Celeste is, without doubt, one of the worst games ever mad-

>Celeste is, without doubt, one of the worst games ever mad-

Attached: Celeste 7c .webm (1280x720, 2.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

superhookgirl.noob.jp/download
youtube.com/watch?v=dT1pZrWwOT0
youtube.com/watch?v=xAUun0qKlo4
youtube.com/watch?v=DQjAPWWgdwM
youtube.com/watch?v=gllr_kZTvek
twitter.com/celeste_game/status/1162141192148021249
youtube.com/watch?v=bTPT2kv6PXw
youtube.com/watch?v=b_oEDGONSc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's hard for no reason

great level design bruh

>it's another 'everything is spikes' """platformer"""
hard pass

>DUDE SPIKES LMAO

>game only has one way to beat the level and requires you to do it exactly in one way

Attached: 1517866884_mona.jpg (750x814, 158K)

wow too bad nintendo isn't based enough for this kind of epic level design, truly the peak of platformers

Inb4 abortions

>for no reason

Attached: 352-3522878_zoom-bait-company-logo.jpg (820x381, 111K)

Who are you quoting?

Yea Forums

Game’s cringe. It’s on the banned list.

i hate pure platformers, action platformer or fuck off

This is the only level like this right?

HEY GAMERS HAVE WE GOT A BRAND NEW GAME YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE
That's right! It's a platformer! Just like those classics you know and love! Mario! Sonic!
But this time, it's got a twist! You won't believe it. First of all, when you jump? You can do it twice. Bet you never, ever seen something like that. Oh and besides that? You can dash. Mega Man X? Never heard of it! Dashing totally changes EVERYTHING, ignore that games have been doing it, doing it better and with superior mechanics and design in tandem for decades before we came around because WE JUST INVENTED IT! But wait, it gets better.

We closely analyzed all the classic games, studied their methods of art creation, observed the use of certain types of CRTs, half-dot techniques, dithering and composite artifacting to consider how all the best looking classic 2D games are made and you know what? WE DISREGARDED EVERYTHING
That's right, we're indie rebels and we're re-inventing the rulebook!

Now look, play our games that proudly shout from the top of the hill the exact same messages journalists are trying to sell you and even mainstream releases are packing into their projects. Don't like it? FUCK YOU WOMAN HATER that's right, the girls are playing games now, uh-huh, sassy teniesha will now snap and bob her head left and right at you. That's right. Deal with it, BIGOTS. Makes me sick sometimes.

Attached: my nose is so FUCKING RED.png (500x500, 107K)

Attached: 1565927504821-v.png (1367x631, 47K)

>it's another episode of "Everything is spikes"
the absolute state of """Platforming""" games

Who on Yea Forums?
You know it's not just one person right?

>I MADS THIS THREAD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: W1560743477533.jpg (609x453, 34K)

This webm singlehandedly made me lose all interest in this spike game.

This is like a puzzle/memory/reflex test. I don't see how this is bad design. praytell, those criticizing it, what is a better platformer with better level design then?

Mario sunshine. Watch speedruns if you dont understand how brilliant it is.

There needs to be more puzzles somewhat similar to this.

Tired of 123_5 tier puzzles. Just give me short mini games or more complex puzzles.

>Get 90% of the way through Environmental Station Alpha
>Admiring how the game managed to avoid instadeath platforming segments, and instead relied on clever use of the grappling hook and limited jumps to get places
>Unlock the infinite boost, killing any reason to use any of your other platforming tools
>"hey here's some new spikes seen nowhere else in the game; they kill you instantly. Here's a room made of nothing but them."

Attached: 13381255_251851691873338_64293522_n.jpg (320x320, 15K)

Nobody ever said that. Some people just think it's overrated, which it is.

you can't just say one of the worst user.

how the fuck is this a puzzle

>Mario sunshine
You managed to pick one of two Mario games with worse level design than Celeste.

Attached: Pachinko-Sunshine.webm (712x480, 1.43M)

Does anyone find this actually fun to play? You know the level is hard and bullshit and you could better spend your time playing something else.

Still a lame Super Meat Boy knockoff with lower quality sprites.
> Watching a bunch of smelly autists breaking the game will show you how brilliant it is
Kek

>pixel-perfect platforming
cuh-ringe
just play one of the 10000 IWBTG clones if you want shit like this, at least those can be funny and inventive

What's the other?

It's underrated, though.

> cherry picking one secret level that you probably wouldn't even run into in a non-completionist run

>cherrypicking

Attached: Chuckster.gif (400x218, 702K)

>Super Meat Boy knockoff
super meat boy is a borderline plagiaristic ripoff of the creator of celeste's earlier game, jumper. in fact, the main character of jumper is literally in SMB as an unlockable character.

Attached: jumper.png (320x240, 1K)

>BING! BING! WAHOO!

mario sunshine runs out of steam really quickly. Most levels are too empty and devoid of challenge to be interesting, most of the challenge comes from sheer tedium. It's such a miserable game to play - the only people who like it are those who have it as their first 3D Mario. No game should be this tedious and boring.

