In the past few days:

In the past few days:
>Anthem lead producer jumps ship
>Dragon Age 4 lead producer jumps ship
>Bioware Creative director jumps ship
>Writer leaves after 17 years
>Lead animator leaves also after 17 years
Is Bioware dying?

Attached: HvlZaT43_400x400.png (400x400, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8VqsBwcUTN0
metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-2
metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/mass-effect-2
metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-2
metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dragon-age-origins
metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dragon-age-origins
metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-origins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect#Sales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bioware has been dead for a long time kiddo.

BioWare died while making Dragon Age 2. You're blind if you didn't see it.

Attached: S01E04lopezinarmor33min28sec.jpg (1090x1081, 194K)

I mean officially being close to getting shut down by EA, not just "haha they're dead cause they make bad games now".

BioWare will be shutting down with DA4 unless a financial miracle happens, honestly, they should do it long ago to avoid shiting all over its legacy

That's what we mean, too. Their grave was dug then, as is the fate of all EA purchases. Except DICE, because they make engines

EA was a mistake my cousin got out of Bioware while he could.

>Their grave was dug then,
12 years ago is not "close" to death by any means. Stop playing dumb.

>Baldurs gate is Larian's hands
>Mass Effect Is reduced to ash with andromeda
>Jade Empire is long forgotten
>Dragon age has been struggling for a long time but 4 is going to be the end of the line since its build on the foundation of:
>Anthem the new IP fails like nothing before it
It's over kido, find a new favorite studio

>people with terminal illnesses cant struggle to live for a decade

Attached: fuck_you.jpg (405x628, 73K)

12 years is a long time whether you like it or not and a company isn't comparable to human life. An average company's lifespan is 20 years after all.

Nobody was saying Bioware was dead when ME 1 and 2 came out because Yea Forums was too busy having those games' dicks in their mouth. It's only 2011 when things went south.

it would bring me great pleasure if they cockblocked dragon age fans by going under before releasing da4

It's EA involvement when thing went south

Honestly, with the news about DA4 I would prefer it never got released by those people
And DA:O is my favorite game while I even liked Inqusition

BioWare died when the founders fucked off right after TORtanic

>Yea Forums was too busy having those games' dicks in their mouth

ME2 was more controversial than ME1, and initially there were numerous complaints against ME2 from the combat to the story, then ME3 hit and ME2 went under even more scrutiny.

And PopCap because they make Mobile games

The only reason they lasted this long is because people caught onto the EA business model. They were likely given more chances than most so EA would not appear to be cannibalizing yet another studio.

I distinctly remember ME2 having large praise even if it wasn't perfect. It had prevalence on the catalog nearly as much as Dark Souls did the following year.

In fact the whole reason why ME3 was such a colossal shitstorm on Yea Forums for ages to come is BECAUSE the series had a large following here and there was tons of anticipation for it. So even if ME2 wasn't as liked board-wide, it was by no means something that made Yea Forums say that Bioware was dead.

What nonsense is this? By this logic they wouldn't have shut down Visceral Games less than 2 years ago when EA was already known worldwide as a studio destroyer and had already won 2 worst company in america awards. What proof do you have of your claims?

EA is the company that gives the least amount of shits possible about its online detractors, because most of their money is gotten from europeans who keep religiously buying FIFA every goddamn year no matter how many babies Andrew Wilson eats on a livestream. IIRC Fifa Ultimate Team is their biggest moneymaker ever and was their new standard of profit for everything.

as if us doesn't do the same with maden

>EA was already known worldwide as a studio destroyer and had already won 2 worst company in america awards
hell by ME1 they'd already killed three big studios with genre-defining games under their belt
only fuckin zoomers think EA hasn't always been obviously scummy

It had large praise post launch pre ME3. When it first launched everyone shat on it here, then with time we accepted that though it was a much more casualized experience in terms of game mechanics, the characters and interactions made up for that somewhat, to the point it was passable. Then ME3 hit and ripped those old wounds back open as points to connect the building shittiness in all fields. Still, ME2 can't hold a candle to how bad ME3 was. And Andromeda was bad in an entirely different, bizarre way itself.

They do but their earnings with Madden are much smaller.

Attached: rev-ea.png (518x460, 36K)

if i could gas these sports game fags i would

>When it first launched everyone shat on it here
I really don't remember that. Hell the whole reason I recommended it to my friend was because Yea Forums couldn't stop sucking its dick. this was back when I still trusted Yea Forums's opinion on things

I'm glad that Larian is making new Baldurs Gate

Don't forget DA4 is a live service game.

>lead animator leaves
This must be a good thing though

He wasn't the guy who animated Andromeda mind you.

>Is Bioware dying?
That implies it's still alive. Bioware has been living from their sown years ago. Now everybody realise they're an useless developer.

how many more live service games are going to have to crash and burn before they understand it doesn't work?

FIFA Ultimate Team is EA's biggest moneymaker and it's a live service game.

No, it's just they are all jumping ship after Anthem and seeing how DA4 was meant to be a game like Anthem, I bet they are just done for with being ordered around by EA.
Bioware's field is RPGs, they have no idea about these farming simulators.

Whatever the reason is for all these lead staff members leaving at the same time, it's definitely making EA closer to shutting down the studio.

right but how many other success stories do they got from that? This seems like the same mess that happen when WoW made bank so everything needed to be like WoW

Chances are EA came in and had a meeting with Bioware higher ups and made demands/what absolutely needs to be in Dragon Age 4 and Bioware staff did not like it at all so they're mass leaving.

Dragon Age 4 is probably going to be a microtransaction/lootbox fest

Leads have been bailint out since Mass Effect 3's launch.
Ironically, some of the few Bioware OGs left are Casie Hudson and Mac Walters, the orchestrators behind ME3's ending.

>right but how many other success stories do they got from that?
the point is that because that game was a success, they're holding every other game to that standard. Madden also has a live service feature and while not as successful, it still is.

>Leads have been bailint out since Mass Effect 3's launch.
I'm sure there were, but not this many in one day at a time when Bioware's projects have been considered failures and includes lead devs of yet-to-be-released games.

Cassie Hudson was hilarious because he left before Mass Effect Andromeda launch, and then quietly came back when everyone was done laughing at it.

Whether it happened before or not, this event, again, certainly makes Bioware more considerable to be shut down. Anthem was very disappointing for sales after all.

What I mean is that, for EA, Bioware is just a name, they don't give a shit about whoever's in the team, they will continue until normalfags notice, and seeing a couple of comments about Dragon Age, I think they can get away with one more flop before finally dying.

>dying
Bioware is dead and has been dead for a long time, user.

This is just the corpse shitting itself.

Bioware was nowhere near as dead back then, this isn't comparable to now where their projects are failures and their staff is leaving before the games they're making even come out. Like the other guy said, since all these lead devs left on the same day, it's most certainly that EA ordered something they didn't want to do and had enough. Meaning that whatever EA wanted probably isn't getting made, which equals less desire to keep Bioware afloat.

>Meaning that whatever EA wanted probably isn't getting made
It might, they will simply hire whoever the fuck comes along.
It's what they've been doing for the past 10 years, replacing staff with the first people to come by.

I think EA is more hesitant towards killing Bioware because they just don't have that many studios left.
DICE has proven they can only make Battlefield games, and both DICE and Battlefield are not that well regarded anymore.
Respawn is currently killing their reputation with the microtransactions of Apex.
So, all that's left is the team that makes NFS and FIFA.

>It's what they've been doing for the past 10 years, replacing staff with the first people to come by.
Gee, how come they didn't replace the undesirables at Visceral Games then?

Mass Effect 3 was twice as successful as ME2 and is the best selling entry in the series. This isn't comparable at all. Andromeda and Anthem were both flops and DA4 is already unpopular before release. Meaning Bioware has a negative streak right now.

Because they were done for, they were unneeded, Visceral ended up becoming just a team that helped with DLC of other games, like Bioware Montreal.
If they straight up shut down Bioware, they will simply have no one available to make RPGs.
Bioware will linger on as a walking dead corpse for some time.
They probably see it as it being better to have a studio that once made good games make RPGs, since it will fool some even if it's terrible, rather than make a new studio that will also make terrible RPGs but won't get any attention since the studio's name has no reputation behind it.

Same reason why devs would rather make sequels instead of new IPs, you'll at least fool some idiots.

