It's actually good

it's actually good

Attached: Devil-May-Cry-5-livestream.jpg (1920x1080, 869K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EN0fWT4LZJs
vocaroo.com/i/s04nhbYurZ9G
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree!

Yep

Attached: yiss.jpg (832x1024, 60K)

NEED VERGIL

Need to drop Nero & Dante and focus on a new character
Or give them completely fresh movesets so they feel fresh again.
Devil breakers were a meme

Also we unironically need a super campy story and atmosphere like DmC, and go back to anime stylizing

>Need to drop Nero & Dante and focus on a new character
A new character... like Trish!

Attached: 1566262589703.png (1268x986, 2.91M)

FUCK YOU

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

>Devil breakers were a meme
shit take. They basically doubled Nero's moveset and gave him some actual depth outside of reving.
You can argue that you should be able to switch between them freely, but pretending they didn't make him a lot better is just stupid.

It's good, great even. However it's not the messiah most people hyped it up to be. The weird reality is action games like DMC/Bayonetta/NG are the only genre of video games that actually IMPROVE over time objectively. What's state of the art today will seem ancient in 10 years.

That'd be fine with me. We need a new playstyle that doesn't revolve around passive enemies. Something that breaks the traditional rules of DMC.
Maybe like a mix of DMC, Bayo and Sekiro?

Attached: sekino.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

For some reason I kinda want Trish to have fangs here

breakers literally fixed Nero

>We need a new playstyle that doesn't revolve around passive enemies
yeah because furies and hell judeccas are super popular.

Yes! Adventures of Trish trying to tame Dante's old Devil Arms.

Attached: 1539641046166.jpg (703x1024, 146K)

It's good enough, but did not exceed my expectations. Itsuno got too cocky with that statement

The actual final boss in this game is not uninstalling it from all the loading screens. What a fucking joke.

Furies are the wrong kind of "aggressive" enemies because they are invulnerable for no reason. Their design is fucking stupid. Riots aren't even as aggressive as Blades, Judecca are just straight up shit because they literally have a move where they teleport into your screen and hit you. You can be in the middle of anything and they'll just teleport and hit you. Other than that they're fine. Anetoras are far more annoying than Judeccas because of their autism flailing combo that auto tracks for 60 feet.

Attached: trish2.png (1482x1040, 3.17M)

>no costumes
>no vergil
>not enough missions
>V sucks
>loading screens take too long
>putting microtransactions that ties in with the death screen(who knows if capcom will make it worse in the future)
These are my only problems.

I like DMC5 Trish better than old Trish. DMC5 Lady just looks like Lady always did but older and still sexy.

Attached: trish4.png (890x1032, 1.95M)

No shit sherlock that why everyone praised it. The only people that hated it were spergs like and hipsters that can't into fun

Attached: 1553953023084m.jpg (609x1024, 104K)

>No costumes
Each character has costume changes
>no vergil
Vergil is playable in the form of V
Real Vergil is in the story.
You can fight Vergil twice.
>Not enough missions
There was 1 more mission than every other DMC game except 2
>Loading screens take too long
Your PC needs an upgrade
>V sucks
No he doesn't, git gud
>MTX
Completely optional

the game is actually pretty fucking bad

Attached: its shit.jpg (1169x576, 98K)

Anetora
Judecca
Fury
Flame Bat
Behemoth

Are all fucking horrible enemies that needed far more work to get right.

>I want DMC to stop being itself and copy other games
No, but DMC does need some enemy design tweaks, like making them faster and giving some of them a dodge, a parry, a block and teleport (I know 5 has all of these, they just need to be tweaked into the enemies a bit better)

>DMC back after a decade
>With the IP on the ground
>With Itsuno on the lead
Did you even doubt it?

Oh wow most people stop playing single player games after beating them a few times. You sure showed us.

El Ogro del Mallet-oh.

No, the game is just single player, also its primary fanbase play on console. We all know Steam plebs have no taste. They just want MMOs. free to play garbage and sim games.

>There was 1 more mission than every other DMC game except 2
DMC1 has 23 missions...

