request to stop all updates.

I ran like this for nearly 3 years because 1607 was the last build of Windows 10 without the most nigger change in the history of this OS: fullscreen optimizations. This shit right here destroys performance and makes games stutter like mad. 1703+ all fucking suck dick because of this one thing, but there are other reasons to avoid newer versions like broken g-sync and busted monitor turbo buttons. This OS is a fucking mess and it ain't getting any better.

updated to 1903 yesterday. only thing so far that annoys me is they added a new button on the right-click context menu on audio, so i click it instead of mixer sometimes. other than that, i can play forza horizon 4 and it looks pretty damn good, no problems playing BF4 either, haven't had any issues gaming

Arch master race here, dabbing on lesser distros and microshills alike.

Attached: 1541672084351.png (518x783, 53K)

What's it like being a genetically weak tranny who can't handle a few hundred nits? Can you even survive outside in sunlight or do you just fry up into a pile of lubricant and semen soaked ash?

>fullscreen optimizations
tldr why this matters? my games run fine no stutter or frametime issues, what issues are caused by this?

Any way to make W10 lightweight?

Why would they learn? No matter what they do you'll keep using windows.

>may 2019 udpate releases
>aids cancer apocalypse everyone hates it rages hard
>wait 3 months
>is fix'd and works fine
>choose to update then

ezmode, never test latest shit, always stay a bit behind the curve, you don't wanna be a beta tester

ltsc

just try linux
fucking try it you lazy bum
i'm literally playing monster hunter world on linux at no noticeable performance deficit

You think your games run fine, but they don't. They are objectively lower performing in this mode vs true exclusive fullscreen (not by a substantial amount with modern hardware mind you, but lower performance nonetheless) and there are frametime variance and disruption issues caused by your game now being forced into what is essentially a hack to force it into borderless windowed mode when it wants to run in exclusive fullscreen.

If you honestly believe there's nothing wrong with it, continue on being ignorant of the issues because once you learn about this shit there is no going back.

Yeah just remove W10 lmao

Linux is for incels with WAAY too much time on their hands

Based

Attached: 1560721866165.png (621x577, 94K)

>I'm too much of a brainlet to google ''how to install Win7 on 8th gen Intel processors''

Attached: brainlet.jpg (474x535, 31K)

i use rivatuner to monitor frametimes in games pretty regularly for fun, i would have noticed stutter, i'm on 120hz so it's pretty obvious. if you're saying my games are now capped at a hypothetical 135fps instead of a potential 140fps due to this system, i don't really care. usually i prefer to play borderless window anyway, for faster alt tabbing/multimonitor use

Not really. All the tracking "analytics" and other bullshit are tied so deeply to the OS that it's pretty hard to disable any of them. And even if you do, it will just be reset after the next forced update/restart. Really Linux is your only choice these days. Or if you're too much of a brainlet for that, get a Mac.

after i moved to win10 my ram jumped from 2400 to 3200, and i started getting much better frames from my ryzen and 1060. idk why, maybe it's the shitty mobo i bought, but win7 was definitely limiting my hardware. i wouldn't recommend holding out with win7 at this point if u have modernish hardware

What happens if you try to install Win7 on that just like you would normally? Does it explode or something?
>t. never had a computer newer than 2011

Attached: 1532936962316.jpg (257x529, 25K)

None of this makes you special.
t. Dual boots windows and arch

God, I hope this update doesn't fuck up New Vegas. Last time I had to do a complete reinstall because of a renderer error.

Imo Microsoft is about to roll out several interface updates that everyone is going to fucking hate.
t. My uncle works at microshit

>usually i prefer to play borderless window anyway, for faster alt tabbing/multimonitor use
Congratulations, you are partially to blame for the current state of everything bad with PC gaming. The truth is they use your argument here as a defense for this invasive and corrupt sweeping change to the way games are rendered out to the display as a backdoor into datamining your gaming activities. They use it to draw you into the Xbox live ecosystem by injecting their bullshit overlay and DVR into your games significantly easier when they're ran in these hacked windowed modes vs true exclusive fullscreen. They are sacrificing performance, stability and frametime tightness all for the sake of datamining you and you don't give a fuck about all these things because you need to alt tab to your tranny discord faster. Fuck Microsoft and fuck you.

>using win10
>using win10 with updates
>using win10 with botnet
just fucking download an ltsb build with updates and botnet disabled

Attached: videogames.gif (320x240, 890K)

what's the difference between LTSB and LTSC? Im currently using the former

i'd be for them offering an option, just like it used to be.
>me using xbox live
how offensive, bite your tongue good sir

Attached: 1544071084449.jpg (400x305, 15K)

>go to ubuntu.com/download/desktop
>download the Ubuntu 19.04 iso
>Download the Rufus flash drive writer from rufus.ie
>Use Rufus to write the Ubuntu iso to a flash drive
>With the bootable Ubuntu flash drive still plugged in, restart your computer
>Boot Ubuntu from the flash drive. If Windows boots instead, restart again while spamming ESC or F12 until your BIOS gives you an option to boot from USB
>You should have a demo of Ubuntu open now for you to try out. There should be an icon on the desktop saying "Install Ubuntu". Click that
>Just keep clicking "next"
>If you want to keep a Windows partition around to dual boot, look up a guide for that at this step, otherwise keep clicking next
>After 5-10 minutes, set up will be complete
>take out the USB drive
>reset your computer one last time
>Congrats, you just installed Ubuntu Linux

Attached: Linus_pilot.jpg (577x577, 56K)

>every fucking week my dumbass friends tell me i'm stupid for sticking with win7 and i'm going to have to change eventually so just get win10 now
>"dude its good now you can turn all that shit you bitch about off"
>every fucking week they bitch about some new update that fucked something up
lel

Don't bother trying to explain privacy concerns to Yea Forums. Most of the people you're talking to use facebook and discord.

>99% of games
No, they don't. 99% only applies if you're some mong who only plays modern AAA shit.

Fuck off jeff

reCAPTCHA tracks you, if you are on this site you aren't concerned with privacy

So don't get all uppity and acting superior nigger, your information is just as exposed

If you guys are so worried about privacy why are you using windows in the first place?

been using windows 10 since the week it came out with all automatic updates turned on and I have never had an update break anything

Attached: 167-1675933_viewing-options-works-on-my-machine-hd-png[1].jpg (840x742, 191K)

Look at this lame-o with javascript in his captcha.

Imagine doing any of this

post more cute kemono guys

I agree with you, but fullscreen optimisations only causes issues in a select number of games, in which case you can disable it for that specific program.

you still rocking that windows 95, right fag?

Literally the opposite. The only games that still don't work are the ones that use some wonky anti-cheat like PUBG or Rainbow Six Siege

Linux fucked up my MBR and now I can't install windows at all.

so I couldn't play the occasional AAA meme game even if I wanted to? Whats the fucking point then. I hear Linux fags talking about games working fine but you're all talking shit, I never hear examples of games listed. I bet half of my library wouldn't even work because I don't play Steamshit or Epicshit or Originshit

Mobile phones track you

Wifi networks and past track you

Everything tracks you online

Grow up

Set up a macOS Install USB and try to format with Disk Utility

The new background sucks, yeah. I miss the old one.

