Xenoblade Thread

Fuck it

Let's have a Xeno Thread

Favorite game?
Favorite OST and track?
Favorite character?
X port for Switch when?
What do you expect from 3?

Attached: IMG_20190501_083656.jpg (1448x2048, 304K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EmUeqMnWmDY
youtube.com/watch?v=k9rtjYuloKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ogu9If3TdQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Melancholia
Hope
I WANT IT NAO
Edge
youtube.com/watch?v=EmUeqMnWmDY

Attached: Pyra vs Malos.webm (746x420, 2.69M)

X is the only good Xeno game

slut

Just cut out the middle man and fap to the doujins. At this point everyone knows it's just another waifu simulator.
I mean, they even hired a hentai artist to design the characters so there's his material too.

Been playing 2
Is it worth it to do the blade sidequests? I feel like they're going to add another 30 hours to the game

best girl

Attached: Pandoria.jpg (771x1410, 153K)

Have only played 2.
Torna battle music
The Zekenator
No, would rather play Shulk's game
No more cock teasing us, give us some deep Xeno lore, mix the religous themes of Gears with the psychological themes of Saga.

>Favorite game?
Hard to say, I'm very biased to XC2 because Nia is my wife for life. So I can't really be objective.

>Favorite OST and track?
XC1 & 2 have the best overall OST, but the best song is the Noctilum Day theme from XCX

>Favorite character?
Do I need to say it?

>X port for Switch when?
Maybe someday, but I feel like Monolith might be stretched thin enough as is, they did open up that new studio after XC2 made bank though...

>What do you expect from 3?
Tits and ass, robots, religious symbolism, and a giant world to explore.

Attached: Nia Perfect Small.jpg (1447x2046, 2.7M)

Attached: IMG_20190820_181918.jpg (1156x2048, 160K)

Normally this might feel like a shitpost, but I gotta agree with this one. The original felt pretty rough even for its time and 2 was both overcomplicated (in everything from UI to combat mechanics) and way too weeb-tier. All the embarassingly weeb webms and shit from the game actually represent it pretty accurately.

X
Melancholia
Elma
Never
More Monadology

Attached: tsukamoto youko (artist)-2015-02-15-a5a605385f092450551a0c3d91a45191.jpg (502x710, 211K)

>Favorite game?
It goes back and forth between 2 and 1 but right now it's 2.
>Favorite OST and track?
My favorite OST overall is 2. It's hard to choose one favorite track, but right now it's youtube.com/watch?v=k9rtjYuloKQ
>Favorite character?
Malos.
>X port for Switch when?
Not any time soon. Possibly never.
No idea what to expect in terms of plot and setting, but I'm hoping it'll bring back some of the little features that were in 1 but didn't make it to 2, like the town affinity chart, achievements (I know these were kind of folded in to the Blade affinity charts, but I wasn't a huge fan of that), and the collectopedia.
I'd like the voice clips when you talk to NPCs to come back, too.
Just do the sidequests for the ones you already like (unless you like Ursula, just ignore her quest either way). It isn't worth it to bother with the ones you don't care about.

Attached: 75481546_p0.png (1480x954, 1.01M)

XC2
toss up between Uncontrollable and You will Recall Our Names
Nia
Continuation of XC2. but its also a continuation of 1 cause their endings are both in the same world.

Attached: Nia profile cute.jpg (1516x1295, 836K)

Gears
Probably XB2 overall, but XG has more individual tracks I'd consider for favorite track. Like Small Two of Pieces because I'm a fucking sap.
Elly.
Never ever.
Hopefully something strong on its own merits, I don't want them doubling down too much on the end of XB2. More Zohar would be welcome though.

We don't need her! "OH LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME! Little goody two shoes.."

Attached: Metal_Face_pic.png (550x300, 243K)

I wish Face Nemesis had been around longer and done more. It's a great design.

Attached: 1525746023738.png (1366x768, 1.16M)

>Favorite game?
Xenoblade 1
>Favorite OST and track?
Xenoblade 2 and Leftheria's daytime theme
>Favorite character?
Krelian
>X port for Switch when?
Who knows?
>What do you expect from 3
A good mix of Torna and Xenoblade 1, hopefully. Oh, and a much better English dub.

