Let's fix TF2

Let's fix TF2

Here are my suggestions
>Remove the Sniper
>Remove the Spy

Attached: bkMVJV9.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

How bout no?

Spy encourages people to check their backs and inhibits camping and over flanking.

Sniper just forces people to waste time and avoid main paths to the point.
He ACTUALLY forces the enemy team to split up, and stops them from working together. You could argue he forces people to take flank routes, but in most cases the entire team is forced to flank. Hes also heavilly balanced around the map. And is the only classes in the game that actually gets worse the more you add to the map. Which is due to his long range hitscan which is counter intuitive to the game design of close/medium range ambushing.

Sniper would have been better if he started with the huntsman.
Spy would improve if he encourages teamplay more (like Marked for death revolvers).

>be spy
>need to risk life and limb in order to get close to the enemy, make a pick, and get out undetected
>many different stab techniques to master
>need to have an actually functioning brain in order to outsmart players on the enemy team
vs
>be sniper
>mouse over bad guy
>delete

Attached: 1566238467988.gif (320x212, 1020K)

>People are so fucking shit that they sperg out at sniper of all classes
Soldier/Demo mains are such faggots, kek.

>mfw people will legitimately argue for removing sniper
Gee willickers lets just have the enemy move unchecked forever, wouldn't want to add elements of danger to every push and pocket amirite

Attached: kek mirage.jpg (200x200, 35K)

Add a brand new class that's FEMALE

>wouldn't want to add elements of danger to every push and pocket amirite

you mean the enemy team?
>sniper adds danger
>by being immune to danger

>He ACTUALLY forces the enemy team to split up
>but in most cases the entire team is forced to flank

Attached: 1539799855756.jpg (400x323, 51K)

hes already in the game.

Forces the enemy team down a flank route.
if a map has more than one flank route they split up.

So instead of all going down the path of least resistance, they take the side door, then split up at the fork.

sniper is balanced by the fact that he can only pick out one target at a time at best. Soldier demo and pyro can defend the objective from the entire enemy team, sniper cant
this game is just balanced around 24+ so losing one guy is not critical

Being underpowered doesn't make something balanced.

Something can be powerfull only 1/100 amount of time, but if he automatically wins in an unfair situation, its unbalanced. Balance isn't necessarilly about winning, its the moment to moment gameplay.

That's why blue is slated to win more than red. Simply because stalemates tend to be boring.

>Pyro can defend the objective from the enemy team
>Outranged
>"Guess I'll die"

delete the game
there fixed it

Let Soldier equip Shotguns in his primary slot so I can go Shotgun+Banner

just run away nigger
pyro is supposed to be “ambush” class

this but remove pyro

Sniper just needs a lower skill floor. Hes annoying, but his real flaw is that his counter is a better sniper. Which means any shitter can't just go sniper and counter him, and you'll have to simply accept he will deal 150 damage from anywhere.

The only solutions are to make him easier to deal with and less powerful.
Or drastically lower the skill floor of counter-sniping.

Did you even read my post?

>keep spy since he does sniper's job but with some actual risk
>change sticky launcher to stop sticky spam

make headshots take longer to charge up to
i don't want to deal with bullshit lightning fast 180 degree turns and instantly get headshot

Lets make heavy med an even bigger pub stomp tactic! Fuck off faggot

>Balance isn't necessarilly about winning
how is it not? Getting frags is not the point of this game. If a class does not allow you to instantly steamroll the enemy its balanced
also blu probably win more because attackers just have more leeway.

>how is it not?

Casual balance is balanced around "fun". Competitive balanced is actually balanced around winning and the final score.
>also blu probably win more because attackers just have more leeway.

They're purposefully designed by valve to win more because what I just said. its in the commentary.

make it so you can't move when you are fully charged up, unless you're using the classic

>lets make the core duo the best tactic to win pubs

whats the problem?
Do you think we should nerf power classes because they're too powerful?

TF2 Classic when

No headshots until full charged would be a good start. Would force snipers to hard scope a lot more, which makes them a lot easier to counter.

Then buff the smg a bit so he can actually defend himself.

Spy can stay. His one-hits require more skill and don't feel as cheap (mostly).
Plus I feel that without him, medic and engie would be too powerful.

winning is fun
sniper is fun
random crits are fun
compfags deserve the noose

Sniper isn't fun, unless you think clicking really fast is fun.

who actually thinks sniper is fun lmao

Yeah taking 450 damage with no warning or counterplay is fucking fun, right?

having spacial awareness is an easy counter that non retards can use

I dont really play sniper much but yeah I think he is fun. Perfectly flicking on some spazzing retard is satisfying, especially on scouts.
Flanking snipers and watching them panic is also fun. You fuckers just want to suck the soul out of everything making it mundane

Yea Forums's kryptonite seems to be snipers and fighting games.
two things baddies hate.

any other character could fulfill sniper's supposed claim to promoting spatial awareness
>mundane
>says sniper is fun
You have bad taste

>clicking on enemies from far away is SOUL

naw but huntsman is kino.