Huh that's why the taskbar was acting so weird. Letting Cortana fuck my shit up during boot up finally catching up huh.

Nobody lists them because you're expected to be smart enough to google one of the databases.

Butthurt defeatist twat with a facebook account.

make a gparted live usb and repair it bro

>compatiiblity databases for one of several wrappers or fucking around with virtual machines

No thanks. Would rather just install LTSC and forget about it. the only wrapper I need is dgvoodoo i'm not fucking about daisy chaining shit together just to run a game at half the framerate I could otherwise

works on my machine

Attached: file.png (343x166, 9K)

>I never hear examples of games listed
I'll spoonfeed you just this once, retard-kun

protondb.com

I don't use facebook because normies are retarded

Yea Forums is flooded with autists like yourself though that don't realize the battle is actually lost

>on startup
>1 day uptime
>226 processes

rooted ungoogled phone with custom firmware and foss privacy appset and patches

open source firmware for a confirmed safe router

open browser with foss addons for privacy, anti tracking, spoofing and ad blocking

just cause youre dumb and cant be bothered, doesnt mean everyone else is

The only thing that bothers me with updating is that they always reset my context menu. Like who the fuck even uses Edit With Paint 3D?

Attached: amlike1.png (240x260, 3K)

>only 60%
Cool, let me know when it's 100%. Linux fags are fighting for a good cause but they're fucking insufferable and I'm not going to associate with them when Windows works fine.

Imagine being cucked, Yea Forums.

Chad 10 Pro here, nothing ever breaks but I also run Linux on my laptops.
If you can't take the updates up your ass nonstop why are you still on Windows?

Attached: 2019-08-22_10-53-50_ApplicationFrameHost.png (411x437, 17K)

They still track you, don't be delusional, user.

More defeatist FUD. Sure, alphabet agencies can reach you if they choose to, but it's VERY easy to avoid corporate spying.

>not using superior win7
My brother uses 10 and is constantly bitching about it being shit

If you're on still on 7 then you deserve what you get.

>using windows for anything other than games

Attached: 1566302333546m.jpg (911x1024, 59K)

>I hate Windows 10, I want an alternative
>Just use Linux, bro
>I will if someone gives me a guide
>Here you go bro
>Woah, 12 steps??? And I have to press buttons??
Pic related is you

Attached: til-computers-are-racist-219267.jpg (444x180, 58K)

A good OS that works all the time?

Bring me into your delusion, senpai.

good luck
im behind 7 vpns

You really think that shit works?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Yes, some amateur addons on your web-browser protect you. Delusional manchild.

If your cellphone is interacting with literally any tower its traceable it doesn't matter what sweaty android distro you use

Attached: 1566254864429.jpg (720x720, 44K)

Because actually getting LTSC is near impossible.

>try to install steam to access my games
>it doesn't work
holy shit linux is so epic!

>If you're on still on 7 then you deserve what you get.
an os that doesnt break or do things without your authorization?
what is your actual problem with win7? it just works

if i can recall, it had something to do with him having to repeat most of his lecture sentence by sentence in spanish when there weren't any spanish speakers in the audience (stallman is supposed to be fluent). so he had an autistic outburst because he decided that he had to start all over from the beginning

I use my computer for productivity and entertainment, not circlejerks on /g/, so Windows is the only option for me.

>Pro
You know Pro is almost identical to Home in update paths, right? You can delay them but you're going to get cucked into it eventually. Fucking retard thinks "Pro" means anything lmao, fuck outta here. There's nothing "pro" about windows installing candy crush and disney magic kingdoms the second you boot it up. Retard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA retard

You problem.

>actually getting LTSC is near impossible.
search LTSC on TPB. boom.

>PRISM is a code name for a program under which the United States National Security Agency (NSA) collects internet communications from various U.S. internet companies.
stopped reading
not americuck

Attached: smug slurp.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

It's almost like I didn't put Pro specifically on a pedestal. Just to show I didn't fool myself into the LTSB/C meme.

You're fucked no matter what version or flavor of Windows you get, yet I'm the retard? Just look at the obsolete 7 defenders showing up.

>"The slide presentation stated that much of the world's electronic communications pass through the U.S., because electronic communications data tend to follow the least expensive route rather than the most physically direct route, and the bulk of the world's internet infrastructure is based in the United States.[15] The presentation noted that these facts provide United States intelligence analysts with opportunities for intercepting the communications of foreign targets as their electronic data pass into or through the United States"

Maybe you should actually read shit and understand it instead of wasting your time installing a trillion privacy applications that don't work

Enjoy your tinfoil hat

it can tell who has sex and who doesnt and adjusts accordingly
case in point

You rang?

Attached: osx_mojave_dark.jpg (1350x843, 96K)

7 users are akin to Arch users, an infestation.

>installing malware infested shite

>LTSB/C meme
Enjoy your forced update fag. Better pray it doesn't wipe your documents folder, but even if it doesn't you're going to have to reset all your settings anyway.

Good thing backups exist.

>NOOO YOU CAN'T USE WINDOWS 7, YOU NEED THESE USELESS PLACEBO SECURITY UPDATES AND FORCED SYSTEM-BREAKING PATCHES!!

Attached: 1563302557658.jpg (233x217, 14K)

>not using win7 64bit with the latest hardware.

plebs, all of you.

holy fuck its impossible you guys

Attached: impossible.webm (1920x1062, 2.65M)

>implying the update won't break backups too

>hurr

>imagine living near america
>imagine not having your own internet infrastructure
im sorry paco

i just use my $1000 laptop to post on Yea Forums and watch some tv shows. win10 is enough for me 2bh

It is worth
just give it time
my friend already like it

>gender bender lovely heroine

Call me when that happens, bro. I'll be waiting.

I fucking wish I could use Windows 7. I have a Z270 board with a 7th generation Intel chip so I can't use it because they intentionally broke all the drivers to make it stupid fucking unstable. Shit blue screens and crashes all the time where as before on a 3770k it ran perfectly fine. Fucking annoying.

>Having to fuck around with backups instead of just not updating at all
lmao cope

>there is some sort of imperceptible difference because now things run in forced borderless windows vs fullscreen or something
>it has no noticeable effect on FPS or any other metric on modern machines
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK WINDOWS
fucking toddler. wait until you have to deal with real problems, can't wait to see how you sperg out then

I can't even install the update because "windows failed to configure one or more system components" and no fix I've tried so far has actually fixed the issue.

almost all of them are gb doujins
problem?

Attached: time for sex ed.png (770x728, 425K)

You're an actual idiot.

Yes I'm sure your special snowflake country has zero connections to the USA.

Attached: 1566355288300.jpg (500x500, 67K)

>never make backups!
Top tier 7/LTSmeme logic.

Literally it breaks g-sync on 1903 in DX9 games, it makes some games run at 60hz instead of 144hz with no possible way to fix it, and it DOES run worse with noticeable stutters. If you're too dumb to notice them then you should go back to consoles like the clueless faggot you are.

what torrent client is this? i use a lightweight one but the search function seems pretty helpful

waiting for the party wan any day now hombre
been doing shit on the internet for a decade

>1903
There's your problem

With poos you lose.