>ITT: retards who can't get gud
I laugh at every one of you.

Attached: 1550796001850.jpg (401x333, 116K)

Your fault for talking to him in the wrong place. By this point in the level you already got to practice the chucker mechanic in a 'safe' environment so you should know exactly what's gonna happen when you talk to him.

>implying I would ever, ever play this pile of garbage

Well, too bad for them. They got outdone hard by Team Meat. Even 10 years later they can't compete.

Just because you're shit at jumping doesn't mean the level designs bad

You need to make it more puzzle like.

Kinda like that bomb defusal mini game on dead to rights

But you are right, I couldn't stomach this for to long.

Why can't anyone pixelate anything in a way that looks nice anymore?

>Celeste is utter and absolute shi-

Attached: Celeste Platforming.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>playing a casual double jump dash former
play a real game

I don't like puzzle platformers, generally.

choke on it, steakmund

falling asleep here man

Attached: monsterboy.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

She's climbing a mountain with no experience or training. You ever do that? That shit is hard.

Yes, some people like to go up against hard challenges because they enjoy the feeling of satisfaction that comes from mastering the mechanics and tactics required to surpass the challenge. That said, it's not for everyone. A lot of people would prefer a more manageable challenge with a smoother curve for learning things, and then there are even some people who prefer not to be challenged at all.

I'm not going to say that this game is good or bad because of the challenge level, just that the challenge level of this game and games like it are going to naturally appeal to some people while also simultaneously turning off a lot of other people. That's just one of the inherent things of the medium, you can't please everyone because everyone has their own tastes.

It is what it is. Celeste, mechanically, seems like a game that is good for what it is, but what it is isn't going to be for everyone.

the level design here doesn't exactly look much better
fantastic art though

Based as fuck.

WOOOOAHHH

SOOO MANY SPIKES

IT'S LIKE I'M A REAL HARDCORE GAMER

Attached: numale.png (454x520, 13K)

It's much better and requires far better mechanical mastery, system mastery and reflexes. It's a great challenge way better than dude spikes lmao

how about elaborating in your own words you fucking mongoloid

Celeste is söy repellent.

Suck my dick Matt. Celeste is just Super Meat Boy with clunker controls and without the soul and good level design.

well it's a good thing it isn't one then you fucking mensa member.

Climbing the mountain
never coming down
Break into the contents
Never falling down

you're joking right?

DUNNING KRUGER

Yeah, and I Wanna Be the Guy isn't either. Fucking tard.

is it really a platformer if there's no platforms in it?

That really doesn't look fun. I'll stick with VVVVVV.

but celeste looks great?

Still kind of weird to see my webm get posted in like every Celeste thread nowadays.

>small, shitty horrible looking pixel shit
>Spikes everywhere but where you're meant to go
yeah great level design dipshit.

This looks so tedious compared to something like hollow knight

Cringe.

is this game even considered a platformer anymore?

yeah, needs more corridors and simpler challenges, hollow shite did it so well having straight lines for me to follow.

LOL it has some of the laziest most generic indie pixel art around. it looks awful.
Owlboy looks great, Iconoclasts looks great, Eastward looks great.
Celeste is pure shit.

Attached: 06.png (1920x1080, 295K)

isn't this game made by that tranny freak of the past VGA?

So you're the one who didn't turn off that cancerous screen shake effect?

This.

Zoom zoom

Attached: Path of Pain 2.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

yeah, they're all massively higher res though. whats even the point of pixel art in a game like Eastward? It might as well just be flash animated

Looks really basic.

Yes. The game gradually shifts from a standard platformer to introduce advanced movement mechanics, then shifts the advanced stages to incorporate them more and more. 7-c is notorious about this in that it's one of the longest stages with the longest movement sections without breaks, you have to complete it in one go.

I never noticed it and it never bothered me after people pointed it out, so I didn't care. Turn it off in your game if you want.

double jump platformers really are boring to watch. They really padded the length with these poorly done traversal sections, didn't they?

that screen shake is annoying

I thought that nose was his mouth at first. Much funnier that way.

that's a normal resolution for competent pixel artist.
Celeste is just tiny pixelshit made by retards.

Attached: DsJMTbWWsAE5wM8.jpg (1024x1466, 235K)

Why does it seems like every indie platformer makes the game super hard?
Is everyone just copying Super Meat Boy?

Its just a sidescroller that looks like something from the 90's?

People unironically like this shit?

Based.

>I played I Want to Be the Guy and I made a shitty knock off

i dont care how common it is, its still pointless. you can barely tell its pixel art unless you look close. pixel art is only actually interesting when they can give things character and uniqueness at a low resolution.
and celeste still looks good, i dont care what you say. although it probably is more the animation that i like rather than the art itself. the game really feels amazing in motion.

Yea Forums is so fucking bad at games. the sight of anything difficult and you all start crying. so fucking funny.

