One Punch Man game

youtube.com/watch?v=FTNgd4ji-wg
>One Punch Man game
>gameplay revolves around trying to survive Shao Khan-tier bullshit boss fights long enough until Saitama shows up
>standard 3 v 3 multiplayer mode where Saitama isn't even playable
They could have done it a million ways, but instead the nips of course HAD to make it a fighting game since all anime spin offs are.

Attached: 1545120509048.jpg (1214x933, 480K)

Literally the best way you could achieve that. Any game in which Saitama isn't immortal and one punching everything is incorrect by definition.

they didn't get the point at all

Fighting games are the best kind of games for anime (and in general imo)

>All of Atomic Samurai's slow ass slashes
The fuck. The best would have ben just to animate the hand swing and let the sword be invisible to show how fast it is.

It's just so overdone for licensed anime games. They're either all VNs, musuos, or fighting games.

There's little else that can be done with (mainstream) anime like shonen shit or slice of life stories

Saitama isn't always needed though.
The S class themselves have been beating dragons in the current manga arc(at least the non jobber ones)

Attached: Flashy_Slash (1).png (1600x1150, 2.28M)

I'm really tired of these jap arena fighters.

>3v3
This is what surprised me the most.

NO ZOMBIEMAN NO BUY

i suspect it's 3v3 just to facilitate the Saitama mechanic.

>mumen rider in the trailer
fucking sold

>no king

literally what would king do, his entire gimmick is that he was just nearby and got credit for saitama's victories

Kill yourself shonenshitter

Wait, so it's not actually an arena fighter? The perspective is mainly 2D and only switches to 3D for certain things?

Musou would have made for a better cash grab since it'd mean Saitama would be playable and it could still present a challenge. or something of a task simulator.
It depends on the anime, Kill La Kill makes perfect sense as an arena fighter and JoJo likewise a 2D fighter, since the main appeal is the battle and action, but One Punch Man was more about Saitama's life, trying to find a fight, and dealing with needless ridicule whist living like a normal man.

hoping it will be like pokken tournament

I'll take them over musou any day

The gimmick is pretty funny. Not enough shown to tell whether it'll be actually any good or not, but I'm interested.

When he swings, there's a ton of slashes.

>Survive until Saitama arrives
This is absolute proof Bandai Namco browses Yea Forums, right? This idea has been brought up in every single OPM since the first season of the anime premiered

You can see them sidestep sometimes, so it's probably something like Tekken

King is banned from tournament play

I'm sure we are not the only ones who had that idea.

It looks pretty good. A lot better than what I expected after the My Hero Academy game and Jump Force.

Yeah, that was my thought when I first heard about it. I think the mechanic would have been better suited to more of an action game type boss rush instead of a 3 vs 3 fighting game, though.

How do you lose as One Punch Man? How do you not defeat your opponents in just 1 hit?

Did you watch the video? If you pick Saitama you only get 2 fighters instead of 3, and you have to hold out for two minutes until Saitama arrives and instantly defeats the opponent. You lose if you're defeated before then.

I want to marry and impregnate Tatsumaki!

Fighting games are the easiest way to feature as many playable characters as possible. The characters are the only reason why people would buy a OPM game, it's not like anybody really cares about the game play.

I fucking hate fighting games - they're incredibly lazy and low effort, but at least this one has originality.

You first tranny.

>you have to wait and survive for saitama to arrive.
they stole Yea Forums idea.

This. The MHA game looked shitty from the get go, but people still bought it because they loved the show and wanted to play as their favorite characters

because when it's a licensed anime game, people want to be able to play as every characters. these genres are the ones that appeal to that demand.

No character will ever make me play a shitty game. I skipped out on a lot of anime games from Namco Bandai precisely because most look like complete ass.

I might buy One Punch Man though, it looks better than expected.

I would like to say hello to the new EVO game.

Attached: One-Punch-Man-A-Hero-Nobody-Knows-screenshot-009.jpg (1920x1080, 381K)

well if smash can qualify so can this.

