Which of these losers was objectively the BIGGEST failure and why?

Which of these losers was objectively the BIGGEST failure and why?

Attached: failures.jpg (1024x1863, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

statista.com/statistics/349078/nintendo-wii-and-wii-u-console-sales/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You

damn...

>Vita
>lose
It was definitely the WiiU, and I say this as a day one buyer. Only Nintendo system I ever felt was a waste of money.

It's obviously the Wii U.

>he thinks the vita wasn't a failure

Probably Xbone. Vita was very successful in Japan. WiiU managed to get carried by the brand name and a few (very very few) decent exclusives. Xbone had nothing.

Have sex incel.

wii u is great for homebrew, and honestly has better features than the switch, besides the obvious.

Vita was a commercial and financial failure and had practically everything worth playing on it ported to other platforms, or have enhanced editions on other platforms making the Vita versions the worst ones to play. That's without mentioning the performance problems that practically every Vita game had.

>just the xbox one
Consoles in general are total garbage this gen, they're all total failures
>b-but b-bloodbourne
Buying a console for a soulsclone is retarded and you know it.

>sales
Xbone > WiiU > Vita
>library
WiiU > Xbone > Vita

So yeah, the Vita was the biggest failure, so much so it booted Sony out of the portable market.

I own a Wii u and a Vita, so for me it's the Xbox One.

Wii U

Xbox had some public in USA, while Vita had its public in Japan. Wii U had nothing.

From a purely financial standpoint the Wii U hurt Nintendo quite a but more than the Vita hurt Sony. That being said, Nintendo seems to have learned a lot more from the WIi U than Sony has from the Vita (unless you think permanently backing out of the handheld market is a smart move).

The Vita sold better than the Wii U while being part of a smaller market.

Your understanding of Vita's library is a tiny fraction of its actual size. 90% of it was never translated to English.

Vita = Terrible games
Wii U = Terrible console
Xbox One = Good console/No games

Wii U. It was the only nintendo system i ever owned that broke. Also it only had one good game and although DK Tropical Freeze was fun it wasn't worth paying 300$ for.

Wii u had great games and amazing homebrew
Ps vita had persona 4 with great homebrew
Xbox one has one good game but has little to no hacking scene.
Xbox one it is.

>owned them all
It depends on how good 360 emulation can cache shaders. If poorly, I'd say the Vita/base Xbox One. If perfectly, then the Xbox One X.

Not only does sony not have a new handheld, but most of the handheld devs have moved to switch.

how did you break it?
it's built like a tank, especially compared to the flimsy switch pos

Wait, are you saying the Xbox One X specifically, or just the Xbone in general?

Nah, pretty much everything worth playing on Vita got brought over to the west, just most of them got PS4 and PC ports along with Vita or skipped on Vita altogether. Most of what we didn't get are the VN ports.

Is the Xbox One X worth picking up? Or should I just settle for the S?

The vita barely had any games.

I fucking wish Freedom Wars ended up on PS4 or Steam with either an enhanced port or a sequel

At this point, you might as well wait for project Scarlett

Tomatoes, Tomatoes.

Just wait for next gen or get an s used.
Next gen is guaranteed to have backwards compatibility with 360 and one games.
The only reason to get one is for fornza and 360 games upscalled.

Sony gave up on handhelds.
Nintendo made the wii u portable
Xbox made two more versions and are going to release a new console.l next year.

Which do you think is the biggest loser? Hint: Sony is going to be a dead business by 2025. The other two will be alive and active

You can get a new one without a box for $280 right now on eBay. I’ve been eyeing it but am waiting for Gears 5 and Modern Warfare to come out before I jump

>Sony is going to be a dead business by 2025.
*says the armchair analyst on a Chinese cartoon imageboard who never ran a business.

Their tvs dont sell.
Their movie division, and only succesful movie in 5 years, just gave Disney the finger.
Playstations are selling slower and slower each gen, AND their flagships series all ended.

Sony is becoming Sega. But make sure you jerk off to your ps4 later okay?

The best we can hope for are the few things left on Vita get cheap digital only PS5 4k ports sometime in the future.