>Because they were done for, they were unneeded, Visceral ended up becoming just a team that helped with DLC of other games,
Not true, Visceral was making a Star Wars game when they were shut down.
>you'll fool some idiots
Not the case when your games are flops, meaning you are wasting money. EA cancelled Andromeda's DLC even though it'd have been an example of "fool some idiots".

It doesn't matter if they don't have anyone making RPGs, who cares about them if they sell like shit? All they need is FIFA after all.

>Not the case when your games are flops
And they would flop even harder if they were made by a new studio.
Like Mass Effect Andromeda, it sold 2.5 million copies.
If it wasn't made by Bioware, and it wasn't called Mass Effect, it wouldn't have sold even 100k.

>All they need is FIFA after all.
Yes, but FIFA sells mostly in Europe, and Europe is crashing down hard on microtransactions.
The EU could easily kill EA's biggest source of revenue in the next few years.
That's the whole thing, EA can't afford to kill studios, they've killed way too many over the past 15 years and ended up relying on very few.

EA has cornered themselves, their trigger happy attitude has finally caught up with them.

>And they would flop even harder if they were made by a new studio.
Who says they have to be made at all? You're missing the point. Again, they don't need RPGs, they're just another product, and said products are flopping.
>Yes, but FIFA sells mostly in Europe, and Europe is crashing down hard on microtransactions.
Actually, FIFA sells both in Europe and South America, and the only country that has a nono on mtx is Belgium. Plus, again, their RPGs are flops so what do they care about keeping Bioware afloat right now? It wouldn't surprise me if the reason all those lead devs from multiple projects left on the same day was because EA had just told them Bioware's expiration date. Who knows how many more employees that weren't as important left? It's not like we had all the names when Blizzard kept shutting down subsidiaries like crazy and had hundreds of people out of a job.
>That's the whole thing, EA can't afford to kill studios,
Why not? Bioware is a literal liability right now, it's better to cut their losses right now. There's literally no reason to keep Bioware at all at this moment. They're making nothing but flops and their future projects are already hated before they're even out.

>they don't need RPGs
They are desperate to tap into the farming simulator market, they don't have any games doing that.

>Actually, FIFA sells both in Europe and South America, and the only country that has a nono on mtx is Belgium.
Yes, but that's just the start, the EU is pushing to rid microtransactions all across the EU, and South America alone won't do a thing because most people into videogames there can't even afford to get a PS4.

>Why not?
Because, as I said, they just don't have studios.
They kill Bioware and all they have left are studios already busy.
If you want an actual sign that Bioware is about to be shut down, look up what they are working on.
When they start helping other developers instead of making their own games, that's when you know they are about to be killed.

Reminder that this little shit single handedly killed Bioware.

Attached: 1565895992623.png (432x752, 409K)

>They are desperate to tap into the farming simulator market, they don't have any games doing that.
The hell does this have to do with anything? Even if this has something to do with something, the point is that Bioware is not the solution to that and they're better off right now not having them around.
>Yes, but that's just the start, the EU is pushing to rid microtransactions all across the EU
Yeah right, they said that years ago. Belgium taking them down isn't a EU decision you know.
> and South America alone won't do a thing because most people into videogames there can't even afford to get a PS4.
Disregarding how you don't know that, Fifa Ultimate Team is on mobile, and guess what the most popular platform is.
>Because, as I said, they just don't have studios.
Mate, what part of Bioware being a liability do you not get? Why are you so strung up on this non-existant requirement of them to have either RPGs or a certain number studios even if said studio is a literal net negative for years with no end in sight and they'd be OBJECTIVELY better off getting rid of them? You might as well say that people NEED to keep their malignant tumours.
>When they start helping other developers instead of making their own games, that's when you know they are about to be killed.
You missed the part about Visceral making their own games when they were shut down, it even had in-game trailers.

Also, UK is by far the biggest buyer of FIFA games and they literally announced that live service games like fifa ultimate team don't fall under UK's gambling laws.

In countries like Brazil where PS4s cost more than anywhere else, people just import them from other countries since it's much cheaper.

I thought that was Dragon Age 2.

>This
Who gives a shit, there wont be another good ME, they don't have the rights to Baldurs Gate, IWD, or NWN, Dragon Age was never that good. There is literally no reason to care about that doomed company

And import sales don't show up in NPD reports either.

For example, the early complaints about the combat was that it became a cover shooter followed by bitching and moaning that they ditched the overheating mechanic of the first game, in ME3 post launch the criticisms became more focused on the lack of enemy variety in ME2-3 as they compared to what the first game had.

Attached: Maruader.jpg (635x720, 257K)

This doesn't really help. Do you not have screencaps or archive links?

>The hell does this have to do with anything?
Who else is gonna do that?
FIFA's team? DICE?
And not making RPGs is a choice, but EA wants that market, they want to tap into it.
They clearly have plans for them, otherwise they would have already shut them down.

>You missed the part about Visceral making their own games when they were shut down
They were mostly a support studio by then.
Pic related is the last things they worked on.
When Bioware is relegated to support studio, is when EA is finally getting ready to kill them.

>what part of Bioware being a liability do you not get?
Again, who else is going to make those games?
They are a liability, but they simply can't afford it, EA has ONE source of revenue and it's at a huge, real risk of getting wiped out.
Even ME Andromeda, for all it's bad reputation managed to sell 2.5 million copies.

>UK is by far the biggest buyer of FIFA games
Not by that far, and even if one country was left, that would still heavily cut down EA's revenue.

Attached: 1540965698436.png (945x567, 86K)

EA kills another one? No way! It's almost like some sort of pattern at this point.

Nah, Mass Effect was always bigger than DA.
If Mass Effect had remained good, they'd be fine.

>Who else is gonna do that?
Certainly not the fucking flop developer. Where is this farming simulator you speak of? Where is the announcement? Or EA saying they want in? If it's a mobile game they certainly don't need Bioware for that.
>They were mostly a support studio by then.
The point is they were making games and that mattered jack shit because they were still cancelled, meaning Bioware can be cancelled too despite currently developing games.
>Again, who else is going to make those games?
WHAT GAMES? Post whatever bullshit is making you spout this over and over right now. Also didn't you say that they can just "hire more people"? It can't be that hard to make whatever farming simulator you speak of.
>They are a liability, but they simply can't afford it, EA has ONE source of revenue and it's at a huge, real risk of getting wiped out.
False, like I said, there's no legislation being made in the EU about mtx and the UK just said a few weeks ago that mtx are perfectly fine.
>Even ME Andromeda, for all it's bad reputation managed to sell 2.5 million copies.
Irrelevant, EA considered it a flop so badly they cancelled its DLC.
>Not by that far, and even if one country was left, that would still heavily cut down EA's revenue.
Read my lips buddy, the EU isn't cancelling mtx any time soon. Get that in your head. And Bioware sure as shit isn't the solution to that.

>Nobody was saying Bioware was dead when ME 1 and 2 came out
I was saying Bioware was dead when Jade Empire came out.

I think the surest sign that the population of Yea Forums has changed is people here now say "me3 was good until the ending," which I can only assume is the reddit hivemind opinion. For at least nine months Yea Forums shit on every aspect of me3 every day with religious fervor. There could be no doubt whatsoever that Yea Forums hated virtually everything about me3. Shit has changed, though. People openly admit to using reddit in their posts and almost no one seems to give a fuck. Every time I open Yea Forums now I see shit that makes me wonder why I still come here.

Attached: 1559616027443.jpg (1077x772, 343K)

good for you, here's your medal, champ.

Attached: aura-well-done-gold-medal-50mm-2-620695-dv-p.jpg (800x800, 138K)

>makes me wonder why I still come here.
guess you better leave then? or do you have no plans to do whatsoever and only came here to whine and feel vindicated?

I'm just expressing my quickly growing dissatisfaction with this place because of people like you.

>Or EA saying they want in?
Anthem's very existence.
They want the Destiny/The Division market.
As I said, if they were going to kill them, they would already have.
You yourself said that they already had a couple of flops, so they must have some plan for them.

>The point is they were making games and that mattered jack shit because they were still cancelled
Because they didn't care that much about those games, they didn't sell well, their main purpose was being a support studio, it's the only reason they survived the last 8 years of it's life.

>WHAT GAMES? Post whatever bullshit is making you spout this over and over right now
Why do you think Anthem is a farming simulator instead of an actual RPG?
Why do you think DA4 is meant to be the exact same thing?
It's what they want, a game that taps into that market full of microtransaction whales.