>get your ass kicked while waiting for the MC to show up
Sounds more like a DBZ game where Goku isn’t playable LOL

>Arena Fighter
>EVO main stage
KLK IF got a side tourney and only because it's new and has more traditional fighting game-style mechanics than most arena fighters. If Pokken couldn't pull it off when it's just a regular fighting game that's only an arena fighter in neutral, then this won't.

Metal CHAD mains where we @

Attached: 83BC616D-BA53-4CD1-A62C-491D6502E9C8.png (400x561, 98K)

The Chaddest team possible:
>Metal Bat
>King
>Mumen Rider

Attached: 1555197879973.png (722x317, 206K)

How would you do it then, faggot? Challenge: yes, it has to be some sort of fighting game.

>yfw mumen Rider is a top tier because his weekly quotas keep him at peak human performance

wheres the DLC where instead of Saitama its Mob

I would let her suck me if you know what I mean

>protagonist is banned

Attached: 1566038290605.jpg (250x230, 7K)

The idea isn't as original or unique as you think considering at least 5 people would parrot it in every hypothetical thread before this.

>canonically and mechanically overpowered and unbeatable character can't be played in real matches

Attached: Detroit_Become_Connor.jpg (960x871, 72K)

>or slice of life stories
Now I want a K-On musou.

Attached: 1559390688438.png (547x412, 10K)

Kek

They'll probably be an option or mode where he's playable normally. As much as autists would screech about Saitama being able to be hurt not being accurate, even more people would flip their shit if he was purely regulated to a gimmick.

How the fuck would playing King even work?

The actual story is about him always arriving late and solving every problem in one hit.

Reminder that they were still alive after that

make fighting game where one punch man one shots everything, tournies would ban him and friends wouldnt let you play him

This makes me wonder what happens if both sides pick saitama. Is it a touch of death fight when both saitamas are out? Will both sides need to actually play him well?

good fucking GOD I NEED TO FUCK THE SHORTY

Attached: b3bd3be0faa796f546ccd8766e8e1406.png (1280x1500, 615K)

What if the opponent has saitaman as well? Goes by HP at that point? I like the idea, it means you are using 3 fighters to kill as fast as possible, having the extra assist had better open up a shit ton of options

Strictly counter character. He'll duck or dodge and some background thing will happen or another hero will appear to mess up the opponent.

I don't think he would be selectable on versus, just on story fights

They said that by doing combos and "fighting well" the countdown is decreased so I don't think it will be possible for both team's Saitama to arrive at the exact same time unless both players just turtle the entire match.

Well thats boring. I guess its a 3v3 arena fighter tho.

make him the super high risk high reward character. He gets BTFO in like 1-3 hits but his ability to reduce the saitama timer is by far and away the best.

why did they make the sassy child a sexy child too?

Attached: a8ed02cc0d1ad6a2a38fd5e3c4436d10.jpg (2037x3056, 1.13M)

He should be tournament banned. Though you're implying there would also be tournaments for the game.
Friends saying you couldn't play him would be less likely than both of you playing him and racing to get him activated first by outplaying your opponent since his timer drops when you damage the opponent with combos.

he's in

Attached: chad.jpg (441x686, 180K)

I hope they dont consider being caught in a block string "fighting well". Being able to take 1 from 120 could end up being a big deal unless its capped

they could make it so when you select saitama you have the option to give up another slot for king and get a reduction to the saitama timer

It's an arena fighter. Unless its extremely busted even by the genre standards, I doubt there's going to be anything like infinite blockstrings.

Not with 120 seconds, unless you really mean king is nothing but -time for his slot. You are really frontloading your 3rd then.

Arena brawlers are not fighting games

I had more meant guarding mixups crossovers is good fighting but i hope guarding doesnt reduce any time

The better answer would be for King swapping in instantly causing both him and the opponent to flee.

Doesn't look like an arena fighter to me.

kek would be busted as fuck

I Know it's part of the manga but why these fuckers couldn't make alternative story's like the rest of arena fighters?