Attached: elements.jpg (1000x750, 153K)

Egil's sister could've used something similar too

>Favorite game?
XC2, but I loved all the Blade games, and the all the Xenos for that matter
>Favorite OST and track?
Fonsa Myma Night, it's just... I don't have words to describe it youtube.com/watch?v=ogu9If3TdQI
>Favorite character?
Tora+Poppi, but I honestly loved the whole cast, they were so endearing. In XC1 I'll go with based Rikki. Guess I have a thing for Nopons.
>X port for Switch when?
If they ever announce a X2, otherwise never
>What do you expect from 3
Hopefully more Earkino from Kiyota, Haramatsu and ACE. Mitsuda as well, but it doesn't looks like he'll go back to huge OSTs involving a whole team to work with, as it's heavy work. Also, expecting Takahashi to go all Xeno out again as he did in XC2, and hopefully he'll keep his mindset and optimism, I liked the tone of the game. He wanted to make a game for his kids to feel hopeful with the world again, and it shows, as that's how I felt.

Attached: ECWTApLU4AUX5gn.jpg orig.jpg (2508x3541, 718K)

>Favorite game?
Xb2 seeing as it’s the only one I’ve played
>Favorite OST and track?
Don’t know the name but so far it’s the cat town/world regular song
>Favorite character?
Pyra so far
>X port for Switch when?
Idk
Hopefully something that’s as fun as 2 is being so far
Also when do I get better blades? So far all I’ve unlocked are the ugly ones with holes in their chest. I want some actual human looking ones like I see posted here or some cool beast like the tiger.

Yeah.
The second half of the plot felt like it could've been a good opportunity to have a few mechs on the side of the party, but all we got were the last stands of Gadolt and Egil and that one cutscene of the generic Face helping fight the Telethia.

>and that one cutscene of the generic Face helping fight the Telethia.
that might've been Xord

>Also when do I get better blades? So far all I’ve unlocked are the ugly ones with holes in their chest. I want some actual human looking ones like I see posted here or some cool beast like the tiger.
Just keep awakening whatever cores you find, you're guaranteed to get a unique eventually - there's a pity timer early on that means even if you get really unlucky, you'll get something after using a certain number of cores.
There are also some quests later on that get you special Blades, but I don't think any are available before chapter 4 or so.

>that might've been Xord
Didn't Xord roll into the ether river again and explode?

You'll get a guaranteed rare after opening 20 common cores if you didn't get one by then. Then, your second guaranteed comes at 30 more cores I think, and then the third comes at 40 mores if I'm not mistaken (basically, it increases a bit each time). Once you have those 3, the rest is based on your own luck. But also on the luck stat of your character, and the quality of the core crystal (common, rare, legendary). So basically, get your 3 first pity Blades as soon as you can by opening your common cores, and once you have those 3 Blades, just keep stocking up all your cores until you're like chapter 5 or so, and open them. With your luck stat higher, you should be able to get Rare Blades a bit more easily. Keep in mind you also have Blades you can obtain by quests. And the Story gives you the best Blades anyway.

Attached: ECVEbHrUEAAzYN9.jpg orig.jpg (932x1280, 127K)

do mommy blades produce milkies?

Also newfriends tips, keep this on a note or something:

-Screencap tutorials because there isn't a reasonable way to view them again.
-Rex automatically gets fantastic blades so you don't need to give him much Blades from the gacha (but give him 2 or 3 good Blades)
-Use Pouch Items as much as possible, especially the ones that lets you recharge your Arts faster. Makes the flow of the battle better.
-On skill trees, you will see an ability unlock "Cancel a driver art with another driver art". It's imperative that you unlock this ASAP because it boosts the flow of battle tremendously.
-Also get the 3 skills that lets you start a battle with the Art already charged on the X, Y and B buttons
-Understand the Attack Cancelling mechanic, as it makes the flow of the battle better by recharging Arts quickly
-Swapping blades refills their arts palette.
-You can combo into and out of swapping blades.
-Most enemies will aggro you if you aren't 8 levels above them. And look at your environment before taking a step in the wild, or you could get your ass raped by a Gorilla 80 levels over you. But the game don't punish you for exploring, so don't be afraid to do it.
-Don't use too much bonus XP at inns unless you really need to because it can completely trivialize the game.
-Focus on the Driver Combo of Break > Topple > Launch > Smash when they will be introduced. The sooner you can understand this set up, the better.
-You can raise trust between a Driver and their Blade by repeatedly using pouch items over and over again. It costs money, but later in the game money is a non-issue.
-Raising trust with your Blade is needed to unlock the Blade's skill tree in most cases.
-Don't waste protocol overdrives. Especially on common blades. The game only gives you a few.
-DON'T kill the little Arduran in Torigoth until you feed it to Lv.99. He'll become the best Legendary Cores farming spot.

