ITT: casual filters

ITT: casual filters

Attached: CC73F4A3-2812-4365-BC22-DD6B394261C3.png (336x304, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

serenesforest.net/general/localisation-changes/gameplay/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it was super easy

Just block the ramps bro

Reverse image search isn't working for me, this is Golden Sun?
So much nostalgia looking at this image and I don't even fully remember the level.

Attached: 1565622980246.jpg (728x483, 31K)

definetly not GS.

No

Why are there wifi symbols on the middle boat?

Attached: Unravel-Chapter-3-Water-Pool.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I was just about to ask if it was golden sun so must be kinda remember this?

Hello is this golden sun?

fe8 is only hard because people fell for the "don't use prepromotes, level up your characters to 20 before promoting" memes and so they had a bunch of weak ass units you need to baby instead of seth on the field to solo everything

Based golden sub

I think it's FF5 ship graveyard

Fire emblem games really expose me as a casual. I could never beat sacred stones yet I see people calling it the easiest one all the time.
it's fire emblem sacred stones

Attached: kaiji sad.gif (720x404, 1.02M)

But I chose Eirika's path

>casuals are too stupid to put high defense units on the planks and just wait it out while the enemy kills themselves
Really?

It's the easiest because it comes with a free grinding tower. FE games are hard when there's limited experience to go around but when you can play a piss easy map 100 times for free and make it so you have a full team of level 15 units tackling a map balanced with level 8 enemies then of course even a retard can beat it.

The map had flying units though, and if you don't move onto the center boat you won't be able to place units to block the stairs

>gargoyles ur backline from the fog of war
nothing personnel kid

This, seth and Gilliam can easily tank most of this map.

it has unlimited grinding but not unlimited money. if you grind too hard you'll run out of weapons

Imagine thinking Seth Stones was difficult at any point in either path. You could literally grind endlessly in that game.

Which is a shame, considering Blazing Blade right befofe it had HHM, which was a very nice challenge.

imagine getting filtered by the fucking map system

Attached: Cornifer.png (398x214, 62K)

I saw people dying like 20 times to this one. They never finished the game...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Just make sure your vulnerable units are shielded, check the movement range if the enemies.

How the fuck did FE8 go from being considered the one of the easiest, if not the easiest, game in the series to being a casual filter?

IIRC the free grinding maps also had enemies that dropped iron weapons and money. So you'll never run out of weapon uses. If you use all your killer/silver weapons in the tower like a dumbass then yeah you might be fucked in the later maps but I think with a full team of 20/20 units even iron weapons are enough to deal with the endgame.

The only unit that died for me was vanessa. I restarted the first map shes in 5 times but I kept fucking up for some reason, eventually i said fuck it and moved on with the game. Did i miss out on anything? Is she actually really good?

I'm pretty sure you can buy silver weapons later on.

>shove seth into an arena once he's maxed
>wait an hour
>???
>profit

FE:Awakening came out and lowered the bar for what's considered "difficult".

NuFE

the route split is the true casual filter, only scrubs picked ephraim
hector hard mode was the biggest piece of shit ever. removed deployment slots, genesis in general, the mass status staff spam on cog of destiny, the reduced exp gain, the fliers fucking everywhere forcing you to play slower, the insane amount of added 1-2 range enemies forcing you to use 1-2 range instead of your stronger weapons
i could go on but hhm was a bad way to do difficulty because it just made the game more of a pain in the ass. whoever decided reduced deployment was a good idea i hope was fired

isnt that the first boss?
shes alright but tana is better and doesnt have to suffer through base stat hell like vanessa.
its only considered easy because people arena/tower abuse. if you dont abuse the infinite resources its pretty standard fe, especially if you bench seth because he invalidates most of the early game and act 2 along with saleh

She's a flier, and like most fliers in the series, she has a massive speed growth, which makes her broken. See also: Caeda, Ingrid, Tana, Haar, Jill, etc. Does that mater? Fuck no. Seth can literally solo the entire fucking game with no grinding. That fact alone ruins all replay value.

Awakening had the exact same problem as 8. Nothing is tough when you have an infinite grinding machine to work with.

True but I consider it worse solely for how broken Pair Up was. By mid game if you had two characters paired up/supported for long enough they became virtually invincible together.

Reducing deployment is one of the best ways to increase difficulty, because it encourages more strategic unit coordination. You can't overcome the challenge through numbers. It's the reason why going for the gaiden chapters in H5 difficulty of Shadow Dragon is one of the toughest challenges in the series. You have to maintain a unit balance of under 15, forcing you to give up units that you really want to use, or save as a back up in case you run into a chapter where losing your units is inevitable. It's way better than Conquest on Lunatic, where they just give all the mooks the most bullshit skills right from the onset, like poison strike.

It's not, but it was my first thought at a glance

no it just limits the amount of people you can deploy and encourages you to not use the lower level shitters you get later because they are less powerful than your current squad and earn less exp due to hectard dumb mode exp nerf. its one of the least fun lunatic modes in the series and thats saying a lot when awakening and por exist

Anyone got the Ephraim "Another Ship?" PTSD thing?

>lol dude the game is easy, just use the OP unit

>dude the game is easy if you grind

Hey, here's a wild idea. Just don't grind?

The marionette here is a perfect example of a casual filter, and SF1 isn't even a difficult game.
For where it appears (close to the beginning of the game, only in the start of Chapter 2 if I remember right), the monster is incredibly strong and much harder than several bosses before and after it, and this is due to 2 things
First, it has much more health (35) compared to everything else. You can't just rush it without losing people unless you do some goofy back maneuver. Secondly, it has an infinite MP pool and access to a stupidly powerful spell, Freeze 3. At this point in the game, Freeze 3 can instantly KO multiple units at once, and it will cast it every turn if able.
The stage has no cover available, and is built so you would wear down some units at the bottom of the tent fighting mannequins and puppets, and have to slowly advance around him to take him out, while most of the other stages before it are easy to bumrush if you prepare a tiny bit.

Attached: Marionette-attack.gif (185x181, 15K)

>Reverse image search isn't working for me, this is Golden Sun?
No, this is.

