Remnant From the Ashes

What do you guys think of it? It's getting nice positive reviews

Attached: 1remnant.jpg (900x900, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Criw3PkS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Surprisingly enjoying it so far, 5 hours in. Even the quicker melee weapons feel great to use, especially the sword-likes with the quick running poke. I was even surprised that there's both light and heavy attacks on top of running and dodge attacks.

The thing i feel the combat flow really needs is some sort of a post-dodge quick fire attack a-la bloodborne.

Attached: 1559184057024.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

Games a little jank and cant confirm but FUCK the gunslingers first boss fight
Getting to the jackals was cool though

What's her problem?
Daddy issues?

Attached: 1556066274966.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

She realizes she's in a video game

>literal apocalypse
>omg y u so grumpy live a little

The world got fucking apocalypsed by an evil tree, dude. We can't all be as upbeat and positive about it like Reggie can.

She needs some good dick is all

Is McCabe her name or is is a joke? Dialogue looks like Yes/No/More Info, is there any character to the protag?

For a game that's supposed to have some kind of replayability there sure as fuck isn't any replayability. There's absolutely no reason to keep playing once you beat it.

She wants to get pregnant

I disagree, i still haven't gotten all the items

But was it fun?

Just a silent chosen one as far as I've seen, but I've only made it to the first world after earth.

this is finally it Yea Forums, i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>epstien shit has me freaking out
>just lost 3k in stocks
>family wants to kill me
>keep hearing niggers and homos giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

>inb4 go out in a blaze of glory
No, not going to ruin other peoples lives.
>inb4 why dont you make your own thread
ISP is blocked or some shit. so just posting this in first thread i see.
>inb4 is there anything i can do to change your mind
Nope, its Happening.

stream URL and quick rundown:
pastebin.com/Criw3PkS

See you all soon.
~Aktos

Attached: 1564536673321.png (569x427, 334K)

Which is a complete waste of time since there's no reason to have them. There's no content you need the items you don't have for. You've beat the game. Subsequent playthroughs might have different layouts, but they're the same.

It lacked any sort of depth or customizability for me to actually become engaged. The gunplay was well tuned to feel responsive and fast, but there was almost no reason to push yourself to use it maximally.

It's a video game, there's no reason to play it in the first place. It's all a waste of time.
What did you play the game to experience the narrative?

Mediocre. Sometimes the gunplay feels good but the levels are fairly boring outside of a handful of dungeons. Bosses are terrible and make even the worst Souls bosses look good in comparison. I'm actually tempted to play Surge and Lords of the Fallen to see if those clones have better bosses in comparison. I played solo but I'm sure this game is much better as a coop loot shooter than for someone looking for a Souls experience.

The game also has a general now.

You're not listening. The game has no replayability which is not saying the game has no playability. You literally don't need any more items once you beat the game since there's nothing left to do.

Great, it's dead now

Looks like a third person destiny clone. So a division clone. Is it any good?

Its a bad game that could have been good if the devs weren't so lazy/retarded.

Installing now, will let you know.

Attached: 1447978316483.jpg (600x600, 65K)

If this game had actual loot it might be different since the loot treadmill is a time tested way to get players engaged and let them explore different ways to play.

What do you lose when you die? is there a meta currency ala dark souls that you have to recover?

I'm replaying it in order to collect all the items, ergo it must have some sort of replayability.
You are unable to find this appealing and are instead saying it has no replayability whatsoever when it just doesn't have the type of replayability that you're looking for

I feel like I got the worst RNG. I fought the sword boss as the first one and only got a mod for reducing damage out of it. Then I fought the dragon and got just another SMG. Then the dungeon with the health drain debuff in the desert gave me a melee weapon. I'm still mostly using a shotgun and the revolver.

Fuck off, fag. The game just came out today. There's no reason to try to kill interest by shunting discussion to that cesspit this early.

