Discussions between Disney & Sony for acquiring Spider-Man are ongoing

It has begun Yea Forums, say goodbye to Spider-Man games

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-20 Marvel Stuff on Twitter.png (659x577, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/sne-stock
finance.yahoo.com/quote/SNE/
youtu.be/kCd6HLNW3MQ
twitter.com/IGN/status/1163906622655225856
wegotthiscovered.com/movies/spiderman-stay-mcu-negotiations-reportedly-continue/
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ5dwtRxI0Q
youtu.be/9dt8maD3FXE
tvrev.com/what-if-disney-just-buys-sony-for-the-hardware-and-spider-man/
twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1163921084376395777
.twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1163870974170714112
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is awful
just plain fucking STUPID
doesn't Sony know that the MCU is doomed without Spider-man now that iron-man, thor and captain america have been retired!? FUCK THIS COMPANY!
#boycottsony

Attached: 1552684920963.jpg (3992x2659, 1.51M)

Sony is fucked now that Disney completely owns Spider-Man, they will cancel the video game series to spite Sony. Sony is literally fucked & they have no games left

Microsoft and Nintendo have next gen in the bag.

>Sony is fucked now that Disney completely owns Spider-Man, they will cancel the video game series to spite Sony.
Sony was winning this gen before spiderman came out you know, in the other gens they won there was no relevant spiderman game

It's funny because Sony is publishing an Iron Man game this year. Marvel Games and Marvel Studios aren't the same entity.

rip

Attached: 742448smhma-650x433.jpg (650x433, 39K)

VENOM CHADS RISE UP

Attached: 1566333389621.jpg (452x498, 55K)

now that based sony has ruined the mcu, will there be a new era of hollywood kino?

wtf sonybros, right after they acquired insomniac too

This shit again

Attached: 1403352114455.jpg (393x281, 62K)

I bet Marvel is getting reedy for a X men Reboot in the MCU.
Dead-pool is probably also gonna be added to the MCU just like that no continuity and universe explanation he just makes 1 joke about it how he is now one of the big boys.

Attached: mv5bmdgxmjm3ntatntc2zc00mmy2ltkwmgqtmzu4zdaymzc2ztnmxkeyxkfqcgdeqxvyndg2mjuxnjm._v1_sx1777_cr0017777 (1200x680, 98K)

Sony Interactive Entertainment and Disney's games will not be affected by Sony Pictures Entertainment pulling out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

So what you're saying is that the PS4 will surpass the PS2 in sales and TLOU is going to be the first 100 game on Metacritic?

because they were in good terms with them before this.
Disney Marvel is petty as HELL , just look what they did with Xmen/FF before they got the rights back.

Spiderman 2 100% is going to be multiplat and a different dev

This won't affect the game, the film division and other parts of marvel are separated and ran by different people

Kevin Feige has nothing to do with Playstation Spidey

What kinda moron went to the trouble of making this image?

>a different dev
Yikes, i can't see this working out well

the only good thing that might come out of this is a continuation to spectacular spiderman
spiderman 3 and amazing sm films are awful and venom is shit, no hope whatsoever in that regard

Does he really dab in the movie?

Attached: 1565983438983.jpg (960x960, 43K)

Deadpool could probably hop between universes somehow.

Maybe doctor strange will meet him and bring him back.

Disney will literally cancel the PS4 exclusives & make Spider-Man third party games. Sony is completely screwed now, their stocks took a massive nosedive after news of Spider-Man potentially leaving the MCU

Nah, sony TV gave up rights to spider-man cartoons back to marvel. Seperate from movie rights

The more important is if we're going to get a daredevil season 4 on Disney+, and as a bonus a small Tom Holland spidey cameo in a future season of DD.
If not, FUCK DISNEY, FUCK THE MOUSE, and FUCK Netflix for not picking up the show again

based tom hardy
no

Worse, he's gay for Brock

Yeah goodbye Spiderman games, hello Spiderman LUDO

Keep dreaming. Marvel already the future of Spider-Man games is with Insomniac, and guess who owns Insomniac?

Disney owns the rights to everything related to Spider-Man except the movies. There will be no more Spider-Man games anymore if they don't buy Sony pictures

>talking about past
>contract was only for one game
yeah nah lol shit is fucked , i tell you this as someone who loved the ps4 game

I never understood how people can actually like these shitty mcu spiderman films so much to start a boycott, like the films suck dude and spiderman has never been any more pathetic

Is it really gay when he had tits at the time?

>Disney will literally cancel the PS4 exclusives
They literally won't, dumbass. Sony makes Disney too much money for them to cancel on a dime.

Why are you pretending ps4 needs spiderman when it was dabbing on every other system before that game came out?

Who owns the Spider-man merchandise rights, that also includes video game? Hint: it's not Sony.

I dunno about that. He was pretty pathetic in asm.

>in the other gens they won there was no relevant spiderman game
Sony has literally never won a gen besides this one if you look at things in terms of profit
I don't want to hear about how they won because their plastic toy sold more than another one

>their stocks took a massive nosedive after news of Spider-Man potentially leaving the MCU
markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/sne-stock
finance.yahoo.com/quote/SNE/
???

How did sony get spiderman exclusive in the first place? They will do the same now that they own insomniac

>this is how Bernie can still win

Ayo dis racist n shiet
We don need no whyboi Spiderman yo
We got our faggot spic nigga MILES to
Fuck yo whyboi twink Sony!

Attached: 1566247973959.gif (400x273, 477K)

>Thor is retired
Good job. I honestly don't see how Sony sees this as a good idea. People went to see Spider-Man as part of the MCU. This is going to end badly for Sony.

C O P E

Attached: A01437AA-70C6-4C6C-96F4-FD5A6907B9FF.jpg (1080x581, 90K)

>I bet Marvel is getting reedy for a X men Reboot in the MCU.
Not for now and they're saving it later, Fantastic Four are in the MCU.

he's even worse in these, his whole being is so reliant on ironman its fucking cringe, spiderman was never meant to be this cucked

fuck off with that console warrior nonsense
I am talking about the chances sPIDY 2 is not multiplat are zero also no insomniac because its 1st party

>if you ignore this metric then Sony never won
pathetic

Why are Sony trannies moving the goalpost?
God, it'd be so sweet if they did an enhanced port of that SpiderMan game with a different dev.
Just to see the tears of all the Sony fans that browse resetera.

MCU Aunt May will never get a scene like this. Instead she's reduced to "peter aunt but she hot xD"
youtu.be/kCd6HLNW3MQ

Attached: 1545556457040m.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

>Spider-Man 2 won't happen!!

God, I love seeing this board get BTFO.

Sony has no franchises worth a billion dollars except Gran Turismo, which is already dead. All Microsoft would have to do is buy Rockstar & EA, and Sony's gaming division would go out of business

Because MCU is finished, nobody cares about the other players now

>shipped
fixed that one famalam

>all these normalfags fucking S E E T H I N G
not a sonyfag but this times I'll say
BASED SONY

Attached: 1564774266684.jpg (480x600, 22K)

are you really triggered that hard by seeing black people?

damn, you know the switch drought is getting bad when Yea Forums is this scared of spider-man 2 before it's even been announced.

The spiderman movie rights are owned by Sony, dunno if that has any bearing though.

>Sony is the only one fighting the Mr Monopoly Mouse
Based

>Venom made by Sony
>It's a fun movie that anyone can enjoy
>Protagonist is a chad
>Spider-Man Homecoming by Marvel Studios
>SJW crap filled with diversity that raped the SM lore
>Protagonist is a twink
I think we already know who is in the wrong here.

Insomniac will make Sunset Overmeme 2 and it will be good now that it's a Playstation exclusive like every other game

>Falling for a marketing plow

You didn't forget about James Gunn?

Good, if this keeps up, Microsoft and Nintendo won't have to do shit next gen, Sony will kill themselves and not recover this time.

>ever expecting MCU to have soul outside of the stuff involving Downey

Attached: 1566242000129.png (295x310, 110K)

All of these games are 3rd parties, Uncharted is over & Disney will make the Spider-Man games a multiplatform game. Sony would be completely fucked if Microsoft goes through & buys Rockstar or EA

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-20 PlayStation 4 - VGChartz.png (1202x681, 48K)

>All Microsoft would have to do is buy Rockstar & EA
The last time Microsoft bought a studio that knew how to make games they turned Rare into a Kinect shovelware developer

Sony was in the right.

Attached: 1566333831928.png (720x1127, 210K)

Retard nigger zomboids forget that shit like this happens because Disney literally demands a 50/50 cut

Unless Disney or Sony will announce Web of Shadows 2 I don't really care

This is the youngest and smolest iteration of spidey we've had, he's only like 14/15 in the two movies iirc. He also takes on mysterio, stark's entire drone defense network and the the mumbo jumbo illusions all on his own so I wouldn't exactly call him helpless.
He's just a young kid who's trying to have a normal life and get laid and this is a good building block for him to eventually be the poster child for the MCU as RJD once was.

Attached: schlop.png (888x1025, 409K)

>if Microsoft goes through & buys Rockstar or EA
Except one Rockstar game sells more than the entire Xbone exclusive library and EA knows there can only be one big daddy in the industry
But dont worry based Phil will buy a literally who studio which has never made a single relevant game

Sony is about to get face fucked.

Rare wanted to work on Kinect.