Attached: 1535028827356.gif (600x383, 823K)

what game?

Shining Force.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 169K)

>game is actually not easy if you impose a whole lot of limits on yourself and forego entire parts of the game.
That's why FE8 is piss easy. Any game where you have to defend it by saying "just don't play as intended" you've already defeated your own point.

Didn't need to. You shouldnt, either. Tana and Vanessa are broken. Ephraim is broken. Seth would be the single most broken unit in the entire history of srpgs if Orlandu didn't exist. Grinding is for the scrub that's too stupid to make use of the broken units; that extra easy option so even infants can beat the game.

>Dude this game is so hard when you just refuse to use parts of it

>game with tower of valni having any casual filters

lol

Attached: 07.png (336x448, 35K)

FE games are casual, you are correct.

Only FE12-16, since those have Casual mode :^)

>vanessa is broken
its more a product of being a flier in a movement heavy magic heavy game than her being good at combat like tana and ephraim and seth isnt really the most broken unit in fire emblem desu. he just has really good growths compared to the rest of the cast and very good bulk.
>dude this game is easy when you abuse an infinite resource meant to stop playing from being stuck
this map is legit a nightmare on hard. if you dont know the roy rescue drop to get zealot on turn 2 this map becomes even harder. its probably the top 3 casual filter maps in all of fire emblem

Shining Force 1, on Sega Genesis.

The tower isn't why FE8 is easy. The real reason is that Seth is ridiculously overpowered, outclassing pretty much every other unit in the game without any investment.

if you restrict yourself from spamming seth its actually got some good difficult chapters

Since we're talking about FE games, can anyone explain to me why steel weapons are such shit?
I just finished Sacred Stones after having played the first Fire Emblem on GBA with Lynn & etc. many years ago.
I used iron weapons the whole game up until the last map or two when I used the super-weapons.
Also, does any FE game allow you to max level your characters by just playing the basic story?
The first FE GBA game ends a couple missions after you get promotions, and Sacred Stones isn't much better than that in terms of pacing.
Are there any harder versions of these games that require you to really have some maxed out units in order to make it through to the end of the main story?

Binding Blade is only hard at certain points because Roy is a shitty lord, which is uncommon in this series. You literally have to babysit him until you get the Binding Blade... then he becomes broken like most other lords.

It's because steel weapons weight a ton and most units don't have high enough CON to wield them without their AS taking a hit.

Is this FF5?

steel weapons are not supposed to be upgrades from iron weapons and instead they are there to give you more options for when you need a bit more might to push some enemies

if they were a straight up upgrade from iron weapons there would be no reason to use them

I thought the same thing, it's Fire Emblem.
The ship graveyard can be tough but it's not a casual filter.

Steel weapons are only worse because the weight lowers your doubling threshold. For speedy units, that might not matter. For slow units, it definitely doesn't matter, since they weren't doubling anyway. Also, consider the extra might being the diffefence between killing a unit in one hit, or being retaliated. They're another option instead of being a direct upgrade, which is a nice way of balancing things.

Play HHM in FE7, Radiant Dawn on hard, H5 in Shadow Dragon, or Lunatic in Conquest to really learn the depth this series holds.

Attached: cuphead.jpg (640x360, 28K)

i can tell you never played fe6 hard mode because its actually better to just not train roy at all and its hard because enemies are absurdly high bulk, do a shit ton of damage to you for most of the game till the route split when you surpass the enemy entirely, and your hitrates are shit for most of the game. binding blade isnt hard because of roy, hes the least of your problems. and even if you train him hes only good with binding blade because most of the endgame enemies are weak to legendary weapons. lords arent even particularly broken in fe so idk who ur comparing him to but he really sucks nuts at combat for the entire game then hes good for like 2 chapters.
because an increase of 3 might is only worth it if you continue to double but the con formula makes it so only cavs and warriors and generals can use their steel weapons without taking the speed penalty, silvers and killers are pretty good tho.
>fe games allow you to max level...
path of radiance, radiant dawn, fe6 if you really like the unit, thracia, and fe4 its possible to max out units in a casual playthrough. none of the games really need you to hit your max level but new mystery kind of requires you to hit caps for magic for the end game dragons and some units can only be doubled by horsemen and swordmasters that have been capped because of their high speed.

in the marth games im pretty sure they are better in every area except hit because weight doesnt hurt you in that game
based
hard 5 shadow dragon is complete stat inflation bullshit and i have no idea how people enjoy that game especially with how shit the prepromotes besides wolf and wendel are

Iudex is certainly a filter for people that hadn't played a Dark Souls game, but the Lothric Knights felt like a filter for playing DS3 in particular. They're easy to overcome when you figure them out, but they make you learn.

Attached: lothric_knight_swordshield[1].jpg (586x991, 92K)

>Better not to train Roy
How much damage does he do to Idounn, when untrained, because from what I remember the other weapons barely graze her.
and between the western isles, the first 5 chapters or so, Maggie and Rose, and the cavaliers there should be enough weak foes to train Roy up a bit

As for the steel, my main use for them in the GBA was so that Sain, Oswin, Hector etc. could kill mages without eating the counter attack.

>Using Seth.

Attached: 1545987771983.jpg (201x201, 7K)

>2019
>people still think SS is the easiest after awakening and now three houses

>get emilia to paladin
>she is better than seth in every single stat
defend this sethfags

Those are bar graphs, I wonder what they represent

Attached: VerrĂĽckt_Menu_Selection_WaW.png (619x369, 493K)

>when the knight almost 1 shots you with a spear charge
he 2 shots her at base im pretty sure.
>cavalier foes should be weak enough
in normal mode hes really good on that chapter but in hard mode he gets 2 shot by them and does like 12 damage out of their like 27. its alright chip but those cavs are god damn invincible on hard mode. usually i just pour all my exp into lugh lance alan dick and ignore roy for the first five chapters.

awakening has real dificulty even if it is bullshit
3H only has hard (actually normal mode) because maddening was not complete for release

Pink general>pink bitch

Cavaliers in SD have like 9 movement speed or something ridiculous like that. Caeda with the wing spear is a huge crutch for the early game, which is by far the hardest part of H5. Most of the best units, like Barst and Frey and Caeda, are all given to you in the early game. Plus rescue staves are insane. So the game does give you tools to succeed, and because of that the game gets easier over time, unlike Conquest lunatic where endgame is a massive pounding right in your nutsack and can completely ruin your playthrough.

