Is this game shitty?

Is this game shitty?

Attached: binding.jpg (794x720, 138K)

nah

No but Roy is easily the worst

What's better: FE5 or FE6?

Can't wait for the remake so Idunn can actually be saved instead of maybe possibly be saved.

It's Kino but Roy is the worst and weakest lord i ever had. His wife had to blast anyone that tried to kill him

Nah, but its kinda sad reading about how most of the cast from the prequel died offscreen

What? She's saved in the true ending.

Its fine.
It has some weird unit balance and Roy promotes too damn late, but its still pretty good.
Also Fir best girl.
Fuck thrones.

Attached: fir.png (481x322, 40K)

theres a couple of hard chapters at the start, the status staff spam is an atrocity, theres so many really late promo items, the hitrate of weapons is pretty low, the throne bonuses are insane. other than that its a wonderful game and i really enjoyed playing it.

Fir is great, especially with hard mode bonuses.

Good gameplay although most of the units in the game are mediocre. Story and characters are fucking boring.

Attached: super swordmaster.png (1280x720, 405K)

FE5 without question

Kinda.

Japan goes fucking gonzo for it though, for reasons I can't fathom.

It's kinda like a more modern FE1 and was the first GBA game we didn't get.

It's good but I wouldn't recommend it if you have never played an FE game before.

Pretty much everything in it is an expy to FE1.
Apparently Japs disliked Blazing Blade because it intentionally subverted the formula too much.
Its like the Last Jedi of Fire Emblems. Making the green horse dude the strong one is sacrilege.

I've never played it; does it have same-turn reinforcements and annoying siege tome or sleep staff enemies?

>implying the green horse dude isn't better anyway

yes

Absolutely. The worst Fire Emblem game. Story is awful. NES FE tier. Broken RNG. Boring cast.

Skill and speed over strength is always more useful.

Did any of you roll a good Roy? I had a monster of a Roy myself.

>Making the green horse dude the strong one is sacrilege.
Wait red cavs were better than green before 7? Guess that explains why my red was better than green in 6

Best gba fe

I've had more bad Roys than good Roys. He was never truly useless, though.

No, it's that since FE1 the red cavalier always has a better strength growth than the green one, which has better skill/speed.

At the end of the game my Roy had single digit, if not then barely above 10, strength. Most RNG-screwed lord I ever had

Roy is basically Leif done wrongly. Both promote really late into their game but Leif actually has out of combat uses that make him useful like carrying the charm sword and his myriad of support with strong units like finn and nanna
Roy has none of these

How does Yea Forums feel about using strats from other players to complete harder fe's

Fire emblem peaked with 6, and it was all downhill from there

Attached: Zephiel_king.gif (191x175, 172K)

6 was actually a pretty great game, its just that the lord is fucking horrible
legit worst lord in the series, and Ill stand by that statement

micaiah and lyn exist

I stand by my statement
Roy remains stagnate for far too long, and his sword is just bad however cool the animation for it is
Personality-wise you're right that Michaiah is far worse

My Roy had 10 strength on promotion, awful.

roy is fine by the eraly game, only starts becoming a liability after chapter 12+

the only really problem with roy is that he promotes 2 chapters before the game ends

I don't know why but I had the most fun in this then any other Fire Emblem.

The maps felt so good and satisfying and the soundtrack was really great late game. And there were so many likable units. The story was okay too.

If you're a shitter, yeah

Glad to see a lot of people here enjoy FE6. I think it's great and the difficulty is spot on.

Been emulating this on my vita, at chapter 7 currently. Who should I promote first, one of my axe bois, Rutger or Deke?

>broken rng
>boring cast
wanna know how i know you didnt play this game?

there is an infamous chapter with a sleep staff enemy actually

Oh so it isn't just me then? My Roy is level 8 and has 5 STR, my Chad is level 7 and has 7 STR. Why is he so shit, I used to think Eliwood was bad but Roy really takes the cake.

Rutger and Deke are amazing. But choose Rutger first

>actually using lots and wade
go with rutger, swordmasters are op in 6

Why not have everything?

Attached: Kent levl 19.png (722x478, 32K)

>boring cast
They really are boring though. Roy especially.

Chad actually has great growths because he doesn't promote, I think. That or they just said let's make this thief fucking strong like FE1 Julian.

