There is a huge hole in the racing game market

The obsession with realism and simulation has gone too far and if someone actually came out with a car racing game that was simple a great video game with music, story, and graphics all of the highest caliber that could be played at the highest level with a normal controller it would for sure be a top seller.

Agree? y/n

Attached: T164[1].jpg (1200x800, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zpzOf4-6GoE
youtu.be/xb1w_qVOKm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

normies don't care about racing games anymore

Yes, I could see a modern Lego Racers-style game being flavor of the month at least

you don't play games at all mate.

Attached: 1565219078764.jpg (1370x2020, 606K)

it will be called GTA VI

yes but i think what we really want is just a more traditional GT than sport

>story
no

Because no game has come out to capture their attention and imagination. Car racing is perfect material for a video game. Note the difference between "video game" and "simulation".

No, I mean actual car racing. Whether using licensed cars or not is up to debate, but it has to look something like real race cars of now or the past (the past probably being more marketable).

simfags pls leave

racing games don't attract people the same way most casual games do. im not saying it wouldn't work, but itd fucking struggle to stay relevant

>favorite racing game
>favorite car

Attached: jeep.webm (720x404, 1.15M)

You'd have to design the game as an all around video game first, racing game and sim second. So that means taking lots of control away from the player to customize the experience to their liking like changing the weather or having 1000 tuning options, to instead having very specifically created settings and race scenarios to create a dramatic atmosphere and finish.

As well the game should have a clearly defined beginning and ending. It should be something you can "beat".

Too open.

racing games don't give casual players the same dopamine rush fortnite/cod/whatever gives. people want instant gratification.

I've been trying to finish going for 100% on Horizon Chase Turbo. Best racing game I've played in years. Pure arcade fun with one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. I highly recommend it if you prefer arcadey over realistic. Hairpin turns at 170 mph with that amazing soundtrack is pure gaming bliss.

But I'm an 80s-90s SEGA arcade racing boomer so ignore me if you don't like that genre.

Oh but they could, and that's what I'm talking about in the OP. There's an opportunity that is not being taken advantage of. Any young man wants to experience the thrill of role-playing as a race car driver, but few would ever sink the hours into needed into the sim racers to do it.

AND

I would argue that no sim racer actually provides a good role playing experience from an emotional perspective. They are all obsessed with the technical side of things and even with complete mastery they never feel fast. They never get your adrenaline going.

Horizon Chase Turbo is a fun game but so much more could be done on a AAA budget.

forza horizon is going to be the closest thing to "race car driver rp." the game is barely a sim when you compare it to assetto corsa, it just has a bit of learning curve

The thing is the story is shitty and it is still far too simulation based. And it's open world: which by itself means the game will lack direction and emotion. It also looks soulless.

It better have Group B hoards of spectators with death wishes
youtu.be/zpzOf4-6GoE

Attached: 1b8a7ed868a894dad6ba21c4607b0f67.jpg (800x494, 69K)

So a new non open world Burnout game?

Burnout Paradise 'killed' that niche the same way FreeSpace 2 'killed' space Sims. There just hasn't been a game good enough to compare.

How about videogame adaptation of this cartoon:

youtu.be/xb1w_qVOKm0

Tracks like an active volcano, giant vines, constantly changing maze or a plains where you get struck by a lighting if you go too fast.

The cars have unique abilities, like a jump, hyper speed, grappling hooks or something more fancy like ability to stick to walls or improved manoeuvrability.

?

Attached: rimbacars.jpg (500x500, 64K)

what you want is the old most wanted

*riders on the storm starts playing in the background*

so nfs? people stopped caring after underground 2

Plenty of racing games with simplified physics and good music came out. The racing game genre simply fell off from popularity.

It was only ever really popular in the early 00s, mostly due to the exploding popularity of fast and furious. When that trend died down normies stopped caring about racing games.

And track racing games have pretty much never been popular.

Not comparable. Burnout Paradise sold pretty damn well. Freespace 2 sold a pathetic 30 thousand copies.
If you're thinking about making a space game and see that the best reviewed game that's lauded as a masterpiece only sold 30k you're probably going to reconsider.

is there a modern fun arcadey drift game?

I just want to drift and listen to fun eurobeat or whatever.

honestly it doesnt have to look realistic at all racing games should experiment more

fuck realism, bring back the arcade games.
Bring back Hot Wheels.

blur was pretty fun desu