>there's no legislation being made in the EU about mtx
There is, in Belgium, and everything is progressing, their final goal is banning them in the entire union.

>Irrelevant, EA considered it a flop so badly they cancelled its DLC.
Imagine the sales if it wasn't tied to Bioware and Mass Effect.
There's still a pull from those.

>Read my lips buddy,
Why? Who are you?

>people here now say "me3 was good until the ending,
fuck you, I always said that
In retrospect, was it great? No, it had serious problems. Problems we'd be talking about if not for that fucking ending. It had bugs, tons of shit was half assed and rushed, but it all pales to that fucking ending

Sorry to break it to you but Yea Forums is not and never has been a hive mind, it's just some autists screeching louder than others, just like America

Nice canned tumblr response circa 2011 senpai

>getting defensive and mad because someone is speaking logically instead of just shouting "AAHAHHAHAHAHAHA BIOWARE IS DEAD"
He's not even saying that Bioware is not going to die, just that EA is using it as a puppet to push their shitty Destiny clones.
And he makes a point, if EA didn't have anything in mind, they would have killed them already.

Attached: 1552762529971.png (908x646, 942K)

So do you think we're going to even get Dragon Age 4 or will Bioware be liquidated before then?

>DA4 is suppose to be a live service game now

Bioware isn't dead, it's an undead

>fuck you, I always said that
No, I don't think you did. At least, not here. Especially since you seem to be implying we weren't talking about everything that made the game very bad which is objectively wrong.

we'll get DA4, but you ain't gonna like what it looks like. See
bitchcunt are you trying to tell me you know my opinions better than me? Stop huffing your own brapfumes. I can mark the exact point I stopped enjoying ME3 despite it's flaws and it was that fucking elevator

I don't give a fuck about your opinions. I sincerely doubt you're being honest about discussing me3 here after release because of your implication that Yea Forums wasn't taking a gigantic shit on everything about that game.

>Anthem's very existence.
Oh you meant grinding games. You know what's a grinding game? FIFA ultimate team. You know what doesn't please EA? Bioware's games.
>As I said, if they were going to kill them, they would already have.
Says who? You don't know EA's internal affairs, for all you know they could shut them down any day now especially after all those lead staff members left on the same day for no given reason. They also had plans for Visceral (the star wars game) till they shut them down out of the blue you know. Right now their known plans for Bioware is DA4, which is already getting flak.
>Because they didn't care that much about those games, they didn't sell well
BFH topped sales charts. But more importantly they were making a game and still got cancelled. You know who's is in a position of making flops and currently developing a game? Bioware.
>Why do you think Anthem is a farming simulator instead of an actual RPG?
Listen buddy this whole time I thought you meant actual farming, as in Facebook farming. But now that I know that you meant mtx grinding games, it means that EA already tapped into that farming market with Fifa ultimate team, their biggest moneymaker ever. So why do they care about more farming games that just end up being flops?
>It's what they want, a game that taps into that market full of microtransaction whales.
FIFA ultimate team already does that, they don't need a flop studio for that.
>There is, in Belgium
Good thing Belgium isn't the entirety of the EU then and has nothing to do with the EU itself, as UK proves, and yes the UK is still in the EU.
>everything is progressing
Bullshit.
>Imagine the sales if it wasn't tied to Bioware and Mass Effect.
Imagine how much a fuck EA gives about that when it's still a flop anyhow. Why do you keep ranting about "imagine if this flop was an even BIGGER flop!"?
>Why? Who are you?
Your fucking prom date. The EU isn't making any legislation and have zero announcements about doing so.

Yea Forums takes a gigantic shit fit on everything about every game, that by no means implies there's some sort of unanimous hive-mind consensus. Again, it's autists screeching very loudly, like they have since Tortanic.

so I was right then, you were dishonest about wanting to leave this place and just came here to whine and attention whore.

ps I've never played any Mass Effect game.

>Good thing Belgium isn't the entirety of the EU
right that's germany

>Your fucking prom date
donte pls

Not him but I also recall people saying they liked most of the rest of the game at the time. You're probably talking about the fact that the disappointment of the endings have infinitely more threads.

You can try to downplay it all you want, it doesn't change the fact that me3 was obliterated here on Yea Forums every day for a very long time.
>im not from reddit despite my reddit opinion im just a super cool individual who didn't completely agree with the general consensus
This attitude supports my assertion that you aren't actually from here.

I never said I wasn't from Reddit - i'm not, can't stand the layout, but your diseased schizophrenic mind is bringing that up not me.

>speaking logically is making baseless assumptions and saying straight up wrong things like "EA NEEDS RPGs because I say so!" and "EA NEEDS Bioware even though all they do recently is flops!"
Psst, EA also had plans for Visceral in the form of the Star Wars game and then they were shut down out of the blue. The reason people are saying Bioware is close to death is because of a) their flops and b) lead devs of multiple games jumping ship on the same day, meaning most likely EA had a talk with them about something.

Please explain how I can attention whore as anonymous.
>ps I've never played any Mass Effect game.
I'm shocked. I'd tell you to go back to wherever you came from but at this point I honestly believe that Yea Forums has become a colony of reddit where redditors come to express opinions they don't want to be downvoted for.

>Oh you meant grinding games.
Yes, grinding and farming is the same.
And I mean the Destiny/The Division market, it's different from sports games, another market that EA does seem to be tied to.

>You don't know EA's internal affairs
No, i'm speaking from what I do know.
And what I know is that they have Bioware making farming games..

>BFH topped sales charts
Battlefield Hardline received the same "We are happy with the sales" generic response that Andromeda did.
In fact, i'm not sure they ever actually revealed actual sales.

>So why do they care about more farming games that just end up being flops?
Because it's a different kind of audience and they are greedy.
FIFA is bleeding FIFA players die, but those are not the same kind of people who play Destiny or The Division.

>Good thing Belgium isn't the entirety of the EU
No, but it's it's capital, and it will move on from that.

>and yes the UK is still in the EU.
For now.

>Imagine how much a fuck EA gives about that when it's still a flop anyhow.
Enough to not kill Bioware yet.

>Why do you keep ranting about "imagine if this flop was an even BIGGER flop!"?
Because it shows they have still a boost, one that a brand new studio wouldn't have.
That's why they rather keep Bioware rather than making a brand new one.
Using others is not an option since they are all busy.

Here's the thing, EA WANTS that audience, and you will never convince a boardroom to not do chase for more audiences.

I'm not going to sit here and act like this opinion was never expressed at all, but it always got fucking savaged by everyone else. You're lying or blatantly misremembering how much Yea Forums hated me3.

Mass Effect 1 was their last good game

>saying straight up wrong things like "EA NEEDS RPGs because I say so!"
If they are wrong, then why is Bioware still alive? Why are they still working on more games?

>EA also had plans for Visceral in the form of the Star Wars game and then they were shut down out of the blue.
Of course it did, it was going to be a single player game.

>meaning most likely EA had a talk with them about something.
Yes, and that talk was probably
>we need you put this many microtransactions in this game and this amount of quests for people to farm

If EA was going to shut down Bioware, why haven't they done so already?
Why the hesitation?

BioWare is on dialysis.

Bioware is probably about to get the Blizzard Treatment, accountant gonna come in and clean house

Bioware died the minute it was bought out.

I don't know why people insist on thinking it still exists. It's EA now, let it go people.

Attached: 1551653007029.jpg (500x334, 20K)

>I never said I wasn't from Reddit
And I never said you said that. I didn't need to hear you state you're from reddit, it's pretty easy to identify you people.
>i-i can't stand the layout, that's why I don't use it haha...
This is pathetic.

this is what mental illness looks like

They had a writer? They had an animator?

Dude, you keep insisting that you are right but EA's actions don't back you.
If EA doesn't want RPGs, why do they keep making them?
If they consider Bioware a complete liability, why does it still exist?

That's the thing, the other dude is talking about what's actually happening, and you talk about what should happen and insist it's reality even though it isn't.
You are like those faggots who keep saying
>DEATH STRANDING IS GOING TO FLOP THIS GAME IS A FAILURE OH MY GOD IT'S LOSING MILLIONS
You speak based entirely on emotions instead of facts and logic, which is why you are getting increasingly mad with your posts.