3H on hard is easier than SS on normal

that map is actually stupid hard tho, no training space and the zombies were way more aggro than nacht
seth has better growths than amelia and doesnt need to be babied ever. defended. amelia is fun to make into a god of war tho.
you should be embarrased if the spear knight 1 shots you bro.

Attached: the great filter.gif (500x298, 972K)

I would say it's about on par with 7 if you make the tower off-limits and don't backtrack for skirmishes, which is still kinda easy.

>Started a new playthrough yesterday
>Play with a fucking keyboard + mouse while I always played souls game with a controller
>Beat him within the second try

This boss is fucking easy dude.

No that's retarded, because a lot of optimal LTC bullshit strats don't even require the 8 deployment slots you're given for most chapters in HHM, and it hampers more casual/intermediate play by limiting your options which greatly increases the disparity between units. You get to do more fun shit like double thieves and bringing along filler prepromotes in FE5/6, which on top of being harder than HHM give you tons of deployment slots.

Awakening also had Lunatic+ which is "Reset until RNG lets you get past the prologue."

I didn't find the cavs so bad, it was the wyverns that fucked me over in ch7, and mad me wish I put some effort into Lugh, Sue, Dorothy, Marcus or Wolt

holy shit, so much fucking SOUL

>Since we're talking about FE games, can anyone explain to me why steel weapons are such shit?

Because they're poorly balanced. The only reason they're heavy is for fluff reasons rather than game balance.

Really just Lugh and Sue are enough to deal with the wyverns, or Marcus/Zelot with axes.

That chapter is just a load of bollocks on Hard Mode. Treck can easily die before even Marcus can get to him.

For the wyverns, they dont move unless they can reach you in 2 turns of movement so you can stay clear of the left side wyvern and just camp the right side of the map with marcus + zealots to take care of the cavs and other units. Still an insane chapter

base level sue does jackshit against the wyverns and you only have half a chapter to train her a little, unless you use a steel bow and then you are forced to reset because you miss the coinflip

>really scary the first time
>FoW
>flying ranged enemies can come from anywhere
>replay the game
>enemies always come from the same spots so you gotta your units right

Just dont miss lmao

b-but fe6 rng is bugged bro....

>blocks your path

Attached: 10b.png (368x512, 45K)

>using super mushrooms
>using heart refills
>using life balloons
>using potions
>using save points
>using your hands
>using your eyes
>using neurons

Attached: 1416677743681.jpg (400x267, 20K)

>Not getting Echidna and the killer bow
You chose this future

>picking restore instead of killer bow

you are like a baby

Attached: 11a.png (480x416, 50K)

Mission 5 of Bayonetta

>introduction of Grace and Glory
>Jeanne boss fight

I'm replaying it now and I can tell you unless you get incredibly RNG fucked, which is extremely unlikely, it's still ridiculously easy without any grinding.
The hardest sacred stones maps imo are the maps with fog when you have to rescue the villagers and the boat which I think is on Ephraim's route just because there's also fog and actually some challenging enemies.
Once you get some characters like Ross built up it becomes a cake-walk.

Echidna can literally die the turn she appears

>not getting chadtre and the true king of etruia on your team

>recruit tate
>green peg suicides on a reinforcement brigand
>no elysian whip for her till chapter 16
that map was hell on my last iron man run

doesnt ross have like 20% speed growth? hes such a shitter

Attached: JjdhSWW.png (600x284, 230K)

>filters your casual

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo-16.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Attached: 1 (56).png (397x240, 90K)

Sacred Stones is as hard as you make it for yourself. I played it on hard and leveled every unit in the game evenly, without grinding. I only started promoting units in the last 3 maps. In that playstyle, it's one of the hardest games I've played - some maps took over 20 hours to clear, with perfect planning and RNG manipulation, since most enemies got 2 attacks on my units and often could simply kill them in one combat.

But the intended way to play FE up until that game was to play one stage then the next one and so on. The towers and skirmishes are optional and you can even leave skirmishes if you are somehow forced to enter one.

Wut? If this is from FE7 than I distinctly remember this being one of the easiest maps in the game, no resets or save states needed.

good times.

>than I distinctly remember this being one of the easiest maps in the game
no, that is from FE8 sacred stones, its also one of the hardest map in that game but thats not saying much because fe8 as a whole is easy

what game?
its ghost ship from fe8
so if you just play super bad and dont promote anyone then its hard. amazing commentary

I literally stopped playing DS3 on the first lothric knight. But I finished DS1 after that I should try it again

how many of you fags played this gem?

Attached: map14.png (512x414, 47K)

SMT4

Attached: Logo-MH1.png (300x212, 88K)

You MUST be joking. I can't believe that anyone could spend 20 hours on any map in this series on any difficulty, let alone anything in Sacred Stones. Even if you level your units evenly and don't promote - were you not using Ephraim or Seth, while also not equipping new weapons after breaking old ones, while also playing blindfold in the middle of a trek through a fucking artic blizzard?

this is the part where i just quit the game, thracia sucks ass and idk why people enjoy it so much.

The point of a strategy game is to be challenging. If it's not challenging enough without restrictions, you add restrictions on your own. Unless you're a casual.

Do people actually use Seth? I feel like he's really weak once you start promoting other units.

Seth is incredibly based.

Attached: 1538949059348.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

Being a unit that requires zero babying counts for a lot in FE. The faster you play, the more you'll end up relying on him, along with Dussel and Cormag

>needing anything but Str and Lck on a berserker

You gotta be prepared for anything bro, surely you had boltings to kill these annoying ballistas right?

