Tell me why I should not buy Pokemon Sword and Shield

Tell me why I should not buy Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Something about the Pokedex?

Attached: 658486941654.jpg (1024x512, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Criw3PkS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pokemon gameplay might be too much for someone with your mental faculties user

Because you can already pirate and emulate the only Pokemon games that matter.

It looks like fucking shit.

Attached: pokemon-sword-shield-ocarina-of-time-tree-banner-jun162019-900x576.jpg (900x576, 58K)

They released a video today that blows this argument out.

Same game that has less content than the past ones

>graphix!!!
Since when did Yea Forums believe it's the only thing that matter?

Nigga the video today had several npcs floating, gamefreak are actually fucking mouthbreathers and it's time for someone else who cares to make the mainline games.

Attached: FLAOT.png (133x306, 115K)

How hard is it to put your characters on the ground

Attached: 1566304755449.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

MMMmUh Bros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they're bad games and you'd actively be supporting for a series to get even worse by telling the company that they can put out shit and people will buy it.

>Those default Y-poses

Attached: 1548715467318.jpg (540x482, 31K)

it's the same boring crap since 20 years ago

OP you wouldn't listen to anyone regardless of what they have to say.

The most piss poor attempt at a soft reboot ive ever seen in my life. Im not going to tell you not to buy it because your dumb ass will get it anyways if you cant see the blatantly obvious issues it has.

It's still a hundred times better than yokai shit

Pokemon is boring

Because of this talentless hack.

Why the fuck would they get a white dude, a jew at that, to do the new art style. It looks like shit, and a lot of the new Pokemon are garbage.

Attached: jewish subterfuge.jpg (770x423, 38K)

Nope. Stay mad all you want. Both Digibros and Yokaibros are collectively laughing at just how pathetically incompetent Game Freak are, and how they actively ruin Pokemon.

Attached: 1542850906155.png (90x128, 37K)

>subpar product that fanboys will defend no matter what
>if you complain you are le entitled evil gamer and twitter mobs are sent after you and ylur life/career seriously jeopardized

What can you even do?

>white

You must be insecure about your franchise to pick a fight with another one who didn't even mention theirs. Actually, the fact that shills even have to make these threads about why they shouldn't be excited or that others should buy it is telling enough.
You feel threatened and in denial about the quality of the series you're so invested into.

Attached: 1551764570838.png (750x610, 379K)

>You must be insecure about your franchise to pick a fight with another one who didn't even mention theirs.
Watch the post he replied to again.

And also he's not wrong.

>Picks fight by mentioning it first
>Gets a reply back that's related
>WOOOOOOOOOW, WHAT THE FUCK, I'M THE VICTIM

You may not be able to use some of your favorite mons when you could in every other game, no megas so if you liked using the good ones like mega mawile you're shit out of luck. Can't catch em all, when catching pokemon is the whole point of the game.
I mean I can't stop you but that shit is a deal breaker for me. They were the only saving grace for all the pokemon games from x and y onwards because the rest of the game was always garbage.

I'm buying Sword for the qt brown fighting-type gym leader, personally

For the two whole lines of dialog she's gonna get?

It's just a reaction image.
I don't agree that it is 100 times better, having played both series. You can prefer it, but both series have pros and cons.

Why not just play masters instead? Better visuals and you get more dialogue.

It's no use debating with drones

I usually don't care, but when your game looks worse than a Gamecube game with the same characters, it becomes infuriating

Attached: Turn_my_swag_on.gif (345x194, 2.45M)

why should we convince you not to buy it. just go ahead and get that garbage

Please it looks worse then the N64 stadium.

Every year you play a Pokemon game.

Every year, you could have gotten and played a entirely new game each year.

Instead, you're just playing what has been essentially the same game every year.

There.

Hop - Hau
Marnie - Lillie
Bede - Gladion
Lusamine - Chairman Rose
Oleana - Wicke
Team Yell - Team Skull

there, you probably figured that one out, they're almost parallels and yet, entirely different.

Enjoy punk gothita Lillie and her obsessed toxic fanbase that made itself real into the game while you help her along with her daddy issues with Chairman Rose and Oleana probably influencing the bastard.