>mental illness
Imagine being so sheltered you misidentify mental illness this easily. Go ahead and get your last post in, faggot, I can see you've reached the stage where you're desperate to get the final word in.

>And I mean the Destiny/The Division market
>And what I know is that they have Bioware making farming games..
Which turned out to be a flop in the form of Anthem, what's your point? They already tapped into the farming market with Fifa, their best moneymaker, they don't need flops like Bioware's games.
>Battlefield Hardline received the same "We are happy with the sales" generic response that Andromeda did.
Battlefield Hardline had released DLC, Andromeda's DLC was cancelled.
>Because it's a different kind of audience and they are greedy.
The audience who has proven Bioware's games are flops. Again, what's your point?
>FIFA is bleeding FIFA players die
FIFA is their biggest moneymaker. Bioware is their biggest waste of money. Why the hell are you STILL bringing up flops like they need them?
>No, but it's it's capital, and it will move on from that.
Baseless assumption, and Belgium does not control the EU at all, if anything Germany does. The UK literally proves you wrong with them sucking EA's dick, probably because of third party lobbying.
>For now.
Pffthahah remember when people thought that was gonna happpen back when the vote passed, or that Farage would stay around to lead them? Not that it matters since they're FIFA's biggest market and even then the EU isn't removing mtx any time soon.
>Enough to not kill Bioware yet.
Just like how they didn't kill Visceral for years.
>Because it shows they have still a boost,
What does that "boost" matter if they're still flops in the end? A liability? You know what else had boosts? Visceral games. Enough that EA was content in releasing BFH's dlc, unlike andromeda. They were literally more content with Visceral's last game than they were with Bioware.
>Here's the thing, EA WANTS that audience,
The farming audience? They already have that with FIFA, they don't have anything with Bioware. They are a tumour. They are unneeded. They are infinitely less wanted than FIFA. They are in an infinitely worse positionn.

imagine being so sheltered you misidentify different opinions as a nebulous, hated other

EA will keep Bioware "alive" for as long they consider the brand profitable. Literally the entire studio could leave tomorrow and it wouldn't matter. Bioware is "Bioware" in name only.

>Which turned out to be a flop in the form of Anthem, what's your point?
They must still want it considering DA4 is supposed to be more of the same.

>They already tapped into the farming market with Fifa
It's not the same audience, though.
FIFA is specifically for the sports audience.

>The audience who has proven Bioware's games are flops.
Not flopped hard enough for EA, it seems.

>Why the hell are you STILL bringing up flops like they need them?
Because that's what's happening, Bioware is still around, i'm making guesses based on the fact that Bioware still exists.
You are talking to me as if I was EA and telling me what I should do.
I'm not, by the way.

>Pffthahah remember when people thought that was gonna happpen back when the vote passed
Good thing they have a government actually willing to do it.

>Just like how they didn't kill Visceral for years.
Has Bioware been shut down?

>What does that "boost" matter if they're still flops in the end?
Again the same question?
Because it's still a boost compared to nothing from a new studio.
And they WILL chase this market, not chasing it is not an option for them, they want money.

>They already have that with FIFA
And, again, that's the sports audience specifically.

>They are a tumour. They are unneeded. They are infinitely less wanted than FIFA. They are in an infinitely worse positionn.
Tell EA that, it's them who haven't killed Bioware.

>Dude, you keep insisting that you are right but EA's actions don't back you.
Really? Remind me when they decided to release Andromeda's DLC? Oh wait...
>If EA doesn't want RPGs, why do they keep making them?
I didn't say EA doesn't want RPGs, I said EA doesn't want flops, and Bioware has 2 flops so far. EA proved that they don't want Andromeda or Anthem after they were proven to be flops by not only cancelling Andromeda's DLC but also moving staff from Anthem and dropping the ball on support, only releasing the first actual considerable batch of content months after its planned release, no doubt caued by the staff relocation.

>That's the thing, the other dude is talking about what's actually happening
Oh fuck off. You mean like him saying that EA wants to tap into the farming market even though they already did years ago with FIFA? You mean like him desperately latching onto saying that Bioware is needed even though Bioware is objectively a liability that has only made 2 flops recently and one upcoming game that's already hated?

Your argument is literally "well they haven't done it yet so they must be happy about these flops!". No, idiot, because Visceral was in the same position. By your logic there's no reason why they shut down Visceral in 2017 because they did jack fucking squat for years, meaning that not only did they have no plan for them, which is your argument for Bioware, but more importantly even when they finally gave them a plan (star wars), they shut them down in the middle of it.

Why are you so desperate to latch onto a flopping studio whose lead members all jumped ship on the same day for whatever reason? Why are you ignoring that Visceral proves your stupid theories wrong?

I'm sure people were reactionary about it thanks to said ending disappointment. You should really know that your experience in thread x isn't global. So what you saw isn't necessarily what other people saw at all times. There were lots of threads about it all the time after all.

There's people here who hate Dark Souls, and if you happen to enter said people's threads more often than not, you might think Yea Forums hates Dark Souls. In the same sense, you entering threads talking about the ending obviously are going to have angrier, more reactionary people than those in other threads.

The time of death was when EA bought them.
The last Bioware game was Mass Effect 1 as it was originally published by Microsoft.

Attached: Hamburger_helper_twitter_fight.jpg (640x520, 76K)

I've said this many times before, even if EA kills off anything that isn't sports they'll still won't be in the red.

>Really? Remind me when they decided to release Andromeda's DLC? Oh wait...
You are not talking about Andromeda's DLC being cancelled, you are talking about Bioware being shut down.

>I said EA doesn't want flops
They have no control over that, any game could be a flop.

>also moving staff from Anthem
And if you were right, they would have been outright fired.

>Your argument is literally "well they haven't done it yet so they must be happy about these flops!".
No, more like
>they haven't done it yet, so they must still have something planned.

>Why are you so desperate to latch onto a flopping studio whose lead members all jumped ship on the same day for whatever reason?
Am I?
I said that Bioware is still alive and still making games, and that EA probably has something they want them to do.
Until it's actually shut down, that remains true.

>Why are you ignoring that Visceral proves your stupid theories wrong?
And if Bioware is shut down, then you'll be proven right.
Until then, you are just making increasingly emotional ramblings based on what you think should happen, and not what's happening.

>Please explain how I can attention whore as anonymous.
hello? you think people bait for (you)s for exactly what reason? hint: it's attention. just because you don't have a trip doesn't mean anything.
> I'd tell you to go back to wherever you came from
>you're from reddit because you didn't play ME
???

Nah, it's just you are one of those millennials who thinks people disagreeing with you means they are attacking you, that's why your replies are getting more and more emotion based.
Hell, you are already trying to turn this into
>YOU ARE DEFENDING BIOWARE

Bioware is crap, they've always been, I couldn't care less if they get killed since their biggest achievement ever was an uninspired Star Trek wannabe that never move on from
>AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS

>If they are wrong, then why is Bioware still alive?
You mean just like how they didn't kill of Visceral for years even though you people keep saying EA totally had reasons to kill them?
>Of course it did, it was going to be a single player game.
And they couldn't make them turn it into a non-single player game just like how they forced greedy mtx into anthem because...?
>we need you put this many microtransactions in this game and this amount of quests for people to farm
You mean the thing that Bioware happily obliged to with Anthem? Why would that be an issue later? And what does that have to do with staff from multiple games including Anthem itself?
>If EA was going to shut down Bioware, why haven't they done so already?
Why didn't they close Visceral for all those years when they were dead weight, then shut them down when they were finally making something?

>You mean just like how they didn't kill of Visceral for years even though you people keep saying EA totally had reasons to kill them?
They were a support studio, they had some uses.
And Bioware's is their attempt at getting into the looter shooter market.

>And they couldn't make them turn it into a non-single player game just like how they forced greedy mtx into anthem because...?
Because they were probably putting up too much of a fight.

>You mean the thing that Bioware happily obliged to with Anthem?
And Anthem proves that that's not their thing, so instead of being forced to work on what will likely be another failure, they just bail out.
Of course, EA doesn't think it's going to be a failure, EA actually thinks they can manage to make it sell.

>Why didn't they close Visceral for all those years when they were dead weight
They weren't dead weight, they were a support studio that made a ton of DLC, you know, EA's biggest source of revenue for a long time.
Bioware will likely see this transition before ultimately dying, probably after DA4 comes out and fails.

