What's the best Dungeon Crawler and why is it Etrian Odyssey?

What's the best Dungeon Crawler and why is it Etrian Odyssey?

Attached: 1556586637709.jpg (1300x1594, 1.1M)

New game when?

Rest assured, my folder is filled with enough pictures. I really just want to talk about Etrian Odyssey.

We first have to find SMTV before Atlus shows any interest in a new EO.

actually the best dungeon crawler is your mom on all fours

Attached: triumph_insult_comic_dog-1.jpg (480x457, 129K)

>have to start V and N
>playing PQ2 in the meantime because it's shorter
Still fun though, albeit less in depth for the units and with somewhat inferior map puzzles so far compared to the first. What I like is that I get EO mapping but with environments I'd never get to touch in a normal EO game's mazes, apart from obvious outliers like Gladsheim or the Heavenly Keep.

bunny tummy

Attached: 1558538053222.jpg (500x800, 227K)

Many great bellies and navels in this series
Also it's super fun and a really good series, I'm really happy to have played

Fuck, I leave for a few weeks and now everyone is on a crusade against muh hot anime bitches. As if this board couldn't get any shittier

Is PQ2 better than the first one? I remember PQ being thrash in terms of gameplay and dungeon design, leading me to dropping it after the third dungeon.

Better gameplay, worse maps. Just like EO and EOII.

>dumbed down wizardry
>the best of the genre

This is your brain on memes.

gameplay is better but the maps are shit

This is your brain on denial.

Q2 is weird, in that it fixes a lot of stuff from the first game combat-wise, but also ruins Q1's excellent dungeons

Like, they'll introduce an FOE and a floor mechanic separately, and then have a puzzle that brilliantly combines them together, but explain how to solve it before you can even see it. And then never use them in conjunction ever again.

As a side-note, the bosses are actually difficult, but almost all of them have some story gimmick that slows things down, so be aware

Attached: 1533548391462.jpg (510x673, 98K)

>using skateboard in chicago
>3ds dropped due to me forgetting to close the zipper on my bag
>only a small chip on the lower left part of the out shell
>put backin bag and zip close the pocket
>get home and notice the game cart of etrian oddyssey missing

guys please hold me

user you replied to
From what I've seen so far, it's improved in several aspects.
The combat is improved. I no longer feel as though I can just hit panic and instakill for every random encounter, and the first dungeon's boss put up a decent challenge. It felt like fighting a proper EO FOE when I defeated the Buster Girl at level 11 (recommended 23 level so that was nice) and apart from the goofy party restriction on Risky, it's a suitable challenge.
However, like I said, the map puzzles seem generally inferior. Nothing I've seen so far has surpassed the excellent 3rd dungeon of the first Q, and the puzzles aren't really more than "press button and avoid FOE in area where you pressed button," not even requiring any specific movement tricks. The dungeons also appear to be shorter than normal EO, just like in the first Q.
Overall though, it's a good game so far. I would recommend it, and I've never played any Persona other than Q1 before, so this comes entirely from an EO-focused perspective.

I only played wizardry 8 but it seemed a lot more simplistic than etrians at least in terms of the actual gameplay.

i laughed

None of them, it's honestly a pretty shit genre of games

install the cia's you goofball. your 3ds is hacked...right?

EO is essential ironic weeb core
shit gameplay everyone ptetends to like because lolis

The problem is that many games in the Wizardry series are extremely difficult to get into now, particularly the early ones. It's very difficult to find a human who would want to even play past the first part of IV, because the game is extremely cruel and beats your ballsack in more than a Spacejin work because the devs wanted it to be bonecrushingly brutal. This doesn't mean they're bad games, but no one wants to play a game that constantly shits all over your face unless they're absolutely dedicated and are fine with the extremely minimal interface and janky systems. Dumbed-down wizardry is considered hard by many. Real wizardry, at least the earlier ones, is considered almost if not outright impossible for many players. That's why there's so many clones of it that take it to a manageable level, it's a great idea but it takes hard, pushes it past 11, and makes playing it feel like shoving an iron rod up your urethra. It's fucking agony.

But I make a party of elderly people and pretend they're retired adventurers getting back for one last job. Also if I didn't like the gameplay there'd be no reason to play because you get a few static images and barely any plot.

not yet since im still using my cash to upgrade my bike and get a tent and shit for my hobo mode lifestyle this coming october