No, not all of them, but this one sure is. It's just an inferior Super Meat Boy knockoff.
Unfortunately yes. I have no idea why out of all the great platformers released today people latched onto this milquetoast borefest, and not something actually interesting like Iconoclasts.

Being difficult doesn't give a free pass for bullshit level design

>I wanna be the abortion
>good
Kek

>the sight of anything difficult and you all start crying.
Ahem.

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (256x330, 55K)

Why did they remove the bird?

Iconoclasts was also pretty shit.

Reminder to everybody in this thread whining about difficulty that the OP vid is an optional side challenge

Also git gud

Attached: 1562702632357.jpg (263x263, 17K)

>you can barely tell its pixel art unless you look close
retard. put your specs on grandpa.

>posting a gameplay clip on Yea Forums in the year of our lord 1920

OP you know that people are just going to pretend it sucks for arbitrary reasons.

Hard platformers like Celeste are LEAGUES above grounded games like Dark Souls. Also Dark Souls isn't even difficult. It was just new.

Oommmmmmmmmgggggggggggg soooooooooooopoo true!

Just admit you're mad about politics and drop the rest of the fucking NOVEL you posted.

Attached: smugpeter.png (380x370, 76K)

So you're just mad that your favorite game got passed up in popularity for another, got it.

Attached: b30.png (394x370, 228K)

this looks like someone in /AGDG/ made it

Why does every faggot who like Celeste say it fucking cured their depression? It's a fucking video game, you were never depressed if this got you out of it.

It at least had soul, decent art, a decent story, and a bunch of good setpiece bossfights, none of which can be said of Celeste

unironically your fault that you don't know how chucksters work at that point of the game much less the level.

Even half the people in AGDG are better artists than this.

> So you're just mad that the food critics passed up a 4-star meal for eating shit out of a dumpster then recommending it to everyone in the gaming industry at the Game Awards
Yes, yes I am.

I can tell you've never played a challenging game in your life.

I haven't even played this game yet but dude, simmer down. Not everything needs to reinvent the mold.

First time I saw it was during GDQ and being amazed that this was the game people were bending over backwards for. The sprite work is terrible, the gameplay, like you’ve pointed out, is cookie cutter and doesn’t do anything particularly well, and the rest is just boring.

>glorified flappy bird

most predictable response of all time.
i can see the pixels fine, the point is theres so much detail that absolutely nothing is gained from it being pixel art. whats the point? old games look like that because of technical limitations. there are zero games that look like Eastward because of technical limitations, it is nothing but a style choice, and it doesnt even emulate any existing work

no just about bad games

Attached: cd.jpg (1615x2048, 201K)

I like Celeste but spike levels like this in modern platformers are fucking shit and they should stop making them

it's a joke in the sense that onions is a meaningless word yeah

Like what? But bother answering, I've already checkmated you.

Yes to see pure shit that took no effort get promoted ahead over unique works of art is pretty awful.

>food analogy

like pottery

Attached: smileman.png (357x300, 60K)

Technically falling into space was an instadeath.

Like in the aftermath of the security overmind fight where you can destroy the floor afterward and plummet to your death.

hard platformers is the goat genre

they only exist for spergs to channel all their autistic energy into, no normal person wants to put themselves through that

Unironically seethe harder faggot.

Attached: dusk yourself my man.png (1080x1299, 812K)

Yeah I don't like that. It's no different than a rhythm game

> like pottery
What did he mean by this?

>He doesn't like rhythm games

Trannyshit

A genre made for wasting your time, forcing you to rerun the same level for dozens of times.

Attached: 1482514795094.jpg (600x462, 27K)

I've never seen a post that perfectly encapsulates why celeste-fags are so annoying.

It's a shame because the first b-side level is pretty good, but all the rest are just anti-fun autism simulators

>completely optional
>game gives you incentive to surpass your limits and to not be scared of failing/dying
>even if you are a complete absolute shitter at the game,you can turn on assist mode and get those fancy stamps

i believe (you) are the one who hates this game for no reason

only if you cant beat it, which is how it should be.

Hey at least you're being honest that you hate the game because of your personal politics. Most the people in here are pretending to hate double jumps so they can take the moral high ground over their hate for the left.

It was legitimately fantastic. That tranny makes some good ass music too.

>it's just another boring challenge that basically boils down to a rhythm game in terms of mental stimulation
play umihara kawase you casual

Attached: uhksf.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

That part is way harder than it looks

What ludo is this?

You just convinced me to never buy it.

>all those FPIs
>that perfect momentum build
>the slope jumps
celeste fags have nothing on this

Hey, isn't this game whose creator bitched about Sekiro being too hard for disabled people? Because this sure looks more punishing than anything in Sekiro.

Celeste is okay. The gameplay is pretty clean, though it is simplistic and gets pretty stale after a while. The spike levels are a clear sign that the devs ran out of new ideas and just tried to throw in some epic gamer moments.

Story sucks though; every character is an insufferable chode who thinks having 5 self-diagnosed mental illnesses that you "overcame" after inventing them makes you cool.