Every game I have runs at a silky smooth 100fps at 3440x1440, gsync. I don't know what kind of hypothetical bullshit problems you're talking about, because I haven't had a single game run at 60hz with no way to change it.

how do you make a video of your computer

qbit

you what

unregistered hypercam 2

coping cuck defeatists

Call me crazy, but I think there’s a box to disable fullscreen optimizations in the properties tab when you right click a program. Unless that doesn’t actually disable it or something?

>Only virgin wizards can be bothered using a useless OS

Call me crazy, but nvidia is also perfect.

ubuntu stopped sleeping and powering down properly on the install on my memepad. It hangs every time and I have to shut it off with the power button. What do?

Problem is, this is the direction it's headed. You already require 1709 if you have a 20 series Nvidia card, what's the 30 series going to require? 1809? 1903? Something even newer? I wish I could stick it out on 1607 forever but I can't. My GPU will die eventually and that will no longer be an option as I'm going to upgrade when the time comes, not invest money into an outdated old GPU generation. I'm on the forefront trying to find ways to battle microsoft's bullshit and at least come up with some semi-workable solutions. I can't plug my ears and say everything is fine on 1607 forever.

Literally "works fine for me bro lol" fuck off.

Download Debut NCH. Turn this text into a reg file or just enter it manually with regedit and you now have the full version.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NCH Software\Debut\Registration]
"Name"=""
"RD"="1519841803"
"Key"="zkdtclAA"

yw

The first step would be verifying if this is isolated to just you. /g/ loves memepads and they would be sure to notice.

Seriously fucking based

Windows 10 is comfy once you use LTSC 2019.

Attached: wangblows.png (2560x1440, 2.08M)

>Debut NCH
No idea what that is, but I just use ShareX which leverages ffmpeg.

the fuck is this trash?
just use OBS

behold, an actual luddite, ladies and gentlemen

Two things:
1) Doesn't always work. Some games don't use the exe as the main game process. Some use a DLL file like Hitman Blood Money and Far Cry 5. In these cases, applying this setting to the exe does fuck all. You need to apply the setting globally somehow, and this stopped working in 1903. The registry settings that used to work, now do nothing. These games are fucked to lower performance and frametime mismatch stutter induced by the forced windowed mode interfering with the DWM and game's own render thread.
2) Even when it does work, it breaks g-sync in virtually all DX9 games (except Valve's for some odd reason, they all work fine) making it not only fail to sync refresh rate to the game's framerate, but now it also creates massive artifacting in these games when you try to force them into exclusive fullscreen with g-sync on.

It's a fucking mess and it ain't getting any better any time soon.

win10 best operating system world

And yet there's saps who downloaded Windows 10 telling me I'm the fool for not updating to Windows 10.

I'll happily stick with Windows 7 thank you.

I don't see how borderless entices Xbox live's ecosystem.
Nvidia does the same garbage with their GFE overlay, and practically every launcher including Steam has their own.

You can disable or straight up uninstall the Xbox stuff if you really have a stick up your ass.
>b-b-b-b-but rolling over!
Not really, no.

Question. I don't have many Steam games anymore. A large majority are on GoG now. Can I use Proton for those games?

Don't do this it creates mustard gas!

Did they add the sandbox environment yet?

It just sounds like he's not an idiot cuck.
>if it new it better hurr hurr
Dimwit.

Why do you need a new GPU? Nothing new is worth playing. LTSC 2019 and a 10 series card will play everything worth playing forever. Videogames are dead.

I don't need to update Windows or buy a new GPU because I'm not going to buy the next AAA storefront MTX simulator.

>Why do you need a new GPU? Nothing new is worth playing.
Poorfag cope 101.

yeah all those machines from the 90s really working great right now. technology will ever progress onward, digging your head in the sand and refusing to upgrade because of some idiosyncratic issue is retarded

Don't talk to me.

Name one (1) game that won't run at 1080p 60fps on a 1060 or even a fucking 1050ti

Ok smartass what's the last good PC game that requires a high config?

Prey

Im actually too stupid to do that LTSB shit. I tried to compile the ISO with cumulative updates following instructions from /g/ and ran into errors every time, so i gave up. It takes super long to compile the ISO for me and i have hdd space issues. I'll just stick with using those windows telemetry blockers/optimizers.

Prey runs fine on a 1060

>2019
>1080p60
Oh I'm laughing.

I'd rather not go up against the Taste Police(tm) that is Yea Forums. You'll deny any and everything you're told.
You can play your little game by yourself, faggot.

>shut up and join us in the muck!
No thank you, idiot cuck. I will continue to use Win7 just like the XP guys used that.

While I strongly agree with your sentiments on the subject of modern gaming, to me more performance is always of benefit. I want things like better hardware video encoders, I want RTX eventually, I want integer scaling for my old games etc. It's not just about raw performance, there are tangible reasons to upgrade. But I can't justify spending $1400 for a 35% performance boost and the above features. And I can't stick with the older operating systems forever because of this.

Myself, and a few other people, are witnessing the active destruction of PC gaming and everything that was great about it built up over the last 25 years. It's scary how few people give a fuck about any of this, but it'll get worse before it finally dies, and people will be forced to see one way or another.

So usually when I get updates it only takes a few minutes to download and install. This particular one took ALL FUCKING DAY, like 8 hours to download and install. And it the installer slowed my computer down so bad I couldn’t use it for anything else. Did anyone else have this happen or do I have some other issue going on?

>over 60% of the Start window is empty space
It was like that before this update.

Unless you're just now installing Windows 10.

If anything, the update broke the "Cortana search" UI being intergrated with the start menu. Instead of the results popping up in that menu, it opens a seperate window.

MS's UI department is shit.

People don't even realise the FSB has partially de-anonymised tor and will probably fully break in before too long. Practically every "private" thing has been at least partially broken.

>But I can't justify spending $1400 for a 35% performance boost and the above features.
The 2080 Super is spitting distance worth of performance to the Ti for 3-500 burgers. The Ti is definitely a scam as long as you don't need the slight boost in VRAM.

How many of those are viruses tho?

Oh no, I can't run Anthem at 4k 144fps how will I cope

If Magic Arena didn't break when the wind blows (hurr hurr), I'd stay on Linux. But the fucking pain in the ass that is "I installed through Lutris and it worked for a day" update bullshit on games is why Linux will never take off.

>Install the update
>My registry gets dabbed on
>A lot of native windows programs like the image viewer get fucked
>Can't open pictures due to registry errors
Epic. Now I gotta figure out how to fix this shit.

3-500 burgers less*

And investing in first generation ray tracing is asking to be fucked in the next.

I mean if you install Steam, you can just use them through "install a non-Steam game through Proton" or whatever. But yeah, Proton has it's own shit, so you can compile it and then run it that way.

Just out of curiosity, would there be a way to apply it via steam’s launch settings option?

That's why it's poorfag cope 101. You're bottom of the barrel and hate people above you, poorfag.

You don't need photoshop/autocad on every PC, stop living in the past, there are great free image tools that are open/freeware on linux/windows. Also, gaming have improved a lot on linux. But if you really into it, stay on windows and suffer.

you didn't disable updates idiot, you postponed them temporarily

I'm completely tech illiterate but I am 5hinking of switching from windows 10, honestly what is the best alternative? I only use my computer to browse here/YouTube and play games on steam.