>No, but DMC does need some enemy design tweaks, like making them faster and giving some of them a dodge, a parry, a block and teleport (I know 5 has all of these, they just need to be tweaked into the enemies a bit better)
Yeah that's fine too. but it needs a refresh from possibly a different dev, even as based as itsuno is. Or he needs to stop pandering to the old fans and start risk taking with the combat since it's the entire core of the game
level design could use some work too

I never said it was bad, I just want something that feels more fresh and not just an homage to DMC3. I've already played that game like 30 times over the last 15 years

>Each character has costume changes
Recolors don't really count. DmC had costumes and after 10 years I think we should have gotten them too

>Vergil is playable in the form of V
Imagine actually using this excuse. V doesn't play like Vergil if you haven't noticed

>There was 1 more mission than every other DMC game except 2
And? We have 3 characters it wasn't enough, it fucked with the pacing.

>Your PC needs an upgrade
consolefag and that shouldn't excuse anything

>No he doesn't, git gud
He is on higher difficulties, he's good as a one time thing.

>Completely optional
Actually defending mtx

Don't forget no turbo mode. And no, the fact other games didn't have it on release is not an excuse, especially after a decade of technological advancements. Considering micro transactions, they thankfully aren't a big deal, but they had no place in a game like this.
>Each character has costume changes
Those cheap color swaps can barely classify as costumes, you know what he meant.

Well some missions in 5 can be played as different characters and they go different routes so there's really more than 21 in 5

This game is far from perfect and has little bad ticks that the other games don't. For example the targeting system in this game is off the wall stupid. It happens much more often with V, but you can hit the target button on something right next to you and it will target something across the room. This doesn't happen in any other DMC game but it's fucking prevalent in this one. This shit killed me so many times on my Hell and Hell S Rank run I can't even describe to you how frustrating it is.

>still no mod to replace Dante with Trish
without having a fucky skeleton of course

Attached: 1423716691886.gif (270x435, 2M)

Yet, it still good.

It’s hard to take the game seriously when the game shoves cutscenes every fucking minute

I never denied it's not a good game, just sharing my thoughts on how it could have been better as some things feel very unpolished.

And loading screens, this game is actually worse than TW101 in terms of loading screens, it really really stands out trying S Rank runs.

>Load
>Select Mission
>Load
>Customize
>Load
>Exit Customize
>Load
>Start Mission
>Load
>Cutscene
>Load
>After 10 minutes finally play the game

never denied it's a good game*

English is hard.

It really is. I've only got a few nitpicks, and they're all about V.
I really hope the whole "we're no longer working on content" thing was a ruse, because the game needs 3 things
>Mode for playing any character on any mission
>Lady, Trish and Vergil being playable again, with minor buffs from 4. Maybe Lucia. Shit, just patch in another character every 6-12 months so we get Lucia, Frost, Nero Angelo etc.
>A dedicated Boss Rush Palace built in. I don't understand why this wasn't on the design docket from day.
I'm also chapped that they took my Giger-Tank-Baby and turned him into a gorilla, just so they could reference some 50-year-old manga nobody cares about.

Attached: x4.jpg (2160x1441, 1.48M)

I really enjoyed it.

DMC5 has about 25 or so with all individual character missions counted separately.

>but it needs a refresh from possibly a different dev
The core combat should stay the same (pause combos, and directional inputs, etc.) while still adding new ideas. Otherwise, it won't feel like a DMC game
>level design could use some work too
Level hazards (like saws in 3 and pits in DmC) could work and also destroctable objects and walls and bring back Item loops

Reposting, thanks for last thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=EN0fWT4LZJs

Attached: taunt.gif (256x192, 346K)

Yes, mistakes are made when you add something to a formula for first time; for obvious reasons. It is expected to happen, I don't see an issue

>Actually defending mtx

Just shut the fuck up. The mtx in this game is so far out of the way I often forget they're there. Using it as a criticism of the game is just blatantly dishonest and makes you look more like the sorry sack of shit you are than anything.

