Can console users defend the concept of "generations"?

can console users defend the concept of "generations"?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

when yerrow man and bill gates comes out with the brand new bing bing wahoo

Can you make an argument against them?

the only ways to play older games is to use decades old hard (which is impractical) or to emulate (which causes seething)

?
That's not really an argument against the actual console generations itself since it predicates on people being retarded. You can keep your old games and hardware just fine.

>You can keep your old games and hardware just fine
can you though?
also I forgot to mention how old stuff runs in low rez too

I can because I don't have brain damage. I'm not sure about you. Also, high resolution output doesn't change or upscale low resolution input, dum-dum.

low resolution is a problem oringial hardware fags make for themselves

So you don't have an argument? Okay, very good.

neither do you though

A generation is when someone releases a new hardware that supports new software.

NES to SNES
PS2 to PS3
360 to Xbone

Shit like PS4 Pro and Xbone X are NOT new hardware generations and people who think this are huge faggots. They are NOT "1.5" gens, you 10 IQ mother fuckers.

With that said we are in the 9th gen with only the Switch having a two year head start.

>A generation is when someone releases a new hardware that supports new software.
that's what I'm talking about though, I just got some youtube thumbnail off google images

Can GPU/CPU manufacturers defend the concept of "generations"?

Attached: 1565957610273.jpg (944x599, 93K)

OK, so what is there to "defend"? Hardware generations are just a thing that is. Luckily it isn't some bullshit like phone manufactures having a new shitty phone every year with no improvements.

Also keeping your old hardware isn't even a problem unless youre a zoomer fuck spoiled by marketing. We even live in an era now that you can plug in your old consoles to HDMI.

I don't need one though because I haven't made a claim. You however have made a claim, and you can't support it with evidence or arguments. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

How do video card manufacturers defend it?

just because you don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean it's not there

It's like PC "generations" that were mobo and videocard dictated until the market reached equilibrium. Now there's not going to be "generations" just "iterations" all offering specs. And people will still fight bitch moan and war over them because you're tribal fucks.

Yeah, after some time stuff gets old.
So you need new stuff thats better
Look at VHS, computers, phones, tv's,cars dvd's. You hear nobody make a big deal about your VHS player not being able to play blurays right?

You're a fucking idiot.

>cars
>implying my lada is not running good

It means it's not true however or hi he's on your opinion.
I don't even know what your point is. Videogames are a technology-driven medium. Every other technology-driven industry usually has yearly updates, from phones, to automotive, to consumer electronics, etc, and even graphics cards are constantly being updated every year.
Would you like to still be playing Asteroids and other 70s shit in different coats of paint?

*Or it's just your opinion.

Console wars are corporate marketing trash that splits audiences and owning your own high tech pinball machine is not a virtue in and of itself. May the day come when you can use a universal controller schema on any game that is directly and losslessly streamed from the creator/studio cheaply with semi local drop in mod support. Yes I realize this will fuck with shit like loverslab, but its just a thought experience. Owning muh games means nothing to me.

>underrail guy makes game
>opens it through the internet
>connect and play after adding utilities on the local side like browser plugins

You're getting that now with new DRM on PC. What you're going to have soon as a digital marketplace with tons of vendor-exclusive games. If anything PC is gearing up for the ultimate platform war.

i will be interested to see if many PC only will become PC/Google Streaming Service

>Owning muh games means nothing to me.
Then fuck off and leave video games to those who want good shit. It sounds like you don't even want to play video games. You just want some kind of interactive software to kill time with.

I assume it will, but that doesn't mean the other marketplaces and platforms will vanish.

nah i play games, i just dont tie up my identity with a console on the behest of huge corporations. You sound like the Yea Forums faggots who claim that books are superior to kindles because of the smell, rather than the content of the medium. I would prefer no consoles and the ability to stream everything to centralized hardware, preferably on a pc or rokuish device which i can connect to my nice 144mhz monitor.

>We are in a new generation
>Handheld that's as powerful as consoles from two generations ago
No, that isn't how it works

Sorry sweaty, but console generations are not based on how many terryflops and peepee yous your Nintendo can do. Stay absolutely assmad that a Fisher price tablet with hardware from 1977 started 9th gen and is doing extremely well.

Again, fuck off. You fucking 144hz streaming only people are the equivalent of fans of reality TV shows.

Leave video games to those that actually like video games.

Ive been playing games since before you've been born. I bought an NES with money I got digging ditches from my dad and every console since. It means nothing, its a thrice a decade way to jew you out of 300 bucks + games. Gamefly helped but honestly, your opinions are the trash opinions of the last two generations, not the last 7. The ultimate in gaming is something like Path of Exile where you get the full game right from the company with supporter packs and content that are not P2W stash tabs notwithstanding to universal hardware like an offbrand USB controller with a 2TB MDE slot in it. Fuck Sony MS Nintendo and you

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1[1].jpg (443x455, 34K)

>Fuck Sony MS Nintendo and you
PC Gaymers rise up