Cope Sonyfag, Disney always wins

Attached: Sony is dead.jpg (1240x1064, 82K)

Every console sales number you have ever seen has been shipped, you dumbass. They will all be eventually sold.

Disney bought Fox just because they didn't want to sell the X-Men rights, and Fox is much bigger than Sony, what are the chances of Disney buying Sony anytime soon?

>All Microsoft would have to do is buy Rockstar & EA
I knew Xgroids were this retarded.

if Spidey goes so does Venom

Aren't symbiotes female by default and simply exacerbate the traits of their host?

As opposed to gay for Peter Parker?

>There is a lot of webbing here
fuck you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Seeing Microsoft and Nintendo murder Sony's worthless SJW asses next gen will be hilarious. Can't wait for the Yea Forums meltdown when it happens.

Would Sony let themselves be bought?

>They’ll just buy Sony

ACKCHEWALLEE

It's against the law in Japan for a domestic company or corporation to sell itself to a foreign entity. This was done so that foreign corporations couldn't dismantle and destabilize the Japanese economy by buying up all the companies and then offshoring the work (so exactly what Japan was doing to the US in the 70s and 80s).

So Disney can never buy Sony. Ever.

Right, because they wouldn't make money if they go multiplat?

Obsidian and Playground are pretty good desu

Venom doesn't need MCU, he fucked them over and will get a new film with spidey that will make billions.
Meanwhile the MCU now has......

>WHY CAN'T YOU ZOOMERS JUST SHUT UP AND LET DISNEY OWN EVERYTHING?

Attached: F9F293F8-E4F5-40D3-A8EE-19116B129740.jpg (679x864, 86K)

Never.

This guy gets it.

The symbiote was lusting for peter in the comics and felt jilted when Peter rejected it.

Sony's an American company now, Disney can buy their asses if they want to.

>Being a disneyfag in 2019
LMFAO, are you enjoying these live action rehashes filled with liberal agenda and the completely raped Star Wars universe?

Your autism has already been proven wrong. Foxconn has purchased God knows how many Jap companies.

>Less than 1 point over 4 hours
Go back to /biz/

STFU sońygger

Raimi had planned at least 4 more movies (he wanted to adapt all the most important moments in Spider-Man's character arc in the comics). Spider-Man 4 was going to have Spidey and Black Cat team up against the Vulture and Spider-Man 5 was going to reveal the ring announcer from Spider-Man 1 as Mysterio. Then Spider-Man 6 would've had Venom in it.

people acting like disney owns microsoft and nintendo lmao
no way spiderman 2 isnt a sony exclusive

Disney doesn't make money off the game. They make money off merchandise, toys, comics, etc.

he's a nintendofag. of course he loves rehashes and the ruination of beloved franchises.

How does this have anything to do with Spider-man games?

who cares? no more iron man nor captain america and thor is just somewhere. there is no more reasons to watch them

>If I zoom in enough that will make it seem like Sony is in trouble!
Im legit worried that if the PS5 is another success Yea Forums will go full beta uprising and shoot several Sony offices

Attached: sonystock.png (993x881, 97K)

Cope, Sony Pictures is literally a American company that's only worth 30 Billion dollars. Disney has over 250 Billion, they will easily purchase Sony pictures to keep Spider-Man

The Games Division might be american focused nowadays, but Sony as whole still is a japanese company.
These "Disney tricks" are not going to work with japanese people your dumbass.

Sonyfags are the most autistic fans on the entire internet, even worse than Smash rosterfags & MLP faggots

Attached: rhinopc.png (1600x900, 1.97M)

So it all gets fucked again because Amy Pascal couldn’t have her stupid fucking name slapped on the front? I didn’t realize this type of do nothing film head mentality still exists in the 21st century. When people make jokes about the Jews owning Hollywood, it harkens back to actions like this that took place in the 30s and 40s.

Won't happen. Cope more, mouse shill.

>Twitter actually seething
twitter.com/IGN/status/1163906622655225856

Cope
> The foreign ownership of companies listed in Japan hit a record high of 28 percent as of the end of fiscal 2012 through March 31, according to the latest data from five stock exchanges. - 2012

>Sonyfags are the most autistic fans on the entire internet,
I dont know about that, this post exists

The name's Janny. Lyle Janny.
And I come before you good posters tonight with a meme.
Probably the greatest-- Ah, it's not for you.
It's more of a Reddit meme.
Now wait just a minute.
We're twice as smart as the people of Reddit.
Just tell us your meme, and we'll force it!
All right.
I tell you what I'll do.
I'll show you my meme!
I give you the Yea Forums Feed & Seed!- [All Gasping] I've sold memes to Friendster, [s4s], and ytmnd and by gum, it put them on the map!
Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Fucked & sucked, Sneed-owned feed & seed
What'd I say?
Feed & Seed
What's it called?
Feed & Seed
That's right! Feed & Seed
Feed & Seed
Feed & Seed
Feed & Seed
I hear that meme is underage
It requires wisdom like a sage
Is there a chance to attract Mouse NEETs?
Not on your life, DC Pajeet
What about us brain-dead plebs?
You can post in GOT threads
Were you sent here by Shareblue?
Relax, goy, I'm one of you
The mods gave me a 3-day ban
Reset your router, my big man
I swear it's Yea Forums's only choice
Throw up your hands and raise your voice
Feed & Seed
What's it called?
Feed & Seed
Once again
Feed & Seed
But comfy Simpsons threads will be broken
Sorry, Mods, the hive mind's spoken
Feed & Seed!
Feed & Seed!
Feed & Seed!
Feed & Seed!
Formerl--(Annoyed Grunt)

Attached: 1566339602393.jpg (803x960, 179K)

Prepare to be bought out.

Spider-Man 2 will be exclusive and there's nothing you can do about.

This, it's why I enjoy it when they suffer, they deserve everything they're getting.

Fox fags said the same thing before Disney bought them
> wegotthiscovered.com/movies/spiderman-stay-mcu-negotiations-reportedly-continue/
It's funny how Yea Forums cries about how much they hate journalists, yet parrot everything they say when it benefits Sony without even fact checking any of the information

If Disney ever tried to buy a japanese company they are going to have serious problems with the japanese government. Unlike Trump, Abe is not a cuck who will let Disney own half of his country.

>ITT people who don't know Sony Pictures and MCU's leads were already in bed
The two are likely just renegotiating who gets how much of what profits based on the respective efforts in promotions.

It's likely the MCU staff just feel with Civil War, Homecoming HA!, Endgame and Far from home Ha? they deserve more for keeping him afloat in the public eye when Sony's films were tanking the property.
You may disagree with this, and you're entitled to that, but I get it from a business standpoint given the original deal I believe was that the MCU was willing to cover all the funds for the new Spider-Man movies and share the profits with Sony in exchange for just letting him into the MCU for 3 films, the usual contract length I believe, now that they feel it's worked out they likely want a better deal for their work.

>Inb4 but Disney may just want Spider-Man one and done
Maybe, but unlike Fox who weren't feeling so well at the time of the sale, it'd likely come at too high a cost to make that deal with Sony. I haven't looked at Sony's financial details lately but I doubt they're in the red.

The one time I will say based sony.
What happened is that spiderman is no longer going to be in the mcu due to the contract ending since disney makes 50% of the profits from the spiderman movies including spiderverse and venom so sony barley made.money from the movies anyways.

How is this gonna affect the games? Game rights are still owned by Sony. Disney isn't fighting for that. Disney doesn't even have a dedicated major games division anymore.

Disney can't buyout Sony ;)

You could say that about every /pol/ image.

>Whis is already dead
GT Sport sold 8 mill and they are working on Gran Turismo 7

Mr.Stark... I don't feel so good... I don't wanna go back to Sony... Please I don't wanna go...

Attached: spider-man-split-1547580663.jpg (701x700, 48K)

snoy is like the anti-Midas, everything they touch turns to shit.

There's literally no rules preventing Disney from buying Sony
This, Disney will buy the rights to Spider-Man movies for an insane amount of money & leave Sony high & dry

Dont worry Iron Man Ju-I mean Spiderman, they'll find a way out

>Disney buys Sony
>Disneyland will get a Bloodborn section
WHO HERE HYPE????

>American company now
Even though that the us base has been moved to california well its nothing, expect for their censorship bullshit.

> BBBBUT MADE UP RULES
> Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (known simply as Sony Pictures and abbreviated as SPE) is an American entertainment company that produces, acquires and distributes filmed entertainment (theatrical motion pictures, television programs, and recorded videos) through multiple platforms.
Why do Sony fags continue shilling this nonsense, are they so retarded that they cannot even do a 5 second google search?

Your forgetting
>disney goes bankrupt due to debt
>disney would have never made a bloodborne 2 or anything about it since they hate things not family friendly unless it makes big cash.

Sony Pictures is going to be owned by Marvel, the gaming division will be destroyed since Spider-Man games will be multiplatform now

You'll probably see PlayStation handling more of Marvel's properties from now on. They've already green lit Iron Man after all.

lol what a cuck, you really prefer Marvel's "MJ" over Sony's Gwen?

Attached: Stone_Gwen_Stacy.jpg (250x375, 59K)

>Who are you?

> Sonyfags seething this bad that they think Disney will ever stop being rich as fuck
HaHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

>Game rights are still owned by Sony.
No, they're not.