Preferable, but I usually dismiss the "strong" cavalier if he's getting nothing but HP and strength on his first few levels.

Manakete? More like ManaCUTE!

Attached: Full_Portrait_Fae.png (1600x1920, 617K)

That defense, though. I guess there's always a price to pay.

Only one behind his averages.
5 ahead in strength, 2 in skill, 4 in speed, and 2 in luck.
One behind in res, but come on.

Roy > Marth

Attached: 1546926030907.jpg (632x654, 80K)

Shit, it was only 25%. I thought it was something like 40, nevermind then.

I think that Binding Blade would be much more well-received if Roy was a better unit. Even if you're blessed with a good Roy, he's still a 5 move swordlocked unit in a game that's nothing but seize maps. It doesn't help that his promotion is extremely late. If you aren't on the path to the true ending, then you get one map with his unique sword.

isnt roy being a shit unit supposed to relate to his character? he is meant to be a junior lord with little experience in real combat

bump

Boring story, boring useless lord, and the late game maps are boring slogs through wave after wave of identical enemies. It's not the worst in the series, but it's bad.

Why does this wall have 100 HP?
REEEEEEE MY DURABILITY

Attached: this makes no sense.png (478x323, 36K)

Not to mention tedious shit that isn't really difficult like baiting mages to waste their berserk staff.

I think the only difficult thing I encountered in that game was the one chapter with fucking endless wyvern rider reinforcements that attacked that same turn.

It's actually pretty good. Not the best but it's a fun game.

Drop them both, you get way better axe men latter.

Lot and Wade fall off fast as soon as anyone else can use axes.

Because fuck you.
>Using Gonzales
great taste tho

Redpill me on the Kaga games. Are they as good as people make them out to be? Namely GotHW and Thracia.

Attached: 1566116096331.png (200x168, 22K)

>blast
sorry, meant stab

Attached: 1545257908078.jpg (370x322, 21K)

>Lyn
Can be benched so she doesn't drag the team down and even when she's forced, protecting an untrained lyn is a non issue

>Micaiah
Only bad if you're a complete shitter that doesn't know how to play the game. She's in upper half of RD's units in terms of usefulness.

the really fucked thing about this game is how wildly unballanced the characters are. You have amazing units like Rutger and Dieck but then you also have literally the worst knight in FE history, the shitty shaman, ect. Also that NPC lookin faggot Zelot ruined my playthrough TWICE and I'm never playing this shit agian.

I haven't played Thracia but Genealogy is a great game. Story/characters are nice, and the gameplay is solid. I believe it's the entry that introduced the weapon triangle but I could be wrong. Chapters are long as fuck though since the maps are huge so be prepared for that. Unfortunately it also makes using any non horse/flyer unit a bit of an inconvenience. Pretty great soundtrack too from what I remember. It's a bit on the easy side if you want a challenge though.

Genealogy is a good time, best story of any FE and some solid as fuck gameplay, but get ready for fuck huge maps as well, which can be tedious. Horse Emblem has never been more true than in this game.
Never played Thracia but I've heard it's very unique.

I actually started a playthrough for this but forgot to finish it. I should get back to it.

Attached: what were they thinking?.png (582x388, 257K)

One problem with Genealogy is if you do eugenics even remotely right, the back half of the game becomes a cake walk.

>although most of the units in the game are mediocre

At least that means that you can Ironman it without a sweat, right?

I have no idea. You think she's going to turn out like Nino and that Level 1 gives here a lot of room to grow but she's just awful.

Absolutely, worst fucking FE I've played.
>lol dude what if we made thrones gave insane bonuses
>lol dude what if we made every boss unit a general with good RES
>lol dude what if we made enemies get 20 units reinforcement every two or three turns

It makes the whole game tedious just dragging his ass around.

>One problem with Genealogy is if you do eugenics even remotely right
Why wouldn't you want to do this though? Using literal who units in the second half would suck ass.

>Dude, you know how we like to give players shitty, low level units with insane growths?
>Oh, you mean like Est? Yeah...
>Alright dude, what if we did that, but we made her growths mediocre!
>...but why would anyone use her?
>Well she'll be the cutest character in the game.
>Sounds good, fuck waifufags.

Attached: 1554319269889.jpg (800x587, 47K)

How do I into eugenics. How do I know which characters support best witn each other?

