A new Bioshock instalment is inevitable

A new Bioshock instalment is inevitable

What would you want to see from it? Is rapture exhausted as a setting or is there more that can be squeezed out of it?

Attached: e10338b095441519b08a59bed9abbf15e7cae68f_hq.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0G5nljwAyFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wanna throw objects at racemixers

I would enjoy rapture again as long as the combat feels like in bioshock 1 or 2. I hated shooting paper bullets at sponges. They even ruined plasminds. FUCKING PLASMIDS

I'm conflicted.
For me, Bioshock as a franchise IS rapture. You cant have one without the other. Even Infinite, which takes place in its own setting, has wildly deep ties to rapture.
For that reason I feel like Infinite should really be a one off that ends up being the only installment that goes to such lengths to deviate from the original formula, setting included. I don't want a "volcano city" or a space station or some shit.

But that being said, I don't think there is really enough left to be said about rapture, and to continue would feel forced. I really don't know what I want.

To be fair, the whole series features bullet sponge enemies. Especially on every difficulty that isn't easy mode.

But yeah, I agree with you. I prefer the old claustrophobic combat to the sprawling combat from Infinite. It fits the setting much better.

Time travel. This time you get to do shit in prime rapture. You start off with a shitty little capsule hotel room, and work your way up to a beautiful underwater condo that you can decorate with the stuff from rapture you can buy and trophies you collect doing missions for factions.

You also go into alternate realities of earth and rapture and do stuff. There’s a Nazi controlled version of rapture where you have to rescue people, battle giant squids on expeditions outside of rapture on a nautilus style submersible.

A cameo from waifu as well as 1998 mode returning. The stealth was pretty fun.

Attached: 1542185354933.jpg (1800x2160, 1.79M)

Dark side of the moon, alternate history where Russia has won the space race and built a massive lunar society for only the elites. Mere decades later the Earth is more or less destroyed due to nuclear warfare. The economy collapses and massive riots break out
Massive timeskip. Hundreds of years later, despite originally being exclusive to rich politicians etc the economy totally collapsed in the wake of the rioting and lack of Earth's recources. All that's left are people barely trying to get by on what can be grown on the moon and people needing to resort to this games Adam alternative to survive starvation, leading to splicers. Despite the society in shambles, it still functions unlike Bioshock 1 and 2.
You play as the offspring of one of the last few eliets in the city with a desire to return the society to what it once was.

At the end, it's revealed thatnot only was earth never destroyed, but you have been on it the entire time thousands of miles underground. America won the space race afterall, but instead of admiring their defeat, Russia instead created an isolated society full of citizens that were made to believe they still lived representing the best country on Earth. The society was long forgotten by the rest of the world and left to itself.

Attached: 1563736342403.jpg (1024x804, 66K)

Ditch Bioshock and just make another "Shock"-styled successor (like Prey). Would allow the devs much more creative freedom than having to come up with more forced equivalents to Big Daddies and Plasmids just because 'Bioshock' is in the title.

Attached: 1558638778722.jpg (564x564, 69K)

Attached: 1565764604082.jpg (532x714, 78K)

The only Rapture story I could see would be ignoring 2 and having 80s US vs Soviet Union forces scrambling to get to plasmids to top each other. But Rapture would have to be all but ruins with hardly anything working or you'd have to poach 2 and have someone rise up to run it after Ryan and Fontaine. There's enough to work with there and some pretty good themes to tap that play to modern day but it'd be tough.

But honestly without Rapture I just don't see it. And without Levine I think they'd make the story and setting generic. Infinite didn't get ruined because Levine didn't know what to do, it was bloated from the beginning to be a AAA extravaganza. Hints of brilliance are there that never play out because they had to duct tape it in the end to release it.

But yeah, 80s Rapture as it falls being ripped apart by two superpowers absolutely fits thematically. You have a hook, opposing sides, and setting. All you need is a strong villain.

There hasn't been a 3 yet tho

I'd have it be an alt-universe version of Rapture so the history, rules, and even aesthetic can be tweaked while still making sure the franchise's core stuff is there. Have some version of Elizabeth there for Infinite representation and waifusim.

>Ditch Bioshock and just make another "Shock"-styled successor (like Prey)
So make a game that's completely different in every conceivable way, falsely brand it "Bioshock" despite the sheer lack of connection, and then regurgitate whatever the finished product is despite being a hollow and uninspired snorefest? No thanks.

Attached: Elizabeths.jpg (2560x1440, 2.75M)

He did nothing wrong.

Attached: HeroesRaptureRyan.png (1303x1940, 2.22M)

>falsely brand it "Bioshock" despite the sheer lack of connection
No. My point is that I don't want another Bioshock. I wouldn't mind more "Shock"-esque games being made, however. Make another successor like Bioshock was intended to be instead. That's why I used Prey as an example.
>then regurgitate whatever the finished product is despite being a hollow and uninspired snorefest?
Not even sure what you're trying to say here.

Attached: 1547109181815.jpg (355x440, 130K)

>Not even sure what you're trying to say here
I was under the impression that Arkane's Prey used assets from Prey 2 (development hell) until I looked it up just a couple minutes ago. Still, Arkane's Prey is a spiritual successor to System Shock and still has nothing to do with Prey. They literally just stole the name for branding. I have no problems if someone wants to make a Bioshock-esque title and all that but I'm just disgruntled at the entire Prey franchise situation.

Underground city for part 4 leading up to a city on the moon after the first moon landing, would be neat with some cold war shenanigans going on. Just keep the 0 gravity bullshit to a minimum. Part 6 moves on to a space station for the first couple missions/prologue, things go really bad, and of course, we crash down into Rapture. Bunch of ideas they can mess with. Only few would stick.

Attached: WOWNXT119.jpg (1920x1080, 389K)

A strange city with some particular retro aesthetic and exploring some philosophical, economical or societal concept, sure. Just not literally Rapture again, or lame tying in like Infinite.

I just want it to have my audio log waifu

youtu.be/0G5nljwAyFs

Attached: Diary_12.png (91x134, 16K)

>They literally just stole the name for branding.
Wouldn't be the first time Bethesda did something shitty for money. I just feel bad for Arkane, since there's a lot of people who assume that their Prey "replaced" the original Prey sequel when it was always intended to be an original IP that just got slapped with a name change at the last minute.

God this might just be the best one in Infinite

>Part 4
>Part 6
What are you talking about?

I honestly don't want another Bioshock. The writing and story telling has been complete ass since the first one, and it's gotten progressively worse, taking a huge nosedive with Infinite and its DLCs. IMO it really doesn't deserve another chance.

That said, if they could somehow write a decent story, and somehow tell it in a way that's actually engaging, it's possible that Bioshock could redeem itself, since the core gameplay is typically decent, if a bit uncreative.

Attached: photo_danseurs_douk_douk.jpg (1152x846, 266K)

fuck you kid

Ok