Man, I wanted to love Fresh but it felt like a HUGE step back in a lot of ways
>due to Metroidvania redesign you now do “missions” on the same level over and over again
>most enemies don’t one shot you any more
>physics aren’t as springy and fast
>story gets in the way and isn’t all that interesting
>art style went from comfy old anime to modern flash game

I’ll still beat it at some point but I find myself returning to Sayonara and Shun a lot more.

I beat the main game and I enjoyed it more or less. I don't think I could bring myself to master the challenge levels or go for all the pieces.

>some people like to go up against hard challenges
You are a supreme casual if you think rote memorization via trial and error is "difficult."
Seriously.

It was still a great game I find myself running very often.

Umihara Kawase Fresh

Attached: uhksf3.webm (960x540, 2.79M)

Keep the webms coming.

i'm unironically too casual for the umihara kawase games, they destroy my anus every time i play them

Oh yeah, even at its worst it is still better than a lot of platformers and miles ahead of indie trash like Celeste. I just wish they would have made it closer to the originals instead of a soft reboot.

>t. hipster artfag dropout
You are a cancer.

But dude, Spikes.

That broom is fucking cheating. also is this on PC or should I just emulate the original Snes game?

They do that for a while until you manage to git gud at the controls. It’s an interesting game in the regards that controlling Umi is just as challenging as the levels themselves, but in a good way.

Once you learn to properly use the physics and fishing rod the games open up like crazy and you start to see why it’s such a great little platformer. There’s really nothing like it.

This is wrong, though.

I don't get this. It looks like you're not supposed to touch the spiky walls but she's bouncing on them all the same. Can't even keep the most basic game mechanic straight.

I HATE THE ART STYLE
I HATE IT
I HATE THE CHARACTER ART THE MOST

this game looks so boring.

You aren't supposed to touch the spikes. 7-c is very touchy about how close you can be without dying to them, and it took me a long time to gauge the distance properly.

Pink hair means you have two air dashes left, red hair means one left. Touching a bumper or the ground resets your jumps.

>every character is an insufferable chode
Why do games do this? It started with shitty "localizations" of Japanese games trying to be quirky, but eventually it started showing up in regular English games and now it's all over the place. Why can't we have likeable characters anymore?

It is.

ignore him, he doesn't know about food apology.

dunno what he's talking about cause only one character in the game is truly insufferable, and the characters learn to grow out of their insufferability.

>given enough time to make decisions
>levels are designed in a way that satisfies both speed runners and regular players
>overtime once you understand the gameplay you can speed through levels too

Some people might like this and I'd probably play a level or 2 before i'd get bored. With the amount of muscle memory needed to beat levels, i'd probably just play a rhythm game, or just play something more fast paced like hotline miami.

go to bed and back to your contaminent place.

I didn't mind a style shift. I think the only place they can really go with the original style of games now is a Kawasemaker, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

The partnership with Success was nice too. Cotton being revived and now getting a remake is such a great sight to see.

Attached: uhksf11.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Based and Hotlinemiamipilled.

Attached: Hotline Miami 2 - Dead Ahead.webm (700x700, 2.86M)

How the FUCK do I git gud at this?

Matt has always made solid games. An untitled story is a great metroidvania and Celeste is a great casual filter

>Padded the length
>With a post-launch patched optional challenge
Yeah sure.

>Why do games do this?
Probably because characters in games reflect the people who wrote them, and half of game developers are themselves *also* insufferable chodes.

OK, I need to play this game. I rarely see games take so much advantage of being a 2d game.

Ten years ago this post would have had 100 replies all shitting on the normalfag casual.

not even close, im a computer science autist. keep having your shitty opinions with no ability to defend them though

>You can dash
>You can change direction
Why is this hard again? It's literally one button gameplay.

Attached: dustfroe.jpg (639x361, 28K)

That's because you don't play many 2D games.

Oh yeah, I was super happy for Cotton fans. I know they are a dedicated bunch so I bet they were ecstatic to get a new Cotton entry.

>Kawase Maker

Oh man, don’t tease me with such nice thoughts. The lack of any more games like Umihara Kawase is what finally got me off my ass and trying to get into video game development. Being able to make our own bizarre Umihara Kawase levels without all the coding work would be wonderful.

You are definitely not wrong

Attached: 1560354153785.png (444x500, 267K)

Is that the meme "almost every single element is death" that indie games do now

Celeste really only opens up once you beat the B sides. You can’t talk shit in the level design if you haven’t at least beat the H sides, let alone the C sides, both of which have far better designed levels than anything in the A sides.

It’s all about mastering your controls, but it can be hell to do that. In Sayonara I have some levels I died on 200+ times before the controls finally sank in and I could zip around the stages like Spider-man.
You should. It’s an extremely underrated series and seems to have fallen into obscurity in Japan as well. It deserves so much more love than it gets, but then, considering the kind of western “fans” popular games can garner and the subsequent censorship that follows, maybe its a good thing it remains niche.

