Create new genre

>create new genre
>people start to panic
People are always afraid of new stuff, just wait for the game to come out

Attached: 17296367-74A8-4185-8A16-A691970FB4B5.jpg (750x906, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yr4RvdREwl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More like walking simulator genre

> Make an open-world survival game
> Call it a new genre
How much farther can Kojima penetrate his own ass?

easy 99-100 metacritic

Making up dumb genres for their games has been a Japanese thing for a while

Itll be pretentious trash like his other games.

strand genre? What does that even mean?

All these people that paid $200 for the Bridge Baby will be depressed when they see how small it is. Meanwhile, Japan gets a living baby.

Attached: US Version.jpg (800x450, 78K)

But what does "strand game" even mean?
When Norman Reedus delivered a package to Dorito Pope it created new "strands". Is that just opening up the map? Or unlocking more quests? Death Stranding is far from the first game to do that sort of thing.

Nothing says a new genre like forced declarations by the supposed creator.

Kojima is a genius youtu.be/yr4RvdREwl8

Attached: hideokojimaahem.jpg (945x556, 93K)

they are called movie games kojombo

>everyone is going to use "strand-like" just as they use "souls-like" now
Quite the boast, Kojima. So far this looks more like a "Spore-like" to me.

so interactive movies?

Attached: 12512333-B7E5-4928-93A6-451D60BD0516.jpg (828x399, 39K)

I'm pretty sure the actual quote references how he referred to MGS as Tactical Espionage Action before the industry really had "Stealth Action" as a genre, and similarly he's referring to it as a "Strand Game"

>make movie for 500 million dollars
>watch it on youtube
>miss nothing
>kojima gets zero dollars

OH NO NO NO

Attached: spycicle.png (616x336, 417K)

until he perforates his intestines.

>not just a wojak, but a screencap of a wojak
You are a massive faggot.

Kojima loves theatrics in the process of releasing media so you basically have to assume that anything he says is for fun. Will we get Strand games? Maybe. It's far more likely that he's just producing some hype.

He's so fucking full of himself it fucking hurts. I can understand why Konami fired him.

In order for your game to create a genre, it'd need to set itself apart from other styles of games.

What exactly has Death Stranding done from what we've seen that makes it unique?

STRANDING

How was Konami in the wrong for getting rid of this guy again?

>forcing a genre
DOA

Had it's head up it's own ass since initial development?

I think the "strands" (as in the multiplayer aspect of DS) are things like how peeing spawns mushrooms. I think there's gonna be other aspects like that in the game, with maybe them happening in secret ways

Pretty based

I love kojima, I have no doubts the game will be good but this whole new genre bullshit reminds me of when he tried to coin the term Transfarring to cross-saves, like if he had come up with a brand new thing nobody had thought of before.

So if you piss in your world it spawns mushrooms in the worlds of other players? That could be interesting I guess but none of the footage/information has implied anything like that.

If I wanted to watch a movie then I'd go to the fucking theaters not buy an overpriced DVD player and an overprice movie!

Attached: f2vdh.jpg (620x600, 21K)

He literally said it on stage

I bet this mofo masturbates himself to sleep every night.

Attached: 1566176871428.jpg (343x400, 42K)

souls-like is a genre now, so good luck i guess

fucking clown world

>Create a new genre
Nigga Kojimbo took credit for "creating" the stealth genre but the first stealth game came out a decade before Metal Gear. Guys head is so far up his own ass.

So basically the same shit that Souls did with messages but actually gameplay related? It sounds interesting sure but it's not a new fucking genre. I mean souls got it's own genre but it wasn't because of shit like this, at least i hope so.

His wife and kid notoriously hate him, so I wouldn't down on the rare occasion he fucks his wife he's doing a Patrick Bateman

Attached: 7FC30819-82F9-4D68-8E5C-544C50FE4341_400x400.jpg (400x400, 18K)

I'm tempted to compare Kojima to Molyneaux, but that would be insulting to Molyneaux, who actually has some creativity and vision.

I think it's a pretentious way to say there's a connection between the game and the player, a strand if you will (wouldn't be surprised if that was the big reveal at the end). Like slowly rocking the controller to make the baby sleep. I think Kojimbo thinks he's reached a new level of immersion.

Who knows how far the game goes with it? It's not out yet.

Kojima really fucking wants to create a trend even though trends weren't originally made for the purpose of being a trend.

Really, how do you know they hate him?

With how he desperately sucks up to Hollywood, I'd hate him too if he was my dad.

based and truthpilled

Attached: 1561965746615.jpg (1200x842, 214K)

He wants to be worshipped and elevate games to film level so he can be the director he always wanted to be. What a joke.

"Cinematic experiences" are not a new genre.

The fact that Kojima can't pin down the gameplay of this game, but can then go into a prolonged explanation about the urination mechanics, solidifies that this cunt is a total hack who is going to miss the forest for the trees on this one. It's no wonder he's such friends with Refn - they both desperately need a producer telling them when to fuck off.

>strand games

no wonder konami kicked his ass out. i was on the bridge, but I'm finally jumping. He's out of his goddamn mind.