>people unironically are cheering their corporate overlords

Attached: 1460572435337.jpg (261x195, 8K)

First, she would have been a way better pick for Mary Jane.
Second, I can't fucking believe they killed her off because that shitshow of a movie didn't deserve something so significant in it.

>yfw The mouse wanted 50%

Attached: F04C4F36-EFEE-4FFC-9BE3-6BB48796C0F5.jpg (720x720, 60K)

Why do people think buying Sony is easy shit

Even if you buy it now you have to take care of all of their shit, Disney is not that stupid they will find a workaround

if Disney buys Sony I hope they kill its gaming division, imagine a world without playstation

Disney is losing money from fox.
Some companies bought like lucasfilm still hasn't made a real profit, just making the cost back.

Spider-Man is a 1 billion dollar gaming franchise, there's no way Sony will take Spider-Man out of the MCU at the cost of losing Spider-Man exclusives forever. Sony already fucking commented on this earlier today & said that the rumors about Spider-Man leaving the MCU are inaccurate. Yet Yea Forums like the NPC's they are only parrot click bait headlines, you faggots are no different from Reddit

I have to admit, if there's one thing I'm truly sad about X-men rejoining Marvel, its the death of R rated Deadpool.

Disney at this point cannot go bankrupt. They own so many multi-billion dollar corporations that it could stay afloat until the end of human history.

>being so stupid
Why would Disney not take advantage of playstation?

>Disney buys Sony
>they stop the PS5 because of Sonys disrespect
OH NONONONONONO

I love how easily Sony makes this board rage.

At most Disney is going to buy sony pictures, a small part of sony, the least is nothing.
I expect a new contract that is better for sony.

Disney is buying the Film division & will own all rights to Spider-Man, Sony will be fucked in the ass because they lost another exclusive

>This is the youngest and smolest iteration of spidey we've had
Isn't Spectacular Peter 14 too?

Netflix didn't have a choice, all of those shows were cancelled by Disney completely revoking the rights to all their properties so they could do Disney+. And no, there is no chance those versions of those shows with those actors get to continue on Disney+ since Netflix still produced them. Those shows will likely stay on Netflix and just exist in a licensing grey area where Disney+ can't have them but Netflix can't make anymore or have any of Disney's other stuff. Sort or like how no one will ever get a modern rerelease or remaster of the N64 Goldeneye game since Nintendo owns it but Microsoft owns Rare and it's too legally complicated to ever happen.

lol

Based

Disney want to break in to the games industry so no, they wouldn't fuck that up

>Why would Disney not take advantage of playstation?

take a look at the playstation library and tell me

It's the opposite, the vocal autistic minority of Sony fags seethe at the existence of everyone else but constantly spam clickbait headlines whenever something goes right for them. The IP count of these threads is low & most people are always against Sony. It's the same 10 % of this board's demographics shilling Sony

cope
PS5 NEVER EVER

Attached: 2ec.png (600x580, 572K)

>take a look at the playstation library and tell me
>multi million sellers that win dozens of awards each year
Yes they would have to be very dumb to not take advantage of that

>ake a look at the playstation library and tell me
take a look at console/software sales and tell me why not?

This
Faggots like then they should be executed, they cry over spiderman? Good.
Let then be, they commit suicide anyway.
Who the fuck do you think that Disney buys Sony? Over a fucking superhero?
Disney has shit for mercedise while Sony over games, Spiderman is still Marvels bitch and the irony is that Marvel won't take care of his kids.
Can you be that of a idiot to think that your fucking autism can justify your fucking fact?
>Aaaaaaa lloooookkkk, they fucked my hero, joinjoin jus to stop autsm

Ninteniggers are all women and trannies after all.

don't forget
>Venomchad movie villain is a muslim
>Spider-boy movie villlains are all white dudes

I know right? just look at this guy

Disney didn't sell the rights for games to Sony, they are licensing the IP, just like Star Wars to EA. Sony movies actually own that part of Spider-Man. Marvel was in a bad place at the turn of the millenium and was selling off IP's just to stay in business.

Really wish this movie hadn't been PG13. Could have used a lot more gore. At least he actually hate heads, although there was no blood.

Fuck, feels like Deadpool is the only movie series actually giving a fuck about the source material.

Attached: 1566032997966.png (800x1000, 1.06M)

They would buy Activision which is cheaper and has stuff like call of duty which makes money instantly.

>only options are nu-nintendo, the no-games shitbox, or epic games exclusives
yeah, no, i'm glad playstation is here to stay.

Snoy is fucking dead

BASED

Attached: EDDIE.jpg (500x348, 31K)

imdb says 16 in the bio
I was mainly referring to live action movies though, in ASM2 spidey is graduating so he's definitely older there. Plus Garfield just looks older and is (marginally) bigger than Holland

ATE heads*

user, come on now.

>Sony is literally the only company fighting against the shit monopoly Disney has on the movie industry
>Yea Forums is on Disney's side because of muh console wars faggotry
Based retards, I bet you guys will love when the Disney empire owns the entire vidya industry too (they already have the power to do this).

Attached: 1556133174914.jpg (422x429, 27K)

>Disney buys Sony
>Death Standing won't be released on Playstation
>Death Standing now in cinemas
>Kojima rused everyone again

That Venom movie was honestly fun, but got a bit stale near the end. You'd think two symbiotes duking it out would be a marvel to look at, but it was honestly underwhelming.
The post climax scene in the convenience store was cool though.

it's hilarious. and these soiboys are especially mad today because their soulless capeshit is ruined.

I just want you to know that Disney owns like 17% of Florida, and literally has a county where state government holds no power. Let that sink in user.

>faggots are no different from reddit
Based and redpilled

This, like why does this board just blindly parrot headlines from the same journalists they constantly shit on for being "Subhuman"? The sources claiming Spider-Man is leaving had no sources, it was simply rumors. These come from Sony themselves

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-20 ComicBook NOW on Twitter.png (724x617, 430K)

>Just MS and Nintendo basically not competing in different fields
No, that's really, REALLY bad. MS only cleaned up their act at all because Sony put them in their place.

I don't think it's impossible, but I was saying I suspect the opposite actually. Disney likely just wants more earnings, buying Spider-Man from Sony wouldn't come easy.

Sony knows he's their foot in the door for Superhero movies.
Fox folded on a billion dollar offer because they weren't flying so good at the time, but Sony from what I can tell is nowhere near desperate yet. They'd basically want every penny Disney has before they sign anything, and Disney isn't going to risk that much for Spider-Man when they can just keep digging through MCU + Fox catalog.

>on February 9, 2015, Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios announced that Spider-Man would appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), with the character appearing in an MCU film and Sony releasing a Spider-Man film co-produced by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal. Sony Pictures will continue to own, finance, distribute, and exercise final creative control over the Spider-Man films.
Right, so I wasn't correct on the assumption the MCU was footing the bill for Spidey films, not sure where I got that idea in fact
but I was right about Sony getting most of the spoils from Spider-Man appearing in the MCU
>Sony hoped to keep the terms of the previous agreement, where Marvel would receive 5% of the film's revenue, with Disney refusing
And also
>In August 2019, it was reported that Disney and Sony could not reach a new agreement regarding Spider-Man films, with Marvel Studios and Feige said to no longer have any involvement in any future films. Deadline Hollywood noted that Disney had hoped future films would be a "50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios"
It turns out I was right about this recent thing too, Disney were just trying to even out expenses and profits. Seems Feige pulled out from Amy's business, innuendo intended.

All in all little has changed, Spider-Man's appearance in the MCU wasn't that relevant or developing IMO, so fuck it.
Sony games are still on the menu.

Yea Forums is mostly Nintendo drones. Are you not surprised that the same drones support monopolies like Disney?

>T-there won't be a PS5
>Spider-Man 2 won't be exclusive

These threads won't age well.

>they cant backrup
>they lose money because of rehash moves and fox
It will user, it will...
Fuck you im not a snoyfag

Yes keep cheering disney let disney become bigger and bigger, once my plan to own disney is complete no one will be able to stop me

>Marvel capitalizes on a fad of cumdrinking bugmen to push the notion MCU is flawless
>no movie ever fails
>WE SAVED SPIDERMAN SO GIVE US FIDDY XSENT :)

> Sony drones
Fixed, Nintendo fans actually like the games they play & always shit on Nintendo for blue balling them regarding upcoming games, removing roms or Music from Youtube. Whereas Sony has no games & only posts on this board to start console war bullshit & spam wojaks

>Disney at this point cannot go bankrupt
They lost a fuckton of money with the Star Wars theme park and Disneyland has almost no visitors this year.

>Insomniac forced to do Sunset Overdrive 2 instead
Oh no

Attached: 4L_DHahDhOk.jpg (1200x800, 186K)

>Nintendo fans actually like the games they play
yeah, we can tell from how they spend all their time crying about sony on Yea Forums instead of playing them.

>Nintendo fans actually like the games they play & always shit on Nintendo for blue balling them regarding upcoming games
haha
>removing roms
hahahaha
>or Music from Youtube.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA

Shut up, mouseshill

Based, fuck Disgoy

>Sony moved HQ to Callifornia
>Sony suddenly started to force heavy censorship
>look we are very family friendly!
they already paved the way getting bought by Disney

Attached: 7754.png (633x900, 144K)

I don't think you really grasp how enormous Disney is. For all of the Star Wars failure, the MCU alone makes up for it. And disney owns IP's like winnie the pooh, which rakes in billions on merch every year. Even if the MCU goes, they still own several of the most successful IP's in existence.