You talk as if EA was this logical, calculating machine.
EA was the one who forced Bioware to make Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 and TOR, all at the same time, and with development times of less than 2 years.

You don't take into account the fact that EA is fucking stupid and doesn't understand what people want.
If they did, they would have Bioware working on a Mass Effect 4, instead of having them making reboots and looter shooters.

Attached: 1535886891491.jpg (1078x1332, 516K)

>You are not talking about Andromeda's DLC being cancelled,
The fuck are you on? It's proof that EA doesn't care about "rpgs" they just care about whether or not something is a flop. I'm saying the devs jumping ship on top of recent flops means Bioware is probably close to being shut down. Saying "why haven't they shut them down?" is not an argument when the thing that hints at their closure happened just 3 days ago and Visceral lasted for years as dead weight.
>They have no control over that, any game could be a flop.
It's proof that Bioware isn't good enough to ensure games aren't flops anymore. DA4 will probably be the last straw.
>And if you were right, they would have been outright fired.
No?
>they haven't done it yet, so they must still have something planned.
>I said that Bioware is still alive and still making games
Visceral proves you wrong.
>Until then, you are just making increasingly emotional ramblings based on what you think should happen,
Other way around. Bioware is objectively a liability right now, meaning that getting rid of them would a 100% cold, hard, logical decision. Them not being dead yet probably means that EA wants to see if third time's the charm with DA4. It doesn't mean Bioware isn't a liability at this moment.

You, on the other hand, keep claiming that you have a hunch about EA's true intentions, even though Visceral proves you wrong since they also weren't kicked out for years despite EA not having plans for them. That's an emotional rambling.

It was more like HIV giving or nanomachines

>Nah, it's just you are one of those millennials who thinks people disagreeing with you means they are attacking you
When did I say that?
>YOU ARE DEFENDING BIOWARE
Nice strawman. I said you're latching onto a flopping studio, in other words, I'm talking purely on a business standpoint from EA's perspective and I'm baffled as to why you keep saying Bioware isn't in danger. I couldn't care less if you like Bioware's games or not and my posts say nothing of the sort.

Do you think I'd mention a studio is flopping if it had anything to do with their quality? John Carpenter's The Thing flopped horribly, it doesn't mean it isn't one of my favourite films.

What about Tortanic?

>Mass Effect 4
Andromeda?

>It's proof that EA doesn't care about "rpgs"
Not today, but bear in mind Andromeda began development back in 2012, before the fad of looter shooters.

>It's proof that Bioware isn't good enough to ensure games aren't flops anymore.
Thing is, with the things available, they can't be that picky, at this point the only franchise guaranteed to sell well is FIFA, every other game could flop easily.
Apex underperformed, Battlefield V underperformed...
Their habit of killing studios left and right means they just don't have the ability to pick from one studio or another, they can't choose anything, they kill one studio, and they are saying goodbye to an entire potential market entirely.

>Visceral proves you wrong.
And when Bioware does die, you'll be right, until then, nothing is certain.
Everyone was convinced Andromeda was going to kill Bioware too.

>meaning that getting rid of them would a 100% cold, hard, logical decision
If EA made cold, hard, logical decisions they wouldn't be in the situation they are now.
Having Bioware make Anthem, for example, isn't a logical decision, Bioware has never made anything like that, they make RPGs.
And yet, there they are, working on making a DA4 that's going to be another "MMORPG" type of game.

No, Mass Effect 4, a continuation of 3.
Andromeda is a symptom of Bioware not having the balls to swallow their pride, admit they fucked up with ME3's ending and, at least, just choose a canon ending and going along with it. I remember a pathetic interview when some guy asked Mac Walters which ME3 ending is canon and he just went >"H-hahaha, i'm not answering that..."
Hell, the Destroy ending of 3 actually leaves a pretty interesting situation to set a game in, with a post-war, fucked up galaxy.

People would love that.
Will they make it?
Of course not, because EA is fucking retarded and are now sitting idly while Mass Effect, a universe from which you could make any game you could want, from RPGs to FPS games or Air Combat-like games, rot away.
They have the videogame equivalent of Star Wars and they are letting it die.

It's like when EA said that they wanted a franchise like GTA, an open world one.
They fucking had that, it was called Mercenaries and guess what, it's dead because they killed Pandemic.
EA is fucking stupid.

>They must still want it
You make it sound like these DA4 wasn't being developed alongside Anthem. Not to mention we don't know at what point EA could shut down Bioware the same way they shut down Visceral out of the blue. Answer me, does Bioware have any future projects other than DA4? Cause 3 years ago they had 3.
>It's not the same audience.
It's the farming audience, it's their biggest moneymaker. Bioware on the other hand cannot access that market profitably, let alone reach Fifa Ultimate Team's numbers which is their new standard.
>Not flopped hard enough for EA
Yes it did, otherwise they wouldn't have cancelled Andromeda's DLC or panic dumped Anthem by moving its staff to DA4 after it came out and flopped.
>Bioware is still around
Just like how Visceral was around for years. I'm making guesses based on Bioware's failures and how they don't have anything in the future other than DA4.
>I was EA and telling me what I should do
We're talking about the logical thing EA would do, which is shut down a liability, the thing they're known for. You on the other hand are making things up as to why they shouldn't like "maybe they have a plan?".
>a government actually willing to do it.
Just like how Farage was willing to do it 3 years ago right?
>Has Bioware been shut down?
Why was Visceral allowed to live that long despite EA not having plans for them? Meaning your theory about plans is irrelevant, EA doesn't need plans to keep something alive, they do whatever they want, they're not exactly smart you know.
>Because it's still a boost compared to nothing from a new studio.
What part of "flop" did you miss? It means the boost is irrelevant.
>And they WILL chase this market
Where's Bioware's future projects other than DA4 then?
>And, again, that's the sports audience specifically.
And, again, Bioware proved they cannot win this audience of yours.
>Tell EA that, it's them who haven't killed Bioware.
Just like how they didn't kill Visceral for many years.

>I'm talking purely on a business standpoint from EA's perspective
Here's the thing, do you think EA's business perspective is sound?
That they always make good choices based on logic?

>In the past few days
The two producers are the only people this is true about, and producers don't do anything really.
Mike laidlaw left two years ago
Gaider left three years ago (unless another writer has left or unless you are talking about Drew, but he was only there for like six months and left in early 2018)
Source for animator I found one about Steve Gilmour but he left two years ago after seventeen years with Bioware.

So the reality seems to be that Hudson is axeing people who provide nothing of value.

>does Bioware have any future projects other than DA4? Cause 3 years ago they had 3.
No, but then again, the ones making Andromeda was Montreal, which was shut down and it's developers reassigned to EA Motive, I think.
By the way, which three are those? Anthem, Andromeda, which one is the third?

>It's the farming audience,
Not really, they might have turned the sports audience into microtransaction whales, but the other market is still untapped.

>Just like how Visceral was around for years.
Yeah, making a living out of DLC.

>Just like how Farage was willing to do it 3 years ago right?
We'll see in a few months, the one doing it now isn't Farage.

>What part of "flop" did you miss? It means the boost is irrelevant.
Any boost is good enough compared to none at all.

>Bioware proved they cannot win this audience of yours.
Tell that to EA, they are the ones making the decisions.

>We're talking about the logical thing EA would do
Is EA known for being logical?

>Thing is, with the things available, they can't be that picky
Why not? FIFA is their biggest moneymaker. Bioware is a liability. Simple as that.
>and they are saying goodbye to an entire potential market entirely.
What does that matter if they've shown they can't profit off that market? There's tons of markets EA isn't accessing right now you know and they're doing well, thanks to FIFA. They don't need to keep losing money when they have something to fall back on.
>And when Bioware does die, you'll be right
It's not about me being right, it's about you being wrong. Bioware is close to death. They could die tomorrow or they could die after DA4 flops. They don't have any other future games announced. Their lead staff for all their projects left on the same day. DA4 is basically in limbo right now.
>Everyone was convinced Andromeda was going to kill Bioware too.
Millions of people think God exists, doesn't mean they're right. One flop wasn't gonna kill Bioware the next day. They were developing 3 games at once in 2015. Now they're only developing 1, where's EA's future plans?
>Having Bioware make Anthem, for example, isn't a logical decision, Bioware has never made anything like that, they make RPGs.
That's not comparable to economical decisions which is what we're talking about. We know EA is retarded when it comes to games after all. They have FIFA to fall back on their fuckups. Also, Anthem is an action rpg anyhow, not to mention its biggest issues are caused by EA making Bioware cheap out on features, having an extremely lackluster content at launch which made the game monotone and spent dev time on mtx shenanigans. Basically the content it got recently was supposed to be there at launch. EA's incompetence damaged the game more than anything.
>And yet, there they are, working on making a DA4 that's going to be another "MMORPG" type of game.
Just like Visceral making a Star Wars game, which EA then decided to change its mind and shut them down.