If we rate a console by the number of games, then Xbox One is the failure by and large. It has less exclusives than CD-i or Pioneer LaserActive.

Sony had massive profit with VIta on home market, making it the only profitable side of their conglomerate.
Nintendo suffered massive financial loss on Wii U and its director had to take a pay cut in order to keep the company afloat.
Microsoft never gave a flying fuck about their gaming division because most of their profits come from selling the most used OS in the world, letting them burn money on any venture.

>Playstations are selling slower and slower each gen
No, they sell better and better each gen.

Friendly reminder that the 3DS has literally no games - read: zero (0) games - on the horizon but the Vita is at least on kusoge life support for the forseeable future

This, but also quality beats quantity desu. I would argue that the vita had shit games besides maybe a handful of fan favorites. Also, I've net cou less people who still to this day believe that the Wii U was just an upgraded Wii. Terrible marketing on Nintendo's end.

Sony music is doing okay due Fate. Also they have a insurance branch that do just fine despite everything.

They aren't going die overnight.

The 3DS is still getting Great Ace Attorney 2

the Wii U did have terrible marketing. I don't recall ever seeing a commercial for it or any of its games besides Splatoon.

citation needed

The Xbox One as a whole is a pretty bad flop but the Xbox One X itself isn't doing all that badly.

>Vita
>lose
Correct

They actually lost money on the OLED models and PSTVs and it's not like Vita software was selling anywhere near where it needed to be to make up for those loses.
Most of where companies make their money is in software sales and PS+/Gold subscriptions and Vita games didn't really sell well nor did it require PS+ for online.

Definitely the Vita. I used to give my friend shit for buying one when they came out, but eventually I got one for cheap and realized how much lost potential there was. It's a great system.

Xbone > Vita >>>>>>>>> a piss puddle >>>>> Wii U

As far as company future goes, the Vita. The other consoles have led to positive/promising changes to their companies’ strategies, while Sony stagnated on movie games and developed an exclusivity complex vs. the other companies. Meanwhile, the common library of the Vita as well as its most frequent developers have moved on to other platforms (Switch/PC) effectively ending profits from that end and passing them elsewhere.

People bought Vita for P4G, people bought Wii U for Smash 4, I don't know why anyone bought an Xbox One

>PSTV
I keep forgetting I bought one. Needed a new PS3 controller and there was a controller/PSTV bundle on clearance at I think Target for like $40.

Wii u hands down

Why does anyone buy an XBox since development of Halo was given to 343? It truly mystifies me.

Being an owner of all 3 I can say that the Vita is the biggest failure consumer wise as Sony abandoned it as soon as they released it and pretty much any game released on it saw a port later on anyway. It's pretty sad as the device itself is great. I still prefer the Wii-U to the Switch right now as the Switch doesn't even feel finished software wise, you can't even get more themes and it doesn't even have a VC and the Wii-U not only plays Wii games but upscales them as well and does a pretty good job at it. Finally the Bone X is pretty great for the most part, Sony does the UI better as well as updating stuff but games are better on X and with 360 and some original XBOX backwards compatibility it wins out against my Pro which I barely touch.

TLDR: they all suffer from being unsupported but the Vita is the worst of them.

Vita. It could have been the next PSP. Instead they butchered it, didn't support it and left it to die. If you bought a wii u at least you still received a few games

most people will probably say wii u, but nintendo made a successful sequel to the console and just ported all of its games, so in the long term it wasn't really that bad. meanwhile, vita was so bad that sony quit the portable market completely, so i'd say vita

Vita would've been a good handheld if Sony didn't fucking abandon first party support or made deals with other companies to get games made on it.
You would bet your ass that it would have sold more if we had a GTA, MH, DQ, and other indies that made the PSP amazing like Loco Roco and Patapon.
Worst part about it all was the proprietary expensive piece of shit called the vita mem card, which also had high failure rates. I still believe that's what really killed the sales.

Vita had so much wasted potential. Like that thing could've overtaken the DS if Sony gave a shit about it.

The only way to look at this objectively is sales data so it's the Wii U.

Huh...

So where is the ps4 muramasa port?