Attached: 1542475496743.png (634x476, 229K)

That's a completionist mindset and being forced to replay the game to scratch that itch is not categorized as replayability. There needs to be an independent motivating factor outside of autism in order for a game to be worth playing through a second time or more. You are talking out of your ass.

The game improved a lot playing it with friends , it also sort of fixed one of the main problems with the bosses (every boss having random adds all the time) since we could share responsibilities.

I played about 3 hours alone and convinced my friend to buy it and had a blast in coop the rest of the game.

We all beat the game last weekend though

That's an arbitrary definition of replayability that i refuse to use myself. Good day sir

The game genuinely seems horrible from the footage I've seen but I still kinda wanna get it because I'm a Souls retard and the only one I haven't beat, or played much, is LOTF because it's literally shit

Thats not replayability and you know it.

yeah
you lose your precious time that's never coming back
play a better game

You are the one compelling yourself to play the game more. The game is not compelling you to do this through design. There are no rewards to be gained through subsequent playthroughs, or alternative ways to play. As far as games that can be replayed are concerned, this game falls far short of what it attempts to do. Going back and picking up shit you missed isn't replayability. Missing those things because the developers chose to make it impossible to see 100% of the content before beating the final boss doesn't qualify as the game having replayability. There needs to be more.

Who the fuck cares she gives me boss weapons

Attached: medium.jpg (342x500, 18K)

So i just freed the character that upgrades the estus flask and by the way she spoke i thought i would already have the materials to upgrade it once.

But i had 11 crystals (need 10) but also need a simulacrum. Where do i get those? did i miss some already?

It just seemed like the game expected me to improved the dragon heart once already

I watched Bahroo and Cohh play it and feel like I've seen all of the bosses even with RNG, am I wrong?
also it looks fucking horrible and every enemy is the same in normal encounters

if you played Immortal Unchained (also souls with guns) this will actually feel like a good game in comparison

Play Nightmare on Lv1, badass

What is it about pressing a play button the first place that is compelling. By that initial notion a game where you just click the button to start it has replayability as long as the button is enticing or compelling enough.
You're looking for a meta game but that does not mean you're looking for replayability

I enjoyed my time with LoTF despite it not being too great and i cant wait for them to make another one. Fite me

Attached: LordsF610.jpg (610x343, 73K)

I just wish the bosses weren't so fucking underwhelming, they aren't even hard, just completely bland

Attached: 1454393470844.jpg (548x416, 48K)

Every run has different bosses. Not sure why you want to play a Souls game lite if you don't want bosses
It's basically a giant chalice dungeon each playthrough

Simulacrums can be hidden anywhere in a single world, whether it be in the overworld or in a dungeon.

Lords of the Fallen is worse than this game and you'll see that after about 10 minutes of playing it and how it controls...never played Surge but 2 looks good and most people are saying it fixes all the issues the first had

And I'm telling you that your threshold for what is replayable is extremely shallow. You're succumbing to your autistic craving to collect all items despite there being nothing new to see or do in the game for 10-20 hours or however long it's going to take you to finally get lucky and encounter that fight you haven't seen yet so you can get yet another weapon you don't need and won't use.

I'm aware of what the game is. It's not enough.

Sounds like you fight having a good life already if you enjoyed that shit. It's almost unplayable and not even in the meme sense

How have you seen everything in one playthrough if you've only fought 1/5 of the bosses?

So they are just laying in the ground like other drops? with a beam of light marking them or are they hidden?

Mediocre game. Just another boring cashgrab

i don't disagree, but if we're going to say something doesn't have any replayability then we need to use the shallowest definition possible. The fact the people can speedrun the game means that in theory it has replayability, although that is outside the game itself.
The fact that on some level the game and its campaign does have randomized elements means that it does have infinite replayability because of the usage of shallow definitions

one playthrough has more than half. and most of the bosses are just elite mob + extra hp + random modifier + infinite adds

Yes.

