I love you!

I love you!

Attached: castlemania.png (256x192, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/4373/
youtube.com/watch?v=3fq5-XVLh38
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

best enemy

>Zacchino acts similarly toward those characters playable in alternate modes, trying to kill Richter and offering flowers to Maria, Loretta and Stella, as well as, for some reason, the playable Old Axe Armor.
deepest lore

Attached: 1549113601404.png (300x300, 5K)

she's cute

Attached: Por_pic_41.jpg (1024x819, 356K)

>boob plate
meh

Shut up, faggot

One of the bosses can charm a male character. Since the Old Axe Armor doesn't have a companion that would essentially softlock your playthrough. That's why they set OAA as 'female'.

Attached: pic_21.jpg (1024x819, 331K)

Reminder:
SotN = AoS > DoS > CotM >>>>> PoR >>> shit > HoD > OoE

For me, it's:
SotN=PoR = Aos >OoE >DoS =CotM>HoD

I know that PoR is flawed structurally, but it just really resonates with me.

Literally who cares, games are old af

>tfw 99.6%

Attached: 1558642170352s.jpg (125x123, 2K)

Can't blame him.

Attached: 1526774726595.png (510x680, 350K)

what makes SotN better than all the DS titles

>AoS anywhere in top even with shit level design (most forgettable castle beside PoR and OoE), shit boss design (only decent boss is Balore and Julius), shit enemy design (even HoD has better enemy deisng with its LVL monsters), totally butchered equipment system (want weapons, armor or accessories with interesting effects? fuck you) and generic bullet souls.

If you want pure combat fun go for OoE, PoR, SotN or DoS (more diverse souls, weapons and alt mode).
If you want pure quality go for PoR or SotN

>Castle with more unique zones, great level design overall even if you are one of these faggots who hated the inverse castle.
There are many zones which are cool enough to just chill and watch for a while, every game afterwards forgot about the little details (sans PoR, but PoR later portraits and castle aren't so great).
>Enemies had way more life, more animations and attacks.
PoR again did put some soul on its monsters, sotn is pure soul. Too fucking bad most of them die way too quickly so you almost never get to pay attention to them.
>Weapons had more moves, skills and passives.
AoS? one single move. DoS one regular move and 1 ""special"". PoR again had more, nothing like SotN retard super unique weapons though.
>Equipment was more unique and had more significant passives.
A fucking accessory that made you one fucking pixel taller. PoR again had some neat equipment. SotN is still king.

The game is too breakable and monster die too quickly, otherwise it would be perfect.

huh. I never knew he acted differently if you switched characters. what does he do? if you touch the flower does it poison you or something?

What does disliking the copy paste castle have to do with homosexuality

the DS castlevanias are great but i cant get over how goofy soma sprite is for dos

It was neat idea, and it is the only true moment of complete free exploration on the whole god damn series, you are one serious faggot if you oppose to the idea of free exploration while playing metroid vanias

Portrait art*

What is it worth when at that point in the game every enemy melts upon contact and any interesting changes in level design are negated because you can already fly?

Play this, sempai:
romhacking.net/hacks/4373/

>Was free exploration in a well designed map worth it for a metroidvania?
Yes?

Sure SotN is completely breakable, if that your thing, but >you can fly is no excuse to disregard the castle. Play it however you want, break it if you want, and move however you want

MORE WIVES YOUR GRACE

>Astarte

Attached: i take it he was agreeable.jpg (640x480, 508K)

>if that your thing
SotN breaks itself
>but >you can fly is no excuse to disregard the castle
Yes it is. Playing Super Metroid Rotation it's really interesting to see how a space becomes totally different when you rotate it and how you approach things is very different. SotN's reverse castle is essentially Super Metroid Rotation but you start with the space jump. Pretty fucking boring thing to do for what could have been an interesting idea. SotN has shitty platforming with uninteresting platforming abilities and that's just the truth.

i did it doesnt fix his sprites retarded looking boots

This, someone should mod soma's sprite so he can be /fa/ again

Attached: 1546005407788.jpg (450x950, 61K)

>beat SotN for the first time
>fill the map
>after that find out about weapon specials, how to use the gravity boots, and how to do the bat dash
Am I retarded or is there no way to know about that in-game? It's one of my major gripes with SotN, because outside that and the difficulty it's really great

I can tell you have a great thing against SotN, but having the option to move a certain way should never be a negative, every movement option has its pros and cons, and it is still the best plaforming in the metroidvania titles (OG castlevania and partially OoT have better platforming, but that's mainly because they are pure platforming games).
No Metroid game has good platforming outside of Prime

Certain weapons do hint have extra moves and special commands are mostly the same across all weapons. The librarian sell spell move list at least.

Portrait of Ruin has the best magic, prove me wrong.

I just wish instead of a clumsy wolf form or a sluggish bat we had cool stuff like grapple hooks and wall bounces. Hard to praise SotN that far when it has both awful balance and its platforming is dull, especially when it drags on with the inverse castle thing.

The bad should have had short, 8 directional burst dashes, and the wolf should have just been a speed booster style thing.

Shame you can't charge up CHARLOTTE's spells when calling her as an assist.

Hard to, it is pure quality. I would argue for OoE having more fun magic though.
>clumsy wolf form or a sluggish bat we had cool stuff like grapple hooks and wall bounces
Eh, maybe in a series not based around an indoor scenery, still, once you get the grip on Wolf and Bat movement attacks they are pretty fun to use, at least on my opinion.