>not adventure
>not walking simulator
>not even an action game
>"nah we're making a new genre, strand"
Fuck, Kojima, I wanted to blame your shit company but it turns out you were really a fucking hack in the end.
Genre's are supposed to be broad for a reason, not so you can continue to be ambiguous like a fucking child, you money rolling cunt.

Attached: 1562033686764.gif (317x237, 1.06M)

>TheGrateDebate
YAAAAASSSSSSS QWEEEEEEEEEN

Attached: Void.png (527x469, 215K)

Well, how far can it go technically? What else could there be besides maybe entering other people's world through the strands and help them and vice versa? That's the only other thing that comes to my mind.

Seething Konami shill, the truth is out there, you cant stop it

Yeah, the truth is out there, it starts with "40%"

Attached: The typical Kojima dicksucker.png (617x696, 57K)

Reminder that Phil was always right about Kojima and mentally ill kojima dickriders tried to ruin his life over it

Attached: 9CB413AE-FE47-4B91-A613-2FAAFD0D7E03.jpg (434x298, 17K)

If we're being honest with ourselves, more people had an issue with konami forcing denuvo and pachinko machines then them firing kojimbles.

Attached: 21736981723961.gif (500x565, 581K)

its too late Konami shill, but you tried your best

Death Stranding isn't a walking simulator
It's a pissing simulator

im startin to side with konami now, after this.

The only noteworthy thing I can pin down on Death Stranding is the overabundance of celebrity characters and cameos of people Kojima knows.

Just like people started referring to games as Souls-like, Soulsborne, the "Dark Souls of X" Kojima is just trying to make his title be inserted and used as a genre in the same way.

based falseflag thread

Attached: falseflag king.png (706x674, 79K)

god, how fucking pretentious can this guy get with the press? miyazaki created a new genre (kind of) and he didn't cater to the press and he also isn't a gigantic narcissist. i like kojima's games but he's way too fucking full of himself and few people realize. no clue if its due to the language barrier or ignorance.

Panic?
More like
>Create game that already fits into a genre.
>Jacks off his own ego by calling it a new genre.
We have had video games for over 40 years now. I can guarantee you he did not create a new genre.

Clickbait is always panicking.

Nobody has to shill for Konami cultists. The fact that Kojima had to suck off Sony and all he could get was a faggot from The Walking Dead and some danish fag who once tried and failed horribly to dethrone Anthony Hopkins tells you all you need to know.

HERE
I REALIZE

Keep seething Konami shill, its all you can do now

>get DS a week after launch
>boot it up
>watch intro cutscene that doesn't explain shit about anything
>after tutorial get thrown into the world
>entire map is filled with pee mushrooms
>turns out they damage you when touching
>have to navigate through the player-made mushroom apocalypse while delivering mail and fighting off homoludens
Fucking genius, this really is a new genre.

Attached: 1527106021767.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Good slave, suck your cult leaders dick. Just wait till DS ends up exactly like TPP where the only story bits in the game are the ones that were already in trailers.

I would love for DS to turn out like MGSV, actual game instead of a movie.

give me a summary

Except this time you just walk around and do nothing 90% of the time.

most MAMA MILKIES

It's made by this person. That's all you need to know.

Attached: WQKmiYx.jpg (722x426, 76K)

no summary for you, watch it or leave it

Attached: Hideo-Kojima-Pilot-Episodes-Next-Gen-Development.jpg (400x427, 20K)

now imagine the cum shrooms

Out of all the shitty kojima conspiracy theories out there this one seems legit to me.

strand game is walking sim + watching a movie sim

Because its backed up by facts and evidence from Konami employees themselves, its bulletproof. Konami shills are trying to stomp it, but with no success.

Attached: hayakawa.jpg (400x300, 20K)

Don't forget the ctf with retarded bots

Attached: Cumshrooms.jpg (1125x776, 65K)

thats like giving yourself a nickname. thats not how it works you fucking cunt. this game cannot bomb hard enough.

ON THE EDGE

>We will pursue mobile games aggressively. Our main platform will be mobiles. Following the pay-as-you-play model of games like Power pro and Winning Eleven with additional content, our games must move from selling things like 'items' to selling things like 'features
And if you dont like that we will go full 1984 on your ass

Attached: hideki-hayakawa-konami-ceo.jpg (500x281, 34K)

>create walking simulator
>call it a "strand game"
lol what the fuck is he smoking

Attached: 8372173.png (1120x977, 136K)

walking sims don't have dynamic ladders
checkmate

>because being a woman is the worst thing that can happen
only if you were a man first

I can't wait till Kojimas masterpiece. Just look how good the last game he was involved in that wasn't MGS!

Attached: 91HCSZULkIL._SY500_.jpg (354x500, 45K)

I think Kojima just wants to make a game (movie) like RedDead or TLOU but with 2deep4u bullshit instead, and I will enjoy watching it on Youtube.

Attached: 389730.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

until his shit covered dick slithers out of his mouth

i'm still mad

fagoboros

>Guillermo Del Taco involved
So this is going to be just as shit as his butchering of Hellboy or his gay ass wannabe EVA?

Attached: 800px-Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn_1974crop.jpg (800x1003, 150K)

That's not for him to chose. If it's truly unique people will recognize it as such. Labeling it before it's out just sounds pretentious as fuck.

He doesn’t