The first step is to try. Eventually you become so good at reading environments, experimenting with different movement in the pendulum of swinging, trying different techniques such as rocket jumping, that you begin achieving things you never thought were possible.

consider trying SHG and New Super Hook Girl. They're completely free and inspired by Kawase. Tough, not very similar in approach or design, and great music. They use the mouse exclusively for controls.
superhookgirl.noob.jp/download
youtube.com/watch?v=dT1pZrWwOT0

Attached: uhksf66.webm (1280x720, 2.19M)

Looks pretty good, I’ll definitely give it a go. Thanks for the recommendation.

Where do I get this game?

Sayonara was my first one and on field I think I died 80 times before getting to a door that was way off on the right side of the area. I refused to use Noko.

It's only on Switch right now, however the first 3 games are on PC and Vita.

The Crab boss is what finally pushed me to understanding all the fishing rod physics and controls. You simply have to know them in and out to beat him. After that I could traverse levels like they were nothing. There’s something super satisfying about getting better at UK.

have celeste haters even played the video game or are they just complaining to complain

Celeste is my favorite game of 2018 by a long shot. I don't understand the mentality of those who dislike it because of muh difficulty, muh spikes, or muh sjw overlords. It has great music, level design, difficulty scaling and was rewarding to 100% and never play again. If you don't like the genre of difficult 2D platformers then just don't play them. I'm a fan personally so I'll grind out and 100% games like Wings of Vi and Cuphead.

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

The field I was thinking of was a later one with all the trampolines. One of which is angled but sideways.
>There’s something super satisfying about getting better at UK.
It, along with shooting games has given me a reawakening.

The latter.

I don't play games that feel like a grind like Celeste. I play ones that are deeply fulfilling like Umihara Kawase.

Celeste has an easy mode and that’s what he was complaining about the lack of in Sekiro.

Meat boy technically existed before jumper

>indie platformer with infinite lives and two picosecond levels

Attached: I'm the trashman.png (300x400, 188K)

Holy shit, that trace job

Attached: bc5fbc797760c0ed8559ba30f9d75809.png (1600x1200, 1.43M)

Celeste is only a grind when beating the optional C-Sides. The main game is casual and each section takes at most three attempts.

Attached: imgbin-wings-of-vi-i-wanna-be-the-boshy-grynsoft-video-game-post-malone-iE0sUF6UHNNn5VdzFQRt2Y3DL.jp (728x701, 105K)

Return of Obra Dinn was the patrician's indie of choice for 2018.

Attached: tfw.png (1280x1483, 41K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xAUun0qKlo4

Attached: 1560176209643.jpg (960x717, 81K)

>Infinite lives is bad

>infinite lives are good

Attached: Casual.gif (270x235, 1.36M)

Oh wow, this is surprisingly well made for a free game. Wonder why the guy who made it decided to make it free?

Also
>dat first level scratching my Christmas itch

It was a student project. It was made by 3 people two guys and a girl who did the music and art. The other two were design and programming. The later levels and challenges get very intense!

unironically git gud, or just admit you don't like platformers.

How the fuck did you beat the fucking statues.

youtube.com/watch?v=DQjAPWWgdwM

Have you actually played it? the levels feel fun with each area developing new concepts that change how you interact with the world and your abilities, and your use of those concepts evolves as you go through each screen. I honestly don't care for games like SMB even if I've 100%'d it because they do feel like grinds, but Celeste oddly always felt perfectly fair and engaging, with only the 2nd set of optional test-your-skill levels being more rigid in how you execute them.

Was one of the hardest walls to get over in the game. Was stuck on them for a stupid amount of time.

>it's hard for no reason
>Hard
This isnt even hard, it's just a series of dashes that are telegraphed seconds ahead of you
It's not even that precise as the game is really lenient with your inputs and collisions.
>For no reason
It's the last screen of the "Hard version" of the "Final" level in the story.
It's supposed to be a test of what you've learnt in the level and applying it. Theres a reason for all of it
Cope and Seethe harder

Attached: 1566292635167.png (478x456, 407K)

Sure, that's fair. I would say that particular level would have been better if there were more to it than follow x path for the sake of getting to the other side of the screen.

Challenge=/=Difficulty

Let me give you an example to make it clear for you. If you think that the words challenge and difficulty are absolutely interchangeable and you're not just asserting that statement to be difficult, then you are probably challenged yourself.

Understood?

I know this is bait, but how is dark souls hard? Is just that people meme'd it was hard when it first came out because it didn't have saves and you can lose exp.

>far better mechanical mastery
>Switching characters to do specific things
>Mechanical mastery
You have played Celeste right? The way everything functinos in that game revolves around momentum and your dashes, theres advanced mechanics you always have that the game even teaches you later that will make you burn past early levels.
Monsterboy is no different from Shantae levels of "Turn to this to X, Turn to this to Y, Turn to this to Z"
More options is cool but unless they aid the game theyre all gimmicks
Freezing enemies is still neat but it's far from a new and interesting mechanic and the level design here doesnt really look challenging or something you need to figure out, its just key for the keyhole shit.

