Post high IQ games

Post high IQ games

Attached: 243115-vagrant-story-playstation-front-coversm.jpg (726x530, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qn5FmhnL3rM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw we'll never see the full version of Vagrant Story
>even if we did, it wouldn't be the same as it wouldn't be on PSX

>VS was only the prologue like Ground Zeroes
>VS2 would've been you with your cool magic powers

Attached: 1544313392767.jpg (800x460, 145K)

this is my mom's favorite game, along with chrono cross. cant even count how many times we played through this together

Attached: 278595ae-ee5a-486c-bb90-e988fbaa5ce1.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

is she hot?

not really, i mean shes around 60

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 41K)

>Whole game was just a setup to the Vagrant's Story
>Square goes down the shitter the next year and force Matsuno to make Isekai

Attached: wqwd41do8yj21.jpg (960x960, 161K)

My mom's favorite game was VTM:B she bought that because the people on her vampire/romance/mystery novel discussion forums were talking about.

>hit the enemy weakness: the game
>high IQ
More like low IQ players.

Surely you mean low IQ?

Vagrant Story is one of those games where everyone kept going on about how it was this brilliant underrated gem and some sort of pinnacle of both gameplay and story. Then I finally got to play it, and it was just so...boring. The game not only looks hideous and consists almost entirely of puke brown corridors with some of the ugliest texture work I've seen, and with characters being jittery, low-poly deformed abominations, but its combat is beyond clunky. You can't simply fight an enemy like you would in a normal action-RPG, between every attack there is a pause where you have to use a menu to retarget them. The game is so badly designed that magic literally freezes the game, since the game apparently can't handle something as simple as a spell playing out in real-time.

This is also a game where you have to switch weapons constantly, and to do so requires constant laborious and lengthy scrolling through what has got to be the worst menu system ever made.The music consists of bland, utterly forgettable orchestral ambient tracks. There's barely any sound design to speak of, and a complete lack of voice acting, while still having cutscenes with close-ups of character faces, bizarrely enough. The story is nothing more than the cliche 'bad guy gets corrupted with ancient evil force and goes mad with power' trope told in a needlessly pretentious manner.

To put things into perspective: Vagrant Story came out within the same year as other action-RPGs like Severance: Blade of Darkness, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Diablo 2. Those are action-RPGs that actually hold up.

Attached: 1557359713836.png (225x225, 50K)

>Matsunoshit
>not a 6/10 at most

>action-RPG
OP might have been wrong about VS being a high IQ game, but apparently yours is below even the required value.

>The game not only looks hideous
You're a retard and nothing else you have to say is worth hearing

When it came down to it I had a choice of buying either Threads of Fate or Vagrant Story with my combined Christmas + birthday money. I chose Threads of Fate and I have to this day never played Vagrant Story, but now I don't think I ever will.

Thank you.

Attached: Threads_of_Fate_Coverart.png (256x256, 140K)

>Severance: Blade of Darkness, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Diablo 2
Oh look, the PC shitter has shit opinions. What a surprise. Go back to your poverty box shitter.

All four of those games hold up today meanwhile Vagrant Story felt outdated by 2001.

>All four of those games hold up today
They don't hold a candle to Vagrant Story. Vagrant Story was ahead of its time, it was a prototype of a prototype and tried a lot of shit never before seen. Just because you were too thick to appreciate its beauty doesn't make it bad.

>Oh look, the PC shitter has shit opinions. What a surprise. Go back to your poverty box shitter.
Vagrant Story is also atrocious compared to other PS1 action-RPGs, such as Alundra, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

Attached: BattleTanx.jpg (381x261, 24K)

>Vagrant Story was ahead of its time, it was a prototype of a prototype and tried a lot of shit never before seen.
Such as?

that game is so rough to me now. as a kid i loved it, but i played it last year and mint was awful to play as, and while rue was fun, i felt burnt out by the time you have to play mini games at the witches house.

I'm up to the river in Snowshit Forest and strangely enough I think I'm getting the hang of it (But for all the wrong reasons). The boss was just a clone of the Dragon from Sanctuary with a weakness to a spell I got from the Crab.

Hell I read a spoiler free walkthrough and it honestly looks like I'm at the halfway point tand the plot is drip feed at this point unless Rosencratz being a sleaseball is the plottwist of the century.

Attached: memes.jpg (220x311, 30K)

Attached: file.png (730x687, 442K)

Any of you know of a game with a similar box art style but on ps2? A girl or possibly a trap, dressed in japanese garb I think. Wanted to buy it as a kid but never did and now I can't even remember the name

Rule of Rose?

Attached: rule-rose-diane.jpg (255x452, 21K)

>new JRPG from the makers of Final Fantasy!
>it's completely different to Final Fantasy
I'm sure thousands of people were disappointed by this game

It's 100 times better than any Final Fantasy so I bet they were blown away

Attached: binding.jpg (794x720, 138K)

ACLR

Attached: 0_nA9n1THYDE53mGbB.png (571x400, 217K)

based mom

The cutscenes in this game are so fucking good, my favorite is the snowfly forest one(start at 7:41)

youtube.com/watch?v=Qn5FmhnL3rM

Radiant Dawn is the only tough FE

The opening cutscene is shot like a big budget movie, it's very impressive.

vagrant story gives me fond memories, especially the workshop music, that song is amazing.
Gameplay wise, yeah It gets a bit stale, if you know what you’re doing there’s barely any challenge but sitting through those long ass animations is still tedious

Nope, the art on the box was as detailed as the one for vagrant story

Actualy I might look for the artist cause I think it's the same guy from what I remember of the picture

>game where you spend 99.9% of the time staring at the menu

Pass.

I returned it on the day I bought it, and I doubt I was the only one

I'm sorry for your shit taste

The game is weird. It's not for everyone. I guess you're the arbiter of all that's good and bad though, right?

is there any other game like vagrant story? Parasite eve has a similar gameplay but I'm mostly talking about the setting/presentation and the general feel of it

>I guess you're the arbiter of all that's good and bad though, right?
Yes

Games 1-5 and 8 only though.

Attached: Trails in the Sky SC.jpg (460x215, 57K)

Patently false.

>3 better than 7
do people say this just to sound cool?

Need a new dad?

I played both and love both these games.

Attached: id.jpg (500x357, 18K)

What are people talking about this game? Was there a sequal set for it that got cancelled?

>Was there a sequal set for it that got cancelled?
Yes, 5 of them.

Trailsbabbies get out please, this is a high iq thread. Can't you read?

i thought this series was only 3 games? what would 8 be? ToCS III?

Based FF7 fags BTFO

Arx Fatalis