Do this
>Don't buy
>force gamefreak to actually make a modern pokemon
>buy the game at a later date and enjoy it

this is finally it Yea Forums, i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>epstien shit has me freaking out
>just lost 3k in stocks
>family wants to kill me
>keep hearing niggers and homos giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

>inb4 go out in a blaze of glory
No, not going to ruin other peoples lives.
>inb4 why dont you make your own thread
ISP is blocked or some shit. so just posting this in first thread i see.
>inb4 is there anything i can do to change your mind
Nope, its Happening.

stream URL and quick rundown:
pastebin.com/Criw3PkS

See you all soon.
~Tatos

Attached: 1564680086496.jpg (1008x756, 319K)

Buy whatever you want - it’s your money.

Personally I’m gonna hold off until I hear other people’s opinions for the following reasons:
1. Pokémon has been going steadily down hill ever since the start of the 3DS era. SuMo were absolutely atrociously bad.
2. Despite the fact that they have shaved off most old Pokémon to save money/time, the game still looks like an HD GameCube game and the animations are worse than Pokémon stadium 1.
3. Dynamaxing looks like an incredibly lame gimmick. They could have spent their time rebalancing existing mechanics like Megas, but instead they just scrapped them and added new gimmicks that will inevitably lead to an even more offensive focused meta.
4. No word of a hard mode, which would be a major selling point for me.
5. The wild areas look empty as fuck.

Now I’m not saying the game can’t be good, but those are 5 signs that GF is taking the series even further in a direction that I’m not interested in.

No? Visuals looks like dogshit.
>"please do not ask for graphics on full prices games!"
Shills, everyone.
They didn't programmed half of the pokémon just because they are absolutely lazy.

>"b-b-b-b-but yokai watch is bad, too!"
I don't care. never play that shit. Stupid apologist

Oh no you don't, you stay here and suffer like the rest of us, if you go through with this I promise the second I descend to hell in the future I'm finding you and kicking your ass you fucking pansy drama queen.

They'll just release a new version with more content next year.

Just abandon ship and let retards enjoy eating shit. Pokémon had a good run for over a decade. It’s time that we let it go. It’s clear that GF has no intention of steering this ship back on course.

If you're over the age of 18, then you would have grown out of it by now

>It looks like shit
>no animations at all in 2019 and a mobile game made by another studio did a better job
>60$ +20$ for the online
>New Pokemon looks like shit
>It legitimately looks worse than a ps1 graphics
>Exclusive forms are legitimately ugly and stupid
>Generic 2009 waifus

And if you support them Nintendo isn't going to give a fuck and tell these lazy fuckers to actually do their job

Attached: 1562736046931.gif (500x262, 686K)

Holy fuck it's even worse,how pokefags can ignore this shit?

Discord tranny copypasta, they're fishing for Yea Forums user IPs, don't join that discord.

Attached: 1474850613486.gif (448x252, 1.99M)

PS1 is a bit of a stretch, but it does look about on par with a ps2 game with high res textures. Certainly worse than a PS3 game.

Given that “grafix” is their excuse for cutting content, I think it’s pretty fair to complain about how bad they are. If it looked at least as good as Pokken then maybe they’d be justified in cutting shit.

Yeah, you would now about that.

Attached: 1561155124985.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Don't do that user, only bad results from such an action. Eternal darkness or hell. Living is simply the best choice of action for you here. Take a nice walk outside, pray, realize that life isn't just what you see online and on the news.

If you're dumb enough to think that this mediocre shitshow is worth over a hundred dollarydoos, you go right ahead buddy, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

Because it just looks dull. The Pokémon designs have all been mediocre at best with maybe 3 exceptions, the gameplay and story aren't nearly differ enough from the past games to make it stand out, and Dynamaxing, while possibly well-balanced, just feels half assed because of the terrible 'Pokémon but big' aesthetic. It might have worked if it was just limited to raid battles but making your starter 50 times its size after reaching the first gym feels incredibly awkward.

Alright I'll take a crack at it

You shouldn't buy it because Gamefreak sits on insane amounts of money from game sales and merch despite the fact they've been lazy about every mainline entry since gen 6. There is no excuse why a multi billion dollar company should get away with halfassing their work so hard that they lie about reusing models from the previous generation to save face.

