”trust me bro it’s totally just like dark souls”

>”trust me bro it’s totally just like dark souls”
Anyone else fall for this meme?

Attached: AF5007D9-23CD-4B6A-A63F-D34234439234.png (1024x1000, 707K)

I played it with my little brother. Beat every boss. Got every ending. Was good.

>Anyone else fall for this meme?
ye, I fell so hard for it that I platinum'd it and had a total blast while doing so

Of course not, because I'd never expect a game called to be exactly the same as Dark Souls, because that would be unreasonable. Instead I took it at face value and enjoyed it on its own merits.

Attached: OFJy8yiZ6GoqKSLnBvozq3sJBGLyGNIoTTMbHqYkRTQ.jpg (1080x1331, 109K)

It... is? It's a 2d metroidvania Souls; and Souls is just 3d metroidvania anyway (well, not 3)

I'm playing through this one right now, and it's alright, but all I can think while I'm playing is, "Couldn't they get anyone to test this shitty fucking game out before they released it?"
>Looks like shit, character and background art just clashes and the people look like retarded toads from Neptune or some shit, and it becomes difficult to see important shit on the ground since it all blends in
>Pointless and over-complex talent tree for barely any stats, just unlocking the ability to use "level 5" shit
>Metroid-style design with no map and shitty "come back when you have the correct brand secrets that you won't remember cause there's no fucking map"
>Every jump is spaced so far apart you have to grab the ledge constantly in what should be an action game, or fall often to your death. Somehow the platforming is almost as bad as the shit in Dark Souls itself, if that's what they're going for
>Prides itself on being difficult but every standard build like two-handed weapons, shields, or magic makes the game a fucking cakewalk where you're unlikely to even take damage from any bosses
>Not a single original idea in the whole mess
>Awful joystick controls, have to constantly be holding it upwards to stop myself from jumping through the platforms
>Terrible sound design, with almost no music at all, and the only time it comes on is to repeat the same boss track over and over, or to play that putrid electric guitar riff for no reason
I can get why people say it's just like Dark Souls, since it's a major fucking copy-cat where the only serious difference is that it's a 2-D sidescroller, but for example, Hollow Knight puts this game to fucking shame.

Attached: Mask.jpg (752x1024, 208K)

there's more than one ending?! what the fuck ending did i get then...?

You have to talk to the Scarecrow character in every single appearance to unlock different endings, IIRC. He first appears in the Village of Smiles near the main shrine.

Its a decent game. Extremely fun with a friend, the coop is fucking awesome.

Tree of Man can lick my dick, what a shit boss.

I'm having a good time with this game. The Deviantart style is surprisingly unintrusive

Same. Beat it a couple times, my favorite weapon was the gigantic fucking scissors. Pretty easy to platinum honestly, but I had a fun time with the game. Shame its only local coop or I'd play it more on my own. Its just not that fun to do NG+ stuff.

The drawn art for the human characters is so fucking bad but everything else looks okay.
Glad I played it before they nerfed the everliving shit out of that one weapon. Helped me run through the game up to NG+ for all the endings.

I've tried to play it on my Vita but haven't gotten very far. The resolution seems pretty off for some reason and I feel like I have to strain my eyes to read things.

I might give it another shot one of these days.

Agreed, Tree of Man sucks dick.
>If you stand on the bottom, he just "steps" on you with some ridiculous shockwave that takes half your health
>Bottom platforms are destructible, meaning you can get stuck down there
>Flame thrower gimmicks that don't even go on predictable timings, constantly changing from moment to moment
>Attack the weak spot for massive damage
>That shitty flame-breath thing he does on low health
Strategy I used was to stand on the two platforms in the top-left, as far right as I could be without falling off. I'd switch which platform I was on if the fire was going to come out, but when he would "smash" onto the platform with his fist, I'd jump over it and strike his head twice. Sometimes I casted spells while waiting for him to move. Then I just alternated back and forth, and spammed spells when he started shooting flames out of his head. Just equip all fire resistance shit, if you have the shield from the castle, this one should be easy.

>having expectations for indieshit
>ever

maybe NBA2K or fortnite are more your speed...

The only boss I've enjoyed so far (at the Dome) was Queen of Smiles. Would have liked Disembowled Husk, but he makes no sense with his "double-shot" garbage. Only problem with Queen of Smiles is that she doesn't decay stamina if your block attacks like the spin. It's real easy to get through the fight with zero damage since she's so weak, though she was very fair. Most of the other bosses are gimmick shit.

The Third Child was cool. The Witch of the Lake is a cheap fucking bitch but I liked the danger of the fight. Crazy plague doctor and weeb spaz by the gold guy were cool. Gigantic black tentacle dragon was cool. The three dead gods were cool. The two ghosts that used that big axe were cool.

This game had some decent stuff. I really appreciate how hard you can sequence break, especially in coop.

its always interesting to hear peoples different experience with bosses in soulsborne games. i remember i one-tried this boss. definitely struggled with other bosses that i cant remember, but not this one for some reason

I often find I die in Salt and Sanctuary because there's not much "recovery time." You get knocked down, but it almost feels like they've fixed the game so that boss attacks land when you're getting back up, resulting in a death. In Tree of Man, I'd get knocked by his punch or his stomp into a fire jet and usually die from the combination of several attacks, whereas I do well in fights where the boss is striking and you have to dodge, like Sodden Knight (though I hate how you jump to avoid the lightning and he does a leaping attack into another attack while you're on the ground). Somehow Dark Souls and Bloodborne just do it so much better.

That, or I die because of falling. The distances you're expected to jump are fucking unbelievable.

Better than the utter abortion that is Hollow Knight

>actually trying to shit on a decent game

You might be mixing up Salt with Deaths Gambit because holy shit that game was terrible. At least Salt actually understood what made the Souls games special with it's atmosphere and such.

I liked the weird stat grid in SaS, reminded me of FFX. Also goddamn faith builds were fun in coop.

Lake witch was the worst boss, trying to fight her with melee was a nightmare. Magic is op just like in Dark Souls and you can get strongest spells from hidden edgelords covenant.

Wasn't half bad, although most of the bosses were a joke

Decent b8

They fell for the Soulsian "hard is good" meme.

For some reason the game keeps dipping to 47fps and since the game speed is tied to FPS i can't play it.
Looks cool but its broken.

Yes and it was quite literally 2d Dark Souls