Coming from someone that owns all three; Wii U. Let's be completely real, the system had maybe one or two good years at most, and after that it was massive droughts just waiting for something, anything to come out. I'm not saying the console had bad games, in fact it has some really fucking good ones, but it's still Nintendo's biggest failure to date, and I don't think it even broke 15 million total. Even the Xbone surpassed it sales-wise by at least three or four times as much, and the Vita was a handheld, so I doubt that Sony ended up losing too much money on something they weren't entirely confident in in the first place. A whole lot of games from the Wii U have already been ported to the Switch, so there's very little reason to own one outside of maybe a handful of games at most, and if you just need something to play Wii games on.

Attached: 1542559299993.png (960x610, 363K)

Probably the Vita, at least Nintendo and Microsoft supported their platform. The Xbones biggest issue was it's redundancy, there was no reason to own one if you had a PC. The Wii U actually had a good library by it's EOL, it's issue now is a lot of it's biggest hits have been ported to the Switch, but it's still home to some good titles like W101, Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3, etc.

Nobody gave a fuck about the Vita outside of Japan and the worthwhile titles got PS4 ports.

Vita is one of the biggest pieces of shit in existence. I regret buying one. No games to even pirate.

The fuck you talking about?
Nintendo took that head exploding shot known as the wii u like it was someone poking them and kept going like it never existed.

Your a fucking idiot.

Rumours that it isn't off the table entirely, its framework became the basis of the only half-way decent SAO game.
The devs have expressed interest and the west overall is extremely interested in a sequel.

>had no games

Codeword for

>i hate japanese genres like rpgs

No wonder japan had way more games and jept it alive longer

>it's still Nintendo's biggest failure to date
nah that'd be the virtual boy, but wii u is 2nd place.

It happened with gravity rush so there is some hope left

No it didn't, snoy never released official numbers for how much the vita sold.

Yeah I agree. Like half of Switch's third party support is all those same devs that used to make low budget Vita games. Focusing on PS4 was definitely the right move but dropping out of handhelds will definitely come back to bite them. Japanese devs are pretty much the only AA developers left and indies and AAA games leave a gap in your software library.

Virtual Boy was a spin-off that wasn't even among their main console lineup, and it was killed shortly after. The Wii U was on life support by 2015.

And most of those were ports of visual novels.

Get a PC

Everything that is on xbone is/will be on pc. Same shit with scarlett. No point getting ms consoles

nintendo considered the virtual boy a home console, since it wasn't portable at all.

The Vita.
At least it seems Nintendo learned their lesson with the WiiU's failure.
Sony learned nothing with the Vita's failure. I went hard on the Vita trying to support it because I was hoping it was a PSP2. It's all I wanted too.
Instead we got a piece of shit being marketed as a console on the go, with overpriced, low quality proprietary memory that at times was more expensive than the system itself.

I remain hopeful.
Ragnarok Oydessy to an update with ACE and Soul Sacrifice got an update with Delta.
I hear that Freedom Wars: On High became Fatal Bullet for whatever reason but that is entirely conjecture.

Until the devs say no, I will be hopeful.
Besides, the accessory girls have made another round in Japan so its still possible.

Vita was an overpriced mistake with no edge over Nintendo's handehelds. Wii U was enough of a failure that a replacement had to be produced to stay in the game. Xbone has been chugging along the whole gen, but they handed the victory to Sony early and anyone with less capital would probably have exited the market by now.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

FAGGOT
You really think sony will be dead in 5 years!? Kid, i been with games for 40 years, they would need to make bad 90s sega decisions to die and even then it took sega nearly 10 years to finally leave the CONSOLE making market...

wiiU ez

Vita because has no games

>From PSP to Vita : 80 million to 15 million
>From XB360 to XOne : 80 million to about 40 million
>From Wii to WiiU : 100 million to fucking 13 million
The WiiU was such a colossal failure it drove Nintendo out of competing with Sony and Microsoft and settled them as the "secondary device" next to PC and PlayStation/Xbox. Satoru Iwata basically died because of this failure, and many once exclusive Nintendo franchises such as Monster Hunter jumped ship right away
WiiU was so bad it reflects on the Switch since most of its library is WiiU ports making the WiiU itself the most irrelevant console of all time, even the Virtual Boy still has games of its own

