Is it just me, or does this game completely stops being enjoyable after you reach Pripyat?

Is it just me, or does this game completely stops being enjoyable after you reach Pripyat?

Attached: r45.jpg (350x500, 52K)

It actually is only you. I calculated it and on the whole planet of all people its only you. Must feel lonely.

Damn, that's really sad

Attached: stre.jpg (510x610, 124K)

Well it stops being an 'open world' garbage collecting game and transforms into a linear traditional shooter that wants you to rush to the end soo... yeah.

Call of pripyat is the better game
Modded freeroam is the best way to experience this franchise imo

Isnt that the end of the vanilla game? Your locked in when you get near the plant.

Yeah, because by that time you're probably decked out in powerful gear, maybe an exo and you're mowing down hundreds of enemies instead of exploring and scavenging.

No, it stops be enjoyable right as you start playing

Kind of, but it's not that bad.

Clear Sky does the same thing, but 100 times worse.

Should I install any mods for this game?

I generally stop playing around that point. Only finished the game once, but have started many playthroughs.

Attached: 1565623445173.jpg (502x338, 92K)

There's a mod that takes all three games and combines all of the levels into one fuck huge game. I heard it's janky as shit but is the ultimate mod.

What happened to the IP for this game? So many mods out there that openly steal the game assets and then there's 'mods' like lost alpha which is pretty much the full game being given out for free.

Call of Chernobyl. Walking from Swamps to Pripyat has a charm to it and siding with factions is neat, but you're just running errands or doing the normal SoC story. Still, it's my go-to for that Stalkan' feel.

Attached: 1495921047960.png (418x615, 289K)

This game is even better in the native Russian dub

It's better, but the English dub gave us gems.
>I said come in, don't just stand there!

Attached: 1565938747063.jpg (500x667, 58K)

CoCk is boring sandbox garbage.
Play literally any other giant mod for SoC/CoP instead of that garbage, at least the mods available actually have things to do and don't get boring after 2 hours.

>Play literally any other giant mod for SoC/CoP instead of that garbage
What would you recommend?

Attached: 1512815377827.jpg (1334x1000, 141K)

Depends on what you want to play
SoC being the oldest has a lot of mods that do similar things found in CoC like bringing in maps from other games. If you want ultimate russian jank with hundreds of hours of content pick Stalker soup or any soup variants, Narodnaya Solyanka or JP2 are good picks. Along with having the main story and quests from SoC you also get tons of actual content like new quests, artifacts, anomalies or artifact recipes/making. OGSE and AA2 are also some that come to mind. I'm not as familiar with CoP mods but SGM and the trash fire known as Misery can keep you occupied for a while and SGM lets you go to more maps besides the 3 found in CoP and it has it's own quest line.

I'm not too demanding. I want to just scavenge, upgrade and make my legend in the zone, but I feel like I lose myself if I don't have quests to tie me down.
I'll be checking out all the mods mentioned. Except maybe Misery.
Thanks, and sequal soon, fellow Stalker.

Attached: 1566307547138.jpg (306x305, 26K)

Yeah CoC isn't inherently bad but like every sandbox game once you reach your endgame "gear" everything just sort of plateaus and gets boring for me.

Try Anomaly. Big standalone mod based off CoC

i loved the NPP, but it was a bit short. are there any mods that improve the interiors of the NPP? maybe add more rooms and add more detail to the reactor hall?

not if you didn't play vanilla first

Why do people hate Misery so much? It semi-recently got a massive update with 2.2 that fixed a bunch of shit people were complaining about, but people still seem to hate it. I'm not that in the loop with it, but what do they still need to fix that they haven't?

>suberb atmosphere for 90% of the game
>ok it's call of duty now get ready for 50 quicksaves
they fucked up

>get ready for 50 quicksaves
l2p

I have no idea, people have always hated it from 1.1 on ward because of "bloat" and "artificial difficulty" and how the economy is handled but I still manage to enjoy it despite all the hate it gets.

Who's the Yellow Guy on the cover?

Wouldn't say it completely stops being enjoyable, but it does go downhill then. Instead of being a lone wolf uncovering the secrets of the Zone, you fight in full on battles the game's shooting system is not designed for. Still a great game overall though.

>slavs
>caring about IP
most torrents are put up by Slavs

I'd disagree mostly because the level design sucks. The 3 maps are large, yes, but largely empty with the points of interest essentially laid out in a grid. Makes it feel much more gamey.

I find that every time I replay the games, it is SHoC I enjoy most, even in its vanilla state.

Have so say, I've enjoyed CoC immensely though. Great to have the CS Red Forest and Limansk in the map mix.

It is greatly improved by playing Ironman mode.