I like pokemon but the only way we're ever going to get a good mainline game again is if you show some self respect and hold out on a purchase, you need to make Gamefreak clutch their wallets and reconsider that maybe their playerbase wont just eat whatever shit they decide to churn up regardless of quality, Its YOUR job as a consumer to ensure good quality work is rewarded and by buying Sword/Sheild condone lazy half assed game design furthering the decay of mainline pokemon games.

Attached: ec11321ddfaced3a2ba0253e4d286b23.gif (804x604, 122K)

anyone has tried pokemon masters? Seems like they really fucked it up. You can't roll pokemons, you roll trainers that are binded to a certain pokemon and can't change that.

So, instead of one trainer with multiple pokemons like in the original games, you get 3 trainer displayed each with their own pokemon.
Fuck man, I wonder who tought this was a good idea.

Attached: 1548543771968.png (118x142, 34K)

I played it for a few hours and it's shit.

Because it's a fucking joke compared to what a Pokemon game on Switch should.
Hell, they fucking replaced ridable pokemon by a boring ass bike...

Attached: wat cool off beans.jpg (1478x1844, 912K)

most people who ask this will just deny any form of negativity towards it

cringe and soi

>same boring gameplay
>nothing new added
>shit graphics on a brand new system
>literal copy and paste with a majority of the pokemon and characters
>20 dollars for online
>That will be 60 dollars plus tax

That didn’t stop people from singing the praises of fire emblem.

Attached: F690AC2A-8217-4005-85CB-96EC606390C1.jpg (950x534, 201K)

Well, level design aint much better.
You still have boring ass narrow corridors like on handhelds.
Pic related, the vast plain in the background can't even be accessed...

Attached: corri.jpg (1001x612, 191K)

Because a superior game comes out a month before it and is 2 games in a single game cart

Attached: Poketards WILL defend this.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

Attached: 1564890758684.jpg (1220x3986, 2.28M)

>Shills left so the thread is dead
Like poetry

It's always a laugh bringing up how Cyber Sleuth is a better value than Pokemon right now because shills only have two responses:
>"N-none of the games have all the Digimon!"
>"I-it's a cheap ripoff!"

Don't forget that there's no way to get galar blocked pokemon out of home once they're in, so little Yuuji from Kyoto trying to transfer his shinx or whatever the fuck over is actually gonna end up (getting his mom to) pay for home for X amount of time till GF decides to put shinx in a game again or else it's deleted.
I use Japan as an example here because JAPAN HAS STILL NOT BEEN INFORMED OF THIS. GF is deliberately hiding this important bit of information from what it sees as it's most important demographic, nip kids. All that Japanese outrage you saw was just the turboneets willing to follow an English language event never advertised in Japan, and Twitter followers thereof.

Sounds like what you need is some big titty sheep,

Attached: 3ACE41FA-9D21-4C9A-B233-A5F91D7E711B.jpg (748x800, 93K)

looks like I'm really not buying it

Attached: 1563053331625.jpg (696x696, 29K)

It's the same milquetoast Pokemon game as all the others
When you've played one of them, you've basically played all of them

Attached: 1565991341283.jpg (855x1034, 68K)

because masuda "bugs in anus" told you so

Buy my product, Gaijin. I know you'll rove it!

Attached: Junichi_Masuda.png (269x395, 243K)

Don’t be that way user.

Attached: 83EC9938-8278-47D2-9F04-E03C4FDB2D28.jpg (618x800, 72K)

>"Look. Game gud, right?"
>*Fans happy with what they see
>"We will cut Pokémon to make the gameu look better"
>Fans look extremely unhappy*
>"We're also cutting megas and Z-moves"
>Fans already fuming*
>"We're adding a new gimmick and it'll be like megas and Z-moves only 1000x lamer"
>Fans melting on the inside*
>"Game doesn't actually look any better than the 3DS ones, actually"
>Fans melting on the outside*
>Present day: This thread

Attached: 3278528395.jpg (800x800, 423K)

As a pokéfag I want to forget Sword and Shield exists. Can we please stop talking about it on Yea Forums? Take this shit ti /vp/, this game will be complete garbage, and we all know this too well already.
I fucking hate people who are just okay with less contente in a game

Attached: 1541173508963.jpg (480x326, 15K)

Based but sad truth

Hey Swampert_Tube

How's that speedrunning career going for ya, bud?