Attached: Net-juu-no-Susume-Moriko-crunchyroll-560x315.jpg (560x315, 32K)

>if i say idiot cuck enough people will think i'm smart!

Attached: win 7 btfo.jpg (284x177, 11K)

The hell are you talking about? You can find ISOs of an LTSC version everywhere nowadays

Stop installing updates then

just download the one with highest seeds
or from a private tracker
just use google translate and get into rutracker its piss fiucking easy

No. All Steam does is act as a DRM barrier before allowing you to run an application's exe. You can send launch commands through Steam because it's basically a glorified desktop shortcut, but you cannot modify what happens to the game once it's handed off to the executable file. From there, it's all in the hands of Windows and the graphics driver how things play out. The only ways to truly claw back some of the older, better ways of handling game output is to use hacks and mods like DX9 to Vulkan wrappers which do alleviate many of the problems but then introduce some problems of their own. This is currently the "last hope" of preserving classic PC gaming and there is some potential for it to get the job done, but it needs a lot of work.

>think
They are. It is no secret that Indians are fucking retarded scumbags and all of them don't know shit about the positions they're hired for. As soon as an Indian makes it into your business and gets any clout whatsoever let alone get any control over the hiring process for the company, they start pushing hard to take over so that they can only hire their own. The H-1B Visa has allowed Indians to destroy several tech sectors by infesting them through nepotism, and they exploit the visa to get endless extensions and easy passes. They openly discriminate against anyone who isn't Indian, and against anyone who is not of their particular clique of Indian.

The IT sector in western countries is completely falling apart because they are over 90% India dominated, and much of the major fuckups with Windows 10 is because the fuckers in charge are also Indians hiring more clueless Indians. They all need to be kicked out or else the future of technology as a whole will seriously be at jeopardy.

>tfw havent updated in my win7 EVER and it still works just as good as when i installed it years ago

Attached: 1564654714520.jpg (600x600, 148K)

Are you guys totally unaware that you can customize the start menu? The entire shell actually if you wanted. Takes like 2-3m.

I've read nearly all of those. Not a big Blackshirtboy fan though. His artstyle softens my penis.

NON ONO YOU ARE VULNERABLE UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP DOING THIS

R&D QUICK KEEP MAKING MORE VIRUSES TO ATATCK WINDOWS 7 USERS REEEEEEE

Imagine ever installing w10

For about two years, 30% of my job was helping people fix the the fuckups win10 updates did to the software they bought from us.

Imagine ever installing w

Imagine

Total War 3 kingdoms

I

I did this but it still wasn't enough. Switched back to 7 and staying there. I'll just use my rig for games and have my important shit on my linux laptop.

ill take any tg content at this point
ive literally read EVERYTHING that exists and is not paywalled (that i couldn't find someplace else)

>Start window is empty space and the fucking hideous white background fries my retinas.
Of all the things about Windows 10, the start menu is probably the one I don't dislike.
My problem is that they use 50 different styles for every single menu. It's like they carried some shit over from Vista, from 7, from 8, from 8.1, and then they made 3 more different styles for 10, and they are all over the place.

Attached: 1551808553706.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

Well, I'll dislike you for using 7 but at least you're ascended enough to have a grown up OS for real shit.

You can literally download shells for W10 that emulate everything about W7 start menu and bottom menu including function.

nothing wrong with it. this update actually improved my experience because i could finally get rid off geforce experience and use the microsoft gamebar instead which i tested multiple times and it loses 1-3 fps performance when recording. also you can force adaptive sync in the gaming settings now.

Just like xp right? Yet they still update it

>VM
absolute mad brainlet

Good game but has lame female generals.

>ill take any tg content at this point
I know how you feel. I'm ashamed to admit that I fapped to Saphirefox. I'm actually ashamed of it.

Man, I thought you said lame female genitals.

They updated XP to quarantine the retards who still use it from spreading its cancer to newer versions.

your lips say no... but...

Attached: 1566387027569.jpg (400x558, 29K)

same. i think these people are just lying for the sake of it.

But why bother downloading shells, disabling 20 different things, still getting annoyed but random shit and constantly hoping nothing breaks during updates when I can just have the pure, unadulterated Win7 experience out of the box?

Yea thare was some up date thay did 6 months a go that keeped beaching my pc after hours of doing roll backs and shit got pc working ones more to forget to tirn off up dates a day later back to ohh crap not this ... ones more. ... so I backed up shit and bootlegged windows 7 and. Not had any problems sints windows 10 and 8.1 are not to bad till some gay shit like this happen

>Windows 7 master race passing by
Seconded, it has its problem, but it is second XP pretty much, gets work done, hipsters GTFO.

Because Win7 is too old and obsolete and fully updated Windows is too new and untested. LTSC is literally the only viable choice of operating system

>he is not on LTSB
AHAHAHAHHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

lmao @ OP being an absolute fucking retard

Attached: 1461288376440.png (663x699, 707K)

>Win7 is too old and obsolete
nigger what

>defending numbers
Yea Forums never ceases to amaze

Don't know about 8th gen but microsoft introduced a patch (actually two) to stop updates being downloaded on Windows 7 if it detects a 7th gen cpu. Still works if you don't download those two patches.

>why doent yuo play gmae on linups hurr?
because it don't work on linux
>yur prumblem durrr

Attached: 1566394954224.png (1000x432, 165K)

They've been getting really pushy about this new update, and I just accidentally turned my laptop off. It's probably gonna install it once i turn it on FUUUUUUUUU

There are games that don't perform properly under Win7 because of its outdated graphics stack. There are compatibility issues where shit works on XP and 10, but not 7. There's just little reason to argue that 7 is the best choice of OS, because it isn't.

im not
i dont care, i just want new content
im stuck reading through tg captions on deviant art
you know the ones written by either brain damaged retards or 10 year olds
x-change is pretty good tho

Why did you post this personal image of yourself?
Not my fault you're waxing anecdotal.

>"it just werks"
>doesn't work
>"werks on mah machine :)"

Attached: 1566164549298.jpg (800x704, 64K)

>99% of games
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

Man I was playing Black and White for nostalgia, configured the shit out of registries to make it work smoothly, trained that monkey into a genius.
Then Win10 does a surprise update and next time I log into the game it killed my registries, made the game unplayable and mangled something in the AI tree, that when I finally made the game work again I found my monkey catatonic.

Fuck win10

works on my machein

>am not dum! yu dumm durr!

Can someone actually link me to any benchmark showing that fullscreen optimizations actually lead to worse/less stable frametimes?

Glad we agree then. It's a you problem.

>It's like they carried some shit over from Vista, from 7, from 8, from 8.1, and then they made 3 more different styles for 10
that's what they did. those indian monkeys have no idea how the old codebase and because of time pressure caused by the head staff they can't afford to learn how it works.
so instead they slap on new shit and try to port whatever options they can into these new menus. thus you get this clusterfuck of 50 different menus with 40 different styles

They still update it for the government

>There are games that don't perform properly under Win7 because of its outdated graphics stack.
Such as...

>am good showed dem linups))) hurr))

So something consumers never see nor legally benefit from?
It can be updated forever, but are the people shilling it the ones using it?