>They don't have that
Microsoft do, literally Bill gate has much money than disneys, Microsoft have that power...
And hos ironix that this power wasted over xbox one.

You lost Mousekektears.

>look we are very family friendly!
>they already paved the way getting bought by Disney
So why havent they bought Nintendo already?

Disney don't own Spider-Man you fucking liar. Imagine being so mad you have to spout crap like this to feel better.

They promoted Jim Ryan recently and Shawn Layden is on the way out.
Ryan already went back on everything Layden pushed regarding game development. It's only a matter of time before censorship gets flipped too.

>17% of florida
No shit, florida is shit

corporations blow

GIVE ME DAREDEVIL SEASON 4
GIVE ME RARE REPLAY ON SWITCH
GIVE ME BANJO THREEIE
GIVE ME A PC PORT OF BLOODBORNE SO I DON'T HAVE TO SUFFER THROUGH 24FPS
GIVE ME A SMRPG SEQUEL
GIVE ME A FIREFLY/SERENITY REBOOT
REEEEEEEE

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.jpg (800x450, 53K)

>caring about capeshit
are you 12?

> Sonyfags revising history
> Sonyfags constantly cry about how anyone who doesn't Like Sony HAS to be a Nintendo fag
> Sonyfags shilling Uncharted & God of War when Yea Forums already named them the most overrated games
> Sonyfags are the ones spamming Anti-BOTW threads for 3 years when it's proven that Yea Forums likes it
> We had a survey before the Election & newfags spamming this board & Sony won the worst fanbase contest by a mile
> All console war threads come from Sony, example: See Wojak spammers on this board right now
> Nintendo fans are incapable of making threads because they will always be spammed with "Waah Tendie" "Toddler game" "It's a Conspiracy, Nintendo bonus" "Bing Bing Wahoo" no matter what so they have to go to /vg/ instead

Nintendo is a japanese company
gajins can't buy jap companies

You are not going to fool anyone nintendie, Yea Forums unironically defended every shit Nintendo have done since the Switch's release, including the paid online, removing roms of youtube and even that fan made Super Mario port to a old console that was cancelled by them.

kek
The real state of the society

Attached: 550x733_E87.jpg (550x733, 117K)

Sony Pictures is owned by SCE, f ucking retarded kike bootlicker.

This
Fuck you nintendo

Samefag

I'm more sad it will be an exclusive.

How based is Sony? They have always known that the only marvel superhero people care for is Spiderman.

This isn't video games. What the fuck are you doing mods?

just sit and enjoy

Attached: 1566145123742.png (1000x900, 1.28M)

Disney could literally murder anyone they want and still get away with it. That's how much power they have over their drones.

He fucked up his post, but he's basically right. Disney owns every iteration of Spider-Man except for movies. They could cancel the games, comics, tv shows, whatever, and ghost spider-man out of existence. They did it with X-men.

This, retards don't have a drop of self-awareness.

>shoes in the bed

gas this degenerate.

What is this pic implying?

didn't read, lol. sony won again and disney shills are just gonna have to cope.

Yeah and the public domain law used to be a few decades but Disney changed that

People just want their capeshit movies. I don't think anyone cares about who owns them.

>they could cancel the games
That's what contracts exist for, idiot. Nor Disney nor Marvel could cancel an already released game unless Sony breaks the contract.

More like there was already a thread about this before Sony commented and now its just retards and console war faggots making these threads

how will Disney change japanese law?

>SJW crap filled with diversity that raped the SM lore
Explain because this is almost as dumb as someone complaining about a white guy playing the Mandarin

Cope more

Yes they do, moron, the only thing Disney doesn't own about Spider-Man are the movie rights, they can make as many comics as they want and give the game/toy/general merchandise licences to whoever they want.

Plz no, i dont want the mouse to be controlling and propagating my video games as well

Get over it kikeshill, Spidey is ours now.

Prove it faggot

I predicted that Sony's arrogance would fuck them over next gen, glad I was right. Glad Sony is getting their shit pushed in by the normies.

By buying the Japanese goverment, mousebucks can buy a lot of fertile and eager to breed women

Post sfm porn links

Sony themselves stated the rumors about Spider-Man leaving the MCU are completely wrong. But sure continue parroting IGN like the mindless NPC you are

the only coping is coming from ledditors.

Attached: 3CF9E64C-ED0E-4C88-B2F7-AF4FA7A282DB.jpg (875x474, 111K)

Yes but we don't know what that contract was. It could be 2 games, it could be 10 games, and then Disney won't resign it, kind of like what Sony is trying to do right now.

Disney won't own Sony anytime soon and even without shitty spiderman games PlayStation isn't going to have an issue next gen, why worry?

I want this to happen so badly.

Actally its vicewersa, Disney makes movies/toys while Sony makes games.

>Sony was going to get a 50/50 split from everything Spidey INCLUDING them working on other shit.
>Turns that down for no reason when Venom is their only decently received movie and only because Tom Hardy did his best to make it a fun experience.
Are they idiots? Rhetorical question of course, especially after those e-mail leaks, but holy shit.

If they had games to play they wouldn't be like this.
At least Xbox has some good ports for me to enjoy.

so Disney will make anime real?

>helps disney build their latter part of the mcu
>makes the fans think that spiderman will be the cornerstone of the mcu going forward
>gives disney and feige time to develop more stories and characters in a time where all their mains are dead and gone
>pulls the rug right under Disney's feet knowing full well fans are gonna be pissed that holland wont be in disney movies anymore and for the next year disney has literally nothing going for them in the mcu
massive powerplay by sony pictures

AY YO
FUCK SNOY

Attached: 6e8.png (3070x3850, 3.63M)

Wow they own the lesser lucrative IPs of Spider-Man and can do whatever they want with it? I couldn't care less. If anything, next thing for Sony is acquiring vydia rights for Spidey.

Video games would be video games again under Nintendo and Microsoft, please let this happen.

Snoyfags loves spidey, that.

eh. it's probably Sony riding high of that cartoon Spidey and Venom trying to get a better contract(which is normal). in the end the Mouse will pay whatever to get what it wants.

Attached: asuka thumbs up.gif (346x320, 2.76M)

>Sony simply cancelled ties because Disney wanted a larger cut only after Spidey made it big
Sony was the first company in a long while to tell the mouse no and should be commended for it imho

Attached: 1529338404595.gif (500x270, 255K)

Spiderman is literally free from that shit now. People wanting Disney to own all of spiderman's rights are retarded and are paid shills.

>video games would be video games again under the company that only makes cardboard and ports and the company that hasn't made any games in the past decade

>they’re idiots for giving the Mouse a 50/50 split instead of the original 5%

with enough disney funny money they can make a full gundam battallion real

Disney are ridiculously petty, see their treatment of the X characters and FF between like 2014 and last year, they'll 100% refuse any future PS exclusive Marvel games to hit back at Sony.

mVk5ppS

Life only gets sweeter the longer you live through it. Your story doesn't have to end here.

Literally the only reason Sony has the Spider-Man movies is because Marvel was fucking bankrupt at the turn of the millennium. Why the fuck would they make a deal like the now?

>INCLUDING them working on other shit.
>IN THE SPIDER UNIVERSE
Learn to read faggot

>says the seething Snoy faggot who praises a company that releases movies dressed as video games.

Retard. Disney was asking for more money and Sony told them to fuck off.

because sony always wins.

why normies care so much about what corporation has ownership over a property?

Because raimi and spider verse was lightning in a bottle.
Without any mcu or luck we get amazing spider man.
Even the idiots in this thread have enough wisdom to not defend ASM.
Venom is just McDonalds tier fun.

Mcu man is the lesser of two evils. I already have a bone to pick with sony and their dumb gay censorship policies, I have no reason to defend them

Attached: 1566282168387.png (320x288, 8K)

Movies are much more popular than games, specially considering capeshit. The one in trouble is Disney if Sony decides to pull out Spider-Man of MCU, that's why this thread is filled with shills on damage control for Disney.

Attached: 1553046213035.jpg (515x514, 60K)

>Disney completely owns Spider-Man
That isn't how rights work user. Noobody completely owns the franchise as character rights, video game right, movie rights , ect are all owned by different companies and they all how to negotiate when they want to alter the property. Nobody can make an official Spiderman movie without going to Sony first.

>Spider-Man games

Attached: soyjakanimated.gif (413x243, 51K)

do you know how to read you dumb shit?

The Mouse is the only reason the two Spidey movies were worth seeing in the first place. Sony's only success so far was ITSV after two, arguably three failures.
My mistake, then that's a pretty shitty deal if Disney wants to syphon profits off of stuff they had no hand in.

>the tickets
>kneeling

c'mon user

Attached: 812da1a7d55fb909ba07a21925209b0c.jpg (1280x1812, 255K)

Because there's nothing in this world worth celebrating or enjoying anymore.

Attached: 1564194170546.jpg (510x680, 75K)

>two shit-fuck companies who make the world worse are going at it
color me surprised

Tom Holland is fucking fagbait and I cringe every time I hear his faggy voice.