That's all the fucking appeal

>there will never be a OPM game where you create your own hero and work your way up the ranks and fight various villains and heroes from the series, training and leveling your character to get new equipment and learn new techniques and based on what skills you focus on

Attached: Sad dog 2.jpg (683x683, 68K)

Xenoverse is shit and you should be disappointed that you want a game like that.

Why do anime fans want a half-assed create a character mode in every anime game? Do people want to play as their OCs that much? It sucked in Xenoverse, it sucked in Naruto, and it sucked in Jump Force.

Attached: 1565866600693.jpg (2048x2048, 493K)

Game only goes up to Boros so no he's not

Every time a game pull something like that it's shit.
People don't want to be Batman's new sidekick, they want to be Batman.
People don't want to be Vegeta's disposable soldier n°445422, they want to be Vegeta.

>wahhhh they didn't implement the single most overpowered character in the history of literally anything into a fighting game because that would be retarded wahhhhhh

There are alternative stories Saitama isn't involved in in the actual manga and even the webcomic so I don't know

Good ideas are often shared by many people.

The reason OCs "work" is because of infinite creativity, you have a very finite number of iterations, which by necessity include the familiar and popular, when using a video game.
Supers games, and by extension anime superpower games, are the realm of /tg/, not Yea Forums.

Gotta save something for the sequel.

Xenoverse is shit cause the combat is shit. I want a game with actual good combat. I guess for all the times it's been done it barely ever gets done well.

Because unlike Xenoverse it would actually fit with the world the comics has built.

Attached: 1565891050260.jpg (3035x4299, 2.8M)

But they have tatsumaki and atomic samurai... Those two can easily kill Tiger level monsters that appear in the first few episodes

I want to fuck that sassy child (woman)

The DBZ esque first monster is canonically Dragon and was demanding a multiple S hero response.

She's 28, she's a midget.

She’s Saitama’s

Saitama doesn't fuck

>can't copyright the exact shit i've been pitching in every "make an OPM game" thread

only difference was mine was a 3rd person, build-your-hero/villain action game, where you either beat the OP villain / hero within the time limit and get rewarded handsomely, or last long enough for Saitama / an MA Cadre to come in, and finish them off for you.

secret OP boss would had been Saitama or Garou, depending on your route

special secret boss would had been Mob

I'm maining mumen rider

I don't know why you niggas think you're special for "coming up" with this idea when it's been pitched in slightly different ways by 500 people every single time a "what would a OPM game be like?" thread pops up. You're not clever bro.

If everyone in a Yea Forums opm thread brings up saitama being late and oneshotting the enemies, you can bet your ass enough browse normalfag sites and say that idea over there.

This.
To be fair, Xenoverse was a pretty trash realization of doing it, only being fan wank instead os using the setting for anything unique at all, but even the "perfect" shounen insert-an-OC game won't be much better than those.

Fun for maybe an hour until your character concept goes out the window to clear the tedium as quickly as possible.

BorosxMumenxTatsumaki dream team master race here

>OPM game
>resource management based, play as Saitama taking down monsters for meager academy stipends and try to keep enough cash for outfit/home repairs and basic necessities
basically The Long Dark but you punch shit instead of running from wolves

I would have preferred Saitama doing innate shit with exaggerated powers. Like hitting all the markets up for their time sales. That would be a lot more work than this fighter though and after season 2 was shit it probably lost a lot of steam.

>not a game where saitama must get the groceries for the week

t. hasn't read the webcomic

Saitama gets summoned the moment before he gets hit from anything.

These character animations are stiff and clunky as fuck.

>OPM's action scenes are extremely over-the-top, large sweeping attacks, massive beams and a lot of movement
>game has the same weak ass combat as any other anime fighting game
What a fucking waste. Copying Dissidia would've been more fitting than this shit.

Just like season 2 lmao

No one brought up Powerman though?

Wasn't that just a beefy parody of the villain from anpanman