Attached: map17a.png (512x446, 54K)

turtle filter

Attached: map-of-chapter-8-.png (806x240, 322K)

him and innes have some of the best growth rates in the game. his growth rates are on par with franz and tana and his bases are super good especially stuff like his str and his base bulk. sure you can 20/20 someone and they might be better than seth but hes still good enough at what he does and needs basically no investment to get to his base performance. i fucking love the guy
i broke my meteor tomes before this part of the game

Why not just start the game on Easy Mode? Same fucking difference.

Tharcia is insane. I love it.

I fucking hated the map system of this game

Seth is one of the most broken units in the history of Fire Emblem and can pretty much solo the entire game. He's not Marcus.

Sacred Stones is one of the easier FEs, even without considering the Tower. Don't kid yourself.

I too wish the ground were harder and more of my bones were broken

thank god for anti turtle incentives because i fucking hate people that just grind up and take 200 turns per map and how bad their views on fire emblem are

Yes well some of us don't like playing games on easy mode, even if that easy mode pretends to be an actual unit.

Try dealing with the lava map with all the medusas for example when they kill half your units in one shot from across the map and have a high crit chance to also kill the other half. Or any map with fog of war - again, most units die in one attack. I mean leveling ALL the units in the game evenly by the way - using different sets of units for each map, so they were like level 10 unpromoted over halfway through the game.

It was a fun challenge though, some major 4D chess required to get through some of the maps. Every boss could pretty much kill any of my characters in one combat, so fighting them became ridiculous puzzles of trading the most powerful weapon around to use them multiple times per round, and rescuing characters out of the boss's range after attacking. It was insane.

>not taking a lot of turns to level healers
But why

I've played most of the FEs and Sacred Stones was the hardest one thanks to playing it that way. But it seemed obvious that it would be easy when played simply to win as easily as possible.

The first game and the swimming in third gen are the only real casual filters this series has.

>Yea Forums still thinks growth rates > base stats
oh my fuck

yee

Attached: map-of-chapter-16-.png.jpg (620x185, 24K)

gba healer training is so aids.
>hey shura join our party
>ok
>can we have that money back that you stole?
>no

Doesn't healer exp get dimishing returns the more you use it on a single map? And besides, why would you waste healing uses?

Oh, I also had to use the story-related characters to fight each boss to make sure I saw all the special dialogue. So that meant somehow getting squishy units to survive encounters with bosses. Beat my autism I dare you

so that you can hit level 10 earlier and promote for the movement bonus

>leveling healing in old games
>10xp for a heal
>1xp for surviving a fight
Taking fucking 200 turns to promote an unit is a fucking chore

>Not killing Shura for boots

Attached: 1553653540850.jpg (1540x1278, 360K)

Gimping yourself so severely in an attempt to make SS into somewhat of an actual challenge doesn't mean the game itself is difficult retard.

For fucks sake you don't even have to abuse Seth /Cormag or the Tower to make SS easy as shit, most of the regular units like Lute or Joshua are stupidly strong as well, and you're forced to use Ephraim who can pretty much solo.

luckily torch staves are like 17 exp so fog of war chapters arent as bad.

I literally say in the post you are replying to that the game itself isn't hard. Are you some kind of special needs person?

shining force is my favorite MD game. new entry when, sega? and not the shit you've been pumping out since PS2 either

thracia autist here
ask me fe5 stuff if you have questions

You are very autistic and I appreciate that but why would ypu do that instead of just playing the ds games

Hi mekkah, what thracia mechanics do you think should be in the next FE

Isn’t Cyas cool?

fuck off

no

why should i play thracia?

Never, since Sega utilizes the brand name for an entirely different series that has nothing to do with the original shining series now.
Camelot actually does still want to make Shining Force IV (as recently as 2017 they said this) but say Sega ignores them.

The DS games have shitty gameplay mechanics and artstyles. I did play through Awakening in the same way, but it just turned into a bunch of retarded RNG with all the randomly-activated special abilities and the pair-up bullshit. The way I play I need to plan out like 30 moves in advance down to the exact damage numbers to win, which is possible in Sacred Stones but not in Awakening.

i meant the marth games

I'd only recommend it if you're a big trpg fan and you like it when a game has unique maps for you to overcome. It's also quite atmospheric and good at intertwining story with gameplay mechanics. On the other hand if you're the sort of player who prefers to follow walkthroughs and/or to grind your units you probably will not enjoy this game.

Lothric knights teach you that you're playing DS3, not 1. They punish attempts to circle around to backstab and turtling, teaching you to responsibly raise your shield and teach you how to zone and keep away, watch their combos so they don't catch you on the stab. Keep your distance and learn where the tip of your weapon is, or they'll give you a smack with their shield.

I love Shadow Dragon so much, especially the art style and minimalistic approach to dialogue and supports. It's a perfectly paced game, and it makes me upset that most people hate it.

On the other hand you've got the Fates games, flooded with supports and fanservice. Couldn't stand it.

This map is stupid easy, wtf. Just use the fliers, Franz, Seth and Duessel.
Now THIS is a true casual filter.

i liked that the pre chapter dialogue in new mystery is short and that the story is optional but not empty if you dont do the base conversations

Based B rout patrician.
You can choke the points with some tanky units for the entirety of the map, usually base Fred, base Glade and 10/1 Finn are enough to do it. In the mean time you can kill stuff with Asvel and Homero to train them and spam staves with Tina and Salem.

That sounds like quite a bizarre challenge to do and thoroughly unenjoyable. I've done a 0% growths ironman run and it was pretty cool because I had to make the most out of my limited options but if you take away too much and have to rely on rng manipulation you're not really playing fire emblem anymore.

>all you have to do is not level your weak units properly and make use of the hero they specifically give you to trivialize encounters if you're too stupid to figure them out and need hand holding
Holy tits son.