Disney got too greedy and wanted 50% of all future movie profits. The current agreement was 5% of day 1 movie sales. And it has always been like that for ages. But that wasn't enough for Disney's greedy arse.

I'm betting Sony bought out Insomniac just for insurance in case Disney tried to do the same to box them in after how good Spiderman sold on the ps4.

normies don't care. nu-males are the ones who want disney and nintendo to own everything because they're easily impressed by nostalgia pandering.

Just the movie rights. That's it. Marvel, and by extension Disney own the rest. Stop being dumb.

MCU shit is as soulless as it can get, I want to this movie again

>The Mouse is the only reason the two Spidey movies were worth seeing in the first place
I didnt know Disney made Spiderverse and a sequel

>Sony is literally fucked & they have no games left

Rule 1.
The house always wins.
Rule 2.
The mouse always wins.

Where do you think this leaves Sony vs. Disney?

>see their treatment of the X characters and FF
m8 all that anti-X-Men, pro-Inhumans shit was helmed by Ike Perlmutter, not Disney. He was trying to strong arm Fox.
Disney upon buying Marvel went the opposite route and just bought them, afterward Marvel Comics conveniently started treating the properties as normal.

Because who owns this character determines whether he appears in movies people enjoy. How is this hard to understand?

Sony literally saved Spider-Man

Fucking mouse

Attached: 1566339055119.png (1386x2202, 808K)

By the way, does anyone know if it's true that here will be a GOTY edition for Spider-Man that will be cheaper? Fuck Sony if it's true.

This they should be executed

>Sony's only success so far was ITSV after two, arguably three failures.
Venomchad almost made 1 billion at the box office worldwide despite the flop predictions and the bad reviews from critics (aka mouseshills).

>keep retards from ruining the reputation of your most popular IP
>only worth 5% of day 1 sales
50% was too much since Sony have the power but 5% was extremely low for how much money Disney was making Sony

>also Raimi's Spider-Man was wildly succesful
Yeah, because of Raimi, not Sony you dumb bitch. When Sony meddled we got Spider-Man 3 which tanked the franchise

>Sony is literally fucked & they have no games left
Are we sure you are talking about Sony and not Microsoft?

>Disney got too greedy and wanted 50% of all future movie profits.

They got greedy as FUCK, but now that Sony has done this, they're fucked.

Disney owns the rights to Spiderman's IP in every other medium other than film. That literally means that Sony can't make fucking Spider-Man merchandise.

Disney's going to ghost Spider-Man out of existence, and after all's said and done Sony is going to sell it to them at a fucking fraction of what they could have made.

Disney has truly weaponized fans reaction. That shit sounds crazy in paper.

marvel capeshitters truly are the smashfags of movies. they don't care about the medium, they don't care about anything other than LE EPIC CROSSOVER!!!

are you a complete inbred? The game was made by sony for sony. The rights can change for all upcoming games but nothing can be done to the existing work. How underage are you, exactly?

Why is Sony such a fucking mess that the only movie franchise they have is Spider-Man?

Yeah because of the Chinese. Get ready to see Venom tongue Winnie the Poohs asshole and dab on Hong Kongers in Venom 2

FUCK DISNEY
AND F UCK MARVELSO.YLENT FAGS

>sony picked tom
we're not going home after all, spiderbros

Yeah, Sony has no games left.
Microsoft never had any games to begin with.

I just beat the new game plus to finish up the trophies in the game. Jesus christ does the raimi suit fit perfectly in this game

It's time, bros.
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ5dwtRxI0Q

Attached: 1566339186591.jpg (1400x2100, 494K)

>The movie rights.
Exactly my point.

>mfw the mouse may crash and burn in my lifetime

Attached: vipper.jpg (509x371, 34K)

Disney owns Tom Holland's likeness for use with Spider-Man. In the same way that it owns Robert Downey's likeness for use with Ironman.

Tommy-boy got fucked by this too.

Nigga they still have Jumanji and Ghostbusters.

I still don't get it, making pic of herself infront of the mirror for insta and snapchat?

based, fuck that twink

why would anyone ever care about this?
>oh bloohoo this GIANT of a company did thing to this other GIANT of a company
they aren't your friends.

On her knees sucking dick under the table

Captain Marvel and Black Panther also made a billion, and those were terrible movies. The MCU is causing a marvel comic movie high, and people are going to watch anything marvel related right now.

This.
A smash thread died for this.

Good

>Raimifags pretending this was a win
You dumb niggers, you're so fuck retarded holy shit
Sony abandoned you years ago when they made TASM. No corporation loves you, no corporation wants to make your sequel.

youtu.be/9dt8maD3FXE
Kino is back on the menu

Attached: 1566070501513.jpg (382x858, 173K)

People like the shitty MCU Spiderman films because all the Sony Spiderman films before it happen to be vastly worse. For example, in the last Sony-made Spidy, the motive for the villain was that Spider-Man forgot the villain's birthday and he sperged out. I am not kidding.

Nah, that high already happened.

Infinity War was the high point, and the movie sales are just going to slow down from here on out.

here's how this scene would go in the MCU
>kid walks back into the scene with box
>kid: HEY PETER IS THIS A PORN COLLECTION
>Peter: I-i uh uhm -huhm i can explain aunt may
>Nick Fury watching over hidden camera: Yikes now THATS embarrassing

Disney is under investigation for fudging their numbers for years and years at the moment. Their stock tanked after this news came out.

I'm sure that's why they suddenly demanded a 50/50 profit split of the spiderman movies when it used to be just 5% of the first day sales. Disney needs that money badly.

Sony ain't that stupid to let them take such a huge chunk of the profits.

Sure, okay. But how does this affect the video games?

You know the comics division is run by different people in the movie division and that's because Perlmutter is a jackass who can't run things.

5% is more than enough considering the movies are entirely Sony's property as well as the free Marketing they always give them. The only reason Disney got that much was due to formality purposes

>spergs out shit that has nothing to do with my question
did you have a stroke while thinking about your answer?

Based as fuck, Raimi's Spider-Man 4 when?

This would be kind if like MS bought Zelda and now all Zelda characters couldn't appear in Smash. Of course people would be pissed.

Hey lost last gen and they will lose next gen.

Leave it to fucking incels on Yea Forums to believe everything they read online, there's a new Thor moving coming out you goddamn shit for brain.

Never

>all the Sony Spiderman films before it happen to be vastly worse.
butthis scene shits on mcu

>Hawkeye slips on a banana peel

If they don't come to an agreement, Disney is going to ghost spiderman and never make a game of him until Sony has to sell the property at a fraction of the cost.

So it affects the video games a fair bit, by making it so that there won't BE any Spider-Man games.

>Marvel fans you are destroying* Hollywood
"Assimilating", also resistance is futile.

Thats kind of what I mean. Sony thinks they can just run off and make a SpideyCU, but the high is already dropping.

They don't want to stop making R-rated Deadpool, they just want to figure out how to integrate him into the PG-13 films.

So you're saying that some capeshit is actually going to die?
Am I supposed to larp that this is a bad thing? Fuck capeshit and fuck movie studios.

Microsoft has games now, Sony no longer has games.

Silence, mouseshill

Sony didn't even bother making a counter offer. This whole split was planned moron.

Fuck the Mouse and fuck Sony, I'm a Raimifag through and through but I'm a realist. I'd prefer Raimi to shoot Spider-Man 4 in his back garden than risk him work with Sony again

user, reread my post. That was calling him out for saying Thor is retired. Endgame literally had Thor joining the Guardians, of course he wasn't retired.

>Microsoft has games now
PFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA, you'd think disney would do a better job of educating their shills on the current state of the gaming industry.

>Microsoft has games now
???

>In the last Sony-made Spidy, the motive for the villain was that Spider-Man forgot the villain's birthday and he sperged out. I am not kidding.
Yeah and in these 2 MCU Spider-Man movies the villains have nothing against Spider, but they have against Tony Stark. They are basically Iron Man foes.
I also prefer the shit ASM movies that at least have the Good Emma in it over Spider-Man: Blacked on any day of the week.

OH, that's fair then - Yeah, Sony's basically fucked. They see the numbers that Far From Home and Venom put up, and think it's all due to Spider-Man and not the MCU/Superhero high that's been going on.

The sad thing is, they might be fucked no matter what. 5% > 50% is a FUCK of a jump for any company, so they may just not be financially able to take that hit right now without having their shareholders fucking revolt. On the other hand though, once Disney ghosts Spider-Man, Sony's basically fucked and will end up selling him.

House of Mouse always wins, I guess.

Problem is Disney is a master of loopholes so they will just have peter doing shit with Banner since MCU peter is a genius and not a mutant

Considering Disney didn't need to put a single penny investment into the Spiderman movies... they really don't deserve anything more. It was all paid for by Sony.

Disney just getting a huge ego too big for themselves just because they own everything else in the marvel universe except spiderman movies.

>Yea ForumssetEra
>mostly Nintendo drones
Pick one

based obsessed redditor

>single penny investment
You think Sony was paying Feige and the guys who actually make the MCU appealing and work for the whole MCU? They paid for it's production, but a 5% probably doesn't even cover who Marvel has to hire for it.

Disney was asking for 50% profit, and to eat 50% the cost of the movies. They were asking for an equal trade.

To be fair to Sony, getting 95% of profits vs. getting only 50% of profits is just too big a hit for your best selling media franchise, so it's no wonder they said fuck off.