>There are games that don't perform properly under Win7 because of its outdated graphics stack
I call bullshit
>There are compatibility issues where shit works on XP and 10, but not 7
I call double bullshit. in fact from my experience 10 had many more compatibility issues than 7

>be me
>use win7 for years flawlessly
>fall for the 10 meme
>constant blu screens, kernel crashes and general instability

holy god balls what a piece of shit I'm going back to XP I only play old shit anyway

>Windows 8.1, maybe, but you miss out on improved features (10 certifiably has better performance than 8.1).
Other way around.

he's right tho, you literally paid millions of bucks to basically do nothing at all

might as well use linux then you fucking boomer

so how do i find a copy?

Recent COD games off the top of my head. It might not be a huge issue now because COD isn't worth much but the issue is there and will undoubtedly get worse.

If you're too retarded to find LTSC you're too retarded to install it. Stick to coping with Win10 updates or stick to using consoles like the mong you are. Know your place lad.

are you fucking braindead
>>

If you're so retarded that you use LTSC you're too retarded to use any Windows.
Stick to your phone.

lurk more in this thread. Go to /g/ or r/piracy.

>another crybaby
I did install win10 when it was free and never ever had a problem with it. Maybe you should ask for the help of an adult.

I'm a Windows 7 holdout and I'm considering finally caving in. What's a better option if I'm just a regular user who cares about muh privacy: Education or LTSC?

linux

>What's a better option if I'm just a regular user who cares about muh privacy
A PC without internet.

God I hate wangblows 10.
What would happen if I install something older on my i7 9700K? Windows 7 is the best but I like the Vista aesthetic more. I only play old shit anyways and it wouldn't be my main OS.

Attached: 5d1.png (701x701, 14K)

Microsoft is owned by a street shitting pajeet. The nepotism among their ranks would put Jews to shame. Now combined that with poojeet incompetence.

Attached: 019283893.jpg (682x638, 57K)

>tfw windows 7
>???
>profit

What fucking aesthetic, 7 is just Vista with less gigantic wasted spaces.

>assmad Win10 Home user or assmad Linux user
Don't even care which, enjoy being assmad though

>2019k
>windows 10

Attached: 7357363.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Linux tier list:
>Native
>Steam + Proton (or standalone), now supports non-Steam games
>Lutris/PlayOnLinux/FOTM installer scripts
>Maybe Wine directly
>VM with GPU passthrough (ultimate ascension)
>Cry on Yea Forums
>Dual boot
>Give up games
>Windows only

1903 is the latest Windows 10 and there is stuff that needs it to work, it's why I had to update.

Attached: 1903.jpg (1408x812, 104K)

c-can I romance cortana yet?

>N
I'm gonna NSTALL IT

Manjaro

>Going to reddit
Literally lmaoing at you right now

Attached: 94A12D21-60AE-4CD5-BBFB-4703EEFBAC28.png (208x269, 84K)

Yes, but I ntr.exe her from you.

yes, and?

then it's not, on startup?

>tfw windows 7
>???
>profit

There's people who have no choice, some new motherboards for example are actually no longer supporting Windows 7 drivers. You could let 7 just give it generic ones, but it's likely to cause problems. You couldn't use features unique to the board though.

>>Give up games
But computers really are worthless without videogames and porn.

LTSC 2019. Anyone that tells you otherwise is either lying or has never used this branch/version of Windows 10 before. The main point is stability. The base is build is 1809. You get security updates, but no feature updates.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Attached: windows_software_infographic.png (1920x8181, 1.66M)

1 day and 226 processes for windows to boot seems pretty normal.

>"SWITCH TO LINUX BRO"
>make the switch on laptop to try it out
>get Debian
>UI is ugly as sin
>touchpad won't work
>1 hour of forum crawling to find a post from 2 years ago with a specific file that fixed it
>wireless card won't work
>2 hours of forum crawling before I finally find a modified file that works
>f.lux needs a special Linux version
>30 minutes trying to get it going
>barely works, needs reinstalling every time I reboot
>end up getting Redshift
>kinda works but janky and prone to crashing
>install Steam
>library reduced by 80% when showing Linux compatible games
>laptop is now useless without an internet connection since you can't access repositories
>GUI is randomly buggy (text boxes don't work very well, different colours on some, etc.)
>it's actually fucking slower than W7
>installing shit went from 3 clicks to typing a line (or several in the common case where something doesn't work out right)
>net downgrade in basically every single thing
>as soon as I got on Linux the tone of the friends that pushed me to try it changed
>suddenly all the problems they never talked about before start surfacing
>went from a perfect paradise without issues to "yeah that's a known issue, it will be fixed soon, yeah it's been broken for 2 years but soon"
>they start getting tribal
>"GOTTA USE WAYLAND BRO ITS MORE SECURE"
>"GOTTA DROP X DISTRO BRO Y IS WAY MORE FREE"
>"BRO STOP USING GNOME USE KDE IT'S BETTER"
>ask if any of these actually improve it other than "security" and "freedom"
>"n-no"
>all of this security and freedom talk for an OS running atop several processors and controllers filled with NSA backdoors anyway
>end up going W10 LTSC
>faster
>super clean
>much easier to use
>down from typing lines into the console to just a pair of clicks
>everything works out of the box
Fuck Linuxfags, and yes I hopped a lot of distros, didn't use just Debian, the above issues are the same across basically all of them, with a little variation between each.

Attached: 1541123432724.jpg (400x300, 37K)

I'm at 196 processes with 2 days uptime (sleep instead of shutdown).
His numbers aren't reliable, nor are anybody's.

So, how do you block updates in win10?

qBittorrent kept corrupting my porn and throwing I/O errors, how's Deluge?

wow this has never been pasted before

You'll have to read some guids on how to get past the installation since the usb ports wont work and avoid a certain patch or two but otherwise it works fine.

>there are people on Yea Forums running legit, non-pirated copies of modern windows
With Windows 10 this isn't hard or even baffling. They were so retarded or just intentionally oblivious that they updated your Windows to 10 for free if you were running any pirated copy.

I've used Deluge for years and never had a problem.

Haven't used Deluge in years. I use picotorrent now.

>They were so retarded or just intentionally oblivious
They were neither, they used 10 as an early loss leader to encourage adoption into their ecosystem.

Of course they want the most people to have it when they have ads integrated into the OS on so many levels.
Also can't believe they got away with installing Win10 on everyones computer without permission

Same question as......

>How do you piss into the wind without getting hit by any blow back

Answer: You Can't

It was designed to not give a fuck what the user wants

I don't see ads in here.

Attached: startisbackmenu.png (608x781, 292K)

I can't even restart my Win10 without it dying on me. It gets stuck on an endless loop of start, blue-screen, restart and repeat

and then you can't watch videos longer than 5 minutes without compooter going into sleep mode because you're not moving the mouse.
or you close the lid of your lappy, and when you open it you realize the screen was still on, but black, and it wont show anything unless your power it down.
or your favorite game crashes in full screen, so all you can do is power down, or log out with the command line.

I see a redditor though

Good job removing it but Microsoft obviously cares more about the 700 million people who didn't

I see an ad for autism awareness.