>Dude who punishes you for spamming Stingers and not learning to cancel combos
>Dude who spawns more dudes so kill him first
>Furies
Furies are cunts, I'll give you that. But they don't have a ton of health, and you can learn their patterns so it's not impossible.
>Flying projectile enemy that punishes you for ignoring it
>Big motherfucker with lots of health
Quit being a fucking baby and get good.

it's almost like most people played it and beat it

NG?

Where did he say it wasn't? You seem insecure with that type of response. No need to assume hostility from anyone who dares give criticism about the game.
That funnily enough sounds like something that often happens in DmC. Donte will target an enemy in-front of him despite the fact he's like 10 meters away from him while there's another one right next to him.
In DMC4 you could could change the lock-on targeting priority by whether you want it to prioritize enemies in front of you, closes to you or based on the direction you hold on the left stick. In 5 an option like this is absent.

The fuck just happened?

Attached: [Deathcore stops].png (640x720, 1.02M)

Site went down. Happens occasionally.

Attached: 1566235171703.png (370x354, 117K)

Yea Forums shit the bed

Indeed
Based Capcom released RE2 and DMC5, games I've wanted for a fucking decade, a month apart and both being 9/10+

>excusing the god awful loading
Fuck off shill. It's my GOTY and the loading is horrible.

>minute long load
>main menu
>30 second load
>second menu
>pick continue, minute load; pick mission select 30 second load
>mission select
>30 more seconds for shop / customizaton
>minute long for mission
>30 second cutscene
>minute long load
>play

It straight up ruins the game once you beat it once or twice. There is no reason the game should load like this with how RE2 is.

Judeccas are more annoying than Antenoras. Antenoras are great design because they test your juggling. As soon as you knock them down / let them drop, they go apeshit. But they’re usually fought in groups, so when I let one drop I try to use a different enemy to keep myself in the air till they calm down.

Judeccas are annoying because they automatically teleport out of your combos after a few attacks. So they can take a really long time to kill.

Its actually not

It's actually in the middle

vocaroo.com/i/s04nhbYurZ9G

Attached: 1536785326194.png (1125x1107, 1.36M)

Bloody hell this sounds too legit. Thanks for the laugh

how bad is a gun only playthrough on dmd or son of sparda

All the guns are pretty strong as I remember. BR has charge shot 3, Dante has Double Kalina Ann, and Griffon isn't so bad, though it'll feel even more shit playing an even more gimped V

Stuff like that is doable, but kinda boring.

Dante has enough guns to mix things up but nero and v would unfortunately not be too exciting.

>but older
She's not supposed to age. Unlike Dante or Lady, she's not immortal.

It would be cool to have both ladies in the spotlight again, but taking priority over the SONS OF SPARDA? Don't know about that.

Attached: 1559888741331m.jpg (576x1024, 62K)

Out of all the types of shitposts, these have to be the most retarded.
>uuuhhhh less people are playing this single player game months after its release, what a joke
The worse part, is that people start entire threads like this.

>No need to assume hostility from anyone who dares give criticism about the game.
Most of the time it is exactly like that and you godamn know it.

>He doesn't wear diapers 24/7

You mean mortal.

Yep.

clang clang clang clang.
we already have that it's called royal gaurd vs a boss. and it's even harder than sekiro because the timings less generous.
as for normal enemies no fucking way do I want cheap stealth kills.

Enough with the teleporting. I do agree the enemies need tweaked.

Why the fuck haven't they fixed this. It happens just frequently enough to be a pain, why am I not locking on to an enemy infront of me and instead one 180°behind me?

I thought some defensive variety for the enemies would be nice, the goats in 5 teleports just fine, so make it like them

Furies are easy as fuck to parry, two of their attacks take about 1.5 secs, the other is almost instant.

If they do make Lady playable eventually, I hope they take inspiration from the boss fight in 3 by giving her dodge attacks where she shoots at enemies. She feels so static in 4

Yes most of the board has been in agreement on that except for XV kun and his undying autism and hatred for any Jap game that is not FFXV.

You'd get cockblocked by Lusachias since they resist bullets

GIVE LADY DODGE-OFFSET!!
Or something like that, she's a gunslinger character, so having he do Bayonetta's gun moves would fit.

Attached: Lady.png (500x279, 151K)