That looks fucking stiff as shit mate, it just has nice art and pretty colours.

Room 1 of 5-c is the real hell.

Attached: 5-c perfect.webm (1280x720, 2.68M)

>Umihara with a fucking air hover
Fuck off this isnt proper Umihara.

>female protagonist
That's gonna be a no from me.

That's Cotton, not Kawase.

One of the worst mario games ever made.

....Just looks like the final level of Cave Story with a boring dash instead of the jetpack.

>it's another "the game is good, but it seems to pander to SJWs so I have to pretend is bad" thread

Attached: 1505321272161m.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

This meme again.
Stop it Yea Forums, it's just the two of us here, you can.drop the act.

I'm sorry but the sprite work is just sandpaper to my eyes since she doesnt have any
Is there anyway to mod this so she has eyes? I'll do it myself if I have to, fucking anything
I have no idea how they think that is an appealing design.

Whatever that thing is it's trite that undermines Umihara's pristine grapplehook gameplay.

At that point just give her a fucking double jump.

Also why did fresh have to get a fuckin hunger meter.

It's a different kind of game, and if you don't know Cotton you shouldn't play UHKS.

>Spikes everywhere level
Can you actually post a good level?

>pretend

It works as a sort of timer

Some of the B-side levels are absolute hell. I don't even remember how I cleared this one, even while watching it.

Attached: fuck this b-side.webm (1280x720, 1.3M)

I guess you can genuinely be wrong too.

Attached: 1556631941264.gif (380x496, 1.73M)

And some of them are a lot of fun when you figure it out.

Attached: badeline.webm (1280x720, 1.86M)

These are giving me PTSD please stop posting them, this game is shit.

Even as I watch the webms posted here I don't even remember if I even did all the B-sides. I'm pretty sure I did everything except the core, because I was already tired of the game by that point.

why design a game when you can just put spikes everywhere

It's a lot of fun and I greatly enjoyed it.

Attached: 7929342342.webm (1280x720, 2.18M)

>literally super meatboy tier levels
I'm really glad I didn't buy this game now

Attached: 794232342.webm (1280x720, 2.5M)

Attached: 1556182619882.jpg (700x523, 37K)

I was hoping someone would post this

I copied this one. It's a pasta now.

Attached: 1566086461119.gif (480x270, 271K)

Attached: 462332413243.webm (1280x720, 1.26M)

>this fucking b-side
The golden strawberry run is going to suck total ass once I get around to this one.

just focus on the two statues you find the easiest and also try to spread damage between all three at the start. Once the eyes that attack you if you hit them start appearing start taking it a bit more slowly and avoid attacking until you get out of its range. Good luck

Golden Feather's A-side golden strawberry run was already hell for me.

this is fine as long as it's not the whole game

Attached: 9774324234.webm (1280x720, 1.86M)

That track is royalty-free, I've heard it on other sites.

It's just a cabal of contrarians who need the endorphins from feeling superior

Why is CS:GO the best platformer ever made, lads?

what would you do if you had the ability to jump whilst in mid air infinitely ?

any game that makes Yea Forums fags seethe this much is based

Overwatch confirmed all time great

Work for the postal service
Or NASA

whatever fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=gllr_kZTvek

Dumbass

oh shit, i'm sorry

Unironically this.

Graphics seems like an unfair gripe. Most indies are 1-2 people.

Explain Hollow Knight.

Am i supposed to be impressed? This looks legitimately less fun than Cave story's running hell.

Okay. It used kickstarter and had more than 2 people. That was easy.

Now that I'm looking it up, I find it extremely funny that Celeste has a 3d artist, 3d lighting specialist, and like 10 fucking writers. On top of the 5 people who actually made the game. 17 people. 12 completely redundant people. Celeste is a money laundering scam.

Mediocre monochrome garbage with low framecount and badly designed backgrounds that blend with the foregrounds.
>but le cute bug grils xq

We know look at op he's an perfect example

That's not even true. The only person with real issues is the protagonist and the hotel owner. It's fine for what it is.

Isn't this DSP playing though?

I hope I'm wrong for recognizing it.

you've never even played it lmao. you can double jump in celeste? nice. and your whole critique comes down to "other games have SUPERIOR mechanics". nice, celeste is bad because it's not good. very informative review.

fucking anti-sjw retard, the game controls better than any recent platformer

only the post-game challenge mode stuff is

It's Arin.

>Path of Pain

Attached: pain.png (848x480, 239K)

>same platforming
>same mechanics
>same level design
>same pixel art
Sure feels good to have the indie industry keeping vidya alive unlike mainstream publishers and their constant rehashing of the same shit !

celeste is god tier CHAPTER 9 WHEN YOUFUCKING FAGGOT DEV AHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS BEEN OVER 5 MONTHS SINCE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FUCK YOUUU

>It's supposed to be a test of what you've learnt in the level and applying it
And yet there are no enemies, no moving platforms, no interesting level design outside of "place spikes where the player shouldn't pass through". Pretty crappy game desu.

those stupid snowballs make A side golden way harder than it should be. at least for me.