>western soulslike shooty bang bang with bland looking enemies and areas
>character always talks like: ''wew its over''
>friend tries to make me buy it to play

sometimes you just gotta say no

Attached: no.jpg (500x320, 24K)

The game is far from perfect but if you are lucky enough to have 1 or 2 mates interested in these kind of games you are gonna enjoy your time with this game.

That said nobody would blame people if they waited for it to be on sale , the game is a bit shallow for 40 bucks.

does this game have rpg elements and loot or is it just shooting

Define RPG elements

stats to upgrade, perks/skills/abilities to unlock?

You gain levels that you can apply on up to 8 diff stats (you start with 3 but discover more during the game through quests and such) those are all passive bonuses.

Then you can upgrade the weapons in power and can apply a "mod" to your 2 fire weapons that give different effects.

So while there is a bit more than shooty shooty its not that much

>The fact the people can speedrun the game means that in theory it has replayability
This is your argument?
>on some level the game and its campaign does have randomized elements means that it does have infinite replayability
Dude. You're spewing your bullshit into the ether. You need to come up with a fucking argument that is going to convince me otherwise, not the asinine justification you tell yourself. There's a gulf of difference between the two, and if you don't have what it takes to come up with something actually convincing then shut the fuck up. The game has no replayability for me and many people who have played through it. This is a disappointing contrast because the game COULD have had a lot of replayability with some minor changes, but it feels like they fell short right in front of the finish line to make it actually engaging for multiple playthroughs.

just pirate it

Game is too short, too simple and too linear. I can see the review score easily dropping to 75% in a few weeks.
Worth a pirate I guess if you have friends to play with (steamfix).

I'm not trying to convince you that the game has replayability, i'm trying to convince you the game doesn't not have replayability.
I can't dissuade you from thinking it's not replayable because it doesn't have meta game elements, but at the very least i can get you to believe there's more to replayability than that.

there's like 30-40 traits not 8

Feels like a discount warframe

replayability comes from how much you like the game, it's not objective.

You're failing to do this. I've explained to you why the necessity of playing through the game multiple times to get a chance at collecting all of the items becomes meaningless when clearly you don't need those items for anything since you've beaten everything the game has to actually offer regarding challenge with the items you already have. Do you understand?

upgrading your gun doesn't take a day, it's nothing like warframe

I just found my Eight and it seemed to me like you can only have 8 active thats what i meant to say , but yeah i assumed there are more hidden but meant to say that you pick 9 from the ones you have discovered for your "build".

You're failing to see it from other peoples perspectives and are still making universal statements that in reality can only be made from your own perspective.
i think you might be autistic user

I bought it with my refunded garbo unusuals from the crate depression. It's fun so far, but I dont have a clue what the fuck is going on.

Wrong, you ESL fuckwit. If the game has no intentionally designed and programmed reasons to continue playing or play again then the game has no replayability. Your desire to play through the game again despite this is irrelevant when discussing if the game itself has replayability.

play the game again but on harder difficulty
there you go, now you need them

I'm not making universal statements. I'm stating my fucking opinion. You took issue with it like you could change my opinion without a fucking argument, and here you are complaining that you can't change my god damned mind with your weak bullshit.

you pick as many as you want
in fact just discovering a trait gives you level 1 in it

No you don't, you fucking moron. Don't reply to me and expect to be taken seriously if you're not going to put any fucking effort into your typing, you uneducated urchin.

it's ok to be wrong

lmao epic btfo

You can beat the game on the hardest difficulty on your first playthrough. Retard.

your proofs?

The game allows it. That's the proof.

no game is replayable. I beat story mode in street fighter in like 2 hours why would I touch it ever again?

This statement wholly asserts that the game has to replayability. It doesn't state that you don't think it has any replayability, it doesn't bring in any matter of opinion. It states and that's it.
Maybe you should state things as opinions and realize what you're saying

been playing with friends and been getting heavt dark souls x metro x stalker vibes from it and I love it

Attached: 8d3.png (437x435, 26K)

no proofs, ok

my streamer is doing it Pog

>Maybe you should state things as opinions
Maybe if you developed legitimate opinions of your own you wouldn't perceive the opinions people say as them making absolute statements. Obviously everything I say if a fucking opinion and I'm speaking for myself. This shouldn't need to be fucking explained to you, you braindead idiot.

