It's 2019. Do we still hate this game?

It's 2019. Do we still hate this game?

Attached: final-fantasy-viii-ps1-cover-front-30863-1488659320.jpg (480x480, 49K)

Only brainlets ever hated FFVIII.

This.
hopefully the remaster will open people's eyes

it's not great but it's miles above FF9.

It could actually happen because there's a whole generation who has heard nothing but bad things about it and will approach it with the lowest possible expectations, and be gladly surprised.

it's one of the worst FF games next to 2, and 15.

LOL what a nutsack

Attached: 1565532528464.gif (1260x1179, 464K)

This game is fun because the mechanics are so bad and abusable. I recently played the previous steam version, and I did the low level, collect all cards, lion heart disc 1 run. It was extremely fun.

It’s also crazy that you can turn off encounters as a game design.

>it's one of the worst
see, like the hyperbolic bullshit this faggot is spouting right here

sure, buddy

it has one of the worst casts and in the series

i dont hate video games, but i sure dont like 8. i thought the story was atrocious. the draw system, gf and card game were fun though, and the graphics were superb for the time

This

you gonna delete this one too?
want help to redact the next one?

one of the best worlds in the series

draw/junction mechanic is broke as fuck there's nothing as far as game balance goes. the story is retarded "lol gfs made us forget", it has one of the most insufferably retarded casts ever in the series.

>I'm a hardcore FF8 fan, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

>This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

>I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.

Attached: CharVIII_Selphie.jpg (928x914, 412K)

I never hated it. I've loved the game since it came out.
It has its problems, but I'll defend what it does well until I die.

based selphie-poster

and one of the best soundtracks

>selphie and not quistis
would not killmyself for that skank, give me my teacherfu

Game world kind of sucks and system is too easy to beat
Everything else is great, inb4 autistic wannabe normalfags try and tell me Squall is a cardboard cutout or Rinoa ruins everything, VIII is pretty much everything X tried to be without getting bloated by voiced dialogue

The only strong points FF8 has is the monster design and the soundtrack, literally everything else about it is shit and if you defend it you have brain damage.

It's really flawed in several ways mechanically. The writing is terrible. And what good characters there are get sidelined to focus on godawful Rinoa. If it didn't have a relatively good soundtrack, no one would remember this fondly.

>Game world kind of sucks
What?
>system is too easy to beat
That's not a bad thing though. It's easy to make it as easy or hard as you want.

The last good Final Fantasy.

Are Fujin and Rajin finally playable? No? Then I still hate it.

Attached: fec237a02bb6a622b0ac020f4a250c31.jpg (480x640, 173K)

i can understand people who love ff8, its fine, people can like different things, im ok with that. but can we just all agree that certain things in ff8 are absolute dogshit?
>we grew up together but lol we all forgot
>monsters massing up enough on the moon to form a "drop"(while not getting crushed under the weight of a billion monsters on top) then the drop falls to the planet(monsters dont burn up on reentry, or die upon impact on the planet)
>everything about ultimacia
>irvines character not taking the shot
>splitting the story between squall and laguna (when laguna was a million times better
>gunsword
>having to buy fuel for car in a final fantasy game

>2 is bad
2 is great and laid the foundation for a series better than most FF games

Unironically better than FF7

Attached: eac319bf260938dde6fd78a4c7133e06.jpg (500x700, 67K)

SaGa is trash

>>we grew up together but lol we all forgot
>>having to buy fuel for car in a final fantasy game

Fair, though the problem with the first one is more execution than anything.

>>monsters massing up enough on the moon to form a "drop"(while not getting crushed under the weight of a billion monsters on top) then the drop falls to the planet(monsters dont burn up on reentry, or die upon impact on the planet)
>gunsword

It's magic, I don't have to explain shit

>irvines character not taking the shot

He didn't want to shoot his mother figure.

>splitting the story between squall and laguna (when laguna was a million times better

You only like Laguna better because he had less screentime so you fill in the blanks with fanwank

>everything about ultimacia

Explain

It's time to come home.

Attached: balamb.png (1000x1502, 1.41M)

>he didnt want to shoot his mother figure
i havent played 8 since it was originally released, but didnt he have the same amnesia as the others?

