Do you remember how fucking good it felt to play GTA 3 for the first time? I know it's outdated today, but the humor...

Do you remember how fucking good it felt to play GTA 3 for the first time? I know it's outdated today, but the humor, intensity and world was truly groundbreaking at the time. Undoubtedly one of the most revolutionary and important games of the 2000s and all time. And the generation leap to GTA 4 was utterly stark and unmatched.

Attached: 213759-z3.jpg (238x210, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Y227D1u0o8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OuYcP4by7ts
youtube.com/watch?v=NUOeHoLCisw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBGisHQbkek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

theres nothing outdated about it, its still better than most open world games

people don't know how mindblowing this game was

how did GTA nail the early 2000's aesthetic so well?

Because the devs used the world that they currently lived in as inspiration for 3, while VC and SA are superficial since they're more parodies then sincerity as it was with 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Y227D1u0o8

Attached: 1449380203002.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

it helps that this game was made at that very point in time. V feels very much like 2013 also. trying to nail a bygone era, on the other hand, takes an added touch of attention to detail to avoid cliche and hyperbole.

THERE HE IS

>play gta 3 for the first time
>absolutely don’t think games can get any better
>tfw it’s been years since a game has made me joyous to play it

I don't even like that station at all, but you're still a based poster.

Attached: 1528410099867.jpg (478x524, 71K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OuYcP4by7ts

Attached: 1431185082_preview_1528485275308.png (352x282, 26K)

>yfw

Attached: sanandreas.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

For me, it's Fade Away by Craig Gray.

First time a game felt liberating. All the games before it had invisable walls and restricted your character from misbehaving. You were confined to a linear path that led you to your objective.
it was what I'd always wanted a game to be at the time, but never thought anybody had the courage to do.
My favorite movies were all indie crime flicks. The graffiti stylized character design was eye candy compared to the "realistic" polytrash at the time. It combined shooting, fighting and racing. They had all the cars I liked, that were never included in racing games, like pimp mobiles and muscle cars. The ragdoll physics were a great source of humor. Speaking of which I could listen to the radio and laugh my ass off. The music was actually good for the first time. youtube.com/watch?v=NUOeHoLCisw
First thing I did was run over a group of construction workers for cat calling me. Then I mugged a pimp and then an old lady beat me to death.

Games were never the same after this.

Attached: gta_3.jpg (650x350, 249K)

I like that one too, here's another favorite.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBGisHQbkek
I like all the stations in GTA 3. Original songs produced by a handful of Rockstar employees are more memorable than anything from GTA IV and V.
I wonder why they just license everything nowadays.

>find the banshee in the used car office
>turn the radio to Rise FM
>Score by Slyder comes on as you drive through the window and peel off through the intersection
The kino moments you could make on your own is something the series never captured again

Attached: 1557696296742.jpg (430x583, 13K)

GTA 3 is still a great game. The mission variety and lack of handholding or scripting makes them actually fun to do and challenging.

Attached: GTA 3 bomb.webm (640x480, 2.89M)

WAKEY WAKEY ITS RISE FM

WERE GONNA STAY UP ALL NIGHT

What was inside the box?

Attached: DDA2_III.jpg (800x600, 86K)

It was kino.

Attached: 1522778417905.png (331x327, 224K)

>The humour
They really lost it along the way, Even the peds are boring now

>mfw playing GTA3 still makes me happy
is it just the nostalgia

the soul of marsellus wallace

We're going to Aruba.

>And the generation leap to GTA 4 was utterly stark and unmatched.

GTA3 was a far bigger generational leap. From a 2D top down game to a well realised 3D open world. No one did it as well as that game at the time. Having film actors voice cut scenes that actually felt like a film compared to the corny garbage of other games at the time was also a stand-out aspect of the game. V was a huge let down. It's like they learned nothing from the previous games.

Attached: gta.webm (1280x720, 2.05M)

This has annoyed me ever since they've abandoned/ended the 3D Era GTAs.

The soul of Donald Love.
He sold it to the devil in the 1990s which is how he became both a massive real estate mogul and a sadistic cannibal
Somewhere between 1998 and 2001 he has a moment of clarity and embarks on a path of personal redemption, enlisting the help of the old Oriental man, a wise sage with centuries of knowledge on the spiritual realm and the human soul, to help him redeem himself and regain his humanity. He then embarks by jet plane to the steppes of Tibet to begin a spiritual journey to attain enlightenment with his friend and newfound idol, the Oriental gentleman.

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-210800_Chrome.jpg (720x1560, 502K)

that was in response to this post

wait what is this, I don't remember anything like this in the game. was it an easter egg? I also don't recognize that location.

It's the last Donald Love's mission.

Still remember when I played it for the first time. I was like 14 and I had recently started to emulate and pirate videogames on my own. GTA 3 was one of them, I had played GTA SA ever since I was 9 and I loved it. Its a very comfy game, I made sure to google all the bulletproof cars and such so I could put them in the garage. But mechanically I always preferred GTA SA more. They're all great games though along with vice city. I wish I could go back to those simpler, comfier times.