Still, I'd continue to argue on favor of the inverse castle just because how open it is, so far no game has beat it on that freedom of exploration, and that's the whole point of the genre. Calling it a drag is just missing the point, but then again, you're pretty on dismissing the game, so to each its own.

Imagine having this much of a shit taste holy fuck

Where are you, my beloved...

JOHNATHAN

>Eh, maybe in a series not based around an indoor scenery
?

Attached: 1548613391734.jpg (502x497, 50K)

You're obsessed with someone being out to get SOTN, huh?

Attached: it's payne!.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

PoR is a buggy piece of shit. And I get that the aesthetics are supposed to be fucked, but that doesn't detract from the fact that the aesthetics are fucked.

Somafags please leave.

>Somafags please leave.
Nah.

Would a classicvania with metroid-esque exploration be possible with ou're modern day current technology?
asking for a friend

IT'S PAYNE!
WHACK 'IM

Absolute faggot.

Attached: mega maria.png (1200x1000, 743K)

Attached: Fusion(1).png (1788x2260, 1.35M)

only with NVIDIA RTX

At least Charlotte is a cute.

Honestly I feel stupid for not realizing that as the reason. Still, cutie Axe Armor gf is always a plus

>Minoa
>doesn't have breasts out
admittedly only anthropology and history nerds would get that joke

Attached: f15ba4b8d5c6281a9f03577dd3b308afd9a43381.jpg (728x868, 189K)

>shadia

so sad...

is it the greatest castlevania ever made?

Attached: Vampire Killer-190802-213448.png (1440x1080, 214K)

Maria's breasts were huge in Rondo for some reason.

Soma has the most a e s t h e t i c character design ever

She was a gifted child

Boob plates are quite literally poor armor design. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

Attached: U Lil Shit.png (512x416, 48K)

Try to prove me wrong.

Do you buy into the argument that it guides weapons into your centre torso?
Have you ever actually tried to turn a strike that glanced off something into an actual attack? Because that's how you snap your hands like so many breadsticks and willingly put your enemy inside your guard.

There's not actually much wrong with boobplate, especially if it's shallow like that.

Liking boob plates is quick way to identify plebeians. Show tits properly or have them wear armor, don't half ass it.

Attached: Castlevania - Symphony of the Night-190724-202914.png (1440x1080, 65K)

>Do you buy into the argument that it guides weapons into your centre torso?
Not at all, that's poor logic. That said, I'm no expert so I could very well be wrong, but I'd imagine the act of having to make the breasts would result in an overall weaker piece of armor. Or something along those lines.

isn't me by the way.

Shanoa just gets downgraded with the fusions.

tfw we could've had a future where Metroid and Castlevania got super good 2D games on the 3DS but nooo gotta make shitty and slow 2.5D wrecks

That online multiplayer game was fucking terrible. It would have been better of you still explored the castle but you could re-fight bosses and the like.

Look up Odallus.

>exposed hip with clearly no underwear
The only downside to Shadia is the hair. If it was a very long full braid instead of the weird cutoff, it'd be perfect.

Attached: EB5QJSqX4AEDVa5.png (143x89, 4K)

Soul

It looks alright. How well does it play?

It's alright, not as janky as real classicvanias but the spirit is there. It's been a while since I played it so I can't be more specific, but apparently I thought it was good enough to 100% it so there's that.

i like the Ghost Dancers
shame I cant find a gif but there's something romantic about them dancing forever in a haunted ballroom

Attached: 2A766311-D0F3-4092-AE8D-6E4887D87287.png (148x125, 3K)

Man, SotN is already short enough.
Imagine a team of four going full operator, splitting up at the start to each take down the church, the library, the clocktower, and the sewers. Then blazing through the catacombs, beating Richter, and then each going their own way for the different Dracula parts.
It'd be like 30 minutes for the entire SotN game at most.

JONATHAN

SISTER

HADES

PLEASE OBSERVE

>CotM
Is the only shitty one also not made by iga sama

I'LL MAKE YOU MY MASTERPIECE

MY POWER
USE MY POWER

SOUL STEAL

Die Monster

She was always shit

Heresy.
But there's no possible way you could actually mean that, so I forgive you.

Attached: shanoa.png (800x1250, 645K)

my my my shaonoa

Attached: shanoa 7.png (2000x2000, 414K)

Attached: 1467249091342.jpg (320x320, 18K)

Best DS Castlevania.

No, and he even disables collision damage.

nope

CoTM > PoR=AoS > C64> OoE > everything else

i never played SotN so fuck it

Konami didn't reacted to the success of Bloodstained, Castlevania is 100% kill.

They did patch the japanese roms into the classicvania collection so maybe they'll make a metroidvania collection in a few years.

thats because Konami as a videogame company is dead. They only care about real estate and pachinko now. Pretty much all of their IPs are just hostage for them to shill out on rare occasions.

>she
>has male voice

PLAYTIME IS OVER
GRANT ME POWER

youtube.com/watch?v=3fq5-XVLh38
tfw no deep voice gf

>that one time Dracula tag teams with Death

LORRETAH

SISTEEER

DIE, SHANOA

Attached: 90AB15F0-0C01-402C-B8E1-49FDEF706E3C.png (400x767, 216K)

Char is my waifu
I was born too late for Maria to be my first Vania crush

Attached: 13337B0A-E551-461D-A8F4-ADE5A1DCF573.jpg (1536x2179, 506K)

Charlotte has lazy eyes! Kowai!

If i loved PoR will I love bloodstained?

No.
t. loves PoR but not Bloodstained

how come?

Bloodstained is basically an upgraded DoS, it has very little to do with PoR.