>spacial awareness
doesn't apply when the sniper is on the otherside of the map hiding in a corner crouched down, and you're focussing on the enemies in your face and the spy about to backstab you.

Have it so that moving drains the charge meter when you're scoped in.
Then decrease charge rate across the board.
This means charging up to 450 damage is much more risky, and the sniper will need to be at some actual disadvantage to get his one-shots.

it's literally only the tf2 sniper, nobody cares about snipers in games like RO2 where it makes sense

how are you in a situation where you have to deal with 3 people at once?
why are you worried about the sniper and not the others?
why are you pushing in an exposed area?
why am i replying?

>Yea Forums's kryptonite seems to be comp fag shit that is based around muscle memory and memorizing shit

0 self awareness
if you're repetitive in a fighting game you already lost, anyone trying to memorize anything is a retard. it's about adapting

TF2 is casualshit, maybe that's why.

>not playing on servers with class restrictions during normal matches
wew

To balance sniper, i go pyro and just flame the fuck out my man's scooe until he switches class.

Custom community servers dont exist anymore.

>how are you in a situation where you have to deal with 3 people at once?
In video games like TEAM fortress 2 you are frequently fighting against another TEAM of players, and there are plenty of situations where one player is capable of defeating multiple enemies at once
>why are you worried about the sniper and not the others?
The sniper in tf2 possesses the ability to instantly kill any class in one click, making him a sort of long-distance threat. This is exemplified by his class name, Sniper. It is obvious that he is a concern especially at long range.
>why are you pushing in an exposed area?
all points and carts are "exposed" areas, as well as plenty of avenues to get to said objectives
>why am i replying
Great question, I don't have the answer to THAT but I'm going to venture a guess that you don't really think many things through.

Attached: smug raven.png (216x202, 97K)

The sniper is a pretty different class than all the others in tf2, so it makes sense that so many anons dislike him

more like
>dont let sniper instantly kill 5 out of the 9 classes in the game or take 75% or more of your health away because he sees you for .02 seconds
and
>fix spy's inconsistent backstab hit box and being able to abuse cl_interp to stab you from 40 feet away

>remove all the characters except soldier
>everyone uses the same character so it requires actual skill now
Oh wait, I'm talking about a better game my mistake

Attached: 1481043-untitled.png (300x412, 80K)

1) Give Heavy Soldier's banners
2) Give Pyro a 4th slot for jetpacks
3) Give Spy a grappling hook and personal wallhack tool in his sapper slot.

read it again, dummy

Attached: 1236566633.gif (250x195, 801K)

lol git gud

>how are you in a situation where you have to deal with 3 people at once?

Any map starts.
Red team shoots you.
Sniper from far away shoots you.
Spy uncloaks and stabs you.

or.

You fight any heavy medic combo.
Sniper exists.

>why are you worried about the sniper and not the others?
Do you not see the problem with this?
That You either eat 150 headshot damage, or get backstabbed, or die to the heavy in your face.

>why are you pushing in an exposed area?
Why do you think exposed areas with objectives on them don't exist?

>why am i replying?
I dunno you seem to have a lot of questions.

update when

scream fortress 2020: any user booting up the game October 31st thru November 13th receives the "Dubious nutsack" a pair of hanging wallnuts in a plaid sack visibly hanging from the player model. The item gains a hitbox when players join either pl_ballbust or koth_cumblast and the goal is to slap the other teams nuts. The player that has busted the most nuts receives the role of "ball-busting Brian" and is tasked with opening the portal to Merasmuses crib (koth_lakeside), where both teams are tasked with slapping Merasmuses nuts. the "Dubious nutsack" will reveal the number of times it has been busted throughout the event and depending of the height of that number will attain one of three qualities, being:
1) jock-strapped
2) railed
3) infertile
the tf team expects these qualities to have a significant impact on the social status of each player returning to the game. Jill being quoted saying: "keep a good eye on your nuts"

Attached: 1565656794724.png (772x598, 760K)

>remove all classes except pyro and scout
>scout is now female
>pyro is now futa
>only game mode and objective is for a team of pyros to gangrape a scout to death

TF2 is officially saved

Attached: howtosavetf2.jpg (1366x568, 85K)

that's just crazy enough to work

Attached: goodlord.jpg (478x351, 19K)

So basically prophunt but instead or props they get lewd model swaps

Lol, no one agrees. Your class has a low skill floor.

they can stay but medic needs to go

REVERT AMMO-KITS ON DEATH TO PULLING AMMO FROM DROPPED GUNS, KEEP THE PICK-UP/WEAPON TRADE SYSTEM