You being total shit at games doesn't give games replayability. You should be ashamed of yourself for acting like a crutch is a necessity.

If everything you say is just your opinion then there's really no reason for anyone to interact with you at all

it should take you 2 seconds to prove you've done it

I fucking loved Witcher 3 but there's absolutely no point in playing it after you've beaten it, this can happen to any game

Then practice what you fucking preach and stop getting bent out of shape when someone's opinion doesn't align with yours. You're the one that felt the urge to try and change my mind without good enough reasons to actually accomplish it. You failed.

You should read what the fuck I type, ESL.

>You can beat the game on the hardest difficulty on your first playthrough
The word "can" is the most important word in this sentence.

Says the person making universal statements and trying to pass them off as opinion afterwards.
Keep your opinions to yourself so i don't have to thoroughly mop you

You didn't change my opinion. Tell your story walking, faggot.

>one of the minibosses spawns in
>*cue the infinite adds*
why is this allowed?

Only thing I sort of don't like is bosses having two different ways of killing them and each way giving different items, meaning if I don't like what I got, I could have potentially had something better

It's a blessing if they drop ammo, it's a curse if they don't

Ammo drops.

Infinite adds should be disabled when you're playing solo

How do i let random players join my world as a host? New to this kind of play style.

just start a public game

Completely soulless.

What does it mean to have "soul?"

>Going down into the basement of the hub world and reading the terminals

Attached: 1515997417811.png (461x310, 96K)

It's disgusting when you pop hunter's mark and can see an entire group just appear out of normal vision

I just found out this game existed a bit ago, but I'm tempted to pick it up. Really like the art style which reminds me of Darkstalkers.

Is this a story-focused progression game with optional co-op, or is it Left 4 Deadish?

The former. Don't expect a good story, though.

Is it actually an RPG or an """RPG"""? Is this something I can enjoy by myself and it's only better with friends, or is it only good with friends?

Defiler or lost harpoon from harrow?

Attached: 0A34BCCA-5603-4C13-9781-143146E9A66E.jpg (256x256, 14K)

Coop is optional, the story isn't really that relevant. It's simply there to give you a reason to go from one area to the next pretty much like Diablo or Path of Exile.

It's like an ARPG but not an RPG. Everything RPG about this game is stat progression.

The former. There's stats, different equipment such as weapons, trinkets, amd armor. it's more like a roguelike but you keep your shit.

So is there any real endgame content? I have seen a lot of people complain about it. Have the devs said anything about future content or expansions?

>crossbow miniboss
>just aim at his fucking bolt and explode it before he fires it
Any other weak points?

Attached: 1540130988106.png (750x731, 531K)

Once you beat it on nightmare you're pretty much done.
Good luck with that, though. Nightmare is fucking HARD and you'll need to grind normal/hard to get a good enough build

HOW DO I RELIABLY KILL DUAL SWORD NIGGAS I KEEP GETTING SHANKED

Attached: 1515985182836.png (416x577, 262K)

Is there any loot in this or will i just keep upgrading my current stuff till the end? Do the bosses drop something? I'm 5 hours in and the only thing i ever got dropped was a helmet from a normal enemy, the 3 bosses i beat didn't drop shit.

They do drop shit. You have to go to the mechanic and she will craft their stuff for you.

Will I like it if I don't really like Souls games? It doesn't look that much like Souls to me but everyone is making the comparison (like usual)

Thought it was going to be that boring uninspired red/gray city and subway area for the entire game. Thank god I was wrong, this game is surprisingly really good.