Are you saying they aren't known for being the butcher of dev studios? They shut them down cause they aren't happy with them, and EA sure as hell isn't happy about Bioware right now. Basically Bioware is in a state where they could either get shut down tomorrow or after DA4 flops, because they don't have any other games announced and we know that Anthem's staff was moved to DA4 in a panic after Anthem flopped. In other words EA is panicking and is nervous about Bioware.

Easy with the Bioware hate, you might trigger the newfag mods!

Attached: Mods are Retarded.png (964x650, 122K)

>They were a support studio, they had some uses.
Could you stop saying this? BFH is entirely them and for 4 years they didn't do anything.
>Because they were probably putting up too much of a fight.
That's a nice assumption dear.
>And Anthem proves that that's not their thing,
Anthem's biggest issues are caused by EA's mismanagement, cheaping out on budget, forcing devs to leave out content on release, delaying updates, making them work on paid mtx instead of substantial things and then literally nabbing Anthem's staff and putting them into DA4 after, surprise, Anthem flopped, because there was jack shit to do and the game is a monotonous slog because of it.
>they were a support studio that made a ton of DLC,
One piece of Battlefield 3's dlc in 2013...what else? They made BFH in 2015, which is a game that sold well enough for EA to NOT cancel its dlc, then started working on star wars for 2 years and bam, dead.

>Why not? FIFA is their biggest moneymaker. Bioware is a liability. Simple as that.
Ask them.

>What does that matter if they've shown they can't profit off that market?
Because EA doesn't give up on potential markets.

>it's about you being wrong
Then Bioware would already be dead.

>They were developing 3 games at once in 2015
Then again, it was one studio.
And, in a very unlikely case, there's the chance that maybe EA has taken a look at the past few years and saw that having Bioware make multiple games at once it's not the best of choices.
Mass Effect 3, DA2 and TOR were all underwhelming, and they were developed at the same time, and so were Anthem and Andromeda.
Then again, as I said, EA is not logical, which is why Anthem is a thing in the first place, and why they let Bioware make Andromeda.

>One flop wasn't gonna kill Bioware the next day
It killed Pandemic.

>That's not comparable to economical decisions which is what we're talking about.
They are one and the same.
If EA was logical, they would have known that putting a studio who's only experience is making RPGs into making looter shooters was a bad idea.
And bad ideas result in bad videogames that don't sell.

>Just like Visceral making a Star Wars game, which EA then decided to change its mind and shut them down.
Yes, but Visceral was in a time where EA could be picky, they didn't cover a huge market, they made games well in line with what others did.

In 2010, EA put Bioware in charge of their entire RPG division, now their MMORPG division, a very lucrative market that EA is desperate to get their hands on.
Bioware's first attempt failed? Yes, a catastrophic failure, but EA still wants it, and they won't be able to if they have no one to work on them.

And bear in mind, not chasing a market is not an available choice, investors demand infinite growth, which is what's killing this industry, it's why Bioware became the frankenstein monster it is today that doesn't stand out in any way.

>You talk as if EA was this logical, calculating machine.
I'm only talking from a business standpoint, and EA killing devs like ants is what I'm basing things on. EA's mismanagement is the reason for many of their studios' games being bad and flopping, but that's a different matter.

>I'm only talking from a business standpoint
Which EA is fucking awful at, that's why most of the franchises they have are dead.
Mass Effect, Crysis, Mercenaries, Medal of Honor, Dead Space, Ultima...
All franchises that are completely fine and that they are either being let to rot away, or they were killed by their "logical" business decisions, such as filling Dead Space 3 with microtransactions.

>Is Bioware dying?
Is this post from 2011?

Doing surprisingly well, but the whole studio can't live off that

I don't think EA can shut down bioware, all they will have left is battlefield and sports

>No, but then again, the ones making Andromeda was Montreal, which was shut down
Well that's another studio shutting down in the middle of a project.
>which one is the third
DA4, dude, it started in 2015. And EA scrapped it all and made them start over recently, and now the lead staff has left. It's in fucking limbo right now.
>Not really, they might have turned the sports audience into microtransaction whales
Bioware has proven they cannot make profit off this market so far. They had 3 games in development before the first flop (Andromeda) came out. They only have 1 game right now and EA is panicking like hell about it.
>Yeah, making a living out of DLC.
BFH DLC is coming out even in 2018 so I'm not sure they made that game's dlc and their list of works doesn't mention them, despite mentioning BF3's dlc. So they probably were working on Star Wars for 2+ years, we had trailers after all.
>We'll see in a few months, the one doing it now isn't Farage.
Obviously, Farage stepped down as the head of UKIP almost inmediately after brexit's victory. It's been 3 years and there's no actual brexit yet. You can't blame me for being skeptic.
>Any boost is good enough compared to none at all.
What part of "irrelevant due to being a flop" did you miss? It doesn't make Bioware not a liability.
>Tell that to EA
The guys who cancelled Andromeda's DLC? The guys who removed Anthem's staff and placed them into DA4's after Anthem flopped? The guys who casually made Bioware make 3 games at the same time yet now haven't announced anything for the future of Bioware after DA4? Basically, EA already had their decision before the first flop even happened. This is them right now suffering and panicking, hoping DA4 proves that third time's the charm.
>Is EA known for being logical?
Regarding shutting down liabilities (even though said liabilities exist because of EA's incompetence for the most part)? Yes. That's what they're known for the most in the developer world.

That's where their money comes from. At this point Bioware is making them lose money.

I liked ME2's direction to move towards a more action oriented game while having RPG elements
I don't remember much of the story aside from Mirandas huge genitically modified ass.

I gotta go to sleep, see ya all.

>Bioware has proven they cannot make profit off this market so far.
They have, logically, they would have redirected them to make RPGs, don't you think?

>The guys who removed Anthem's staff and placed them into DA4's after Anthem flopped?
Yes, those same guys.
You make a failure of a game, and you are inmediatly put to work on a similar one.
Very logical.

>What part of "irrelevant due to being a flop" did you miss?
What part of "better than none at all" did you?

>That's what they're known for the most in the developer world.
They also could afford to choose.
Not anymore.

ME3 is better than ME2. ME1 best.

Why does everything in this engine look fucking disgusting?
I mean we shit on ME2 and ME3 a lot but just on visuals alone, comparing Shep to the diaper-assed Andromeda protag was fucking night and day.

Attached: frostbite-3.jpg (1360x767, 63K)

>DA
>live service
Please Bioware, ffs don't do this. No one wants DA anthem.

EA doesn't care about what you want.

What is a live service game?

Wtf happened? Was it EA squeezing their balls or was it just the lack of talent and vision leading to terrible games?

Attached: 1550609601559.gif (266x259, 567K)

But EA surely can see the futility in this. Inquisition made money and it didn't have live service. Anthem fucking failed miserably, just give me my fucking sp RPG you ea jew FUCKS, it's the only Bioware game I'm looking forward too at this point.

According to Kotaku it was actually the latter. They went back and forth aimlessly for years and years. Some guy who is usually in charge of Dragon Age came to help so that they can actually push *something* out and be done with it before returning to DA agian.

Andromeda could look good at times, mostly in natural enviroments.
The not-Citadel looked awful and there were glitchy textures.
Characters themselves also looked bad, but armor looked pretty good.
It was a very inconsistent game visually.

Attached: MassEffectAndromeda_2017_04_15_06_23_04_503.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

Probably a mixture of both. Bioware was great up till DA2, and were still decent until Andromeda, and I don't really hate any of their games I've played. Making DA4 like anthem though will murder that last tiny glimmer of my hope though.

It's like they spent years working on the environment/atmosphere then remembered they needed to work on characters.

I counted DA 2 as a fluke but what really made me lose respect for them was DA: I. That game was just garbage. Then Andromeda came out and Bioware was just dead to me.