Attached: 75398649_p2.jpg (2087x3508, 1.1M)

So what is everyones predictions for Monolith Softs next IP? From what it sounds it's a fantasy action game with the possibility of mechs. Hopefully something unique. Pure medieval fantasy has been done to death.

Absolutely. Milk Rice balls.

Attached: D8mceydUwAEjPuP.jpg orig Mommy Vess.jpg (1300x1700, 358K)

>Rice balls
d u m p l i n g s

>Favorite game?
Blade 2
>Favorite OST and track?
Super hard to choose for me, sometimes I'm feeling more towards XB2, sometimes I'm jamming out to some saga tracks like they're my favourites
>Favorite character?
Grahf
>X port for Switch when?
I hope they do it SOMEday, I feel like the switch and more online capabilities would be nice for XBX
Something different from 1 and 2, I kind of want each of them being their own thing in terms of artstyle and tone.
Also drop the pseudo MMO battle system and go full action.

Attached: 1537064687608.jpg (1053x1100, 612K)

Will they ever port 1 and X over to the Switch?

The number of likely Xenoblade 2-first babies on here is kind of disheartening. Is this how the FE fandom felt about the Awakening first crowd?

Did we see the body blow apart?

He could've gotten a repair

I wish it were full blown space opera like Xenosaga. We basically don't have space opera jrpgs. But I'm a scififag, so yeah.

Attached: 74642577_p0.jpg (2508x3541, 2.81M)

yes

Phantasy Star says "Hi." and disappears into the background.

At least play 1, 2, and 4 if you can stand old games.

>The biggest selling game in a franchise is also many people's first game
Big fucking surprise here, go whine somewhere else

>Muh dick

Attached: skindentation.jpg (205x209, 17K)

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 3cd.gif (304x270, 829K)

This is where the dreams of Men are born

Attached: DSC08436.jpg (1500x1000, 304K)

But it's so much more shamelessly schlocky than previous games in the series and it's attracted a younger and more annoying following than previous games in the series.

oh boy, here we go again

Attached: 1523562766683.png (500x380, 228K)

>Favorite game
Can never choose between XC1 or 2.
>Favorite OST and track?
XC2. Hard choice, right now it’s Praetor Amalthus - The Acting God.
>Favorite character
Malos
>X port for Switch
Already played it, don’t care.
Something gritty

>Favorite game?
I only played Xenogears, so Xenoblade 1
>Favorite OST and track?
I only played Xenogears, so You Will Know Our Names
>Favorite character?
I only played Xenogears, so Reyn
>X port for Switch when?
I only played Xenogears, so never ever
I only played Xenogears, so tits

Will do guys. Thanks. Definitely tired of having those common ones. So put two of the actual human ones on Rex right? Or should I do it for Nia? Also what are those boost things that appear when you summon?

Definitely put some Blades on Nia, yes. And 2 or 3 to Rex should suffice. As for boosters, they're used to make the probabilities shift a bit to a certain type, so you can get a Blade of said type. I didn't bother with them, personnaly, they're not usefull

Attached: 1565672163115.jpg (1448x2048, 437K)

You don't have to worry about strictly restricting yourself to a specific number on Rex. That's just a warning to prevent people from making the mistake going absolutely all-in on him with every single core they get, since it leads to him having a bunch of redundant blades that are generally outclassed by some of the OP stuff he gets later on in the story, and leaves the other party members with relatively few options.
The game gives you items called Overdrive Protocals that are supposed to help remedy this by letting you transfer blades from one party member to another, but they're one use and you get only like five of them total before postgame - so people tended to get frustrated in the late game when Rex had way more than he needed, but they didn't have enough overdrives left to make the transfers they wanted. That advice is meant to help prevent scenarios like that
TL;DR: Open cores on whoever you feel needs more options at the time, as long as you aren't using absolutely everything on Rex you're fine.