>and then you can't watch videos longer than 5 minutes without compooter going into sleep mode because you're not moving the mouse.
oh really?
>or you close the lid of your lappy, and when you open it you realize the screen was still on, but black, and it wont show anything unless your power it down.
dunno about the former but I ran into the latter using xfce and lightdm/locker. it was a bug in dm/locker that has since been fixed but xubuntu lags behind.
>or your favorite game crashes in full screen, so all you can do is power down, or log out with the command line.
xfce binds ctrl+alt+backspace or escape, I forget, to xkill globally so you can kill anything stealing focus. not that it would be hard to switch to a tty, fire up top/htop if you don't know what you're looking for to kill it, and then stop it.

mite b gud

>custom start menu

Attached: uhhh.jpg (300x300, 7K)

>7 babbies coping with 10 chads can have it too

Christ, what a bunch of fucking virgins.

Attached: oh no.jpg (1800x1578, 170K)

Ah you see that doesn't work on my anymore because I've just had sex
Win 7 4 lyfe

Everything went downhill when they let the stupid cunt/pajeet in who tried to make windows a locked down mobile friendly OS.

This. I'd rather go out and have a good time with my gf than take this shit too seriously.

>Not using Windows Core OS
see ya, zoomers

>When will they fucking learn?
Yeah, when will Windows 10 tards learn that they shouldn't have adopted something as blatantly shit as W10.

Yeah that was the worst thing to happen to it. Freaking invisible buttons in the corners on desktop computers because they wanted mobile/tablet sales, what horrible design.

>have my stardock shit I've been using since xp

>have 0 trouble with updates

>not a dumb nigger shitposter

The last one is most important

Attached: 1548053837822.jpg (1631x1373, 1.13M)

or Windows in general

What if you disconnect the internet every time you shut it down?

>using Windows 10
When will you faggots learn?

When you stop buying it
Oh right you don't have a choice.

Tough luck, wincuck.

Attached: kyouko_dab.jpg (2048x1937, 189K)

Not how it works. It downloads the updates in the background while you're using the PC. You'll amass a 20+gb folder in your C drive that Windows will install next restart. Delete it and it'll redownload. Disable the service and another service pops up to disable it. Disable that service and task scheduler will start another service to disable that service. Disable that and somehow your PC updates anyway and undoes all the shit you just did.

Serves you right for using Windows 10 Home though.

>MUH YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
With LTSC this has never been more distant, Linuxfags were genuinely closer 4 years ago than now.

Attached: 1558597927203.jpg (330x319, 48K)

rentry.co/ltsc_optimize
here a updated guide taken from /g/ might be hard but easy to follow with.

Wow XP market share must be really huge if it's still supported, right?

Does the Xbox app work on LTSB? I'm tempted to switch from W7 if it means I can use my bluetooth Xbone gamepad on it.

You grow 2 braincells and run LTSC.

I have no fucking clue what people are complaining about with W10. You disable the telemetery, install a start menu/taskbar replacement, and fix the explorer layout and it's a fairly usable OS.

I did need a fucking third party program just to disable the on-screen audio shit they think everyone needs though.

There is no disabling telemetry.

Wow Microsoft must pay you quite a lot to shill their shit on here

>LTSC is so good!
>just go through the mental gymnastics and guides to make it perfect!
this can be said about any fucking windows version

Great rebuttal. thanks for playing

Except 10 :^)

7 had a major lead until it lost hardware support(not spontaneous, idiot)
installing 10 when people looked away didn't work, giving the shit away didn't work
nobody wants that crap

ameliorated

how does this answer the xp market share

That guide is hot garbage and you should really ignore it, half the things it asks you to do are actually impossible if you don't have an existing W10 install.

LTSC, activation, running a few programs to clean the few remaining bits of crap off and give you a functioning control panel and shit, and you're done. Building it into the iso is only useful if you're setting up 50 computers.

Fuck off Nibel.

>That guide is hot garbage and you should really ignore it
The first clue I noticed was it disabling UAC for "full administrative privileges".
*sip* just like the good old XP wild west.

wincels btfo

Attached: 1546363920182.png (1200x796, 596K)

>You can even upgrade from LTSB to LTSC
Really? Thought it required a complete reinstall. Kinda defeats the intention of stability otherwise.

>and the fucking hideous white background fries my retinas
I think the dark mode meme is out of control. It's fine to have a preference for a less bright interface, but it's pretty fucking onions how hard some people are starting to cry over any excess light

> WINDOWS UPDATE FUCKS EVERYTHING UP EVERY SINGLE TIME WINDOWS 10 IS GODDAMN AWFUL FUCKING MICROSOFT CONSTANTLY FUCKING EVERYTHING UP AND SPYING ON EVERYBODY CONSTANTLY THE TELEMETRY AND UPDATES TURN THEMSELVES BACK ON
How about you try installing Linux or something, it's not hard and most games will still work-
> FUCK OFF LINUX COMMIE TINFOIL HAT BULLSHIT GAMES NEVER WORK WHY WOULD YOU QUESTION HONEST AMERICAN BUSINESS FOR YOUR FREE HOBBYIST SHIT

You faggots deserve everything you get.

Attached: garfieldwalk.gif (370x330, 325K)

>Linux games list:
>Super Tux Kart
>

>How about you try installing Linux or something, it's not hard and most games will still work-
You always leave out the Nvidia drivers are shit part.

It's also completely bullshit. A light background is proven to be better on your eyes: ux.stackexchange.com/questions/53264/dark-or-white-color-theme-is-better-for-the-eyes/53268#53268

>shitbuntu
Fuck off mate

it's almost like we're not responsible for nvidia's retardation.
get amd and use open sores.

In a perfectly lit office environment maybe. I want to actually go to sleep in the evening.

Don't use NVidia. Minimally better performance isn't worth gross abuse of users, firmware-based binning, or telemetry in the fucking GPU drivers. The Linux drivers are actually good (in terms of performance), but proprietary only and bullshit to actually install and get working. NVidia cards are used with Linux in most render farms.

>and then you can't watch videos longer than 5 minutes without compooter going into sleep mode because you're not moving the mouse.
How do people like you manage to make it in the real world where computers are such a big part of modern life? Just change that setting in the power options. You can set it to not activate until two hours, or even not at all. Mac and Windows both have the same power saving features.

>Not using classic shell

Just use windows 8 with the classic shell addon and it will look and run like windows 7 but with better support and speed and much better than shitty windows 10.

Attached: 1558473306915.jpg (640x640, 137K)

It's pathetic that Microsoft are so completely unable to make a functioning dark mode while Linux Mint, a fucking free OS, has it working flawlessly out of the box

Attached: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4c634d6a4d42472e706e67.png (3360x1050, 992K)

Redshift: jonls.dk/redshift/
Once you get used to it, you'll never go back.

Where there's a will, there's a way user.

>believing him at face value
I've never had to fuck with power settings for the screen to stay on during video playback.
But then it's anecdote vs anecdote, who are you going to trust?

Based disingenuous tardposter

Oh shit you posted this right before i did.

>windows 8
>all the win10 garbage, none of the benefits
Literally fucking why, just use 7 at that point.

It's been years and I could never get used to it.