Yeah I did get a bit of a FW feel from Fatal Bullet, hopefully something does happen eventually

Hm... The Vita is out because Sony never really invested that heavily into it. It was more like a weird failed experiment. With how well Nintendo is doing now with the Switch it's easy to forget how bleak things were in the Wii U years, but I think my vote goes for the Xbox One X simply because we've seen that neither failure sits that heavy on the hearts of Sony or Nintendo, whereas Microsoft seems very self-conscious of how their system underperformed. Between the system bombing and them releasing all their games on Windows, it feels like they're pulling out of the console game; but on the other hand, they spent e3 doubling down on promises of a new console and buying up game developers. If their new console is another dud it'll be the end of Xbox as we know it.

WiiU.

You were probably the one screaming that Sony was going out of business and there wouldn't be a PS4

but the Wii U isnt an "objectively" failure. It had pretty good games and they sold well.

I said most got ports on release. Muramasa, Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, and Killzone Mercenary are pretty much the only things it has left that are worth playing. Hell, two of them are even ports too.

Vita would have never been a good device because shitty proprietary hardware, shitty gimmicks, shitty games that are mostly lesser version of home console games
Vita bombing was probably the best that could have happened, it taught Sony and the rest of the industry that the market would no longer stand for this crap

>vita have terrible games
>but celebrate like no tomorrow when those terrible games comes to switch

Next gen could be interesting. I've never liked Xbox but Sony seems about as full of themselves as they did under Kutaragi.

In defence of the WII U, it had a stupidly high attach rate.I think it had more 1 million sellers that the PS4.

>Vita had so much wasted potential. Like that thing could've overtaken the DS if Sony gave a shit about it.
Are you being serious?

It did exactly what the PSP did, but worse. Tried to deliver a console-like experience on a handheld that ultimately no one wanted. Its hardware worked against it, making it both too expensive to buy for customers and made development more expensive, so it got next to no exclusive software. The Vita is not how you design a handheld if you want it to actually sell beyond niche audiences who just want it for specific games. Customers don't want expensive handhelds.

Even the Virtual Boy had good games user, that doesn't mean it wasn't a flop. Also consider the highest selling games it had were about equal to amount of consoles sold in its lifetime

For a console that's fucking atrocious

Attached: 1542936556746.png (451x458, 93K)

>The Wii U was on life support by 2015.
Splatoon launched in 2015 and was one of its biggest and best-selling games

>One game in all of 2015

Wii U had games and still has some that have yet to be ported

Vita was a wonderful emulation machine

Xbox One just throws out update after update that takes too long to the point you can't play any of the games, and all of the good ones are on PS4

wii u for sure. Vita outlived it, if only technically.

What should Sony do to be appear less "full of themselves" ?

>and many once exclusive Nintendo franchises such as Monster Hunter
Where does this meme come from? Capcom's very own to be defunct COG division was handling a Monster Hunter MMO and which has appeared on nearly every goddamn system in the last five years, even the Vita. Nintendo never had exclusivity to Monster Hunter, ever. You can't say it doesn't exist because it's not mainline either because that's not how it works.

Attached: Box_Art-MHF-G8_PSVITA.jpg (500x636, 179K)

Splatoon succeeded in spite of the Wii U user, the Switch proved it would've done far better on a console that people actually owned and cared about

both great consoles killed by their companis and lack of appeal to casuals

In my eyes, Xbone. At least Vita and WiiU had a handful of games I gave a fuck about, at least they had some semblance of identity. Xbone was just a shittier PS4 for the longest time, and the PS4 already wasn't much to write home about beyond its reliable multiplat security, and hardly anyone cared by the time X came around and turned it into a slightly less shitty PS4 because it was far too fucking late by then. There just wasn't any real momentum or enthusiasm for the thing, while Vita managed to accumulate one of the more ardent fanbases of the gen (niche as it may be) and WiiU at least fucking tried to do something a little different from everyone else.

Did you even look at sales for the thing before posting?