He is gone, all is cool now.

Attached: IMG_20190818_174240.jpg (900x836, 149K)

Damage stance

Attached: IMG_20190820_174927.jpg (1452x1452, 394K)

>As for boosters, they're used to make the probabilities shift a bit to a certain type
They increase the odds of getting Blades with certain elements, but not by much. Not all that useful.
Bravery = Fire & Water
Truth = Wind & Ice
Compassion = Earth & Electric
Justice = Light & Dark

Attached: IMG_20190820_174929.jpg (1452x1452, 463K)

What were they thinking

Attached: IMG_20190818_195355.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

Miis

Attached: IMG_20190818_195356.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

Cake Pneuma.

Attached: pneuma (xenoblade (series) and etc) drawn by marfrey - 30cfe0a289f238f078b7643b37474a42.png (653x900, 909K)

>Released too late to be in smash.
Dammit.

Smash 5 or second fighter pass will be the day

What would a Pyra/Mythra Mii look like?

persona 5 came out around the same time though what the fuck

In usa, it was already out in japan a full year before.

Attached: niyah and niyah (xenoblade (series) and etc) drawn by 2v 26 - 033614834c18326885948e7bb66db291.jpg (1060x1500, 292K)

>Get all the Blades Affinity charts maxed out up to World tree
>Finally ready to continue main quest
>Realize fucking Nia is a Blade too
>Havent touched her Affinity chart one bit
FUCK!

Oh, well that makes some sense then

There's still FE: Fates though, same case but it was only 3 months old wasn't it?

Similar thing happened to me, except I was in NG+. Had every single Blade at S+ (and 20+ commons at S) while poor Nia was still A or B.

Alright. No problem, any more tips? Blades don’t matter who they’re on right? Any strong blades besides story ones?

All the DLC one, KOSMOS, Zenobia

>2
>Argentum Trading Guild
>really entering the Praxis right now, love her "caring wholesome bimbo" NA voice and also her water balloons but otherwise, Rex is a likeable character with agency.
>Why tf now
>Maybe the civilisation that made the Conduit? It did provide the titular Xenoblades for both 1 and 2. Was it already covered extensively in 1? It was only mentioned toward endgame of 2.

Attached: 1566065751690m.jpg (715x1024, 99K)

*not. Why tf not. As in, why tf not for the switch port, I'd love it to arrive on the switch.

Tell me your xenoblade spin off idea

Attached: 1563588504054.jpg (474x1328, 129K)

Gameplay is meh, characters are cool, sidequests are boring, world is beautiful, the story is fucking awful, and the waifus are cringe. You cannot argue against this.

Attached: jokerfanta.png (739x850, 207K)

you play as Mumkhar in an IF setting, kill the protags, and everyone that gets in your way

it'd be hack n' slash

Persona 5 has a total of 40 hours of cutscenes and 20 hours of gameplay

Xenoblade has a total of 10 hours of cutscenes, and 50 hours of gameplay.

You can check this by looking at the longplays and the cutscene compliation videos.

Basically, this is a thread for video games, get off this board Personabrat.

Is it wrong if I kinda like Rex’s en va?

STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE
*dabs*

If you like the power of friendship, yeah

As long you don't also blind yourself to his shortcomings, nah. I like him well enough.

Attached: The Riki Gervaipon Show.jpg (1857x1393, 385K)

Attached: EAklYNSXkAAiNEl.jpg (1400x760, 209K)

Kinda wish we got another dlc to see how could his voice actor improves like mythra in torna

I've personally grown to like all the va's in the dub I just feel like they should've let them take their time and not rush them through their lines without even letting them see the cutscenes

Is it worth overdriving KOS-MOS to Rex for NG+ until I get Zeke back in the party?

Attached: 1513266533635.jpg (480x480, 45K)

>Favorite game?
X
>Favorite OST and track?
Valak (night), Oblivia (day), Tantal (both). Overall, I prefer X's OST, but they're all good.
>Favorite character?
Reyn, Doug and Poppi.
>X port for Switch when?
Never.
For it to come after X2, hopefully.

No, starting with Pneuma is practically all you'll ever need on Rex in NG+ until you get your Master Driver powers back, and if it's not enough for you, you can just switch him out for Morag in Chapter 4, which is coincidentally also when you get QTpi back on Tora so he can act as your DPS.