This is why I still use 7.

Yup, it's that time of the decade.

Attached: 1559798392287.jpg (612x671, 101K)

Sir do the needful accept improvement pleas thank

Did you adjust the settings? I use a lighter red and higher brightness than the default.

I already used flux but it doesn't do much when the windows are so white. I have an addon that turns all the websites dark that works much better.

Attached: dark.jpg (858x552, 146K)

You can pause updates for a month then it will force updates unless you set windows update service to never run.
You could switch over to windows ltsc or any linux distro.

Partially true, but 8.1 has its own share of ridiculous issues too.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3053711/high-cpu-use-by-taskhost-exe-when-windows-8-1-user-name-contains-user

10 offers literally nothing over 8.1 except the 4GB DX9 bug fix, which is only relevant for (old) Bethesda trash.

that's self defeating

Kek. There should be an edit with fat autist in the background mumbling about linux.

Are you fucking retarded? UBUNTU JUST DROPPED SUPPORT FOR 32-BIT APPLICATIONS.
You literally can't install steam anymore.
Just use Manjaro or MX linux.

>about linux
spot the uninformed meme shitter

Too bad more and more hardware manufacturers have dropped driver support for 8/8.1, leaving it in a far worse state than it should be.

ubuntu, gentoo, linux, arch, fedora, peppermint
It's all the same shit for anyone that's not an obese autist.

those are distros though

>Windows 7
nice botnet, nigger

Only peados use linux in a their house.

>be me
>win7 update breaks computer
>turns out it was a combination of failing hard drive and processor
>get new parts
>pirate windows 10
works on my machine :^)

Attached: w.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

10 doesn't have a market share because people want to deal with that shit, they have a market share because they paid outrageous sums for manufacturers to not have drivers for anything else

As I said, all autistic mumbling.

>I want to actually go to sleep in the evening.
Then create a fucking distinction between your sleeping area and your work/play area, and maintain a bedtime with a healthy amount of sleep. No, 6 hours isn't fucking healthy.

I'm asleep within 10 minutes of my head hitting the pillow almost every night. The few times this isn't the case are when I've done something stupid like taken a nap in the middle of the day. Blue light is a fucking meme.

They reason why it works with Valve's games is because Valve updates their games when MS pushes new DX micro-revisions.

DX9 was basically removed entirely in the Creator's Update in Win10. It's all emulated under DX10 now via a wrapper, and not every call was emulated perfectly because fuck backwards compatibility. MS provided documentation on how to fix stuff, but that would require devs to issue updates for basically every game that uses DX9 to make it use DX10's DX9 wrapper instead.

The solution is to use a custom DX9 to DX10 wrapper and put the new dlls inside the game folder.

t. GPD Win 2 user who is forced to try and play DX9 games on Windows 10 and had to do this with every game after the Creator's update broke the display.

windows 10 is without doubt shit

then the same can be said about windows. its users are too stupid to know 2000 to 7 to 10, etc.

*sniff*

It's the same thing if you're able to not be retarded and take some authority of your own life (and not even life, just a pixelbox). Imagine being so fucking pathetic that you can't do this once a month.

What the fuck.

let alone home, pro, ltsb, enterprise, S, N, Core, ARM
windows is perfect!

32 AND 64-bit? whoa!

Not really. You are upgrading from an older stable base to a more up to date stable base. You still get securitu updates from both.

>Thank you, I have done the necessary. I am now closing the ticket my dear :)

>linux is all about security and freedom
>install debian with kde
>move my windows firefox profile to linux so all my bookmarks and passwords carry over
>co-worker is curious about linux comes too look at my laptop
>stands behind me while i use search function of start menu in KDE
>start typing "Terminal" in search
>as soon as i type "TE" my TENTACLES HENTAI bookmark from Firefox pops up in search in start menu
>co-worker calls me creep and runs away
>now whole office knows and laughs at me
G fucking G. Security my ass.
I tried to look up how to disable this and apparently the only way to do it IS TO EDIT CONFIG FOR KDE SEARCH PLUGIN.
What the fuck.

KDE is bloat anyway. You opted for a powerful? search, got burned, and blame KDE.

Also calling bullshit on your anybody knowing what hentai is at that time.

> The only way to configure how the search plugin works is to configure the search plugin
Wow, how horrifying.

Attached: suicide.gif (304x285, 15K)

This isnt an issue since non corporate Linux users dont have jobs or friends

My wife has a lapptop that was effectively bricked by the Win10 update due to some weird interaction with the hard drive.

Foor some reason, disk usage is always shown at 100% and her laptop runs like a fat kid. I looked it up once, and at the time the only info I could find on it was "Yeah that happens sometimes."

>the only way to do it IS TO EDIT CONFIG FOR KDE SEARCH PLUGIN.
Sounds reasonable. What exactly is the problem here?

I want to move away from Winshit. What's a good OS for vidya and security/privacy?

Attached: 1460179899935.gif (500x500, 205K)

>disk usage is always shown at 100%
if it's a low to midrange laptop with a lot of storage space she'll never use it might be 5400rpm.
windows 10 cripples itself on those.
if that is the case, switch to a 7200rpm or preferably an ssd or consider something light on the hdd like linux.

Welcome to Wangblows.
Lincux is no better. Ubuntu just dropped support for all 32bit programs ever made.

Oh, also, remember the CD copy protection stuff like Securom that was on like every PC game released since like 2005?

They disabled the DLLs that made that work in Windows with update KB3086255. So you can't play those games without pirating tools if you're on a version of windows higher than 8.1
You can re-enable the service on Win7 and 8.1, but Windows 10 doesn't even have it anymore:

howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/

MICROSHIT WANGBLOWS, EVERYBODY!
FUCK GAMERS!

Are you genuielly autistic or something?
I look at the search settings and there is nothing about it. For any normal person it means that this is it.
How am i supposed to know if THERE IS A HIDDEN SETTING THAT REQUIRES LOOKING UP ON THE INTERNET HOW TO DISABLE IT????
It's not about WAAAH U CASUL ME TYPE TERMINAL ME COOL HAXXXOR EDITING CONFIGS IZ EZ
It's about usability and user-friendliness.

Pop!_OS is the most friendly Ubuntu spinoff, followed by Mint.

If in the future you feel limited in game support, consider the ultimate fallback of running Windows inside a virtual machine with GPU passthrough for all the positives of Linux and keeping Windows locked in a cage where it belongs.

>dropped for all
No, that was rescinded with pushback from the community, Steam, and the like. They're seeking to freeze old 32 libs that don't require attention.

>vidya and security/privacy?
Pick one. You can't have both.

On the contrary, you definitely can. Depends on how deep you want to go.

Only thing that w10 fucks on my computer after some updates is thumbnails

Attached: 1564778073285.jpg (1129x535, 317K)

I pirated windows 10 like a year ago, don't care.

It is easy to stop this, ditch google, facebook, install adblocker, disable third-party cookies, install linux or block win telemetry, root your phone and install firewall with adblocker, it is that easy.

You can have a partition of SteamOS just for games, then an encrypted partition of Debian or something for secure purposes.

