Atelier games

So I need a JRPG to play and I was thinking about the atelier games, specifically starting with sophie.
Are they any good overall, any particular order to this convoluted series and how badly do they suffer from japanese incompetence on making games on PC?

Attached: AtelierSophiePC_Screenshot03.jpg (1920x1080, 1.19M)

One of you people must know something about what I want to know

Attached: 64794227_p0_.jpg (1250x1400, 203K)

If the thought of time management scares you, play Sophie, then Firis, then Shallie. Otherwise start with Rorona Plus then play them in order.

Play meruru instead

Maybe start with the first one retard.

Are the others particular savage in time management or something? Are the games standalone and they just decided to have some weird series format understandable only the the japanese mind?
Any particular reason?

Generally the Atelier series is split into groups of games.
Sophie is the start of the Mysterious series which goes Sophie->Firis->Lydie and Suelle
There is also the Arland series which is probably the most popular, it goes Rorona->Totori->Meruru->Lulua
And the Dusk series which has some really cool worldbuilding, but doesn't really do much with it unfortunately. It goes Ayesha->Escha & Logy->Shallie
I haven't played any of the PC ports so I can't speak to their quality.

marie is less of a "jrpg" so it's probably not what OP is looking for

they are generally created in series of 3 games per series, so you should ideally play them in order but it isn't the end of the world if you don't, you just won't recognise some of the characters. the time management is kinda shitty for someone new to the series, unless you use a guide but at that point you may as well just watch an lp

can't blame anyone for not wanting to play that ancient stuff that isn't that good, also this

Don't listen to that retard. Meruru is an example of everything wrong with the Atelier series. You'll be limited to task after task. Continue with your plan to play Atelier Sophie, that'll give you the best chance to learn the mechanics of Atelier games, since the later recipes require more understanding than the early and mid recipes.

Oh I see.
So the game in the subseries are largely independant but with someoverlap in returning characters and mild but unimportant references?

Attached: 1368977151364.jpg (530x468, 34K)

>tfw always liked the look of the Atelier games
>tfw like games about mixing and matching ingredients
>tfw don't like time management that locks you out of content
>tfw the ones that don't have it apparently always have flaws
I hope Ryza is good.

Attached: 1559005922243.png (1740x1014, 1.82M)

>nuGUST
It won't be. Maybe it's a good thing that EXA_PICO is dead.

>So the game in the subseries are largely independant but with someoverlap in returning characters and mild but unimportant references?
preceisely

>So I need a JRPG to play and I was thinking about the atelier games,
alright
>specifically starting with sophie.
lol

you are retarded

Thank you for your help. Anyone know if the PC version is shit or basically needs a controller because the japanese can't into PC.

Attached: 156648220455.jpg (500x511, 15K)

pc versions are fairly unoptimised on the gpu side, yes you'll need a controller

>yes you'll need a controller
Sometimes I hate the japanese

Attached: 140864730149.jpg (240x240, 11K)

You'll need a controller no matter what. It's best to play the games on a PS4, since it now has most of the nu-Atelier games.

>nu-gust
>nu-atelier
Are people still this mad over time limits?
Because they really stopped mattering to any player that isn't retarded after a few hours.