I suppose so. I usually don't like playing that way anyway although I can't remember having to reset that often in FE6 either way. Rutgers crit percentage was broken.

>Female Shamans have a cool unique GBA sprite
>Next two games only have male recruitable shamans
BOO

The majority of Ests, Nino included generally don't have that great of a growth spread. Usually their high growth totals are padded out by Luck which tends to be a meme stat in most games so when you finally do train them up, they're only slightly better than the guys you had all game.

git gud

Just follow your heart and also give Ayra to Arden.

>Just follow your heart and also give Ayra to Arden.
t. Arden

Honestly its been a while since I played so I don't really remember. I think some of it is pretty obvious but I might have looked some up just in case.

The only reason I really dislike 6 is because of the retarded hit rates and RNG making axes useless/bosses a total gamble, plus the same turn reinforcements. I always play FE6 with save states because of it, sue me.

Attached: 1549178459644.jpg (1080x1440, 991K)

>tactics game using someone else's tactics

Please tell me you don't do this.

Roy somehow manages to have even less personality than Marth though.

Generally marry physical units to physical units, and magic to magic.
Except for you peg knight.
Give her the mage dick.
Pay attention to holy blood. You want people to have it since it bumps up growth rates.

but t3h ph1r3

FE6

>git gud
Typical response from someone who likes a shitty game.
There's nothing to git gud at here in order to make this shit less tedious. You can't just magically prevent the game from throwing hordes of paladins and dracoknights at you, and there's nothing fun about slowly chipping away at a general with attacks that either deal 3 damage x2 at a 70% hit rate or 12 damage in one hit with a 50% hit rate.

Marth was pretty based in the SD remake though. Didn't really have any depth or anything but he was pretty fiery and was ready to kill some bitches for most of the story
Then they gutted him in fe12

It varies between each mother.

>Ayra's kids are so fucking good that you have to actively try to make them bad and they're still probably be good because Astra is OP.
>Aideen's daughter will be a great healer because she can inherit a lot of staves. Lester can easily be a lousy unit if he doesn't inherit any good bows so Midayle or Jamke are the best choices.
>Pair Tailtyu with a mage and her kids will be very good.
>Erin depends on which kid you want to prioritize. Ced is very good, even without Forseti so some people like to pair her with someone who will benefit Fee. I pair her with Lewyn so Ced can inherit Forseti and be a god tier mage. Fee can still be very good with a Power Ring and Brave Lance to compensate for her poor Strength growth. She also gets a conversation with Lewyn that boosts her Strength.
>Brigid's best kid is Faval because he inherits a legendary bow. Any male physical unit should be fine. I prefer Dew because Faval will have all-around good growths and inherits a skill that makes repairing his legendary bow much easier.
>Sylvia's kids are a dancer and a priest. Some people like to kill her off because the replacement units offer unique items like a sword that increases Res and a Berserk staff. I pair her with Claude so that he can pass down his legendary staff to her son and he becomes a great healer with some levels.
>Lachesis' daughter is a decent healer regardless of who her dad is, so I focus on her son. Any good physical unit should do. I tried Lex once and it worked out very well. Have Lex kill Chogall in Chapter 3 for a Silver Blade to pass down to Dermott; he will always have an A Rank in swords because of his mom's minor holy blood. His usefulness drops off towards the end of the game, but he's fucking great until everyone else catches up.

>
The game tends to ship certain pairings for you. They're usually solid pairings so there's nothing to worry about if you just go with your gut.

What other Fire Emblem games should I be playing? I'm still planning on clearing through Three Houses for the other endings, but I'm comfortable playing something more challenging. I've only ever played a bit of the GBA one with Lynn but I'm down to clown with permadeath and strategy

Attached: 1564754386337.gif (418x594, 3.32M)

FE6, FE11, FE12, and FE14C are all a significant step up in difficulty from 3H, but the writing is also a lot weaker generally. If you like the strategy gameplay though, give them a shot.

Have you ever axed a thick wall?

Play all the localized ones in order. Try to get save files with the harder difficulties unlocked if you're emulating them.

Playing FE right now, should I level up Sue or Thany?

Thany is better and cuter

Attached: 1555439693353.jpg (800x800, 121K)

Both are good, but if you're playing hard mode then Shin later vastly outclasses Sue.

>fire emblem
of course it's shitty.

Hoes mad

>1st male Pegasus Knight
I thought he was pretty cool.