I'M GOING TO POST IT IN EVERY LINUX THREAD EVER UNTIL IT'S FIXED:
AUDIO STACK IS SHIT.
IF YOU HAVE NOTEBOOK WITH SHITTY SPEAKERS OR CHEAP HEADPHONES YOU CAN'T FIX THEIR SHITTY SOUND BECAUSE THERE IS NO SYSTEM-WIDE EQUALIZER IN LINUX.
On windows you could easily make sound quality of shitty headphones tolerable by tinkering with equalizer.
Mighty linux lacks this basic feature

Its unironically ok when Linux does it

>Pop!_OS is the most friendly Ubuntu spinoff, followed by Mint.
Cheers mate! Going to check those out. And yeah, I'm comfortable with the idea of using a VM or Wine for the sake of running some Windows stuff.

/g/ seems to be able to do it.

windows working for me since 98, i couldnt care less

its only retards without basic knowledge on how to not download fucking adware complain about performance

I kinda like it

>fraps
>qtorrent
>fucking qtorrent

???

Pop!_OS shill here (I use Arch btw). If you want a very quick glance at game support via Steam and its Proton project see this site:
protondb.com/
Keep in mind Proton is a combination of multiple projects such as Wine and DXVK combined to achieve its result of playing games, so compatibility could hinge on one and not the rest.
Proton via Steam now also supports non-Steam games similar to Windows in an attempt to bridge the gap.

There's also services like Lutris and Play On Linux which use community installer scripts for some games. Might be required for more esoteric installs (and end up using Wine+DXVK separately).

And as mentioned before, when all else fails and you want to go off the deep end (seriously, guides on guides) you can set up a virtual machine of Windows, pass through your GPU, and get damn near native within percents performance and all the compatibility back.

If you have cold feet, try your distro of choice in a VM from Windows to get the feel of it and its installation process, and perhaps dual boot until you feel like committing off Windows.

>its only retards without basic knowledge on how to not download fucking adware
Does win10 still have ads for Candy Crush in the start menu?

You need W10 for some games

If Microsoft doesn't want to continue updating Windows 7, would they allow another company to do it, if they only did it for donations from users?

Of course not, why the fuck would they ever do that?

>Does win10 still have ads for Candy Crush in the start menu?
hellyeah and it takes 2 clicks for permanently uninstall them

Have you ever used an OS that works?
In those, video playback prevents the computer from entering sleep mode. We don't have to tinker with power management.

should take 0 and not be there to begin with

1. Why it isn't a default feature
2. It doesn't works for me. I tried to running it as root. It changes nothing.
3. WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS SHIT NEEDS TO BE LAUNCHED FROM A FUCKING TERMINAL? IT'S A BASIC FEATURE AND IT SHOULD HAVE NORMAL BUTTON OR PLASMA WIDGET

Great then! Linux doesn't have this issue then

pulseaudio-equalizer has been a part of most repositories since like 2015. In gentoo it is in the default PulseAudio install.
Did you try doing a search for "linux sound equalizer" on the fucking internet?

>PLASMA WIDGET
my sides, too bad this thread is dead. see ya later winlads and linchads

>Pop!_OS
Neat, I just ordered a System76 Galago with Pop preinstalled. I'll let you guys know in a week how it goes.

>co-worker calls me creep and runs away
That means they knew what "TENTACLES HENTAI" is.

Works for me.
Don't run as root. Unless you're running pulseaudio as root (which you shouldn't be and probably aren't), running the equalizer as root won't fix anything. "Run it as root" is NOT a universal fix for Linux problems.
Don't know, sounds like a distro problem. Bitch at the maintainers or submit a patch yourself. All it should need is a simple-formatted .desktop file for most DEs.

Assuming not trolling, please user, if you already have hardware you can use that and install it yourself:
pop.system76.com/docs/install-pop-os/

Or follow similar instructions in a VM to test it out.

You can buy cheap chromebook, install linux on it and do the same.

Do yourself a favor and just install W7 if you want to use windows.

>"Run it as root" is NOT a universal fix for Linux problems.
Hell, in some situations it actually makes things worse because of permissions.

Don't really care much about Steam support these days. Barely use it anyways, but thanks for the info.
Dual boot is something that I'm definitely going to stick to at first, just in case if need be, but other than that I don't have much of a problem with the idea of switching. Thanks user.

I've been using Linux for a long time and I don't think I've ever had to fuck with any of that. Every major browser will suspend sleep when a video is playing, and every major video player will do the same.

Thanks. I've got through the /g/ pastebins, but I'm left with a question: if I wish to upgrade a laptop with OEM Win7 Home Prem, my current key would not work to activate Win10 LTSC, correct? In which case I have to use KMS. Is this right?

Yep, especially when you're dealing with files that your user needs to be able to access and you fuck them up by changing them to root, or when working with a network share. If SELinux is enabled, users have roles and root might be restricted from accessing some things because it's not a normal user.

No, I'm serious. Work is offering to pay for a new laptop because my current one with 4GB of RAM is no longer cutting it. It was between this or the Dell XPS Ubuntu edition.

Because I want to believe they're not evil.

1) They would have to hand over everything about it.
2) This is assuming there's a recipient competent enough to improve it without making it worse on top of the crap that's already there.

New hardware also doesn't support W7, my new build motherboard only let me use W10 to get full use of it. LTSC is good though, I also use a program that disables the borderless windowed nonsense easily for all my games, whereas I'd simply disable aero in W7.

95% does not need 4K nor expensive hardwere, you are just fine with 1080p60 with cheap cpu/gpu, will run just fine, spend those money on actual useful stuff, not toys.

1. Easily fixed with contracts.
2. As if there aren't competent developers out there.

Sounds like you want ReactOS

Why do you dislike borderless window?

poetic

>1. Easily fixed with contracts.
Such a contract would cost Microsoft money and not actually save them any money or make them any profit. Why would they hand over cash to another company to keep alive a product that Microsoft doesn't want to exist?

>2. As if there aren't competent developers out there.
There are, but Windows 7's codebase is fucking gargantuan and a crufty mess full of compatibility hacks. It's not about the competence of developers, it's that maintaining the Windows 7 codebase takes a fucking lot of developers.

It's the same thing. MS renamed it from Long Term Servicing Branch to Channel in 2018.

>I'm asleep within 10 minutes of my head hitting the pillow almost every night
Maybe you should get more sleep. That's not healthy.

just go to the mydigitallife forums and you'll figure it out in about half an hour if you aren't a retard.

ReactOS is a great idea, but still way behind and by far unusable. It's also a replacement for Windows Server 2003 by default, and still doesn't have a lot of Windows 7 features even in the pipeline.

Well, Vista was irredeemable shit, and it died forgotten without anyone ever giving it an undeserved second chance.

>>as soon as I got on Linux the tone of the friends that pushed me to try it changed
>>suddenly all the problems they never talked about before start surfacing
>>went from a perfect paradise without issues to "yeah that's a known issue, it will be fixed soon, yeah it's been broken for 2 years but soon"
>>they start getting tribal
This always fucking happens.

>Why would they hand over cash to another company to keep alive a product that Microsoft doesn't want to exist?
Because I want to believe they're not evil.

Just use LTSC.

It's an official modified windows without too much bloat and less frequent updates made for Hospitals. Every update they make is tested to not break anything or as little as possible.