*kills Unreal Engine, Unity and Cryengine*

nothing personal, kid

Attached: 4563756.png (1200x485, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0k8otHMwy5w
docs.godotengine.org/en/3.1/getting_started/scripting/visual_script/getting_started.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I mean, I enjoy working in it more than both of those, but don't hold your breath on that statement being true any time soon

Fuck Signals

Early celebration causes early failure as well. Be a little more humble and show things made with it instead.

seething tim trannys

Anons how long do you think a game should be that is an indie game?

>kills unity
>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=0k8otHMwy5w
Let's see godot be used for shitposting

Post you're are game, pal

Attached: Alphaman_chefBotStageGameplay.gif (620x435, 2.01M)

What's wrong with them?

Can I have a quick rundown?

This is how I can tell this is a bait thread because of the blatant falseflag.

vulkan anytime now

Attached: 5f6909c4-a169-4454-bf91-0c94f6e27f8f.png (592x283, 42K)

It's a free and open sourced game engine that has 2d and 3d (3d sucks right now).
It is easy to use and has a no coding scripting feature like unreal.

Retard who doesn't even know I'm talking about

I just don't like that kind of scripting where you connect things in the engine and everything's kind of scattered around instead of just all being in the code files. I know you can connect signals via pure code as well, maybe I should look into that. I've been able to avoid using them for pretty much everything except UI functions anyways though.

If I remember right, it's just a form of event handling. You're just connecting different bits of code to make it so functions get called based on events that are happening.

>and has a no coding scripting feature like unreal.
What? No it doesn't.

Anyone know the best way to actually get into using Unity?
I don't know where to get started. A lot of videos just dive right into code after showing off the viewport and just say
>"just do this, don't worry about it, just write this"

With no real rhyme or reason as to why the syntax is the way it is or anything. I'm primarily a 3d artist, so I thought I could get away with doing visual scripting or something, but it looks to be an addon. Not to mention I probably should learn some code anyway.
It's been a long ass time since I've had to learn something from complete scratch, and honestly I don't remember how to actually do that anymore. Any videos or something you guys had that helped you would be great.

connecting them via editor won't make them appear in code

Start with the official roll a ball tutorial.
Learn some basic coding too, try like codeacademy or something. You don't need to be a genius programmer to use Unity, you just need to know basic code flow and syntax.

not that guy, but there's a feature called visualscript where you just link up a bunch of blocks
never used it though so I have no idea if it's any good

Nigger
docs.godotengine.org/en/3.1/getting_started/scripting/visual_script/getting_started.html
Nobody is going to update but it does exist

sorry meant to reply to instead

Thanks I'll try that.
I know a fair bit of HTML and CSS so coding isn't completely foreign to me, but doing programming type shit just seems really daunting to me. Like there's a bunch of meta type stuff that you need to know.
I guess we all have to start somewhere though.

Which game engine is
free
Chinese free

Godot and gdevelop
Gdevelop has no real documentation or a community. It has one guy on youtube but other than that there is nobody really.
Godot has more features and a bigger community but gdevelop has no coding.

>Put two cubes on screen
>Get 10fps

Maybe for a 2D engine but the 3d is garbage. We'll see after the Vulkan update but I'm not holding my breath

Torque3D. It's better than Godot because it has LOD support.