I don't like the warpskips and forged effective weapons are dumb and the DS game reclassing is silly

2 of seth/franz/gilliam on the top planks, duessel on the bottom plank, now every skeleton without a bow or javelin is going to die

then build a defense around the masts for when the gargoyles come and have fliers above the water to scout for eyeballs

Attached: file.png (747x475, 560K)

>i dont know what casual filter means
>letting lrachel and duessel die
you need to do more than just wait for the skeletons to die if you want to beat the map, and theres more fliers along the map that a casual player wont know about and will get filtered.

tl:dr you guys dont know what casual filters are

Attached: thegreattower.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

Mqp has arena and a shop, you earn money in the arena by winning, buy weapons and items and free levels.

Nah man 3 houses is the fucking easiest

>game has easy and hard mode
>starts game on easy mode
>wtf this is too easy
>dude play it on hard
>no, if they put easy mode in the game I have to use it
You absolute mongoloid, I bet you legit think Dark souls is hard.

>casuals your filter

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo-17.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>using a unit is easy mode because I say it is
ok retard

it's not really a casual filter, just the game trolling you since you got a stupidly small health bar and you just got DT so you probably don't know how to properly use it specially since it's a really scarce resource. you probably won't even have Stinger at the time.
if you want an actual casual filter with all tools at your disposal, it's either the Shadow or the bull scissors at the sewers.

Well, you are wrong. Cyas is pretty cool.

Attached: pict04.gif (320x200, 28K)

FE newfag here. Should i start with GBA fire emblem (the lynn one) or path of radiance?

>play starcraft
>thereisnocowlevel the entire game
>wtf bro this game only took me 10 minutes to beat
>don't do it then?
>they put the option in the game, I have to take it.
You're basically pavlovs gamer.

Casual filters don't happen in the middle of the game. If something is difficult in the middle of the game it's meant to be difficult and almost every game has one part that is tougher than the rest, it doesn't make it a casual filter.

this, but the whole game

vandal hearts did it better

>equating unit choices to literal cheat codes
I said ok retard.

yes

>comparing a cheat to an unit you get by normally playing the game
by that logic if you use your hands to play instead of your feet you're cheating too

Both are good options, choose whichever you want

path of radiance is one of the shittiest slowest and most boring games in fire emblem besides the nes games. play 7,8,conquest, or awakening desu. awakening has good humor and lots of rng elements, conquest is the peak of fire emblem gameplay in the series but its much harder to get into than the others, 7 has a very fleshed out tutorial and a variety of maps/objectives, and 8 has the most soul of any fire emblem game to date with a passable story and good maps.

GBA one but don't do what you learn in tutorial and promote units before they reach max level.

>you're not intentionally wiping half of your own team at the start of the match, that means you're playing on Easy Mode or cheating

Attached: bridge-to-arkngthand.png (1280x960, 1.11M)

FE5 is a true casual filter. Yes the entire game. It is what Conquestfags pretends their favorite waifu petting simulator is. People cry and complain saying that the game is bad when in reality they just got filtered in the prologue.

>seth isnt a cheatcode
found the casuals

They literally give you a broken and unbalanced hero. If you abuse him to make levels easier than they are meant to be that not only makes you a retard, but isn't really any different than using a cheat code. If you want the game to be difficult then play it on the fucking difficult mode. Obviously you're both retards so I'm done with this.

You don't even need to use Seth, Duessel, and Cormag to make FE8 easy. You don't need to use the tower either. It's probably the easiest Fire Emblem game.

why is this a filter?

>bro you need to level your units evenly so you're using bench shitters in lategame and not promoting until 20 for everyone FE8 is so hard i swear

All FE games are as easy as you want, there is always someone or something you can abuse. And Awakening has Lunatic+ that is really difficult but also really bad. It's impossible to balance it properly.

Attached: jeu_psp_136[1].png (372x380, 90K)

This, I went into the tower once and I got bored of it. I never finished Sacred Stones only because Eirika is fucking dumb and I chose her route to make sure she doesn't fuck up something on the way, only to fuck up when it mattered the most to not fuck up. Should've went with Ephraim.

Thracia is only difficult if you compare it to other game's normal/easy mode. It's similar to FE12's hard mode which is much easier than maniac which is much easier than lunatic which is easier than lunatic+.

>Seth emblem
>hard
pick one

Attached: 45b-1.png (1620x1102, 2.91M)

Attached: c746c60c3a982d48b046dd925001f1e6ccf2d6c7v2_hq.jpg (1024x922, 99K)

The difficult mode would be Ephraim Route on Hard Mode. Unfortunately Ephraim is a broken and unbalanced hero too.

The boss spawns in an untouchable location immediately behind your party, covered by fog, and is almost statistically ensured to kill any of your behind-the-lines units because he has 23 atk and 13 attack speed

Because this is a choke point map and the area right by the start would logically be 'out of bounds ' for reinforcements in any other FE, you'll likely have them behind the front lines undefended.

Even if you do have someone to defend them, he has a short spear and thus can attack at 2-range. He's also joined by two other units who will finish off what he started

Basically unless you specifically prepare for an event that would seem completely impossible, you will have to reset.

Attached: you might want to jump if you know what's good for you.jpg (210x240, 19K)

What a nice game.
Is the sequel any good?

id say yian garuga is better if we are being honest

Is this loss?

>being this obtuse
Seth is broken and you know it. Don't use him and then complain that you used him.

Snowy Granius is usually the first humanoid enemy that new player meet (if they took the silt strider to Balmora), and because he's a battlemage, he can be a pretty tough motherfucker early on.

>idk what a casual filter is
thanks for your contributions

*blocks your path*

Attached: Cerberus.gif (600x463, 74K)

Eirika is dumb as a stump but Ephraim getting punched in the face for his stone when he's a whirling tornado of death otherwise is also pretty stupid.

>*swords behind you*
>"Heh...Nothing personnel Ragna-kun"

Attached: how in the fuck am i supposed to hit this bitch when theres swords all over the goddamn place this i (300x306, 137K)

God I miss old Fire Emblem maps, will we ever get them back bros?

Attached: Capture.png (640x873, 581K)

they are called lords and units you weird ass.
iirc he was paralyzed during that cutscene

tell that to the post i was responding to faggot

I would manage that, after all, they are facing ANCIENT EVIL Mk. 25 or something. Eirika being so fucking gullible is making me rage like an autistic retard, and I'm not even assburger. Holy fuck, how much I hate her.