A couple of friends are trying to convince me to buy the game with them.
On one hand, I'm a big fan of old west style weapons and aesthetics, but the game seems really average in all ways. Does the co-op help the game much or is the game balanced around single player?

Built around co op

All my friends just play the same game for 2,000 hours for years. Wish I had someone reliable co-op friends to play new games with.

Is this game worth the pirate?

yea

So by accident I got the geode for the Defiler. I did this because I discovered a bug where the seed caller summons will trap the boss if he is trying to escape and will just beat the shit out of him while you shoot him to charge more summons

Why do people dislike that game? I had it in my wishlist for ages.

Any Magnum bros?

Attached: Magnum.webm (1244x700, 2.9M)

user, you need to activate your copy of Windows

Never again, fuckers de-activated the two physical copies I purchased.

Attached: Leech + Seed Caller.webm (532x300, 2.94M)

the inability to hip fire your gun really sucks

Started my second playthrough
Everything is two shotting me on hard
Love it!

Attached: Remnant-Win64-Shipping 8-20-2019 6-36-46 PM-147.png (1920x1080, 2.75M)

It kinda of does, but it's okay. Though that video was more about the little fuzzies giving me HP.

Attached: Gorefist.webm (888x500, 2.86M)

So this game is only fun with co-op? Or are people overreacting

I've played a fair amount of single player and it's enjoyable, co-op is just fun because you get to see idiots die.

Attached: Remnant-Singe.webm (1084x500, 2.7M)

path notes

It pretends to be a shooter but it's lockon based and you do no damage unless shooting enemy at the back. But if you get behind an enemy(even a boss), you can stunlock them to death without trying.

Enemies don't have that problem, and they like to snipe you with lasers that bend towards you in the air. They also come in dark souls 2 numbers
-

this game does not look that fun

Why are there so many cutscenes

>bland looking enemies and areas
lol no

Wait for opening and delet their faces with shotgun.

looks a little moe like god of war 4 than dark souls

Attached: 1559976450148.png (1500x3000, 2.83M)

Honedtly, if feels like re4 meets new god of war.

I haven’t had one since tutorial but I’m also still exploring rohm. Where are the others?

>some streamfag 2 shots the same adds you need 4 shots to with the same weapon because of gear scaling
Fucking hell

Whoa, it's over

Huh

Whew, that was rough.

Having a goal to simply 'kill, loot, grind' will leave you feeling hollow. It's about the journey and then presumably 3-manning different bosses.

Attached: locust2.jpg (645x500, 45K)

Which starts are better to max first?
I heard someone say maxing Scrap collection is great.
Are there any mods/weapons to stay away from?
I've got the Fire Shotgun +3 and the Repeating Pistol +2 with a mod that summons a plant that takes aggro.
I'm very new plz be gentle.

Attached: 1565943547634.png (698x701, 600K)

Man that jungle siege was annoying. Fast shooting enemies that spawn all around you and they blend in the background.

I get more operation raccoon city vibes if anything re related

Jv

>go through a sub area
>kill a boss that gives me a mediocre mod
>unlock an area where I fight a few hearts that spawn enemies and get an ok ring
Was a little underwhelming when the path just ended there. I feel like more weapon or armor drops would add to it quite a bit

I like the game, but the patch they deployed won't install and I can't play. Apparently, it's also corrupting some players' saves. So...yeah...

As an aside, when I got to the Eternal King and he asked me to get the heart, I accidentally said yes and Alt-F4'd as soon as I did. Anyone know if I'll be able to change my choice when I come back in? That guy's a faggot and I want his shit.

just wait if you run into re-animator boss where you get to kill 5 teleporting enemies per second while destroying pillar that has tons of hp

Elder Knowledge is the first skill you should max if you plan on using the character for more than one playthrough. Scrap collection isn't really that important unless you constantly buy and upgrade new weapons. The SMG is supposedly not that good but most weapons are decent. They also nerfed The Ruin on release so it's not the best in slot assault rifle anymore although it's still a good weapon.