Did I misread that? Didn't it say Disney wants 50% cut, but would start covering 50% of development costs? I'm sure Disney would have no issue paying 100% of filming costs if they got more of the income.

The board needs containment stickies for Smash autists. It’s majority Nintendo.

>Less capeshit

Nice.

Attached: asukalaugh.jpg (256x358, 23K)

capeshit=bad
weebshit=good

I'm sorry user but Spider is literally one the three most famous superheroes ever alongside Superman and Batman. Disney can't just simply ghosts him like they did with the Fantastic Four and the X-Men (with this barely working on the later).

It would be equal trade if sony got 50% of merch sales.

and the "containment" stickies don't actually contain their autism, it still shits up 90% of the catalog anyway.

Yes Sony has to pay for the actors if it is a spiderman film. Hence Sony will make 95% of the profit. Otherwise Disney pays if it's any other marvel film since Disney will make 100% of the profit there. That's how the agreement works.

You're a retard if you think Disney will pay for everything and just get 5% of the first day sales for any spiderman film.

Where the fuck does that put pic related?

Attached: Saitama_one_punch.png (647x1287, 3.18M)

>Halo
>Gears
>Forza
>Fable
>ReCore
>Ori
>Killer Instinct
>Perfect Dark
>Outer Worlds
>State of Decay
>Sea of Thieves
>Psychonauts
>Blast Corps
>Mech Assault
>Age of Empire
>Flight Simulator
>Phantom Dust
>Wasteland
>Ninja Theory's, the Initiatives, and Compulsion Games, games
And far more, Sony has jackshit.

>shonenshit

I was refering to the current deal which is 5%, not the new offer.

Also, 50% of the development costs is fucking nothing compared to the actual profits it brings in. This is why the deal is shit for Sony. They know how much more they were making with the first two Spiderman films. They don't need Disney covering 50% of the costs because they make that back and way more from the sales.

Superman and Batman are practically jokes now, regardless of how famous they are.

Spider-man WAS the most famous. Just as Wolverine use to be Marvel's #1 hero. They get replaced.
There's not a soul alive that would honestly say Spidey's more famous than Iron-Man at the moment.

They'll ghost him.

Is that indian toby miguire the new spiderman?

>posting outdated picture
Last time I checked it was 800 or so millions.

that's a nice list of pc games, but where's the xbox exclusives?

OPM is a parody of capeshit. But most of its audience doesn't realize that and only watch because SAITAMA MAKE FUNNY FACE.

>Liking Tears of War
Cringe

Reading the replies in this thread really make me wonder what you fucks look like behind the screen.

Ok, post the Xbox games now.

That's pretty much what I said. Going from 95% profit to 50% profit is too big a hit for Sony - Dev costs are a drop in the bucket.

Yes, but Disney will absolutely NEVER agree to share Merch sales - it's literally how they stay alive.

>Venom
>gore
Stop this retarded meme already. Go find some gore in Lethal Protector, nigger.

Same face you see in the screen.

The 50% deal was literally saying they were splitting development costs dumbass. The new deal just lets Sony make the most from the movies since they foot the bill and Feige and company make sure it's not unrelenting shit.

>Outer Worlds
>using a multiplat that's also on PS4 to prove the Xnone has games

Attached: 1471388213358.jpg (500x282, 16K)

>Tom Rothman
>Tom "comic book movies don't make money" Rothman
>Tom "said no to Avatar" Rothman
Holy shit, Sony hired that fuck? They're so boned.

picture the average soiboy from a youtube thumbnail and you have everyone who's defending disney, microsoft and nintendo in this thread.

> call others dumbass
> keep repeating the 50% split development cost as if it was a good thing for Sony when they lose out on more profits that will cover way more than that cost

shut up and think for a moment before repeating the same stupid shit next time.

FUCK DISNEY

FUCK HOLLAND

FUCK NIGGER JANE

WE'RE BACK LADS

Attached: 1550607274495.png (334x506, 124K)

I've seen very few of the MCU movies, but when I went to go see Civil War with my dad, I was really fucking shocked by Aunt May in that movie. Like, what the hell. She went from being a really cool grandma to fapbait.

Pascal and Rothman are cancers

YES WE ARE LADS
CANT WAIT FOR GAY, JEWISH SPIDER-MAN

Attached: file.png (610x117, 20K)

I'm glad this shitstorm happened, because tendies and xbots finally outed themselves as corporate drones that love Kikeyland.

Disney's current deal is that they take 5% of day one ticket sales.
Disney's new proposed deal is that they take 50% of ALL sales (Ticket, DVD, streaming, etc.), and foot 50% of development costs.

Let's do some quick math with Far From Home as an example
>Sony's profit with the current deal
Budget: 160 Million
Worldwide Gross: 1.1 Billion
Opening Weekend: 100 million
Disney Tax: 5 Million
Total Profit: ~1 Billion

Now let's see with the new deal
>Sony's profit with the new deal
Production Cost: 80 million (Disney foots the other 80 million)
Worldwide Gross: 1.1 Billion
Disney Tax: 550 Million
Total Profit: 550 Million

Eating the production cost does fucking NOTHING for Sony. They were right to say fuck off to this deal, except that Disney's going to ghost spiderman until Sony has to sell him, so Sony's getting fucked no matter what.

Sony will do what no other movie studio has done. Kill the MCU.

Based Yea Forumschad, Yea Forumsirgins will never understand how good this news really is.

I might be wrong but what's the point of Spider-Man staying with Disney? Homecoming was "okay" I guess, but Far From Home was quite a mess aside from the Jameson cameo desu.

Aside from that, Spider-Man did nothing useful in Civil War and even less in Infinity War/Endgame aside from dying and giving a hug if I remember correctly. His movies were way better when he was with Sony and you know it; the only thing that bothers you is that he won't be in Avengers anymore (that I can understand, but the main ones are out anyway. Iron Man and Black Widow are dead, Hulk is now a goofy comic relief, Cap is retired and Thor is going to be replaced in the next movie. So who do you want to see Spider-Man with ? Captain Marvel ? Ant Man ? I'm pretty sure he's better of alone with Venom now.)

MCU was great, but the Spider wasn't needed after Phase 3 I think.

BASEDNY IS SO BASED

THEY TOTALLY DIDN'T RUIN RAIMIS SPIDER-MAN 3 AND CANCEL SPIDEY 4

Attached: file.png (640x98, 20K)

HAPPENING

tvrev.com/what-if-disney-just-buys-sony-for-the-hardware-and-spider-man/

Attached: 6ac81c1f-3f4e-4e44-a34b-73dd666fcd19.jpg (400x354, 80K)

Considering iron man hasn't had his own movie in years and Spider-Man makes way way way more money i think spidey is more popular

Well spidey still brings out customers for comics and games. We just lost the only actor to ever play iron man and I don't think they;ll look to replace him anytime soon

MCU shills are coping this hard

This'd better not happen because then they'd also own Funimation. Disney needs to stay far away from the anime industry.

Spider-Man's needed in the MCU for the exact reason you just mentioned.

>the main ones are out anyway.
>Iron Man and Black Widow are dead,
>Hulk is now a goofy comic relief,
>Cap is retired and
>Thor is going to be replaced in the next movie

There is no one in the current cast that would have the same pull as Spiderman. Marvel and Black Panther won't last now that the Infinity Gem Saga is done. Spiderman was needed to keep the current string of movies going.

Now that he's gone, they'll do away with everything, and probably focus on the Fantastic Four, then reboot the X-Men.

>Iron man hasn't had his own movie in years

Avengers, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame may as well have been Iron Man movies with cameos from the other characters. There's a reason Robert is paid leagues more than ANY of his "co-stars", and why he gets top billing.

WHAT PART OF "THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER MAKING A COUNTER OFFER" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!

Wasn't it just revealed that Disney has been messing up their revenue reports for years so who knows what their market value truly is right now.

Looks like Sony isn't budging. What a powerhouse move from them to threaten the livelihood of the MCU. I knew them buying Insomniac on a dime was fishy.

They did. They offered compromises and disney walked out.

Its really crazy people are coming out and saying any of the Sony spidermans were good. Tobey Maguire was a pretty shit spiderman but good Peter Parker, but overall the writing was shit and so was the overall feel of spiderman's fights and acrobatics. Andrew Garfield was a good spiderman but absolutely shit Peter Parker, again shitty writing tho. Fights were at least a bit more on par with what one would expect from a Spiderman movie. Also his costume was dog shit. The MCU movies with spiderman are the first to actually get it right. I wasn't on board with him being a high school kid initially, but its worked out really great so far. Venom was surprisingly good and so was Enter the Spiderverse, but I don't want to go back to what Sony considers a passable Spiderman movie.

Also considering that the villain they're currently considering for black panther 2 is a spider-man villain disney will not be willing to let marvel lose spider-man. Why the director of Black panther blew most of his villains in one movie is beyond me

>I might be wrong but what's the point of Spider-Man staying with Disney?

That's not the point at all. The deal to give rights to all Spiderman movies were bought by Sony back before Disney even bought Marvel. So Sony still hold the rights to Spiderman movies and games as well.

Disney just let Spiderman be in their Marvel Universe from time to time because they're all Marvel superheroes. It was a collaboration between Sony and Marvel... before Disney bought out Marvel.

