*BTFOs persona and smt*

*BTFOs persona and smt*

Attached: etrian_odyssey_thumb.jpg (402x361, 65K)

Maybe the newer games. EO 1 sucks.

Don't be a fucking queer user. I love all three series.

Attached: boomer-teach.jpg (500x500, 44K)

BASED. Except Persona stopped being good after 3 and SMT mostly with 4.

>*ssssssip* Ahhhh, Claret Hollows.... Heh, yeah, now THAT was a postgame!

Where do I start?

Attached: 1F633439-2222-4D15-96CB-DB8FA5988583.png (702x416, 185K)

Disagree on persona, but SMT apocalypse wasn't that great.
IV or one of the two untolds. If you're real hard core man you start with III though.

Attached: New player begins Etrian Odyssey.jpg (497x371, 143K)

Start with 1. It's hard as fuck, gathering is a pain in the ass, respeccing is a nightmare, and from what I remember the Paladin's taunt skill doesn't do anything.

But it's fun.

Cool thanks

EO5 was shit.
Nexus needed more dev time.
EO3 is still the best EO, 2U is a decent contender.

Awful opinion on what to start with. Game's only hard until you discover immunizer and how bullshit it is.

Attached: Etrian Odyssey.gif (400x193, 997K)

zoom zoom

>Start with 1.
Hahahahaha, no. I say this as someone who started with EO1 back when it first came out, there are far better options to start with than that broken motherfucker. EO1's a good game to come back to once you're acquainted with the series and can stomach iffy game design though.

Why has this meme devolved into baby talk?

>19 classes
>everyone thought it was going to be good enough to keep us busy for ages
>all the classes are so one-note that most of them have only a single viable build
>the active skills are designed so that all the good shit is behind the halfway point of each skill, with several skills not even getting the usual power spike at half level, so subclasses are only as relevant as their passives
>the gameplay and dungeon design isn't that good either

Attached: mokousadness.jpg (392x495, 41K)

>dies with the 3ds
lol

based, any other opinions are wrong.
depending on how much of a casual you are 1 will either be one of your favorite games ever or you'll wanna move to 4 for more hand holding, but theres nothing to lose with starting with 1

>EO5 was shit.
Except the story being nonexistent and the shallow food mechanics I think it was pretty good, definitely better than X.

even with immunize it is still harder than all the other games

>I think it was pretty good
Personally I feel the second name system was a big step back both in terms of design and fun, didn't help that it wasn't balanced well either. Wouldn't be against seeing a different variant of it in the future (perhaps tied in with subclassing in some way?) but the EO5 iteration felt like shit.
Dungeon design was incredibly boring barring strata 3 and 6. 4 in particular is probably the most snooze inducing one I've seen in years.
The shit story wasn't the main issue, it was the 2/10 tier fucking localization that was the real problem to me.
I have some other gripes with the game, but you probably get my point.
>definitely better than X.
X feels unfinished to me, like they bit off more than they could chew. 5 just feels like they didn't care at all.

This
Persona 2 is the last cool persona game