Ross must have gotten good growths on my playthrough, because he was a fucking baller. I remember just throwing him into piles of enemies as bait and anyone he didn't obliterate with one hit got cleaned up by my horse/pegasus units waiting to swoop in.

LMAO his tells are ridiculous. by the time I got to him I farmed a lot to get his full set and comfortably went on to start the midgame.
the pink rathian is the actual filter, that is, if you don't already croak to Rathalos or even Diablos.

Literally every Thracia 776 map.

FE6 feels so poorly made at times honestly, I've always really disliked it

Attached: Palu paper.jpg (1068x728, 136K)

I got lost there for awhile until I blindly went down the stairs descending into the water on one of the ships
Was a cool level but I felt burned having the ship taken away so soon
I wouldnt call it a casual filter though

I actually thought it was FFV at first

>see that "fire emblem fucks your mother" image hyping this map up
>get around to playing Thracia, reach this map
>one of the easiest maps in the game, just choke the spawn point and warp Dean out to get the lower houses

I hate to be *that guy*, but cmon, nothing in MHW will filter anybody. You honestly shouldn't be filtered by anything in any MonHun until you hit G rank. Not being elitist here, because even my brother - who never touched MH before - soloed every piece of content and was farming Elder Dragons in MHW without dying. It's a complete joke how they butchered the difficulty.

Jump to dodge.

Three words. It takes three fucking words to turn DMC from an utter nightmare into something actually playable. Jump to dodge. Learn Air Raid. Use Devil Trigger. It only ever takes three words and you suddenly understand everything.

I, as a grown fucking man, was stuck on Phantom 1 and then Shadow for MONTHS of sporadic playing. I just couldn't fucking do it, I didn't understand why the game was so shitty and clunky. And then I read a few 3-word sentences and I went from losing to thinking the game was piss-easy.

Absolutely do promote units before max level. Strength now >>>> strength later, especially in FE7 where they swamp you with a million OP prepromotes and so "now" is the only time you actually need powerful units, because "later" you're going to get really good ones.

You're never going to get to level 20/20, but you might save yourself a few hours of headache if you give your unit 3-7 instant levels worth of stats by promoting them.

that's an overstatement. the game was made enjoyable for solo casuals all the way up to Elder's Recess, where it starts giving old fans what they really want.
also farming Elders without dying is a bragging right, not really the standard for everyone. hell, the game doesn't even give you more carts for their hunts, just 3 like everything else.
saying "well I can no dmg Lunastra" only makes you "that kid" in a discussion, just like if you did the same for Shah Dalamadur or White Fatalis.
most people who played with me kept bumping into Kushala's tornadoes. the average MH player isn't a neet korean

WAAAAAUWWW
HYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Attached: Boss_Lil_Hunter.png (463x214, 10K)

well it does have a button that literally undos your mistakes at will

there's already doujins for a two week old game?

>no one has posted Capra demon

I wasn’t the only one you shitters

>run up the stairs
>dogs get funneled to die
wew lad that was tough

>Thraciafags are the Conquestfags of oldFE
And water is wet.

it's pokemon actually

Why do still people pretend fe5 is hard? You know you can't fool anyone now that the new translation is out, right?

Is this supposed to be difficult? There's 3 entrances to the castle. That means you need only 3 tanky units. That's it.

this smug edgy boi right here is my casual filter, the boss rush in kid icarus on hard is quite nuts, but the Dark Pit fight is quite complicated cuz DP can nuke you out in a flash and you have to keep an eye to your surroundings cuz the stage is so stupidly done that you can jump to a lower level to save yourself from the arrow rain and be bounced right back and die, personally i use him as to gauge if i have a chance in beating the Boss rush, the second Casual Filter is Pit's body and the third is the fucking Heart, but Dark Pit is more insane cuz it can go wrong very quickly very fucking fast if you slip out

Attached: kidicarusuprising4.jpg (400x240, 25K)

Not him but I didn't grind and Sacred Stones was still piss easy.

Any game will seem like the most difficult if you intentionally play it like a literal drooling retard.

there are 2 breakable walls so 5 entrances to the castles, the ballistas hits really fucking hard and have decent hit, see that house with homero written on it? only Nana can recruit him and she get oneshotted by them, you can try using a dancer but then the dancer is also at risk, and late in the map dark mages and wyverns will siege the castle

There's no learning in DS3 lmao
Just roll with unlimited iframes

>at intertwining story with gameplay mechanics.
Why didn't he just bring some archers with him? Was Ethlyn just retarded? Also, how do horseslayer lances work? If you kill the horse, how come their sprite still stays on the character in the map? How does being on a horse make you easier to kill with a certain lance? Why is life unfair?

Attached: Yied.jpg (1412x1038, 139K)

well what is a casual filter in your words? i'd love to hear what the wise and intelligent user has to say for this meaningful topic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

holy shit I thought you were joking
There are three entrances to the area near the throne. When recruiting homeros you can just dismount nanna and rescue her if you don't want to get hit by ballistae. The wyverns and dark mages won't reach you if you're turtling. There is zero risk and near-zero effort if you just want to beat the chapter. It only becomes complicated if you're doing some sort of challenge run and insist on getting all the useful loot and maximum exp in this chapter.

God I would kill for an FE4 remake right now

Friendly reminder that if you bought upgrades, you didn't beat Home Run Derby.

>first 100 hours of the game is a casual filter

Attached: Daniel.png (320x320, 110K)

because falling off a horse gives you a concussion and you die in the infirmary later of brain damage

>Xenoblade chronicles 2

>he doesnt know what a casual filter is
why even post on this board?

And that is exactly the logic that makes this map fuck you over
>Put tanky units on planks, severely limit your ability to actually kill things
>Deathgoyle boss and his two cronies fly in from the fog of war and murk your entire back-line
It's easy enough if you know it's coming, but on a blind run? lmao get fucked kiddo

Play /feg/got emblem, it's a fun hack that makes FE8 pretty hard. Phantom Ship is made into a fucking trainwreck meatgrinder that kills your playthrough.