Yeah, I fucking hate them.

Playing Celeste with joycons hurts my hand on hard levels.

Yes they are.

Finite lives just serves to needlessly pad out time redoing stages you've already completed to get back to the one you are stuck at.

It's fun to re-do stages if the game is good user. On top of that, the natural progression of a game is to get harder and harder as you get further, so once you've died several times that is the limit of what you are able to achieve with your current skill level and you should be going back to earlier stages to get good, at a difficulty that you are able to beat and therefore have fun with.

i hate meat boy

And I don't find it fun to redo the same levels over and over because I was stuck on an earlier one and now have to work my way all the way back to where I got stuck at and needed to progress on. This kind of shit is why people use save states, or even just simple saves before a difficult part. Because they don't want to redo the same boring stage over and over and over.

That's because you're playing a shitty game dude.

Its me on Yea Forums.
The hivemind is stirring

SMB3 Coop is a shitty game? I beg to differ. The game is fun as hell, but game overing before clearing a fortress to checkpoint your way sucks ass, forcing you to do the same damn levels again just to get back.

>look up umihara kawase
>the switch game is forty fucking dollars
yeah no thanks

Stop being such a fucking casual and accept actual punishment for failure for fuck sake.

epic indie games

Attached: 1479478548447.jpg (633x758, 35K)

Actual punishment would be to return me to the start of the level itself, not make me redo the old levels I already cleared before. If I get sick enough of that shit I'll just reload a save or use save states.

>Actual punishment would be to return me to the start of the level itself
Which is what games do, until you run out of chances to do that and get sent back further. Completing a game should require mastery of the game itself, that means playing levels more than once.

its a fun game you sperg faggot
not everything has to reinvent the wheel
dilate

Yea Forums doesn't actually play the games it complains about.

The castle in IWBTG was more fun than this imo

Bumping for this

i didnt particularly like it

You didn't even play it.

I enjoyed more the exploration stuff (I think it was the balls?) than the "pure" orthodox optional levels to be honest. However, I didn't enjoy the game very much, a bit more of muscle memory rehearsal than actual difficulty. For some reason I did find the original version of the game to be cooler, maybe because it lacks the patronizing story.

sorry for what

>Super Meat Boy-esque spike platformers
What's that smell?

Attached: 1555560855991.jpg (460x253, 69K)

I would love to be able to fucking play it but it locks during startup and all I can do is close it from task manager. Indie devs in charge of making shit that works, I swear.

Chapter 9 WHEN

How can people shit on this then drool over mario where you just run right and jump and it has 0 fucking challenge?

tranny game
just play VVVVVV

twitter.com/celeste_game/status/1162141192148021249

S O O N

Attached: farewell.png (1920x1080, 198K)

>That idle stance
Did Madeline cut her hair?

>soul
>good level design
>Super Meat Boy

user, fucking please.

Oh man I would not be surprised at all. They didn't tick that box in the original release.

You're climbing the mountain to get an abortion

The game is an analogy for how defunding Planned Parenthood removes womens bodily agency.

Bubsy

It's gonna be tricky to keep track of Madeline's dashes without her giant cape of hair flowing in the breeze.

Ah, so More Famous DSP.

who cares? you fucks seriously find the most inane shit to concern yourselves with.

Goddam that looks like pure 100% autism dropped. No thanks i play good games.

Isn't her hair just behind her on that frame?

The fuck are you playing platformers for

Because i have a dick.

Oh god this is gonna take inspiration from the mods
Dear god

honestly celeste just looks lazy to me design wise
they didnt even bother to put eyes on the sprite, its like why do i want to look at the garbage and also die a shit tonne?

id take hollow knight over this any day
path of pain is is similar but at least things look interesting

People always find the most inane reason to not play this game, if they actually gave it a shot they might like it.
What the fuck am.I saying, Yea Forums doesnt play video games, theyre too busy filling out captchas in disgust over them

Attached: 1566363791910.jpg (819x614, 151K)

I don't have autism

do you form your opinions on something based on what others tell you, without giving it a clear shot yourself? if so, i hate to break it to you..

Celeste wasn't even difficult wah are you crying about.
>It's esajydoublewoo
cool

I will repeat i do not have autism

Attached: 1556275695062.jpg (303x299, 27K)

ITT: right wing sjw's mad

whiteboi mad lmao

nigger

very original, stay mad virgin

Same to you.

so whats the next platformer everyone is going to say is too ez?

Everything who cares fuck people.

is this a controller or M+K game?

At least this topic is about video games.

Attached: 1550225521877.jpg (695x698, 85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bTPT2kv6PXw
>tfw beat that on a PSP hooked as a joypad.

Attached: 1560835722191.png (500x281, 294K)

So what, this game is Super Meat Boy with Yume Niki rape themes?

yes

might give it a spin.

ok

wanna watch me play?

