Prove me wrong

people only hate the second half of DaS because it's actually difficult

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art (3).jpg (220x284, 28K)

No. People dont like the 2nd half because the world design falls apart and all the sub par bosses fall in the second half too.

The only good boss in the second half is Nito.

Second half has the painted world which is the best zone in the game by a mile
Other than that nah its garbage, lets not kid ourselves here

fpbp

Attached: 1349349955609.jpg (497x500, 32K)

Painted world is easily top five worst areas for me

you're fucking retarded, the whole game falls apart. Unfinished levels, no development i.e, Izaleth. Recycled enemies and clearly rushed to meet development deadlines.

I just hate bed of chaos.
I wish I could skip it. I'm fine with everything else.

Nito isn't very good. Even at the lowest possible level you can just stand in front of him and hack away until he dies.

Its just a meme perpetuated by 2cucks in a desperate attempt to make their game look less shit.

painted world is fucking garbage dude, it's small as fuck and is only liked for muh priscilla

>people only hate the second half of DaS because it's actually difficult

Attached: laughingelfman.jpg (256x353, 18K)

dukes archives sucks ass
>stairways that dont actually lead where you want to go
>mages and archers all around you while youre funneled down hallways
>cant even read any of the books or interact with the library at all
>sif is a mandatory death, plus the stupid trek back up
>4 kings sucks ass
>sunken city has geometry that can randomly fuck you over because from cant design slopes correctly
>neato is piss easy

git gud

forgot lost izalith too

FUCK centipede demon and his fucking ring being stuck in his tail
fuck bed of chaos
fuck from for thinking anyone would figure out the covenant door on their own

and fuck YOU

Look at the fucking level design and compare it to Demon's Souls

you can beat content and still be annoyed by it retard

Attached: 1566093589342.jpg (750x731, 50K)

>The only good boss in the second half is Nito.
i would say Gwyn and Priscilla (if you consider priscilla second half) to be the only good bosses in the second half (not including dlc)

>Seath's tower
cancer for the garunteed kill on you
>tomb of the giants
cancer for making you give up a hand and ruining my build folded 1000 times
>lost Izalith
literally unfinished
>new londo
do I even have to say anything

It was Demonsfags

>>new londo
>do I even have to say anything
Yes, what's wrong with New Londo Ruins?

>Area loops back around on itself multiple times
>Multiple shortcuts to unlock as you progress
>Optional hidden items
>Optional challenges for tryhards
>Cool boss
How does painted world not incorporate everything that is praised about DS1 levels?

Its ugly, confusing, and the enemies suck

I actually want a fan of it because the awe aspects of the game weren't as grand.

>getting to grips with the game
>actually progressing and gitting gud
>finding relieving shortcuts after tense map exploration
>story and zones flow, getting grander each time
>climax at ornstein and smough (seriously, how could they have topped this? The game felt over after this)

Vs

>Lordvessel to warp everywhere
>Darkness ToG
>Lava Izalith
>Dukes

Sure, they probably were harder, but they also weren't as fun as the 1st half. Felt like a boss clean up, just making the rounds to gather them souls behind the orange walls. Didn't feel like i was exploring anymore. Didn't feel like an escalating grand adventure anymore. Maybe because i put those levels all on the same tier, whereas the first half seemed to get bigger and bigger

game is boring as fuck

> Ugly
Subjective. Some people like snowy areas.
>confusing
Unironically get good. Sorry that you have to actually explore and learn your surroundings.
>enemies suck
Also subjective but I actually agree. Boring hollows and rats. The only cool things are the crows and undead dragon. Maybe that steel knight.

I like snowy areas too I just don't think that ds1 did it very well. Ds3 I think did the snow aesthetic better

That's fine but it's still subjective and doesn't actually speak on how well the level is designed.
Painted world of Ariandel is more poorly designed than Ariamis but I prefer how much more lush the snow looks in Ariandel

If you find yourself just running past the enemies instead of fighting them then it's a pretty clear sign of bad design.

The second half of the game is full of this.

Attached: ds_eks.jpg (767x960, 199K)

I only found Tomb of the Giants (and the DLC) to be particularly difficult. Izalith is just kinda annoying with the dragon asses and worms.
New Londo and Archives aren't very tough at all, though I did enjoy them.

>If you find yourself just running past the enemies instead of fighting them then it's a pretty clear sign of bad design.
guess mario is bad design then

we're talking about dark souls you stupid fuck

>dragon asses
Wut

Damn that's a pretty solid point actually

Attached: 1566347515927.webm (700x700, 2.99M)

You don't remember?

Attached: file.png (640x1200, 414K)

This whole thing is subjective. If an area is ugly that is totally a reason not to like it

I'm of the opinion that the second half of the game isn't that bad, especially the more you actually play it, but it is objectively worse than pre-Anor Londo.

Obviously if your distaste of the areas aesthetics is that strong then yes, it's justified for you to not enjoy the level.
But if you were to call it poorly designed, you would be wrong.

Both Dark Souls and Bloodborne have this weird kind of pacing where about 75% of the way through the game totally clicks for me and the rest of it is a breeze (after getting my ass stomped in to the ground a thousand times). Both Bloodborne and DaS I beat the final boss on my first try for example. I think this might be somewhat common and due to not having as hard a time later in these games I tend to find the back halves less memorable

> guaranteed kill cancer
use a sac ring, or if you're man enough, go back to your bloodstain

You're probably right, I have similar experiences with just about every soulsborne game. Once it clicks and you start beating bosses and areas on one try they become less memorable.

This. It was the first area they made and it shows with how well thought out the layout is.