I didn't like Inquisition as much as previous DA games but it was okay to me. Last DLC for it was great though.

what the fuck guys your slipping. I made a thread about this yesterday

youtube.com/watch?v=8VqsBwcUTN0

Attached: jeremy4.jpg (1096x627, 168K)

I hated the companions and the open world got really boring really quick. Also many of the quests were mmo tier. Also the story wasn't as interesting to me as previous games.

That's exactly what happened, actually.
The game was in development for 5 years.
The first 3 all they did was work on the combat, driving and map generation because the writers couldn't decide what they wanted to do.
They were also working on procedurally generated planets and flying ships, but this was scrapped because they simply decided they couldn't find a way to make it even remotely fun.
The actual game, the story, the characters, missions, all of that was made in little more than a year.
When the game was announced back in 2015, there was still not a single mission made, there wasn't even a composer, and the devs were still testing spaceflight mechanics.

You can see this in the game because the plot is awful, the story is generic with no branching paths (has literally only one ending, not even a choice between three options like at the end of 3, it's a linear game.)
And yet the combat and driving is actually not bad.
There are some bad decisions like letting you just change your class (Soldier, Vanguard...) at any moment because this prevents any enemy from countering you, and since you can mix all classes and make your own custom one, you can just choose whatever abilities you want and be OP as fuck, but the combat itself is not bad, the levels are even made with the jetpack in mind let you run around and be agressive, unlike in previous ME games where you had to take cover no matter what.
The driving itself is good, it's much better than the Mako in every way, but that's mostly because they got the NFS devs to handle the driving.

It's very frustrating, because if Andromeda had the story, characters and missions at the level of the previous ME games, it would be the best of the franchise by far.
Although, even then, Andromeda would still feel cheap because this game's entire existence is due to ME3's ending.

Attached: MassEffectAndromeda_2017_04_14_20_07_14_787.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

What you say is true, but it was still fun for me. They also did Dragon fights much better than Skyrim, I remember one of those fuckers on hard diff when I was only 2 levels under it took about an hour to kill.

The places I liked most in Andromeda were the vaults. Some of them were fucking fantastic looking.

Inquisition was a single player MMO. I fucking hated it because it was a multiplayer game with no multiplayer.
Unironically, DA4 will probably turn out better if it's online and multiplayer.

They were okay, although in my opinion they dragged on forever, those levels were just way too long, not to mention that activating those three pillars beforehand was always boring.
I liked the frost planet, although it was a pain in the ass that it's covered in a blizzard until you complete the vault.

Attached: MassEffectAndromeda_2017_03_24_10_43_46_421.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

At this point, all I want is for DA4 to be fun, and to not force you into helping them end slavery in Tevinter or some shit. I also want Tevinter to look good, especially as I grind Solas's head into it's sands.

The game did have some gorgeous locations and skyboxes but it's a shame that there's like 5 of them compared to the 30 or so that ME has.

The most shocking thing about the abysmal failure of Anthem (and Andromeda before it) was that it had little, if anything, to do with EA. Nearly every single decision made during production and development was made solely by Bioware leadership. Said leadership flipflopped and waffled on many core design decisions of Anthem, not even settling on the game being a loot shooter at all until sometime in 2017.

Originally every planet was supposed to be explorable, then they got rid of procedurally generated planets and decided to make 30.
And when development still didn't advance, they downscaled that again to 5.

Attached: MassEffectAndromeda_2017_03_27_10_24_32_316.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

I think it's just because the ending became a meme and many people who are new and haven't played Mass effect just latch on to that

It's because the ending is fucking terrible compared to the rest of the game, and it makes it look better in comparison.

An unfinished game at release which they can update and prop up with microtransactions if it's a success and just abandon if it flops

bioware died with DA2
i still remember playing the demo for that game and going "holy SHIT preorder cancelled" because of how bad everything about it was, and i still thank whatever decent human bean at bioware it was who managed to release a demo showing how that shit was not worth $5 let alone $70 + mandatory "Like us on Facebook to receive 'free' DLC!" marketing scam. I assume that guy resigned from the company right after he warned us.

>Bioware Creative director jumps ship
>Writer leaves after 17 years
>Lead animator leaves also after 17 years
What? When did these things happen?

It didn't, user is making it up.

>complains that bioware has gone to shit
>all the people that made it shit are leaving
What are you crying about?

>Mass Effect 3 was twice as successful as ME2 and is the best selling entry in the series.
It also had the biggest shitstom in the series if you're old enough to remember that.

How long till EA finally kill bioware?

Attached: EA-tan by FumaFu.png (1400x1400, 792K)

It has been dead for a while. This is the last spasm, the death throes of a heaving, ugly beast that is long since overdue to be forgotten.

They will make more money off a remastered Mass Effect 1,2 & 3 Trilogy than anything else Bioware does in the next 15 years.

While this is true and I don't disagree. Now you also social media influencers and gaming news youtubers like yongyea, thequartering, jimquisition and angry joe reaching out to turbo normies like never before and every other video they do is either ripping on ea, activision or lootboxes. The attacks on ea is more constant than ever and it's coming from all sides and mediums. Before that it was mostly on gaming forums.

in my opinion their best stuff wasn't even their own IPs. meh. then again I haven't played anything from them in almost 8 years.

>Mass Effect was always bigger than DA.
>all 3 sold less than DA:O
>bigger

Attached: 1559611371600.gif (220x262, 145K)

This is the ship diversity made.

The thing with diversity hiring is people will say they are in favor of it but the moment it puts the company at risk they will swap to another one.

They spent too long deliberating about design decisions that would most please Twitter trannies and not enough time on actually making a solid game.

Bud that was the debate all the way back in 2012. You have some selective ass memory because for every poster that said "it was bad overall" you had faggots saying "me3 was good until the ending," or "At least it was better than 2" to even "it's the best of the the three"
It wasn't till about 2015 or later that it finally shifted to: "yeah it's all garbage" and that likely had more to do with the fags defending it in 2012 sobering up.

Attached: 1562639792056.png (720x400, 123K)

The problem with game studios shutting down is the staff get to find work elsewhere. Ideally they should be all shot to leave to trace of their bullshit.

No they didn't

>EA keeps Bioware carcass around because its name only
>Bioware becomes a laughing stock after several blunders
I think dumb EA suits finally realized they dont need Bioware anymore, took them long enough

mate, even the out dated wikis:
>DA:O: 3.2 million units by February 2010, 6.6 by July
>Mass Effect: 1.2 million with no discoled numbers after that other than a claim it would clear 2 million units by March 2008
>Mas Effect 2: 2.5 million after 6 months
>Mas Effect 3: 3.1 and it just stop dead after that

ME3 could have smoked DA:O but I wager the ending nixed that hope, but DA2 even beats 1 and 2 with 3 just barely passing it's day one sales.

Didnt Inquisition sold a lot too? Bioware bragged about sales back then

Attached: post when DA4 flops.png (642x868, 102K)

I'm still really sad about dragon age 2. all the things that made dragon age origins good was stripped away in the sequel. dragon age 3 is technically better then 2, but both of them are soulless and completely miss what made the original a masterpiece

yes it was the best selling Dragon Age but they don't note that:
1. it was on two more platforms than DA:O and DA2
2. That it cleared only about 0.8 million more than DA:O in a year's time, which while impressive, it was on serious discount more than once after the 6 month mark. At launch it was doing DA2 numbers of about 2.3~2.8 million

It's like how Anthem sold more than Mass Effect 3 by a few hundred thousand, they prop it up as a success but really it's a sign of weak/no growth

These numbers don't seem realistic.
There's no way Dragon Age: Origins out sold Mass Effect 2, if it had Bioware wouldn't have thrown Dragon age 2 under the bus to work on Mass Effect 3.

DA:O is one of the best rpgs of all time, and it was insanely accessible/appealing for people who don't usually play rpgs. There's really no secret why it sold so much

Dragon Age Origins had balls. Fucking thing gave you the opportunity to rape/molest an elf, kill a demon possessed kid, fuck a demon for power, break party members convictions and then kill them anyway. DA 2 and Inquisition was just binary "yes" or "no" lifted from Mass Effect 1 that was so garbage, most quests in DA:O had 4 or more ways to end. Mass Effect 1 was just A or B at best and you never really felt like it changed anything with what you picked, everyone still treated you the same and everything happen as usual, you had nothing like the landsmeet where you could get to see a major antagonist have a fucking meltdown because you outplayed him or watch as the whole nation stands with him while you have to fight them to follow you, no instead in mass effect you get three games of the dumbest political figures in history.