No because i might say nigger.

its okay, i say nigger too

>formerly a sneedster

Attached: 1560840014073.png (411x493, 506K)

That OP webm looks like the type of babby's first kaizo level that would get ignored in Mario Maker 2

sorry i have to call it out, they banned me for saying nigger

>playing those types of games
Disgusting taste.

For fucks sake Nigga LOL i see.

Attached: 1558095028517.jpg (800x804, 56K)

Based

Attached: 1560204466211.png (931x1000, 729K)

The B-Side Badeline fight is an absolute motherfucker, I pretty annoyed by how obnoxious it was since the first fight was the peak of the whole game and felt amazing to play through.
youtube.com/watch?v=b_oEDGONSc4

Attached: badeline.png (1440x810, 320K)

>platformer
>No platforms

great game

I'm to lazy to try hard like a virgin autism fuck boy.

Wait, THAT'S Celeste? That looks fun as fuck.

They Bleed Pixels.

>Yea Forums unrionically couldn't beat the B-sides of celeste
>Yea Forums has NEVER even seen the c-sides
>some of Yea Forums couldn't even beat the A-sides
LOL
thankfully there's assist mode for disabled gamers like Yea Forums ;^)

You're fucking retarded

you might just be bad m8. it isn't easy but it's far from the hardest challenges celeste has

I quit on like the 2nd level where you get chased by a shadow version of yourself

Both Risk of Rains were made by 2 people and look competent, if not pleasing. Not an excuse.

>it's hard for no reason
great level design bruh
>platformer
>No platforms

great game

Pixel art is especially easy to get right. It's painting with logistics, and you can be superb at it after only a month or two of practice.

I platinumed the game. I wasn't disappointed because it was overly hard, it just didn't feel as smoothly designed as the first one was.

>I platinumed the game
LOOK OUT BOYS WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE!

Attached: 1555973411762.png (640x401, 571K)

Here's your platforms bro

Attached: celeste coreb.webm (1280x720, 2.11M)

Nope NICE TRY THOUGH PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Attached: 1552979891474.jpg (1087x1080, 112K)

>this level wasn't great
>"you're just bad, there's harder levels"
>I know, I beat them
>"OH AN INTERNET TOUGH GUY HUH"

Attached: 638.jpg (600x765, 29K)

>before celeste
>after celeste

Attached: 1566138983.jpg (800x400, 43K)

I don't think anyone who has played it says that, rather everybody agrees that the story is pretty shit. Thankfully that can be ignored.

INTERNET TOUGH GUY INDEED OH HO HO HO!

Attached: 1556322661018.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

It's fascinating how the tranny mental illness spreads through social groups like a virus

This wouldn't be an issue if we had just gotten good Madeline/Badeline porn

>defending celeste
hello Kotaku!

Your mother is a fat whore with a fat dick!

Why does every single action trigger screen shake? dashing shouldn't shake the screen

Just shake your dick instead.

It's an optional setting and much less obnoxious on the normal levels that aren't 50 consecutive precision dash obstacle courses

>People seriously taking the bait for optional tryhard levels that you unlock post game to shit on it

NEW-Nu/v/ is the worst

Attached: 1309393805299.jpg (123x126, 3K)

>Ten years ago a hundred retards would have fallen for this

What is that?

anyone excited for chapter 8

Attached: 7662af70407b42313b68f6b25b64c79cf098ad36v2_00.jpg (240x240, 13K)

i mean 9 holy shit I'm retarded

you mean chapter 10 sexy time

years ago a hundred retards would have fallen for this

e.

Depends on how long it is. It was in development for a fucking long time so it better be the size of at least two regular chapters.

You’re a retard.

>Game offers no room for creative ways to solve the platforming scenario, you either do it like the devs want you to do it or fail
Play a better game

Attached: header_586x192.jpg (586x192, 53K)

When the fuck is the new chapter coming out
As of 3 days the steam achievements are already there but still no new chapter.
FUCK

When console certification is done

they game the bust sizes increases imagine what how big they are gonna be after 3 more games

Cool platformer where you can jump a million times in mid air

N++, 'nuff said

Boo, boring puzzle platforming. I was freezing enemies to use as platforms since the original Metroid for NES. The game came out in 1986.

why do Yea Forumsirgins start pissing and shitting themselves and crying over any thread about a skill based game or genre of games? It happens in arena fps threads, rhythm game threads, fighting game threads, bullet hell threads, precision platformer threads, it’s fucken everywhere. Are you fucks really so casual that the idea of playing a game that may require you to improve your skill as you play is the worst thing you can imagine?

Attached: 12D1F4C4-E96C-4170-A9A1-88518F4F0C45.png (500x397, 89K)

celeste is soulless just like every other tumblr indie trash
level design is weird and how you gotta solve that rythm puzzle that certain way really annoys me in games like these. but i guess it would require some intellect from devs to design puzzles that has multiple solutions.
also the "overcome your problems" lore message or whatever is pretty söy-tier to get r*dditors hyped
not to mention the cringe bloom graphics

Apparently it seems so