Disney just wants to alter the old deal of getting 5% of day 1 sales to getting 50% of all profits. Paying for 50% of development cost is a drop in the bucket compared to 50% of the profits. Sony was right to flip Disney off for this bullshit. Sony doesn't need Disney.

by default they have no gender because they reproduce by budding
that said it's just fiction made to sell merc so it can be whatever ya want

Attached: 46573457842754.jpg (720x405, 17K)

They did. Their counter-offer was to have the same deal be re-signed for the next 2 movies.

Disney said fuck you and walked away. He's getting ghosted, and it's because Disney is greedy as fuck.

>Disney gives Sony a bad deal
>Sony tells them to fuck off
>Sony gets the blame and MCU drones go out in full force protesting against Sony
>Now everyone hates Sony
Clever Mouse. They have everyone under their thumb.

Honestly the game ruined into the spiderverse for me. Its the best spider-man movie we've ever gotten (despite its complete mishandeling of mary jane but that seems par for the course) but I don't think we'll ever see anything like it again

>So Sony still hold the rights to Spiderman movies and games as well.

Nope, Disney holds the rights to the games.

Tobey Maguire was the best actor, Raimi didn't know how to do superhero movies. Almost nobody did. The new Spiderman movies are good but they're too purposefully different from the old ones.

You're imagining things, Disney didn't care about Spidey's absence in the MCU beforehand, it was Feige who was doing all the leg work getting Pascal to consider shared custody because Feige wanted to flex.

It's likely Disney only even went to the tables on this when someone looked at the contract and wondered why they were getting 5% of the pleasure in what should be a 69. If Sony takes their sextoy and leaves Disney will just go right back to playing with itself using any of the others in their walk in closet.

Sony isn't going to sell Spider-Man, Disney can't buy the entirety of Sony just for Spider-Man, and they're not going to cut Marvel Comics off at the neck just in the hopes it clips a toenail from Sony Pictures.
>B-but X-Men and FF
Again, different person behind that, different philosophy.
For better or worse Disney has even said at times of tension between fans and Marvel Comic regarding writing, social media conduct, cancellations, etc that they have no interest dealing with Marvel Comics' internal operation.

Now if Marvel Comics itself decided to flex on Sony to impress Daddy Disney, it would be something that likely backfires on them come financial reports missing a huge chunk of the usual Spidey title and merch sales. Just look at pic related.

I get it, X-Men's there, so it happened before with one of their top selling properties. But Spider-Man is THE top seller. They don't have an Inhuman replacement for him and his cast.

They'd basically be giving DC the market pulling a stunt like that. At which point Disney would just fire everyone responsible and close Marvel Comics if their operation is somehow making Anti-Money.

tl;dr None of this means anything for anyone except some vocal minority of MCU viewers. Games, comics, etc even Spider-Man movies, which Sony will continue to make with the 95% of the 1.1 Billion Far from Home just earned them, will carry on as before Feige had gone out his way.

Attached: Mister Disney I don't feel so good.png (548x406, 34K)

T. Mouseshill

The mouse always wins.

oh then why didn't I see Disney's name plastered all over that last Spiderman game?

>shits on RaimiMan
>"Venom was surprisingly good"
What fucking universe do you live in

Do you see Disney plastered all over the EA Star Wars games? It's a contract deal, not an IP sell off like the movies.

Look at this mouse shill with the revisionist history. I’ve seen a lot of these posts on twitter. It’s fucking horrifying how much control Disney has over you drones.

I honestly cannot fathom how shit your opinion is.

How fucking dense are these capeshit fans holy fuck
Do you fucking retards have any idea how dangerous it is for the likes of Disney to own so much media like this?
You're literally open to the idea of Sony getting bought out and assimilating into a hellhole of homogenous activity because you want more Spiderman?
What the everloving fuck is wrong with you?

Attached: 1553336612436.jpg (693x663, 60K)

You do know Drake is a white dude in the comics, right?

Because that's not how trademarks work you absolute mouth-breather.

Marvel owns Spiderman's likeness in ever capacity except film, where Sony owns the rights to do what they want with it.

Disney owns Marvel. 100% fucking owns it.

Disney doesn't plaster their name all over Spider-Man comics, or are you too fucking stupid to realize that as well?

spider-man is actually fourth now, behind One Piece and One Piece is about to top batman within the next two years

You ARE fucking around, right? No one's this fucking stupid, right?

>Do you fucking retards have any idea how dangerous it is for the likes of Disney to own so much media like this?
if they did they wouldnt be retards right?

They don't care. Read these replies. Warning, you will seethe at our world.

twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1163921084376395777

Omg Disney just needs to buy these Sony guys LOL #boycottsony

It's legit scary that Disney has these people essentially brainwashed. They essentially want a future where one company is responsible for every single piece of media.

get woke, slowly go broke...

One Piece is still the highest selling comic by a single author.

Sony does Spider-Man better than Disney. I'll fight anyone on this. Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man PS4, Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse, and Spider-Man 2 are leagues above Disney's Spider-Man incarnate.

I still wonder what hollywood would look like if disney never bought out Marvel. Marvel would be a community of studios working together with them and not just the most profitable arm of a global conglomerate

by a wide margin but it's getting close to being the top selling comic of all time. If oda keeps this up for the next ten years I can guarantee you he'd top superman. Especially now that DC shot themselves in the foot by giving it to Bendis

Probably underage and/or his extent of movie-watching is solely capeshit

I LOVED Far From Home, maybe as good as Rameme's Spidey 2, but all his movies even the dumpster fire known as three are classics that hold up so incredibly well.
Venom is the weakest of any of the sony movies but still solid, le turd in the wind meme though unironically drops the movie from a 7 to a 6/10
Into the spiderverse could be the best spidey movie overall, art direction, animation, OST are all godlike and invoke a ton of emotion for me

holy shit WHO CARES?
We ruined this great story and movies because Sony didn’t want to NEGOTIATE! This is a bad decision on Sony’s part!

disney had to fire off half it's theme park staff to save money last year... and yet they still reported billions in profit from it. Their Star Wars shit isn't going so well either.

Aside from their Marvel movies, they seem to be losing money everywhere... but they still somehow reported billions in profit.

This shit is why they're being investigated for cooking their books.

She does doggy..therefore the knee has bruise.

The one difference is the MCU had Iron Man before. Far From Home was very obvious in setting up Peter to be the new face of the franchise. If they lose that, they might go for worst case scenario and revive Iron Man in some shitty way, possibly with a cheaper actor. This situation is actually really bad for Disney.

Bruh the only good thing to come from those movies was Doctor Octopus and Jonah Jameson. They were really good characters/actors stuck in abysmal movies. Also I went into Venom with extremely extremely low expectations since it would have zero connection to spiderman and it was a Sony movie. I had a fun time with it even though the last fight could have been better. You guys are defending that guy's train wreck of a trilogy and I'm half expecting The Amazing Spiderman praising to be next.

>capeshit

who the fuck cares? take it to Yea Forums

Loving every laugh, fuck you capeshit plebes. Sony dabbing on the mouse and making manchildren seethe over their children's toys is priceless.

Attached: 7b1.gif (554x400, 120K)

Valid statement, I get your point
I personally don't like the "MCU touch" on his movies, so maybe that's why I'm looking forward for him to leave. They just don't have the same heroic vibe as the previous ones, I don't like it when the tone is 'too light'. But I get it, it's true that without him the MCU takes a huge blow and that's a shame.

Yup, I know that. I just had the impression that people were only mad about Spider-Man leaving the MCU (which doesn't seems to be that much of a problem for me)

Nintendo INC. as a whole was worth more then the fox deal they payed for and they now have to work off the debt of the fox purchase before they can legally but more company., and they bend the rules here as its enforced by governments across the world

>I still wonder what hollywood would look like if disney never bought out Marvel
If Disney never bought Marvel they would've been dead by now

I don't understand, why would Disney acquiring Spider-man mean no more games? Disney always had the video game rights

>Discussions between Disney & Sony for acquiring Spider-Man are ongoing
The reason for acquiring insomniac games is thrown out the window if Sony can't make more spider-man games. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and insomniac will have to make another ratchet & clank or resistance game.

>P-P-PC
Microsoft owns PC and you do know Sony just recently talked about putting their games on PC and OTHER consols, right. dumbass Europoors.

You play as JD and Kait so it's cool.

The sequels are Xbox exclusives and never coming to other consoles.

They can't just drop Reynolds, he's too synonymous with the character. You're right, all they literally have to do is make one dumb fourth wall breaking joke about entering the MCU and he's in.

>Nor Disney nor Marvel could cancel an already released game unless Sony breaks the contract.
Except they already did something similar on Marvel Heroes.

Disney forced the developers to remove the Fantastic 4 and Dr Doom from the game because reason, even if the 5 characters were already released years before the forced.removal

They were well on their way to making the avengers, fiege was still with them I don't see what disney has done for them

*snap*

>It has begun Yea Forums, say goodbye to Spider-Man games
Sony doesn't have any permanent rights to games. They only have the movie rights.