>mfw

Attached: 662px-XBC2-CH05-Battlescar_Cove-01.jpg (662x372, 50K)

I think the point of a casual filter is that you DON'T already know how the optimal strategy to beat whatever you're fighting.

Based gamefaqsmancer.

these guys are a perfect example of ds3's design philosophy
parrying, backstabbing, circle strafing, timed r2s, putting any effort in: inefficient
spam r1 with a small fast weapon? that's the way

what's the proper way to deal with hell staves + poison?

Reminded me of New Horizons for some reason

Resire, earth sword, vantage + master weapons if you have 99 hit rate, boost your evasion so they have 1 hit rate, or don't engage both on the same turn.

beat him first try blind by using the fucking stairs and kiting him for plunging attacks. what was so fucking hard about this fight again?

>b-but its the final boss

Attached: Flagship_Whole.png (566x511, 96K)

There's no flashy entrance cutscene and the space between the fog door and the boss is small so it's entirely possible that you'll die before getting your bearings. Kids these days are very good at video games so even a single death is a big blow to them.

just started a new game not too long ago, doing a unarmored hand to hand character, and was a little worried about the guy cause that one thread and people mentioned that he could really fuck starting characters out by conjuring a spear and I was overleveled when I fought him last time.
But i just dodged the magic he shot at me until he ran out and got him
Hate how easy it is to dodge projectiles in morrowind.

Attached: 1564096589348.png (500x508, 306K)

you forgot the fog

>make it to the final boss
>have a kitted our ship and a hotshot crew
>no way I’ll lose to this piece of shit
>warp to his location
>the game doesn’t let me attack

Rage quit there and never looked back

>not omni torching the map t1
Casual filtered

Attached: surprise.jpg (480x360, 31K)

playing through right now, it's a gem. Out of curiosity what's the biggest party you can have in the game? I usually try to evenly level everyone I get but I legit don't think I can beat this game that way, need to start cutting the chaff

Attached: damn fine.jpg (275x183, 5K)

did this game have bad controls or did i suck?

Attached: Lagerfeld.png (509x537, 385K)

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Ghost Ship level

What's not shown: The Fog.

He's a dangerous at close range when he have magicka because he have different types of direct damage that ignore armor and his battle axe or bound spear can fuck low agility character.
>But i just dodged the magic he shot at me until he ran out and got him
>Hate how easy it is to dodge projectiles in morrowind.
That's the issue with every magic users in Morrowind, the game doesn't lead its shots well if at all, and the projectiles are extremely slow, so holding the distance for the first part of a fight is how you defeat mages, the player will gain a lot more of using magic too because opponents make a beeline for you.

Best map in the whole series hands down. I fucking love this map.

Attached: casual filter.png (1873x1383, 3.15M)

Probably the hardest map in the game but only because IS are subhumans and never fixed Fog of War in FE.

In the final chapter you can deploy 17 characters + leaf, but you get some great units later on.

yeah the weak enemy ai is probably the thing that bugs me about morrowind the most. It also sucks how a lot of enemies that fight in groups will just stay behind another enemy and sometimes not be able to hit you. Melee enemies can still put up a good for the average character as long as you aren't a lot faster than the them
I guess the devs were aware too cause a lot of the dlc enemies were pretty fucking fast like the db assassins and werewolves

Attached: 1559859640442.jpg (600x359, 34K)

>game is a cakewalk
>get to final boss
>literally everything you did prior was an irrelevant dice-rolling exercise
I like FTL very much, but this is definitely a flaw. The flagship is the only properly hard battle in the whole game. Once you get your bearings, the whole game just becomes one big mandatory cooldown.

thanks friend, this is good to know. Gonna go get my shit wrecked by some ballistae

I also thought of Golden Sun.

he's the best lord and has the best route
even lyon is a far better character in this route

literally no reason to go eirika

i'm not even good at these games but this level gave me no issue

GBA games had much better maps than nu emblem too, goddam

>complete stomp its first two phases with flak, missiles and room breachers
>flagship starts sending boarders on my ship like a pedophile gives candy to a child
>first wave nearly killed my pilot so I have to force him retreat for healing
>unable to dodge the shots, disable my shield and hit the camera room
>before I can actually do anything the boarders destroyed door controls
>get rid of the boarders
>can't take the time to repair this and send pilot back to his post
>second wave of boarders destroy medical
>boarder alert disappears
>fire starts entering the engine room
>send half of my crew on different rooms to assert the damage
>the entire ship is on fire
>I can't open doors
>I can't heal
>weapons are disabled
>my ship is almost at full health and I just lost the fucking game

explain why

>be ephraim route
>get slept
>be ephraim route 1 chapter later
>get balista'd twice
>get ghost shipped
>get crit by bolting
>sleep, purge, and berserk on the same map
no thanks

>gbababy
objectively untrue, conquest and birthright had some good maps and new mystery maps were very challenging for how old they are

I like Eirika route because of the story it gives to Joshua, if you follow Ephraim route the character is just some nobody and the only way to actually know who he is is through support.

What gaem? I like the style

dropped the game at this fight, i'm ok with being #filtered, fuck that game

It's just the first hard barrier. It's forcing you to learn how to do elemental-bursts because they're necessary for the latter half of the game. The way this game teaches you things is absolutely retarded, as you've almost certainly realised this if you got this far. Also doesn't help that every single internet tutorial is completely autistic and misses the point of a tutorial. Fighting in XB2 is like riding a bike. Once it clicks, you'll immediately wonder how you were finding it so confusing.

Attached: gyalva (2).jpg (480x360, 14K)

Just got done replaying FE5, can anybody recommend me which super robot wars I should play? I've never touched the series but I want to play more trpgs.

Attached: 1520219453333.png (199x247, 98K)

thats bullshit

this
>go eirika route
>do you remember that guy who invaded us that was supposed to be the final boss
>ephraim took take of him off screen lol

SS was easier than awakening and 3H so far

the only casual filter about this is figuring out to not let Seth stole all the fucking kills.

