Without question, the most overrated "classic" PC game I've ever played...

Without question, the most overrated "classic" PC game I've ever played, more so because of how an affront it is to the first game
>out of place techno music
>constantly respawning enemies with only a flimsy excuse (body of many) as to why
>Corridors of Many being badly designed in general
>badly balanced, shoehorned in RPG mechanics (lol PSI) that were only superficially meant to make the game feel like Ultima Underworld
>main character is supposed to be a trained military operative yet has worse agility and hand-eye coordination that the unmodified hacker from the beginning of SS1.
>tries to be "realistic" by having unrealistic guns that break constantly
>ground zero for Ken Levine's meta-narrative bullshit that would get worse in Bioshit
>complete fucking farce of an ending with Shodan suddenly acting like a cartoon villian and NAH
The reason to choose SS2 over 1 was because 2 was, for a time, easier to get running with a modern control setup. Now, you can just pirate the enhanced edition of SS1 without rebinding keys with an additional program or some shit, and how it's still a better designed game, with or without tank sim controls.

Attached: 1566344034938.jpg (616x353, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOzuO-w1Rv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go drink some coconut water out of a plastic estrogen bottle Zoomer.

Attached: OwO;.jpg (231x227, 21K)

all I see are reasons why the game is good not flaws

On looking glass' behalf, sorry they didn't use bodies hit the floor instead.
While it seems this would've been to your tastes instead, it was unfortunately before the game's time.

shut the fuck up zoomer

It's not a bad game, it's pretty good if you treat it as a stand alone game. Compared to SS1 it is not that good. Levine has always been a fucking hack. The writing doesn't even compare.

Cult of Levine out in full force.

retard

SS2 was fun and had a good atmosphere.

greatest survival horror game ever made. it even trumps RE1

Who are you kidding? You think the average poster on Yea Forums today even knows who he is? I would bet the average poster is so young / not into video games that they haven't even played Bioshock, let alone SS2.

Attached: EYE.png (323x327, 61K)

who tf is Ken Levine and what games has he made in the past decade

Cope, zoomie.

Attached: ImmersiveSimTrinity.jpg (2633x1542, 212K)

Will agree to some of this.

I think what hampered the game the most was that it was too reliant upon the Dark Engine. They really tried to stretch the Dark Engine as far as they could but always ended up having to bend over backwards because the Dark Engine was just so limited in what it could do beyond making a Thief-like game.

Latest game was only 6 years ago.

Woah bro did you just logically criticize one of the overrated cult games on Yea Forums!? sorry but your opinion with immediately discarded and is invalid, prepare yourself for the 1 line buzzword barrage.

This game is underrated on Yea Forums, though.

Guns the only part thats true / not a positive. It sucks you basically have to roll wrench spec on OSA high

this always bothered me, the music itself sounds fine out of context but I prefer the ambient sounds of the ship for the early levels. Later levels have music that fit the mood much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=nOzuO-w1Rv8

All of the PC "Classics" are shit, this is objectively true becase Yea Forums can only spam "Zoomer" in every thread

>this is objectively false
ftfy

The classics are good, but ultimately most of them are just products of their time, they were great when they came out but most of them have obvious flaws, try to discuss said flaws on Yea Forums however? good luck with that.

I think it works to make combat hectic and jarring compared to the silence, but it is really weird to first encounter it.

>but ultimately most of them are just products of their time
Name one stealth game as good Thief II.
Name one turn based tactics game with the depth of Jagged Alliance 2.
Name one game with the level design of Deus Ex.
Name one FPS as good as Blood.

Attached: smokePepe.jpg (720x724, 29K)

>Blood
Contrarian fag detected. Ultimate Doom, Quake, and Half-Life were way better.

Agreed about the ending. Probably the worst ending in a game I've ever seen.

Attached: nah.png (360x360, 191K)

Cope.