Attached: 1514438602352.gif (458x480, 352K)

The environments are the only thing that looked good. A lot of the armor has this awful... "rubbery" quality to it that permeates pretty much everything in the engine.

>Dragon age 2 under the bus to work on Mass Effect 3.
what are you talking about? They took team members from ME1 and 2 to work on DA2. They rushed DA2 out for sales alone.
> to work on Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3 didn't even keep the same lead writer, how can you fucking look at EA pulling that and going "yeah it must be doing well"

Attached: 1539604125292.jpg (540x720, 48K)

I'm not saying it's not a great game.
All I'm saying is if it performed better than Mass Effect 2 Bioware wouldn't have treated Dragon Age 2 the way they did.
Also who the hell relies on a wiki for sales numbers?

DA:O and ME2 are the last two Bioware games that had the risk of 90% of your party dying

you should know by now that if EA really treats an IP bad it was because of sales it made, just look at Apex Legends.

>Mass Effect 3 didn't even keep the same lead writer
Yes it did Mac Walters was the lead for 2 and 3.
Karpyshyn was replaced extremely early on in the development stages of Mass Effect 2.

>no instead in mass effect you get three games of the dumbest political figures in history.
everyone was just fucking dumb in ME
>we need proof of your claims
>I had Dreamz!

I was all but dying at that point. Some random ass solder's dreams were being presented as a serious threat to society? Then a few hours later when they just took a audio file with no good context as proof their best man went rouge it then made sense what was going on: the universe became retarded after being exposed to light speed travel.

he was a co lead sharing with Drew because Drew was pulled off during production

which only further shows how the brand was really doing in EA's eyes.

> they just took a audio file with no good context as proof their best man went rouge

meanwhile in Dragon age you need:
an Arl of authority in the land
Rescue the Queen of the land and get her to side with you
free three witness from the dungeons to share the evil they saw or experienced Loghain commit
find paper documents in the Alienage proving of his treason
and you still need to pass a multi tier conversion check with the nobles in power

People are fucking blind to think EA was the major factor of Bioware's fall, they were having some serious de-evolving issues iun terms of writing and scripting.

>but my waifus!

You clearly don't know shit mate. At one point you claim that mass effect 3 didn't even keep the same lead writer as mass effect 2. When this is shown to be patently false you backtracked to the co writer claim.

Look at the user reviews on metacritic.
>inb4 who cares what rating they get
I'm talking about the number of reviews. For Mass Effect 2 across all platforms: 8987
metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-2
metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/mass-effect-2
metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-2

For Dragon Age origins: 5414
metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dragon-age-origins
metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dragon-age-origins
metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-origins

If Dragon age origins actually sold more copies it'd have more user reviews.

They'll rush out DA and then EA will announce their disbanding. Then we'll get a Mass Effect FTP-MMO-FPS and that'll be it for Bioware's IPs.

>If Dragon age origins actually sold more copies it'd have more user reviews.
There is no way that even Yea Forums can be this stupid.

>Anthem is a farming simulator

first time i heard this. i thought it was a shitty no drops no endgame grinding simulator

ME3 sold over six million copies. ME1 and ME2 together sold eight million. Given how their opening figures compared, it's probably ME1: 4 million, ME2: 5 million, ME3: 6 million.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect#Sales
MEA has unknown but its digital sales were the highest of any ME game and its opening quarter physical sales were the second highest after ME3, so probably around ME2/ME3 numbers overall.

>If Dragon age origins actually sold more copies it'd have more user reviews

Anyone can make two word reviews mate, Anthem is the best selling Bioware game to date but has a good 40k less reviews.

you are just reaching mate and you know it.

Attached: 1436431443407.jpg (537x667, 158K)

It's not unusual for basically everyone in a studio to be replaced over the years because people leave but what is unusual is this mass-leaving during ongoing developments (AGAIN) which just means the dev process is a nightmare yet again. EA may be the ultimate cause of this shit but it's BW's own fault for selling themselves out to them. They could barely keep their image up for a few games after it and now it's just dead

Does Bioware even have a project that could pull them out of this situation?

>you are just reaching mate and you know it.
I'm not the one claiming that Dragon Age origins sold more copies than Mass Effect 2

>At one point you claim that mass effect 3 didn't even keep the same lead writer as mass effect 2.
to split hairs user it didn't, Drew was the sole lead until he was pulled off, their is news you can bring up that talk about this back in 09.

>If Dragon age origins actually sold more copies it'd have more user reviews

Come on user even if this is bait this is really weak...

Attached: 1453210622178.jpg (680x680, 64K)

>dying
it depends if a vegetable carcass is alive for you

yes
Good riddance.

Attached: EA victims.jpg (995x1928, 131K)

>dying
its been dead for at least a solid decade
they're only still around because they get good boy points on the sjw controlled social media for ea

>all the things that made dragon age origins good was stripped away in the sequel

Because of this and my general dislike for ARPGs, I avoided DA2 like the plague for 5 years. Then I brought myself to play it before Inquisiton, and I was genuinely surprised. Despite the serious flaws, I had a lot of fun. DA3's offline MMORPG features gave me PTSD though.

The combo ME3, DA2 y SWTOR was the end.

It did mate, the data is out there and it's been shown and the best you got is reviews collected from games back when EA was notorious for seeding bots into said reviews and shit. But even if they are all legit a free site letting people review shit is dubious at best as an indicator of sales. As already noted there are games that have way less reviews that we know outsold Mass Effect 2 so your bad defense is already done.

Bioware has been dead for a long time, dummy. You idiots need to learn that when you replace people behind a name it's no longer that name. The name solely exists for companies to trick gullible retards into thinking it represents the original company and people that gave you ____ which you enjoyed. It's legal somehow but you retards still fall for it.

By that logic Fallout New Vegas out sold 3 (it didn't) and Fallout 3 out sold 4 (it didn't)

also people can review shit they never bought or played. Or did you forget the infamous bot spamming of the 10s?
pic related was my favorite blunder of that

Attached: sURQd.jpg (1600x2702, 677K)

>the data is out there
Where? so far all we've seen is some faggots dubious wiki claim. Which also included Mass Effect sales, which are contested by this anons wiki claim which he actually linked, unlike the first faggot.

>Baldurs gate is Larian's hands
Is this suppose to be a good thing?

god I remember that
>all those North Koren and Syria signatures
I joke someone got fired but I'm pretty sure they just let bots run the bots

Attached: 1531281529700.jpg (640x480, 61K)

>BioWare died while making Mass Effect 2
FTFY

Bioware was already on the dead bed while making the first ME. EA simply added more years.

Fucking this, Mass Effect was their weakest title yet but Space and waifu fags ignored how bad it was until it smacked them across the face with it's stench
Anyone that play Jade Empire before going into Mass Effect could tell you they were getting worse with everything from writing to technical work but I guess alien tits trump everything. and to think some people wonder how incel became a meme.

My logic was bad, I admit, but it was actual data unlike the bold claim that DA: Origins out sold Mass Effect 2.
Also Fallout 4 has twice the user reviews of Fallout 3 and New Vegas has less than 3.

>Anyone that play Jade Empire
not a lot of people did since all you could play was Asians and that weirded westerners out really bad.

different user but the fact you care this much if it old more or not is just as bad logic.
who gives a shit?
both started good and sold well and both crashed and burned. for all you know user is just shitposting for (You)s to keep the thread up

There was never a good ME, captain shit taste.

MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA 2 My face is tired cringefest boogaloo

They should have just made Anthem a ME spin-off. Just the name and background story would have given them a sales boost and warmer reception.
I am truly baffled at the EA suits failing to capitalize on this.

I never touched ME or Inquisition multiplayer, thats not why I bought an RPG for
A looter by Bioware, no matter if you strap Garrus and Wrex faces on it, is always going to be a bad idea

Honestly Mass Effect looter shooter would have sold a lot better than fucking Anthem.
The executives must be actual downies or something.

>creative director, writer and lead animator leaves
Fake, nu-bioware never had those

Most people in EA's top positions know fuck all about vidya.

I only heard about one of those things happening, did I miss a lot of shit?

No the two producers are the only real ones.
The others are all from two or three years ago

>you now remember Anthem was supposed to be the Bob Dylan of video games

Attached: 1518213757888.jpg (324x265, 20K)