The Switch version of DQXI looks a lot worse than that

Every single reason to not buy SWSH in this thread compiled
>national dex is gone
>graphics
National dex I can understand if you really liked having that, then that is a good reason not to get the game. But fucking graphics? Are you guys bullshitting?

Graphics make the game look prettier but that’s really it, what really matters is the gameplay. AKA the part that makes it a game.
>BUT THE GAMEPLAY SUCKS/IS THE SAME!
Then why are you even fucking discussing? The gameplay of Pokémon hasn’t changed since it’s inception if you don’t like it anymore then you were never going to enjoy the game even if it had great graphics. I’m going to assume OP likes the standard Pokémon formula and if that’s the case then he has no reason to not but the game unless he cares about the Nat dex

TLDR: the only reason not to buy the game OP, is if you really care about the national dex

Attached: C4F6CBF5-6343-4810-8BA0-823C0C48B559.jpg (236x177, 8K)

>You can't roll pokemons, you roll trainers that are binded to a certain pokemon and can't change that.

I thought the trainers was part of the point of masters. I personally think the real kicker is having Pikachu stapled to the self insert.

You conveniently forgot to talk about posts pointing out that level design is the same as on handhelds with massive background areas not accessible and the accessible area being a narrow corridor bordered by small pickets and bush...

Do whatever you want. Just mash A though since the story in Pokémon games is garbage and Game Freak can't add skippable cutscenes for shit.

What about the fact that gamefreak is REALLY showing that they don't give a shit anymore?

And the gameplay is shallow and braindead. Literally give me a single reason to buy the game

The reason people shit on the embarrassing visuals so much is because Game Freak used "higher quality animations" as an excuse for cutting down the dex, when that is so evidently a lie.
SWSH seems to have less content than any main Pokemon game in many years now, while also being hilariously ugly, poorly programmed and as shallow as a puddle.

>Then why are you even fucking discussing? The gameplay of Pokémon hasn’t changed since it’s inception if you don’t like it anymore then you were never going to enjoy the game even if it had great graphics

That's were you're wrong, shit-eater.
What people expected from a console 3D pokemon game was a larger, more open map, and the possibility to interact with the environment and with the Pokemon you own.
Instead of that, we get the same old empty corridor bullshit as in handheld games, and they even removed the interactions with your pokemon that existed in previous games (ridable pokemon, following pokemon...etc).

You wanted to explore the mysterious Scottish great lakes on your aquatic pokemon bro? Too bad, but you'll get to ride a bike on a pond instead...

Attached: heres your tour de fra....pokemon game i mean.jpg (2182x1281, 390K)

Wild areas exist now. The corridors excuse doesn’t really hold any ground. You now have entire areas to autistically run around like people wanted.

I mean you're free to buy whatever you like really

Wild Area is like 1/6th of the game
Everything else is very narrow corridors

Attached: corri.jpg (1001x607, 188K)

OH NO NO NO NO
that looks so bad
like PS2 bad

The series, which was never challenging even as a kid, is going out of its way to dumb down the gameplay even further, while continuing the trend of laziness that started with X/Y. Lack of a few monsters is the least of its problems.

They cut much of the pokedex and have nothing to show for it. As bad as X and Y were, they still didn't remove something so essential to the game as the pokemon themselves

They definitely don’t seem to care as much as the once did
Why would I convince you to like a game you already don’t like? I can’t make you like anything user
The animations excuse was retarded I will agree, but the games have always been shallow since the beginning people don’t call it babies first RPG for no reason. Ugly is subjective and poorly programmed is true but as long as the game runs fine this is a non issue. And every Pokémon game cuts content this isn’t anything new.
This entire post can be summed up to
>there just making a regular Pokémon game but it’s on the switch this time
Pokémon is never going to change there formula until people stop buying their games. So if you don’t like regular Pokémon anymore than just leave the franchise because what you just envisioned will probably never happen
>only 1/6 of the game
How much did you pay for your time machine? Or did you make it yourself?