>birthright
you cant be serious, birthright is just awakening 2.0

okay so when the fuck DO I promote?
What's all this bases/growths stuff?

Attached: ISS_1155_02553-5.jpg (1872x2808, 495K)

>easier than awakening
impossible

Thanks to this thread I've learned just how autistic some FE players are. Jesus.

>filter
>when not only you have the option of going for Bulbasaur (which is objectively the best Kanto starter) but fucking Viridian is swarming on Pikachu

sometimes I forget how casual Yea Forums is.

This motherfucker right here, this is the OG teacher.

This is the moster that got me into the series unironically.

PROMOTE WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE, ENJOY THE FUCKING GAME, BE CASUAL, TRIAL AND ERROR, IF YOU GOT A DUDE WHO AT LVL 2 GETS LIKE +1 HP/STR/MAG//DEF AND THEN THE NEXT LEVEL ONLY GETS +1LUK RESTART THE FIGHT THATS CALLED DOING A PRO GAMER MOVE.

Is opnly a casual filter if you play on "Dante must die" difficulty and by that point who fucking cares.

for FE5 and Shadows of Valentia, promote as soon as possible, for the rest whenever you feels like it

Swimming wasn't hard just annoying.

bases: stats unit has at join time
growth: % chance of a stat going up on level up.
generally speaking you promote at 10 because of the stat boosts and because unless youre grinding you'll never get a unit to 20/20 before a game ends.

bases vs growths basically means that if a unit has a good enough stat base they're good enough to use despite having bad growths (jaffar, harken)
but if a unit has amazing growths AND you get them early they'll usually turn out better than most units at endgame (ross)
In a minmax way, the est type of units (amazing growths, but joins very late in the game so you have to baby them) are very bad. But no FE game is as deep that you need to abuse this so play how you like it

J's on the easy side but it's fully fan-translated, simple to emulate and has a decent roster (FMP, Nadesico, G Gundam, fucking Tekkaman Blade to name a few)

There's Original Generations 1&2 too if you don't mind an entire roster of OCs

Attached: 1552373055522.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>enemies prior, main game and expac, consist of melee and projectile based gunners that can be tough but are mostly alright
>these fuckers spawn in 3 waves of 3 and use a strong ass rocket launcher that has no visible shockwave upon rocket impact and a hitscan assault rifle that fires faster than the fucking minigun
at least the grenade launcher was really fun to use

Attached: UMS Space Marine.jpg (996x1016, 319K)

you promote when they're at max level, otherwise you're missing out on the stats you would have gotten from those level ups
if you get lucky enough that all of their relevant stats are capped before they hit max level then you can promote early if you want and don't care about Hector getting like 1 more RES or something, but it's always optimal to promote at 20

Unlimited Saga. be aware that the game itself is a very big casual filter

Attached: Vent-heavenearth.png (512x448, 584K)

>play a piss easy map 100 times for free
If we're talking early game, you're full of shit. You're limited on how much gold you have early on, and a full run for an early-level unit like Vanessa or all the cavaliers is about 600 gold (Iron) or 800 gold (Javelin/HandAxe/EarlyMagics) per run - not including healing staves for those early game cheeses and emergency heals for units that are face-tanking enemies so you can get your free early levels with the ranged solutions. But then you try to play a regular map and you're playing by the skin of your teeth.
>but you can just use the arena
Savescumming faggots like you don't need to apply.

Attached: 1471470668889.jpg (326x343, 41K)

sov I get but why fe5?

>when the fuck DO I promote
Depends on the game and the unit. In Three Houses you should promote as soon as you mastered your current class since higher tier jobs have better growths. In past games with the old leveling system you should promote around level 10-15 depending on how early in the game you are. I generally promote my units as soon as I start having issues with using them unpromoted (for example if their stats are starting to fall off a bit or if maps are too big and they need the extra movement)

Did they remake this map in awakening? I swear i can remember playing it.

>I'll end it thus!

Attached: maximum HOY.jpg (210x240, 20K)

some jobs in 3 houses arent worth maxing out desu so on stuff like thief you should just promote asap anyway but not on stuff like warrior or peg knight

They must've, I was just thinking the same thing.

>RESTART THE FIGHT THATS CALLED DOING A PRO GAMER MOVE.
I feel like you're making a joke but I don't get it. Would you mind explaining?

aren’t those cellular symbols?

"Outa the way kid."

Attached: dcws8nf-e9502323-6a38-43f4-a311-e1e30178ffe9.png (1207x603, 2.8M)

Yeah that's generally true, but for the most part unless you know a job isn't worth mastering you should wait to promote until it is. You should master a job before hitting the level requirement for the next job tier anyway.

they're stairs nigga

Attached: 1345177898550.jpg (294x300, 40K)

It's the easiest because enemies don't promote until 2 chapters from the end of the game, and the majority of non-boss enemies have most of their stats lower than 5. The only thing that makes it possible to use units is that it loves fog of war combined with 3x effective weapons.

the stats cap for that game is really low (20) you can promote early and still end up most of these stats maxed, even more so if you used scrolls

Found it. its pretty similar but not exactly the same i guess

Attached: 34316-1412895600.jpg (808x240, 39K)

Each unit can gain 20 levels on their base class, then 20 levels on their promoted class. If you promote before hitting level 20 unpromoted, that unit basically skips those level ups, which is technically "lost" potential stats. That means a total of 38 level ups if you wait until 20 to promote them, and less if you promote early. However promoting late is a trap because almost every unit won't be able to hit level 20/20 by the end of the game without grinding like mad or having one person solo the game (generally not possible), so it's usually best to promote early on to get the "free" promotion bonuses sooner. I generally like to wait to promote units until promoted enemies start showing up on maps as otherwise it's gimping their exp gain.

IIRC 8 was actually made easier in NA in certain aspects. The funny part is that they buffed Seth slightly when he was already horribly broken in JP.
serenesforest.net/general/localisation-changes/gameplay/

That's the one

>possible to use units
Possible to lose* units rather

Attached: Metroid_boxart.jpg (211x300, 25K)

thanks, user