Attached: Blood train level.webm (1364x764, 2.99M)

>Name one stealth game as good Thief II.
stealth games are for fags lol, got tired of hiding in teh closet and want to take it to the next level.
>Name one turn based tactics game with the depth of Jagged Alliance 2.
xcom with long war mod
>Name one game with the level design of Deus Ex.
Amnesia
>Name one FPS as good as Blood.
>Blood
lol

Yeah, you go ahead and enjoy your shitty gunplay and annoying hitscan enemies.

Cope.

Attached: Blood gameplay 7.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

>music stops as shodan finishes talking and it quickly zooms in on the soldier's face

they might as well have put a record scratch sound

SS2babies can't defend their game.

No. That would be Deus Ex 1.

System Shock 1 was way fucking better than 2 though, just the graphics are fucking eye cancer, and the original controls were shit.

>2019 and fpslets are still seething about hitscanners

lmao

Attached: 20d.gif (136x228, 33K)

Zoom zoom

Attached: Deus Ex - Liberty Island Madness.webm (853x480, 1.82M)

only zoomers prefer ss2 over ss1.

My god the ending to this game is so stupid.

Why. Have the devs ever talked about it?

He just said SS1 is better. Maybe its you that is the zoomer.

Here is nothing that Deus Ex 1 does that SS2 doesn't do better.
Deus Ex 1 is a meme game. Its more reddit than New Vegas could ever be.

No, I'm not.

Just enjoy both ss1 and ss2

BG2
Outside of combat and companions I hate everything about this game. Even DA:O is better rpg than BG2.

Attached: 132467.815xp.jpg (815x438, 78K)

I was enjoying it but once I got to operations the levels just became boring corridors full of mostly pointless rooms that are rarely worth exploring, the first 3 decks were fucking awesome though

>trinity
>4 games
Uh

I liked that part. The cliffhanger on the escape pod at the very end was awful b-movie cheese, though.

Fine, call it a triumvirate if you want to be pedantic.

Cringe, cope, yikes, seethe + have sex, zoom zoom.

Hot "Old game bad" take

>ducking and jump spamming to cheese the shit hitscan enemies
I like blood but come on, it has problems of it's own

Fun techno music for a techno environment. Bet you would prefer the call of duty music. And in case you say "the what?", the answer is "exactly". Soul.
>>constantly respawning enemies with only a flimsy excuse (body of many) as to why
An excuse to be stealthy rather than run & gun everything towards the objective. There is a reason they took over the ship.
>>badly balanced, shoehorned in RPG mechanics (lol PSI) that were only superficially meant to make the game feel like Ultima Underworld
Actually really fun mechanics which provided something different from the next wolfenstein clone. Why do you even play complicated games if you dont like them?
>>main character is supposed to be a trained military operative yet has worse agility and hand-eye coordination that the unmodified hacker from the beginning of SS1.
Fair point I guess. But then again you have been in cryo for quite some time. Be thankful you didnt need a skill for "walk" fleshbag.
>>tries to be "realistic" by having unrealistic guns that break constantly
A resource management minigame (better than "plumping" in bioshock for sure, and/or forces you out of your comfort zone to use other weapons and get more experiences.
There aren't many ways to make the player feel like he is "surviving" and scavaging. Would you have preferred a timed "food" mechanic instead? So have food for guns instead.
>ground zero for Ken Levine's meta-narrative bullshit that would get worse in Bioshit
What does this even mean. In your attempt to be anti-intellectual, you actually intellectfied too much. ooh I wrote the word "meta narrative". Whats next? Let me guess! Ludonarrative dissonance?
>complete fucking farce of an ending with Shodan suddenly acting like a cartoon villian and NAH
This depends on the individual I guess. I'd argue bioshock's "fight the big blue guy" ending was far worse despite being a "big fight".

/thread

Honestly you can check google archive and see how "boomers" arguing over SS1 and SS2. Same for every old game. But of course now you can't do this because "zoom zoom".

why the hell is incase taking forever to finish one vloume of alfie user