Unironically fuck Wooloo

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

Fuck Gamefreak for giving old pokemon those new forms instead of new mons.

>How much did you pay for your time machine? Or did you make it yourself?

It's almost like they already released a full map of the region..

Yes he's hwyte

Well I mean it is a very attractive sheep.

how do I follow this user's posts?

Attached: 3d50dbf8a18fb2da1bcc96329a46ac7a.gif (700x730, 717K)

that's just sad

Goddamn the incompetence is disgusting.

It will be free a couple of months after release

Attached: 57d.png (1673x2160, 2.24M)

>TLDR: the only reason not to buy the game OP, is if you really care about buying a game that's worth your money
I agree

>SWSH
>Post is fucking garbage
Every time

She's merely trying to assert dominance.

It's not the only thing that matters but their entire argument behind not including some pokemon is that it would let them focus on making the ones they do have look good and focusing on the quality of the game. Overall the game looks very, very slightly better than SM AT BEST. They're reusing the same futureproofed XY models, they have jack shit for animations, there's a white guy doing art direction and as such the pokemon mostly look shitty, the waifu quality is significantly lower than SM and that was basically the only thing that saved it from being complete kusoge like ORAS.

There is no longer any reason to keep up with mainline pokemon. Play romhacks and fangames.

>the piss poor game balance, the increasing casualization, the constant content removals, and the scam 3rd version games? nah those are fine
>BUT MY BRO STANTLER ISN'T IN SO YOU SHOULDN'T BUY THE GAMES ANYMORE

Attached: bc3.png (636x773, 8K)

Not everyone cares about the national dex as much as you do. You might be autistic if you can’t grasp that

Natdex is gay as fuck and I still don't care about it
It's yet another by-the-books mainline game where the gimmick is "it just gets bigger"

If you wanted something more than you came to the wrong place

It's all bad you idiot

Yeah, it's just a coincidence that only NOW people are starting twitter hashtags and mass shitposting at the mere thought of someone liking the game!

>only NOW

Yes, only now you newfag.

You're trying too hard, friend. Ask for your discord friends for more lessons

The masses really didn't care about content removal in Pokemon until this

>Something about the Pokedex?
Yes, but also something about the fucking lifeless and robotic animations, dozens of cut features from past games, shit-tier visuals outside of towns, below average Pokémon designs, rehashed gimmicks nobody wanted advertised as new ones, and an overall lack of clarity on Gamefreak’s part to give any real answer to why they’ve had to compromise yet another beloved feature from past games. It’s fucking insulting to see how much they’ve avoided the subject after they released that non-statement a while back. It’s smart though, the more they continue to pretend these issues don’t exist, the quicker retards like you forget they exist.

Attached: DD45B855-4167-4642-9D1F-CAD55E70291B.png (407x286, 96K)

People has been bitching about shit graphics and no animations since XY.

People, yes
Normalfags, not so much.

You can tell this game was made with mobileshit in mind. In fact GF thought the Switch would be a failure as a console, so it's no wonder they're using these barebones as fuck assets meant for mobile games.

>jew
>white
That's a good joke.

Fuck this guy

Attached: jmss.png (637x630, 298K)

Nothing wrong with the steel ones

Clefkeys cute the rest are trash

I outgrew them, they're not fun anymore, at least to me, i emulated Sun/Moon and i never played it past the first "Not a Gym" battle
Or maybe the games are shit now, who knows?

Attached: 198619264.jpg (500x500, 28K)

These I like. Would catch/10

Attached: like.png (634x660, 313K)

Why is everyone mad about the pokédex? Moving forward this could be a good opportunity to retcon retarded pokemon. Like the Icecream or the set of keys.

And this one I would fuck.

Attached: FDECA0D7-27C5-4E99-A2FE-8C8A527E2270.jpg (1000x958, 241K)

>There will never be another franchise with as much soul as early gen pokemon

This fucker designed every pokemon I hate. Also, he is the art director for sword and shield? Coinci dinki? I think not. James Turner is jewish trash.