>3.45m ending March 2013
>2.72m ending March 2014
>3.38m ending March 2015
>3.26m ending March 2016
>.78m ending March 2017

Splatoon is likely what kept sales from tanking completely by 2015. It didn't die completely until the Switch was announced, it sold in-line with previous years during 2015.

statista.com/statistics/349078/nintendo-wii-and-wii-u-console-sales/

>Xbox one wanted to be online only and received their biggest backslash in a while
>Nintendo wanted to reuse the Wii name so it can sell more consoles but it backfired and did the opposite.
>Sony abandoned the Vita by not giving it games.

>i hate japanese genres like rpgs
What rpgs? That piece of shit only had visual novels and ports

My cat shit on my Wii U and I didn't give a damn. Fuck that useless system.

Exactly. PSP did so well and had such a variety since it was much cheaper to do a PSP game than a PS3 one. If you were already budgeting close to a PS3 game budget for a Vita game, why not put it on PS3 instead where there was actually an audience? That was its real death blow.
The hardware wasn't quite up to par with the resolution it was trying to push and with trying to run multiplats of console games either. So a ton of its games had performance problems on top of being at subnative resolution making the thing even less desirable to consumers too.

That doesn't mean shit. The console it was on was still a fucking flop, it keeping it afloat doesn't change that

The PSP sold well but the attach rate was bad because everyone hacked it. Lots of the decisions Sony made with the Vita were done to fight piracy, and they succeeded (the system has only been cracked recently) but at the exepense of making an actual good machine

The Xbox One
>Terrible DRM policies overshadow its debut E3
>Forced Kinect when both consumers and developers had moved on from the motion control gimmick
>$100 more than the PS4
>Weaker than PS4 at launch
>Pathetic game library because Microsoft is half-assing new IP and still relying on the same stale franchises and multiplatform indie games despite it not working for years now
>Overpriced "worlds most powerful console" still has a shitty CPU

Attached: 1452105514551.gif (500x280, 820K)

These are all unironically great products. My Xbox One X and Vita are played literally everyday. My Wii U less so, but it has an incredible library of games (with many like Breath of Wild being incorrectly considered Switch exclusives) plus 100% backward compatibility with Wii out of the box.

>i-it doesn’t count!!
I hate Nintendo fans

Probably the Xbone since it made pretty much everyone move to the competition thus sealing the PS4s status as winner of this gen
The Vita is probably second since it didn't make any money and made Sony give Nintendo a monopoly on the handheld market
Atleast no one knows the Wii U exists so it can't tarnish Nintendo's name any more than it already has, and they did improve it with the Switch which everyone loves

>Tried to sell you on an AT&T data plan at launch
>Proprietary memory was expensive as hell and made digital games too pricey in the long run
>Major western developers abandoned the platform after its first year on the market
>Sony themselves abandoned the platform after its second year on the market
>Unless you like VNs or JRPGs there was little reason to buy one
>More expensive than the 3DS
>Tried to offer console quality titles in order to fend off the growing mobile market only to be abandoned for said mobile market by 2015
As much as I love the Vita it really is a big failure.

Attached: 1479941697150.jpg (337x345, 25K)

based

While the Kinect was their big hardware blunder, i still think Crackdown 3 is the monument to Microsoft's sins this gen. Over 5 years in development for a game that had less features than it's much-disliked predecessor, and didn't even launch with the option to invite friends

Vita flopped so hard that Sony abandoned the handheld market
Wii U flopped but Nintendo immediately followed it up with a hit console that was a natural evolution of the concept.
No contest really.

Sony gave it a few games, as well as some decent new IP in Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, and Freedom Wars. Only problem is you can't beat Nintendo in the handheld space

>Which of these losers was objectively the BIGGEST failure and why?
In terms of raw sales, Wii U. The numbers are what they are.

In terms of actually worthwhile content, Xbone. There's like what, 10 actual exclusives for it?

So they had a new console out in 2012?
Because fuck you asshole, 2017 isnt immediately.

>10 exclusives
Try 2 (Rare Replay, FH2)

Don't forget that indie devs walked when Microsoft policy dictated that indie titles must launch on Xbone the same day as other platforms or before or else they couldn't release them at all.