Jesus fucking christ where are the good video games...

Jesus fucking christ where are the good video games. I thought I just grew out of them since I've enjoyed almost no new release in like 5 years. But I still like video games, and I'm discovering new ones to play and enjoy, but they're all older. Not even properly retro, just not released recently. Where the fuck are the good releases. Honestly, where? Is there some secret place where all the good games get published?
>Elder Scrolls hasn't been good since Morrowind
>Total War hasn't been good since Medieval 2
>4X genre hasn't been good since Civ 5 (Which was 9 fucking years ago)
>Grand Strategy hasn't been good since Victoria 2
>Dwarf Fortress is going into the big wait
>RTS genre is dead
>Half-Life 3 is never coming out
>Path of Exile is good but ARPG genre is dead otherwise
>Platforming adventure games a la Psychonauts is dead

WHERE
ARE
THE
VIDEO
GAMES

Attached: 1493110833104.jpg (482x427, 61K)

Attached: reginald.jpg (750x409, 138K)

Indie games are really the only good games nowadays. Hell maybe in a couple years triple AAA games will become great again.

The 55 year old banking miser who has never touched a videogame in his life saw the dollar signs, and is now calling the shots in shareholder meetings across the industry.
Welcome to Hollywood 2.0. Videogames are mainstream.

Attached: 1535855120098.jpg (234x215, 7K)

Hi, Reginald

>no game with custom servers anymore
>people barely cared when custom servers started to disappear
>now you can get banned by doing anything "offensive", you can't have a server with goofy maps/mods and all those games have skinner box tier microtransactions to jew you out of your money
Don't worry bro, it's not you.

stop looking for AAA resurrected franchise releases with megamarketing, dig a little you lazy cunt

This. The indies are usually pretty good since they'd go under without your shekels, but every so often you see a AAA game shine.

>Nier Automata
>Risk of Rain 2
>Into the Breach
the only games released in the past 3 years I think were solid games, 2 of them indie games and the other weeb nippon game

>elder scrolls hasn't been good since morrowind
>total war hasn't been good since medieval 2
>shit games nobody cares about
>PoE shill

Guess how I know you don't actually play video games.

Have you tried edf yet? Have you tried lobotomy corporation? Have you tried ace combat 7, transformers devastation, or hell, even fuckmothering gun metal? You seem to be hung up on pc, release dates and AAA, have you considered alternatives, like older games, AA, A or even indie games? Have you considered console games? There are many games out there, and dismissing entire genres, platforms and generations of them is pure folly. you have to find the ones that suit YOUR tastes. Oh, and as always, pirate before you buy it.

dont worry Death Stranding will save us

Attached: take off the rose tinted glasses, videogames are better than ever.jpg (1796x1638, 1.29M)

Stop being a picky retard.

Nigger did you even read my post? I was asking about specifically new releases, saying I was only enjoying older games. So yes, I've considered alternatives. But of course, my list included such AAA games such as Psychonauts and Dwarf Fortress.

Where? I sometimes find indie games I enjoy. I liked Kerbal Space Program, although once they got rich it quickly went to shit and development was abandoned. Banished was also good. But both those games are over 5 years old at this point.

Considering the thread is about games released in the last 5 years, I feel bad for you that the list includes gems such as Minecraft Story Mode, Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront and Alien Isolation. But yes, some of those games I did enjoy, but my point still stands. There seems to be fewer good games.

>want to play a few rounds of Counterstrike
>remember that it’s all just de_dust2: the game with tryhard mlgpro faggots and 3rd worlders
I want to go back. It hurts

>Fallout 4
>Overwatch
>COD AW, IW & Ghost
>NBA 2k
>Mafia III
>Bioshock Infinite
>GTA V
>Destiny
>Dark Souls II
>FIFA
>Dead Rising 4
Yikes

there's less AAA, AA, and A games over all. but honestly, the point is that most new games are being made for a different demographic than you, or even I, which makes finding good games a pain in the ass, as even half decent ones are heavily flawed.
Also, >implying psychonauts wasn't AAA at the time of it's release on the og XBOX HUEG
I know some people don't remember, and even then the hyping shit up wasn't as common, or as overblown as it is today, but it was a pretty fucking big deal back then. being a schafer game and all.

>replying to such awful bait
why, user?

The question still stands, where do I find games I enjoy then? I don't just want to complain, I want to find some video games to play. Sure, I can play old classics, and I have been. It's been super fun, and it spurred my interest to look at what's new and exciting. But it's all the same derivative and boring trash. Even looking at indie games I'm having a hard time finding new good ones. I've got Indie games I love, Don't Starve, World of Goo, Super Meat Boy, Cuphead, Papers Please, Prison Architect, and FTL But of all those only Cuphead is recent.

It's like gaming died in just the last few years. It used to be bait saying that gaming was dead in 2015, but it seems to have become true over night. Just in the last 3-5 years a shift seems to have taken place.

Hello Metro dept.

Dude, Metro Exodus is the best game I’ve played this year. Have you tried it / the series?

Attached: 9068E29A-1A78-4C21-9831-9440C9C7BEBF.jpg (460x215, 50K)

try GOG, try steam, try amazon, hell, two out of those three have enough filter options for you find something that interests you personally. it's also worth mentioning that there are likely older games that you aren't aware of that would interest you too, I would recommend starting with filtering by genre, then reading synopses, then looking at videos to actually see the gameplay. also, just stay away from AAA for the foreseeable future, people that play videogames with any kind of seriousness are no longer the primary demographic for them, and far too many publishers have show their true colors as being utterly greedy, even to the detriment of game quality.

Attached: It's not nostalgiafagging if it's true..jpg (1793x922, 702K)

Why bother with games when you can just fap and get a much better feeling?

Yes, I really enjoyed Metro 2033, it's probably my favorite recent shooter. Loved the atmosphere, especially with original Russian voice acting. I also tried Last Light but it felt just like more of the same, rather than something new and interesting, so I never finished it. Might give it another shot, since you gave Exodus such a great review.

>They unironically think that image wasn't being sarcastic
I'm really glad I don't have autism

>4x hasn't been good since Civ 5
Endless Space 2 and Dominions 5
>Total War hasn't been good since Medieval 2
Shogun 2, WH and TK are all just as good as Medieval 2
>RTS genre is dead
no it isn't
just because it will never be as popular as it was during the age of Blizzard and CnC doesn't make it dead
>Path of Exile is good but ARPG genre is dead otherwise
ARPG=/=lootnigger games
Just play EYE or M&B

But it's Wednesday

Because the industry went from a bunch of nerds making a game they thought was fun or interesting to corporations/companies trying to pursue the most money out of a product.

fuck, you made me look, have this (you)

I see your problem, you enjoy absolute snoozefests like grand strategies and RTS, not surprised your favourite TES is morrowind

Sekiro, retard. The next generation of anime gameplay and storytelling

>WHERE
>ARE
>THE
>VIDEO
>GAMES
on our backlogs. you still have at least 1000 hours worth. I know I do.

Patgologic 2 is the only one I can think of
And of course it was a flop so a lot of people are unaware of it which is incredibly unfortunate.

Attached: 1564605027958.jpg (1600x1473, 2.47M)