Favorite FF from childhood so looking forward to the remaster. If anything, gives me an excuse to replay it.

Squall is best boy

I just tried playing it this year and it was one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Not even the soundtrack is good, you faggots were straight up lying about that. There’s one decent track and it’s not even as good as other FF tracks.

No. He was the only that didn't because they don't use GFs at Galbadia Garden.

I always wanted to look like Squall but I'm a balding sack of shit

I hated the draw and junction systems. But the rest was fine.

That’s one of the best parts of 8, the graphics, art, and sound. It’s kind of like playing a silent movie without all the voice acting. I am pleased to see the HD version really ups the character models, it will look incredible now.

>that one dungeon to get that gf, where the turns were all fucky and it was the only dungeon set up like that in the entire game
8 year old me hated that

I love this meme. I was hoping it would get referenced in the release trailer, like the trailer ends with Selphie smiling and holding her hand out to the player in a dissolve over balamb garden, and the words “come back to balamb garden” ending it.

It’s beeb a couple years since my replay, it annoys me that Irvine had all his memories and didn’t say anything.

Otherwise, I’d chalk up him not wanting to shoot Edea because he had latent memories of her being mom. The same thing happened to Quistis, who confused her older sister feelings to squall as romantic.

At least you got to play the game. I only had the demo on pc back before it came out and it was one of the most beautiful games I’d ever seen. I was blown away by the garden, getting to walk all over, the dance, and then getting hella confused with the training center and the GF being the only way to kill anything.

Anyway, that dungeon for the Minotaur brothers sucks. Here you go, each screen looks exactly the same for this straightforward dungeon, try to not get confused! Yeah, I hated that too.

>It’s beeb a couple years since my replay, it annoys me that Irvine had all his memories and didn’t say anything.

When you get on the train to Deling City he tries to get Selphie to remember him, even saying that they are destined to be together.

>In Greek mythology, the Labyrinth (Ancient Greek: Λαβύρινθος labúrinthos) was an elaborate, confusing structure designed and built by the legendary artificer Daedalus for King Minos of Crete at Knossos. Its function was to hold the Minotaur, the monster eventually killed by the hero Theseus.

It's my favorite Final Fantasy. I wish there was more to the remaster like an updated OST or the rumored voice acting but ima buy it on Switch no matter what

Attached: 1559154434603.jpg (1200x899, 112K)

I’ll have to watch that scene again carefully in the next play. I always forget about Irvine being a part of the group.

As for the Minotaur maze, I am aware. It still doesn’t make that dungeon any less annoying

Not him, but it has one of the worst casts in the series BY FAR aside from Laguna.

I’m playing through ffx right now and really like it, is viii a big difference from x gameplay wise?

Yes, like night and day.

Just turn right at every intersection. You'll go around the outside of the maze and hit all the important parts in the right order.

how so?

>memory only relevant for one segment that lasts 1 hour
>the games about memory loss
Huh?

Everything in X is walking from point A to point B

VIII gives you a general idea of where to go and the entire world is open up to you pretty early on in the game

the leveling system is completely different and you won't get a grasp on it till you play VIII.

Seriously, they're not even remotely the same other than name and genre

My old man walked in while I was playing the demo and saw the spiderbot. Purchased the game for me at some random gamestop in the future.

People who hate Zell are also Snow haters, and both types of people are onions faggots

I like Zell and hate snow. Also lightning and all of XIii

cringe

Agreed its one of the best RPG's of its time, (though there was a lot of RPG's in that era I won't deny that) FFVIII getting such a piss poor rap honestly makes no sense, beautiful graphics (for its time), soundtrack, gameplay (junction system aside) and I enjoyed the cast regardless of the messy plot. Which if you think VIII's plot is enough validation to shit on it.. then you might as well shit on half of the entire series at this stage, a lot of them are pretty run-of-the-mill story wise.

I played it last year and 100%ed it. It was fucking shit kill yourselves

I like it, but I can't finish it

Quistis is a delicious waifu, post some of her new her

I'm a little embarrassed how nostalgic this rerelease is making me.

The ballroom scene, the underground Jurassic Park, The cheesy concert, I AM A KNIGHT, and overall great music.