>Microsoft owns PC
No they dont, they own the OS but not the biggest PC store
>The sequels are Xbox exclusives
IF they make sequels which I doubt they'll be made with the EGS dilemma and the fact it looks like shit
Also I love how Xbots always use the "b-b-but the future" excuse because they know their present is full of nothing

>Venomverse could potentially overthrow MCU if played right

>Liking Venom
No taste confirmed
>Spider-Man was SJW crap
I felt like it had shoe-horned diversity, but it really wasn't that bad. The writing was decent, only held back by the MCU, and the characters were great.
Tom Holland is a fantastic Spider-man and the supporting cast are competent actors.

Venom was kind of a mess. I hope they clean it up in the sequel.

>they own the lesser lucrative IPs of Spider-Man
You should read Disney's fiscal reports instead of shitposting on Yea Forums, the most money any Marvel character makes is from licensed toys, yep.

How come nobody actually wants to KEEP spiderman? How many times have marvel and DC traded him, now?

The only thing Disney/Marvel will do is continue their partnership with computer entertainment and make absolutely sure that their game doesn't line up with any movie Sony is lining up for to do cross promotion.
Spider-Man is not the Fantastic Four or X-Men. He alone outsells every other superhero combined in merchandising deals. Batman doesn't even compete. The entire Avengers line up doesn't compete. Spider-Man has worldwide appeal that Disney, no matter how petty, are now about to snuff out.

Last Spiderman game I've played was Spider-Man 2 on the PSX so I don't really give a fuck.

>retired
You're retarded if you think the characters aren't coming back.

>Russia is the only country in the world with a troll-army

I have been looking for that game for a while, is it good?

Joke's on you, Black Panther doesn't have a cape

Attached: insider trading.jpg (959x404, 40K)

why the hell would Marvel be seething over a Marvel character getting money
>the absolute state of venomcucks

2018 game and spiderverse are the only recent spiderman related media worth caring about.

>#boycottsony is a thing now
If previous boycotts like live action Aladdin and Lion King proved anything is that twitter has literally no power in the real world

Attached: 1349631269951.jpg (641x480, 184K)

Enter Electro? If you played the first game on PS1 then you should enjoy it, its kind of more of the same.

So when are the Corporate Wars finally going to happen?
I'm getting tired of waiting.

Attached: 1558717323207.png (469x447, 3K)

Are there really anons that don't know Sony only owns the rights to Spider-man films and thats it? All merch, tv, other mediums, etc, go to Disney.

Attached: This Guyzoch Serious.jpg (476x456, 22K)

are you ready for the rise of Taco Bell and finally being able to utilize the three shells?

I don't get it the deal was obvious way to bad for Sony to even think about accepting it, this is something you just say read and say no way fag, Disney obvious know Sony would not accept it and they are not trying to make Sony the villain for not accepting a bad fucking deal, something like 20~25% would already be too much to accept without any sort of compensation like some shares in others spider stuff.

No, because I still don't know how to use the 3 shells.

>No they dont, they own the OS but not the biggest PC store
And? Don't know why you Euroniggers think PCs and consoles compete with one another, this is your brain on Sonycrack.
>IF they make sequels
Microsoft already talked about the Outer Worlds sequels being Xbox/PC only games, you'll never see those games on any other consoles, cope.

far from home was based!
le nightcrawler man was a fantastic mysterio and we got the first good on-screen romance between spidey and MJ in who knows how long. even if they did brownwash qt red head /our girl/
2018 game holds up as well as (or better than) any recent spidey movie though, storywise

.twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1163870974170714112

I know people bitch and have a hate boner for Marvel and the mcu. I enjoy it as a fun bit of goofy entertainment so I hope Tom Holland Spidey and Tom Hardy Venom stick around. I don't mind if Sony isn't involved as long as they stay in the mcu. I doubt this would change anything with the video game side of things.

nice I played the first one on the 64 and I remember being so mad at sony when they announced that the second game was an exclusive. Though I did buy a PS4 just for spider-man so I guess I'm a sucker regardless

Two shit companies fighting to see who can suck more...

Attached: 1397423875411.jpg (380x360, 124K)

>Don't know why you Euroniggers think PCs and consoles compete with one another
Because people are getting woke about consoles being a huge scam and more and more developers are putting their games on it?
>Microsoft already talked about the Outer Worlds sequels being Xbox/PC only games
That is if the game manages to sell more than two copies which would be a record for both Microsoft and Obsidian, also if the sequels are on PC then there's no point on buying an Xbone since you can pirate it

So does Marvel own the Spidey movie rights again? I'd rather Sony not fuck it up some how.

>Sony CEO a day after purchasing insomniac hoping to get more Spiderman games exclusive to the PS5

I guess all they get is Sunset Overdrive 2 LOL

Attached: 31849366.jpg (800x567, 290K)

No, they never did. This was an agreement: Marvel does the work, Sony gets the money. Now that Sony had two successes under their belt, they're ready to take their ball and go home.

Yes because Insomniac is known for only making Spider-Man and Sunset Overdrive.

and Ratchet and Clank and Resistance

>Because people are getting woke about consoles being a huge scam and more and more developers are putting their games on it?
And?
>That is if the game manages to sell more than two copies which would be a record for both Microsoft and Obsidian, also if the sequels are on PC then there's no point on buying an Xbone since you can pirate it
Are Sony games worth buying if they're on PC? Think about what you say, Euronigger.

Disney shills are of the same breed as Nintendo and Apple shills so Im not suprised at all.

REEE WHY WON'T SONY JUST GIVE EVERYTHING TO DADDY DISNEY >:( I WANT MY SUPERTIGHTS MAN MOVIEEEES

>And?
And soon consoles will cease to exist but in this case Xbone already beat them to the punch
>Are Sony games worth buying if they're on PC?
>b-but Sony
Just because Microsoft gave up even before the race started doesnt mean you can pin all your problems on Sony

I only liked the bad guy who had the big fist for a second because he played The Elephant in Payday 2

I just want to watch capeshit man. I don't care about 2 megacorps feuding over who makes more billions.

WE STILL GOT HARLEY KEENER AND RIRI WILLIAMS

Ant-Man and Spider-Man would be a good combo but at this point I care more about Ant-Man getting a new solo film

Attached: Hat.gif (285x190, 399K)

>capeshit
Who cares

>Marvel does the work, Sony gets the money.

Other way around, but I can't expect much from you.

fuck this punk ass bullshit man get over it move the fuck on go to work pay your bills put food on the table take care of your family

>And soon consoles will cease to exist but in this case Xbone already beat them to the punch
You've been saying this the 1980s and guess what, consoles still exist, I can't wait until the Scarlett makes you Sonyfags irrelevant.
>Just because Microsoft gave up even before the race started doesnt mean you can pin all your problems on Sony
Please stop acting like you're a PC fan, you can go out shittig on console and then the next second start once again sucking ranny corporate cock.

>old deal was Sony foots the bill for the movie and Disney gets a small cut along with creative control
>new deal is Disney funds the movie 50% and gets 50% of the revenue it makes
How is that fair?

Attached: krool.gif (457x321, 1.81M)

>I can't wait until the Scarlett makes you Sonyfags irrelevant.
Didnt you said the same with Xbone and now Microsoft is just the butt of the joke?
>you can go out shittig on console and then the next second start once again sucking ranny corporate cock.
Like you're doing with Microsoft? also nice grammar phonefag

quit worrying about these superheroes

It’s not, but all you need is an army of angry drones on Twitter to convince everyone that Sony is the bad guy.

>ACKCHEWALLEE
>It's against the law in Japan for a domestic company or corporation to sell itself to a foreign entity. This was done so that foreign corporations couldn't dismantle and destabilize the Japanese economy by buying up all the companies and then offshoring the work (so exactly what Japan was doing to the US in the 70s and 80s).
This was proven false over and over again. That law only protect a small handfull of companies, of which both Sony and Nintendo are not part of. would search the archives but found that fireden nuked the Yea Forums archives.
where the Yea Forums archives now Yea Forumsros?

please... sony... just give the #Mouse his rightful share, i just want to continue consuming his #content. think of us #consumers... please

Attached: spongebob.jpg (545x380, 20K)

>Didnt you said the same with Xbone and now Microsoft is just the butt of the joke?
No, I didn't, like the Wii U I knew the Xbone would be a joke out the gate, unlike you I don't suck corporate cock. I don't understand why you guys suck them off so much when none of their game franchises can keep me invested and when they do make one they end up killing that franchise and never coming back to it.
>Like you're doing with Microsoft? also nice grammar phonefag
Microsoft and Nintendo have gotten better from their shitty 2012 and 2013 selves and have games and franchises that I'm interested and or invested into. Also, I'm on my computer fyi, I just have an annoying key delay on some of my keys.

>I don't suck corporate cock
Neither do I but apparently you do since it takes a huge Xbot to keep having faith in Microsoft
>Microsoft and Nintendo have gotten better from their shitty 2012 and 2013
Nintendo yes, but Microsoft has been repeatedly fucking up, now only they cancel third party stuff but also killed their own series like Fable and Crackdown

sounds fair, not like disney will get hurt from it

AND FUCK THE JANNIES

>Neither do I but apparently you do since it takes a huge Xbot to keep having faith in Microsoft
Shut the hell up, you're doing it with Sony right now.
>Nintendo yes, but Microsoft has been repeatedly fucking up, now only they cancel third party stuff but also killed their own series like Fable and Crackdown
Microsoft has been recovering since 2017 you would see that if you didn't have Sony shoved so far up your own ass you corporate cock sucker.